Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+4
mitsuki lover
Verethragna
AlexT
Cloudji
8 posters

Random Thought

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12541
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Random Thought - Page 37 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by spoor356 3/10/2017, 2:12 pm

Random thing I found today:

Well time to find more stuff to watch.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4211
    Imperial Credits : 17921
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 3/10/2017, 2:25 pm

I take it that's from Euphonium?
    Awesome!
    Now I need to add it to my Must See List. Cool
    Planning on ordering K-ON! next month so see about getting it as well.

BTW:Does bring back memories as I played Sousaphone in Junior High and a bit in High School and then also Baritone a bit. Baritone was easier to carry! Laughing

Speaking of anime Celestial Method should get here either tommorrow or Monday as it just left Federal Way yesterday.

I found a book that lists all the Confederate casualities from Gettysburg. Found a few relatives mentioned including one of my great great grandmother's younger half brothers.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19020
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 3/11/2017, 12:47 pm

Yeah, looks like from Euphonium.

I prefer something with a song performer or songdress.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru ED

The chronologist must have been quite thorough.

------

mistakes with Aragaki Yui
    Follow the master @1:15 Laughing
    Ranma 1/2 @16:55
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/13/2017, 3:57 pm

Classical Music will always be there. I mean we have Star Trek for proof of that that both
    classical music and Shakespeare will still be around into the 24th century! Very Happy Laughing

Though I do have to admit until I watched Princess Tutu I wasn't much into ballet.

It was fun watching the dancing portions of the show,especially Rue.

Next month I am planning at ordering K-on finally. So I can get to watch Yui and her beloved
    Mr. Guitar! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Also next week I am planning on sending in my order for Pilot Candidate and
    Girls Und Panzer:This Is The Real Anzio Battle.

I finally got Celestial Method in the mail on Saturday. Very Happy
    IIRC I have it scheduled for when I finish NOIR as xxxHOLIC follows Omamori Himari and AD Police X.

Today I take a break from anime to watch Watchmen. I read the graphic novel awhile ago
    so it should be interesting to see the movie.

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 3/13/2017, 5:06 pm

Hello there,

I am terribly busy with trying to improve my rank in Ranked Battles for World of Warships. The struggle over 414 battles and I've only made it to Rank 7 >_> I need 29 more, that's assuming everything goes perfectly. I should mention, at least 142 of those fights were spent languishing between ranks 12 and 8.

In any case, I am trying to sort out what song I am going to prepare next for lyric adaptation. I think for the Mission on Clasbul, where Jinto and Lafiel were stuck on the planet I may need two songs. I have two tracks from the Necrodancer OST that may work-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZIJxAI7NlA
    Trial of Thunder (5-3) - Crypt of the Necrodancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysY2WORKnQ
    Undead Desperation (2-2) - Crypt of the Necrodancer

I may end up using both just saying that the "Musical of the Crest of the Stars" would need two tracks to describe that event.

Then the following I have for Spoor on two different occassions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zmIj_4LFQ
    Sabaton- Winged Hussars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keXfiffBzFw
    Sabaton- Ghost Division

Finally of Ekuryua, I have more Hamilton that may suit her. I am saving it for now. Let me know if you want to see anything or any music that may fit the "Space Opera" which is slowly becoming more properly a musical operatic piece Razz

Have a great day.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/15/2017, 1:44 pm

Well good luck with it.

Ekuryua, I would say would need something dreamily romantic to fit her, because she's young and has that crush on Jinto.

Spoor, hmmm....somewhere between Wagnerian and Comic. Though "Ride of the Valkyries"
    as an intro some how comes to mind. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Watched Watchmen on Monday. I think the main problem was there were scenes they could've trimmed or cut out altogether to make it shorter; for example the whole "Hallelujah Sex"
    scene and the one before it could've been cut without any real damage to the plot.
    On the whole the best parts were the ones where Rorschach was doing his investigation.
    The only scene with him involved that should've been cut was the one where the prisoner gets his hands sawed off by the power saw.
    OTOH worth watching just because of the FX work and the fact that it includes both
    "The Times, They Are A Changin'" and "The Sounds of Silence".
    Bob Dylan and Simon and Garfunkel! cheers cheers cheers

Finally Spring looks to be trying to make her way back her as we are seeing warmer temps and
    the grass is slowly turning green.Although it is still damp.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 3/15/2017, 2:09 pm

You know I am a huge fan of Sabaton, that's what I have got for two of Spoor's song. If you have other suggestions I'll post them. I posted the first draft of the song already on topic.

