Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4199
    Imperial Credits : 17883
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 1/17/2024, 5:41 pm

Monday I watched the raw of ep. 1 of Eureka Seven: Renton's life is turned upside down with the arrival of Eureka in the Nirvash.

Tuesday S 2 ep. 2 of Cat's Eye: The sisters find themselves involved in a heist that features the Yakuza and heroin.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 1/19/2024, 4:22 pm

Wed. watched S 9 ep 10 the season finale of RWBY: While the rest of Team RWBY and Jaune are battling the Curious Cat Ruby has to decide on what she'll be...

Comment: Interesting end(?) to Nepo's story arch when she decides to enter the tree. Also Torchwick's
    appearance to Nepo and their embrace and his reminding her that he isn't the real Torchwick shows how
    deeply she felt for him.
    And now Nepo is my second favorite ex- villainness after Emeraud.

Wed. S 1 ep 23 of Little Busters: The rest of the group worry about Kud far away in her home country.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/22/2024, 1:40 pm

Fri. S 1 ep. 5 of Haruka, Shiina is officially introduced.

Comment: Cramping up like Shiina does during the relay is too common when someone either trains too hard or doesn't properly prepare.

Sat. ep. 18 of Tenjho Tenge, Aya spends the day with Takyaka.

Sun. ep. 13 of NieA___7, the finale and now on to Flip Flappers
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18994
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 1/23/2024, 4:42 pm

Solo Leveling (S1?)
    perhaps the one to watch anime for most people right now. That said it has (plenty! of) gore (just blood and limbs though) so be advised.
    It's based on the manwha of the same name. The manwha has been complete and moved on to another one that's likewise good or better with a quirk.
    It's about a young adolescent in a world visited by dungeon gates. He's at the bottom of the bottom awakeners and happens to awaken a 2nd time at the doorstep of death. Using his new forced cultivation system he becomes a hero etc.
    I did read the manwha many years ago but never finished or kept track so I don't know much beyond the island and the ants. Btw. this ant-arc reminds me of an old manga from way back... don't remember the name now. It came out around or after Black Cat and the Go manga. I happen to know my nieces liked it. *shrugs*

Wedding Rings=Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari
    I could swear this one has been around for ages but... shrugs.
    Welp, the usual isekai romance type.

Ao no Exorcist S3?
    it's becoming long running so meh

Mato Seihei no Slave
    you read it right slaves and sado maso/lewd stuff. Not my really cup but it's eye candy. It's unlikely I'll watch beyond sampling.

There are a number of other interesting ones but I doubt I'm really going to watch any of them.
    7th Time Loop
    Akuyaku Reijou Level 99
    Ragna Crimson
    etc.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/23/2024, 5:34 pm

Just now I received the news that he has passed away.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/24/2024, 1:46 pm

Who died? Sorry your post didn't make it clear.

Monday S1 Ep 1 of Ikki-tousen: Hakufu's first day at school and her first fight.

Comments: 1) Hakufu is the Princess of idiots, I would've said Queen but that titles taken by Excel Excel, which led me to decide to re-watch what I have of Excel Sage when I finish Gundam OO83...from the sublime to the ridiculous...I know.... The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 1f602
    The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 1f602
    2) This episode shows our beloved Ryomou before she becomes Hakufu's ally and best gal pal,
    sadistically rutheless and cruel. That lost to Hakufu really made her think long and hard!
    3) I still wanna see a battle between Hakufu and Aya from Tenjho Tenge..that be fun!!!! Cool Cool Cool

Tuesday S 2 ep 39 of Cat's Eye: A kidnapper blackmails the sisters into re-stealing art work
    they had stolen before.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/26/2024, 4:48 pm

Wed. the compilation movie of Gundam OO83 subbed.

Comments: 1) From the start I knew this was going to be one of my favorite Gundam.
    2) Kou is different from other Gundam heroes in that a) he's not a teenager but in his twenties and b) unlike for example Amuro and Kira he's not a civilian but actually in the military.
    3) The one fault I saw was the same in any compilation movie: in order to get it down to a two hour movie a lot of important scenes from the OVA had to be discounted and so there are time skips and plot holes. Otherwise I rather enjoyed it...except it doesn't show what happened to Nina in the end, but then see what I said about time skips and plot holes.
    Next week I start the OVA.

Th. S 1 Ep 24 of Little Busters: Rin volunteers to give a puppet show.

Comment: Wish I had the first part of S1 as that would give more of a context to what's going on.OTOH there seems to be a lot of foreshadowing of S2 the Refrain season where Riki and Rin learn what's really behind the secret of the world and why they've been getting all those messages.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/29/2024, 1:41 pm

Friday S 1 Ep 6 of Haruka: The big day of the Con comes.

Saturday Ep 19 of Tenjho Tenge: The Juuken Club's beginnings.

Sunday Ep 1 of Flip Flappers: Cocona meets Papika and they go on their first trip to Pure Illusion.

