Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+4
mitsuki lover
Verethragna
AlexT
Cloudji
8 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17873
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 11/2/2015, 3:48 pm

So new series but not any idea about what it will be about except set in the current movie time line.

I took a quiz to see if I'm more DC or Marvel and even though I like Marvel, I'm on Team DC...
    maybe because I grew up reading a lot of Superman comics when I was a kid and when I got back into comics later on DC was my first pick. scratch

Found a couple of cool things on Find-A-Grave last week.
    One was a page dedicated to one of my paternal grandma's maternal uncles that had a photo of him as a young man.
    The other was a page dedicated to my maternal grandpa's maternal grandma. The cool thing was not only did it have a photo of her about the time she got married but also her death certificate. I know that sounds morbid but it also verified her mother's maiden name:Weber.

I think my great great grandmother's family came to America as a group.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/4/2015, 2:25 pm

Congrats to the Royals.Though I was hoping it would go longer than 5 games.

CNN had a story about a die hard Mets fan that had a tattoo honoring them winning but like all such things it was too soon.

I'm currently reading the biography of Dr.William Moulton Marston the man who created Wonder Woman. He had a bit of a uncommon lifestyle to say the least.

So Fox Business will have a GOP debate on the economy Tuesday.This time they say it will really be about the economy.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/4/2015, 2:26 pm

CNN had a story about a die hard Mets fan that had a tattoo honoring them winning but like all such things it was too soon.

I'm currently reading the biography of Dr.William Moulton Marston the man who created Wonder Woman. He had a bit of a uncommon lifestyle to say the least.

So Fox Business will have a GOP debate on the economy Tuesday.This time they say it will really be about the economy.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/4/2015, 2:27 pm

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/6/2015, 2:24 pm

Apparently one of the criticisms of comic superheros like Superman and Wonder Woman in the '40s was
    that they were Fascist! scratch

And did you read about what scientists think might be evidence for an actual parallel universe existing?
    Though there is still some doubt as to whether or not the proof is real let alone accurate.It has to do with some background stellar radiation that appears to be a bit unusual but they haven't confirmed anything as yet.So it's still pretty speculative.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18988
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 11/7/2015, 3:11 pm

I wouldn't say facist but there is racism involved like with many other things of the time. It's normal for the day and time. *shrugs* Facism indicate larger scale of inhuman/anti-humanity ideology, domination ... I guess if you consider the heroes being overpowering and forcing their ideals on others. Propaganda yes but still off imho.

I haven't. As far as proof go I think it's impossible other than looking for finger prints/shadows e.g. background stellar radiation. There are too many possibilities on larger scale finding the one single detail that gives certain proof is like finding a needle in an infinite mountain. Well, the current parallel universe theory is solid and widely accepted with some opposition of course. It's complicated (long story) to explain right of my hate. I don't see any reason why it would be wrong. It would be a lot more unreasonable if the universe was the sole thing there is. The same as the solar system being the center/the universe itself. The pure existence of possibility alone is proof in itself that such singularities are impossible. Laughing

Looks like Taiwan is fated to unite with china. They are real Han chinese and there's not many indigenous people left on the island. Now that china pretty much owns asia they are pressed to join or die economically.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/9/2015, 2:40 pm

Well that is from the book actually, opponents of comic books did in fact use the word Fascist.
    Also the infamous Dr.Wertham got mentioned. I guess you can't write or read a book about the history of comic books without mentioning him.

Agreed. Even from a theological perspective Parallel Universes make sense. It's only if you believe in a very limited small god that you begin to have problems from that pov.

And ironically Catalonia just voted to secede from Spain though the Spanish government will do all in its power to stop it from happening.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/11/2015, 2:32 pm

Happy Veterans Day everyone!

Ok. my point about there being no problem with parallel universes from a theological pov is this:
    Since God exists outside of time/space in Eternity there is therefore no problem with him creating
    more than one universe. Also since it is quite possible for God to see various alternatives at the same time while being everywhere at the same time(Omnipresence and Omniescence) there is no problem with parallel universes.
    As I said above the only problem is if one believes or thinks of god as limited, especially if one thinks of a god limited to a particuliar space/ time.

