Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17933
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 36 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 6/29/2022, 12:51 pm

Windy but warm today.

Interesting that the Dem. incumbement in one of Virginia's congressional districts doesn't want any help from the current occupant of the White House. Wonder how many more Dems. feel the same way.

Seems like Hilary wants to get her name in the paper again. This time telling lies about Justice Thomas, even Justice Sotomayer had to take a stand against what she said. Also Thomas and Clinton never went to law school together, according to reliable sources and at the time Thomas' political beliefs were still quite liberal. He didn't start to change his political beliefs until afterwards.

Re-reading the 1986 sports book The Football Hall Of Shame. Some how they missed a certain
    Minnesota Supreme Court Justices Wrong Way run for the Minnesota Vikings.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/1/2022, 3:54 pm

Happy 4th of July! Random Thought - Page 36 1f1fa-1f1f8

Somehow the farce that is the January 6 committee hasn't been canceled yet.

Even My Mother The Car wasn't as bad as this.

The good thing is that TNT will be broadcasting baseball again later in the month.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/4/2022, 12:34 pm

Random Thought - Page 36 1f4a5

Happy Fourth officially.

Congrats to the Birmingham Stallions for winning the first championship of the USFL 2.0. It was one of the most exciting and entertaining championship games I have ever watched and literally came down to the final seconds.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/6/2022, 1:02 pm

Yesterday night was a night for Zombies:
    First Disney DX re-ran the Gravity Falls episode where Dipper uses the Journal to raise the dead which led to this line of dialogue:

Mabel: Dipper, What was the one thing I told you NOT to do?
    Dipper: Raise the Dead.
    Mabel: And what did you do?
    Dipper: Raised the Dead.

Which is the reverse of their usual characters.

Following that I watched half an hour of an episode of a HGTV series based in Seattle.

Then I watched School Live.

It's been raining on and off this week so far. We even had a bit of thunder.

Watched a rerun of Professor Louis Henry Gates, Jr.'s Finding Your Roots on PBS as well yesterday night.
    It was unique in that one of his guests was a white cast member of Modern Family who turned out to have a great great grandmother who was Black; the other guest was a Black radio talk show host whose biological great grandfather was White.
    What was more interesting was that his great grandfather was a Confederate Veteran!!!!! Razz

Welp! that's the thing about Genealogy in general: you can't predict what you'll find.
    Random Thought - Page 36 1f60b
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/8/2022, 3:23 pm

Like everybody else I was stunned to read of the assassination of former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe.
    RIP.
    Fortunately they were able to arrest the shooter on the spot.
    Terrible news for the people of Japan.

Evil seems always able to find a way to get its dirty work done. In this case it was a home made firearm.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/11/2022, 3:20 pm

So the Pinocchio stage of Penny's story arc is now finished as she is finally a real girl. Kinda strange having Human Penny standing there watching as Android Penny accomplishes her mission and destructs.
    The ending showed Cinder with the other refugees from Mantel.

Before the news of Abe's death came I was going to talk about something else, but that being important it took precedence over everything else.

What I was going to say was when I was watching The Big Bang Theory on TBS Thursday, I noticed in the episode where Sheldon gets upset over all the bickering going on, the scene where Penny and Leonard find him sitting in the corner in the Comic Shop, there's a semi-mannequin with an Kagome Inuyasha messenger bag. Cool

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/13/2022, 1:36 pm

This day started out bad for the internet as our server was out. Eventually it came back on.

Mowed the lawn as it was cool enough but had to stop twice to cool off and took a second shower afterwards.

At least I'm clean now! Random Thought - Page 36 1f604

Ordered my copy of the RWBY/Justice Leaguecrossover.

I wonder what the Remnant version of Clark Kent will be like. Also does he fight for "Truth,Justice and the Remnant Way"?

Yeah...DC getting rid of "The American Way" at the end of that slogan pissed off a lot of older Superman fans. among the worst decisions ever made by a comic book company.

Sharkfest all month long on Disney +, Nat. Geo and Disney XD. So all sharkphiles are gonna be happier than a Great White eating a Giant Squid.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/15/2022, 3:38 pm

We finally have an AC for our house. It's a small one but better than no AC for the Summer.

Thursday was Bastille Day.

Viva La France!!!!! Random Thought - Page 36 1f603 Random Thought - Page 36 1f603 Random Thought - Page 36 1f603

Having a certain ethnicity in my background I'm obligated to say that.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/18/2022, 12:40 pm

The reason I watched the raw of Please Save My Earth ep. 5 was unintentional as some how the fan sub wouldn't work on this particuliar episode although I tried at least four times to get it to work.
    The odd thing was this was just the dialog, it worked for the signs.

Still since it was a while since I last was able to watch I really don't have anything to complain about.

While watching RWBY yesterday night I was thinking that while Evil may win a few battles even a few decisive battles, here and there, in the end Good will always win the War. It may take a long while but Good always wins when the battle is Armageddon.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/20/2022, 12:45 pm

Finally got shipping confirmation for my order of RWBY/Justice League crossover. I'd really love to see a RWBY/Avengers crossover as well just to see Ruby say: "Avengers Assemble!" lol!

