Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19022
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 7/16/2012, 12:48 pm

AlexT wrote:Was kinda "oh my, girls and robots again", but seeing how cruel story is to it's characters made it feel like some of those old school sci-fi anime... and it got my attention.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. There are a bunch of those girl + tech shows, totally loli imho. There is one somewhat similar and maybe better than the rest: Sky Girls.
    The rest we can add to Mitsuki's to avoid thread...
    Muv Luv Ultimate and Alternative mangas are available online.

I also saw Sword Art Online, it's a virtual survival game similar to the korean/manwha I posted some years ago: Half Prince. However, the SAQ is not as good in terms of writing, dialogues etc. SAQ is rather average.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4213
    Imperial Credits : 17925
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 7/16/2012, 2:11 pm

So I re-watched ep.14 of Madlax Friday.Rimelda evidently can only get the drop on
    Madlax when she's under an hypnotic trance.
    Saturday I finished Tokyo Mew Mew with ep.52.I put up there with Sailor Moon and
    Wedding Peach as being highly entertaining if you enjoy Magic Girl shows. Cool
    The ending where Ichigo dies momentarily and then comes back to life reminded me of the ending to Pretear a bit.
    I also re-watched episode 6 of Sakura Wars.Fun to see how very literal Sakura thinks.
    Sunday ep.10 of Slayers' Try. cheers
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12498

Post by AlexT 7/16/2012, 5:19 pm

Anyone watching Eureka 7: AO? While i can't say it's as good as original Eureka (which was also good quality anime with unique atmosphere imo) - this one is good too.

Anothe Mecha i'm trying to watch is "Rinne no Lagrange" (Flower of eternity?). Mixed feelings so far - more girls than mecha for now ^_^

Btw, there's something i'd recommend to see - short OVA called Higan. Very realistic short movie about mecha fight and war itself

Among non-mecha anime i did like anime called "Kamisama no Memo-chou", should translate as "Notebook of god"? Liked it for one simple reason - quality work. There's a lot of cheaply made anime and seeing well writen, well animated, well voiced etc. anime makes you want to watch it, no matter what it is about...And in this case it's kind of detective type
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/17/2012, 2:11 pm

Nope, haven't watched Eureka 7: AO or Higan.
    I'm skeptical of Eureka7AO and I hear it gets good around ep.12 so will leave it for later. Will look into Higan.

Rinne no Lagrange was a bit disappointing (it failed to become epic), but the transformation made me realize the connection to Macross 2 (VC-079) which in turn spawned Yukikaze and Rinne no Lagrange.
    Before Yukikaze seemed familar but couldn't put my finger on it.

Kamisama no Memo-chou is "NEAT". I liked the stalker ep. most. Yep, one point "you can't judge a book by the cover."

Well, since you have been out of touch for a while a very short rundown of some as far as I can remember

artistry/quality shows
    Sora no Woto, for various reasons I haven't been able watched it all, and I regret that. It's good, although, I have my doubts about the story. I hope people keep seeding this for a long time.
    RideBack, must see
    Summer Wars, must see
    5 Centimeters per second, should see at least once, simple but amazing art, very good directing, so-so story

retro
    Ozma, old style made new, perhabs it looks better than it is
    009-1, I liked the 70 style
    Asobi ni Iku Yo, not really a retro, but ep. 9 made it all worth for me even if it killed all the kids watching it. *Whahaha*

entertaining/weird/quality
    Binbougami ga, it's all about opposides clashing each other
    B Gata H Kei, one of those h-grazed girl show, no not quite what you are thinking
    Bakemonogatari; Nisemonogatari: these two need some get used to, and you will probably be left in the dust by the sheer amount of information
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, righteous guy is being divined to become the demon king in front of everyone Evil or Very Mad
    Seitokai Yakuindomo, understanding outgoing girls Laughing Note ep.6 special OP! <3 (Korean three sister story? Evil or Very Mad )
    Ben-To, the dayli struggles of poor students
    Senki Zesshou Symphogear, so-so story, but nice show

