Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17933
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 8/26/2019, 1:42 pm

Dark Phoenix bombed. Seems like the non-MCU Marvel movies have a tendency to do that unless they have Spider-man in the title.

So Inlsee's out for President, that's the good news. The bad news is he plans on running for Governor for a third term... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/28/2019, 1:20 pm

Read on The Babylon Bee a story about how hard it is to tell real from fake news stories these days. Then went to Red State and sadly even though the Babylon Bee story was satire it was also all still too true.

So CNN is going to have a 7 hour Town Hall on Global Warning with each of the remaining Democratic Candidates. My thoughts are more people would prefer to have root canal than sit through watching it.

Who'd've thought that on Mster Chef Season 10, Subha of all people would actually win a challenge and not just any challenge but the challenge where the winner gets their recipe in Family Circle magazine? Definitely the Dark Horse to win now.

Though my fantasy when it comes to Master Chef would be to have the Final Four appear on
    Guy's Grocery Games on Food Network for the finale. Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Yeah, Gordon Ramsey and Guy Fieri in the same show together... affraid affraid affraid

Read up on DC's Batman Who Laughs yesterday. So basically a Batman from an alternate Earth gets Jokerfied and starts Jokerfying all the heroes in other alternate Earths. Batman Prime manages to stop him and put reality back together because he does the one thing the Laughing Batman never thought any version of Batman would do: he teams up with Joker Prime!
    And I thought the whole Hydra Captain America was insane! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/30/2019, 1:47 pm

Been waiting to go to the dump today. If not then will have to think about next week.

Glad I watched The Monkees Sunday as it featured Pat Paulsen. Interesting his campaigns for President actually got serious after awhile. I think he'd own everyone in the Democrat field if he were alive today. Then again he could be deadpan funny with out trying.

I don't know but is it possible for Tweets to get nominated for the Pulitzer Price for Humor? Everything that AOC tweets is either comedy gold or painfully put-your-foot-in-your-mouth stuff.
    If Trump really wants Greenland so bad(which I think is really a joke he's having at the Danes expense)then how about throwing in AOC and the rest of her squad for free in exchange for a hockey player to be named later.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19028
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 8/31/2019, 5:00 am

Been busy and somehow haven't gotten around doing many things as I would have normally. Anyhow, the wiki spamming has return en force. Right now I see a dozen... So here goes my attention.

I've also been busy repairing a few stuff around home, like the broken water boiler. It's probably the switch or the connector. That aside there are some other problems like calcium residue. The water here has a lot of it. The days went by just taking care of these random things.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/2/2019, 1:20 pm

A lot of calcium in the water where you are?

Yeah, broken water boilers can be a pain, in the end it seems you always need to get a plumber or some one else who knows how to fix it. Supposedly you have to drain it once a year or so IIRC so you don't get that sort of trouble.

Spam... looks like the little buggers have free time on their hands again.

After Monday I was trying to remember the name of the game that spun off Nanoha it was
    Triangle Hearts. So basically her brother is one of the main male characters in the game and her sister was also a main character, only in the game she's a cousin and not a member of the immediate family.

Re-reading Dark Lord of Derkholm.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/4/2019, 1:16 pm

Finished my re-read. Fun take on the whole quest Fantasy genre.

Mowed the lawn today.

Now I highly doubt we will ever see Brexit as the Conservatives seem to be dragging their feet. Looks like Johnson is going to call for another election soon.

Anyone like me who has relatives in Ireland may have heard that the Irish have been skeptical of Brexit since the first since it affects trade and travel with the UK.

Technically it should be The United Kingdoms and not the United Kingdom because the full title is:
    The United Kingdoms of Scotland and England. They're supposed to be equals.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/5/2019, 6:23 am

The No-Deal-law has been passed and Brexit could be delayed to January, Even though, Johnson still aims for an October brexit. It's still all a buying time strategy imho. But people still have mixed feeling and divided opinion. It will be bad either ways for people. Anyhow, it can't be delayed much further as everyone else is also done with their own preparations

Dorian is now Cat 2. A lot of relief for my acquaintances/folks and some forum members. What puzzles me more is the debate about extending the Category scale. Seriously, it's a scale what is there to debate about? Ok, I understand insurance companies want to fix it for their own convenience.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/6/2019, 3:23 pm

I don't think anyone who lives in the hurricane's path is going to do much worrying about whether or not they should add to the categories.