Made it back up to 7.0 Rank in World of Warships (the decimal system I'm using would be for each star I hold prior to the next rank. Oddly, this will not be out of 10, but this streamlines things when I inevitably rant about it later.

Random Thought - Page 37 Maxresdefault

Since this week will be payday, I have bought the above rather insane looking ship with five rear 360 degree rear guns. It's absurd looking and plays rather oddly. It's basically a cannibalized cruiser that was made a destroyer with all it's guns shoved up the stern.

Anyway, I will resume watching stuff. Oddly enough a new anime version of "Everything Wrong With . . ." Anime Sins like series has begun. Thanks to them, I am now going to watch Charlotte. I look forward to it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/15/2017, 6:06 pm

Interesting choices. I can understand why you would like Sabaton.

Yeah, something like "Ride of the Valkyries" does fit Spoor's charging tactics but I think it's too clean. There's more smashing blood lust in Spoor's trembling the weak.

Games and ranking these days is too bloody a fight imho far more time consuming by design to force people to play more online. I could never keep up.

The Okhotnik is like a gunship but imho it's only good against weaker/smaller ships. It won't last against another well balanced destroyer who will have greater range and larger cannon... Chances are better for wolf pack tactics, though.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 3/16/2017, 5:13 pm

Finally made it to rank 6.0 of World of Warships. Now the agony to make the Tier 5 Rank threshold may begin. I need four victories to finally escape the 12 to 6 ranks where pure vegetables play. There's hope yet. I need luck and Patton on my side to make Rank 1 before the season ends in 8 days.

I've had no response to my latest lyric writing. I will work on other stuff at my own pace now. Hope to all a great day.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/17/2017, 1:36 pm

Yikes! Is that even enough time to get accomplished what you want?

While it was either that or The Prize Song from Die Meistersinger but then you might
    upset Touka if you did as that's her/Boogiepop's song! Laughing Laughing

Boogiepop Phantom one of the other reasons why Techtv's Anime Unleashed block
    is so missed.As well as Techtv itself.
    G4 was the death of it.

Comcast is the Satan of cable. Twisted Evil

Anyways another day another year older. Two more years before I get to another of those milestones or is it mildstones?

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/17/2017, 2:17 pm

Coming this far it looks doable to me. Yeah, rank 5 is where the wall between competitors and the real top starts. If it's all based on cumulative point that keep adding : once you are in the top 3 and keep it for a while it will become insurmountable by the rest.

It's been quite a while since I watched theses classics....
    I guess I will have time tomorrow evening & sunday to take a closer look at the lyrics.

As Trump relaxes regulation it will eventually cost more as cartel control is virtually off e.g. airline luggage cost hiding. The public will pay one way or other anyway...

Edit:
    HBD, Mitsuki.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/20/2017, 2:06 pm

Thanks.

Actually it was a pretty quiet birthday. Now only if the weather would warm up a bit here.

I want to go down tommorrow and see if I can't check out the second hand store in town that I haven't been able to before. Want to see what comics they have available.

AFAIG: some of my family have been in America since the 17th century. So been a long while.
    South and Middle Colonies/States ( Mainly Pennsylvania and Virginia but some New Jersey and
    North Carolina.)

