Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17869
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought Empty Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 3/3/2023, 4:51 pm

I had trouble logging in today. I tried several times and it kept going back to an error page. Then I tried
    logging in at Duckduckgo but when I tried using the password it kept saying that I was logging in with either a wrong password or user name. Finally I re-booted and seems to be working now. Wonder what happened and why it wouldn't take my password before...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Random Thought Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 3/6/2023, 4:26 pm

Maybe I'm being too harsh on Esdeath's VA in the dub. I don't know, but so far it's hard to reconcile her with the beloved villainness from the original Japanese. Then again I guess I should give her a bit more
    time.

Coming home from the Post Office today I saw three robins. They seem to be early this year.

I was thinking of comparing Joe Biden to Colonel Klink but that would be an insult.......to Colonel Klink!
    Random Thought 1f60b

The last time I checked at Right Stuf neither part 4 of Girls Und Panzer: Das Finale nor Vol. 9 of RWBY was out yet. So guess have to wait a longer bit. But Warner has come out with the animated version of the RWBY/Justice League crossover.

So my plan is to get High School of the Dead tv series next in about May and then follow that up with Parasyte n July.

I also need to make my annual doctor's appointment in July for August.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/8/2023, 1:46 pm

Spring Forward on Saturday night. It's Day light savings again.

Unless you leave in States like Arizona that don't have it.

With what is happening in our major cities I'm a bit amazed no-one has yet suggested the President resort to Martial Law in those cities and the suburbs that surround them. I don't think we will have much of choice if this keeps up.

From what I have read and seen, Tucker Carlson's airing of the 1/6 videos has struck a nerve with the
    Left and their Rino allies.

The question wasn't was there a riot...there was...but the question is rather why were many of those that participated in the actual riot not arrested while those who peacefully walked through the Capitol building were?

It's a good thing baseball season is here, I think we need a break no matter where we fall on the Political Scale and just relax....
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/10/2023, 2:50 pm

Snow again today. It is also nearly 40 so much of it looks like it may melt. Hope! Hope!

Really coming down earlier.

Such is March.

With every narrative that the Dems had falling apart now, it should be a no-brainer that Trump or whoever the GOP nominee will win 2024 in a landslide...but we saw what happened in 2020. Paint me skeptical of the US having any more fair Presidential elections for some time, as long as the radicals are in charge of the Democratic party.

I got my order from Right Stuf Tuesday or Wednesday but not opening it until my b'day next Friday.
    I also already have both of them penciled in for the time when I am going to watch them.
    Now that I'm not ordering so much I have more time to simply sit back and enjoy what I have.

Cat's Eye looks to be one of the longer complete series I have in my collection.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18984
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 3/11/2023, 8:50 am

The election is still unpredictable as some factors are being held back while others are glossed over or being overpowered...

This weekend was also projected to be another extreme cold phase. Welp, the sun is out here. It did snow for two days, though.
    Also heavy raining season is supposed to start in the Ukraine or soonish. It's safe to say the Russians are not going to start a serious land offensive. And their expected air offensive so far has only materialized in long range missile bombardment.
    So the ball is practically on the Ukraine offensive. As is this is likely going to be worse than expected as the russian (materials) "didn't" get wasted by their offensive.

So have have been at least two bank runs in California this week, due to increased interest rates...
    This already effected some of our members' pay. I hope it will work out for them. As for the economy, there's gonna be some spill over in the tech sector. I can't tell how bad but most likely it's "small" businesses which naturally are in the majority.

Ccoincidentally the chinese government's underground bank which was colluding with the Mafia, Putin and co was taken down in Italy.
    If you  remember, seven years ago when the news broke about China cracking down on the underground banks I said they just wanted to take them over. Heh.
    https://bitterwinter.org/how-the-ccp-laundered-mafia-money-in-italy/

On another side note China obviously cut the undersea internet cable to the Matsu island, hence, also Taiwan. The warships suspected of doing it have returned to port and can't be inspected.
    Even though this is like how it preceded the current Ukraine war the likelihood of war is minuscule. They probably want to determine how fast Japan reacts and repairs. Since it's become a clear strategic point with the Ukraine war. (I did mark them on my posted ukraine war maps from the beginning) China has long started research in destroying star-link.

