Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19030
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Random Thought - Page 31 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by Almael 10/4/2021, 7:14 pm

Good. Was about time you get your shots. This winter will be critical in various ways. We'll see how the Lampda, Mu perform, likely they are worse than Delta. Due to the (russian) wild fires this year combined with covid slowed down traffic this winter likely will be worse (colder) than last year.

Well, my opinion stands and seem to get confirmation by the day... those private space endeavors are not as safe as NASA.
    The cases/issues being:
    Virgin Galactic: the alarms going off and ignored, off-course during the first commercial flight.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-red-warning-light-on-richard-bransons-space-flight
    Blue Origin: unsafe R&D decisions and toxic culture (no surprise based on long history of Amazon problems)
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09/former-blue-origin-employees-decry-safety-and-sexist-culture-at-the-company/

As always safety rules and procedures will be paid and written in blood. The question is: Will you benefit or will you contribute?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17935
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 10/6/2021, 1:04 pm

That's a good question about safety. Though NASA has certainly has had it's fair shares of disasters:
    Apollo 13 and Challenger are just the tip of that ice berg.

Sent in my order for Gakko School Live, Another Story. Since this was the first time ordering with my new debit card I had to go through several times before I got things right. At least it wasn't like the last time when I forgot the new security number. This time it was mainly trying to update the expiration date.

The Seattle Kraken ended the NHL pre-season with a 4-2 record. Basically they split with Edmonton and Calgary and swept Vancouver. Yesterday's final was 4-0.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/8/2021, 3:34 pm

Welp according to the doctor's office I'm good for another year. Very Happy Random Thought - Page 31 1f64b

Looks like Team Biden should invest in some aqua gear as they are so down in the polls now that they'd need a diving bell just to keep from sinking further.

I see the new live action Cutie Honey series is going to be available at Right Stuf....another thing I have to save my money for.

Wed. I have my dental appointment at noon afterwards I hope to get more comics.

Getting both doctor and dentist out of the way helps...so I can spend the rest of what's left of the year without worrying about either.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/11/2021, 3:32 pm

Dentist Wed. at Noon. Crying or Very sad Random Thought - Page 31 1f601

At least I get both the doctor and dentist done with this month. The doctor I don't have to go back to until next year. I also have to see about my prescription if it's in yet.

I changed my avvie this time to Maya from EVA.

Speaking of people named Maya, I wonder how many people remember the old series about the elephant named Maya? IIRC Lucille Ball's son Desi Arnaz, Jr. starred in it.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/13/2021, 6:45 pm

Dentist at noon today. Everything went well, except I misplaced the receipt.
    Went to get some more comics afterwards and got the following:
    1. DS9 #15 (Malibu)
    2.DS9 #20 (Malibu)
    3.Spider-man 2099 #8
    4.Spider-man 2099 #12
    5.Ironman #32
    6.Ironman #35
    7.The Incredible Hulk #375
    8.The Incredible Hulk #377
    9.The Savage She-Hulk #3
    10.Firestorm #2
    11.Firestorm #4
    12.Firestorm #5
    13.Doom Patrol #1 (1987)
    14.Doom Patrol #2 (1987)
    15.Doom Patrol #13 (1987)
    16.Doom Patrol #14 (1987)

I hope that my prescription comes through this week or by next Wednesday at the latest as I don't know what I can do. I went to the pharmacy yesterday and they told me they hadn't gotten it yet and so I had to call the clinic and they hadn't sent it yet.
    We shall see...

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/15/2021, 2:29 pm

Rain today. Been raking when it has been good outside. We have a family of deer that comes every day or so to graze on our lawn. Though it has been dry because of the drought earlier in the Summer. Speaking of drought etc. looks like the California fires are near the Reagan Ranch now.