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/21/2017, 6:34 pm

Hyperloop company says they are building on a 40 seat module. I have my doubts. So far they just releases one project idea after another to advertise and grab attention but have no buyers/orders to show not to mention any research or test results of their own other than from the student contests. Typical business advertisement hyping with nothing to show. (Just lie how trumps creates news.) Normally, serious companies keep things secret and are silent.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/22/2017, 1:45 pm

Supergirl Monday and so Kevin Sorbo and Teri Hatcher play Mon El's parents. I guess it wasn't
    too much of a surprise that Mon El turned out to be the Daxam prince. Also no surprise that Kara breaks up with him when she finds out.
    Two Marvel Easter Eggs:
    1.When Lyia breaks open the security lock at the art museum Winn teasingly calls her "She Hulk"
    2.When they're watching the security camera footage at the DEO the next day because Lyia's species don't show up on security footage she's called not so teasingly...Winn's Invisible Girl friend!
    (Do they have to pay Stan Lee now? Laughing )

The Flash on Tuesday...I thought after seeing both the Xena and Buffy
    musicals that this one was rather overhyped as well as a near dud. The only things that kept it
    from total flopping were: 1. The Martian Manhunter,Vibe and Kid Flash teaming up and
    2.Victor Garber singing. Melissa Benoit and Grant Gustin weren't too bad but Victor Garber sang
    everyone under the bridge so to speak(wasn't he in the movie version of Godspell
    back in the day?)

DC' Legends Of Tomorrow so they finally find the rest of the Spear of Destiny and decide to
    destroy it. This episode was worth it because:
    1. They go back to WW1 and meet bloody J.R.R. Tolkien! I suppose all their talk while he's on the Waverider kind of stuck in his mind.
    2. Mick turns on everyone and gives the Spear to the Legion of Doom.
    But as Ray points out since everyone treated him like a thug what were they expecting?!
    Though I wonder if there's really something more to Mick's dick turn than simply the fact that
    Snart always treated him as an equal and the rest never did. What I mean is I wonder if there
    might be something going on behind the scenes and Mick's just playing along with the Legion.

One week left to the GITS live action movie.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/24/2017, 1:34 pm

I forgot to mention I finally got to the store I wanted to go to finally.
    Picked up issues of the following comics:
    Aquaman
    Captain America
    Legions of Superheroes
    Iron Man
    Green Arrow
    At the other store I picked up two more parts of the special JSA
    miniseries that DC did back in 1999. I also picked up the following DVDs:
    Speed Racer
    Robin of Sherwood
    I know the former has a bad rep. but should still be a lot of fun to watch and the latter...I remember
    watching it on PBS back in the '90s.

Now as far as comics go my list includes the newer Supergirl to go with the '90s one;
    the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel(movie coming out next year btw); Elektra( because I threw my collection out and now want to get back again); Thor;Avengers
    as well as what I have already talked about and some more.

As I told my sister from North Pole,Ak when she called the prices range from $1.50 to $20
    so not really bad.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/26/2017, 4:37 pm

True Lies!:
    I was running late friday. Went grocery shopping in the cold, couldn't for the life of me find the tissue in my pocket to relief my running nose. The magical tissue reappeared at home in the very same pockets... The female cashier for some reason would take my small change. Even-though, I didn't pay in pennies if you know what I mean. I guess she was too lazy then.
    I went home cowering in the corner of my bed and contemplating about my life. How I've been banished to the end of the world again thousands of miles away from the next of kin. Getting ravished by a long time acquaintance and sex crazed norse women. How I'm left to my devices by my norse harry potter incarnate friend. How I'm feeling sick and unable to go to a nobel prize laureate's meeting only a ferry away. At least I don't have to face the majority of which who are chemists. How work on the next generation warp ship has been slowing. How I have to listen to the endless debacle on Trump, Eurovision, the endless war cries and conflicts...
    I'm feeling too sick so I'll lie down and hope to avoid the worse.

When Chichi was still little
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL3ppPVnOMI

pigeons' sabotage thwarted

but the brids took revenge on CERN by dropping baguettes. lol
    https://cds.cern.ch/journal/CERNBulletin/2009/47/News%20Articles/1221806

infamous CM's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYsdUgEgJrY
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/27/2017, 4:51 pm

Is that like dating Klingon Women? Laughing
    The only difference is one is blond and the other has ridges!
    joking...