Star Trek Picard Season 3 episodes...4
    Well, let's just say...  you better watch it
    or be forever banished lol
    joking aside it's better so far in this show despite minor nitpicking details every now and then
    The new enemy is a changeling faction of the dominion. I think we heard about them here and there in the past.
    Well, things seem too easy compared to DS9's dominion war. *shrugs*
    I don't expect a big war and it's likely be messy again.

The Ark ep6
    I've been very patient. Things kind of got better with the crew/characters but logic/physics/space travel mess persists. It's like comparing an arcade game to a hardcore serious rule based game like chess.
    One thing I'm certain about is I won't ever watch it again.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/13/2023, 12:48 pm

So how is Picard handling the integration of the STNG cast into the final season? Wonder if they're pivoting to the Picard/Crusher pairing.

RIP Bud Grant greatest NFL coach to lead his team to multiple Superbowls without a single win.
    Vikings fandom won't be the same.

Jennifer Lawrence has gotten a lot of well deserved flak about her comment over being the first actress to star in an action movie. People pointing out all the other actresses that have starred in such movies going at least as far back as Raquel Welch.

Found out by accident yesterday that we do now get FNC but don't know how long.

Superman And Lois is supposed to premiere for S 3 tommorrow with a new actor in the role of
    Jonathan Kent. Clark and Lois' son.

Basically it's the only show I watch now on the CW.

I still watch Disney Channel and Disney XD, though admittedly they've shot themselves in the foot with all the Woke nonsense. And then the Disney people came out with an uber expensive Star Wars theme cruise that nobody wants to go on.
    Just stay with what brought you to the rodeo folks: good clean family entertainment.

So far looks like a Trump/Lake GOP ticket for 2024 but we shall see. If it is Kari Lake will eat up and spew out Kammie Harris. Just saying, one of 'em's a savvy debater and candidate and the other one is Kamala Harris.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/15/2023, 12:33 pm

We had bad news yesterday from my sister in North Pole, Alaska. My oldest nephew is in the hospital in serious condition and they don't know how much time he has left.

His younger brother has had health problems for over a decade now and so at first I thought it was about him.

So currently we are in a wait and see mode. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Not everything was bad though.

Yesterday night I watched the NHL/Disney crossover:The Big City Greens NHL Classic on Disney XD. It was a fun combination of animation and NHL hockey. It was an actual real time game animated by the folks behind Disney's popular cartoon comedy Big City Greens with some of the characters taking the place of players on the Rangers or Capitols teams. The Rangers actually won the game 5-3. Overall it was a good intro to the sport for kids.
    I'm still wondering of how they did the process of animation while the game was in process. This must have taken a lot of time and thought, so it must have been months or even a year in the making.
    It would be fun to similar attempts with other sports as it makes sports a lot more fun. Random Thought 1f483 Random Thought 1f645

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/17/2023, 12:42 pm

My nephew is still in hospice. They have him on morphine drips and his friends are still gathering to say their final fare wells. His dog is living with my sister and brother-in-law and their dog. My sister says both dogs have been quiet since they sense something is wrong. They seem to be getting along fine and both are female, so there's that.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/20/2023, 3:48 pm

My nephew died. Yesterday my sister and brother-in-law were busy sorting through his things.

That's the hardest part of any death, going through what they left behind.

Don't know when the funeral will be yet.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/22/2023, 12:45 pm

I picked a winking kitty this time for my avvie, 'cause who can refuse the cuteness of a kitty ( or puppy for that matter)?

