Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4205
    Imperial Credits : 17903
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 10/11/2023, 1:07 pm

There's no two ways about it, the only way the terrorism in the Middle East will end will be if Israel destroys all the Terrorist Groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. As long as they exist Israel and the US will continue to be threatened by them. They are not civilized people and all civilized people should recognize that fact.
    The difference between Hamas and the Nazis is that the Nazis at least pretended to have a veneer of civilization, whereas Hamas does not. Even the average Palestinian suffers because of Hamas; so in the end destroying these terror groups would also make life easier and better for the Palestinians and other normal Arabs.
    When you consider that Hamas has beheaded babies and other atrocities they have done, you have to realize they have taken themselves out of the human race by such savagery; then again it shouldn't surprise us as our society allows the abortion of innocent babies up to the time of birth in some cases.
    Before we point the figure to much, we should realize that by condoning abortion we have given the ok for what Hamas has done.
    Finally, I wonder how many people remember back to Munich Olympics of 1972 and the massaccre of Jewish and Israeli athletes there. That was the granddaddy of all terror attacks and the one that set the pattern for all that has happened since.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/13/2023, 2:56 pm

No question in my mind but the Mideast was much better off back in the 60s than it is now. Back then countries like Iran and Lebanon were prosperous and Western leaning and their peoples had a high standard of living compared to today.
    Now after Islamic radicals have taken over the poverty rate has gone up and terrorism has replaced
    tourism and agriculture as the chief means of living in much of these countries.
    Then again I don't think there's much difference between the Radical Islamists and Marxists, both result in the same thing: loss of prosperity and economic decline in general; except for the ruling Elite. It always come down to the Ruling Elite getting richer while everyone else gets poorer.
    The same with Globalism as well.
    Free Market Capitalism is one of the only economic philosophies where the man and woman in the street has the chance of being the economic equal of the Ruling Elite, which is why the Ruling Elite always hate it.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/16/2023, 12:33 pm

Should've mentioned this before but Wendee Lee plays Maya in the English language dub of Tenjho Tenge while Millie in Trigun is played by Satsuki ,Yukino in the original Japanese.

I think Sanity and Reason may have left the building with Elvis a long time ago. Certainly this world is turning more and more into one huge insane asylum with the inmates running everything.

I think really that the Elites don't care about anyone but themselves, as some of these problems could have been easily solved but the solutions have been delayed to the point there may not be any other out but Secession and forming a new more faithful Constitution Republic and limiting the powers of the State more thoroughly. I know I have said similar things before, but I get more pessimissitic more easily these days when I think about politics. Certainly we need to go back to limits on who can and can't vote and who can and can't be called an American citizen.
    Though ultimately, as I keep saying, it looks like Secession may be our only way out of the mess that the Marxists and Globalists Elites have made.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/18/2023, 12:42 pm

My first order since the merger of Right Stuf and Crunchy Roll is on its way.

It seems like especially times like these is when we need to have a bit of escapism or else we'd all probably go madder than a Bedlam full of insane patients.

And now on Townhall they've revealed that some of the bombing victims were mannequin dolls dressed up to look like humans so that Hamas could bump up their propaganda attack on Israel. They're calling it Palywood.

My one fear is that we are on the unstoppable path now to literal Armaggeddon.

Speaking of which, On Newsmax I saw an ad for a new book about the Rapture that dramatized what could happen if the Rapture did occur. Probably the on scene that caught my mind the most was a scene in a gym where a woman is exercising and then people all around her start to disappear.
    She freaks out...I think if the Rapture were to occur like that that a lot of people would be freaking out!!!!

Then again it's interesting how a lot of End Times books and movies and such tend to come out whenever we have a situation in the Mideast like we have now. Time we tell.

But we all need to beware of the usual Date Setters who no doubt will use this as a means of raking in the cash.
    Though one of these days one of these Date Setters will get lucky...

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/20/2023, 3:32 pm

RIP Suzanne Somers best known for the beloved blond ditz Christmas "Chrissie" Snow on Three's Company, also one of the few Hollywood celebs to be a Trump supporter.

