Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4199
    Imperial Credits : 17883
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 11/22/2023, 4:18 pm

Monday watched the sub of S 1 ep. 4 of Kaleido Star: As the cast of Kaleido Stage start working on the new Cinderella storyline Mia comes up with a plan that will give her, Anna and Sora a chance to be part of the story; Marion and her father are also introduced.

Tuesday S 1 ep. 30 of Cat's Eye: the sisters discover that the object of their latest heist as been
    stolen by an international art theft ring that is using a new expensive and exclusive sports club as a front.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 11/24/2023, 4:29 pm

Wed. S 9 ep. 2 of RWBY: Team RWBY goes to town searching for Yang's missing arm.
    I also watched the second Chibi RWBY, which featured Cinder at a Speed Dating event, and
    the second RWBY Fairy Tale, which told two different versions of the origins of the Faunus.

Th. S 1 ep. 15 of Little Busters: Riki is blackmailed into taking part in the girls' slumber party.

Comment: Rin has got to be the cleanest girl in all of anime after taking two baths in a row!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/27/2023, 1:25 pm

Friday watched ep. 12 the finale of Nuku Nuku tv: Nuku Nuku must sacrifice herself in order to save her friends, family and the Earth.

Comment: And she still can't get Chieko's last name right, though this time it was on purpose! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Saturday ep. 10 of Tenjho Tenge: Maya begins telling her backstory.

Sunday ep. 5 of NieA___7: The bath house tries to raise money with a classic arcade game tournament.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/29/2023, 1:45 pm

Monday watched the raw of ep. 4 of Crest of the Stars.

Tuesday watched S 1 ep. 31 of Cat's Eye, Hitomi is kidnapped by a rival thief.

Comment: It's interesting that her SOS messages are in English.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/1/2023, 4:40 pm

Wed. S 9 ep. 3 of RWBY: Team RWBY must defeat the sadistic and cruel Red Prince at his own game; Neapolitan makes her first appearance.

Th. S 1 ep. 16 of Little Busters: After being caught breaking the rules one more time, Haruka reveals the truth of her relationship to Katana.

Comment: Except for the hair style and eye color the twins do look alike, a fact that Katana uses in a later episode to fool Riki with.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/4/2023, 6:09 pm

Friday ep. 5 of Geneshaft, a Ring infiltrates the Bilkis and begins to clone various personnel starting with Tiki.

Comment: It's not stated how Hiroto knew that Beatrice was a Ring-Clone and not the real Beatrice.

Saturday ep. 11 of Tenjho Tenge, as the flashback continues the truth of Mana's relationship with
    Shin is revealed.

Sunday ep. 6 of NieA___7, a rival bath house in the alien crater.

Comment: Yep, that plant was some type of marijuana, which explains Ginzo and Chiaki's being stoned at the end.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/6/2023, 1:51 pm

Monday started my re-watch of the EVARebuild movies with 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone.

Comment: Still bit angry that they replaced Amanda Winn Lee as Rei/Pen Pen, but at least they chose a good replacement for her.

Tuesday S 1 ep. 32 of Cat's Eye: a dangerous trap involving wild animals at a new museum is sprung.

Comment: This reminded me of an episode from The Wild Wild West, what with the wild animals and hidden machine guns.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/8/2023, 1:39 pm

Wed. watched S 9 ep. 4 of RWBY: While searching for a way to bring Yang, Blake and Weiss back to size team RWBY confronts their indiviual doubts and demons.

Comment: Also watched Chibi RWBY and RWBY Fairy Tale #4 respectively. The first featured our fave bunny rabbit faunus Velvet and the second was basically a warning of how fairy tales go wrong as it was a retellng of the story of Salem's origins told from her pov.

Th. saw the dub of S 1 ep 17 of Little Busters: Haruka decides to confront Show Saigusa to see if he really is her father.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/11/2023, 1:34 pm

Friday the sub of ep. 6 of Geneshaft: the Bilkis crew encounter time lost astronauts from the 21st
    century.

Saturday ep. 12 of Tenjho Tenge: Shin's wild spree continues as he reunites with his mentor.

Sunday ep. 7 of NieA___7: NieA hears voices coming from the mother ship and Mayuko is invited to a group date by Chiaki.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/13/2023, 1:38 pm

Monday re-watched Neon Genesis Evangelion 2.02 dubbed.
    And now Mari is introduced the first original character in the Rebuild series of movies.

Comment: Mari's personality is a bit like what Asuka would be if she didn't have such a crappy childhood.

Tuesday S 1 ep. 33 of Cat's Eye: Toshi finally proposes to Hitomi! The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 1f60d

Comment: Once Hitomi leaves the painting behind and takes only the frame I figured out it was about the frame and not the painting, even though I was surprised that it turned out Rui was the only one who knew it,and had left her two younger sisters out of the loop.
    Then again since the frame was a gift from their mother to their father it probably had sentimental
    value than anything else.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/15/2023, 4:46 pm

Wed. S 9 ep. 5 of RWBY: Weiss, Blake and Yang return to normal size just in time to help fight off the Jabberbeast.

