Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4205
    Imperial Credits : 17903
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 8/14/2023, 12:43 pm

Since both Yuna Takamachi and Nanoha share a common surname, I wonder if they could be related...
    Not really but it would be interesting....

The casualty rate continues to rise in Maui.

Looks like Michigan is another State where the authorities are going to have a lot of explaining to do about the election. Gateway Pundit reported about 80,000 or so votes turn out to have been cast in '20 election that were ineligible and thus illegal, including votes by non-residents. It comes down to an organization called GBI that has ties to the Biden campaign.
    So maybe this is the real reason behind the Secretary of State for Michigan suddenly calling the
    alternative slate of electors illegal. Perhaps she's trying to hide the real law breaking of the
    Whitmer admin.and the Bidens.

Meanwhile we are into another hot day, but hope it will cool down.

My doctor appointment is the last week of the month and then nothing until Sept. 21 when I go back to the dentist.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/16/2023, 12:46 pm

I had to return some cards I found in our PO Box that were addressed to someone else, while there the
    man ahead of me was sending an important package. His, I think, grandson had lost his favorite "Binky"
    and he was sending it back to him. That's what grandpas do. Random Thought - Page 4 1f44d Random Thought - Page 4 1f44f

I think they should tell Hilary and Stacey Abrams to shut up about Trump and voter fraud since they
    still keeping yammering about it from their own failed elections. Especially Abrams, she wouldn't be
    such a big celeb if she hadn't made such a fuss over election in Ga.

Also it looks like the Marxists are trying to put the Constitution in the toilet by saying you can't protest election results or tell people to watch Conservative News Channels,or phone people about
    asking about elections....the level of stupditiy is Yuuuugggeee in this country when it comes to
    what is and isn't Constitutional any more.

Finally, karma can be a real female dog at times. The Marxists should really be carefully of what they wish for when it comes to Conservatives.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/18/2023, 1:31 pm

So now that I am done with I"S/ I"S Pure and what I have of Cowboy Bebop it's time to
    have a change of pace and go to Vividread Operation and High School of the Dead starting next Wed. and Th. nights.

I've been having cramps because of the heat lately and can't wait for it to cool off for good. Funny how in Winter we're always waiting for the Summer and in Summer for things to cool down in Winter.

Biden is spending billions on Ukraine but barely two million on Maui. $700 per household doesn't even
    put a dent into the amount most Hawaiians will need to pay the insurance companies for just putting windows back in.

Speaking of fires, an RV caught fire in our town and you could see the smoke coming from it from where we live. There was also a ten minute black out.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/21/2023, 3:19 pm

Medievalists.net has become my newest favorite blog.All about the Medieval period,but not just Europe from also other parts of the world as well.

They have some interesting topics ranging from every day life to the more arcane.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/23/2023, 12:51 pm

Try To Do That In A Small Town and Rich Men North Of Richmond are unpopular with the Elite simply because they reflect what the common American is thinking these days. What the common American is thinking has nothing to do with what the Elite want them to think or believe! Also many Americans would love to give the Elite the bird and tell 'em to" F**k Off!"
    I mean after all that has happened in this country since January 21, 2021....

Townhall had a summary of Tucker Carlson's latest episode on X (not to be confused with the Clamp series X).He interviewed an army Colonel who basically said the media has gotten the war in Ukraine all wrong. According to him sooner or later American troops will be fighting on Ukrainian soil because despite all the ballyhoo about Ukraine's Counter-Offensive all is not going well for the Ukrainian forces.

Certainly Russia seems to be holding it's own, especially when it comes to the skies over Ukraine.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/25/2023, 3:11 pm

I'm glad I watched the OVA for HSotD first because that way I already know that the main characters all survive to that point.

Wednesday I have my annual doctor appointment to renew my prescription. That means I can't eat until after I have my blood drawn. This time it's at 8:15, so I really don't have to wait too long.

The fires here, have hopefully, dwindled a bit since we have had rain the last couple of nights.

Maui is still a mess.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/28/2023, 1:23 pm

Tokyo is opening an anime hub.

The US, Japan and the Philippines are having joint naval operations off the Philippines, probably to counter the ones that China and Russia are having off Alaska.

Speaking of China, it's harassing Japanese companies and citizens in China over Fukushima Nuclear plant releasing water into the ocean.

Also Taiwan is having a Presidential election. Look forward to China's electoral interference.

It seems to be official that the head of the Wagner group is dead now. In his line of work he probably made plenty of enemies and not all named Vladimir Putin...just sayin'.

