Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17869
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? Empty The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 4/10/2009, 3:06 pm

I guess since it's one of those things that every anime forum has we should start a What Are You Watching thread?here as well.
    Me,aside from Ani-monday I have been watching the following:
    Tuesdays:Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi vol.2(finished)will start vol.3 next week.
    Wednesdays:All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku Tv vols.1 and 4(finished)will start School Rumble next week.
    Thursdays:Pretear (finished vol.1 and one episode left in vol.3)
    Fridays:Sakura Wars(finished vol.1 of tv series will start rewatching vol.2 of OVA Wedding Bells tonight)
    Saturdays:Rewatch various,tommorrow will be the second time for Hellsing Ultimate
    Sundays:Rewatching Ah!My Goddess S 1 Vols.1 & 2 working up to vol.4(I couldn't find vol.3) I love you
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12642
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by JGZinv 4/10/2009, 3:08 pm

Naruto Shippuden and Bleach anime and manga.
    Gundam Wing as filler.

Haven't really found something else I wanted to try yet.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 4/11/2009, 1:42 pm

Well I am currently waiting for my most current order from Rightstuf to come in.Hope,hope.
    If you're interested I have Vandread The Second Stage and Kiddy Grade both in line for some time later on to watch.
    I also have Tenchi Universe Space II along with the rewatching the original OVA and the movie Tenchi Forever.
    Actually Kiddy Grade is one of those shows I want to get more of one of these days.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 4/11/2009, 4:37 pm

Hopefully the get KG2 out soon, it's rather fallen under the radar lately and I've not heard anything on it. Other than all the panty shots... it was a good series.

Eventually I'll like to make their main ship in 3D and inject it into my mod.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/13/2009, 3:13 pm

I started with Case Eight,which was the final volume so when they showed the clones of Lumiere and Eclaire got me off balance.At least when I get the start of the series I know what happens!
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12460
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by AlexT 4/16/2009, 6:05 am

Guys, should't we provide some feedback about the anime we watch and mention here? Liked or not, genre, type etc.

Watching 12 kingdoms at the moment.
    Liked the beginning but now it gets kinda dull...Well, i usualy expect something different from fantasy. Characters are nice, but world is too peaceful - not much battles and power struggle so far and i hate when something is defined by fate/heavens...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/17/2009, 11:38 am

Well I just got Urusei Yatsura movie 1:Only You and OVA 1:Inaba The Dreammaker from Rightstuf and will be watching them next month.
    So far this week I have been watching(not counting Ani-Monday):
    Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi vol.3 ep.9,a really nice Kaoru/Aoi episode.Although for the life of me I can't understand why the subtitle keeps turning off each time I set the language.
    School Rumble vol.1 ep.1,first time I saw it and I thought it was hysterical,especially the fact that Tenma writes an entire scroll without signing her name to keep the guy she likes from moving.What was she doing writing War And Peace?
    Pretear vol.3,ep.10,so I finished that volume finally and have only volume 4 left to watch.It had a really good shocker of an ending.
    Tonight ep.5 of Sakura Wars OVA:Wedding Bells.Actually this was the first Sakura Wars DVD I ever bought,way before I bought vol.1 of the tv series.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 4/17/2009, 3:05 pm

Last thing I watched was the 10 Commandments with Heston.
    I was amazed at how much of it was made up versus what is actually in the Bible.

Still a little Naruto Shippuden and Gundam Wing....

Maybe I need a new series to watch.. it takes too long between episode releases.
    Got something like a Sci-fi comedy or some giant robots?

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/18/2009, 7:52 pm

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I really enjoy Sakura Wars.
    Tonight I am re-watching Elfen Lied,next week Neo-Ranga,which is another suggestion for mecha series.Only 15 minutes per episode.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/24/2009, 12:11 pm

So far this week I have seen:
    *Ah!My Goddess ep.3,the first appearance of Belldandy's Guardian Angel Holy Belle.
    *Ai Yori Aoshi Ehishi ep.10,still having problems with fixing the subtitles.
    *School Rumble ep.2,funny as heck.The part where Tenma refuses to come out of the bathroom was especially hilarious.
    *Pretear ep.11,only two weeks left.This show certainly has been full of surprises.
    Tonight the finale of Sakura Wars:Wedding Bells OVA.Next week I start vol.30 of Inuyasha.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/5/2009, 10:41 pm

Well I took a departure from the norm and watched all of Full Metal Panic and the 2nd Raid.
    Didn't see the in between comedy... but the other two were pretty decent.

