Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4205
    Imperial Credits : 17903
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 6 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 12/4/2023, 6:12 pm

So nothing outside of drinking a lot and open windows.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/6/2023, 1:56 pm

These cases when a seemingly healthy indiviual suddenly dies are not only tragic but, let's admit it, a bit
    creepy as well since there is no known reason for them dying.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/8/2023, 1:48 pm

It takes a lot of time to get over missing a person after they died, and even then you really don't get over it.

In news around the world: It looks like the war against Hamas may almost be over now as they're surrendering to the IDF in droves after it was reported that the IDF was preparing to flood the tunnels with ocean water.

A lot of Dems are either leaving the Party or looking for an alternative to Biden now. It might be good news for RFK, Jr. I imagine that any debate between Trump, RFK, Jr. and Biden now would be even more disastrous for Biden as RFK, Jr. and Trump would basically ignore him most of the time making him even more irrelevant.

And Hunter Biden has been indicted on taxes in California, but whether or not he uses it as an excuse to not appear before the House is a good question.

Farmers in Brittany, France are showing what they think of current government farm policy by literally
    dumping manure over the government's farm bureau in Rennes.

I don't think we need worry about WW 3 as we're already in WW 3, but unlike the other two World Wars it's not about countries fighting each other, rather it's about the Globalist Elites and their Woke Progressive allies fighting everyone else.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/11/2023, 1:44 pm

RIP Norman Lear, who created many of America's favorite sitcoms. Not only was he original but also impossible to copy. A lot of sitcoms and other tv fair today seem to be either derivative or if original uninteresting to view.

And of course he gave us Rob "Meathead" Reiner who will be better known as the son of Carl Reiner and the ex-husband of Penny Marshall.

I don't know why, but every time the Jackson 5 is on old reruns of The Ed Sullivan Show, I don't think: " OOO...look a young Michael Jackson!" but rather: " er...ummm...Which one's Tito?"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I also think that ironically enough without slavery we wouldn't have Mo-town because we wouldn't have had Spirituals which gave birth to the Blues, Jazz, Pop, Rock 'N' Roll, Rock A Billy, Rap, Hip Hop or even influence the development of American classical music,etc.

So while slavery is a definite evil without it American culture and especially pop culture would be different and probably not have the soul it has now. Big picture: some times much good comes out of a great evil.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/13/2023, 1:44 pm

Jesse Watters on his FNC show Watters' World reported a story that not even Newsmax has reported on yet: two NYPD officers vacationing in Atlanta were walking past MLK, Jr.'s boyhood home when they saw a Black woman on the front porch pouring some liquid around the door and windows.
    When they asked her what she was doing, she showed them a five or ten gallon can of gasoline. They arrested her on the spot for attempted arson and called in the Atlanta police to assist and take her in.
    It turned out she was a follower of a Black Supremacist in prison who wants to start a racial civil war.
    Interesting how this story has not been made more well known.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/15/2023, 4:51 pm

So turns out that the tap dance troupe that Jill Biden hired for the Christmas Jazz Nutcracker Suite ( a horrible thought in and of itself) turned out to have an racist anti-white bias.
    Personally myself I wasn't going to be too surprise if they were Gay, since the whole video was the gayest thing I have ever seen in quite awhile; and there probably hasn't been that much gayness around the WH since the last time the Bidens invited Peter Buttengieg and his husband over for coffee.
    Just saying.
    The whole video makes one want to gouge out their eyes and then blow out their brains, and then when you add the music: PLEASE KILL ME NOW!!!!! It's enough to even make Tchaikovsky turn
    straight.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19008
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/15/2023, 8:12 pm

Literalla within days of me posting a new medical news broke. different case and different person again with another of my cousin had developed leukemia. Apparently, that happened some time ago but didn't want to let us know. He's a good guy so I see his reasoning. Details are still murky, though. Needless to say the communication chaos has been reigning a while in our "network".
    Since, he has family and lots of siblings his chances are high theoretically, practically, things are up in the air. We'll see.

As for isreal/middle east things are set to end up failing already, in fact since the beginning. Which is why I didn't bother. A lot of people are worldwide clearly are sympathizing with P while literally hundreds of attacks and incidents popped up. France alone had around 200+.
    But then again I said so at the very beginning (in discord). It's no coincident since Putin called for "it" in ~October 2022. And the spike of incidents started weeks earlier.
    So this round ends in failure and sets up for another round next time.

