Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17873
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 9/21/2012, 2:14 pm

Wedding Peach ep.27,It was funny seeing how the girls were trying to do each other at the nursery in order to prove to Yanigba that they really loved kids.I was thinking when I watched it that if it ever aired on U.S. tv they probably would have edited the part where Hinagiku gets pissed on when trying to change diapers. lol!

Thursday I saw Utena episode 9.So was that pink haired girl in the coffin in
    Saionji's flashback Utena?
    Next week is another Namimi episode.

Tonight I start XXXHolic.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 9/26/2012, 1:46 pm

I got season 1 of Squid Girl in the mail yesterday.Now I only have to wait awhile and decide what to order next.
    As far as what I actually watched,I re-watched Kashimashi ep.10 yesterday.Only two more regular episodes and the 'Special' left to go now.
    Oh,and I also saw the interview with Jun Puu's seiyuu.It was interesting in that she said when she's with other people she can be as hyper as Jun Puu,but by herself she can be rather depressed.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/8/2012, 1:42 pm

Next Thursday I start season 1 of Rosario x Vampire. Cool
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/12/2012, 1:45 pm

Finished Revolutionary Girl Utena:The Student Council Saga yesterday.Very good and recommendable.
    One of the main differences between the manga and the anime is that Wakaba has less of a presence in the first part of the anime.I think that's probably because they needed to give Namimi more of a
    presence.
    Another difference is in the manga Saionji is still in school when Utena looses to Touga,but in the anime he's expelled before then.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/19/2012, 1:52 pm

Started Rosario x Vampire yesterday night.My only real criticism is that the ED was a bit too fast.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18988
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 10/19/2012, 7:49 pm

But it's nice animation there. You don't see that often in the day. Hmm, a bit like some of those old classics, just more modern graphics and fluidity.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/22/2012, 1:33 pm

Very Happy

Yes it does have great animation.Plus when you get pass the ecchi and fanservice parts
    not a bad story either.

I'm watching Time Traveler:The Girl Who Leapt Through Time tommorrow. Smile

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/24/2012, 2:09 pm

Watched the live action movie Time Traveler:The Girl Who Leapt Through Time yesterday very good.
    It's the sequel to the anime movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
    Time Traveler was a combination sad,bittersweet,melancholic and comic even goofy(what's the deal with the seagull?Was that supposed to be a pun on the saying 'time flies'?)
    Any way at the end you knew that Akira was going back to the future(no pun intended)wheter she wanted to or not.Too bad about Ryota getting on that bus though,it would have been nice to see them meet up again 36 years later with their memories of each other intact like Yuki and Toohru do at the end of the
    Silent Mobius episode Labyrnth,but wasn't to be.So sad.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/25/2012, 1:22 pm

Huh, seagul? I could be wrong but it's more like reincarnation? Or in this case a repeat or maybe destiny...

Ah, reminds me of classics with those rebirth stories ... In a way you could say this is just a different mechanism.
    I think I will take a look at the live action, too. Very Happy
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/26/2012, 3:11 pm

It's more of a love story with a Sci Fi time traveling setting than anything else,but
    good. Very Happy

Wed.episode 32 of Wedding Peach.I think Potamos is even ditzier than Usagi and
    Excel combined! Laughing
    I say that because Mitsuishi(sp?)Kotono plays all three of them.

Th.ep.2 of Rosario x Vampire.I think the first clue Kurumu was a succubus was the way her boobs bounce all over the place!
    And the end with her and Moka fighting over Tsukune reminded me of Ryoko and Aeka.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/28/2012, 7:55 am

Sword of the stranger
    A bit unusual, I guess. It's about a group of Ming chinese trying to obtain an immortality elixir. However, they need a boy's blood who happen to be on the run and meeting the "hero". The hero happens to be a red-haired southern barbar. The ing have a blond blue-eyed lead warrior. Time around 16th century. It seems both lead characters refer to certain legends/stories and group of people in asia:
    -a supposedly foreign samurai coming in a "bowl" boat (found in vietnam)
    -decendants of white people (rare minority before europeans reached asia in 18th cent.)(found in both china and vietnam) They are of unknown origin, but genetics should already solved this, though.
    Anyway, Katana are supposedly new but somehow are better than the (somewhat outdated metal) straight chinese sword. Quite some fights that are censored halfway. Aside from the simple story there may be some critic on aristocraty.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/29/2012, 1:44 pm

