Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18984
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 40 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 2/27/2016, 3:12 pm

Gate ep.20
    The gang is running away from Lelei's assassin. Arriving a fork, Itami uses a scientific methode of ramdoness to determine which way to go: letting a stick fall down. Lelei is very unimpressed and unenthusiastic.
    According, to Itami this method will be impossible to guess by their pursuers. "Not even us (could know)" is Lelei's comment. Laughing [Remember Mythbuster's episode about going (straight) in the wild without any navigation aid? Unless trained, humans always end up going in circle!]
    Zarzol has made a law wherein a committee, Oprichnina, is tasked with protecting and supporting the authority of the Emperor. Anyone can be arrested. The Japanese government decides to abandon their sympathizers in order not to encourage or agitate the hawks... This doesn't sit well with the troops and the general decides to put the troops on readiness. Pina is helpless.
    Zarzol's henchmen (romans with wolf pelts) round up people... Sherry escapes through the sewers but her family and estate are burned to the ground. The cleaners plan to smoke out the escapees and take Pina down, too, if she acts. Witness Sherry's greatness again. Yep, that's how a 12 year old should be, not like all those 14/5 teens with the intelligence of a 9/10 year old. A fight ensues.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 40 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 2/29/2016, 2:06 pm

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen ep21
    The Yamato invasion force retreats while Munechika protects the rear. Tusukuru's ships are about to cut their escape route. Munechika stays behind to let her men go. She unleashes a huge quake thrusting the gang on their way. She's presumed killed by Kurou.
    The gang is depressed over Munechika's lost. The Yamato people are distressed and insecure over their emperor's death. Oshutoru brought tea for Anje after which she collapses. He is accused of assassinating the Mikado (emperor) and attempting to assassinate princess Anje.
    Upon return the gang finds the country changed (and desolate). As the troops and populace are in turmoil it's decided to execute Oshutoru quickly.
    Seriously, are they going to squeeze everything into 3-5 more episodes or is there going to be more?

Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans ep21
    Gjallahorn naval carrier ships arrive to take in the mercs. The mercs decide to take Makanai, Kudelia and escape. Kudelia surprises everyone with organizing a ship for them showing she can do things on her own now.
    The show looks more and more like Gate where important information are left out and things get dumped on us out of nowhere with no explanations.
    The mercs and turbines women prepare their mechas: 3+3 humanoids and 4 mobile workers (how did they squeezed them into the shuttle? Seriously, it would be more like a ship than shuttle.)
    The Turbine's women take on the naval mechas (5). Carta makes an orbital dive jump. While Carta and her troops (7=7 stars) perform their stage appearance they get shot by the mercs who have no manners nor regards for speeches. Laughing Carta's form rank and attack Mikazuki who happily charges. Twisted Evil Carta's are no match for the savage mercs.
    Gjallahorn's naval landing troops (6 mobile mechs + 10 soldiers) land at the weak rear as predicted by the mercs. They get lured into the mansion and blown up. The mercs take over the landing vessels.
    Carta discover Orga and attacks. Biscuit is killed (as predicted).
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17869
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 2/29/2016, 2:56 pm

Friday watched episode 44 of Sailor Moon. The Sailor Scouts learn of the past from Queen Serenity. Meanwhile the cats discover that the Dark Kingdom is situated at the Arctic.
    Next week the beginning of the Final Battle.

Saturday episode 1 of Angelic Layer. Misaki arrives in Tokyo to stay with her Aunt Shoko and learns about the game Angelic Layer for the first time. She buys a kit and makes her own doll calling her
    "Hikaru" from the character in CLAMPS Magic Knight Rayearth.

Sunday episode 8 of Umi Monogatari. Urin and Marin's past is shown. Marin is still depressed
    and vows to go after her little sister again( but fails to free her again). Meanwhile back on the surface
    Kanon finds out that Koijima was by to visit her and she has a run in with a pissed off Ohashima.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/2/2016, 2:06 pm

Monday episode 6 of Vividred: this was a fun summer school one that basically was an excuse to get the girls in swim suits. Laughing
    Kenjiro decides to use the time to test Akane and the other girls' friendships and one of the first things he does is 'kidnap' Rei and make the others rescue her. However Rei ends up turning the tables on
    him by helping the others when they get in trouble.
    The episode ends with Mizuha showing Kenjiro a bill for the weekend and Akane trying to get closer to Rei again.

