Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4193
    Imperial Credits : 17865
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 12/12/2022, 2:11 pm

Seems people are at 6s and 7s regarding the acquiring of both right Stuf and Crunchyroll by Sony.
    I think that from a financial perspective it may make sense, especially for Right Stuf. We shall see.
    Though the question does arise: Are they now going add free Spidey comics to each order $50 and over?...... lol!

Seriously though...I watched the first hour of History Channel's season finale for their series:
    The Toys That Made America, turns out that Nintendo royally screwed Sony with the PlayStation announcement.

Howard Lincoln, IIRC,went on to become an executive with the Mariners after Nintendo bought the team.At the time he was Nintendo America's chief lawyer or something like that.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/14/2022, 1:45 pm

Hamster And Gretel is a fun parody of the whole Superhero genre. The whole idea of an elementary school girl and her pet hamster being superheroes is hilarious. Especially when the said rodent talks and is into popular Mexican telenovelas! lol!

The there's the whole thing where Gretel's older brother is the Rodney Dangerfield of Disney Cartoon Characters. The dude gets no respect!

The show even does a rift on the whole Clark Kent/ Superman thing where people can't tell that Clark is Superman with his glasses on....Gretel's best friend Bailey is ignorant that Gretel is Superhero Gretel...Even though they have the exact same name and sound exactly alike!!!!! Laughing

I think that Gretel and her brother Kevin are supposed to be Scottish on their father's side and Hispanic on their mother's. Definitely the latter but I'm not sure if their last name is Grant or Graham.

Anywho: like I said it's a fun parody of Superhero shows.

Other characters:
    Winifred aka Fred...their paternal cousin
    Hiromi...Kevin's crush who works in a comic book store in the mall
    Kevin and Gretel's parents
    various assorted weird villains
    Veronica Hill... a female reporter who pops up wherever Gretel and Hamster are.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/16/2022, 3:23 pm

Just got a call from what claimed to be Publisher's Clearing House about winning second place prize.
    But got to be a bit skeptical since it was a recording and didn't mention my name or what exactly I might have won. Just press this number to get an agent on the line to tell you, etc. Might be the real deal but.....

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/19/2022, 3:01 pm

I was at the Biologos Forums yesterday and they had a link to a quiz that told you where you stood in regards to religion and science. It even showed what famous scientists you matched up with. I ended up in the same quadrant as Galileo, Newton, Maxwell and Faraday which is not bad company. Very Happy

I think that when you read the Gospels it's pretty clear that everyone who knew Jesus from Nazareth and the surrounding area treated him like anyone else they knew. It's when he starts his ministry and
    begins to do the miracles that, I think most of them began to wonder and especially why they didn't notice anything different about him when he was with them growing up. But there wouldn't have been anything to notice since he would have lived the life of a normal Jewish boy in First Century Roman Palestine.
    This is why when people start talking about Jesus' so called " Missing Years" and come up with absurd stories that I get really irritated.
    There were no missing years...he was living and growing up in Nazareth and learning like any other boy his age. Though I bet Joseph never had to scold him for not paying attention when he was learning carpentry.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/21/2022, 1:52 pm

It is now down to 0 here. I can remember back to the '90s when it would get as cold as -40 out during the Winter. I think the coldest weather I have ever been in was -45.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/23/2022, 4:22 pm

Winter hath come. Razz

Ok...is it safe to say that California has about gone full blown Marxist now? First they tell everyone to put solar panels up and now they tell them to take them off again because not enough poor people have been putting them on their houses just the rich; now they have a law that you can't work on cars in your own garage and if you do you get $400 fine and when you go to court you have to pay an additional $700 in court costs. Meaning you wind up paying $1100 for something that before may only have gotten you a warning from the neighborhood cop if the neighbors complained.

