Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4205
    Imperial Credits : 17901
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 22 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 10/9/2019, 1:10 pm

Re-reading The Best of Sixties Tv one nit about it is that on the two pages about Star Trek the picture is actually of the Enterprise-D from STNG and not the original series Enterprise.

Twins got swept by the Yankees. Welp it could be worse, the Mariners haven't made the playoffs since W was President.

Also in MLB history 107 years ago today the NY Giants' Christy Mathewson did one of the rarest fits in all of baseball: he retired the side in the 11th inning of an extra innings game on only three pitches.

What's happening in Hong Kong today is why many Chinese left there in the late '80s- the mid '90s and moved to places like Canada where they held dual citizenship because they saw precisely what is happening now there occurring back then.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/11/2019, 1:08 pm

Yep this whole impeachment thing is about protecting Biden's flank. Funny how the "Whistleblower" turned out not only to be a Democrat but also a CIA operative who worked closely with Joe Biden when the latter was VP and the "Whistleblower" was seconded to the NSA.

Yankees Vs Astros and Nationals Vs Braves.

I wish they'd bring back Netscape.Microsoft needs competition to keep them honest.

Getting colder.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/14/2019, 1:39 pm

Didn't know today was Columbus Day, thought it was next week, so surprised when the PO was closed though the library wasn't.

Astros tied ACLS.

Checked out a graphic novel called Nimona about a hench girl to a supervillain who set out to prove the Heros aren't want everyone thinks they are. Interesting premise (YA book).
    Sometimes I find YA books are more interesting than books for the grown up market.

Aside from the lesbian part(which weren't as bad this week as last)Batwoman might not be that bad. And next episode it looks like she finally dons the red wig.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19006
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 10/14/2019, 3:02 pm

My parents retired recently and it seems the FED are confused and complain about missing tax.
    Too tired to rant.

The impeachment issue is just the tip but I doubt it changes anything. Backstage dealings are normal.

Batwoman, forgot about it airing now. I'll tae a look asap.

Star Wars: Resistance, I was confused at first with SW:Rebels but will take a look soonish.

Fast and Furious-Hobbs and Shaw, looks like fun so I'll watch it when I can.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/16/2019, 1:09 pm

Star Wars: Resistance is only 2 seasons for some reason. Wonder if it has to do with the fact that Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is being touted as the last movie.

I goofed it was the Cardinals vs. the Nationals in the NLCS not the Braves, but it doesn't matter now as Washington is in the World Series.

the Mytrueancestry website now as free YDNA and MTDNA Haplogroup matches for all results. Interesting for me it shows 5 YDNA results and 16 MTDNA. Curious there would be more of one than the other.
    Though reading up on them may explain why I got some of the matches I have.

Didn't know there was a Democratic Debate yesterday, I honestly thought it was tonight, but then except for the few hundred people in the audience...who really cared?
    Basically same old same old except for Gabbard, who seems to be the only one making any sense on that side of the political aisle. Maybe the fact she's a military vet?

RWBY vol. 5 & 6 supposed to get here Monday.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/18/2019, 7:16 am

I think SW:Rebels was better than Star Wars: Resistance. Resistance is kind of limited in scope. I understand they wanted it to basically cover all the station type of stories so far (B5, ST:DS9, SG:Discovery).
    Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is only the finishing chapter for the Skywalker Saga (and starting a new Rey...something bloodline.) The franchise will expand from here similar to how Gundam's been doing for the past 30 years.

*shrugs* There's been a few debates but either ways it's gonna be a mess coming election. Too many conflicted interests with no one having a clear steadfast direction yet being flexible and compromising enough. In that light I'm not surprised Gabbard is making the cut now. I'm not certain of any other current candidate having good enough leadership to entrust the job. But she hving been military at least warrants she has some sense of responsibility, leadership and better view on fringe things about life and death ordinary people wouldn't have. That is in my view is a better choice. And I think many do think the same. However, it may not necessarily mean her personality is up to expectation. Kerry for example was doubtful. From what I've seen she's a proud service member who seems a bit... well lax or with a bit of oversight about the military rules on their public affiliation. This wouldn't happen with a MoH recipient, although, granted everyone would be more tolerant there.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/18/2019, 1:14 pm

Welp considering what the Dems have for candidates this time around....even Shinji would beat Bobby "Beto" O'Rourke.
    Also Animal from The Muppets= better drummer than "Beto".