Also VA Tara Strong was fired from her latest job because she's Jewish and supports Israel. I had to look her filmography up on ANN just now. She played characters as diverse as Harley Quinn and Ben Ten.
    I don't think actors and actresses should be fired because of their ethnicity or religion any more than their politics. Being fired for both your religion and ethnicity should be grounds for a law suit. And from what I understand the project she was going to start wasn't even beginning yet....

Like I said Reason and Sanity have left the building with Elvis. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/23/2023, 12:50 pm

What makes anything in any category Essential? Just wondering, especially when it comes to anime. For example Sailor Moon and Madoka would both be considered Essential
    viewing for Magical Girls but what about Yuki Yuna Is A Hero or Vividred Operation?
    Would RahXephon rank with EVA or Gundam Wing as Essential or how about
    Dual?

I guess my question really is how much is Essential simply about taste and how much is it about
    if you haven't watched it yet you're missing out and need to see it to be a true otaku?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/25/2023, 12:49 pm

Continuing from Monday: Then again perhaps the decision of what is and is not Essential is easier than we think it is. Licensers and publishers such as Funimation and Bandai may have solved the problem, at least with older anime, with categories such as Bandai's Anime Legends and Funimation's Anime Classics and Anime Essentials. By licensing and issuing anime under these categories it makes it simpler for the average otaku to make a list of Essential anime, or so it would appear.

But then the question has to be asked, what about more recent anime? And here we are back at square one again. No doubt with everything that's currently going on in the world today, deciding which modern anime is Essential and which is not may seem trivial; then again as I have said before, Escapism is something that is needed in times like these.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/27/2023, 3:35 pm

Why do people keep wanting the US to be like other countries and not like itself? America is America and not Australia. In any case people need to remember that violent crimes won't end with getting rid of firearms. Needs to be repeated over and over again that getting rid of firearms will not lead to Utopia of any type. Also criminals don't worry about Gun Free Zones, Safe Spaces or Gun Laws.
    That said a lot of violent crimes in the inner cities can be traced back to gang activities, which means to really cut down on violent crime you have to start with busting the gangs.
    Some of which are better armed than some third world countries. Then again, trace the link and you'll find that many of them are connected to the Cartels and even Moslem terror groups like Hamas and
    ISIS. As per usual the end of the line wounds up in either Iran or China.
    So getting rid of legal firearms just makes it that easier for China and it's allies to conquer the US.
    Finally another reason for not imitating Australia is that it's racist past. Australia has been infamous in the past for separating Aborigine children from their parents and raising them in such a way that they're ashamed of their heritage.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/30/2023, 12:26 pm

Frosty today.

So the new First Minister of Scotland is a Pakistani born in Scotland who basically thinks there're too many whites in Scotland and wants to import Palestinians to balance out things.
    1. Of course the majority of Scottish people are white...it's in the British Islands which is in Europe.
    2. And this is why no-one takes the Scottish National Party seriously any more...

Bernie Sanders posted about a massacre in a Jewish synagogue in Pennsylvania five years ago and certain Leftist Idiots let him have it about Gaza, Israel and the Palestinians even though the post had nothing to do with any of those things.

" Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life on this planet!"
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/1/2023, 12:42 pm

Today I am playing around with the fonts to see what they look like for the heck of it.

Books that people should read about the Holocaust:
    Ann Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
    The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
    Night by Elie Wiesel
    People need to be reminded of what anti-semitism is all about and why it's so alarming when it raises its ugly head once more.

Time for Desantis to fold the tent and concentrate on running Florida; even some members of the Florida GOP say it's time for him to focus on why he was reelected governor of their State. Instead he's attacking the current second place candidate, Nikki Haley.

