Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Random Thought Empty Random Thought

Post by Almael 6/19/2017, 4:15 pm

Perhaps but a lot is fishy about this incident. My condolences to the families. It's too sad to go this way. And note the damage is nearly exactly the same as another destroyer of the same class a few years back.
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/slideshows/infrastructure/guided-missile-destroyer-uss-porter-ddg-78-damaged-after-a-collision/an-oil-tanker-collided-with-a-us-navy-ship/slideshow/15465140.cms

Car racing is popular these days. Don't walk at night!

Paris17 has opened
    Macron came with the Airbus A400M. An obvious advertisement move.
    The F-35's first air show wasn't much 3 loops and two simple maneuvers, a few curvings. Obviously they feared to mess up now that selling negotiations are underway worth 35 billions. And not as agile as an F-16 air show. Definitely slower by about 50%.

Anyway, Brexit talks are underway and it seems the public wants May gone with recent events and past political decisions. She probably won't stay long Prime Ministers either way.

Now that Qatar had signed the billion selling of F15s it seem we won't forward support them any more in their ... isolation.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17867
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 6/21/2017, 1:01 pm

It's officially Summer too which means probably a lot more of it going on now that kids are out of school.

Looks like Macron wants to replace May as the face of the Euro block now that Brexit is finally in play and her popularity is low.
    Then again as I noted before, the man definitely as a Napoleonic complex.

Yeah, the Tories barely kept their seat in power. UK came too close to having Jeremy Corbyn as
    PM.
    I agree the handwriting seems to be on the wall for May.
    The Tories need to re-think a lot of things if they want to continue leading the UK.

Supposedly BGC,Tokyo 2040 finally came today but they haven't gotten around to sorting it yet, so have to go back after 10 some time to check on it or wait until tommorrow.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/22/2017, 10:52 pm

7/4 soon! Very Happy
    Steam summer sales is on and ends the day after! Check them out on youtube first before purchasing. I think those early access games are most worthy but some risk is involved.

Yeah, Macron's a rising star right now. Things will get clearer once he has all his cabinet up.

http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2017/06/Airbus-Helicopters-reveals-Racer-high-speed-demonstrator-configuration.html
    With those turpoprops so close to the body seems dangerous when baording or exiting.

Colbert show talking about the new Ken doll and Joda among others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRBgdmiNapI
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/23/2017, 1:15 pm

A week from Tuesday to be more precise.

The big thing here is the rodeo is in town for the weekend this week. I think tommorrow they
    have a parade IIRC.
    Sunday they have church in the park where a lot of the area churches combine worship and then have a potluck....if the weather is good.

While what are they going to use it for exactly?
    From the image it kinda looks like ferrying tourists around.

Sooo....California has a ban on traveling to states like Texas and Kentucky that don't approve of
    LGBT agenda. Exactly how do you prevent citizens of one state from freely traveling to another state?
    Also hint to Dems who want to win:Keep away from Alyssa Milano...she's like a jinx so far!
    (Maybe Shannen Doherty's character should have permanently turned her character into a cat
    or something on Charmed Laughing )
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/24/2017, 4:32 pm

You got lots of events there.

I think the helicopter is aimed at business executives and rich people who don't want to use cars. These days it has become the norm for them including delivering kids to their school etc.
    Although, speed is essential to rescue services I doubt this configuration will get them on. Just too dangerous in the middle of disaster with people running around all over the place. Or lie the coast guard a wind gush could get someone cut up while hoisting them up. The "new" Boeing/Siorsky concept with pushing propeller on the tail toward the back is "safer". Although, professionals got killed by ordinary tail propeller.

I think it's just a declaration for the record. They can't enforce it onto anybody but public service members or state government employees.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/26/2017, 2:00 pm

And the list continues to grow. Breitbart pointed out today that means that schools like UCLA wouldn't be able to take part in the NCAA Final Four Tournament or Bowl games like the Alamo Bowl since they
    take part in states that are in the travel ban. Ironically since USC isn't a state school it's not under
    the ban.

The Spokesman Review at a story about Kevin Durant dropping by at Hoopfest in downtown
    Spokane. He said a few words about 3 on 3 basketball and how it reminded him of his own roots.
    Also wished that Seattle would get an NBA team again soon.
    Not the first time he's said it either; when he was still with OKC and attended a 3 on 3 tourney
    in the Seattle area he mentioned the same thing.
    I think just about everyone in the NBA except some of the owners wants a team in Seattle again
    now.

