Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4205
    Imperial Credits : 17901
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 40 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 2/3/2023, 4:28 pm

And now Hunter's lawyers are back stepping their threatened lawsuit against everyone who has ever been around the laptop. Kinda busted him when they admitted it was his and so the deeper they go the deeper they dig the hole for both Hunter and The Big Guy (tm).

Trump's being Trump.

It is scary thinking that there might be another Chinese spy balloon overhead somewhere in my neck of the woods. After all Fairchild AFB is in Spokane and they're responsible for all the refueling flights.
    So wouldn't put it pass the CCP to have another spy balloon floating overhead in Eastern Washington like they had in Montana.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19006
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 2/4/2023, 10:03 pm

The balloon is nothing new. In fact, the chinese have them flying all over the world all the time.
    This revelation looks like a political move to shut them up as they have been voicing all kinds of things in the past weeks.
    So they can be called out without referring to or touching on the geopolitical issues at hand. Smart!
    So the chinese embassador was called for a meeting.
    Also the balloon has been shot down by a force of seemingly 8 aircraft. Nice show of force for the public.

Now that the Ukraine gets GLSDB rockets it has become very possible to take back Crimea. Currently, I project the end of the War sometime in 2024 at the earliest. Anyhow, I expect the russian to deploy 500k troops so the Ukraine will likely wait to fend them off first before starting their own offensive. It takes months anyway to get most of the ready German tanks and up to 1 year to get the ones in storage and M1 Abrams.
    The NATO supply rampup is massive and as expected at this point. Russia is unable to escalate anyway so there's no reason hold back. The only reason politics is keeping saying it is to maintain a way out. Putin can only use nukes and we know he won't. Imho peace talks will only prolong the war and in the worse case will ruin the Ukraine the same as SouthVietnam. I'm certain Trump will make that case happen.

So I watched "The Ark" show.
    Colony ship on the way to Alpha Centauri experiences damage, crew wakes up etc...
    It's bad but my opinion differs from all the other commenters.
    I think the actors are good and perfectly fit the characters. It's just the characterization are so stereotypical that's been used to death. They also suffer from the so typical "well trained, experienced, smart" person that always end up being no different from a noob in the story. It's typically suffocating & dumb. These event problems should have been solved on the side and then having the real unsolvable problem come up. That would have been good.
    The set is semi-clean which is probably the reason many have a problem with the larger spaces. I like the well designed hall ways with hidden ladder and rails and with the automated roll-doors for the helmet storages. Lightning is so-so. I think the inflatable dome storage room might have been donated by a certain company that was making those for space use (17 years ago...
    Ship design is ordinary junktech level that is typical for most near future sci-fi shows so I don't get people's bias here.
    Story wise, the order of crew events/action is just downright dumb. The crew has 0 chance of survival regardless of when or what they do. It's in their nature to die.
    I don't know how many times I paused it and wandered off and restarted again... it's that bad.
    The preview for episode 2 looks interesting...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/5/2023, 3:43 pm

War with China in 2025+

This has been circulating for ~a week but nothing new.
    In fact I said the same ~1+ year ago on discord because there's been tons of writing on the wall for a good decade.
    The most "recent" indication was the x-time call(s over the years) to change out western computer hardware by 2024.
    There've been other statements pointing to that time. More importantly projected military readiness also falls into that time frame. Before covid19, originally, economic wealth and progress set the time around now but military was not ready until ~2030, around the same time the increased birthrate due to no-longer-one-child-policy would result in more soldiers available.... So 2025/26 being the earliest possible time to invade Taiwan isn't really a secret nor are the plans and targets.
    Currently, since covid19 Chinese economy has suffered from the lockdowns, de-globablization, sanctions, estate market "crash" due to changing laws, etc. Further sanction and US interest rate/currency value change in 2023 will further impact their economy. So it's suicidal for an economic mind to start a war now or even in the future. But that's not how the CCP thinks so invading Taiwan is pretty much a given.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/6/2023, 1:57 pm

I think another problem with CCP invading Taiwan now is everyone expects it to happen sooner than later. After Russia invading Ukraine it became obvious what was on China's mind or rather has been on Xi's mind since even before his "re-election". Taiwan after Hong Kong's rights were taken away, became the last vestige of Free China and the CCP and especially Xi, who apparently wants to be the next Mao,
    can't be having that.

I think we should be more worried about China buying up American land and food companies like Smithfield. Also why is Gates buying up so much farmland?

When an enemy country starts buying up arable acreage it should make people stop and think. And then also when a non-farmer who has no known family record of farming or interest in agriculture starts buying up land as well....

I don't think I've heard of The Ark before, so that was news to me.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/6/2023, 2:20 pm

yep, imho Taiwan won't but as much trouble for China, because it's unlikely they will get as much help as the Ukraine.
    One they are a "small" island in the enemy's firing range and far away from large territories.
    The more concerning issue is the use of nukes. Frankly speaking, the west won't have qualms using nukes.