Th. S 1 ep. 18 of Little Busters: The twins reconcile and finally meet their parents.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18994
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/15/2023, 8:30 pm

For many reason I haven't watched anime for awhile for but I just saw
    Rurounin Kenshin has been remake and airing now... currently at episode 24.
    The improvements are in the art style being more mature/natural than comical/chibi like the original TV show.
    Not sure how long this will go on. I'm guessing they are cutting the extra anime only stories from the past show version and keeping more closely to the manga. So it's likely not end up being 90-100 episodes or so like last time.
    But if they also cover the OVA/movies/special past stories it might still up as long. I'll bet at least 2x24 episodes likely 3x24 episodes.

There are some other "good" shows based on manga/novels airing now like
    The shield hero season3
    Spy x Family season2or3?
    Sousou no Frieren season1
    Gobling slayer season2or3?

Just checking the yearly listing is overwhelming although the listing is heavily skewed by having chinese anime&3D releases as well as special song compilation...
    But the annual release number seems pretty much stable between 1000 and 1200.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/18/2023, 2:02 pm

On Friday I finished what I have with ep. 7 of Geneshaft and so on to Haruka Nogizaka's Secret S 1 this Friday.

Saturday watched the dub of ep. 13 of Tenjho Tenge a lot of questions about Isuzu's ability to hide her actual form with her chi.

Sunday ep. 7 of NieA____7 and the Melancholy of Mayuko Chiagaski. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hmmm....and now suddenly I thinking of Bodacious Space Pirates.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/20/2023, 2:06 pm

Monday watched the third Eva Rebuild movie: after being revived while being in suspended animation for the past 14 years, Shinji learns he's persona non grata.

Comments: 1) Misato really can hold a grudge!!!!!... I mean Shinji only started the Third Impact...
    2) As I was watching the last few minutes I got to thinking: "it always comes down to the three of them, don't it?": Rei, Shinji and Asuka.

Tuesday ep. 34 of Cat's Eye: With Toshi figuring out finally that Cat's Eye is stealing only art by
    Michael Heinz, Rui plans a theft that will take him off their track.

Comment: And the twist in this episode was that the painting that they steal actually was one painted by their father! It turns out that it was painted over by another artist. Also Toshi arrests the owner for counterfeiting and illegal arms possession.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/22/2023, 4:01 pm

Wed. S 9 Ep 7 of RWBY: Jaune reveals the true story of Alyx, the girl whose story they think they're reliving.

Comment: Welp....at least the whole Blake/Yang thing was done in a tasteful manner,although if it had to be done I think Blake/Weiss would've been more interesting considering how much Weiss despised
    Faunus at the beginning of the series...

Th. S 1 Ep 19 of Little Busters: The rest of the Little Busters try to help Kud with studying for the National Exams.

Comment: Kud's VA does a good job in trying to show her foreignness through her accent...it just makes her even more cuter as a character.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/25/2023, 5:00 pm

Friday S 1 ep. 1 of Haruka Nogizaka's Secret: Yuuto unintentionally discovers that popular girl
    Haruka is a secret otaku and promises to keep her secret.

Saturday ep. 14 of Tenjho Tenge: Shin loses the battle.

Comment: A lot of symbolism dealing with butterflies (Young Maya wants to be one) and moths (Shin sees himself as one).

Sunday ep.9 of NieA___7: As Mayuko's melancholy continues Niea goes looking for food to help her feel better.

Comment: Just looked up the characters and Japanes and NA casts...so Mayuko is played by our
    favorite Abh!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/27/2023, 4:20 pm

Monday EVA 3.0+ 1.11: The movie series finale.

Comment: Overall I would give the first two ReBuild movies A+, the third one an A and the fourth one a
    A-/B+. Not bad, though I was disappointed that the girl that Shinji ends up with was Mari and not Asuka.
    Maybe the next time when someone decides to do an anime of the Angelic Days manga?!.
    Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Tuesday S 1 ep. 35 of Cat's Eye: With Toshi nearly figuring out the connection between Heinz and Cat's Eye Rui has to come up with a plan to discredit him.

Comment: Clever the way Toshi and Asatani are able to deduce that the location of Heinz' landscape would help to lead them to the identity of Cat's Eye.