Hope that helps.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/12/2015, 1:58 pm

I planned to rest but ended up fixing stuff around the house all day.

*thumbs*
    This is the kind of example revealing things how fanatics claiming this and that yet commit wrong believes.

Forgot to mention the drive for wikipedia but it's all good now.

There's officially a new dwarf-planet V774104!

IT seems the A10 warthog gets an extension. The fans are raging...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/13/2015, 2:43 pm

It's one of those days here today: wet and windy and Friday 13th!

Did you also read that apparently Mars is tearing apart one of its moons?

I think I mentioned this before,but I found another line on my maternal grandfather's maternal grandmother's side. What I need though is to find more information on his paternal great grandfather's side. It's a bit hard since Clark is such a common name.

btw: I have up to January now planned for what I will order next as far as Anime is concerned.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/13/2015, 8:26 pm

It's rained but it didn't rain cats, though. And people started talking about cats being the most transmitted videos on the net. Not that I didn't directed to the research (quite a while ago) saying how AI liked cat pictures the most. There's something bewitching going on. Laughing

I haven't read that...but it's kind of general knowledge that its moons are getting closer. It wouldn't be surprising when they reach the Roche limit. Btw. here's a astronavigational map I made nearly a decade ago (for the Gundam RPG game) including all future secrets. Wink
    Random Thought - Page 21 Mars-system1

You said they came as one large group, I would guess that would ease things a lot. For some reason, I haven't met any Clarks yet. *shrugs*

checking...at Tenchis.

I figured IS would take revenge for John but it looks like they already planned it out for the soccer game.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/16/2015, 2:48 pm

Well it is such a common surname. Even my Irish great grandmother's mother was born a Clarke.
    But in her case the original name was different. It was changed way back when someone married
    a Clarke in England.(Way,way,way back in the Middle Ages)

Well my great great grandmother was actually born in Germany and was about 3 on the 1850 census
    for Jefferson co. Pa.
    Her mother had the maiden name of Weber and her name was Fillhart in English.
    My grandpa Clark left Pa. because too many relatives.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/18/2015, 2:15 pm

As I said when I was talking about watching Aria episode 2 yesterday night the power went off in the middle and fortunately came back on again an hour later so I was able to finish it; this was because we had a big old wind storm yesterday. Power went out all over the region and some people are still out. The winds were as high as 71 in Spokane, but I think only up to somewhere around
    44 mph or so where we leave.
    Still high enough to do some major damage. I'm just glad it happened when it did and not today because choir practice tonight.
    The worst part was the paper says someone was killed yesterday.

I suppose you probably get a lot of these type of storms in Texas?

Just glad it is all over now. There's a small tree that came down by our garage and I've been doing what I can just sawing off the branches but still need help to get it all sawed up.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/18/2015, 3:12 pm

Fillhart ... is that a "common" name or "new" madeup?

I was so waiting for episode 4 of supergirl about the case with James and Lois' sister. And what would become of the love triangle between Kara, James and the nerd. Yeah yeah, I know it's obvious this non-sexistish show will end with hunky James and Kara coming together. I just wanted to foresee how cruel of a death Jeremy will get.
    Instead episode 5 was shown... *sigh*

The debate on CBS last sunday:
    Why's OMalley still running? Standing beside Hillary and Sanders his' is no different from asking like 70% of people on the street. He's grabbing for stereotypical answers ... going on about intel services but these don't necessary solve problems they are more for reactions not necessary preventions. Most of the time success depends on tips. After all you need something going on first for flags to come up
    Oops forgot for a moment that democracy is a system where people get the leaders they deserveelect. Razz
    Sanders is just well versed in history Very Happy Generally he goes down to the root of the problem.
    Hillary hit the right points but she couldn't offer new solution...and her declaration of war against wall street Laughing Not to mention she's troubled by the Lybia incident.
    Being part of the team she can't avoid it even if it's not really her fault. According to extensive documentation, weapons were supplied to the bad guys. To cover up generals had to go to take the fire from the Chief including a certain dug-up scandal.
    Notice people's reaction when OMalley made a pass at Trump Laughing
    And he would rather have Hillary or Sanders as advisers than wall streeters Laughing

Sojet space gun revealed
    http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/russian-television-reveals-another-secret-the-soviet-space-cannon/
    Looke like a lighter version of the standard gun. And obviously the same solutions caused problem in using. I wonder why they didn't attemp an external minimalistic turret.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/20/2015, 2:45 pm

It's the Anglicized version of the name. The original German was something like Vilhardt or something like that.

