Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4203
    Imperial Credits : 17897
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 38 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 10/14/2022, 12:28 pm

Looks like they're ending The Owl House on Disney DX. The ad I saw yesterday night said it would be part one of the finale. And now wait and see what they replace it with.

As I said not a bad fantasy as long as they kept the Woke propaganda out of it. But Disney's kinda been
    on the Woke wagon train lately, which is why ratings for it's various networks have been down.

Saw two of the later colored episodes of The Andy Griffith Show yesterday on TVLand because
    some how TBS was airing a Japanese rip off of Jaws instead of The Big Bang Theory.
    Why couldn't it have been Battle Royale?

Just saying....

Anyhows: the episodes were the usual fun but let's face it Warren ain't Barney which is why the color episodes are never as popular as the earlier b&w.

It was below 40 earlier today so getting to feel more like Fall.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/17/2022, 1:10 pm

Got my copies of Girls Und Panzer: Das Finale Part 3 and High School of the Dead:Drifters of the DeadOVA today.

Looks like The Owl House andAmphibia share a universe as the paper that Luz' mother is reading when Luz returns home has an article about Ann from Amphibia.

Read today at the Russia Today website that the members of the K-Pop group BTS are now going to all have to go through their required military service. The oldest is 29 so he'll be the first to be inducted.

The Mariners return to the playoffs was later short lived, at least after over two decades away they finally got in even if briefly.

It's interesting that the Dems are now talking about "Saving Democracy" the closer to a red wave or even tsunami we come. I think it's nothing but a sign of how desperate they are of holding on to power as they recognize that the GOP could in fact take over not just the house but also the Senate and so block their remaining plans.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/19/2022, 1:45 pm

When I got my copy of the High School of the Dead OVA I noticed that it was only 15 minutes long. Also, for some odd reason even before I've seen one single second Saeko has become my favorite character. That may change or maybe I have a thing for purple haired sword swinging girls?

It's supposed to either rain or snow this weekend. Either way it sounds like we are expecting some wet weather at last.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/21/2022, 1:38 pm

Welp: We finally have gotten some rain yesterday. Today we took down the air conditioner and I had to put it in the basement but it turned out to be heavier than I expected. Also did some more raking.

Looks like they want to spend more money on the Ukraine war. Most expensive war in US history now, especially so since Americans aren't doing any of the fighting so far.
    Guess that Zelenskyy or one of his crew found evidence that they could use to blackmail Zombie Joe and his son with( I mean Hunter needs his blow....)

Question will anyone really want to watch a Padres/Astros World Series...seriously?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/24/2022, 12:32 pm

Rain today, so probably not going to get around to raking the lawn.

Certainly our area does need rain and plenty of snow too since the last couple of years we had had to ration water during the Summer because of near drought conditions.

People may not like a lot of rain and snow during the Winter but better than the alternative during the Summer.

I think I've finally settled down to what I want to get to finish my anime collection as far as titles I don't have:

High School of the Dead tv

Parasyte

Vampire Hunter D

those being my three must haves now. AFAIG I don't know if I should get the live action or the anime version of Parasyte.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/26/2022, 12:36 pm

More rain today.

Reading Cooper's The Prairie.

Fetterman didn't do so good in his debate with Dr. Oz. Should have been more prepared.At least that is what I've read what the majority on both sides are saying now.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/28/2022, 12:56 pm

It looks like the Dems are getting desperate now even more than before.

Fetterman, Hochul and Hobbes (not to mention Whitmer) should be pretty much toast, but don't underestimate the ability of the GOP to screw things up.

McConnell and other Rinos sure are working hard to make sure they remain in the minority.

In sports I've seen a rumor about maybe probably the Sonics returning to Seattle. Though considering the NBA and all, like the Red Tsunami, I'll believe it when I see it.

Then again with the Kraken playing better it's hopeful that the NHL will have made the NBA jealous about being the only pro-sports league NOT to have a franchise in Seattle.

Speaking of franchises: History Channel is now airing on Sundays: Toys That Made America.
    Last episode was about the rivalry between Mattel and Kenner. Started when the rep. for Mattel turned down the oppurtunity to produce Star Wars toys,which turned out to be Kenner's first big hit. And then Mattel thought Battlestar Galactica would be a hit but only lasted a season or two. Then an employee did a drawing of a barbarian and they sought to use it for a prototype of toys to tie in with Conan,The Barbarian until they discovered it was an R rated movie. This in the end led to the creation of their big hit:He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, which because the Reagan admin. had gotten rid of the previous rule against toy companies also being able to have their own cartoon shows led to one of the most iconic 'toons of the '80s....

