Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17933
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 37 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 8/24/2022, 12:48 pm

Welp my doctor visit went faster than expected. Not too many people and the same with the lab for the blood work. Looks like my old nemesises triglycerides and cholesterol are back along with glucose now.

I guess that means I'm going to have to eat less candy and other sweets and not put so much sugar in my coffee... Random Thought - Page 37 1f630
    Also need to exercise more and snack less and maybe eat fewer lunches.

Being lazy it's gonna take work to get back on the exercise wagon!

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/26/2022, 3:29 pm

We had a thunderstorm yesterday and they say we're expected to have another one tommorrow.

The one thing I keep hearing about EVs is that there is not enough of needed minerals in the entire world to manufacture or supply them with energy. Basically even if they dried up all the current mines that are supplying the ore for all the EVs currently in the world and started new ones there still wouldn't be enough to meet the goals of the so called Biden administration of everyone having a EV by 2035.
    Put another way if the US goes completely to EV by 2035, there wouldn't be enough EVs to meet the projected need and it would ruin the economy even further.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/29/2022, 12:42 pm

So there's a sequel series to Inuyasha? From what I read it's basically Inyuasha:The Next Generation as it deals with the children of Kagome and Inuyasha and Rin and Sesshomaru as well as Kagome's niece, Sota's daughter. I have mix feelings about but in the end decided I need to get more
    Rin-Ne instead. Depends on how much space I have left and other things if I ever get around to watching it. But as I said when it comes to Rumiko Takahashi series my priority right now is on Rin-Ne.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/31/2022, 12:48 pm

Ok...I admit saying that Zombies can be killed sounds a bit off since by popular definition Zombies are already dead, it's simply they're corpses that have been re-animated without their souls. So technically Zombies are already dead so it's a bit weird to saying "killing Zombies".

Factually Zombies are, as I think I have already said before, the result of a drug that causes them to be in a comatose state. They're basically aware of what they're doing but no longer have free will to stop themselves.

That would make for an interesting illustration in a theological debate between Arminians and Calvinists.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/2/2022, 12:53 pm

Our email and the e-mail of a lot of other people in our area was hacked. I was told if it keeps up to stop using it for a day or so and the hackers will probably get bored and go away.

A lot of people got Emperor Palpatine vibes from Zombie Joe's speech yesterday.

Fortunately I was smart enough to ignore it and watched Kevin McCarthy's much better and shorter Prebuttal Speech earlier in the afternoon.

Instead of Zombie Joe, I watched Penn State's last minute (literally) win over Purdue. It was one of the best college football games I've seen. It looked like Purdue was going to win 35-31 when they got a turn over and Penn State scored the final touchdown making it 38-35. Great D from Penn State sealed the deal.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/5/2022, 3:21 pm

What I love about Pretear is that they throw so many red herrings around as to whom the Princess of Disaster actually is so that by the time it turns out to be Mikage the viewer is as shocked as
    Himeno and the Leafe Knights.

I cut my right index finger on a lid of a can of beans yesterday so have stitches there and it makes typing and everything else more interesting...to say the least.

I thought the NFL season started yesterday, but I was wrong.

I think California should put out a sign that reads: "Will The Last Person To Leave California Please Turn Out The Lights."
    And they expect that everyone will be driving EVs in both California and here in Washington state, except now the California energy department is telling everyone who owns an EV not to plug their cars in because of rolling blackouts.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/7/2022, 12:50 pm

I think once I somehow manage get all my remaining anime DVDs into proper DVD cases I will then know how much space I have available. I think it's easy to get overly anxious and even greedy when you see all that's out and available and you lust for more. I have the same problem with my comics collection,always wanting more. But there is a time when you have to decide to just step back and enjoy what you have,I know I'm close to that point but there are anime and comics I still want to add.

I guess it would be worse if I were younger....

Speaking of comic books I got the following 16 yesterday:

1.Rom, Space Knight # 14 guest starring Rick Jones, Dr. Strange and Nick Fury
    2.ElfQuest # 5
    3.ElfQuest   # 24
    4.Thunderbolts # 50 fiftieth issue celebration
    5.Thunderbolts  # 106
    6.Punisher:War Zone # 2
    7.Punisher:War Zone  #3
    8.Hourman #15
    9.Hourman # 16
    10.Hourman # 17
    11.Aquaman the New 52 # 1
    12.Aquaman the New 52 # 2
    13.the new Legion of Superheroes # 1 (this is the 1980s version)
    14.Wonder Woman Plus #1 guest starring Jesse Quick
    15.Superman:The Man of Steel #41 prologue to Doomsday
    16.Superman: The .10 Adventure
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/9/2022, 2:42 pm

Queen Elizabeth II was one of the most iconic cultural figures of the Twentieth and early Twenty First Centuries. Her love for her people made her the most beloved monarch of any country in our life times.
    For many of us the change from her reign to that of her son's Charles III will be something getting used to since she was the only British monarch we ever knew.
    God Bless the UK and King Charles.
    We certainly will miss his mom and her Corgis....Then again she's probably taking them for walkies by the Pearly Gates now and God is smiling down on her and them... Sad
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/12/2022, 1:35 pm

How good is High School of the Dead? After enjoying School Live I'm tempted to have a stab at the other teen vs. zombie series. Although the two seem to be totally different in other ways.