When's the Revolution/Counter-Revolution/Civil War when we get rid of all this nonsense and throw out all these Control Freakie Marxists/Fascists out of office for good coming? It can't come soon enough for most people who have to suffer through these moronic laws the Elite are making to set themselves above the Constitution and the Rule of Law. Random Thought - Page 39 1f608

Another interesting factoid is that when Britney Griner returned home to Texas she got exactly 20 people waiting to greet her at her home church. That makes her more popular than Joey Biden and
    Kammie Harris combined but less popular than Jar Jar Binks.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/25/2022, 8:39 am

Merry Xmas and happy holidays everyone!

rendeer
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/26/2022, 4:17 pm

Yep, belated same to you as well.

I wonder how many times Hannukah and Christmas coincide like this year.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/28/2022, 1:40 pm

Latest poll in the local paper about the Ukraine War and sending aid. Interesting that I along with 80 per cent of the respondents voted that we should never have been sending them aid in the first place and instead should have been supporting talks all along.
    I think this war is getting more and more unpopular with the vast majority of Americans except the very few so called Progressives who are die hard Biden supporters.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/30/2022, 1:34 pm

With all the bad news in the world today here's some good news: The British government is releasing
    a two pound commemorative coin of the Godfather of Modern Fantasy: J.R.R. Tolkien. cheers cheers cheers cheers

It will include a profile of Tolkien on one side and script in Elvish on the other.

Anime I will be starting in January:

Akame Ga Kill

Madlax

Yuki Yunna Is A Hero

The last includes the other two seasons, so only the first will be a re-run for me. All three I will be watching the dubs.
    I still think Wave from Akame Ga Kill deserves his own OVA just to show why a nice guy like him ends up in the Jaegers instead of with Night Raid like Tatsumi did. Basically they're two peas in a pod but i tend to like Wave better, even if he was on the wrong side.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/31/2022, 2:42 pm

Happy new year everyone!
    Enjoy, feast and have fun! as long as it last because the harsh reality will hit hard soon enough.

Pope Benedict has passed away. RIP I suppose he held out as long as he could for xmas.

I expect a new offensive phase on both sides of the war sometime after next week.
    If the Ukraine are smart they shouldn't enter peace negotiation at all or they will end up like South Vietnam.
    As for a Taiwan war at earliest would be 2026... so no worries. Same for Putin using nukes.

Winter will naturally be harsher in January. All thanks to a hotter summer... *sigh* A month ago we had a warning of ~2.4 lower temps compared to 2018-2020.
    Price hikes might continue for longer than I've predicted especially the tech sector will likely prolong way into 2023. For most bills are already at least 2x and likely to creep up a bit more.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/2/2023, 4:50 pm

Right Stuf's acqusition by Sony has put a lot of people into Worst Case Scenario mode. Though if you look at it closely the anime industry is now a $34 billion+ part of the Entertainment Industry. So what
    Sony is doing in buying up anime and gaming companies makes sense from their perspective.
    Also along with Right Stuf they've picked up Funi and Crunchyroll as well as Square Enix from the gaming end of things.
    I think it's best to have a wait and see attitude before decrying the loss of Right Stuf.

President Trump was correct in saying the GOP can't think of winning as long as they are satisfied with the current status quo. No-one can win if they're ever satisfied with the way things are, and by their actions what used to be the Democrat party but now is simply the sock puppet party of the Marxists has shown itself to be the Enemy and not just the GOP but anyone on the Right. This is war and the Marxists started this war; what the Right and especially the GOP need to do is get off their compliant rockers and fight back. Or else America dies as a Free Country.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/4/2023, 2:19 pm

I hope and pray everything goes well for that Bills defensive player who was downed by a sudden heart attack. Y'know it's times like those that remind us how football and other sports are just that sports. It was good to see fans of both teams as well as players and coaches for both the Bills and Bengals join together after that happened.
    Yeah, there were a few folks on social media who acted unconcsiouable but that's social media; there will always be people who either don't get it or else are too caught up in themselves, but the important thing is that the majority of people realized there are more important things than winning a game: such as the health of the athletes on both teams.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/6/2023, 2:46 pm

Finally got all my remaining DVDs into DVD cases (Thinpaks). With that done I put everything into alphabetical order. Took some time (two days, but I thought it would be longer) to get it all done.
    So now it goes from .hack//sign down to Yuki Yunna Is A Hero; though I must say some of
    it seems a bit weird: Abbot And Costello between .hack//sign and Actually I Am.
    Though some make a lot of sense: Death Note movies next to Devil Lady and Kaempfer next to Kashimashi.