So Madison West High in Madison Wisconsin fired a resource officer because he said the N-word to a student, the officer is black and the kid was calling him the N-word and he simply was using it to tell the kid not to call him by that word.

Yankees are now down to their final game against the Astros. Who'da thunk that a Houston vs. Washington DC World Series would be possible?

Frustrating because my Dad is having problems with getting around but he won't allow my Mom or me help him.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/21/2019, 8:31 am

That's like my eldest uncle.

Hmm, Jets win vs. Cowboys. Is that a come back?

A small laps of a few weeks and ofc the spammers didn't miss the opportunity at the wiki. *sighs*

I'm kind of surprised India and China didn't sent any probes to the Halley comet. Well, at least one fragment came to china last week.

The Walking Dead is back with season10. It seems to be more interesting than the last two. But it's over imho. Last season was about the nuclear power plants melting and about becoming a world(?) catastrophe but it seems to exist no more. *shrugs* The 100 show had taken this idea up at about the same time and it went all the way. Certainly, excessive as depicted but frankly it's a very real issue.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/21/2019, 1:43 pm

After Cherynobl and Fukushima definitely.

Vikings 42- Lions 24, at least it wasn't too much of cake walk and Cousins and the offense did what they were supposed to now if they would get something from the D as well and get all cylinders running...

Seahawks played nice hosts to the Ravens and played dead it seems.

Yep, Astros/Nationals in World Series.

RWBY 5 & 6 arrived today around 8:30 so they're probably still getting it processed before they put it in the box. So hope to pick it up tomorrow. My sister from Alaska sent us a heavy package and I had to carry it all the way to Safeway and back home as I had to stop by and get my medicine as well.

The race to replace AOC continues as the latest candidate to announce was a minister and community
    representative. Claims to be a moderate Democrat and that the only one who can defeat AOC is a Democrat(probably true). Maybe both GOP and Democrats should find a single candidate they can agree on to oust AOC. At least they all agree she's done crap for her district in Congress; also they all agree that Amazon would've helped jobwise.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/23/2019, 1:02 pm

They finally had to take my dad to the hospital as a stopgap measure for getting into hospice. His dementia made him rather angry and hard to handle. Fortunately they were able to give him some
    sedatives to calm him down and get him to sleep when he got there. Sad to say he has been declining too much lately and just the past week has only been consisting on milk and Ensure mainly. Our current house isn't what's needed as we only have one bathroom and no ramp or any other easy access for either wheelchair or walkers.
    My only prayer is that he could get healthy enough to be able to stand on his own again, but I don't see that happening right now.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/24/2019, 8:44 am

Yeah, dementia is scary and I don't wish it for anybody. Frankly, I've the feeling I'll experience this situation soon enough myself with my parents. It seems to me this has become widespread or rather we just got more informed. *shrugs* I properly might end up the same, too. Our modern dietary is properly also bad for it.

IBM just rebuked Google's Quntum Computer supremacy claim. Well, from what I see google just did a custom "calculation". It's basically a "program" which maximizes the data exchange between and the simultaneous usage of as many qubits as possible. It's just that the result doesn't matter or has any meaning or use whatsoever. Basically gibberish. :lol So IBM says instead of 100000 years on the best contemporary supercomputer it could be done in 2.5 days with a max optimized program with all math and software-hardware-specific tricks applied. They just couldn't proof it on short notice yet.
    200s vs 60^3s = 1080 times is still impressive. You got to consider a reasonable and useful sized quantum computer has to have at least a million, preferable a hundred million qubits or between 10000 to a million times faster. Currently, HPC are at minimum roughly in the PetaOps range. ExaOps is coming in a few years. And the next level probably a decade later. It seems to me quantum computers will have a hard time to surpass ordinary ones in raw power for the next 2 or 3 decades. After that I think classic computers will lose out simply due to physical design limitations/implementation rather than ability. So I don't think I'll ever own one in my lifetime. Even if someone invents room temperature superconductors today I don't think it will change the timetable at all. The amount of R&D necessary is still huge. It's something for my grandchildren at best. Tbh I doubt it's practical for anyone to own one for the next hundred years.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/25/2019, 1:31 pm

Well they say he can go at any time now. Our church has been really supportive. Now the thing is looking for a new house as our current one is not set up for an older person like my mom, too many steps and no ramp.

Been fooling around trying to figure out the new Tracphone we got from Amazon. It's rather tricky for someone who has never used one before to get everything right. Harder in a way than learning a computer for the first time. Real hit and miss and trial and error stuff.