Nh, I'm not concerned about them buying up anything that's not related to technology. The important ones are companies that do have machinery they can ship back home. Anything, they own on American soil can be taken away whenever we feel like it. So it's a good thing to get our hands on their money. Therefore, the reverse is much more troubling to us. The factories in China are the regrettable investments.

I already talked about this on discord and in the past. Bill Gates and co are smart. In fact, this has been happening all over the world even before the Ukraine war. The powers that be foresaw the global warming issue. As I said a long time ago we have long moved from water issue toward soil issues. Global change has caused more heavy rain yet less water which causes landslides and soil washed away. Rising seas further reduce land. So (good) land will become the gold. Now, leasing farmland has always been lucrative and with this land owners will have virtually an infinite source of money, food and power.

Now switzerland is fully taking sides. A while ago they approved export of their ammo to the Ukraine and this weekend they ran a story on the Russian patriarch formerly being KGB working in Switzerland.
    https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/priester-spion-propagandist-das-geheime-leben-des-moskauer-kirchenfuersten-in-der-schweiz-566103963787
    This is unusual because the power that be don't talk about anything that would touch on Switzerland, as it's usually their retirement plan.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/8/2023, 1:58 pm

I don't think the farm issue would be so bad if the Chinese were intent on selling the food directly to the American people first before sending it back to China. There's also the problem with the fact that it appears at least the land in ND is located near an American military base.

Basically I tend to be more pro-family farm and small family ranches and against big agriculture. When you are raised on a farm or small ranch you tend to learn to take care of nature more than if you're working on a big corporate or state farm. Mainly because you know sooner or later it'll be passed on down to you.

Didn't watch the SOTU but watched Governor Huckabee Sanders' response. I agree with everybody who says she nailed it. If not a possible '24 VP spot for either Trump or whoever else might be the GOP nominee, then certainly a possible '28 spot.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/10/2023, 1:56 pm

I watched the finale of Hell's Kitchen yesterday on FOX. What I was hoping for happened: Alex, the remaining 40 years old beat out Dafne the remaining 20 years old. If anything he most certainly was the one contestant that deserved to win, considering all he went through. The man breaks down and cries for joy after opening the door.
    He also was one of the classiest contestants they ever had, as was Dafne. They were seen congraduating each other at the end.
    This, despite a lot of faults along the way, was probably one of the best seasons I think I have ever seen.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/13/2023, 1:40 pm

I was hoping for a Eagles win yesterday to be totally and bluntly honest. It was a good game though until the fourth quarter. I still think Mahomes is overrated.

Looks like the final(?) Indiana Jones film is coming out. Also The Flash looks like it could be fun as well. At least it got Bats and of course the line: " I'm Batman!" Random Thought - Page 40 1f60a cheers cheers

Looks like they're doing the Flashpoint arc.

We're somewhere between Winter and Spring right now. Near 40 above so we might get more rain in the works.

Re-reading the Star Trek novel Crossroad, so far the only one I ever come across where ou need to be familiar with Lovecraftian style horror. There's even a creature called a yaggorth.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/15/2023, 1:40 pm

Today is my oldest sister's birthday.

Next Tuesday I start the dub of Momo, Girl God of Death: The Ballad of a Shinigami, to give it its
    full title.

Now they're saying the four other objects shot down might have been either privately owned or used for research. Sounds like someone was being a bit too trigger happy to make up for not shooting down that Chinese spy balloon earlier.

I just hope it didn't belong either to the Klingons or the Borg! Random Thought - Page 40 1f613

But seriously.....It got back down to around 18 or 19 above today and right now it's around 20 above.

No surprise that there is talk now about trouble developing along the Northern border as well. No surprise, since where did they think all those people that couldn't get in through the Southern border were going to go? It's a no brainer that they would try coming through Canada or Canadia as they say in Bidenland, once Mexico became impossible to use as a stopping off point.
    Also even Canada doesn't want them.....
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/17/2023, 4:27 pm

I found pictures of my 2x great grandparents Wednesday at Find-A-Grave. My paternal grandpa's paternal grandparents.
    I'm always excited when I find something like that since I'm always interested in what people actually looked like.

So reading Tolkien is a pathway to Right Wing Extremism now?
    Looks like they're getting tired of targeting Rowling and now are looking for another author to attack.

And speaking of J.K. Rowling: saw a ad for Hogwarts Legacy yesterday. I think it was during
    Next Level Chef.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/18/2023, 6:13 pm

Congrats!

Got to be really old graves at old cemeteries. Most new modern one especially in cities have a limited "rent time" before being reused for someone else.

As for Tolkien... well it's from colonial times so there is (typical british) racism and nationalism. Facism extreme level is in the newer TV series but I wouldn't say it's in the original main novel's writing.