I think more and more as time goes by that Secession may be the only cure for our country at this point.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/3/2023, 3:46 pm

It's rather hard to believe that there are so many people out there who are willing to let Evil have a pass just because they hate the Jews so much. They're willing to side with Evil because for them, some how, Jews and Christians represent something worse.
    They do not get it that once you rid the world of Jews and Christians then you do not get paradise on Earth; rather you get Hell on Earth.
    If the entirety of the Jewish people and of Christians were to disappear, it would not end the violence but rather escalate it. It is the Christians and Jews that have been the cork that keeps the world from erupting in even more Evil and Violence.
    Also if there were only Moslems in the world, we would still have wars and violence. This is because the Shiites and Sunnis have no love lost toward each other.
    If they could the Shiites and Sunnis would slit each others throats with a smile on their faces.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/6/2023, 2:41 pm

It seems to me that we are in some type of Zombie Apocalypse (tm) right now. Or how else can you explain the demonstrations around the world against Jews.
    Sadly many of the people demonstrating don't seem to know even why they're demonstrating but seem to do it simply to be one of the crowd or rather mob.

Raining again today.

The solutions to a lot of problems we have would simply be to go back and re-enforce the laws that are already on the book and that once were enforced but for one reason and another have been either ignored or completely abrogated by the Left.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/8/2023, 1:50 pm

Democrats and Republicans should both be aware of the One Trick Pony when it comes to politics. Yes, the Dems were able to use Abortion to win in some states, but that won't help them if that is all they won on. They also have to consider such things as the Economy, Education, Taxes, etc. If they don't deliver on those things abortion won't matter.
    In the end the people want results that will help them live better and safer lives. If all you got is the One Trick Pony of Abortion and you can't or won't do anything about the other things that are just as important...you're going to be a one term politician.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/10/2023, 3:32 pm

So when it comes to the Zombie Apocaylpse anime, I put School Live a bit ahead of High School of the Dead even though it's basically an orange and apple type of thing. Both are pretty good to watch, but the characters on School Live have a higher likability rating....then again Shido does kinda put HOTD down a bit with just his being present. If it weren't for him I'd say it was a tie.

That said, those are the only two Zombie anime I have, the rest of my horror anime collection is Vampires.

Then again how many live action shows are centered around Zombies?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/13/2023, 1:43 pm

This season of BYU's genealogical show Relative Race has finally come down to the final day 10.
    Unlike previous seasons, this season all four teams lasted until day 9 when Team Blue unfortunately recieved the dreaded third strike. I was hoping it would've been Team Red getting their second then it really would've been interesting in the fight for the money on Day 10 with all four teams still in the game.
    As it is having three out of the four teams in the finals is going to be fun.

I got to thinking though that the show is really less about finding people's roots and families, and more really about America and being American. With all the divisions and other negative things going on in our country lately it's good to have a show that highlights some of the good things. Heck, watching the reunions between children and parents that were long separated was more important than who gets the money at the end.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/15/2023, 2:18 pm

I wonder if a Two State Solution wouldn't work for America: divide the country between Traditionalist Americans who simply want to be left alone and want as little laws as necessary but only those that abide by the letter and spirit of the Constitution on the one hand, and those who are more Progressive
    and want more government. Everyone would get their own choice of which type they would want; that way no-one would be coerced one way or another.

As it stands now I think more and more people are going to be forced to either blind obey the government or wind up breaking more laws on a daily basis just to stay alive. Justice Clarence Thomas once said that the normal American unwittingly breaks at least six laws a day, though personally I think it be a much higher amount since there are so many laws that are passed by both Congress and the State Legislatures that most people probably don't know about.
    And many of them probably contradict each other too.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/17/2023, 3:22 pm

The Marvels is going down as the worst MCU movie to date. Meanwhile Sony has started to air trailers of the new Spiderverse movie: Madam Web. So far looks good. So now that the MCU has lost its glitter for now, will the Sony version of Marvel take up the slack? I think the Sony movies get lost in the shuffle because the MCU, until recently has been having such a great reputation.
    Then again some of the DCEU movies haven't been that bad either.