Comment: This is also the first time Cocona's dream of Mimi is shown.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/31/2024, 1:31 pm

Monday I re-watched the sub of ep. 1 of Brynhildr In The Darkness: Is Kuroha Neko, the new girl in Ryota Murakami's class really his long lost friend Kuroneko, or if not, then who is she and why does she remind him of her?

Tuesday S 2 ep. 40 of Cat's Eye : It's Mission:Impossible time for the sisters when Hitomi is accidentally discovered at the site of their latest heist by Toshi!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/2/2024, 4:13 pm

Wed. ep. 1 of Mobil Suit Gundam OO83: Kou goes after Gato when the latter steals Gundam O2.

Th. S 1 ep. 25 of Little Busters: Kengo officially joins the team before their first game.

Comment: I need to look up the synopsis of the first ep. to see whether or not this whole season is taking place in Rin and Riki's heads after the bus crash.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/5/2024, 4:34 pm

Friday S 1 ep. of Haruka: Haruka and Mika's parents are introduced as their father goes to Defcon 4 after learning of his elder daughter's favorite hobby.

Comment: A rather cool moment of Hazuki going out to patrol in the moonlit night is spoiled when she
    drunkenly walks into a lamppost. cheers cheers cheers

Saturday ep. 20 of Tenjho Tenge: The events of two years ago continue as Maya walks into a trap during the prelims for the tournament.

Sunday ep. 2 of Flip Flappers: After their latest adventure in Pure Illusion, Cocona is introduced to Flip Flap HQ.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/7/2024, 1:32 pm

Monday watched the raw of S 1 ep 5 of Black Lagoon: Revy and Rock vs Neo-Nazis in a sunken
    German WW2 U-Boat.

Tuesday S 2 ep 41 of Cat's Eye: Special Investigations springs a trap on Cat's.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/9/2024, 3:16 pm

Wed. ep. 2 of Gundam OO83: The battle to stop Gato from getting away with Gundam Unit OO2.

Great Line: " I'm the enemy, you idiot!" Gato to Kou during their battle.

Th. S 1 ep 26 the season finale of Little Busters.

Comment: Before the English language credits there's a preview for S 2: Little Busters, Refrain.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/12/2024, 1:31 pm

Friday S 1 ep 8 of Haruka: Yuuto goes on a "Practice" date with Mika.

Saturday ep 21 of Tenjho Tenge: Shin goes berserk with deadly consequences.

Sunday ep 3 of Flip Flappers: Cocona discovers that her friend Yayaka is working for a rival.

Comment: Basically this was Flip Flappers does a parody of Pretty Cure. (Still haven't seen Pretty Cure.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/12/2024, 9:16 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Who died? Sorry your post didn't make it clear.
    Sorry, my mind wasn't clear at the time. I intended to have it posted it in Random Thought but somehow I just didn't realize.
    It was about the other cousin who already had cancer and fell into coma.

7th Time Loop
    I was wrong to ditch it early. The reason being: 1. I mistook the title for another since there's tons with similar titles and stories. 2. quick checking the manga happens to hit on one that was extraordinary similar so I ignored the little dissimilar things. 3. since I've seen some anime with different titles from their source I assumed this was the same case leading to mistaking them even more
    Anyhow, so it's about a heroine who's been stuck in a bad-end-death-loop. She's resident of this world rather than your typical transmigrator/reincarnator and the like.
    By attempting new and different lives she discovers a new world of possibilities (for women). Now stuck in her (last?) life she faces a life (married) with her "worse" enemy. I'm sure you'll like this show.

Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu Season2
    I wanted to watch it but missed the timing. Season mixes "recap" perspectives of events from Season1 for the other parties. So there's little progress so far for the main character. It's not bad but pacing is practically halved. I think we do get to see a bit more than the manga about the others.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/14/2024, 1:51 pm

That's ok...you and your family must've been in a lot of stress.

Monday watched the raw of S 1 ep 5 of Big O.

Tuesday S 2 ep 42 of Cat's Eye: Toshi becomes an unwelcomed house guest for the Kisugi sisters when he's kicked out of his apartment; then the thief who robbed him hits Cat's Eye.

Comment: Aside from the sisters trying hard to protect their extracurricular night time activities from
    Toshi, the episode had the general male moving in with a group of females comedy. And it doesn't end here though as Toshi announces he's staying with the sisters indefinitely!!!!! The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 1f60b The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 12 1f603
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/16/2024, 4:47 pm

I've decided for my birthday if GUP: Das Finale part 4 isn't available then I'll order War On Geminar again since, I think the complete series is now available and finish that finally.

Wed. ep. 3 sub of Gundam OO83: Stardust Memory: The aftermath of the battle with Gato finds three new pilots arriving, but when one of them challenges Kou to a battle they both wind up in the brig.

Th. S 2 ep. 1 of Little Busters: After the Little Busters Pancake Feast Kud and Komari are targeted by Yuiko's rival and then she really goes berserk to defend her friends.

Comment: Even Yuiko is surprised at how emotional and angry she got!!!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/19/2024, 1:45 pm

Friday S. 1 ep. 9 of Haruka: Yukari's class prepare their cos-play cafe for the culture festival but later on Haruka finds Yuuto and Shiina in a compromising position.