Thoughts:
    1.Himawari has the biggest boobs in the group as shown by the fact that she and Wakaba have to go shopping to get her a swim suit.
    2.Wakaba maybe a tomboy but when it comes to bugs she turns into a squirmy girly girl! Laughing
    3.Aoi can get really really dangerous when she's pissed!

And also this highlighted Rei's coolness.

Tuesday episode 4 of Excel Saga: this basically parodied Japanese dating sims, with Il Palazzo
    playing a game and using all the other characters as characters within the sim.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/4/2016, 2:04 pm

Wed. episode 22 of Kiddy Grade. This was the one I watched dubbed a couple weeks ago.
    So this time I re-watched it raw. I don't know but it seems Tweedledee and Tweedledum had more face time in the Japanese than in the English language version or I might just have not been paying attention when watching the dub; it just seems that way.

Th. episode 10 of Ikki-tousen. Hakufu and her cousin go to the pool. The guys ogle her much to their girls' dismay (especially when her top starts coming off). Ukitsu goes to the pool to challenge
    Hakufu and Ryomou follows to protect Hakufu.
    Meanwhile Chikyuu tries to steal a jade carving and gets beat and raped for her troubles.
    Ryofu turns up at the dojo and gets revenge for her lover.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/6/2016, 2:47 pm

Gate ep.21
    Fighting has started at the Japanese Imperial Embassy. Morita...who's that again? The PM?
    Anyway, since Japan has invited ambassadors (all military: US, GB, CN, G, RUS, NK?) and the press to the Special Region he won't allow a rescue operation. It would reveal the troubles as well as put Japan on the spot as a bully.
    Cherry proves far more responsible (adult) than Sugawara. The maidens and the old soldiers managed to drive the henchmen away. Some talk about the media (no objectivity, no responsibility, it's a business).
    A little fight over buying a map starts when the ambassadors visit a PX station. Laughing Meanwhile the gang returns to Rondel... since Lelei still needs to present her master dissertation. The assassin are already waiting.
    Pied Piper is one who deceives people's heart and turn them into assassins. After the hotel servants are caught Lelei tells them it's safer to stay since the servants are more wary now. But in reality those people will be deceived again, hence, she plans to use this chance to catch the real culprit.
    Meanwhile Pina is arrested and the Embassy is surrounded by Imperial troops. The Chief of Intel and co convince Morita to give permission to save their people and allies.
    Somehow the episode doesn't seem to progress much from last... I guess too much idle or unnecessary talk over obvious things. Yet, it covered a lot of "ground" in the novel.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/7/2016, 2:40 pm

Friday episode 45 of Sailor Moon I thought I was prepared for this one after having seen
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica but I admit I was wrong. This was the most intense episode of Season 1. With all the Senshis dying one by one to protect Usagi and help her to reach the Dark Kingdom.
    Jupiter was totally badass in how she died. After watching nearly all of the first season I have to say
    she's now my #3 favorite behind Mercury and Venus.
    Oh...and since I now have more room after moving into the basement I think I can now think of
    getting R now. Very Happy (I just have to set up the DVD player)

Saturday episode 2 of Angelic Layer Hotako and her brother and Tomayo are all introduced.
    Misaki gets into her first Angelic Layer fight by mistake but Icchan's coaching helps her through.
    After a rough start Hikaru beats her opponent by using a move that Misaki saw Tomayo use on
    Hotako's brother.

Sunday episode 9 of Umi Monogatari Kanon meets a depressed Marin returning from her
    futile attempt to retrieve Urin.
    To cheer her up she takes her to visit Suzuki who tries to help with some yoga(Marin's good, Kanon's bad).Later Suzuki relates the story of how she and Kanon became friends when they were younger.
    Some time later Marin is at the bus stop and meets Kojima. He tells her how he met Kanon and how
    they became friends.
    Later Kojima and Marin are at the beach and meet Kanon. Kojima and Kanon look abashed at
    each other as Marin encourages them to make up.
    At that point a sea monster attacks and Kojima is taken by it. It threatens to kill him.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/8/2016, 3:17 pm