Speaking of DC....for S9 of RWBY they have a clip from the new RWBY/ JLA crossover.
    Looks like fun. Speaking of S9 of RWBY I also watched the first Chibi RWBY and
    RWBY Fairy Tale that were on the extras disc.

NOT THE BEE had a trailer for NETFLIX' movie about Robert the Bruce called The Outlaw King,
    having Scottish ancestry I had to go: "Dang! I really need to see that!" Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
    It stars Chris Pine as the Bruce. Looks great.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/20/2023, 6:05 pm

RIP Rosalynn Carter, one of the best beloved First Ladies of our life times.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/22/2023, 4:22 pm

Happy Turkey Day er....Thanksgiving!!!!! Random Thought - Page 5 1f3c8

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/24/2023, 4:37 pm

So the car explosion in upstate NY seems to have turned out to be an accident and not a terrorist attack, though it could just have been. Right now I'm still wondering whether it was a gas powered car or an EV.
    If it turns out to be the latter that would mean more bad news for the Climate Change Cult who want to
    have everybody driving EVs by 2030.
    But again we don't know that as of yet.

Speaking of bad news, in Dublin Ireland a mother and her two children were attacked by a migrant wielding a knife who stabbed them. The Irish are up in arms and it turned into a riot overnight with
    people protesting the government's migrant policy.
    The fact that the same sort of thing has happened in other European countries is one of the reasons why so many of them are turning in the Right direction. The Netherlands being just the most recent
    example.

Of course anti-immigrant feeling that arise from such violent incidents are only one reason, another is that most of these European countries have suffered from bad economies over the decades of Leftist control. Is it any wonder then that many Europeans all over the continent have had enough of Leftism especially of the Marxist variety?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/27/2023, 1:28 pm

I have a cat on my lap so it's a bit difficult to type. She's the neighborhood cat who seems to have adopted us as her temprorary/permanent home for the day time.

It has finally gotten to be like Winter at last and has been around 20.

Our church is having its annual bazaare on Friday so should be able to do some Xmas shopping then.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19008
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 11/27/2023, 2:06 pm

Well, I've been busy and silent recently (especially past ~40 days) due to several medical incidents of different people within family and relatives and with one passing away. I'm not superstitous but man this was like an unending train derailing.
    Anyhow, my cousin in law was was drunk on thanksgiving and fell asleep. It appears he left a window open and passed away just like that. Frankly, it's the 3rd time I heard of this case in my "immediate" circle. Regardless whether it's summer or winter don't fall asleep drunk close to an open window.
    He was a really good man it's sad to see him go and at a "young age", too. It will be rough for my cousin but since her children are already adults it shouldn't be too bad. Due to time and distance I won't be able to be at the funeral. Will have to arrange things the usual way.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/29/2023, 1:47 pm

Did he have any pre-existing health problems that could have been triggered by the open window or was it one of those things that happens?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/1/2023, 4:46 pm

Watched the Desantis vs. Newsome debate on FNC yesterday and was underwhelmed by Desantis' performance. The Desantis fanboys and fangirls in the Conservative news media tried to give it a good spin, but the fact of the matter is it certainly did nothing to persuade anyone to switch from Trump to Desantis.
    AFAIG with the Poop Map Desantis used: whelp that made him look even more ridiculous. He should have mentioned HOW Newsome's policies as mayor of SF helped lead to the current homeless problems in SF.
    Overall Trump won the debate; Desantis will now never be President; Newsome is definitely going to be the Dems nominee in '28. That's my take away.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19008
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/3/2023, 1:18 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Did he have any pre-existing health problems that could have been triggered by the open window or was it one of those things that happens?

Not that I know. He likes to drink as much as the next guy, so nothing out of the ordinary afaik.
    He's an ordinary build... I suppose he has reasonable surplus weight for his age (60's) but no visible excess rather he looks fitter than the average. I'll probably look similar in another 20 year.
    The previous cases were:
    - one girlfriend of my mother before marriage so pretty young (20'ish)
    - another young man (30'ish)
    commonality is just alcohol and open windows

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 3:21 am