For my St. Patty's Day b'day I went and got the following comics:

1.Mobile Suit Gundam 008 #11...and now I need to see the anime!
    2.Witchblade #143
    3.Witchblade #162....IIRC Yancey Butler who played Sara in the live action series was the daughter of the drummer for the '60s group The Lovin' Spoonful.
    4.Thunderbolts #164.....with Cap. America on the cover!!!!
    Random Thought 1f60e
    5.Ultimate Spider-man #71
    6.Ultimate Avengers 2 #1....this is the first time I dipped into the Ultimate line of Marvel.
    7.DareDevil vol.1 #303....actually since Matt Murdock is Irish....
    8.Captain America #15...2012 version
    9.Hawkgirl #61
    10.Hawkgirl #65
    11.Hawkgirl #66....first time I ever knew DC had a solo run for Hawkgirl.
    12.Doom Patrol #42....1991 version
    13.Doom Patrol #6.....2002 version
    14.JLA #90...2004
    15.JLA #113...2005
    16JLA #115....2005
    17.Aquaman #17...2004
    18.Batman and Superman, The New 52#2....the whole New 52 seemed to quickly have died out.
    19.Superman: Birthright #3

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/24/2023, 3:39 pm

It now looks like more and more that there will not be an indictment of President Trump. The Manhattan DA and his allies have backed themselves into a corner now. The best guess is that they keep delaying the indictment until the Grand Jury's time runs out or else wind up with egg on their faces.

In either case it works in President Trump's favor( even if he were indicted it would end up working in his favor since it would give him a commanding lead in the polls).

It's still anyone's guess why DA Bragg even thought of bringing it to the Grand Jury in the first place since every time it was brought to the Feds they turned it down. Even Mueller wasn't dumb enough to make it part of his investigation.

In the end it has backfired since Trump has become even more popular on the Right.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/27/2023, 12:44 pm

Been getting so many nice sympathy cards after the passing of my nephew.

Interesting bit of genealogical tirvia my maternal grandma's paternal grandpa was married twice in Ireland; his first wife (not my great great grandma but the wife before he married her) was a member of the Irish Staples family. Her father (my great great grandpa's first father- in- law) was the older half brother of one of C. S. Lewis' maternal great grandma's. So I miss out on being distantly related to C.S. Lewis. (Actually from what I understand my great grandpa's two older half sisters who were the daughters of my great great grandpa's first marriage tended to be a bit stuck up because their maternal side was more prominent and important than my great grandpa's and his older full brother and sister's.)

UConn shellacked Gonzaga on Saturday and now we have to settle for having one of the top 8 NCAA
    men's basketball teams in the country and not one of the top four....

The question now is when is Warner going to come out with the next installment of RWBY on BD and when is Sentai going to come out with the next installment of Girls Und Panzer: Das Finale?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/29/2023, 12:50 pm

Let's be honest if a person is going to go on a shooting rampage there is no law that can prevent them from doing so. What places like schools need, along with tighter security, is to have emergency drills that deal with such situations so that people will be better prepared.

Another important thing to note from the Christian school shooting in Tennessee, is that it was a radical fringe trans group that was promoting violence like that. Such groups don't represent all trans people or all LGBT people and should be condemned by everyone, but especially those in the trans and LGBT movement as not representing them.

Of course the irony is that the MSM will always blame the victims instead of pointing to where the blame lies, which is again the radical and militant fringe who promote the violence. This is something that the LGBT and especially the Trans element in the LGBT movement has to solve.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/31/2023, 2:40 pm

More and more the questions arises as to how long we will have a country. One of three things now seems possible: either we become a completely toletarian state or we get conquered by a combination of Russia and China,with help from Iran and North Korea or else we have another Civil War and split the country in half.

There seems to be no commonsense middle any more.

Or the people actually running the country *koff* Soros and other rich Elitists *koff* want us to think that way to distract us from the harm they are actually doing.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/3/2023, 3:41 pm

Re-reading Francis Thompson's poem: The Hound of Heaven.

Found out I share ethnicity with Beethoven, meaning Flemish/ West German or to be more exact
    North Rhineland/Westphalia.