Also watched Newsmax yesterday night and they say it's even worse on the Mexican border as the Cartels are coming heavily armed to 80 miles across the border and attacking. Sounds like whoever is in charge in Washington DC should do what President Wilson did and send the Army and Marines in to help protect the border and if necessary go into Mexico and confront the Cartels in battle.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/18/2021, 3:09 pm

As more and more revelations about Jan. 6 and Ashli Babbit's murder comes out the more it appears that the oligarchy is involved in some deep cover up and conspiracy against the truth. What is really amazing is how the MSM wants us to believe there's nothing to see here, even though the account of eye witnesses and security camera video says otherwise. Also mighty odd that the FBI and DOJ seem to be so deeply involved.

In lighter news: George Takei continues his illogical attacks against William Shatner trying to troll "Captain Kirk" after his successful flight in space. Apparently "Sulu" has not learned anything from the past 50 or more years that you don't troll our good Captain! Random Thought - Page 31 1f60b

For some reason every time I turn on Root Sports expecting NHL hockey they're showing either Portland NBA basketball or some local college football. Mad

Ok once we have all the Red States and Red Portions of Blue States seceded what will we call our new nation?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/20/2021, 12:50 pm

The two Ironman comics I got were both priced originally at .15, which means for the cost of $56
    back then you could've gotten two cartons worth of comics.

I noticed that nobody has mentioned the D word lately: Depression. With the way things are going a Recession will be the least of our worries as we may be headed to another Depression, one that would make the 1930s look like boom times by comparison.

I watched a rerun of Finding Your Roots yesterday. The guests were Don Lemon and Gretchen Carlson. Turns out that Carlson wasn't 100% Swedish as her family thought, she also had a good deal of Norwegian and a bit of Finnish as well. Funny thing since Swedes and Norwegians have a rivalry going, she said the fact there was Norwegian in the family was going to not be a good surprise in her family. Random Thought - Page 31 1f60b Random Thought - Page 31 1f606

Speaking of Finding Your Roots I read an old interview that Prof. Gates had with NPR. Interesting enough when he was testing his own DNA it turned up that his paternal line was from Ireland and his maternal from England. Or as he stated he came from a White Man who slept with a Black Woman and a White Woman who slept with a Black Man. Though he was able later to discover through another DNA test that his African roots were close to what he expected.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/22/2021, 3:32 pm

So how many people are actually bothering to watch the CNN Town Halls with Joe Biden aside from the Press who has to cover them any ways?

Twitchy reported that the cinematographer and director for Alec Baldwin's new Western Rust were accidentally shot; the cinematographer was killed. According to what was said some how live ammo got placed into the prop gun. Supposedly prop guns are made in such a way that live ammo shouldn't be able to fit.

Watched some of the Dodgers/ Braves game turned it off before the 9th inning since the Dodgers were already ahead 11-2.

The last I looked the RahXephon steel box was around $99 at Rightstuf, still too rich f Random Thought - Page 31 1f625 or my blood, but still want to get it so I can have the complete series. Not so sure about the movie though.
    It's been awhile and I probably will need tissues for Asahina's big death scene. Sad

Aside from that I still want to finish Neon Genesis Evangelion Rebuild Movies; Girls Und Panzer; Yuki Yuna Is An Hero and K'ON.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/25/2021, 3:31 pm

SF is getting so bad that even the assistant DAs who lean toward Progressive side are now leaving the DA's office and joining the effort to recall him.

We have had rain yesterday and into the night. Was better today but still cold and wet out.

Finishing what I have of theNeon Evangelion Genesis: Raising Shinji Ikari Project next Sunday with volume five of the Omnibus.

I think I will read what I have of Urusei Yatsura next.

The early issues of DC's Firestorm are interesting in that when Professor Stein and Ronny Raymond are separated from Firestorm, Ronny remembers everything but the Professor doesn't.
    This seems to have changed over time since later on they both have memories of what they did when they combined. Also #2 shows that they can combine even when they're miles apart.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/27/2021, 1:08 pm

I looked up Roots sports today to see why we aren't getting any NHL hockey. Apparently it's up to the indiviual local provider as to what will air or not air. This for hockey fans sucks if your local provider doesn't want to air hockey. But I wonder why they suddenly decided not to do so since they aired the pre-season.