Getting back to home:
    Watched Mark Levin's show on Fox News yesterday. Would have been better if he didn't insist that the Dems have been trying to destroy America since 1835. As they say in the South: That Dog don't hunt.
    Every time someone on the Right tries to blame the Dems for all the problems in America for the past
    198 years or so they keep stepping on a rack.
    I agree that the Dem leadership of the past twenty years or so may be guilty, some what of steering
    the US into an iceberg, but anyone who is serious about History would, quite frankly, find the claim that they're responsible for all the ills since the Jackson administration ridiculous.
    The GOP is to blame for a great deal as well.
    Basically stop pointing fingers; both sides are just as equally at fault.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/30/2023, 12:56 pm

My dr. appointment today went pretty quick. Now I have to wait for the results, I also have to wait to hear when I have to have my next colonoscopy.

Re-reading DC's Zero Hour: Crisis In Time.

DC really loves having a Crisis every now and again...

Rain today so didn't have to water the plants.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/1/2023, 3:24 pm

I gave a small tour of our house to a neighbor cat, he wouldn't stop meowing so I let him in and walk around a bit. I didn't feed him though, since he was heavy enough, also didn't want him to keep showing up for a hand out.

Hope that the cat smell will deter the mice for a little while at least.

A month before Season/Volume 9 of RWBY comes out. Is there still going to be 10 volumes, if so only one left after this one.

In the UK a street preacher was arrested for "hate speech" for preaching from the Bible; also a Tory
    politician was suspended for defending another politician for taking the Biblical view of homosexuality.
    It should be noted that two of the men were Black and also that Black African Christians, including in the Anglican Community, tend to be more overtly conservative in their beliefs, both political and
    religious than their White counterparts.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/4/2023, 1:20 pm

I have a colonoscopy on the 28th of the month but still have to learn when I have to come in for it.
    Also may have to look for new health insurance, hopefully something that includes complete medical, dental and pharmacy.

RIP, Joe the Plumber.

Interesting now that rumors about Obama smoking crack and having gay sex are out, I wonder if it had been let out in 2008 whether or not he would have won the election.

Then again considering who controls the narrative and news, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/6/2023, 12:58 pm

Before everyone who hates Trump gets excited about using the 14th amendment they ought to read the full of section 3 and section 4 of the amendment, it kinda gives their efforts a buzz kill.
    The fact that is leveled against former Confederates and that the last sentence indicates that it can be overturned by an act of Congress makes it a bit weaker than what anti-Trumpers think:
    " But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

Section 4 goes on to say that basically the Federal government is not responsible for paying off the debt incurred by either the Confederat government or the separate States belonging to the Confederacy; nor will it pay for any claim made by former slaves owners after the emancipation of their slaves.

And finally Supreme Court Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase rendered a decision on the 14th amendment that has been precedent for over the last 150 years or so that makes the whole thing moot in any case.
    Chase was Lincoln's Secretary of the Treasury before being elevated to the Chief Justiceship by Lincoln, mainly to keep him out of political trouble!
    Also he was no friend of the CSA as he was one of Lincoln's former cabinet members that decided to
    torpedo the trial of former CSA President Jefferson Davis because no only would it have vindicated Davis and the South but it would also have of necessity opened a Pandora's Box concerning the actions of the Lincoln administration concerning the conduct of the war.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/8/2023, 3:37 pm

Speaking about evil: a Minnesota female politician who was against the police big time during the Floyd riots was attacked along with her two minor children in their drive way by car jackers. All of a sudden she starts to see that maybe police aren't necessarily all that bad.

Now that I have the date for my colonoscopy I still have to wait for the time. Last few times they had me go to the pharmacy and pick up this big old bottle of formula, this time I have to get sports drink and some laxatives to use the night before.

At least I'm getting it down sooner than later.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/11/2023, 12:53 pm

So maybe I should get the live action Cutey Honey series after seeing that Discotek has it now.
    aaaackkkkk!!!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

I'm so wishy washy when it comes to anime. Though I do think I still need suggestions for five titles I don't have yet.

Today is the day we should be remembering the brave men and women who helped (and some died) rescuing the survivors of 9/11.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/13/2023, 12:36 pm

Angel Studios is bringing out an anime series called Gabriel and the Guardians, it has a number of
    anime vets working on it including Johnny Yong Bosch.

The aim of the series is to concentrate on story telling and secondly on any message. This is refreshing difference from message first, story last.