Speaking of NBA a grandson of one of the men who went to our church (he died awhile back)
    got a free agent contract with the Brooklyn Nets.It's a 2 way deal that includes their minor league
    team in Long Island.
    Too bad his grandfather wasn't alive to see it though.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/28/2017, 1:29 pm

Welp just as I said I went out and did a comic book buying binge now that my jury duty time is officially over. It was two months starting April 26 and running until June 26. Fortunately I never did get a call up.So now I can relax! Very Happy
    (Unless someone at the court house miscalculated and they meant 3 instead of 2 but I don't think so
    as the usual would be 1 or 2 months.)
    Anywho back to my comic book binge buying yesterday: picked up mostly Marvel except for
    #311 of Legion of Superheroes.
    The others were:
    West Coast Avengers#6 & #8
    Elektra Book #2 (Frank Miller 1984 mini-series)
    Incredible Hulk# 383 & #384
    Fantastic Four #277,#295 & #297

This was the first time I ever bought any Hulk, though I do have copies of Marvel's Super Heroes Special of 1990 and The Best of Marvel '95 both of which contain Hulk stories.

I also left my name with the owners of the second hand store where I bought the comics along with a list of comics I was most interested in acquiring.

btw: being a person that is always thinking of the unlikely event such as a natural disaster happening and loosing everything I have decided if I ever had to restart all over again I would
    probably make my comic collection all Marvel: if I ever lost everything and had to restart all over from scratch again. I also made the decision if I ever lost my anime collection I would re-start
    with Sentai and Section 23 and Nozomi and Discotek before getting into Viz and Funi.

Need to have a plan even if disaster doesn't strike just in case.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/30/2017, 1:53 pm

Happy fourth of July weekend everyone!

old joke: do they have the fourth of July in England?
    Answer: yes, they do. And they have the fifth of July as well! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/1/2017, 7:14 am

lol

If you do worry about disaster, the first thing should be to survive it. I guess an ordinary one isn't such a problem while an extraordinary ...you probably don't have to bother. So yeah deciding on rebuilding anything is a good start. I guess I would start with some OST to lighten up the mood etc.

And yeah Steam summer sales will end 5th July. I recommend Kerbal Space Program, worth every cent, but you need some patience, a bit of tenacity and nerdiness.

And now 5 min comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3OQJwmgBgI
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/3/2017, 1:49 pm

I'm sending in my order for School Live! after the Fourth is over. Cute girls, cute puppies and
    Zombies...what could be wrong about that? Laughing
    August I'm going with Himouto! Umaru-chan and then in September Monster Musume.
    I will end it with Rin-Ne in October just to have another Rumiko Takahashi title in the collection.
    Though really if you think about it Rin-Ne is basically Inuyasha given a face lift.
    After that I want to get Martian Successor Nadeisco and end the year with seasons 1 and 4 of
    RWBY.
    That is the plan for the time being but we shall see what happens.

Next year I think I want to go more with older titles and probably will be spending more on
    Nozomi and Discotek titles. I also need to think of completing series like Aria and
    Revolutionary Girl Utena if I can. But again we shall have to see what happens.

btw: I saw a special on the weather channel on Twisters on Saturday night. Very interesting.
    One thing they discovered was that if you keep your windows and doors open during a tornado
    you are more likely to have your house fall down around you faster because it acts as a wind tunnel.
    Also don't try to hide under an overpass,again the windtunnel effect. Instead they say you should
    try go find a ditch or other low lying ground and stay down as low as possible. Sure you will end up
    getting dirty but at least you have a better chance of survival in the ditch.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/5/2017, 2:06 pm

Since next week is the finale of Akame ga Kill I thought some review of how everyone died thus far:
    1.Sheele, crushed to death by Koro and Seryu.
    2.Bulat, poisoned by his former commander.
    3.Chelsea, hacked to death by Korume's Dolls.
    4.Lubbock, after defeating Honest's son falls to his death by impaling.
    5.Bols, stabbed by Chelsea minutes before she meets her own demise.
    6.Seryu, killed by Mine in revenge for Sheele's death.
    7.Susanoo killed by Esdeath,though she gives him the honor of telling him he dies like a warrior instead of a tool.
    According to what I have read at the wiki this means the only ones left to bite the dust are:
    Leone, Honest, the Emperor and our beloved little psychopath not named Kurome or Seryu:
    Esdeath!
    Looking forward to the final battle between Esdeath and Akame.too bad one has to die.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/7/2017, 3:28 pm

Happy Birthday to Richard Starkey!
    And for anyone who doesn't know who I am talking about, he played in a band back in day with a
    group of guys called: John, Paul and George (wonder if they made any good? Laughing )

Well it could be worse this could be Pete Best's birthday.