(The rule had gone into affect because a group of parents objected to the '60s Hot Wheels cartoon, which was IIRC rather cool 'toon.)

I don't know if this is true or simply something that was made up by The Babylon Bee but
    seems that after Matt Walsh of The Daily Wire had his screed about anime being of the Devil,
    it turned out he reportedly had a file of anime on his computer!!!! (Research? )Random Thought - Page 38 1f610
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/31/2022, 3:14 pm

lol! Random Thought - Page 38 1f601 So I goofed, should've known that the pic was a photoshop of a computer and not Walsh's actual computer...guess I was forgetting that it was the Babylon Bee...

Germany is taking down a Wind Farm in North Rhineland-Westphalia to make room for expanding a nearby coal mine. Ironic after all the anti-coal and fossil fuel talk that the Germans feel the need to go back to fossil fuels after access to Russian pipeline was cut off.

But as Texas has found out, Green Energy isn't always the solution it was cut out to be.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/2/2022, 1:08 pm

The Phillies had a really great game against the Astros yesterday. There were a total of about five home runs hit by Phillies batters,leading to a 7-0 win. So now Philadelphia goes up 2-1 against Houston. Looks like, at least for now the Phillies have figured out Astro pitching but we will see.

I've been working on getting my college transcripts as I need them for getting my Washington state ID.
    The trouble has been every time I tried to type in my birthdate it comes out all wrong....and then I remembered since my birthday begins with a 3 I need to add 0 an type in 03 for it to work right.... scratch

It costs $54 but I can only pay by check since for some unknown reason they don't accept debit or credit cards just check or cash.

Right now when it comes to Parasyte even though I had been thinking about getting the live action series I might go with the anime instead and that way get familiar with it. Unless the live action is really good....

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/4/2022, 3:12 pm

Snow finally. Unfortunately the hard wet kind.

Only five or four days left before the official election day. I already voted.

In any case life will continue to go on for better or worse. Unless the Borg invade and we all get assimilated into their Collective...which considering the alternative would be better than getting assimilated into the Marxist Collective...

I think I heard over the radio that Seattle beat Minnesota in NHL yesterday 4-0... No
    On the bright side looks like the Kraken are improving.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/7/2022, 1:57 pm

I was reading The Federalist and so far I haven't seen a positive review of The Rings Of Power coming out from the Conservative side. Or maybe it's just the people who write about it on the Right simply don't like the series. There has to be someone on the Right somewhere that likes it...
    Then again they all seem to love House of The Dragon the Game Of Thrones prequel, so maybe it's more of a Star Trek vs. Star Wars kind of thing. At least I hope it's not one of those weird non-political political things where you're not considered a REAL Republican or a
    REAL Democrat if you like or hate the kind of shows the pundits on both sides want you to love or hate...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/9/2022, 1:40 pm

I'm giving up all hope that the GOP will come to its senses and start acting like adults. The problem really is not only the GOP but the Right as a whole; they have really good and even great ideas but they recently have gotten into the habit of shooting themselves in the foot all the time when elections come by.
    The only reason good candidates are falling and loosing to mediocre and even bad ones is quite simple:
    The GOP keeps backstabbing itself. As long as this goes on we will end up being a 5th ranked nation or worse.
    Not just the GOP but the entire Right has to wake up and smell the stench from the American graveyard that is the current Democratic party. This is the result of stupid people like McConnell making love to the equally vapidly stupid people on the other side.
    It's time for the GOP and the Right to change tactics. No more Mr. Nice Guys.
    If you want to stab someone metaphorically, do it to a Democrat and then twist the knife in painfully deep so that their guts fall out with the metaphorical blood!
    In other words the motto of the Right should be whenever facing the Left in political combat the words of Tokiko from Buso Renkin: "I'll slaughter your guts!"
    If the Right doesn't realize it is in a knife fight every time an election occurs we can safely say goodby
    to The United States of America and hello to Chinese and Russian Colonialism since we won't be an indpendent and free country much longer but rather a Communist Colony with Moscow and Beijing calling the shots on everything from what we can eat and where we can live, to what we can pass into law.
    The sad fact is that Washington DC is no longer our nation's capitol but rather we are being ruled from Beijing and Moscow.
    In the end our final hope may rest in SECCESSION!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/11/2022, 4:20 pm

Yeah, needed to really blow off some steam after Tuesday. I think I wouldn't have been able to do so if I was on Social Media. I'm also taking an hiatus from reading and watching the news for the next month or so. Probably will be going back to normal after the New Year. Really need some time to re-focus on things not political.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/14/2022, 4:21 pm

Hmmmm: so looks like some of my ancient ancestors might just love to have Rudolph and Santa's other reindeer over for dinner. Of course THEY would be the dinner!