romance, not many good these days
    Air, must see, read the manga a decade ago but it was too weird for me, the anime is definitively better to follow
    Hatsukoi Limited, "new" but good classical style of story/writing, been a while since something this good has been made
    Nodame Cantabile, refreshing <3
    Amagami; Amagami S; Amagami SS; Amagami SSS, high quality but Meh, maybe I will watch it all when I'm bored to death

scifi/weird
    Eve no Jikan, must see, although, the ideas may not be necessarily new for you
    Pale Cocoon, must see, old 70 scifi story like
    Planets, yeah, it's already old but must see
    Last Exile Fam the silver wing, better than the original in terms of explaination/background info, massive battles
    Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Space), you may mistake it for The girl who leap through time, it doesn't matter Very Happy
    Uninhabited Planet SURVIVE. it's for kids, but this one deserves to be among the World Masterpiece Theater category
    Popotan, a bit long, maybe for teens, maybe strange story, but if you don't have anything to watch it's kind of nice
    Blassreiter, monster/zombie show a la kill them all Tomio

fantasy, not many good these days
    Kyou Kara Maou, the better fantasy anime within the last decade, because lack of any better
    Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, hq tenchi verse show
    Zero no Tsukaima, too long, but good enough when you don't have anything else to watch
    Utawarerumono OVA, the OVA not the show, disappointing, but it sheds light on the background story of the popular characters.
    Omamori Himari, romance/magical girl, well made
    Dog Days, I guess it's rather for teens, but kind of like the setup
    Fairy Tale, same name as the one I talked about back at AN, but no. This one is naruto/one piece esque. So-So
    Hunter x Hunter, the manga was good until vol10 many years ago.
    Campione, well, perhabs ok perhabs not

history/fantasy
    Koihime Musou, Shin Koihime Musou: it took me several tries and a while to like this xth "romance of the three kingdom" remake, but it's not bad if you like only girls show
    Sengoku Otome Momoiro Paradox, like above, but less entertaining
    Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, if you are bored and have nothing to watch
    Oda Nobuna no Yabou; Brave 10; Manyuu Hikenchou, blah blah Meh
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/18/2012, 1:51 pm

Maze ep.24 Monday.And now only the finale left.So the Creator is trying to psych
    Maze out with all that talk at the end(at least that's mho).
    Di-Gi-Charats Nyo! ep. 7 & 8 yesterday,last two that I have.Next week start
    Kashimashi again. Smile

Speaking of Omamori Himari,it's more of a Fantasy/Catgirl/Harem Comedy series.
    Lizlet might remind people of a certain Mikuru from a certain TMOHS

lol!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/20/2012, 2:09 pm

Th.:Finished my sole volume of Trigun with ep.16.Wolfwood had a brief cameo in a couple scenes.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/23/2012, 11:35 am

Sword art Online ep3: Kirito's most regretful experience.....with the Black Cats. Why did the author have to chose that name?
    I wonder if it has something to do with a certain group I knew...
    Really, all the hype about the novels some 2/3 years back was way over the head. The anime is not really better. Or rather it's better because you don't see all the errors, inconsistencies, and faults that are in the novels. Only the timeline and for example leveling doesn't make sense in the anime. Kirito was Lv48 when stage 28 was conquered but only Lv70 when stage 48 was conquered while it took 1-2 years to reach stage 28 it took only 6 months to reach stage 48. Either the game is too easy or noob game writer.
    All in all, just average. Not really worth it. But if you are interested in fights with some kind of story then it's for you. Although, the anime doesn't really focus on fights either. Perhaps I should downgrade my verdict... Although, I say that it's not as bad as naruto-esque, if you know what I mean.

Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse ep4
    Test squadron is testing the JIVES simulation system
    Inia says Cryska & Misha are her family. These names remind me of the two dogs that died for the soviet space program....but it seems I'm mistaken. *shrugs*
    The combat noob american Top Gun and mixed blood Yuuya gets scolded by Yui. Naturally, he challenges Yui.
    Can't wait to see Yui kick the test squadron's buds with her yellow TSF-Type-00F Takemikazuchi in the next episode. Twisted Evil
    And why is Yuuya the main character when it's Yui's story?

for a bit of fun:Dragon Nest Tinkerer Audition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d3dnL5YKCY
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/23/2012, 2:18 pm