An impeachment inquiry is different from an impeachment; this is just to see if there's enough to start actual impeachment preceedings against Biden, something different from the full barrel let's-impeach-him-now-and-worry-about-consequences-later process of the Dems against Trump.
    The first fall flat in the end both times; this time around McCarthy is being careful to make sure that
    everything is Constitutionally done.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/15/2023, 3:33 pm

I was thinking if reality was like a tv series here is how I would do some re-casting:

Joe Biden: replace him with Andy Rooney from 60 Minutes more of a loveable grump type.

Kamala Harris: how about Hallie Berry instead?

Donald Trump: Perhaps that guy that did The Apprentice?.... Random Thought - Page 4 1f600
    lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Melania Trump: Keep...this one is perfect for the part! Random Thought - Page 4 1f60d

Richard "Rachel" Levine: How about Gates McFadden since her character on Star Trek:The Next Generation, Dr. Beverly Crusher, was the ship's CMO.

Vivek Ramaswamy: replace with the actor who played Raj on The Big Bang Theory.

Major and Commander: Is Rin Tin Tin still around?

Chuck Schumer: Jamie Farr...being Majority Leader of the Senate might help our friend Klinger finally get that Section Eight he so longed for on M*A*S*H.

Nancy Pelosi: Phyllis Diller

Hunter Biden: Will Wheaton: That way everyone in the White House could go around all day shouting:
    "Shut Up Wesley!!!!" all the time!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pete Butiegig: Jim Parsons or better yet Jim Parsons character from The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon Cooper.

Kevin McCarthy: Let's be real the only man who can play the Speaker of the House is: William Shatner from the Star Trek years, I mean if Captain Kirk were leading the House we'd really get some work done.....

Jill Biden: Either June Lockhart or Barbara Billinglsy since both have expierences playing moms.

Mayorkas: Desi Arnaz...I mean if anyone knows anything about getting to America...
    Also in between press conferences he could play Babaloo.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/18/2023, 3:31 pm

Followed the links at Medieval Otaku to a site called I Drink And Watch Anime, despite the title not a bad blog. Very nicely arranged.

We seem to have been adopted by a neighborhood cat, she comes over every day to lie on our back deck and to share our company.
    I don't know who owns her but it seems she is very well taken care of.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/20/2023, 12:40 pm

Seriously with that trench coat the Chief was wearing in S 1 ep. 21 of Cat's Eye one would expect him to be saying something of "Ve're looking for Moose und Squirrel...." lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Though in these days I think everybody needs a good sense of humor.

Weird trivia bit: they say that Mick Jagger is only something like three or four months younger than Joe Biden. And yet the one still rocks the stage with oldies like Ruby Tuesday, Satisfaction,
    Paint It Black and others along with newer songs, and other can't say a single sentence without
    garbling a word or two and not making much sense.
    Maybe Mick should be President... Random Thought - Page 4 1f60b Random Thought - Page 4 1f60b Random Thought - Page 4 1f60b

At least that make Stones fans happy!!!! Razz Razz Razz Razz
    (I'm looking at you Eric Bolling.....)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/22/2023, 3:20 pm

There are obvious reasons why aliens may not want to contact humans directly. This would especially be true if they have been picking up our tv signals for the past 70 years or so.

On the other hand do we have the technology to pick up any similar signals from outer space and also decipher it so that it makes some coherent sense?

Prime numbers may be the scientific way of trying to contact alien intelligence but what if episodes of, say, The Price Is Right, are a faster means?

Then again maybe they're not contacting us because they're confused about My Mother The Car?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/25/2023, 12:49 pm

Three more days until I have my colonoscopy and then things will get back to normal or whatever passes for it these days.

Metv ran a three part All In The Family where Archie has a very brief affair and that causes him and Edith to temporarily split as a consequence. Though throughout the whole thing, which consisted of exactly a couple glasses of wine and one kiss, Archie was feeling guilty. He may be a bigot but Archie Bunker is still a very moral man who loves his wife of nearly thirty years and realizes the mistake he's making even when he's making it.

In other words it was a totally different side than the usual that we see of him.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/27/2023, 12:41 pm

So looks like the next episode of Cat's Eye is going to be an Ai episode. The whole thing about the sisters committing thefts raises the question as to why good, honest and law abiding people will at times
    commit crimes. For the sisters it's a simple reason: they need the artwork they steal in order to find out what happened to their father; for someone else it might be for some other reason.
    For example Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor because the Saxons were being oppressed by heavy taxes by the Normans (at least that is what the stories say).

Then again there is the question of where does one draw the line, i.e. where does obeying the law become a sin and disobedience becomes necessary in order to obey God?
    I think the line is where Government takes on itself the attributes of God and therefore desires and orders the common citizen to worship and act towards it as if it were God. A good example of that is
    Rev.13 where Government of the Beast orders people to not only worship it but to take a specific step to identify with it= the Mark of the Beast.