Hopefully there's more material to go with a 3rd and 4th follow up to the main
    story. A lot of stuff was rather unresolved. Although with digital distribution
    and the market in this condition... I doubt we'll hear about it for a while if it
    will be done.

Schwenkdawg
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 113
    Imperial Credits : 11498
    Registration date : 2009-03-25

Post by Schwenkdawg 5/6/2009, 1:36 am

Hmm...the only thing i could say I've watched recently is Koi Kaze. Its interesting, albeit incredibly depressing. If you liked Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien, then you'll like Koi Kaze, because the relentless catharsis of "I might have it bad, but at least I dont have it THAT bad".

As for what ya'll have seen, I liked FMP. The middle thing, fumoffu, has literally no bearing on what actually happens in the overarching story, but some of it is actually funny. School Rumble...dont get me started. I LOVE that show.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/6/2009, 2:07 am

I'm watching Fumoffu now... with some exceptions, I'm having a hard time keeping a grin
    off my face through most of it. Course I've got a warped sense of humor anyway.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/6/2009, 11:53 am

Finished Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi yesterday.Very sweet ending.
    I especially liked the way that Tina and Aoi admitted they admire each other.
    Tonight I watch ep.4 of School Rumble.
    Tommorrow the series finale of Pretear.
    Friday ep. 90 of Inuyasha and Saturday Urusei Yatsura OVA 1:Inaba The Dreammaker.
    Sunday start vol.2 of Ah!My Goddess again.
    btw:As anyone else ever read the manga Mamotte Shugotten?It's kinda like Ah!My Goddess except it has two rival Chinese Goddesses in it.Very funny and I want to see if I can either get the second compiled volume or see if it's out in anime. cheers bounce
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11612
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart 5/7/2009, 2:39 am

Finished up a 'Battle Flag of the Stars' marathon.
    Watched CotS, Bots I/II/III in a row.

It's about time for me to watch my yearly watching of 'Vision of Escaflowne' on.

But, I may hold that off, still debating if I wanna start watching one of the Macross series; I've only seen the original.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12460

Post by AlexT 5/7/2009, 4:57 pm

I continued to watch "12 kingdoms" and in the end realized that it's very wise anime with a lot to learn from. While it's still not too action packed and world is not exactly my type, but there's something else in it. Now i'd recommend it for everyone. Not because you'll have a lot of fun with it, but because it may actualy teach someone a thing or two, especialy about responsibility, balance (of nature, power etc), finding your place in the world...

Finaly seen old Wolf's Rain (Jin-Roh). Dunno what to say - "business as usual". The line between man and the beast is thin, but this one seemed foolish to me - what is the reason for all that? No big money, no great career, not even ideology...

Since i needed something that would be easy on the brain i picked "
    Stigma of the Wind" anime. Usual modern world+magic stuff.

tanis1lionheart: I'd recommend Macross frontier. Ignore opinions - there's a lot of self-destructive individuals who like to spoil fun for themselves by searching for anti-personel mines in apple garden Smile I'ts quality made, great character design, animation and....and that's all i usualy care about for it's all about art, not sciecse Wink
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/8/2009, 12:24 pm

Finished Pretear.This had one of the best Sad final episodes of any Magic Girl series I have seen thus far.Although in the final end everything did end up Happily for everyone! cheers
    I know that sounds contradictory but emotions were up and down throughout.
    Though I still think Hayate looks like he could be related to Katsumi from Silent Mobius! lol!
    And as far as getting new stuff goes,I did manage to get to Suncoast and get the following:
    Excel Saga vol.2
    NOIR vol.4
    Full Moon vol.3(finally!!!!!)
    Ah!My Goddess vol.3
    Fancy Lala vol.4.
    Fancy Lala was the only one I haven's seen before the others are all additions of what I already have.
    Now I only need vols.3,5,6 to finish Excel Saga.
    btw:Didn't find Cardcaptor Saga this time around.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/17/2009, 5:39 pm

Well I watched Please (Onegai) Teacher yesterday and this afternoon.
    Orignally I figured I'd probably be repulsed and find a hentai game in
    anime form... but it turned out to be a really cute romantic story.
    It's got some fan service, but it's mostly overlookable until the OVA,
    in which they go a tad overboard.

Really it's a shame there's not more of the series. But that is indeed the curse of
    good anime... it's always short and sweet like Pocky (you'll have to watch it
    to get the reference).