That never happen... Random Thought - Page 36 1f62b

Sad news: apparently the adopted daughter or granddaughter of one of my cousins died. She had a lot of health problems including cancer.

The Bidens are a very despicable family. They make the Gotti crime family look like a normal American family by comparison.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/22/2022, 2:28 pm

Twitchy ran a rather hilarious Twitter thread about a science writer who had a typo when he was posting about monkeypox. He meant to say that monkeypox is only common among homosexuals. Instead or writing that it was only common among men who had sex with other men, he ended up writing:
    "..... is only common among men who have sex with me..." lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

The dropping of the "n" at the end makes it hilarious!
    Nevertheless the replies were just as hilarious.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19028
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 7/23/2022, 6:37 am

lol
    Well, monkeypox isn't necessary an issue but it still poses a threat due to its contagiousness. We do have vaccines and everyone before 1975/6 has been vaccinated. The thing now is that we are running out of vaccines. It should be possible to get mass production within 6-8 months but as usual it's a question of political willingness to spend money.

With the new HIMARS and Mars missile launcher things are going well for the Ukraine. The russians are likely to use more longer range missiles and advanced drones. Well, I knew they and other vehicle launched systems and drones were key even before the beginning since they are the best solution for a moving/mobile warfare. But I admit I didn't expect the few 4-6 HIMARS would be such a game changer. Welp, I guess part of this is due to russian inability to intercept them.

Discord has been keeping me busy as the forum was before but just more engaging. And so crashy. And with the type and forget stigma... the convenience is devious. Anyhow, I've started a series of seikai wiki "discussion" analysis mostly technical than story or universe wise. The reason being some members are working on fanfics and it's the easiest part to go about for me that can provide realistic support backgrounds.

About the Jan6 committee: things are about to wrap up but looks like there's more being held back strategically. Overall not really surprising.. just confirming things we knew and with more case details.
    So I'm only remotely following and skip the rage discussion etc.

The more important issues have been Uvalde and Scotus...well everything comes down to Scotus these days. The systematic problems due to Scotus removing police responsibilities over the years.
    Now personal self determination rights, voting, marriage,... it's all coming within the next months.
    The judicial has fallen anything goes now.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/25/2022, 3:50 pm

Well abortion should have been left to the States to begin with. The way people are trying to make it look like it was outlawed is just a bunch of nonsense. It could only be outlawed nation wide if Congress made such a law, but they won't at least not in the foreseeable future. Too many are beholding to the abortion industry.

I don't think too many people really care about the Jan. 6 committee. It's not exactly Watergate or even Monicagate. I think most people realize that it's basically a farce to make sure Trump can't ever run again.

After re-watching Please Save My Earth I'm glad I got a Blu Ray player. I would never have been able to re-watch it otherwise. I noticed that with the Blu Ray player I can generally watch DVDs
    that the DVD player couldn't play because of scratches.

Yesterday at church we had problems with the sound system: at first everything went well but then we had echoes and feedback and nobody knows what was causing it.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/27/2022, 12:43 pm

I got my copy of the RWBY/Justice League crossover. Interesting enough Batman looks to be an actual Bat Faunus!

I read an article at the MeTv website that the death of Tony Dow may have been reported too soon. At the time of the writing he seemed to have still been alive, but he may have passed since it was originally posted.
    From what I understand he was very much like Wally Cleaver in real life.
    So now it appears that Jerry Mathers is the only one of the original cast from Leave It To Beaver still alive.

Funny thing is lately I seem to be tolerating the Yankees a lot more and even rooting for them from time to time. Part of it is, I think honoring the memory of my Aunt Mary's husband my late Uncle Jim who was a diehard Yankees fan, another part is that these Yankees aren't like some of the teams in the past.
    By that I mean there doesn't seem to be the ego that was part of so many past Yankee teams, especially when Steinbrenner owned them. Also it's a lot easier to root for someone like Aaron Judge than it was for Arod.

So for various reasons I've put them on my Top Five Favorite MLB Team List at #5 following the Cubs.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/29/2022, 3:17 pm

Hot today.

Then again it does make a difference in what you consider hot, if you live in the Mojave Desert it's probably cool; if you live closer to the Arctic, you'd be melting right along with the rest of us.

Some people on both sides of the political aisle keep talking about the possibility of another Civil War.
    I hope and pray to God we don't get so far gone in our division that it results in that. There would be some people, who once the fighting begins, would find themselves literally having slept with the enemy.

I'm also pretty certain that once the fighting began that Iran, Russia and China would all be sitting like hungry vultures on the sidelines waiting to swoop in at the end.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/1/2022, 2:24 pm

Since Yui Horie is in both Pretear and Shrine of the Morning Mist as well as Love Hina it's become a near Yui Horie Fest, animewise for now. Random Thought - Page 36 1f60e  Random Thought - Page 36 1f60e  Random Thought - Page 36 1f60e

Today I had a minor misunderstanding with our handy man; he thought I had the money to pay for the dump and I thought he had it, so I had to wait on a bench until he got back with the money.

It's gotten cloudier today.