When Government then forgets its place and thinks of itself (especially in a blasphemous way) as God
    it is then the right of the citizen, whether Christian or not or Religious or not, to oppose the Government and in so doing indicate that the Government is thus null and void.
    To disobey such a government is obedience to God. And thus in such a way good people may commit
    against such a government pacific acts that might be construed as " crimes" but other wise wouldn't.

Ok...so that has nothing to do with Cat's Eye per se other than to show why sometimes disobedience to government in a peaceful manner may be construed as obedience to God at times and also why good people can and do at times do things that may be thought of as criminal.

Though there are times when the Government crosses the line and starts being overly oppressive and strict where all pacific measures have been used to protest it but it responds in force that counter-force may be necessary and a revolution needed to replace the existing government, but before that
    peaceful secession must first be tried.

Ok...so rant over.

btw: the sisters are a bit naive when it comes down to it, as there might be other ways they could
    locate their father without committing any crimes.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/29/2023, 2:44 pm

My colonoscopy went well yesterday, I don't have any polyps this time around and so I won't have to come back until 2028. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I keep thinking that it may partly be due to the fact that they might have been caused in the first place by too much medication as it seems when I went down from three times a day to two they decreased in number and now that I'm down to only once a day they seem to have gone. But we shall see.

The GOP debates lately seemed to be not worth the watch. From what I hear and read the second debate was so bad that Dana Perino of FNC instead of asking for final comments asked them to play a game of Survivor....Really... Not only do we expect more from out political candidates, we also expect more from our moderators.
    Too bad Tucker Carlson and Eric Bolling aren't on FNC any more, if those two were the moderators we might have gotten some real meat in the questioning.

P.S. ignore the code. I accidentally pushed the button by mistake. Guess I was doing a Himawari!!!! Random Thought - Page 4 1f601 Random Thought - Page 4 1f60b Random Thought - Page 4 1f604 Random Thought - Page 4 1f604
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/2/2023, 1:40 pm

Getting back to Flay's death in Gundam Seed, I'm not forgetting about all the other people on that shuttle that died with her, though as she was one of the main characters her death of course had much more of an impact.

Last Friday I went and got some more comics to reward myself for surviving both the dentist and the
    colonoscopy.
    This time around I got the following:
    1.Captain America vol. 1 #308
    2.Fantastic Four vol.1 #215
    3.The Punisher 2019 # 15
    4.Marvel's Civil War II #1
    5.Justice League of America #34
    6.Justice League of America #35
    7.Sovereign Seven 1995 Annual #1
    8.Sovereign Seven #10
    9.Green Arrow 2016 #9
    10. Catwoman 1993 #3
    11.Catwoman 1993 #4

This is the first time in quite awhile that I have added anything to my Catwoman comics collection. The Sovereign Seven I hadn't read any before. What's interesting is it was co-created by Chris Claremont who was most noted for his work on the X-Books over at Marvel.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/4/2023, 2:11 pm

Got both my Covid 19 and Flu Shot today at Safeway when I went to get my medicine.

McCarthy's ouster wasn't popular with any in the GOP, so looks like Matt Gaetz is going to be very unpopular with the rest of the Conference for now. Except for the 8 who sided with Gaetz all the rest of the GOP voted "NO!"

I think Gaetz probably lost Trump's support for now at least.

Meanwhile Commander Biden has now bitten at least 13 people. IF he were a Pitbull he'd been put down after the first one. The Biden dogs really need either to be put down or get better training. I really don't think they have much of any or else the people who are handling them aren't doing a good job.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/6/2023, 3:24 pm

RIP Dick Butkus one of NFL's greats. They don't make 'em like him any more. Sad Sad Sad

Speaking of NFL, I was watching Inside The NFL on the CW Tuesday night and they showed highlights of the Eagles game where the coach was congratulating a player from the other team on a well done play. That's what it should be all about: sportsmanship no matter which team you're on or rooting for.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/9/2023, 12:30 pm

Columbus Day or Indigenious Peoples Day today. Though they don't explain what they actually mean by
    Indigenius people. If they simply put American in front it would make a lot more sense to the point they're trying to make. I think though if you really want to make sense and rename Columbus Day rename it Discoverers and Explorers Day. That way you could honor more men than simply Columbus; you could also honor Leif Ericson and Lewis and Clark as well. Just a thought.

Whatever you call it, it's still a no mail day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 12:32 am