If I have to move to an apartment I want it to be one that takes pets.

Also decided (and I think I said this before) but I think I'd prefer to cut the cable and only watch DVD and Blurays. That way I can keep my own schedule and watch what I want without worrying about commercials and things like that. I figure I can get the news on the internet as well as sports. I'm already reading comic strips on the internet...so...

Vikings 19/ Redskins 9.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/26/2019, 9:54 am

Good luck. Afaik the new regulations haven't been around long enough so mostly only new buildings got ramps. I haven't seen many myself either.

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-tracphones-work.html
    Yeah, the thing about navigation is selecting=moving forward or going backward or cancel. It's technically not so different but you got to use buttons (as in the picture?). Once you are used to it; the advantage with buttons (if tracktile) you can do it blindfolded. Just have to remember the menu tree (and contact list for example).

Yeah, honestly, I use TV for new and (random) shows only. So yeah you might be better of without cable. The majority of my viewing now is mostly streaming. My bandwidth usage has dramatically quadruple recently. I probably will have to change plans soon. Due to other circumstance I've to do this anyway. In the worse case I may end up going offline for a long time. If I'm not back for more than 6 months when it happens you should contact JGZinv and get yourself promoted to admin. Don't worry you hardly have to do anything. The most is delete spam. I'll try to let you guys know in time. Right now nothing is set yet so I dunno yet myself.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/28/2019, 4:00 pm

Well, this turns out to be a busy day since my dad died yesterday and today me and my mom and our minister went to the funeral home to discuss arrangements and then to the cemetery to look at a spot. He's being cremated so there won't be a coffin. All this came up suddenly. Friday we had to get the paramedics to take him to the hospital and it was downhill from there.
    We are waiting for my sisters to get here in the next couple weeks to get all the arrangements finalized. I don't think it may all sink in until Thanksgiving-Christmas time.

Right now the four things I am grateful for are Faith, Family, Friends and Anime. The last because of the opportunity for escapism it provides. And in time like this I think escapism is needed so that you don't become too obsessively morbid.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/30/2019, 1:15 pm

Game 7 tonight will decide it all.

Like anything when you loose a love one the best thing is to keep living life as normal as possible. In the end if you keep obsessing on death it will do you no good and certainly not help either you or the people around you who still care for you.

On my 100 Top Anime list I actually scored Actually I Am higher than Rosario x Vampire. The main reason was Capu 2, if it had been more like Season 1 I probably would've scored it higher.

I suppose after this year I will have to limit how much I order for financial reasons, also will have to limit how much I give to charity even more. Then again once I get all my DVDs and BDs in cases I will have more of a idea of how much space I will have left. My goal though is to finish certain series like RWBY. Also need to get more Live Action (but I can always check some out from the library every now and again).

If/when I move I will also have to consider how I am going to get all my junk moved. Hopefully if/when I move it will be to a place that welcomes pets.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/1/2019, 1:20 pm

Congrats to the Nats the new WS winners. Though personally I wish it had been the 'stros.
    Now only the Mariners are left as not having played in the WS(They came close once but were beaten by the Indians in the ALCS).

Hopefully Veterans Day will be warm enough for the burial at the cemetery for my dad.

Interesting is it not that not a single Republican voted in favor of the impeachment inquiry going forward.Meaning it passed on partisan lines. I think by next November Trump will win re-election simply because most Americans will be tired of the Dems by then.

I think even older Dems are getting disgusted with what's going on.

Supposedly we will learn the team colors and nick name for the new Seattle NHL club during the All Star Game.

The Joker movie has me wondering how many people actually read the
    [b]Joker comic back in the day.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/4/2019, 4:20 pm

Abbott and Costello tonight, I was going to check out either Slayers or the Sailor Moon S movie but decided not to has the library got busy.

Latest find on Mytrueancestry is that I'm a Danish Viking. Cool Very Happy
    Considering my paternal great grandma's paternal line on my grandpa's side, it makes sense since they were said to originally have been Danish Vikings who settled in England.

Next week is the big day so I hope it isn't too cold out. Everyone I talked to at church yesterday said that they hoped to come.

And then when it's all over the surreality of it all set in. Just hard to believe but my dad had a full long life at 95 so there's that.

The one thing that I can't seem to get down is working on the yard lately. I supposed part of it is the weather and the other part is I haven't been motivated since my dad's death to do anything outside.
    Hopefully after next week I'll get the will power to do something about that.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/5/2019, 1:51 pm

Sorry to hear about your father. My condolences.