Speaking of which if it were possible I think I would rather drop Roots Sports and if I could replace it with the Minnesota sports network so I could at least watch my favorite teams more often.

Virginia gubnatorial race is looking to be too close to call at the moment.

Georgian sports fans are now laughing in the face of the MLB for cancelling the All Star Game in Atlanta, not only because the Braves are in the World Series but also because they now lead the series 1-0. If the Braves win it will be great to see Atlanta fans give it to the baseball establishment.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/29/2021, 3:12 pm

Youngkin is now 8% points up in the Virginian governor's race with only three days to go before voting.
    He was down by as much as 30% in the Summer, but then that what's happens when you have a candidate that says parents shouldn't have a say in their children's education.

Let's Go Brandon! should be the GOP slogan for 2022 and 2024, no matter who's running.

I'm loving the characters of Negative Woman, Elastic Woman and Celsius from The Doom Patrol.
    So far Elastic Woman is still, as far as the rest of the characters go, dead. (This is the 1980s version)

Kraken played the Wild yesterday, have to check to see which team won still.

We're in the black out region for Seattle Kraken hockey, which doesn't make sense since we still get Mariners and Sounders games. The only reason I can think of is because apparently we're in the Golden Knights broadcast zone and even then some of the games appear to be blacked out.
    The only compensation is that I can catch the games on TNT.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/1/2021, 3:27 pm

Vikings lost 20-16 yesterday on Sunday Night Football. Just another sign of what type of season it has been for Minnesota.... Random Thought - Page 31 1f62b

According to the Conservative Libertarian news site Liberty Nation, a lot of white college age students are faking minority status in order to get preferential treatment. Most pretend they're native American
    thus following the pattern set by Sen. Warren.

November and it has gotten cold here. Also saw some frost on the leaves I put in the compost pile.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/3/2021, 12:57 pm

Congrats to the Braves! cheers cheers cheers

McAuliffe made two basic errors in losing to Youngkin:
    1) Making it about Trump probably got lots of Virginians start to contrast Trump and Biden, especially their economic policies and that's not something you want to do if you happen to be a Democrat. Yeah,he was trying to paint both Youngkin and Trump as racists...but the only people who believe that are the ones who believe in the 81,000,000 votes for Biden and that the 2020 election was fair and honest.

2) saying that parents had no right to have a say in their children's education. This was the big one that really screwed the vote in favor of Youngkin. Probably a lot of voters who were tending toward McAuliffe switched because of this boner.

Meanwhile our town had a election for mayor and it looks like the challenger (who happens to own the local funeral home) is so far in a landslide over the incumbent: 337-87.

I see on the TNT NHL schedule that next week they'll be showing the Wild game and the week after that the Kraken.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/6/2021, 3:24 pm

I don't know but it seems the forum had problems yesterday when I tried to log in. Thankfully it's working today.

So it's the RahXephon steelbox set that includes the movie. No wonder it's expensive even with
    the cut in price. If I do manage to get it I'll see the movie first before the series as their totally different; especially in their treatment of Qoun.

I don't think the latest Biden Mandate will stand up to much scrutiny as the President or anyone assuming to call themselves President (whether they legtimately are or not) cannot tell private businesses and enterprises how to operate. Further telling employers that their employees must be vaccinated is beyond the pale of what OSHA was meant for.

This past week I read: Strange Science, it's a compilation of true but odd, strange and even weird science stories and facts.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/8/2021, 4:07 pm

Got the plastic out to cover the sliding doors today. It's about that time of year again. Don't know when we will get the first snow though. Had to go to Safeway to get some carrots and bananas for my mom.
    Turns out in Washington and Oregon you have to pay to get the durn paper bag! Random Thought - Page 31 1f62c
    I didn't know we had been conquered by the Ferengi!