Anyways, that little project is now done.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/9/2023, 4:22 pm

If I can get more Thinpaks or some how am able to swap out my singles for complete sets some day, I think I'll do it and see how much space I save either way. But until then...

Watched a marathon of Pawn Stars on History Channel yesterday night. In one episode Rick Harrison had a man come in with some spy stuff but he had to turn him down. Turns out the man had an old pen pistol which is illegal and he had to tell him he needed to turn it into the authorities.

It has been warming up lately so we shall see if we get a early Spring here.

Brace yourselves, James Cameron now says there'll be an Avatar 3, 4 and 5 now! Mad Mad Mad Mad
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/11/2023, 1:56 pm

It's one of those days where the computer is acting up again... Random Thought - Page 39 1f610

First we get an Error Report and then it's freezing up every so often. The good news is I was able to send in my order to Right Stuf for S 2 of Cat's Eye before all this mess happened! Very Happy
    I was going to order S 1 since I have the first six episodes but it was out so I had to go with S 2.
    Oh...Well...I will check back later in the month to see if S 1 is available again.

Last week I re-read The Silmarillion, this week I am finishing up with Marvel's Masterworks: The Fantastic Four #1-10 by Lee & Kirby. It's interesting how the characters have changed over the years, especially Sue, Johnny and Ben.
    Yesterday I re-read the story that introduced Alicia Masters the blind sculptress who oddly enough falls in love with The Thing. It's Interesting how much her influence over him changed him from the grump who was always wanting to leave the group to the loveable "Blue Eyed Thing" we all love today.

Another interesting thing is that there's an actual time limit as to how long Johnny can keep his flame going. When he's done he can't reignite for a period of time and it drains him. I wonder if this has anything to do with the original Human Torch of the 1930s and 1940s?

I also re-watched S 1 Ep. 2 of The Beverly Hillbillies on Metv yesterday night. I think we all as a nation could use a large dose of Jed's old fashioned Backwoods Commonsense!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/13/2023, 1:35 pm

Rain today.

McCarthy is talking about probably releasing all of the video from 1/6/21.

And now the usual suspects on the Left are trying to blame Trump and the GOP on Biden's document mess of a scandal. Some how GOP operators some how managed to get inside Biden's locked garage and put all those documents next to his Corvette?
    If it were any sane person, they would have taken the Corvette while they were at it.
    Just saying.

That said I think there are plenty of people on the Left who are getting just as much infuriated at Biden and company as the Right are, or even angrier. I mean there comes a point when even people who voted for Biden have to wonder if this is what they voted for.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/16/2023, 1:53 pm

I have always thought that they came up with the MLK holiday a bit too soon. I still think that they should have done a bit more research into his life first to make sure a holiday was in order. Also the way it was forced on States that didn't want to have it....
    I think it's the same way with the Harriet Tubman $20. Nothing has been done to really research her life to make sure she is worthy of such an honor. It's just the Radical Left pushing it through to get their agenda no matter what.
    And while we are at it why not have an holiday to celebrate the life of Frederick Douglass or Booker T. Washington instead? We know enough about both men to know they would deserve it. Certainly Douglass would be more suitable a candidate for such a honor.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/18/2023, 1:37 pm

Some times lately I have to wonder myself if we are in the Last Days and if Jesus' Second Coming will be sooner than we expect. The things that are happening would certainly make anyone wonder if this is the end.

Certainly the talk at WEF of America instituting some sort of Hate Speech Laws which violate the First Amendment would make a person wonder if we are living in the final days of Freedom not just in the United States but also around the World.