I was reading up on the 13 must read DC comic books and there was a comment by the writer of the list when he came to the first edition of Kirby's Fourth World that introduced the New Gods and Darkseid. Evidently Kirby jumped ship from Marvel to DC because Stan Lee was hogging all the creator credits and accolades. Don't know how true that is but probably not unusual a situation.

Bad news today: my uncle in New Jersey may have lung cancer. My aunt just e-mailed my mom about it today.

Haven't heard from Rightstuf yet about my most recent order. Figure that's because they must be bogged down with orders from before Labor Day. That's why I tend not to try to order during Holidays. Still if I don't hear from them by midweek I think I might e-mail them about it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/8/2019, 4:42 am

Kirby... I dunno, but it doesn't sound too outlandish and seeing how Stan does appear everywhere.

That's bad. Having any organ type cancer is probably the worse. Well, there aren't many other kinds... that are good. I hope he can overcome the situation/emotion and get back in control. Anything else would be sad and frankly a waste of your remaining time at worse. I wish him luck in a possible recovery or alike operation. Chances are high since you got two lungs and not die off right away as with some other organs

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/9/2019, 2:51 pm

Welp he seems to be doing a bit better but my aunt says the hospital food is aweful so she's bringing in food from home.

Been to the dentist and they look to have new staff except for the receptionist and dentist. Also they now can take your x ray using digital so developing doesn't take as long.

I think Wednesday is when I will e-mail Rightstuf to see about my order. I still think the reason I haven't heard from them is because of the Labor Day weekend, lots of stuff probably piled up.

The RWBY Manga Anthology was fun so need to get Weiss and Yang next. I hope they can do some of the other teams but especially JNPR. I loved me a Pyrrha or Jaune one.

Latest ancient DNA seems to show that I got some that matches with 1800 BC Bronze Age Thames River.
    Still no Vulcan DNA.... Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (joking)

Watched the final half hour of Cimarron Strip yesterday on Heroes & Icons Tv, Mark "Sarek" Lenard guest starred as a settler who was in conflict with a powerful rancher. Always weird to see actors and actresses who are more familiar playing Vulcans and Klingons in more human roles.

Cimarron Strip itself only lasted one season for 23 episodes in 1967-68, main problem was at that time most Westerns not named either Bonanza or Gunsmoke were on their way out by then plus being 1 hour and a half grueling schedule for the actors. Though Stewart Whitman really does give James Arness a run for the money when it comes to playing an old west lawman.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/11/2019, 1:08 pm

The Koreans are against the Japanese using the Rising Sun flag at the Tokyo Olympics, which considering the history between the two countries I can understand. Since this is also the flag that was flown during the Pearl Harbor attack I think that America should be equally concerned.

In the end it is up to the Afghans whether or not the Taliban are part of peace talks.

Interesting stats:
    Bruce Bochy the Giants manager as of last game played was at 1995-2019 life time
    The Seattle Mariners as of last game played were at 1995-2019 since 1995. Source Pin Stripe Alley.
    (Yankees fan blog at Sbnation)
    Wonder how many W-L were when Pinella was managing the Ms.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/13/2019, 3:37 pm

Another sucky day with the internet and e-mail.

Lame= Elizabeth Warren trying to drink beer,Lamer= "Beto" trying to drum.

BTW was he named for RFK?

Got in contact with Rightstuf over my order and looks like I should hear that it's in the mail sooner or later.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/16/2019, 7:52 am

No idea.

Games of throne got 10 Emmies so far. It's overrated imho. (It seems 1/3 of news paper readers agree). But it does deserve for awards for its economic success. Quality wise it's not that outstanding though. But they certainly did invest a lot in the later half of the show. Mostly due to raised wages (it was bad before), filming around the world and the large city set at the end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/cpuea2/crunchyroll_is_making_big_changes_to_the_way_it/
    No wonder my streaming download quota suddenly is more than doubled. I honestly didn't mind the quality that much. Only some cases were really bad when they halved or even had less the usual size. Now it's simply overboard.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/16/2019, 2:06 pm

Seems Rightstuf is slower than usual. probably just the normal post-Labor Day stuff of having to fill a lot of orders. Did hear from them and got the invoice but haven't heard about the shipping yet. That part is out of their hands after it leaves the PO.

Yeah, a lot of hype.