Can't wait for Wednesday as it will be my chance to get to finally see the Wild play and next Wednesday the Kraken. Only wish our Roots Sports station actually aired NHL. At least Vegas games, as that way I'd be able to at least see Kraken play twice a year.

I've seen the ads for the new Blade Runner animated series on Adult Swim. Wonder how good it will turn out to be and how much of an influence Ghost In The Shell will turn out to be.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/10/2021, 1:56 pm

Supergirl ended its run yesterday. Overall I think the entire series deserves a B or B- rating.
    It had it's good points but also a lot more bad ones as well. AFAIG with the finale: I think it felt more like the writers were throwing darts at ideas and just trying to see what they could come up with. The whole thing with Lex and Nyxy seemed overly rushed. I wished they'd have kept Lex around so he could guest on Superman & Lois after all he is Clark's archnemesis!.
    Though I can see the writers on S & L finding a way to bring him back from the Phantom Zone.

We got good news for our church today: we finally have a candidate for pastor! Very Happy
    It's been two years and what with Covid 19 and one thing and another it has been hard to find someone willing to come and minister to our church....But now that we have one and he's living in the area, it looks like, hopefully, our search is finally over.

Speaking of things that look to be finally over: it looks like for now the Kyle Rittenhouse trial may be coming to an end thanks for the Prosecution helping the Defense do their job! Random Thought - Page 31 1f60b  Random Thought - Page 31 1f645
    At first it looked like the Prosecution's star witness was going to really wreck the Defense but during cross examination by the Defense he actually wrecked the entire Prosecution's case! Laughing
    It was so bad that one of the Prosecutors did a face palm during the cross exam!!!! Random Thought - Page 31 1f639
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/12/2021, 3:36 pm

More rain today. Waiting to hear from the plumber, our bathroom sink is clogged up and so the water won't go all the way down properly.

The judge in the Kyle Rittenhouse case keeps giving the prosecutor the what for. Interestingly the judge was appointed by a Democrat!

Yeah, Biden's shown by other words and actions that he's pretty much a racist, but using the word negro to describe Satchel Page isn't the hill I'd die on. After all the context was about Page's career as a pitcher including in the Negro Leagues.

Then again when I was growing up Blacks were usually called either Negroes or Coloreds still...

Overall we are loosing more and more of our Freedoms. The Freedom of Speech is all but gone now and so is the Freedom of Religion and as the 1/6 Defendants show so has Habeas Corpus and the right to Bail if you happen to be on the wrongside of the political aisle.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/15/2021, 1:58 pm

Hopefully the jury will find Kyle Rittenhouse not guilty; if not then self defense no longer has a meaning in this country any more. At least the Governor of Wisconsin is getting ready for the obvious backlash of riots from Black Lives Matter and Antifa.

FWIW: one of the men in our church used to work in the Forestry Service and since it's part of the Bureau of Land Management or BLM, he prefers not to refer to the rioters as BLM because to him the REAL BLM is the department he used to work for.

Saw the first commercial for Netflix' live action version of Cowboy Bebop during the Seahawks game yesterday. So far looks great. The ad ends with the famous phrase at the beginning of Tank: "Let's blow this town!"
    Wonder how many fans of the anime are going to watch and then how many who are watching it for the first time will get curious enough to watch the original anime.
    Also wondering if they'll end every episode with a tagline like in the anime.

Anywho's looks like Fall is here to stay.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/17/2021, 1:50 pm

Interestingly there's a scene in ep. 45 of Eureka 7 where Maurice is threatening Renton with the rifle. When he puts it down and Renton picks it up Renton holds it the correct way: down and facing away from the others. He also has his hand away from the trigger so he doesn't fire accidentally.
    Hey, if they could get it right in an anime how come an actor who probably has supposedly handled firearms a dozen of times in various movies and a DA in front of a jury couldn't get it right in real life?

