Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4213
    Imperial Credits : 17925
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 13 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 11/19/2012, 2:31 pm

Episode 6,'Arbiter Attack' of Last Exile yesterday. Cool
    Sophie seems a lot more soft spoken and gentle in the original Japanese.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 13 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 11/21/2012, 2:29 pm

Ikki-tousen ep.4 yesterday.This one really earned the MA rating a bit,what with Saiji exposing
    Ryufou's breasts and all.Too bad they didn't show the fight between Ryufou and Saiji on screen
    though,it must've been something the way she beat the crap out of him.
    The main fight was pretty good;especially when Hakufu remembered to concentrate on the basics.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19022
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 11/21/2012, 9:44 pm

It will be revealed. Saoji never misses groping a girl! It's his absolute strong point and he's proud of it.

Sword Art Online ep 18+
    It foes into its second arc. Same stuff and more errors. Still average.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/23/2012, 4:44 pm

Wed. Wedding Peach ep.42,YURI'S LIPS.For some reason Hikami Kyoko pronounces the title in Japanese in a way that she is actually smacking her own lips at the end.This is the episode where Lily really looses it.I mean even Jama-P says she's more intense than usual!Then again they were interrupted in the middle of a romantic moment,so,yeah,I guess any girl or woman be highly pissed off by that.

Th.Rosario x Vampire ep.6,NEWSPAPER CLUB AND A VAMPIRE.Oh,yeah this is the one with the perpie
    werewolf!Again it deviates from the manga in that Yukari was not introduced until after vol.1 and this like the swimming episode occurs in vol.1 of the manga.Next week the Snow Woman versus Vampire episode.
    And what I really enjoyed about this one was the Holmes and Watson double act that Kurumu and Yukari
    do.Kurumu is now tied with Moka as favorite character in the anime.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/26/2012, 2:42 pm

ep.7 of Last Exile.So looks like Claus is a bit of a savant when it comes to flying as
    everyone agrees that he lacks technical skill.And yet he is able to do an aeronuatical
    manuever that even in Reality would be considered not just dangerous but nigh impossible to pull off successfully:a Scissors Dive into an Immelman Turn. Cool
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/28/2012, 2:34 pm

Episode 5 of Ikki-tousen yesterday.Looks like next episode is going to have Ryofou versus Ryomou.
    Hakufu trying to read the sign on the door was hilarious. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/30/2012, 2:41 pm

Speaking of Imai Yuka,re-watched Wedding Peach episode 43 on Wednesday night.
    Doi Mika manages to turn Raindevilla into a tragic character the way she tells her story to
    Yousuke before he turns into Veinto. Cool
    I think this is one of the reasons the original is superior to the dub.
    As far as Imai Yuka's Salvia,she kicks butt again in this episode before Yousuke/Veinto gets the better of the Love Angels.

Thursday,episode 7 of Rosario x Vampire and finally Shirayuki!
    Could her name be more obvious? Laughing
    After all you have shira,which apparently comes from shiroi the Japanese for white and then
    yuki which of course means snow.So her name actually could be translated as White Snow!
    The fun part was seeing Inner Moka getting mad at Tsukune for bringing her out for what she considered a 'worthless' fight.Then at the end when once more Tsukune,Moka and Kurumu are in blankets shivering away and the air gets colder because Shirayuki's in the door way.
    And Nekomone-sensei gets more air time!!!!! Very Happy
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/1/2012, 3:32 pm

After a long time I thought of taking a look at Falling skies 2nd season, SGU. Well, FS is still crap, I think it would have been better for a warhammer show than realistic aliens.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/4/2012, 1:11 am

I finished Dual again on Saturday.Funny how when you know she's in that one scene toward the end of the Special you start looking for Kiyone. Laughing
    Also finished with what I have of Last Exile yesterday.
    Going to start Blassreiter and what I have of UFO Princess Valkyrie this coming weekend.

Non-animewise,been watching a lot of Remington Steele on Metv lately. Cool
    Tonight they had an episode with Nana Visitor before she was Major/Colonel Kira
    on DS9. Cool
    There was also another episode where Tom Baker was the villain.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/11/2012, 7:33 pm

Shin Sekai Yori
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_the_New_World_%28novel%29
    I peeked at the first episode. I think it might be good but I can already feel the darkness behind it. It certainly has the blood splatters but censored.
    It's 1000 years from now, in a far future where mankind lives within an ideal utopia. It's a country and farm world with occasional large scale wood works. Everybody is happy (at first sight). Humankind has reached a new evolutionary level. (Some) People are empowered espers.
    No, they are not as weak as Kyosuke or at least don't seem to have his esper power kinks.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/16/2012, 3:05 pm

Psycho Pass
    This might be a good techno/scifi in a while.
    WARNING watching this anime may cloud your Psycho Pass!