Speaking of hype I see where SNL is hyping their new cast member simply because he's both Asian and gay.

Got new comics today. Very Happy

My brain feels like exploding from a migraine every time I read the illiterate and ill-informed views of history from both the Left and Right on the interwebs.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/18/2019, 1:17 pm

Got Ikki-tousen, Xtreme Xecutors and Ikki-tousen,Grand Guardians today but feel a bit embarrassed as I e-mailed Rightstuf before going to the PO since I didn't get a shipping confirmation this time around. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Comics bought this month:

1.Superman,The Man of Steel #20, Funeral for a Friend part of the Death and Life of Superman mini-series.
    2.World's FinestBook Ten
    3.Green Arrow #50
    4.Green Arrow #51
    5.Green Arrow #52....wonder if Ollie's stock is going to keep going up after the show's done.
    6.Moon Knight #43
    7.Ironman #307
    8.Elektra #1
    9.Elektra #2.....I'm still pissed Marvel canceled it before they could finish the whole deal with Nina.
    Also if I hadn't tossed what I had(which was the entire run)...ah...well...

Have you noticed how many younger celebs tend to use the F word a lot?
    Seems that some people can't get a simple sentence in without using the F word somewhere.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/20/2019, 2:34 pm

The Orville has switched to Hulu, so if you have Hulu...

Colt has decided to stop manufacturing AR15s for now since the market is already saturated, instead they will concentrate on manufacturing M16s for the military.

One thing I've always wonder about people who want DC Statehood...what would they call it?
    They can't call it Washington State because sorry that name's taken.

Which brings me back to the latest AOC looniness...apparently the woman has never read a civics or history book or taken a class. Now she calls anyone who disagrees with her about it "racist" but what else is new?

Also Yang...the invisible Presidential candidate...wants to have a sin tax on meat so we can get rid of all the farting cows and everyone will go vegan... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yessire these Dems make me miss Dukakis riding in the tank; at least compared to them that looked stupidly serious.

Also during Sunday's sermon about Joseph in Genesis I couldn't help but think of the famous Smothers Brothers "Mom Always Liked You Best" routine.

Just as a way of pointing out that even Pat Paulsen would have more gravitas then what we're getting today.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/23/2019, 1:59 pm

There is nothing more disconcerting then waking up in the morning with The Village People in your head.
    Specifically: YMCA and Macho Man. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mad Mad
    Although for some reason my mind changed the lyric of the latter to Macho Duck
    Macho, Macho, I need to be a Macho Duck...

Next Monday Doctor appointment... Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

So I see that Season 1 of Discovery is finally out on DVD/BD. Saw a copy in the library today.

Since everything seems to come out sooner or later these days comes out on DVD or BD, I wonder if it be worth it to one day simply cut the cable and wait for the video to come out.

Volume 6 of RWBY seems to be out now so I think I will order it with Volume 5 next month.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/25/2019, 1:11 pm

The Stupid Season has struck.
    It's obvious now that the Dems have no way of honestly defeating the President in an open election.
    So they're taking something he may not have said to the Ukrainian President and making it try to stick.
    Good luck with that! Razz Razz Razz Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Baseball playoffs are all but set now. The Twins magic number is now down to 2 wins or 2 Cleveland loses or both.

The Yankees,Astros, Braves, Cardinals and Dodgers have all clinched either a playoff berth or their respective divisions.

Funny thing happened in Iowa: after Senator Warren stopped by to drink some lemonade at a stand run by two girls the father of one of them suggested they give the money to a pro-Life group.

Our church choir is going to be sparse next month as a lot of people will be gone for at least part of the time.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/27/2019, 12:51 pm

Looks like an early Winter is upon us. Not even October and they're already talking about snow. Normal for Alaska though.

The Twins are now AL Central Champs one more time. cheers cheers cheers cheers

Now on to the Playoffs.

After Monday all my dental and medical appointments for the year are going to be done, unless something else comes up.

RWBY vol. 5 and 6 next month. How many more to go?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/30/2019, 4:14 pm

Does anyone really think having impeachment right in the middle of election cycle is a good idea? Mad Mad
    This is going to turn off more people from politics than anything else it's going to accomplish. Me. personally I refuse to vote for anyone who votes to waste our time with impeachment.
    Simply because such people cannot be trusted to run the country on a non-partisan basis and are obviously only wanting their own fame and glory. Also I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of those voting for impeachment have done far worse and more impeachable acts while in office.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/2/2019, 1:26 pm

Sora from Digimon Adventures is my new avatar for now. Took me awhile to decide though.