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen ep22
    Kokopo happy being the de facto new ruler. He tries to put on Oshutoru's mask but it won't fit... flies off and onto the street below (logic problem: he's living in town?) It seems to have been picked up by Haku? Vurai tells Oshutoru to chose death to prevent Yamato from falling into chaos which he accepts. (Of course it will fall into chaos regardless because of power struggle.) The gang decides to recue him and escape to Ennakamui, Kiuru's homeland. Kiuru goes ahead to arrange things; Shinonon is sent along. Atui and Rurutui are sent home to avoid involving their countries. The gang's down to Kuon, Haku, Yskutowaruto, Nekone, Uruuru & Saraana, Nosuri and . Since Anju survived they will save her, too, from further assassinations. Karura and Touka offer help, providing information on how to get into the palace... through the sewers. Kuon, Haku, Yskutowaruto, Nekone infiltrate but Oshutoru refuses saying he has entrusted Yamato to Vurai. Oshutoru is stubborn but gives in and they escape at the last moment.
    Next episode: Escape
    I've been wondering who's Kuon's mother. She's feline which does only leave Karura but they sometimes seem to be of different feline types... yet imho their strength gives them away.

Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans ep22
    Now that the mercs have escaped with Makanai the rival powers are nervous who happen to be Carta's guardians. We finally get to see one of those giant ship islands in detail: Gjallahorn HQ, same ship in ep.11 & 13.
    The history of the Alaya-Vijnana system and the 72 Gundam's are revealed. A system that saved mankind but is now despised. McGillis Fareed complains about the Gjallahorn becoming corrupt after 300 years. (I think this took ten times longer than real life reality) Since they lost track of the escapees he tells Gaelio Bauduin that's how corrupt Gjallahorn has become. Conveniently not mentioning that it was, actually, him. Laughing McGillis convinces Gaelio to convert himself and Ein with the latest Alaya-Vijnana system.
    Meanwhile the mercs are depressed, angry etc. and Orga has shut himself in his room. Kudelia plans to change their destination to Anchorage to avoid Gjallahorn's net. And notice the huge hole in at Sidney, Australia, if you haven;t yet. There they will use an antique train and get to Edmonton (Quebec) via Fairbanks.
    Kudelia has really changed from a helpless damsel to a strong and men manipulating leader. Makanai gives her glaring eyes as if looking at a strong rival/enemy. Mika, in his own way, drags Orga out of his confinement. Now, they won't be on the receiving end... It's kill or be killed.
    Btw. the train is a double rail type... doubtful it's practical at that size especially in curves.
    I wonder if with Trump as president ownership laws are going to be favorable for these luxury estates at sea. I have no doubt it's where some people are heading.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/9/2016, 2:15 pm

Hmmm....unless the geographical make up is different the last time I checked Edmonton was still in Alberta.

Also Hakouro must've been really busy behind the scenes to sire so many offspring! Laughing

Monday I watched episode 14 of Hayate The Combat Butler and much to my chagrin discovered I had the sub only version. I think in all the hurry burry of moving I forgot it was sub only.
    Anyways this is the episode that starts out with Yuki telling Hina that Hayate didn't pass the entrance exam.
    They call Maria up but she tells them about the celebration because everyone thought he had passed.
    They get there in time to see a ball in progress.
    Nagi's miffed because she wanted a personal one on one cosplay party with Hayate but Claus ruined it all.
    Hina and Yuki tell Nagi that Hayate failed but no-one has the heart to tell him since he already made his thank you speech.
    Then the Trio appears and blurts out the news.
    Hayate goes sits in the park where Maria meets him and cheers him up by giving him his
    student id after he goes into a spiel about how he was looking forward to being able to go back to school. It turns out that Maria put in a good recommendation for him and that was enough.

Tuesday watched episode 5 of Excel Saga.
    In this one Excel and Hyatt inflitrate the beaucracy and unwittingly uncover a scandal. Also Hyatt
    unwittingly creates a bunch of zombies when she passes out drinks to the drones...er...workers.
    Meanwhile the Boys all turn up for orientation for the new jobs.
    Also the Excel Girls make their first appearance wanting to apply for jobs,but Excel gets pissed and
    slams the door on them. Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/9/2016, 2:51 pm

It's the Uncertainty principle. Razz
    AFAIK it appears Hakouro did so (more or less) in the game and novel. For a fact, Karura certainly kept her promise! *ROAR* Embarassed
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/9/2016, 2:53 pm