As for Ukraine/Russia everything I said 3-4 months ago has been confirm by now. Russia is taking advantage of their increased production; renewing recruitment; deployment of new artillery systems (less rocked tubes but for cheaper more numerous systems); new drones and sophisticated rockets.
    Amassing these over the winter next year russia is going to unleash a lot of firepower and human waves. Meanwhile, support is wanning for the Ukraine.
    Welp, people are too ignorant to understand how support works:
    Like all past wars the money never really goes to the supported country but is being invested into the producing company at home. In other words the workers/company at home gets paid all the money. The supported country only gets the product and that only the last outgoing generation while the new product are for domestic. Basically, the inventory gets cleaned up for free without cost of decommissioning etc. while they are being "sold" at 3x their ongoing value. Meaning the company gets paid 1x by the government for new weapons and 3x by the supported country for the old stuff. So workers at home get paid 1x with extended employment and CEO and investors get paid 4x plus stock price increases. This is why war is lucrative. It's also why the supported country gets poor paying their debts. Vietnam for example their currency in the distant past used to be valued at ~10x the USD but now it's like 1/millionth.
    And we are not even talking about the rebuilding contracts that are going to be awarded to supporting countries.
    Currently, at face value it should be around 2.x trillions or about 1.1 trillion/year. Actual rebuilding payment likely 3x if not 100x like what china gets from projects in vietnam. And then there's the cheaper export of (agrarian) goods. Something Britain is definitely going to benefit the most especially due to their brexit plight. Welp, it's the reason every non-european country we "helped" ended up in ruin. The UN literally only exist to keep our rule over the rest.
    But people are too dumb to understand and support all those putin supporters. So chances are high the Ukraine will end up being abandoned or similar to the middleeast. Putin already celebrated this week his "assured victory".
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/18/2023, 2:10 pm

Plus The Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in Europe. I read an article at The Gateway Pundit today that was reprinted from Substack how a lot of this could have been prevented earlier.
    In the end it looks like the Donbas and Crimea will be permanently lost to The Ukraine now. It's going to be too hard to get them out of Putin's grasp now without lengthening the war more and putting the average Ukrainian deeper in the financial hole.

So Minnesota wants to get rid of the old State flag now, interesting that one design that looks to be a finalist is similar to the flag of the region in Somalia where Omar is from. Still the far left hasn't really explained why they want a new State flag. There's nothing wrong with the old one. I expect the Washington State Flag might be on the chopping block next, simply because George Washington is on it and God forbid we have a State flag honoring The Father of our Country.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/20/2023, 2:12 pm

So as season one of Cat's Eye comes near an end Toshi is about to face the sad duty of arresting his fiancee and her sisters.

Like Lupin The Third you can't help but root for the criminals in Cat's Eye; though unlike
    Lupin The Third since what the sisters are stealing technically belongs to them in the first place,
    there is more of a fine line in what they do. Also as Toshi says in ep.34 the people they steal from all have used rather sketchy means (thievery and other illegal means probably) of acquiring the art to begin with so there is a bit of justice in what the sisters do.

Also Toshi may be a bit of a goofus but he's still smarter than a lot of real live American politicians and even law enforcement officers!!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/22/2023, 4:12 pm

The annual NHL outdoor game will be played in Seattle at the Mariners ball park.

The Colorado Supreme Court decision about Trump is getting a lot of negative feedback from both sides of the political aisle. Even Kennedy and Christie are saying it's a bad decision.

Merry Christmas on Monday. I think I'll take the day off and Tuesday as well.

Wednesday, I might take a gander at Right Stuf/Crunchy Roll to see if Girls Und Panzer: Das Finale Part 4 is available or not.

If not I think I might order either All Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku complete set or My Neighbor Seki anime or (if it's available and not OOP) Bodacious Space Pirates or the
    RWBY/JLA crossover anime.

Then again it depends....

It's sadly surprising how many Americans can't get the Christmas story in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke right. Sad part is they can't even get where Jesus was born...even when given a hint. Sad Sad Sad

Maybe churches ought to stop trying to be "relevant" and go back to teaching and preaching the Bible. Just sayin'.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/25/2023, 5:06 pm

Merry Christmas!!!!! Random Thought - Page 6 1f384  Random Thought - Page 6 1f384  Random Thought - Page 6 1f384

My sister in Arizona sent me a cap that has JESUS on the top and I LOVE JESUS on the bill.
    My other sister in Alaska sent me a season 1 DVD or BD of Star Trek Lower Decks. After a little thinking I've slotted it in starting Saturday March 23 the week after I finish Tenjho Tenge.

For this week for comics I will be re-reading six of my Avengers comics.

I really want to get the Batman/Punisher and JLA/Avengers crossovers.
    Maybe one day.

My sister in Alaska also sent us a picture book themed around my late nephew. It was very professionally done.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/27/2023, 4:21 pm

My dad would've been 100 next Friday.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/28/2023, 2:08 pm

This xmas mood wasn't great due to recent events. The funeral was days before. And the weather was so bad the whole week.. don't remember it was ever this bad. Welp.