And anyhows...who defines Hate Speech? This to me seems to be rather flexible a subject as one man's Hate Speech maybe just another man's venting.
    If it is based on politics and which political party is in power at the time then it becomes rather flexible indeed!
    What a Conservative would call Hate Speech a Leftist might not and vice versa.

In the end it could be used to stifle free expression and worse could be a means of destroying proper dissent that is needed for there to be a proper democratic and liberal government of, for and by the people.

Then again, without Freedom of Religion we do not have Freedom of Speech and in many places in this country we have already lost the former so no surprise they want to take away the latter as well.

The ironic thing is many of the old people who are behind this are the same ones that when they were younger were protesting for "Free Speech" on college and university campuses. I guess it's a case of Free Speech for Me and None for Thee! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/20/2023, 4:29 pm

11 counties in Eastern Oregon have either voted or are going to vote to secede from Oregon and join Idaho. I think where I live in Eastern Washington we ought to do the same, since we are more like
    Idaho than Western Washington in politics and culture.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/23/2023, 4:18 pm

So looks like Superman And Lois won't be starting S 3 until March.

I have my eye appointment tommorrow at 2:00 so finally hope to get new glasses.

It really looks like the Germans are regretting not listening to President Trump when he warned them about taking Russian energy. This is probably the real reason behind them stalling on giving tanks to the Ukrainian army. Then again tanks and other weapons and weapon systems don't mean much if the Russians can simply use cyber warfare and shut down the Ukrainian computer infra structure without having to leave Moscow.

This is the real problem with 21st century warfare: a single computer virus can win or loose a war now.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/25/2023, 1:41 pm

It does seem like the only ones we have to blame for all the mess that our country is currently in is ourselves. People are no longer interested in electing people who will actually do something and the people running for office are only concerned about winning the next election. Running on making the tough decisions and choices isn't going to be the popular thing. But that's the kind of people we really need in office: those willing to make the tough decisions and choices even when they're the unpopular ones to make.

An example of making the unpopular choice would be the President in Gasaraki, everyone wants him to order the attack on Tokyo; the men behind the conspiracy are banking he will, but he doesn't. Why? because he knows somethings wrong with the entire situation and so he makes what is the right decision but is unpopular with the military and the conspirators in Japan: he orders the navy to stand down.

But then the question is what is the right decision or choice? I think we need to look at the past and see what worked and ask ourselves if it isn't something we should try again or at least adapt it to our 21st century needs.
    It doesn't have to be rocket science!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/27/2023, 4:57 pm

Nearly 40 above right now. Feels more like February than January right now.

So a lot of turbine wind mills seem to be failing all around the world. So far no-one has been hurt, but considering Texas' expierence I have to wonder how really dependable they are for energy.

Someone certainly is making a lot of money off all those turbines.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/30/2023, 4:17 pm

Aside from Lupin III vs. Detective Conan,The Tv Special I don't know which other Lupins to get.
    If the live action film is available I'll get that since I heard it was rather fun.

Saw both of President Trump's speeches on Saturday on Newsmax. He seems to be in prime form. All his rallies and speeches and other appearances are going to make it hard for anyone else to beat him in the
    GOP primaries.

Chiefs vs. Eagles in the Superbowl. This should be fun!!!!

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/1/2023, 1:42 pm

RIP Cindy Williams aka Shirley Wilhelmina Feeney from Laverne & Shirley one of the greatest sitcoms of all time and one of the best from the '70s.

It seems strange that all my favorite shows from when I was growing up are now considered iconic classics.

Then again what tv series from the present will ever be considered "classic" thirty or forty years from now, if tv even exists then?

AFAIG: Not only was I able to re-watch two of my favorite anime on Monday and Tuesday but also two that appeared on the much lamented Tech Tv's also much lamented Anime Unleashed anime bloc.
    *SIGH* them were good times animewise...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:44 am