Fate Unlimited Blade Works
    Ep.11
    Shiro suffers from after effects of his magic circle. He has trouble controling his left arm/hand. At home Shiro feels awkward in Rin's present which she picks up as him being self-conscious of her being a girl. Hint!
    Rin grills him over his motives but his fuzziness drives her mad. Archer helps restoring Shiro's circuits saying he had a similar experience. Archer tells him leading a life of someone else's ideals is meaningless.
    Ep.12
    Rin tell Shiro they will go on a date which shocks him. (Rin has kind of already figured out Shiro and Archer's connection.) Saber totally sucks at baseball batting.
    Castor suddenly apears behind Fujimura while she's at Kiritsugu's grave. On their way home and unknowingly they are trapped in Castor's bounded field. Castor takes Saber as her servant. Saber seriously wounds Shiro. Archer arrives in time to save them. Rin inquires Archer's past/personality.
    Shiro wakes up at Rin's home and accidentally finds her pendant. He takes her pendant again. As Master Castor enters the church and tries to force Kirei to hand over the smaller Grail.
    Shiro searches for Rin to fight at her side. She tells him to quit. Note the original theme playing in the background & ED (sligthly different version performed by LiSA).
    [LiSA is a "recently" popular idol with her own show.]
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/11/2016, 2:07 pm

Wed. episode 23 of Kiddy Grade Alv manages to herd Lumiere and Eclaire into the disintegration
    chamber where she appears to dissolve them. Meanwhile the Chief attacks as a ruse to keep Alv busy until the rest of the ES and GOTT forces arrive. At first it seems they have the upper hand but Alv manages to compensate.
    Then everyone is surprised when Eclaire and Lumiere's dopplegangers appear from out of nowhere.
    The final surprise comes when Lumiere uses her ultimate power to bring them back in their adult
    form.

Th. episode 11 of Ikki tousen. Ukitsu is about to continue her attack when Hakufu collapses as a result of Toukatsu's earlier timed attack. Instead she decides to leave. Ryomou finally arrives at the pool and she and Koukin take Hakufu home where she has a nightmare involving snakes.
    Later at the hospital Ryofu watches painfully as Chikyuu dies. She decides to have it out with
    Toukatsu once and for all.
    She's not the only one as Ryomou and Hakufu arrive at the school and challenge it's fighters in order to get to Toukatsu. He welcomes them and then shows them an example of what will happen to Hakufu with a watermelon.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/14/2016, 3:07 pm

Friday finale of Sailor Moon

Saturday episode 3 of Angelic Layer

Sunday episode 10 of Umi Monogatari
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/16/2016, 1:06 pm

Gate ep.22
    Shandy's been tasked to recon for the assassin since she's unknown to the enemy. She went missing and returns in time to report about the scheme to attack Lelei on her dissertation day. They managed to stop the obvious puppet only to see Shandy stab Lelei afterwards.
    Meanwhile the embassy is under renewed attack. Pina gets chained and thrown into the prison... As the maidens and old soldiers suffer fatigue and food shortage the Rose knight leaders plan to break through and unite with their forces in Italica
    News finally reaches the gang and so they hurry back to the empire. The SDF also received permission to act. Airdrops and helicopters are sent.

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen ep23
    The gang is surrounded at the river bank ports and get separated. Haku plans to draw the troops using Oshutoru as bait, hopping to weaken the guards at the great gate.
    Pushed into a corner Kuon's power awakens..but she remains unconscious. Haku runs across Dekoponpo's palace which goes on everyone's nerves so they set it on fire... but Oshutoru intervenes and they enter the sewers.
    Rurutie, Kokopo, and Atui join up with Kuon's group and they get onto a boat. Vurai awaits Haku's group at the gate.
    Next episode: Oshutoru vs. Vurai

Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans ep23
    McGillis manipulates his friends to do his bidding even though he thinks they are the only people worth for his future plans for Gjallahorn. Carta attacks while the mercs are still traveling and gets injured seriously or worse.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/16/2016, 1:44 pm

Monday episode 11 of Bleach the fall out from Rukia and Ichigo being seen on tv interfering with the broadcast. Later Uryu challenges Ichigo to a Hollow hunt contest.
    hmmm...so Rukia is voiced by Orisaka Fumiko in the Japanese and Orihime is voiced by Osaka's seiyuu from Azumanga Daioh! Laughing

Tuesday episode 6 of Excel Saga Il Lapazzo sends the girls on a mission to the mountains.
    Misaki (probably the most competent character) is finally introduced.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/18/2016, 2:03 pm

Wednesday episode 24 of Kiddy Grade, the finale.

Th. episode 12 of Ikki tousen, the big reveal at the end is that Saiji turns out to be the Big Bad.
    Sets up for the final confrontation in the final episode when Hakufu's Dragon is finally released.

-------

http://kinofthestars.heavenforum.org/viewtopic.forum?t=224

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 5:38 am