It was 20 degrees today when I woke up. Waiting it to get warmer before I do any more raking today.

New series on FOX tonight called Almost Family about a group of women who all use DNA testing and discover they're actually half sisters. The conceit is that their father was a fertility specialist who used his own sperm instead of the donors.

Twins/Yankees again in the playoffs.

Plan on ordering volumes 5 and 6 of RWBY next week.

Looks like Agents of SHIELD won't be out until next Summer some time from what I read.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/2/2019, 3:20 pm

Impeachment won't change a thing as long as the Senat is GOP ruled. It's only for the record at best.
    Trump will be re-elected, gets his golden statue and museum and the rest is history.
    He can do whatever he wants it won't get him fired. That's how robust and holy the office is.

Meanwhile China is no longer playing around the bushes and openly admits to its global ambitions.
    It wants to be a (ruling) superpower by 2049 (the party's 100th anniversary).
    Normally, I would say I doubt it but they can forge forward by force just like how hitler did regardless of economy. But ofc they learned from past mistakes and are better off technologically and better knowledge of things among others. So I think it's very realistic even from the timescale perspective. Next year they will start revamping/replacing all base technology. They could complete this phase in 10-15 years 20 for sure. Then it's just normal development/evolutionary cycles. But doesn't matter at this point since they would already have a foundation.

All eyes are now on Brexit and about whether Johnson has a plan or not.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/3/2019, 1:27 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed/2019/10/02/youve-got-365-days-to-get-a-new-different-better-id-if-you-want-to-board-a-flight-and-go-somewhere/
    Great, now I need another ID issued.

Along with other irl stuff I probably won't be online often. In a few weeks some major move is in order. I might end up having to go on hiatus for a while. I don't know and can't tell at this point how long it would be. It very well might be quite long as in half a year.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/4/2019, 1:17 pm

6 months then? Welp hopefully nothing too serious.

Got my results back from my doctor visit on Monday. Same old same old on the Trigycerlytes(sp?).

Read the transcript of the phone conversation between President Trump and the Ukraine President. Nothing there really. Main bone of contention seems to be the part about Hunter Biden.

The Dodgers run their first playoff game against the Nationals yesterday.

Twins and Yankees today but on MLB Network so will miss out.

And the problem here with IDs is that the only place you can get them is only open on Wednesdays for that purpose.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/7/2019, 2:13 pm

Vikings 28-Giants 10.

Thoughts on Batwoman, Supergirl and Star Wars:Resistance:

1.Batwoman, it would have been a good series if Gotham didn't exist, but it does and I have to measure everything on tv Bats related to it now since it has become the Gold Standard for all things Batman on tv now.I'm not saying Batwoman was bad but it could use a bit more world building early on and not dump us right in the middle like it seemed to do.Anyone who has read any of the comics knows off the bat (pun intended) that Mad Alice is Kate's sister, so the ending was no surprise with the reveal. Still wondering when they're going to have her in the red wig after all the promos of her wearing it. Also how are Bruce and Kate related? Will we get a family tree some time?
    Overall average Bat style adventure to start with. though Kate's sidekick looks to be knowing a lot more than he's telling.
    Also Mad Alice seems to be the main reason to have watched. Hope more of the same from oher villains. (Though it be fun if they could get Robin Lord Taylor to reprise Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot from Gotham)

2.Supergirl, soooo the theme of this season is apparently betrayal. Lena still thinks that Kara has betrayed her trust even though there's the moment where she does tell her she's Supergirl; Jonn learns at the end that the person who released Midnight was his own brother; James feels betrayed because they find out Lena sold Catco to her BFF from school days.
    Also Ms Rojas can do whatever she wants with Catco since she purchased it from Lena. Sorry James but that's the way things work in the corporate world..

3.Star Wars: Resistance The ending when Tam puts on the First Order helmet is pretty much a sign that she's beyond Kaz' help now has she avoids listening to his message. Also it was fun watching Kaz and the others try to fix the gravity and the communication array while fighting the First Order droid. I wonder since this is also the last season if they're working ultimately to a fight between Kaz and Tam?
    Megoo continues to be prime comedy gold.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 5:57 pm