One more episode left and the to S 2!!!!!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18994
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/28/2023, 1:49 pm

Sousou no Frieren
    Season1 has ended but I'ven't watched it all yet. Same name as the manga I've posted about before (more than 3 years ago, can't find it)
    Anyhow, it's about an elf (Frieren) who backtracks her past journey with the hero party in defeating the Demon lord (and trying to reach a place said to allow you to meet the deceased's ghost). It's a journey of memory and (re-)discover her (dead) friends and associates. Along the way she takes in her/their apprentices etc.
    I like it because of the story and it kind of like looking at Lafiel's future. On one hand it's a sad story yet an adventure of memories and new future. (She cleans up their mess or takes care of unfinished business along the way.)
    The anime is a work of art albeit simple rather than classic movie quality art. It's more visible or pronounced than the manga here....skillfully adjusted to the scenes. Story wise it seems to follow the manga in everything. Each episode covers about 2 stories. So there might be some abridged but I dunno. It's been too long since I last read it.
    I had hoped to see more about her master but nope.
    It's more of a nostalgia type of show so it might not be for everyone, though, it has some action.
    Frieren said the 10 year adventure was just about 1% of her lifetime. From the story it seems to me the elves in this world have 10000 years of life, though.

Tearmoon Teikoku Monogatari
    Season1 has ended but I'ven't watched it all yet. It's a lightweight comedy but the composition, timely arrangement is superb. It's a return-to-past-after death type of story where the heroine tries to escape her future demise combined with the misunderstood-jump_to_conclusion heroine type of story. It's no serious, a bit shallow but entertaining (maybe not that much), not quiet comedic, yet fun. Probably not as good as some others.
    Not a must watch show but still worth the time.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/29/2023, 4:27 pm

Wed. S 9 Ep 7 of RWBY: Ruby has an emotional break down.

Th. S 1 Ep 20 of Little Busters: Rin and Riki have to play matchmaker...only to find out the boy invovled has a crush on is Rin's archnemesis!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/1/2024, 4:57 pm

Friday S 1 Ep 2 of Haruka Nogizaka's Secret: Yuuto and Haruka go on a "Not-Date" date to Akhibara where Yuuto literally runs into Shiina.

Saturday Ep 15 of Tenjho Tenge: Shin decides to officially terminate the Katana Club and passes the torch.

Sunday Ep 10 of NieA____7: Mayuko goes shopping for groceries with Chia and later discovers that NieA has disappeared.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/3/2024, 1:32 pm

No anime on Monday night instead I watched Abbott & Costello in Africa Screams where the boys go on an African Safari with Shemp and Joe Besser and also Max Baer, Sr.

Comment: Personally when it comes to the Three Stooges I'm more of a Curly fan myself.
    The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 1f60b The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 1f60b The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 1f60b

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 11 1f60b

Tuesday watched S 1 Ep 36, the season finale of Cat's Eye: a painting leads the Kisurugi sisters to travel to Paris in search of their father.

And so on to S 2 next week.

Comment: Cat's Eye is going to have to go somewhere on my Top 50 if not my Top 30 list of favorite anime. It's now one of my favorite '80s anime along with KOR.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/5/2024, 4:38 pm

I think if part 4 of Girls Und Panzer, Das Finale is out or at least on pre-order I'll order it when I visit Rightstuf/Crunchyroll next, if not I'll wing it.

Wed. S 9 Ep 8 of RWBY: A depressed Ruby falls into Neopolitan's trap.

Th. S 1 Ep 21 of Little Busters: Kud's cosmonaut mom is in a serious accident.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/8/2024, 1:43 pm

Friday S 1 ep. 3 of Haruka Nogizaka's Secret: When Haruka thinks her secret has been accidentally revealed she has flash backs when the same thing happened in middle school and even
    Yuuto has a hard time convincing her that things are alright.

Comments: This episode officially introduces Haruka's younger sister Mika as well as Hazuki and Nanami and the Maid Brigade.

Also introduces Hazuki's chainsaw!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Saturday watched the dub of ep. 16 of Tenjho Tenge: The end of the flashback and Maya faces the consequences of her actions two years ago.

Sunday ep. 11 of NieA____7: Life drags on as Niea still hasn't returned and Mayuko learns how much she actually misses the little smoocher.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/12/2024, 5:45 pm

Monday ep. 1 of Please Teacher subbed: Kei learns that Mizuho, the new teacher at school, is really an alien sent to study Earth.

Tuesday S 2 ep.1 of Cat's Eye subbed: The sisters learn that they need to return to Tokyo as an impostor is sullying their name.

Wednesday S 9 ep. 9 of RWBY dubbed: While the rest of Team RWBY along with Jaune battle
    The Cat/Neapolitan, Ruby meets the Tree's Spirit and is forced to decide just what she really wants to be.

Thursday S 1 ep. 22 of Little Busters dubbed: Kud decides to return home to learn what happened to her mother.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/15/2024, 4:37 pm

Well hopefully we shall see Wed. what I order from Right Stuf/Crunchyroll.

Friday S 1 ep. 4 of Haruka Nogizaka's Secret subbed: Yuuto, Haruka, Mika and Nanami spend the day spying on Hazuki as she goes around town on a special errand.

Saturday ep. 17 of Tenjho Tenge dubbed: Aya faces the cold fact that Soichiru fell for her sister instead of her.

Sunday ep. 12 of NieA___7: Niea finally returns and the Mothership disappears.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 10:59 pm