Fri.:Madlax ep.15
    Sat.:Mihoshi Special
    Sakura Wars ep.7:"You're the only one who can do it now Sakura...if you don't
    you'll never know what Western Curry tastes like."Sumire to Sakura.
    "Food doesn't taste right when you're eating alone."Iris.
    Sun.:Slayers' Try ep.11
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/25/2012, 2:11 pm

Finished Maze today.Yesterday started Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/27/2012, 1:18 pm

Wed. ep.19 of Wedding Peach and the second Saint Something Four has been found.Also
    Yuri gets some serious down time with Yanigba Sempai making Momoko and Hinagiku jealous.
    (And she seemed so sweet...Yuri that is!!! lol! )

Th. Revolutionary Girl Utena ep.1,WOW!Just WOW!
    The only regret I have so far is that Chuuchuu doesn't show up until the next episode. monkey
    Seriously though this is so tripping that it makes Yellow Submarine look tame by comparison.An must see classic anime! Basketball
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/1/2012, 1:43 pm

Yesterday Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl ep.2.
    Things to note: 1.Tomari has the most trouble of anyone with Hasumu's sudden sex change.
    2.Jun Puu appears at the very end.
    3.They really need to get a net for Namiko-sensei the way she keeps being
    batted around like Team Rocket.
    4.During the interview with Tomari's seiyuu they said that in the radio drama they
    pronounced her name as TOOMARI but in the anime the director had them pronounce it
    as TOEMARI.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/1/2012, 2:39 pm

Well, saw Muv Luv Alt total eclipse ep5
    As expected Yui kicked all their butts in seconds. It was kind of a lot faster than the manga so it was kind of over in an instance. Hmm. Well, still 3 novel books to go till the end... I wonder if Total Ecplise cast will get to meet the Alternative cast in November/December 2001. On the other hands it's good thing they animated Total Eclipse instead of Alternative. Alternative is just too scary, gruesome, leaves nightmarish impressions since unlike normal horror movie&games you get more attached to the characters and when they....-_-;
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/3/2012, 1:55 pm

Tuesday I saw the St Tail Special which was listed on Youtube as ep.1.
    Wed. ep.20 of Wedding Peach.Now they only need the fourth St.Something Four.
    I think it goes:Momoko/Peach=St.Something Old;Yuri/Lily=St.Something Blue;
    Hinagiku/Daisy=St.Something Borrowed,which means that when she shows up in
    Season 2 Scarlett/Salvia=St.Something New.
    Th.Utena ep.2.Wakaba and Scarlett/Angel Salvia from Wedding Peach actually have the same seiyuu:Imai Yuka,she's also Jinto! Laughing Very Happy
    Any way Chuuchuu finally arrives! monkey
    I also like the scene where Utena goes to take a look at her new room to find it all
    dusty and ratty,closes her eyes and opens it again and Anthy's cleaned it all up and
    it's furnished!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/10/2012, 2:05 pm

As noted on Alternative Worlds,I re-watched ep.21 of Wedding Peach on Wednesday and saw ep.3 of
    Utena yesterday.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/22/2012, 1:37 pm

Finished vol.1 of Kashimashi again.Horie Yui is really good as Yasuna,I can't imagine anyone doing a better job.Feel sorry for the V.A. who has to play Yasuna in the dubbed version has she has really
    tough act to follow.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/23/2012, 7:00 am

Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse ep7
    Well, the show is really some notches down from human political intrigues and blood & gore of the original Alternative.
    Anyway, it's august and the test team is sent to the front lines for testing. We finally get to see one of Yui's child project. The show doesn't have any scene showing her testing it in the past (a let down).