So time to crank up the old CD player and listen to Octupus' Garden with
    A Little Help From My Friends (although the Joe Corker version is said to be the definitive one,
    also it's the one they used on The Wonder Years...Was that Fred or Ben Savage?
    I get them confused because one had Winnie on The Wonder Years and the other had
    Topanga onBoy Meets World. The Savage brothers characters certainly went for girls with odd names!)
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11610
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart 7/8/2017, 3:18 am

I can't believe this site still exists!

I feel so damn nostalgic now.
    Lt Light Ark
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts : 4
    Imperial Credits : 5044
    Registration date : 2017-06-03

Random Thought Empty Crossover fic idea

Post by Lt Light Ark 7/9/2017, 10:39 am

What if the Abh, the universe of Seikai No Senki meets the Dune universe, they living in the same galaxy, like, after a United Mankind ship flies adrift, they meet the Imperium.

Soon after, they would obviously, before eventual war because Abhs are artificial and the Abh's rentless thirst for conquest, the Imperium would send up emissaries, between then some Bene Gesserit Acolytes...

I do imagine, Empress Ramaj stating that the Abh doesn't believe in ethics or morality and the Bene Gesserit using the Voice to get a Treaty and Technology...

And the plain different tech/magic from Dune causing problems, they wouldn't win but unless the Abh are willing to deal with the Bene Gesserit and the factions in Dune verse using mass genocide of everyone there...they would just need to deal with then...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/9/2017, 4:19 pm

Welcome back.

Interesting.
    Well, this all only applies with the original Dune novel not the later with Paul's descendants, God Emperors, the Bene Gesserit sisterhood wars etc.
    That said the Abh have no interest in the Imperium because the Imperium has FTL technology.
    However, the Abh won't allow the Imperium's ships to venture into their space. This is where conflict arise. Adding to that if Dune is within Abh territory, the Imperium will invate and it will be war.
    The Bene Gesserit will likely try to infiltrate and take control via politics and personal influence. Their voice may or may not work well with the Abh. The Abh's alpha is a sensory device any attempt by the Bene Gesserit could be discovered easily. So I think the Bene Gesserit will have a hard time dealing/negotiating with the Abh.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/10/2017, 3:27 pm

tanis1lionheart wrote:I can't believe this site still exists!

I feel so damn nostalgic now.

Well, we have been prodding along the best we can. It's nice to see you back. Very Happy

Lt Light Ark
    Recruite
    Recruite

Number of posts : 4
    Imperial Credits : 5044
    Registration date : 2017-06-03

Post by Lt Light Ark 7/12/2017, 9:46 am

Almael wrote:Welcome back.

Interesting.
    Well, this all only applies with the original Dune novel not the later with Paul's descendants, God Emperors, the Bene Gesserit sisterhood wars etc.
    That said the Abh have no interest in the Imperium because the Imperium has FTL technology.
    However, the Abh won't allow the Imperium's ships to venture into their space. This is where conflict arise. Adding to that if Dune is within Abh territory, the Imperium will invate and it will be war.
    The Bene Gesserit will likely try to infiltrate and take control via politics and personal influence. Their voice may or may not work well with the Abh. The Abh's alpha is a sensory device any attempt by the Bene Gesserit could be discovered easily. So I think the Bene Gesserit will have a hard time dealing/negotiating with the Abh.