It's also interesting to note how much importance beer was in the ancient world. Then again remembering that most ancient people treated it like moderns do soda pop, it's no surprise.

I saw part of the Vikings game yesterday but turned it off after Kirk Cousins got intercepted. My thinking was *meh*...they're gonna loose. So when I got on line to check out the score I was rather surprised that they actually won with a field goal in overtime.

I think there was supposed to be a Blood Moon last Tuesday or so, or was it to be this week?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/16/2022, 1:53 pm

Supposedly this is going to be the final season (at least on theCW) for Stargirl, which is why they're pulling out all the stops. Still I think in many ways they did a better job than Supergirl did in the end. Not as much wokeness as in Season 1 and the introducing of Johnny Thunder added some well needed comic breaks to the story.

All in all not too bad.

Been re-reading the two issues of Marvel's Thunderbolts comic I have. I think it's one that I should add to my list to get more of. The fact that they start out as supervillains pretending to be superheroes and midway realize that in fact they are actually becoming superheroes is one of the most intriguing ideas any comics company has ever come up with.

Another is Techno-Comix I-Bots and not just because it was created by Isaac Asimov but because it questions what it's like to be truely human.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/18/2022, 2:30 pm

A few more weeks and I will send in my order for Yuki Yunna Is A Hero:Complete Set. I'm waiting to see if Right Stuf will have a Special Holiday discount for either Black Friday or Christmas.

For 2023:

Cat's Eye S 1 & S 2

Parasyte

High School of the Dead tv series

Vampire Hunter D

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Lupin The Third

That should about do it for me as I want to see how much space I have left after I (hopefully) get all my remainder anime in DVD cases.

I don't count the Babylon Bee as part of my news hiatus since it's satire. Still not mourning Pelosi being kicked aside finally...don't think too many people are...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/21/2022, 4:18 pm

For December I have decided to watch the following as my last 2022 Monday night schedule:

1.Star Trek: Generations

2.Momo: Girl God Of Death

3.Gin Rei Special

4.Angel Tales

Been trying to research one of my Irish 3x great grandfathers who was a Church of Ireland Clergyman.
    I think I may have found his possible parents (finally) but need to be cautious as there seem to have been one or two other men living at the same time with his same name.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/23/2022, 4:19 pm

I think RWBY was supposed to be 10 volumes so after I get vol./season 9 that will mean I only need the last one to complete the series. GUP: Das Finale, as I said is supposed to have 6, so now I need to get 4-6. The way they have it so that each part ends with a battle cliff hanger assures fans will dip in and get the next one.

Happy Turkey Day Tommorrow! Random Thought - Page 38 1f64b Random Thought - Page 38 1f60b

Interesting enough in Colonial Times only New England celebrated Thanksgving,they were the oddballs as everyone else celebrated Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, my mom gets Biblical Archealogy and in the current issue there's an article that suggests Christ's birth was in fact on or around December 25 based on the writtings of a
    early 3rd century Christian apologist and theologian who calculated it from the time Mary is said to have conceived.

Of course the actual dates would have been Hebrew instead of English and the calendar would have been based on the lunar and not the solar year. Since the Jews base their calendar on the lunar cycle.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/25/2022, 2:00 pm

Yuki Yunna I will see about in a week from Wednesday or so, the others will, as I said I will order 2023.

I hope to get DVD cases to put the remainder of my anime collection in order so that I can see how much space I actually have.

Watched the Vikings win yesterday. It was a pretty even game until the fourth when the Pats made a couple of bonehead plays on defense: one was a running into the kicker during a Minnesota punt and the other was after a catch fell short for the Vikings and a New England defensive player charged into him with his helmet low. Both resulted in first downs for Minnesota.

On the second the Vikings player was already down and it would've been a fourth down.I think the whistle had already blown too so there would've been no need for what the Patriots player did.