IIRC the reason they showed episode 5 out of order was because of the Paris attacks.
    The Lucy Lane/ Jimmy Olson thing is pretty much canon. At least as far back as the '80s comics goes( I think).
    Yeah, they might be leading to a James/Kara thing just because he's Supe's best friend and she's Supe's cousin.

As I said we had a big old wind storm on Tuesday so only saw part of The Flash and none of Agents Of SHIELD, so only saw the part where Gorilla Grodd had kidnapped
    Caitlin and not how it all came out.

So you watched the Dems debate on Saturday?
    You sure are brave! Laughing
    I agree it's time that O'Malley dropped out. Why he's here there in any case? Most of the time he
    gets ignored because of the Bernie/Hillary Show going on.
    On the GOP side I think that it'll eventually come down to: Trump,Rubio,Fiarino, Bush and Cruz.
    Carson has fast become a joke because of his recent comments. Even Trump hasn't said things that
    are as ridiculous.

btw:Trump's new spokeswoman used to work for Cruz!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/20/2015, 3:12 pm

Ah, I though it might have been a long the line of Fullheart or so.

Well, I got some from the 80's and thanks to my elementary teach some more from earlier decades but I only darkly remember things about Jimmy. Razz

If you have pay streaming accounts you should be able to watch them online. or try youtube I dunno if these episodes are up online elsewhere.

Well, I thought once in a while I should waste my life away for a few hours of dry debates. Laughing

Reuters wants jpeg because they can't be manipulated as opposed to RAW data
    http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/11/reuters-bans-submission-of-raw-photos-our-photos-must-reflect-reality/
    Such stupidity. So, raw original sensor data is fake while the worse of fakes is acceptable? I know Reuters on the list of certain manipulative organizations but this sounds very much as if they are already in their hands.
    Or maybe they wanted to save storage asside from stated workload/process?
    Or maybe they thought EXIF data cannot be manipulated? Pff Anything's possible but manipulating raw data certainly cannot be hid away imho.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/23/2015, 2:55 pm

Naw, I think I shall just wait for the reruns.
    I got the Wally West '90s Flash comics, including the ones that introduce Bart " Impulse"
    Allen. My favorite character though among the Speedsters not nicknamed Flash is Jesse Quick.

I think the GOP debates are more entertaining because you never know what Trump will say! Laughing Laughing
    OTOH: when you think about it back in the 19th century political debates and religious revivals were
    pretty much like the World Series or Superbowl since they were the only form of mass entertainment
    our ancestors had. So sitting through something like the Lincoln/Douglas debates where the candidates had up to 90 minutes for rebuttals wasn't uncommon.(Could you imagine 90 minutes of listening to a Hilary or Trump rebuttal?)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/25/2015, 3:16 pm

Happy Turkey Day...er...Thanksgiving everyone! Smile Smile Smile
    Also only one month to Christmas!
    I read something interesting about the history of Thanksgiving, it seems that the actual first official Thanksgiving in British North America (remember the Spanish had already been celebrating
    Thanksgiving in Texas and Florida years before Jamestown had been founded) was actually at a place in
    Virginia called Berkeley Hundred that's now known as Berkeley Plantation.

A group of colonists led by a man named Colonel Woodlief landed there and as per his instructions
    Colonel Woodlief opened up his sealed orders which commanded he and his men to remember each
    yearly anniversary of their arrival with a day of prayer and thanksgiving.
    This was about a year before the Pilgrims held their harvest festival which we erroneously think of
    as thanksgiving.