So the latest Congressional tempest in a teapot is Republican Representative from Arizona Gosar using a meme based on the opening from Attack On Titan as a satire. I guess it does matter what side of the political aisle your own when it comes to using memes to satirize, parody or spoof the other side.

BTW: Freedom of Speech also applies to speech we find personally offensive and objectionable as well as that which we agree with; this is why even a Jewish lawyer allowed that the Nazis had a right to march in Skokie, Ill. even though a lot of the inhabitants at the time were Jews and some were Holocaust survivors.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/19/2021, 4:17 pm

It snowed overnight and it wasn't that nice soft kind that's easy to shovel, it was that hard stuff that makes your back ache after only a few minutes.

Watched the Kraken play the Blackhawks on Wednesday night on TNT. Even though Seattle looked like they lost it was still fun.

Also been thinking how dumb the NBA seems now that the NHL has a nice new arena in Seattle.

They kept saying that it was impossible to build a new arena in Seattle to replace Key Arena. Welp, the Kraken ownership somehow managed it...

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/22/2021, 4:19 pm

Saving my money so I can order the Rahxephon steelbox if it's still around, for Christmas.

I think at this point a 6 year old could give Joe Biden and company a sound lecture on the economy and finances in general; as 6 year olds seem to know more about it than the people who are currently running the country. In fact most people who aren't in government probably know more about the economy and finances than the people currently in charge.

We get to hear the candidate for the new minister for our church this coming Sunday. Then comes the vote on the following Sunday. So...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/24/2021, 4:47 pm

Happy Turkey Day tommorrow! Random Thought - Page 31 1f645 Random Thought - Page 31 1f645 Random Thought - Page 31 1f645

It's possible this might be one of the last Thanksgivings before the inevitable split occurs. The question now is which Conservative part of the country will Secede first, and what will the fake president do about it?

The Left still has it's panties in a knot over the Rittenhouse verdict.

I think if the Right wants to return Constitutionalism to America it has to stop pandering to whatever the other side wants.

I really don't understand how saying a MLB HOF who played for most of his career in the Negro Leagues a Negro is any way racist; then again I still don't understand why using the word Oriental to describe Japanese, Koreans and Chinese is racist either. Then again I never do understand Wokeness.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/26/2021, 1:38 pm

Cowboys lost in overtime to the Raiders: 36-33.

Still thinking of ordering the RahXephon Steelbox for Christmas but not quite yet. I'm at the point where it doesn't matter when I order as I'm not in a hurry the way I used to be. Since I do have ep.1-5
    already IF I can't get the Steelbox set I still have at least some of RahXephon in my collection. The only difference being this is the complete series plus movie.

The same goes for the other titles I want to get, even if I can't get them I still have them represented in my collection. It's just that it be nice to complete titles like:RahXephon, K'ON,Girls Und Panzer and Yuki Yuna Is A Hero. Though whatever happens I still plan on finishing up
    both RWBY and the EVA Rebuild movies. Though as far as the latter goes I will probably be dead by the time it's released in North America on DVD/BD considering how things went with the last three. Rolling Eyes Random Thought - Page 31 1f621
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/29/2021, 1:33 pm

We finally had a pastoral candidate preach yesterday; though during the q and a afterwards a couple of members got upset because his from the Disciples of Christ which is a lot more conservative theologically. It some how devolved from a q and a session to some how about LGBT. Evil or Very Mad
    Personally I don't think we can afford to be too picky and this is the best chance we have got to get a new minister. If not we might be waiting another two or three or even four years as candidates for pastoring our church aren't exactly beating down the door.

November has gone from cold and snow to now where we have 40-50 degrees and rain here.

Watching the Green Lantern tonight. Interesting to watch Ryan Reynolds before Deadpool. I also caught the last part of Jurassic World yesterday on Nat Geo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 10:25 pm