ST Picard Season3 has started!
    Looks good. There are a few details that are off.
    And the Beverly Crusher surprise(!) ... I think they just stole the idea to have more depth. I don't feel it's fitting.
    There's also Seven of 9. If both were to change places that might have been better character wise... But I do understand they needed the connection to get Picard involved. (waiting for her to tell them/him).
    This time around they have the USS Titan... upgraded to Neo-Constitution class. Shocked I never really like the kiddy design but this... Rolling Eyes

And so another friendly warning:

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/20/2023, 4:21 pm

I've only seen Season 1 so far. Sounds like this will be it as far as Picard is concerned, probably has to do with Patrick Stewart's age. From what I read it seems they brought just about everyone back from STNG. Wonder if Q will end up popping up one last time.

Actually my 2x great grandparents are buried in the cemetery of the church where the family had been members for generations. Some other relatives and ancestors are buried in private cemeteries. One of my great grandfather's older brothers is buried near Fredericksburg, Virginia as he was in the Confederate army during the 1864 Battle of the Wilderness and was KIA.

The row about Rowling certainly hasn't hurt her brand any. It's one of those things where the controversy seems actually to help.

Finally: read at FOX News where Patricia Heaton tweeted about Lemon's remarks about women over
    40 and asked women reading her tweet to respond with what they've accomplished post 40. She started with a bunch of stuff she's been doing lately (she's 64!...so eat dirt Don Lemon!!!! Razz Razz Razz )
    He must not have had sisters or he wouldn't have said one of the most stupid things anyone has ever said on cable news.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/22/2023, 1:38 pm

Wind chill today. It snowed and was windy yesterday, so back to shoveling. Fortunately it wasn't as bad as it sounds, there wasn't that much snow (keep fingers crossed). Next week I think I will order
    Vampire Hunter D and the tv special of Lupin The Third vs. Detective Conan since I already have the movie. Also need suggestions for other possible Lupins.

Yesterday night on Finding Your Roots one of the guests was Angela Davis, so I skipped and watched Disney XD instead.

Now they're talking about problems on the Northern Border as well...gee...I wonder who would have thunk about that ever happening? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Razz Razz Razz Razz
    It wasn't hard to see that coming after the debacle with the Southern Border began.

And it was in 2000 that because of tightened border security they were able to catch the Millennial Bomber. Guess he should have waited twenty three years...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/24/2023, 4:23 pm

After reading about Dr. Gates revealing to Angela Davis that she had not one but two white grandfathers, I wish I had watched Finding Your Roots on Tuesday just to see her reaction.
    Then again there's always the reruns.
    He also revealed that she was descended from Pilgrim leader William Brewster as well as at least one of her ancestors was a slaveowner!!!!
    Or as the joke on the Right goes: " Does that mean she has to pay reparations to herself now?" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So the Biden people are still trying to pin the blame on the East Palestine train derailment on Trump.
    Except for that one who had the sense to point out that that regulation that the Left keeps pointing to doesn't count since it was the wrong type of train and so didn't fall into the category the rule was made for.

Also why is the Left having kittens over Nikki Haley using her middle name? A lot of people use their middle instead of first names. For example both Presidents Wilson and Coolidge went by their middle instead of first names.
    And yeah, I know it's more about her some how "denying her heritage (tm)", but she has consisted said that Nikki is an Indian name so I don't see how she could denying her heritage.
    Any hows...haters are going to always find something to hate...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/27/2023, 1:53 pm

My view of Seiryu in Akame Ga Kill is probably the unpopular and maybe even by some considered rather "heretical" but is based on the anime and not the manga. Maybe the manga version is different, IDK.

Re-reading The Silver Chalice, Thomas B. Costain's novel about the Holy Grail and the Greek artist who created the framework for it.

More and more people it seems are realizing that the Ukraine War has become a bottomless money pit and the only people it's helping are the Ukrainian oligarchs like Zelensky who now seems to be even worse than Putin.
    Also some how the ethnic Russians of Crimea and the Donbas seem to have become the forgotten people of the war. Not much coverage of what they're going through.

History Channel's The Food That Made America and The Toys That Made America are much watched tv.

There are so many streaming services today that if I decided to go that route I don't know which to choose.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/1/2023, 2:06 pm

Got my birthday present ordered for myself: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and Lupin The Third Vs. Detective Conan: The Tv Special. I was going to order the original Vampire Hunter D but that cost too much and anyhows from what I hear, Bloodlust is supposedly better than the original.

It snowed a lot yesterday so was outside about once every half hour or so to start with. I think I have it down so it takes only ten minutes to do the drive way now. Basically it's about gravity, if I shovel starting at the garage doors down to the street it's easier to do.

We're supposed to get more snow though this week or weekend so there is that.

I bet if there were actual Vulcans that Biden would be going around saying he was raised in a neighborhood of Black Hispanic Puerto Rican Jewish Vulcans! lol! lol! lol!

-------
    Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
    https://kinofthestars.catsboard.com/t252-random-thought

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 3:42 pm