I dunno about Star Trek Lower Decks. It's not like I don't like or hate it. It's alright but to think that the fan base's general opinion seems to accept it more than the new Trek shows... going so far that Strange New World has an episode featuring them, hence, it becoming canon. It's a big deal yet it seems like necessary?

As predicted we made it through Covid without depression were it not the Ukraine war and now OPEC has reduced production, hence, artificially challenging it. A lot if not all I've said have come true; there's a lot to rant about; and worse things to come soonish or rather sooner than expected. I'm not even talking about a possible Taiwan war a few years from now here. So I'm afraid this level of "bad" state we have now will not just go on into 2025 but actually is the new normal.

Anyhow, enjoy life as long as it is still well and lasts.
    And happy new year!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/29/2023, 4:36 pm

Thanks.

It's always bad when someone dies or gets seriously injured right when the holidays start. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I will see about The Lower Decks at the end of March after I finish Tenjho Tenge.
    Aside from finishing RWBY and Girls Und Panzer Das Finale I don't know if I will get any more new anime. Mainly because I am at the point where I have plenty of anime to re-watch. Though like I said maybe a few new ones or at least that aren't in my collection yet.
    I think it's near time to concentrate more on live action.
    I enjoyed Parasyte, and reading about the anime I can see where the live action movie may actually have been better has it had to stream line the plot and thus some of the characters were either cut out completely or had different endings to their story arc.

We haven't had snow for awhile here, and it looks like we may get more rain instead.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/1/2024, 5:02 pm

Happy 2024.

I'm holding off ordering anything until next Wednesday.

Not a good day yesterday football wise for either the Vikings or Seahawks.

This month I start S 2 of Cat's Eye, Flip Flappers (dub this time) and Gundam OO83.

Currently I am re-reading Maureen Birnbaum,Barbarian Swordswoman by George Alec Effinger.
    A nice start to the New Year with a bit of parody.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/3/2024, 1:39 pm

RIP Tommy Smothers,aka The Brother That Mom Didn't Like. Laughing Laughing Laughing Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
    American Comedy looses another Great One.

The Kraken won the first ever Winter Classic NHL game in Seattle 3-0. It was also the first shut out ever in the history of the Winter Classic.

More good news for fans of Washington sports: The UW Huskies will now play for the CFB Championship against frequent Rose Bowl archnemesis Michigan. Looks to be a sample of things to come since the two will now be in the same Conference.

I goofed with the title of the book I'm reading: it's actually: Maureen Birnbaum Barbarian Swordsperson and not Swordswoman.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/5/2024, 4:48 pm

I ran into a couple of Mormons who reminded me that their church perfers to be called Latter Day Saints now instead of Mormon. But all in all despite theological differences we had a nice chat and they went their way and I went mine.

Today I got some new additions to my comic book collection:

1. The Amazing Spider-man #32 Dec. 2019
    2. The Amazing Spider-man # 34 Jan.2020
    3. Captain Marvel #47 (Marvel) 1976
    4. Captain Marvel vol. 4 #1 Nov. 2002
    5. Captain Marvel #3 #14 Feb. 2001
    6. The Mighty Thor Vol.2 #69 Nov. 2003
    7. Thor vol. 1 # 502 Sept. 1996
    8. JLA #30 Apr. 2009
    9. JLA #26 Sept. 2001
    10. JSA #30 Jan. 2002
    11. Superman #3 Nov. 2018
    12. Superman #5 Jan. 2019
    13. Superman #44 Early June 2018

Now as far as it goes with RWBY: at the end of the episode they had a number you can call if you're feeling suicidal.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/8/2024, 1:48 pm

So Wed. is when I will try to see if part 4 of Girls Und Panzer: Das Finale is available, if not I may pick up a live action instead.

This week is Orthodox Christmas.

I have a Russian friend who told me about it via e-mail.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/12/2024, 5:47 pm

We finally got below 0 today and it is supposed to be colder all during the coming week as well. As a result I had to layer. This is the first time in a long while that I can remember it getting this cold.
    On the bright side not too much snow,and when it did snow yesterday it was the soft fluffy type that is easy to shovel.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/15/2024, 4:42 pm

I have a call on Wed. at 10:30 having to do with help with the password for one of the DNA websites I'm on. Hopefully all goes well since otherwise I will have to drop out.

It has been below zero for the last several days here.

So Pete Carroll was let go by the Seahawks, not unexpected at his age and also the fact that the team seems to be in a rebuilding period.

Who will be the starting QB next season will depend on the new coach.