I've only the finale left next week for Slayers Try. Cool
    After that four episodes of Last Exile(5-Cool.
    Tommorrow I start Ikki-tousen.Should be fun. Smile
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/31/2012, 1:53 pm

Finally got around to watching Ikki-tousen.The first episode yesterday really had me chuckling and laughing a lot.Hakufu is certainly up there with Excel as being a regular airhead,but boy can she
    ever fight!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/1/2012, 9:05 am

Well, there's no show that combines a blue haired Rei Ryomou, a green-haired Milia Ryufo, a white-haired Ruri Chouun etc. Laughing
    Despite all the fun and candy Embarassed it does have a high rate of deaths.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/2/2012, 1:38 pm

I just got started on Ikki-tousen so they haven't gotten to the people dying yet.
    From what I understand it's based on the Tale of the Twelve Kingdoms.

Wed.:episode 33 of Wedding Peach.This is the episode that reveals that Yanigba is really Limone and that he and Lily were in love before Lily was reincarnated as
    Yuri.

Th.:Rosario xVampire episode 3,Yukari the bi-sexual pre-teen witch is introduced.
    So Moka is as smart as she is sexy! Cool
    I mean getting #3 behind Yukari at #1.Poor Tsukune is just #101. Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/2/2012, 9:42 pm

Actually, it's "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", china's most famous novel. Has not much to do with real history. The Twelve Kingdoms is a japanese novel. And the names used in the anime are japanese.

For a bit of related fun from one variation of the novel:
    Guy: "Could she be the black-haired bandit hunter?"
    Aisha (Kan'u): "Well, some people call me that."
    Guy: "Because she's said to be a rare beauty with black hair, I almost overlooked you."
    Lin-lin (Chouhi): "You're famous because of your beauty."
    Aisha: "Yeah, my black hair is."

Guy: "Who the hell are you?"
    Shiryu (Chou'un): "This is the girl famed for her lush natural hair 'down there...'
    [short break]
    Shiryu: "This is the famous black-haired handit hunter, who brings comfort to the weak and terror to the strong!"
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/5/2012, 2:39 pm

Well I knew it was something like that.So Hakufu's role is to unite the 7 schools or how many there are just like her namesake united the 3 or 12 kingdoms or how many there were? scratch

Any way I am now all done with Slayers for the time being as I finished Slayers Try yesterday.Next week I start ep.5-8 of Last Exile with episode 5. cheers
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/6/2012, 8:19 am

Well, you should get this right since there's only two chinese stories you gotta at least know. The Romance of three kingdoms and "the journey to the west(india)"
    The Romance of Three Kingdoms:
    Kan dynasty after the fall of the Han dynasty; the lords of the nine provinces vie/struggle for power and eventual uniting the "country". Needless to say many characters and (ethnic) people are involved (althought not addressed as such). Sousou, for example is an orphan of an eunuch (not chinese, prisoner from some other people).
    It all ends up with 3 powers (Wei, Shu, and Wu) fighting it out. The actual story focuses on the three main heroes with their "ideal" party leader. Guess who. Laughing
    Ikkitousen focuses on Hakufu's party. No, it's not the main hero party.

the journey to the west:
    is about how buddism was introduced from india - a monk journeys to the west to obtain the sutra scrolls. On his way he meets the monkey king Sun Wukong (Son Goku), a pig, horse, kappa etc. who will accompany him.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/7/2012, 2:39 pm

Oh,I know all about The Journey To The West.Kagome talked about it in one episode of
    Inuyasha,plus isn't Dragonball supposedly based off it?

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms is entirely new to me.

Speaking of which saw ep.2 of Ikkitousen yesterday.So Ryomou gets even more badass
    when she takes the patch off her eye!? Cool

I wonder if the girls have extra clothes lying around because I can't see Hakufu
    walking home in the state her clothes were in at the end of the episode(her blouse was pretty much one piece of rags).Though being Hakufu she probably didn't mind much or notice.