Baseball season is here but so far haven't been able to see a game on tv as yet. I think TBS will be airing games starting tommorrow...maybe...not sure.

What I forgot to say about S2 of YYIAH so far is that it also lends more emotional depth to Mimori's S1 story arch and also gives her more of reason for doing what she does toward the end.
    Nogi turns out to be such a sweet girl in S2 it's hard not to blame Mimori/Washio for wanting to bring down the whole Hero System.

So a guy who posted a meme years ago mocking Hilary voters has gotten 10 years in prison and he posted the meme years ago so why does anyone care about it now?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Also Jennifer Anniston says younger viewers of Friends find it offensive. Are we living in
    The Twilight Zone now?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/5/2023, 12:54 pm

Seems to be a busy season for Superman and Lois, what with Lois finding she has cancer and John Henry Irons meeting his doppelganger's sister. So far Mannheim looks to be the season's Big Bad
    but that could change. Best scene Clark as Clark confronting the father of Jonathan's girlfriend in the
    cafe.

TBH, I'm at the point where I'm waiting for Bruce Wayne to show up...if he ever does.

Also waiting for the appearance of Lex Luthor.

When you have CNN saying that the indictment against President Trump is razor thin, you've pretty much have lost your case. That and the fact it gave him an excuse to give another campaign style speech. Are the Dems really this stupid? I mean they really wanted him to be the nominee in 2016 and got slaughtered in a fair election; do they want another slaughter in 2024?

Point of fact whoever runs on the Dem side doesn't have much to run on that's the only and sole reason for the indictment: to give Dems something to run on.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/7/2023, 3:40 pm

Some rain today. Just a sprinkling.

As the American press is playing footsies with the Left over trying to get Trump, China is doing some real and serious diplomacy. Don't be too surprised if by election 2024 we're completely cut off from any allies in Asia because Xi has managed to expand the PRC's reach.

That and the fact that there seems to be a growing dictatorship of the Left in this country that wants to rid us of everything that makes America America.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/10/2023, 12:49 pm

One thing I'm wondering about the entire RWBY/Justice League crossover is whether or not GL is
    the Jessica Cruz from "our" universe or from some other universe within the DC Multiverse.
    Either way I think now that the JLR( Justice League of Remnant) has been introduced DC should think of
    using it has a possible spring board to have a crossover with the regular Justice League: the JLA. I think the "Real World" Justice Leaguers could give their Remnant counterparts some real guidance and training.
    Also the Remnant Diana Prince/ Wonder Woman seems to have a lot of the personality of Starfire from the Teen Titans.

Funniest line comes when Weiss tells Victor "Cyborg" Stone he was supposed to have been kidnapped and his reply was: "I was supposed to be kidnapped? Are you disappointed I wasn't kidnapped?" lol!

And speaking of crossovers: I was thinking a Team RWBY vs. Night Raid one would be fun. Ok just Leone vs. Yang considering both their powers....
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/12/2023, 12:44 pm

It's interesting how much history you learn while doing genealogy. For example, today I was googling
    some of my Flemish Mennonite ancestors and learned that one of them was born in what is now the German town of Friedrichstadt in Schleswig-Holstein but back then was part of Denmark.

The Danish king at the time was rather tolerant of other religions and allowed the Mennonites, Quakers
    and other non-Comformists to settle in the area ( this is why Altona, which is IIRC now part of Hamburg, had such a large Mennonite population back then).

This was something I had read about before but this just added to what I knew.
    I also learned the name of my ancestors mother, which I hadn't known before.

The new information that has been gathered about the Shroud of Turin now makes it more and more
    possible that it is genuine. Though what really convinces me is the portrait that artists have come up of the crucified man depicted on the Shroud. IF this is what Jesus actually looked like, then I'm convinced.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/14/2023, 3:40 pm

So is the Trump Persecution Prosecution and the latest about the Air Guardsman who is said to have leaked top secret national security information on a gaming site both just a political version of "Oh! Look! Shiny!" to distract Americans from the fact that the Biden People are just really really really incredibly bad and incompetent?