Soooo....Now Netflix wants to destroy our hope for the future of humanity by coming out with their own version of Death Note in August. Ok...it might not be that bad,and it looks like they set
    it in Seattle(although does that mean that when Misa Misa does her swan dive she does a header off the Space Needle?).Hopefully the Light character in the Netflix version includes the name of a certain NBA owner from OKC in his list. That make a lot of anime fans from my part of the country very happy! Laughing bounce
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/27/2017, 7:11 pm

Yes, unless you miss broken rips, feeling like being run-over by a freighter. lol

Have to say Netflix has been quite busy releasing exclusive series & movies these past 2 years.

The election in france is chaotic this time. Not really that surprising, though. It's only now being discussed more openly but has always been like that imho. Le Pen says lacks election funds and has no Russian backing. Pft it's no secret Putin has been supporting right groups all over Europe and other groups that would disrupt the EU for years. Meanwhile hundreds-thousands arrested over weekend protest against corruption in russia...

The Eiffel tower gets bullet proof glass. I don't see how this would do any good. Those glasses don't matter if you want to bring it down. There's plenty of steel for cover, too. It's better to get bullet proof floors imho.

Anyway some interesting facts:
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/islamist-terror-threat-germany-faces-multiple-challenges-a-1139018.html

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/29/2017, 1:50 pm

North Rhine Westphalia is where my Rittenhouse ancestors came from, from Broich across the river
    Ruhr from Mulheim to be exact.

Sometimes you have to wonder if we're living in some one else's comic book world with all that's going on. I mean even thinking of destroying landmarks like the Eiffel Tower sounds like something more out of Superman or Captain America than reality at times.

So...the Raiders will now officially be The Las Vegas Raiders....Why don't they simply
    place a sticker in front of their name with Blank Raiders so they can fill it out every time they move.
    Laughing

Meanwhile the Wild are in a deadfall and look like they won't make the NHL playoffs this time.

Re-reading Crisis on Infinite Earths up to the death of Supergirl so far.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/29/2017, 3:13 pm

I have avoided the worse and am left with a running nose only.

I was at ████ ████████ near Mulheim. That place could be as well from last century. Wait, it is. lol

The good thing is the Eiffel Tower is easy to inspect from the distance, difficult up close, though. But imho it's heavy and like arches easy to bring down. You only need to destroy at the "hips" of two of the legs.

Rather than changing their name like that why not change it to something more unique or general altogether? Like Hell Raiders.

A number of interesting news:
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/worlds-1st-transplant-performed-using-retinal-cells-from-anothers-ips-cells
    Definitely better than computer hardware but you gotta have a million for the operation...

In response to some people working to their deaths recently Japan plans to reform working hours.
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/japan-eyes-cap-on-overtime-hours-equal-pay-under-labor-reform-plan

https://www.japantoday.com/category/arts-culture/view/long-lost-paintings-miraculous-rediscovery-puts-ukiyoe-in-international-spotlight
    The interesting thing is rather the mysterious painter than his works.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/westinghouse-files-for-bankruptcy-doubts-over-india-us-nuclear-deal-1674854?pfrom=home-lateststories
    The interesting bit is the insurance of 1,500 crore rupee = 15 billion = 230 million USD.
    Does this truly cover for an accident?

Warm climate produces smaller cold-blooded creatures
    http://www.haaretz.com/science-and-health/1.780228
    Not really surprising considering the heat-loss-to-body size rule known for ages.
    As far as food production goes I wonder if there is a difference if maturing time, hence, time-based masses is considered. This is the more important point in feeding a population.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/31/2017, 1:33 pm

Too many maybes in that one article.

And speaking of cold it was only 30 above earlier when I went to get the mail. Could use some of that
    Global Warming... Laughing

Though to be truthful I still really find it hilarious funny when people from Arizona and SoCal complain when it's 50 above as being cold!
    Heck in Alaska they go around in shirt sleeves when it's 20 above!

With School Live,Himouto Umaru-chanand now Monster Musume and
    GUP: Das Film( or is it Der Film?) all finally coming out my Sentai happiness overflows! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/31/2017, 6:36 pm

Yeah, but you don't need to go that far north for some cool air. Acclimation plays a role in how you perceive temperature. And frankly it's a feature and not a bug. lol A vital evolutionary ability.