However, we get to see the elite "sowjet" unit. They are actually any group of sowjet people who are not russian eg white russian, Cecian (Česká) Wink etc. Well, the universe is a bit unrealistic here because it ignores Stalin being a georgian, and is more similar to our real world.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/24/2012, 1:49 pm

Wedding Peach ep.23,with everything going on the girls still manage to have their little cooking contest(even though at the end Momoko ended up giving Yousuke her
    Sukiyaki and they all wind up eating what Yuri made! Laughing ).Hinakigu managed to
    let out her inner Asuka Langley Soryhu in this one! Wink

Utena ep.5,I loved the irony of the end where Mickey's sister tells her friend that she never was any good at playing the piano,it was Mickey that made her sound so good.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/31/2012, 2:18 pm

Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse ep8
    Finally battlefield test during the alien large scale attack phase around the world. First sign of political conflict within the humans. We obviously see the faction that tries to sabotage mankind's defense. That is not to say they are bad guys, they just choose an evil path for mankind's survival. Anyway, we see the result of Yui's amazing EM machine gun project. For some reason it ends the battle with annihilating just two enemy groups out of dozens more....
    Next episode: Yui personally fights at the front line. <B
    Maybe we get to see more human infighting in japan and else where...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/3/2012, 2:29 pm

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu=The Legend of Legendary Heroes
    (lit. "the legend of the heroes of legend") Laughing
    I think I mentioned this some time before somewhere... but anyways....
    There's a little difference between manga and anime
    Hmm, the manga is a bit more like Slayers while the anime is more straight forward.
    Not really that surprising but I like the anime style more.
    I think the novels are probably better but there are ~40 (short) volumes and arcs 1&2 translation has been put off for the sake of arc 3&4.

Warning: blood & gore, torture (nudity), rumors, hereditary

What it's about? Well, take a guess: It's about
    a Hero King creating a better world.
    the beauty and the beast monster.
    the good Hero King, the bad Hero King and the loser.
    the fallen black hero (a la Sailor moon Galaxia) and the monster that sacrificed himself.
    sins darker than black
    believes

It's ok but a bit lacking in variety or simplicity perhaps.
    On one side it seem to miss some depth but then we are suddenly confronted by revelations. So it's not that well scripted/directed.
    For the time being it's open ended and may continue.
    Btw. for some reason the cast and the three kingdom cast made a cameo appearance in Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi (OAD).

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/5/2012, 3:20 pm

Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl ep.7,the beach episode.This is where Jun Puu gets introduced to the rest of the gang("Did she just fall from the sky?"),and we learn that Yasuna can't cook curry.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/14/2012, 3:34 pm

Wedding Peach ep.26,and now the revelation of the Fourth Love Angel or rather that there is a Fourth Love Angel. Smile

Utena ep.8:And I thought Yusana's curry was bad...Anthy's curry does things that
    Yusana's could never come close to! Laughing
    The part where the elephants keep chasing Namimi and her friends were more bizaare
    than Anthy and Utena swapping personalities.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/17/2012, 2:42 pm

looks like the video clip has been put together from end to start..

cute kittie

Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse 12
    The soviet base is being overrun by the beta. Although, the beta should be purring out from the underground tunnels they only appear sporadically for some reason. Yui tries to destroy her mecha rifle to prevent it from falling into sowjet hands. As it turned out the soviet planned to stage this from the very beginning. For some reason Yuuya is praised by Yui for being a model "hero" (giving him credit for doing the natural thing of caring for comrade)...duh...
    Really, still no change. The show is too much of a character & relationship show than some action/war show. The game were better with all the war background going on. Even behind enemy lines and in the middle of thousands of enemies it's still like a picnic. Doesn't feel anything close to real emergencies. No pressure of any kind, the characters have lots of time to chat and pursuit stupid action even thought they have urgent business to finish. I doubt the rest of the show is going to be better. Even kids and entertainment shows like "dog days" do better.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/17/2012, 3:49 pm

Friday:Blood,The Last Vampire
    Saturday:Dual! episode 3
    Sunday:Slayer's Try episode 19
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/19/2012, 2:15 pm

Tuesday:Kashimashi ep.9.This is the Summer Festival episode.One of my favorite scenes is the one where
    the little boy sees Asuta and says:"Mama, that man is acting funny."and then sees Namiko-sensei and
    says:"Mama,that woman is acting funny too!"and the mother hurries him away with a "don't-pay-any-attention-to-the-crazy-people.."line.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/21/2012, 7:14 am

Binbougami ga ep9
    I knew it was a funny series but this one was dangerous. Seeing how Chichi-chan (Tittyko) outdoes Akane(from Ranma) in cooking I suffered severe laughing attacks...that my body hurts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 7:31 am