Vikings beat the Pack and kept Aaron Rodgers from being Aaron Rodgers, though I feel sorry for the next team to play the Pack.

One comic I would like to see is the Batman/Punisher crossover. I understand at one point Frank Castle does the one thing Bruce Wayne would never even think of doing: he threatens to actually kill the Joker.

It's time we stop looking at the Conservative/ Linberal political nexus as simply Republican vs. Democrat and realize they mean more than what party you support and vote for.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/14/2022, 12:43 pm

Next Monday is the Queen's public funeral. It seems so strange still to refer to Charles as King Charles III.

Metv had an article on its website about how The Carol Burnett Showonce did a whole show based around what-if the Queen had a similiar type of show.
    Interesting enough one bit was about the Queen trying to live long enough that Charles wouldn't get a chance of being King. lol!

Well he's the king now so....

Have to wonder if Charles is going to tell Harry to divorce Megan. I can't think of any reason he would want to have her around. No-one likes her.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/16/2022, 12:44 pm

So the poor people of Martha's Vineyard don't have room for all of fifty illegals that DeSantis sent to them. Why don't they pretend they're their new help?

I feel achy today. Could be combination of weather and sleeping on my right side at night.
    Then again I was feeling achy yesterday evening too.

Still feels warm for the Fall but according to the calendar Autumn doesn't start until Thursday.
    So maybe we'll have an Indian Summer.

AFAIG with cars, we may as well go back to crank power cars as it seems to me they would work better than EVs. Then again what do I know?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/19/2022, 3:28 pm

So I looked up High School of the Dead and decided to put in my "Maybe" pile. My "Definite"
    pile includes: Yuki Yunna Is A Hero complete series; Nuku Nuku complete collection;
    Cat's Eye S 2 and Elfen Lied complete series. Also on my "Maybe" list is Parasyte.
    Lupin The Third goes without saying....
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/21/2022, 12:48 pm

After re-watching the sub of ep. 22 of Madlax I decided to go ahead and watch what I have of the entire series dubbed when I finish off El Cazador de la Bruja.

I had to go to the eye doctor's today as I damaged the frame on the right side of my glasses. It was a good thing I did as I learned that I was overdo for another eye appointment, but since they're all booked up for the rest of the year I'm on the waiting list for next year.

At least the glasses are still wearable until I can get new ones.

My plan right now is to order part 3 of Girls Und Panzer, Das Finale and then watch all three on three consecutive Monday nights after it comes.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/23/2022, 3:27 pm

So next month I am going to order part 3 of Girls Und Panzer, Das Finale and then in December for my Christmas present the complete Yuki Yunna Is A Hero set. I think in either later February or early March I will order Cat's Eye S1 and then around April S2.

People who cheated in a Presidential election in November 2020 don't get to call other people's elections sham. Pot meet Kettle.

Watched high school girls' flag football from Montana yesterday. It went really fast and the girls were actually quite good.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/26/2022, 3:09 pm

So Italy's new Conservative PM is a woman. They've already taken to smearing her because she doesn't fit the mold of what the Left wants.

We're at that point in professional sports where MLB is winding down, NFL has just gotten started and both the NHL and NBA are about to begin.

Looks like Charles wants to downsize the royal family a bit.

It costs a lot to keep all the royals in the custom that they are suited so downsizing would make a bit of sense.

Any bets of how long before most people start to realize that EVs are basically just a fad for the wealthy?

I can't see them overtaking gas powered vehicles any time soon...least not by 2035.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/28/2022, 12:49 pm

Still doesn't feel quite like Fall yet. Are we in for a full on Indian Summer?

New worries about The New Green Deal wrecking instead of helping the Environment:
    a proposed Wind Farm off the Virginia Coast may actually endanger the North Atlantic Right Whale as it would block their migration path and put them in danger of colliding with sea going ships.
    Also the usual problem of the turbines killing bats and birds.
    Aren't they supposed to do an environmental impact first?

It looks like both Russia and the PRC are encrouching on Alaskan territory. Is Hawaii next?

I think the American military in both Alaska and Hawaii should double air and sea patrols.