Meanwhile Newsome, who is the governor or so they say, of one of the most failing States in the Union,
    goes on a road trip to hawk how really really really incredibly bad Florida's Governor is and how despotic Desantis is, while thousands of people leave Blue States, especially California every day for Red States like Florida.
    Also Newsome really needs to look in the mirror more often as talking about despotic, what about
    AB5 that has killed jobs in California?

In any case if I wanted to move to a Red State...Idaho is just literally down a few blocks and across the street from Safeway! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/17/2023, 3:46 pm

Currently re-reading volume one of Bone.

Finally beginning to look like Spring weather wise.

Yesterday was Orthodox Easter.

How good was Scissors x Dog? I read a review of it at Medieval Otaku.

As you can see I really love that blog, even though he hasn't been too active lately. He just posted about going to see the movie Susume, so hopefully will have a review up soon.

Funny how most of the Christian anime blogs I have come across happen to be by Catholics though.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/19/2023, 2:15 pm

Finally got my Washington State ID. Have to wait until next week to get the actual card.
    I really wonder why St. John didn't include waiting at the DMV has part of the punishment for those who
    willingly take the 666( or 616 depending on the translation) mark of the Beast. It certainly should be part of the punishment God puts the followers of the Beast under. I think having to wait in line at the DMV is one of the worst curses possible! Razz Razz Razz
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/21/2023, 2:33 pm

The actor who played Kang in the last Ant-man movie has gotten into legal trouble for abuse issues. Too early to know if he's guilty or not but still a lot of people on Twitter are acting like he is.
    There is talk of him being replaced for the next movie.

Hockey tonight as the Wild goes up against their nemesis the NorthStars. It's too bad they couldn
    t have kept the North Stars name in Minnesota and Dallas select another nickname for their NHL team after the team moved. North Stars and their logo were so iconic in Minnesota.

AFAIG: I still don't like boycotts of any kind. I believe everyone is free to decide on their own whether or not they'll keep supporting a company if it goes Woke. E.g. Anheuser-Busch, people are responding not only by buying Coors and other brewery companies such as Modelo, but they're showing their distaste for Woke Bud Light by using cans and twelve packs for target practice (Kid Rock) or running over them with their trucks, etc.

The same with Disney+ where subscribers are leaving in droves.

Sooner or later these companies have to wake up and realize that the majority of their customers aren't the Woke people but every day people who don't care about Wokeness but rather good quality
    products.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/24/2023, 3:36 pm

Reading John Hershey's account of the A bomb attack and it's aftermath on Hiroshima.

The weather today is blah! Random Thought 1f615

I got a new wallet in the mail today along with new slippers. Because there isn't as much room for cards as the old wallet I have had to pick only those that are essential to use to put in. I also should be getting my ID soon.

Helping out cleaning our church. This week it's today and Friday for a few minutes. Have a schedule for what to do every day. IF I have to do it regularly it should only take no more than 45 minutes a day.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/26/2023, 12:38 pm

Earth Day: A day when people who don't ordinary care about pollution and litter make a big deal about
    pollution and litter or a day when invisible people do invisible things and silly people do silly things.
    (The local weekly had a photo of a group of older women doing an "Earth Day Dance" hence the Silly people doing Silly things...)

Musings on where Tucker Carlson will land next include: Newsmax, Sirius Radio, Independent podcast, etc. Newsmax is probably a heavy leader right now since that's where a lot of former FNC hosts and contributors seem to end up ( eg Eric Bolling and Greta Van Sustern).

John Hershey's Hiroshima should be a must read when it comes to Nuclear War. It's short and takes only a few hours to read.
    Then again with Woke being taught in public schools these days it would be a miracle if anyone who graduates from high school can even read something as simple as a Dick And Jane book these days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 7:21 am