The story was forgotten for centuries until Dr. Tyler (the son of President Tyler) uncovered it.

As someone noted the reason why we don't know anything about this actual first Thanksgiving in
    the English colonies is because the Pilgrims had a lot better PR! Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/27/2015, 2:17 pm

I got Please Twins in the mail today and that got me to thinking that even though I grumble a bit about lack of money and space, I have to also be thankful as it helps me to keep my priorities in line so that I don't go overboard when collecting anime.

I'd rather have a few that I re-watch because I enjoy each of them than a whole lot that just sit around gathering dust that I never watch.

I think it's like any other hobby, you just have to know when it's time to quit collecting and start
    enjoying. Though I think it be about a couple more years before I'm all done with that part.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/27/2015, 3:26 pm

I think I said it already but if you can join a large anime club it would be better for everyone.
    I only collect classics and the really good new ones these days. Not to mention being bogged down by replacing my old VHS stuff. ;_; I love those old media but...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/30/2015, 3:04 pm

Unfortunately the only one around here pretty much petered out and I don't see any signs of any
    interest. It's hard being an anime fan when you get pass 30 and over. Especially since there's still the attitude that it's 'kid's stuff'.

I have a lot of non-anime VHS as well as the fansub of Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 1-3.
    A lot of Star Trek, the first seasons of Lost In Space and Highlander some
    Hercules and Xena as well as Buffy. Haven't watched any of it in years and I do have hybrid DVD/VCR player.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/1/2015, 1:43 pm

Yeah. VHS devices are becoming rare and unreliable these days. My last two didn't last a year despite being rarely used.

The media is saying the yuan will become a pillar of world wide currency september next year. Well, the decision was made on monday and it's more about China's inland currency renminbi being traded world wide next year. Therefore, indirectly supporting the yuan. Remember Switzerland's move last year?

Baby Metal won the Vogue women award of 2015
    http://www.jpopasia.com/news/babymetal-wins-vogue-japan-women-of-the-year-2015-award::18697.html
    I don't particular like heavy metal that much but from what I've seen they deserve it.

Sony is allowing the 7th core of the PS4 CPU to be used for gaming. This should give it a further performance edge over the XBox. Well, it's unclear how much practically, though. Sony also recently announced a PS2 emulator for the PS4. This will make those owning old games very happy. Very Happy
    Coincidentally there's a maleware warning about PS4 emulators.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/34pzaj/psa_theres_a_website_with_a_supposed_ps4_emulator/

Today is AIDS day so I'm pointing to PrEP
    http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html
    http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/prevention/research/prep/
    Well, it's supposed to allow safe sax without condoms but use your common sense.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/2/2015, 2:24 pm

In other words just don't rely on a pill to keep you safe, use your commonsense(if you have any!).

Yeah, I saw something about the yuan in the paper yesterday.

I think I'm even less up on Heavy Metal.

Well both Galavant and Agent Carter return to ABC in January. It seems like along while since season 1 of both.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/3/2015, 4:20 pm

Archive on the moon
    http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/12/lunar-mission-one-is-crowdsourcing-a-trip-to-the-moon/
    Depositing electronic storages + DNA + doing digging research.
    With current tech it's all meaningless imho. The chips or whatever don't last long. Even if completely isolated electronic (self) current will erode the chips. Depositing your ashes is better. Heh.

LISA has been launched to observe gravity waves.
    I doubt we will see much.

Metal Gear
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/the-worldwide-effort-to-disarm-metal-gear-solid-vs-nuclear-weapons/
    It's a funny "economy".
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/4/2015, 2:21 pm

Trump is back with a twenty point lead in the polls. Though we shall have to wait to see when the primaries and caucuses begin at whether or not this means much of anything.

I decided to get Magical Witch Puni-Chan along with Umi Monogatari. Yeah, nothing like a series about a psychopathic magic girl! Laughing Laughing

We have slush pretty much now since it rained all yesterday.

Interesting they said on the pregame show yesterday that if the playoffs were now that the Seahawks would travel to the number 3 seeded team and that the Vikings would be the number
    three seed team. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/29/2024, 12:30 pm