Had to go to the store to get some batteries for one of our clocks and met one of our neighbors.

I think I will place my next order with Rightstuf on October 12.

I also have to think of getting my mom's b'day and Christmas presents. She'll be 96 on Halloween.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/30/2022, 12:58 pm

Rained over night.

Disney's animated series The Owl House is getting more and more interesting. Monday they ran two episodes: in the first Luz and Hunter learn the truth behind Emperor Bellos, in the second King and Luz learn that he is the last of the Titans.

Also these two didn't have any subtext to them. The ones that do seem to be the weakest of the episodes.

November looks to be interesting, to say the least, but I think we should have a wait and see attitude when it comes to whoever is in the majority.
    AFAIG if the Neo-cons remain in control of the GOP, it'll be business as usual, the Trumpers really need to take control of the Party to get anything effectively done.

Of course a new party made up of Trump Republicans, Constitutionalists and Libertarians along with
    old style Liberal and Conservative Democrats would be a good idea at this point. The Dems and GOP
    not being too responsive a new party may be needed.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/3/2022, 2:15 pm

Now done with Pretear and so on to ep. 9-12 of Bleach then after tommorrow night on to
    Gunslinger Girl.

Added Hayate The Combat Butler and Yuki Yunna Is A Hero to my view list for early '23.
    I didn't add an end date for YYIAH when I get the complete series I can do that.

My next order will be next Wednesday.

AFAIG with my non-anime viewing: still waiting for news when S3 of Superman and Lois will start and also whether or not there'll be a season 2 of Rat in the Kitchen.
    Mostly I'm watching reruns of older series and Disney toons. Occasional History Channel and National Geographic.

Though yesterday I learned that BYUtv's Relative Race is back and I watched the episode on yesterday.
    Also some sports.

I used to base my daily tv watching on the tv schedule in the paper but since we no longer get the paper it's more hit and miss these days then anything else.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/5/2022, 12:50 pm

As long as the forum is up and as long as I can I will continue to post regularly or as much as possible on my usual days.

It's so easy for forums to get hacked when there's no-one actively posting.
    As long as there is someone still actively posting it's less likely that that would happen. At least it keeps people aware that the forum isactive.

Though the other solution would to put it in archive mode and then no-one would be able to post.

Welp that, at least is my reasoning to continue to post, even though I may be the only one doing so for now.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19028
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 10/6/2022, 11:27 am

Thanks for being here and keeping it up.

IRL has been keeping me busy and recent Hurrican Ian came pretty close to my relatives in FL had us anxious.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/7/2022, 2:19 pm

I have an aunt who lives in NJ but keeps a Winter home in Fl around Tarpon Springs area (I think).
    They used to also have a house in the Outer Banks but switched from NC to Fl.

i don't know too much about any of the new Star Trek series beyond Picard or about the new LOTR series beside the fact that it seems to have really irked some of the more Conservative Tolkien fans. The Babylon Bee folks have been making hay making fun of it. I think some of it has to do with the way they're portraying Galadriel in the series and some of it is people can't get over there being Black Elves.
    Really wonder how close it is to The Silmarillion
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/10/2022, 1:13 pm

I've been raking the lawn again and it is a bit more chilly out today than it has been. Still waiting for the first snow fall.

Rather have it now then later on.

Even life long Dems in Pa. say they are going to vote for Dr. Oz as Fetterman is just too radical for them. The latest example is the former Deputy Mayor of Philly.

Speaking of radical the Dem running for Senate in Wisconsin is so radical that the Republican nominee has gotten all the sheriff endorsements across the State.

The Senate race here in Washington State is pretty close now so that Patty Murray is acting desperate.

But it's like a lot of other States these days what counts is how Seattle and King co. vote not the rest of the State. Doesn't matter how the country and towns vote, Seattle and King co. are the ones where
    all the big time Dems live and so they have more power than the rest of the State combined.
    The only good thing so far has been the rest of the State has been able to vote them down when it comes to a State Income Tax,etc.
    Though we are really at this point nothing but a colony of California because what ever happens in Sacramento ends up happening in Olympia as well.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/10/2022, 4:29 pm

Generally speak the newer star trek shows except Picard are more like ordinary (western) shows. Fast roller coaster action story with arbitrary reasoning and no-sense techno bubble. They have no long lasting value as all the classic and TNG-VOY, Enterprise era. The depicted tech side is like classic scifi anime. The story is like a frankenstein... as long as it "fits" somehow. Character stories ofc are better but, honestly, I dunno why I should care about most of them other than the main 3-5.... To summarize it... it just feels like a waste of time.