Right now I'm most interested in finishing off Girls Und Panzer and Yuki Yunna Is A Hero. So far though Sentai only has the first season of the latter out the others are on HiDive only.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/3/2022, 12:42 pm

Forgot the mention of the fact of the passing of Nichelle Nichols this week. Hailing Frequencies Forever Closed. Random Thought - Page 36 1f625

Probably without MLK encouraging her we wouldn't have had Uhura for as long as we had; she wanted to quit after Season 1.

I wonder how many of today's stars and celebrities will be equally missed when their time comes.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/5/2022, 12:39 pm

Since a lot of ep. 8 of Love Hina takes place in Mokoto's mind, it's an interesting look at how she views the other characters:
    Naru is the beautiful heroine
    Keitaro is the childish and incompetent hero who is always being picked upon by his friends
    Su is like a cat: mischievous and spontaneous
    Kitsune is pretty much Kitsune
    Shinobu is both a baby in need of care and a caregiver
    Mokoto herself is a warrioress ( and she can't blame Keitaro for that outfit as it is her image of herself.... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Yeah....someone needs to really talk to Mokoto about her self image. lol! lol! lol!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/8/2022, 12:53 pm

After Labor Day I have to make my annual doctor appoinment to renew my prescription. Since I don't know which doctor I will be getting, it will be interesting to say the least.

Currently reading Burke Davis' biography of General J.E.B. Stuart. One point of interest is that once he learned his father in law refused to go South and join the Confederacy, he had his wife change their son's name to James E.B. Stuart, Jr. as he didn't want to hear the name of his father in law and his son had previously been named Philip St. George Cooke Stuart after his maternal grandfather.
    War will do that.

I think a lot of Americans are getting fed up with the Federal Government lately. It doesn't help that most foreign governments think Biden/Harris is one big joke.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/10/2022, 12:41 pm

Even some Democrats are incensed by what the FBI did raiding Mar-A-Lago. When you get even Andrew Cuomo questioning the reasons behind it you know you got trouble.

Also why were the searching Melania Trump's closets? Were they looking to "borrow" some of her clothes for their wives or girlfriends or mistresses? Or does the FBI really have cross dressers in its ranks?

That and the addition of 87,000 new gun toting IRS agents makes it look like the current Democrat party ought to drop Democrat from its name.

It's time to reconsider even if we have a Constitutional Republic any more, let alone a Democracy of any type.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/12/2022, 3:36 pm

Hmmmm.....new conspiracy theory has it that somehow Trump buried a lot of the documents that the Feds were looking for in ivana's casket....... Random Thought - Page 36 1f602

I see some people have too much time on their hands.

Maybe Bigfoot took them?

Anyways plan on watching ep. 12 of Crest on Monday.

I got my doctor appointment for the week after my dentist appointment, so the good thing is both will be done with by the end of the month....unless something unexpected happens.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/15/2022, 12:39 pm

I've decided what I'll be watching animewise for the rest of the year:

Tuesdays:

School Live and then .hack//sign after that Gunslinger Girl and finally
    Dual

Wednesdays:
    El Cazador de la Bruja

Thursdays:
    Love Hina and then Rin-Ne after that Azumanga Daioh

Fridays:

Angelic Layer

Saturdays:

Pretear after that Bleach and then Kaempfer

Sundays:

Shrine of the Morning Mist and then Grenadier.

.hack//sign, Gunslinger Girl,Bleach, Rin-Ne and Azumanga Daioh
    I only have a few episodes of each.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/17/2022, 12:53 pm

Welp, I was gonna order the first part of the GUP Das Finale movie trilogy but I decided to hold off for now. I figure I'm not in a hurry. I also see that Right Stuf has the complete Yuki Yunna Is A Hero collection but it wont be coming out until the 27th of next month. With it costing nearly $70, I think I will wait and make it my Christmas present to myself.

Season/Volume 9 of RWBY doesn't seem to be out yet so I will wait until sometime next year to get it.

I was hoping that Love Hina Again would be available but it wasn't so another title to look forward to.( Discoteck has it listed in their catalog so wonder if it's not out yet.)

With the last EVA Rebuild movie not available outside of Amazon for now and aside from the ones I've already mentioned is there any other anime I really need to add to my collection that I currently don't have?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/19/2022, 3:23 pm

So Crunchyroll and Rightstuf are now partners. This may be good or bad depending. Though it sounds right now like a win win for both sides. If prices are kept reasonable I don't see much of a problem. Then again I'm toward the end of my collecting, and as noted above have only a few more titles to complete my collection.
    Though I still need to add more live action and music cds to my collection.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/22/2022, 3:21 pm

Cloudy today.
    Tommorow I go to the Clinic for my doctor's appointment (actually it's a PA as my doctor retired from Clinic work and is concentrating on hospital work instead).

In church yesterday we had a sermon on Jonah and one of the illustrations was about an American B-17
    pilot named Charlie Brown and a Luftwaffe pilot named Franz Stigler. When they encountered each other during WW2 over Germany Brown's plane was pretty much shot up and instead of getting the kill shot,Stigler let him go. They met each other in the 1990s and became the best of friends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 12:39 pm