The Patriots lost. Looks like that's it for their long run.

Things have been stormy, raining and all that jazz for weeks now. Been busy since the previous weekend.. actually the one before. how time flies...
    Did some "hasty" cleanup on the outside before winter snow hits.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/6/2019, 1:55 pm

We are going to have the service at 11 on Monday and then the burial of the urn. While it is sad at least he didn't have to suffer too long as it came quickly after he was in the hospital, so that's a blessing.

The Vikings lost a close game to the Chiefs. Meanwhile the Seahawks barely beat the Buccaneers. They should have dominated the game considering Tampa was only 2-5 but struggled the first half, which is not a good sign if you want to make it to the Superbowl. You can't allow teams with a loosing record to come out on fire like that, you need to dominate from kick off.

Still have a few leaves to rake but not feeling like it right now.

The second hand store that I bought some of my DVDs from is now closed for good. The building used to be a car dealership so wonder what they'll do with it now.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/7/2019, 8:05 am

I see. I'm kind of avoiding thinking about that inevitable experience. I just hope it won't happen too bad.

Anyhow, it seems I'll have to get some repairs underway. The stopcock are old and won't turn anymore. That's what you get living in a 50 years old house. The house probably will last another 50 years but all the plumbing are definitely in need of repairs.

My parents, and relatives in california are somewhat worried about the recent increase in earthquakes and the fires. The Big One might happen soonish and frankly at any time. I hope it's progressing rather gradually, hence, perhaps reduces the force of the Big One somewhat. It may only amount to a few percent but even a few seconds less could still save someone.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/8/2019, 1:37 pm

I thought the one back in '89 or '90 was the Big One, at least for the Bay Area since it happened during the As/Giants World Series.

Unfortunately it looks like the weather will be a bit on the miserable side on Monday.

Hope not.

Computer is having problems getting started today and I had to reboot it 3 or 4 times to get it going.

Looks like both the Left and Right online need history lessons when it comes to the Confederacy and the Civil War. For one thing the Democrats were the only major national party in 1860, it wasn't until after the war that the Republicans became a national party, until then they were a minor regional party.Also the Democrats of that time were more conservative than the Republicans of today and certainly than of the current crop of Dem Pres. Candidates.
    Bernie,et al wouldn't have made it through the door at the Democratic conventions of 1860.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/11/2019, 9:42 am

Unless earth is remade there's always a next Big One for California.

It's autumn, miserable weather is normal. The last good weather was over three weeks ago.

Facts have become irrelevant in recent politics and people are not well informed enough nor care enough either. It seems society has become like the middle ages in the past 50 years and capitalism fueled by the soviet's fall has made things worse due to opportunism. It's only a matter of times before something happens. A lot is going on these days... anything could suddenly take the stage.

Anyhow, got around to watch Batwoman. At first I didn't quite like the costume but the final "classic" version is good. Laughing Also the actress for Alice/Beth, I keep mistaking her for winona ryder. I think she's fun here. I kind of like how things develop (for now).

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/13/2019, 3:09 pm

Not feeling well right now. Been throwing up off and on since 9:15 yesterday. My one sister thinks it might be stress related as everything happening so fast with our dad's death and funeral and memorial service.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/14/2019, 5:59 am

I dunno, but sounds reasonable. Still you gotta be careful. There's always the possibility of food poisoning.
    Apropos, my mother has been graving for sugar recently. She says nothing taste good without it. I'm not sure what to think. Maybe you know more about this issue with elder people.

I've been tidying and clean or more like throwing stuff away; some donated. It's a bit chaotic still. Even though, I always keep things to a minimum and only purchase the necessities in order to stay mobile. I still end up with tonnes of stuff. I'm definitely not a consumerist but it's just unavoidable.

Anyhow, I think this winter might be another cold one. It seems a bit colder to me.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/15/2019, 2:00 pm

Might be her taste buds are changing is all I can think of.

Seems that me and my mom weren't the only ones to come down with whatever it is, a lot of other people who were at the memorial service for my dad have also come down with it. My best guess now is it maybe some variant of the stomach flu that is going round.

Ordering RWBY Official Anthology Manga #2(Weiss) and #4(Yang) along with the manga.
    Next month for Christmas plan on ordering Those Who Hunt Elves. Then after that I think I'll
    order maybe once every other month or so.
    I still need to see how much room I have when I get the rest of my anime collection back in DVD cases.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 7:29 pm