It's about the later half of 2113, about 20 years after the Sybil system have been introduced. The Sybil revolutionized society by measuring people's psychological state and make it possible for people to lead a suitable and happy life. Unless you are a genius your life and profession is set upon graduation.
    Stress and bad thoughts will cloud your psycho scan result upon which you will receive therapies. At a certain level you are deemed "lost" and no longer needed in society. You will be imprisoned (if lucky), become an enforcer (to help the bureau of public safety), or disappear (upon resisting arrest).

Reliance on the Sybil system makes it a hypocrite world; dodged and manipulated by others without a second thought. It's a free pass for people as long as they can keep it within the limit.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/18/2012, 5:10 pm

I just restarted UFO Princess Valkyrie two weeks ago on Sunday. Very Happy
    I have vol.1 of Season 1 and volumes 2 and 3 of Season 2.Saw episode 2 last week,and now this week
    is the intro' for my beloved Head Catgirl Maid Ms.Sanada!(I wonder if her first name happens to be
    Mitsuki by any chance since it is Tanaka Rei in the Japanese version. Laughing )
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/21/2012, 2:21 pm

Tues. ep.8 of Ikki-tousen,'Goei's Betrayal,Why?' Goei is certainly running for Sadistic Mother of the
    Year. Laughing
    Though after what Hakufu has done once her dragon has come out it's no wonder.
    Favorite line:"Please look after my silly daughter."Goei to Kounin.Followed by the whole scene
    with the pillows. Laughing
    Wed.Wedding Peach ep.46,'My Boyfriend is a Devil',a lot more badassery from Scarlett/Salvia as she
    gets into conflict with Yuri and Hinagiku about releasing Yousuke's Devil alter ego Viento.
    Th. ep.10 of Rosario X Vampire 'Sunflower Field and a Vampire'.My one gripe is that after seeing
    the girls power up after episode 9 we skip over to Tsukune recovering.Although there was a lot of
    badassery displayed later on in the episode when they go up against Rubi once more.
    The good thing about episodes 9 and 10 is that Rubi is the first opponent since Shirayuki that was
    worth watching. cheers
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/27/2012, 2:31 pm

I am down to the final three episodes of Rosario X Vampire starting tonight with episode 11.
    After I finish it up I start another series with a cute vampire:Moonphase. Very Happy
    I just wish that the anime for Karin was avaible still.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/29/2012, 8:25 am

Ikki-tousen imho gets rewritten a bit with each season...
    Sadistic Mother is not quite correct, rather she's a "young, fragile" woman at heart with the shadow of an oni (jap. demon) Twisted Evil

Karin was available stateside the last time I looked, some two years ago...

Tokyo Godfathers
    What a surprise I got for xmas.
    It's a well directed anime, but it's not for everyone.
    It's really a dark social critical anime but it's not made so obvious.
    The story is about a baby being found by "homeless" people who try to find its parents.
    While the story unfolds we mostly see it taking place in the evening or at night. Some tragedies happen but get pushed easily and without care to the side as if they are just backgrounds.
    There's no explicit critical pointing rather there's a silent display in the background.

The Third: The Girl With The Blue Eye
    It's scifi anime that seems to combine Tank Girl with Guunm and Iria.
    In an undetermined world and time, Honoka makes a living by taking any job short of killing humans. She lives in an armored and weaponized dola with an AI.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/31/2012, 3:06 pm

Hmmm....I thought Karin had gone OOP.

I have to say I enjoyed both Ikki-tousen and Rosario X Vampire so much that I am considering getting
    Season 2 of both.Then again Inoue Kikoue is in both. Very Happy

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/5/2013, 9:57 am

Hard to say which to get first Laughing
    In Ikki-tousen, a lot about Ryumou & Ruby. And Ryofu returns in the third.
    Rosario X Vampire isn't quite as good as the first but the curse adventure continues.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/5/2013, 6:33 pm

I have episode 13 to see on Thursday and then that's all she wrote for Rosario X Vampire until next time.
    I understand why the girls(other than Moka)might've been miffed at Tsukune for not letting them in on his being human.I mean if he had told them earlier or manned up when the SS(School Security club)had
    barged in then maybe they would have had a more united front.
    I also understand the reasons why both Gin and Shikayuki walked out of the club room.
    Gin because he was scared from his previous encounter with the SS(and they do act like the Gestapo)
    and Shirayuki because she by nature is a loner to begin with.Though in her case it might have been
    also that she thought that Tsukune betrayed her a bit.
    I really missed Rubi though as she was AWOL in both this episode and episode 11.Though from the
    end credit animation I am certain that she will show up before all is done with.
    Also wasn't execution a bit overdoing things?
    Why didn't they simply wipe Tsukune's memory and dump him back in the Human World without any
    knowledge of Yokai Academy?
    My own thinking on this is that it wasn't really about Tsukune being human as it is the fact that the Newspaper Club is the only one to stand up successfully against the SS and so they want the rest of the school to learn a lesson of what happens when people rebel against the SS.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/11/2013, 4:22 pm