Also this episode shows that Kounin can be just as badass as Hakufu! Cool
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/7/2012, 10:16 pm

I guess I missed that ep.
    Nah, dragonball is hardly representative. It starts and ends with Goku and his exploits, the gods, his friends, his journey, his death ... well, perhaps a bit.

It can't be you have at least seen parts or interpretation of it a dozen times in movies/anime etc. without knowing. Pretty much all the chinese movies of the past decade are all around that era. A handfull of older american movies have it, too. Not to mention the dozens of games, hundreds of TV eps of verious shows albeit of asian origin...
    Edit:
    I have to note in advance that the novel is biased and promotes the Han people. Historically admirable and to this day influential people became downright evil and badmouthed while the least performing han became the best there could be. Since the novel is popular people's view naturally is distorted.

Ryumou, the lovely sadistic, machochistic Mu-chan isn't so scary. Laughing
    Her eye is a secret that she wants to keep. So she may snap. Laughing
    I don't remember if it's revealed in this season or one of the later.

The girls don't mind during a fight. But they all do cover themselves properly except for some. Hakufu gets scolded (understatement) by her mother, though.

Koukin is a crybaby so he rather stays in the background.

It will get better for some more eps before it get serious.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/8/2012, 10:09 am

Romance of the three kingdom
    I have to note in advance that the novel is biased and promotes the Han people. Historically admirable and to this day influential people became downright evil and badmouthed while the least performing han became the best there could be. Since the novel is popular people's view naturally has been distorted. And the stories are as truthful as greek novels. Laughing

You can download an old(latest) translation here. Let's just say it was historically up to date at the time, but imho there's going to be a lot of changes coming for some decades until we westerners get the right picture of some truth. Just don't take everything up to be true.

There's an anime (2007/8)show for the novel but it's not popular outside asia so I dunno if we will ever get to see it.
    The only (alternative) manga I know is Ryuuroden, but I haven't checked it for the past 5 years...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/9/2012, 4:37 pm

Oh,I just remembered someone at Tenchiforms asked about the Seikai novels and your name came up.If you haven't seen it,they wanted to know if the translation you did was avaible to read.

Anyhows,I went and did a personality quiz of what Ikkitousen Girl Are You Most Like out of curiosity and got Ryomou! lol!
    Does that make me sadistic too?

Yesterday I saw ep.4 of Rosario x Vampire.So Yukari and Kurumu don't know Tsukune's
    human yet?!
    Favorite line:
    "What do I do now?"
    "I suggest you start with the assigned reading."
    Tsukune and Nekomone-sensei
    Yet Tsukune is one of those guys like Hideki that has a habit of thinking out loud.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/14/2012, 2:32 pm

Ikki-tousen ep.3 yesterday.Nothing seems to help Hakufu get out of the doldrums then a good fight it seems.And what is the name of that one girl who comes to her rescue at the karoake bar?I don't mean
    Ryofu,since she shows up later in the episode.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/15/2012, 10:23 pm

Frankly, I dunno what girl you mean...unless you mean Koukin.
    Poor koukin, not only did he get beaten trying to rescue his girl but also got demoted. Laughing He got lots of bad luck.
    Oh, well brace for Ryumu's shocking revelation of her past! And more like this to come.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/16/2012, 4:18 pm

Hey,I'm only up to episode 4 now!
    Seriously this has been a fun series to date.

I saw episode 5 of Rosario x Vampire yesterday,the one with the mermaids in it.In the manga it takes
    place BEFORE Yukari joins the gang.That is what I remember from the manga.Also Nekomone-sensei was
    hyping the newspaper club at the beginning of the story in the manga but in the anime she doesn't even make a mention of it until AFTER the events of the Swimming Club Fiasco.

Inner Moka bitch slapping Tsukune was great! I mean the dude deserved it after all his whole point of making Moka join the Swim Club with him was to see her in a bikini.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/29/2024, 7:53 am