Would have liked more exploration into the galactic force, and the trouble returning
    to earth. Perhaps more on Kazami's father or have them go into space together. What was needed to be said was said... however you can't help but find a nice story and wish to hear more about it.

I will say this much though, skip the dub.
    Even though it has Michelle Ruff (not as the lead) the voice for the main female character is just utterly grating on the nerves after seeing the sub. The original actress's voice fit much better.

Based on the cover title, and the dub actress... no wonder it never really took off.

...and yes I'm aware of the Twins follow up... I've got that next up to watch, but ya know it just isn't the same, without the same characters on the field of play.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18984

Post by Almael 5/17/2009, 6:08 pm

Throw away your biases! geek

Oh, you won't be that dissappointed by the twins. It's a t.....you will see.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/18/2009, 2:13 am

Well I hate to be a stickler Almael, but I don't think the Twins
    series lived up to the original. I ran a sub marathon to watch it all today.

While there were some insightful moments, and the ever so brief moments of checking in on the previous char' set were nice... it just seemed overall a inferior continuation.

Where as the first was about finding love, moving forward, and growth - the Twins was mostly about finding where you belong. This is fine and all, but the story didn't even get into second gear by ep 6.

The amount of nudity was rather unnecessary. Every episode we've got to have 2-3 bath scenes, so we can get some plot development. I'm rather sure this is the most bath scenes I have ever seen in my history of watching anime.

By the OVA, the story seemed to have degraded almost everyone's relationship into an excuse to have sex as the ultimate form of making memories, as an expression, or momentary fling. Age and sense tossed out the window. I don't see that as the original's message at all.

The dub on this one was also scary, but the original is guilty of that too.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's an average series at best, nothing really special, insightful, or worth buying unless you've got to have it to complete Teacher. I am saddened.

Like I said... short and sweet. Problem here is this batch of Pocky wasn't done blending before it went to shipping.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/18/2009, 7:53 pm

They had a joke in one of the previews for Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi where one of the characters refers to it as "on the next episode of 'Please Sister!'" lol!
    And yes,our beloved Michelle Ruff is also on the dub of Ai Yori Aoshi as the main heroine
    Aoi.
    Just re-watched Ah!My Goddess ep.7 yesterday.Poor Belldandy trying to find a romantic place.Urd shows up next ep.All hail Urd... queen
    drunken
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/19/2009, 10:02 am

JGZinv wrote:Well I hate to be a stickler Almael, but I don't think the Twins
    series lived up to the original. I ran a sub marathon to watch it all today.
    Yes, it's a typical threesome sibling story, but nowaday this is rare. I doubt you can call up another (new) one. We have harems instead.

I agree with the xxx, and it seems it's getting common nowaday. For the same reason I have come to hate Ayashi no Ceres starting from the second half. It may be unreasonable because it's the only series I have this repulsing feeling. I admit I was not very attracted to it to begin with, but I still liked the first part.
    Usually I feel annoyed by flashing x since I would have like to see the characters etal.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/20/2009, 4:55 pm

After the last time I had to look up Please Teacher and Please Twins at Wikie.I think Please Teacher sounds more interesting than Please Twins.
    For the record it's "Belldandy"that plays the heroine in the Japanese version of Please Teacher.Bridget Hoffman who plays her in the
    dub is best known for playing Lain in Serial Experiments Lain and Jeri in Digimon:Tamers. cheers
    Tonight I am officially starting Fancy Lala vol.4. cheers
    I'd like to get more but I doubt I could considering Bandai probably scrapped it the same way Viz scrapped Full Moon.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 5/21/2009, 12:49 pm

Watched Zone of the Enders Doloris i and Idolo OVA.

Doloris was pretty good and would go on a buy list if I was throwing
    money around. At times it was quirky, the ending almost produced tears,
    it was sufficient length...

I can honestly say though that I've seen mechas do things I had no concept
    of imagining them doing. Most due to the personality.

I'd get Doloris and just see or rent Idolo. The OVA isn't really long, and makes
    more sense if you saw the main series and first game ahead of time. The OVA is simply a prequel.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/21/2009, 2:26 pm

JGZinv wrote:I can honestly say though that I've seen mechas do things I had no concept
    of imagining them doing. Most due to the personality.

Spoiler:

I would have expected for Dolores to get a new human sized body, but a ...? -_-
    It's like a demotion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 6:45 am