Finished with Rosario X Vampire and on to Moonphase next Thursday. Very Happy
    What I really loved about the finale of R X V was the way that Rubi was the one that rallied the troops to save Tsukune.I also liked Kurumu's line about how Moka and Tsukune were stupid in not letting the others in on Tsukune being human.
    The end when Nekomone-sensei and the rest of class make it to the roof and THINK Tsukune was the one who defeated Kuyo was interesting as it just built up Tsukune's monster cred(bet he doesn't get hassled any more about that subject).I also loved the fact that Tuskune was TRYING to tell everyone that it was Moka but couldn't get a word in edgewise! Laughing
    Of course the epilogue where all five girls are trying to kiss poor Tsukune... Laughing
    I think I might order Capu 2 some time later this year but not quite yet.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/16/2013, 6:02 pm

One more episode of Ikki-tousen left for next week.Starting Moonphase on Thursday.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/23/2013, 2:36 pm

Done with Ikki-tousen.I loved Master Choto's anaylsis of both Ukitsa's and Hakufu's characters:
    "They're both pretty stupid!" Laughing
    Ain't that the truth.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/30/2013, 2:29 pm

Re-watched Urusei Yatsura Movie 1:Only You yesterday.I don't use the word AWESOME a lot but this certainly is an AWESOME movie.The intricate detail of the background animation makes it hard to
    realize it was all done prior to the age of CGI;but then again that is why it is so AWESOME! Very Happy
    btw:Do you know why AnimEigo lists Inaba The Dreammaker as OVA 1 when it's really OVA 3?
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12498

Post by AlexT 2/3/2013, 2:34 pm

Had some free holidays recenly and among other anime watched the Isekai no seikishi monogatari or "Saint Knight Story in an Alternate World", a "Tenchi Muyo" spin-off as i learned later.
    Although it didn't seem like the type i usualy like i ended up enjoying it a lot.
    It proved once again that often it's the overall quality of anime that matters. Story, comedy and especially characters are all very well done. The world feels like it has a lot of potential to it and could use more detail and more series, with a bit less "harem" and more mecha/politics/battles etc.

Other stuff watched:
    PsychoPass is a nice future/cyberpunk, great quality as well - a rare sight these days. Like it
    Zetsuen no Tempest - a bit "forced" storyline, but kinds like it..
    Total Eclipse - ended up being mediocre mecha.
    Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon totaly weird, but with nice visual design and fun to watch, weird though
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/5/2013, 8:17 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Re-watched Urusei Yatsura Movie 1:Only You yesterday.I don't use the word AWESOME a lot but this certainly is an AWESOME movie.

btw:Do you know why AnimEigo lists Inaba The Dreammaker as OVA 1 when it's really OVA 3?
    Watch classics like Sazan/3x3 Eyes, too!
    Dunno it's probably a past naming problem. This is similar to all the japanese games with different numbering in the states and in japan...
    Make sure you check what you buy.

AlexT wrote:Had some free holidays and among other anime watched the Isekai no seikishi monogatari or "Saint Knight Story in an Alternate World", a "Tenchi Muyo" spin-off as i learned later.

Other stuff watched:
    PsychoPass is a nice future/cyberpunk, great quality as well - a rare sight these days. Like it
    Zetsuen no Tempest - a bit "forced" storyline, but kinda like it..
    Total Eclipse - ended up being mediocre mecha.
    Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon totaly weird, but with nice visual design and fun to watch, weird though
    Eureka Seven AO - nice one, although none of the charm original Eureka had.
    Well, it's tenchi haremness..
    Yeah, Total Eclipse was disappointing in the end. Too much relationship games stuff then a war story. Although, the game had a lot of war stuff. Imho game > anime.
    Agree, on all your insights.

Btw. watch Shin Sekai Yori. It's good!!
    Nothing else good found yet.

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12498

Post by AlexT 2/5/2013, 11:41 am

I tried watching Tenchi right after but found almost no similarity between two - aside from completely different world Isekai is more mature with less obvious harem stuff - more of a funny moments which fit well into storyline and world's culture. It actually remind me of Seikai more, with it's own version of Jinto getting into unfamiliar world, a princess (or even a few of them), kingdoms with their politics, wars and mechas instead of spaceships
    Guess i miss these epic stories with large "full-scale world" feel and not just "setting"

Forgot to mention "Courtesy of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited" (not sure if there's Japanese name for it) - a kind of Code Geass style thing. So far it's ok, sometimes good, we'll see

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 12:34 am