LOTR -Rings of Power
    the way I understand it they took it all in and identified key events/milestones and then took liberties to meet those.
    Architecture art wise it heavily leans on Peter Jackson's. Clothing etc. is a mix of roman and up to late renaissance. I do find this mixing off putting but not worth complaining.
    A lot (of scene/story elements) seems taken from somewhere else that I recognize but don't remember the source... like the original you can bet it's either oriental or asian. Character wise other than typical discrepancies between background and actual character I don't see a lot of problems. They are mostly fresh characters with "typical" settings and constellations. I think people have problems because their imagination is too specific and or narrow.
    The things I don't like are in details like for example.
    Nemenor racists was stirring the masses by arguing that elves will take away their jobs because they (are immortal, don't eat or) don't sleep etc. It's a nice reference to contemporary problems it's just if Elves are like that why do they need to work and earn money for a living? lol So it's a disappointing argument where they needed to be creative.
    There are a lot of typical questionable things so it's not really worse imho. As a long running show expected to be 5+? seasons I think people used to the movie pacing are unhappy about the slow progress. It's slow as today's anime compared to classic. Although, I see the problem and do wish a bit more progress I don't think it's an issue.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/12/2022, 12:54 pm

Thanks. It's so easy to read the complaints and go by what others are saying without doing any critical viewing. Too bad it's on Amazon Prime though.

Then again it's so easy to think that there has to be a certain view that is or has to be The official "Conservative" or The official "Liberal" view that everyone who's either Conservative or Liberal has to kow tow to when it comes to Entertainment like LOTR:Rings of Power.
    I think if you like something you should be able to enjoy it and that we should leave "Conservative" vs."Liberal" to politics.

I still enjoy Disney's The Owl House despite the attempts of the creator to inject Woke views into it. As a fantasy animated series it's not bad. Monday's second episode ended with the kids being
    sent back to Earth and Luz' mom opening the door to find her daughter and friends standing outside in the rain.
    I hope that they do a story arch involving Luz and her friends going to school in Connecticut where the Earth parts of it are set ( that be fun!!!! Cool .

Woke politics aside, Disney still has some of the best animated series on tv.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/14/2022, 12:27 pm

Yes, but let's say Disney brand because these days not all were grown by Disney. Disney perhaps becomes associated with Star Wars seeing how they have massively expanded shows to milk. Most are ok, though, I would say expensive version of westerns or ordinary hero shows. I think the Mandalorian and Andor are probably the better ones. Obi-wan not so much.

To go a bit more into details on Rings of Power now that I've thought a bit more: the key stage/set are elaborate and detailed while the generic are good enough, although, limited as you would expect but still much better than low budget shows. Sometimes the contrast is noticeable. Sometimes, the shots where made at different locations of the set for the same scene... either that or the BG CGI was wrong or I'm blind lol. I don't know some people complain about the landscape. My only complain here is that the distance on the map and the visual distance don't match (Modor + vulcan). But this is typical TV/Movie distance/size depiction. I like the depiction of the trees...reminds me of all the RPG games in particular Legend of Mana/tree of life etc.
    My worse critic is on Mythril and the myth of its creation. So some elven warrior pured his light in contest with a Baldrog on a tree and that power sipped into the earth and "crystalized" as mythril metal. Therefore, it has the light that revitalize the Elven spirit. I suppose it leans on the lore that elves are spirit folk, hence, will disappear if their spirit power fades. Anyhow, it makes no sense how an elf could spiritually contest a Balrog. It makes no sense why they didn't get at each other's throat in the first place. Anyhow, obviously the idea of the light is based on the movies and forced onto mythril rather than being some real crystal. This is also a contradiction by itself.
    I dunno where this lore comes from I know it's partially in Records of Lodoss and RPGs. But this is kind of contradict to them just becoming mortals as established in the movies.
    My critics on characters are mostly about their typical discrepancies. For Galadriel it's at the beginning is that she's not as refined and flexible as you would expect from a commander of an army that has been fighting and leading for more than hundreds of years (300 since the end of the war). Makes no sense irl. As for Elrond he's obviously a classic greek character, being a political writer, messenger/mediator etc. My critic is why the heck is he so unaffected by the war even if he's young he should have more insight. Overall I do like them. The only ones I don't like are the witches. They are like something out of the blue with zero connections. Yeah, I know it's the forced "mystery" they set up for Sauron/Gandalf. For most there's a clear (predictable) design for them. Perhaps that's in part disappointing. I see Isildur, Durin, and Halbrand as the most unpredictable because everything about them is invented and arbitrary forced.
    That's probably another reason people don't like.

Anyhow, I'm curious about Foundation Season 2, mainly to the cliffhanger. As I said before them converting the story & setting into a generic scifi show so they can expand it for more followup shows is bad. I suppose I watch mainly out of curiosity and because of the Empire/Emperor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 4:49 am