GITS movie is out but I will wait a bit longer before going to the theaters. Right now it's too crowded.

I will be somewhat busy for a while but I'll try to keep up.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/3/2017, 1:51 pm

The reviews seemed to be mixed. Mainly focusing on Scarlett Johannson as the Major.

I want to get it for Christmas. Need to tell my sister when she's down here at the end of the month.

I have had whatever bug has been going around lately but feel better or a bit so now.

The worse of it has been the bloating feeling...

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/4/2017, 2:31 pm

Yeah, one reason being changes that made it diverge from the original. Was expect from a Hollywood. *shrugs*

A bunch of news to ponder out of boredom.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/04/letting-unauthorized-immigrants-get-drivers-licenses-makes-roads-safer/
    It's just statistical ratio and because they fear getting caught, hence, drive more careful.
    As far as lethal accidents go it's relatively the same as elsewhere e.g. Germany. I'm certain driver education is more important.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-healthcare-cancer-costs-idUSKBN1750FU
    Nothing new but the statistics.

Abe's in more trouble
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/lower-house-panel-calls-for-restraint-in-designation-of-state-secrets
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/new-products/view/keep-secret-documents-confidential-with-security-post
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/author-murakami-calls-for-fight-against-history-revisionism
    http://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20170316/p2g/00m/0dm/082000c
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/kuchikomi/view/akie-abe-reportedly-in-hot-water-with-mother-in-law-over-school-scandal
    It's weeks by now but this new turn is interesting. Looks like his mother wants him to divorce to save face or the like.

Meanwhile his party want Base Strike (~prompt global strike)
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/ldp-panel-calls-for-capability-to-strike-enemy-bases
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/31/world/asia/india-long-at-odds-with-pakistan-may-be-rethinking-nuclear-first-strikes.html
    The UN non-nuclear members want nuclear weapons banished since the nuclear powers didn't not kept their words. Meanwhile, Japan got new carrier, Russia got new sub, we got new nukes, India is onto First Strike, etc. When will it all explode?

https://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/petition-to-boycott-netflix-adaptation-of-death-note-reaches-japan
    Uhm, that what you get for not to including the requirement or taking part in the decision process in the license negotiation...
    A pretty common occurrence.

https://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/ruling-parties-agree-to-start-conspiracy-bill-debate-thursday
    "Opponents also say the bill would amount to a fundamental change in Japan’s criminal code by charging people in connection with crimes that have not been committed."
    Pre-crime!!!

https://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/over-47700-children-wait-listed-for-daycare-centers-nationwide
    So they complain about not having enough children yet didn't bother building/supporting enough. Looking at other countries this seems to be common for countries who are said to be children unfriendly. That said it's, actually, a widespread issue.

https://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/vietnamese-died-of-stroke-at-japanese-detention-center-official/comments/popular/id/7780712
    https://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/vietnamese-girl-murdered-in-japan-buried-in-hometown
    Looks like a few foreigners died unnaturally recently in the streets and in police custody.

New Pyramid Discovered in Egypt
    http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/egypt/1.781245
    I thought these visible landmarks are easily spotted. I guess I was wrong. The article isn't very detailed... not even a picture of the site.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/5/2017, 1:36 pm

Well it took centuries to discover the Mayan and Toltec pyramids because of the jungle growth in Central America and Mexico. Could be it was hidden by the desert?

Biologos forum had a thread that linked to a Christian humor site like the Onion, except
    religious in nature called Babylon Bee.

Looks like McConnell is going to go and use the Nuke option by Friday.
    Twisted Evil
    Yeah...nobody can say they didn't see it coming when Gorsuch is finally sworn in. I mean the people who are against him now are the same ones that said he would make such a great judge back in the day when he was nominated for his current position.

Sooo,,, looks like Ward is back to being a Good Guy at least in the Framework in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD the douchebag this time around is Fitz!(with a name like Leopold Fitz it's no wonder!)
    And....Coulson as a high school teacher?...I would have loved to be in his class!!!!! Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 4:16 am