And when we do know that the voice is mainly a modulation of voice to make people to accept whatever you do say, I never thought about Leto Atreides II being a thing, mainly because he is...totally out of context for the Abh, for humanity as a whole in Seikai, he would only care about abhs if they meant something into his Golden Path (What would be as they only allow space travel under their guidance), but it would be a stomp, because Abhs could deal with the Imperium, with Bene Gesserit, with everyone, but they couldn't really deal well with Leto because no matter the tactics they would employ, he already knows, so he can take a counter measure against that.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/12/2017, 1:27 pm

Leto II was Paul's son right? I have only read (IIRC) the original novel a long time ago, and maybe
    one of the others so vague about the Atreides family tree here. All I know about Dune
    is that it was basically A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones before ASoIaF/GoTs a thing.
    Any ways, it does sound rather interesting although I wonder how many people would be as familiar with the ins and outs of the Dune saga to be able to get all that you are trying to get at.
    Well any way good luck with it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/13/2017, 4:26 am

Yeah, Paul and his descendants are gods who would spoil the "game".
    Of this I still think the cat and mouse or intrigues by the Bene Gesserit would be most interesting. Although, I do think most Abh are ignorant of such ploy or plays but some nobles like Spoor are a different matter. This would make some good story.

Right, Dune has too become too big. To know everything either you are a hardcore fan or the author himself. Well, this applies to most universes these days.

-----------
    Gosh Photobucket and their "blackmailing", well, I'm definitely moving the "3rd party linking" images for good. Leaving only those meant as backup and redundancy. Wonder how long photobucket will survive. Looks like they disabled folder downloads making it harder to move stuff. Album download is till there...
    Video interaction will not interrupt your download.
    If you don't want to stick around, we'll send an email to xxx when it's ready.
    Wth. Ok this will take some time for me to have it all arranged.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/14/2017, 1:23 pm

Well at least Spoor enjoys herself.

Photobucket still around?

I'm actually surprised. So many of these websites have come and gone that it's hard to keep track.

Welp, the week after I sent in my order for School LiveRightstuf did one of their mega deals
    with it,so I suppose I might have to wait a but longer than usual.

We have a special election here because our State Senator got a job in the Trump admin.,so now
    we have to vote to replace him in Olympia and also the State Rep. who got selected to temporarily
    replace him in the State Senate.

Finally: someone needs to do a gif of Vizzini from The Princess Bride morphing into
    Grand Nagus Zek from DS9 while saying: "inconceivable!" Laughing Laughing Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/14/2017, 3:24 pm

Update: I found the confirmation for School Live! just now, so looks like I'll not have to wait
    after all! Very Happy
    Though weirdly our e-mail has a tendency now to send such things into the 'junk mail' folder which is where I found it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/15/2017, 7:13 pm

Yeah, Photobucket lasted for 14 years. But this move has angered people. I'm not saying they are wrong in charging money but they should charge it onto the sites that benefitting from it. A little charge will be enough, the sum will be quite huge, most likely more than charging members only.

I guess the email had ads or so.

Anyway, surfing youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2DKhtGXr0o
    Someone made a thorough investigation. Nicely done.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/17/2017, 1:41 pm

That was interesting since I also thought there were some similarities between Outlaw Star
    and Blakes7 myself.

And now the 13th Doctor will be a woman! Rolling Eyes
    Jodie Whittaker from the series Broadchurch is slated to replace Peter Capaldi.
    This could go either way.
    It may actually work or it may blow up in the BBC's collective faces.
    The main problem I see is explaining the sudden sex change. Also get ready for all the lesbian
    rumor/jokes about the 13th Doctor and her female companions that are obviously going to come.

tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11610
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart 7/17/2017, 11:33 pm

Whatever happened to that 'movie' to the Tenchi Site?

O_o
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/18/2017, 7:25 am

TenchiForum is gone. Sad
    http://tenchiforum.com/universe/adieu-tenchi-muyo/
    That was quite a while ago.
    OVA4 continues now at episode 3. I'ven't watched it, though.

Yeah, I wonder about her. Don't know much so it will be surprise for sure. It's 13th!!! They must have thought something by that number.

I'm still quite busy these days and too tired at the end of day. I hope it will be better in a few months.

-----------
    Germany puts submarine sales to israel on ice.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4990857,00.html
    Not surprising especially with the pressure from certain countries and besides isreal doesn't really need subs other than as a detergent against blockades.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/ivanka-trump-overseas/?utm_term=.112b323aea4d
    Another revelation on trump products. Not really surprising.

New videos and maps on Pluto
    http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/News-Center/News-Article.php?page=20170714

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:17 pm