It was also a disappointing season for the Vikings but after Kirk Cousins went down for the season and then his back up....

The good news is Pitchers and Catchers report to Training Camp for Spring Training in another month.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/17/2024, 5:43 pm

Since part 4 of Girls Und Panzer: Das Finale seems to still not out, I decided on plan B and ordered Bodacious Space Pirates, The Complete Series instead. More than what I had planned on spending though...but it's a belated Christmas gift to myself. Hopefully I can get the other for my b'day present. But we shall see.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/19/2024, 4:31 pm

RWBY s not done yet, even though Vol./Season 10 should be the finale of the main story, it seems it has spun a franchise. There's also now RWBY: The Ice Queen as well as RWBY/JLA. Then there are the manga,so there are plenty of reason to think our favorite mute
    (ex?)villainness will be back sooner or later, perhaps as an opponent or perhaps as an ally?

So the ending of the Star Trek novel Yesterday's Son has a rather convoluted explanation of how Zarabeth and the other inhabitants of Sarpeidon were able to speak English: Spock and Zarabeth's son Zar decide to use the Guardian of Forever to go back 5,000 years to the place in Sarpeidon where history recorded a sudden appearance of civilization. He figured that he must have been the one who started the ball rolling and he even tells Kirk and Spock: " Didn't you ever wonder why Zarabeth was able to speak English?"
    So if Zar didn't go back but had remained in the 23rd Century, Sarpeidon wouldn't have had a sudden burst of civilization where and when it did and his mother wouldn't have grown up speaking
    English!!!!! Random Thought - Page 6 1f605  Random Thought - Page 6 1f605
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/22/2024, 1:43 pm

Adding Monster Musume to my 2024 re-watch list.

We got rain on Saturday night that turned to ice over Sunday, so when I was walking home from church I decided to try the sidewalk, but when I saw how icy and slick it looked I opted for the alley since there was some snow to walk in.

We were supposed to have a meeting after church but because of the roads there weren't enough for a quorum so it was canceled for next Sunday.

Hoping the Lions make it all the way to the Superbowl, simply since it would be great to see a team that hasn't won win it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/23/2024, 4:21 pm

Another different cousin of mine who had liver cancer has fallen into a coma last week. We were hopping and praying since then but things don't seem to change. I don't want to jinx anything so that's all I can say.

As for the Ukraine war, if you haven't noticed yet the powers that be have been trying to sell to the public 2 main ideas.
    1. we help them become self sufficient in providing weaponry on their own by helping them setting up the factories (assuming they can defend their air space 100% have a working infra structure etc... a plan that's set to fail)

2. we'll be sending troops to fight in the future. This is obvious since the Ukraine will fail so we'll be forced to step in.
    Biden said as much ~2 weeks ago and even the german chancellor said it ~2 days ago it could happen within the next 5 years. That's what we get for people talking BS about delivering that and that weapon will cause WWIII now we'll get it for sure.

Since they no longer receive things from the states France has stepped up production and deliveries, Britain signed new agreement on supply and today NATO signed guarantees for supply.
    The Ukraine already setup peace negotiation hosted by Switzerland this summer. They have no choice now. Even if they can't keep it up until then either. I already did calculations since last summer months ago on discord. Everything went as predicted so far as early as before the war so we are still on the OK side. Iran is the only party that could mess things up now but China already stepped in.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/24/2024, 1:58 pm

Like all wars the longer it goes on the murkier the reasons for it becomes. It basically has become another quagmire like Vietnam for both sides.
    The only people who are happy are the pro-war at any cost Dems and the Neocons as well as the arms dealers and what Ike called the Military-Industrial Complex. This comes of Presidents and other pols not listening to Eisenhower and MacArthur when one warned of the Military-Industrial Complex and the other of not getting involved in a land war in Asia ( I know Ukraine's not in Asia but the sentiment still applies...don't get involved in any war where you're unfamiliar with the territory or people).
    The two exceptions above would be Reagan and Trump, you can add Bush 41 as well since he had definite goals with Operation Desert Storm ( none of which was to topple Hussein).

Speaking of China: looks like Xi is going to be fit to be tied since Taiwan poked China in the eye by electing a pro-Independence candidate President. Another sign that Taiwan isn't China and doesn't want to be. They saw what happened to Hong Kong under Xi and don't want the same. Funny thing how many people are counting the Taiwanese out without thinking that the country has been defying the Communist Mainland for over seventy years, ever since Cheng Kai Shek and his Nationalists fled the mainland. I don't think in case of invasion the Taiwanese are going to take things sitting down.
    Neither would Japan or the Philipinnes since both would be next in line if Xi start feeling his oats after conquering Taiwan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 1:48 pm