At least McCarthy isn't Paul Ryan, Ryan was a weasel.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/28/2022, 4:46 pm

The last week and a half I have been looking into one of my Anglo-Irish lines. At first the only thing I really knew was that my 3x great grandpa was a clergyman in the Church of Ireland but fortunately found some clues.
    Turns out that his father was the organist at the cathedral of Cashel in co. Tipperary when he was born and that later on he took posts as organist in two cathedrals in Dublin. IIRC these were the same two cathedrals that his father's own father served as singer and music copyist. In fact the grandfather had been singer and music copyist in cathedrals in Salisbury, Winchester and Durham in England as well as Dublin.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/30/2022, 5:06 pm

Another day of unending snow. It takes 15 minutes to shovel everything and then some more falls...
    Keep thinking about Florida for some reason...

It feels like we're living in a snow globe right now.

Only 25 more days until Christmas now. Can't believe it's so close now.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/2/2022, 4:41 pm

I'm thinking of ordering Yuki Yunna Is A Hero Complete Collection some time this coming week.

Snow a bit yesterday but not too much. Hopefully we will have a white Christmas and after that it will start to warm up again.

Last week they celebrated Charles Schultz' 100th birthday with tributes to Peanuts in the various comics.

(I'm getting old as I can remember when you were taught to put apostrophes after esses if they came at the end of a word or name and also after zees in similar circumstances, now everyone seems to be busy adding esses to words that don't need them to show possession.)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/5/2022, 1:50 pm

And now our washing machine is on the brink of death and our regular handyman is sick with the cold!
    Mad

I ordered the complete collection of Yuki Yunna Is A Hero yesterday. Was a bit frustrated because it took me about three times before I could get it properly checked out at Right Stuf. Another reason to avoid ordering anything during the holiday rush....*SIGH*......But I finally got it ordered,I decided to do it yesterday because you can never tell whether or not it would be still there later.

my early 2023 anime watch list before I order anything in 2023:

1.Dual
    2.Madlax
    3.Fullmetal Panic:TSR
    4.Kaempfer
    5.Yuki Yunna Is A Hero
    6.Grenadier
    7.Hayate The Combat Butler
    8.Digi-Carat-Nyo!
    9.Akame Ga Kill
    10. Gasaraki

Half I will have started now in 2022 and the other half in 2023. Mostly re-watches except for the later seasons of Yuki Yunna Is A Hero.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/7/2022, 1:52 pm

Yuki Yunna Is A Hero complete collection ordered and confirmed. I was hoping it would've gone down at least $20 or so but is still at $74.99 so around $80 total. Which is why I decided to order it for Christmas.

Superman and Lois S3 will start on January 18, which is a Wednesday. I suppose they will air it on 8:00 pm ET/PT....but will have to wait and see.
    A new actor will be playing son Jonathan because the one who was playing him had to step aside for
    personal reasons. This isn't the first time a character has been replaced in a Superman series: in the original 1950s The Adventures of Supermantwo different actresses played Lois Land and then in the '80s Superboy they replaced the original actor who played Clark/Superboy after S1, and of course Jimmy Olson was played by two different actors on the beloved: Lois And Clark. So
    not really breaking new ground here with a different Jonathan Kent, just hope he's as good as the first one.

Hopefully I will have all the DVDs that I still need to put in cases put in them some time before January ends so I will be able to see how much space I still need. I think when they're all finished I will then put them in alphabetical order.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/9/2022, 1:30 pm

Stargirl series finale Wednesday. It ends with a time skip of 10 years where Shade is giving a tour of the JSA HQ. Nice that Cameron aka "Icicle" and Cindy aka "Dragon Queen" wind up as permanent parts of the team. Cindy especially as she started the series being Courtney's main teen antagonist; as far as Cameron was concerned, he was really a nice guy to start with. I'm also glad his grandfather survived the last battle, I think he probably had expierenced too much violence and fighting in his life and simply wanted to live in peace.
    Also good to see Solomon Grundy get revived at the end and become part of the JSA as well.
    I wonder if he was meant to be the Hulk's counterpart in the JSA.
    Really as Rick discovers Grundy isn't Evil, it's just that the ISA manipulated him. So looks like that
    Superman and Lois will take Stargirl's time slot in January.

So... Zelensky turns out to be another corrupt politician looking for bribes and etc. What else is new?
    I think we might as well declare Ukraine the 51st State since they've taken so much or our money thus far. Even the Babylon Bee's sister site Not The Bee is realizing that Ukraine is nothing more than a bottomless pit for American money and military gear. Really I think more and more Americans are starting to figure out that it doesn't matter who wins in Ukraine, the losers will be the American public.
    At least Putin is a bit more honest about what he wants to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:10 pm