Comment: When Yuuto and Haruka are discussing the cos-play cafe, the girl in the far right background in Haruka's daydream is dressed up as Boogiepop.

Saturday ep. 22 of Tenjho Tenge: the Juuken Club advances to the finale as Shin's Dragon Eyes
    draw him closer to his final fate.

Sunday ep. 4 of Flip Flappers: a sleepover ends in Papika and Cocona being marooned on a deserted island.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/21/2024, 1:37 pm

Monday re-watched the sub of S 1 Ep 5 of Those Who Hunt Elves: The T-74 tank gets possessed by a cat spirit that Ritsuko names "Mihke".

Comment: Airi ponders the question of why a world without the combustion engine has fruit that produces gasoline showing that at this point she is coming to the conclusion she expresses during the groups trial in the season finale that their worlds have been in the process of merging with catastrophic results for both.

Tuesday S 2 Ep 43 of Cat's Eye: With Toshi's indefinite stay putting a crimp into the sisters' extracurriclar nightly activities as Cat's Eye Rui comes up with "Operation Sexy" in order to make him uncomfortable about living with three women.

Comment: The fight between Rui and Hitomi was more than just a tad bit realistic as it may have helped clear the air of some jealousy between the two.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/23/2024, 4:39 pm

Wed. ep. 4 of Mobile suit Gundam OO83: The search for Gato and Gundam OO2 leads to Africa but unfortunately Gato manages to escape just as the Albion locates Neo-Zeon's secret base.

Th. ep. 2 of Little Busters, Refrain: It's a case of de ja vu as Riki feels like he's lived the same day over before.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/26/2024, 4:21 pm

Friday S 1 ep. 10 of Haruka: Yuuto tries all through the culture festival to apologize to Haruka.

Comment: The look on Mika and Nanami's faces when they learn that Hazuki's lost love Eric was actually her teddy bear is priceless! lol!

Saturday ep. 23 of Tenjho Tenge: Shin's final battle and his and Mana's deaths.

Sunday ep. 5 of Flip Flappers: Pure Illusion takes the form of a creepy school that Cocona and
    Papika need to escape before they get stuck in a endless time loop.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/28/2024, 1:58 pm

Monday watched the raw of ep. 5 of Kiddy Grade: Eclair and Lumiere find themselves in the middle of a kidnapping plot on what is supposed to be their day off.

Tuesday S 2 ep. 44 of Cat's Eye: When the painting they steal ends up being a forgery, the sisters
    come up with a plan to trap the forger.

Comment: When the real Connery tells the Kisugi sisters he knows their true identity and then relates how he knew their father the look on their faces is worth the watch.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/1/2024, 5:04 pm

Wed. ep. 5 of Gundam OO8: Stardust Memory: Commander Cima is introduced and attacks the Albion with her flagship.

Th. ep. 3 of Little Busters, Refrain: Yuiko's back story as she reveals to Riki that she's the reason that June 6, keeps repeating itself.

Comment: So far the only people who really seem to know what's going on are Yuiko and Kyosuke.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/2/2024, 10:11 pm

Sousou no Frieren ep25
    For reason  haven'T watched it all among others closely lately.
    Ignoring the boring episode's story progression...
    Anyhow, we get to see more about Serie (german?) from Frieren's memory. We get to see Flamme from Serie's past memories. It's clear she is older than just ancient. She's supposedly from the Mythical Era but looks like this has been messed up by the author. She's clearly far older. Note the Goddess image in the temple resembling her (from previous episodes) When Frieren gave her Flamme's dying message to Serie and declaring she has achieved her life's work (introducing magic to humankind) and requesting Serie to continue her work....
    Serie was predictably upset yet proud of her disciple. She never thought this achievement would ever be possible.
    She recon the age of man has come. Serie warns Frieren that one day she will be killed by either the Demon Kng or a human mage. Frieren happily replies: "I'm looking forward to it, Serie."
    Back to the story, we see Frieren's perfect duplicate getting killed by Fern in one shot.
    relations ship reminder: from master to disciple
    Serie -> Flamme -> Frieren -> Fern
    at least 1000+ years
    (I just love the series Razz )

Akuyaku Reijou Level 99
    Did I mention this already?
    Anyhow, "black" female antagonist show. The female type of dense hero male series who comes to weird conclusions etc. That type of show. Not as good(or sometimes cheesy) as the other villainess show but more accessible.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/4/2024, 1:36 pm

Friday S 1 ep. 11 of Haruka: Pt. 1 of the season finale finds Yuuto plus his sister and teacher all invited to Haruka's birthday party on an island her father rented for the occasion.

Saturday ep. 24 of Tenjho Tenge: The finale, and now on to the two pt. OVA.

Comment: I wonder which came first Tenjho Tenge or Ikki-tousen?

Sunday ep. 6 of Flip Flappers: Cocona and Papika uncover the secrets behind their sempai
    Iroha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 6:20 am