Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4203
    Imperial Credits : 17897
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 24 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 1/6/2020, 5:28 pm

Snow and more snow and more shoveling as the day goes on..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Reminds me of an Avengers comic I read last week where the Hulk is under a pile of snow and mutters, as he breaks out, "Stupid Snow!..."

Survived the dentist and don't have to go again until July when it's nice and warm out! Very Happy

After a few speed bumps was able to order part 2 of Utena online Saturday.

So far so good in the playoffs now if only Seattle and Minnesota can survive their games this weekend so we can have another Minnesota vs. Seattle show down.

And a month to Spring Training.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19004
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 1/7/2020, 1:31 pm

A cold is going around after the festivities. Until now I thought I escaped it but it seems I'm coming down with something... Oh well. Some social troubles have shown up recently. Some people can be so stubborn.
    My parents want to move "closer" to our relatives so I've been helping with clean up and donating stuff. Nothing is set though so I feel it's premature. Anyhow, my help was needed and some repairs had to be done.

In any case, looks like this years is gonna be full of trouble everywhere. Don't think hell will break out but it will have serious consequences non-the-less.

So there's new artificial pork meat at this year's CES 2020. Fake/artificial food is already everywhere and frankly I've my doubts whether these new ones are sufficient healthy. Fact is modern western food isn't good especially for our innards. There was some publications on this a while back.
    Everyone, including newborns have plastic particle in their blood so that's already a done deal. Dunno what's next, nano particle is already there, artificial DNA was found to have spread, and in one case blood transfusion/organ has changed one man's DNA recently. There's nothing left to anticipate.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/8/2020, 1:58 pm

Yeah, I read about that case. Even the DNA in his semen was affected. Weird.

Mainly icy today. It may snow or rain some more later on though.

Rained yesterday pretty hard.

I should be getting part 2 of Utena some time next week or so if all goes well.

Gordon Ramsey's 24 Hours to Hell and Back new season started yesterday. An 80 year old restaurant in Virginia was his first stop.

The second part of this season of The Resident premiered the hour before. Looks like we're headed for a show down by the season finale.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/10/2020, 4:50 pm

Comic Strips I really need to read:

1. Alley Oop
    2.Peanuts
    3.Sally Forth
    4.Spider-man
    5.Beetle Bailey
    6.Brewster Rockit: Space Guy
    7.Tiger
    8.Mandrake The Magician
    9.Prince Valiant
    10. Flash Gordon
    11.Dick Tracey
    12.Dilbert
    13.Snuffy Smith
    14.Liberty Meadows
    15.Lil Abner
    16.Broomhilda
    17. Todd The Dinosaur
    18.Blondie
    19.Off The Track
    20.Safe Havens
    21.Pluggers
    22.Annie
    23.9 Chickweed Lane
    24.Dennis The Menace
    25.The Family Circus
    26.Marmaduke
    27.Heathcliff
    28.Garfield
    29.Dragon Girl
    30.Ripley's Believe It or Not
    31.Sherman's Lagoon

Those are the top 31 comic strips on my list.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/13/2020, 2:05 pm

Power outages all around the region last night. our power went off around 4:30 and then come back on until 7:50 but the oven clock kept flashing 5:30.
    From what I now understand it had something to do with all the snow we got in the last couple of days.Just about everyone in the area was out and they still have people without power today.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/14/2020, 6:29 am

As good as no anime to watch so I'm kind of all anxious and excited about the new ST: Picard show.
    ST:Discovery shorts have sneaked in a little related peek in last ep.10 Children of Mars.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Short_Treks
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Children_of_Mars_(episode)
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Trouble_with_Edward_(episode)
    I'll try not to be disappointing about the Synths which are probably Borg inspired Cyborgs
    or Borg-Soong hybrid.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Synth
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Soong-type_android

I'm still sick but i'm getting better.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/15/2020, 2:12 pm

Get well, the flu is going around so hope that's not it.

David Stern, the former commissioner of the NBA died. Not too many Sonics fans are going to be mourning his passing though since he made a habit of stabbing Seattle NBA fans in the back after he sided with his pal Clay Bennett in okaying the re-locating of the team to OKC, and then regularly denied any chance of the NBA ever returning to the city.

Don Larsen also died, the only pitcher to pitch a perfect game in the World Series. The rest of his career both before and after basically sucked as he spent too much time partying.Something he even admitted to years after his retirement. But he did have that one bright moment in the sun thanks to
    Casey Stengel. I don't think any other manager would've risked sending a pitcher with his rep. on the mound on that particular afternoon.

Temp. was around 18 when I went to get the paper today.

Looks like the Dems are screwing Bernie Sanders again. Even if you don't agree with his politics you still have to wonder at the way they keep screwing it up so he can't get the nomination. The DNC simply hates Bernie has much as they hate President Trump.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/17/2020, 2:11 pm

It's what a month or less to when pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training?

Yeah, with no real team aside from the Chiefs to root for and none in the NFC it's time to look forward to another futile season of Mariners baseball. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

On the plus side we get to know what the name of Seattle's new NHL team is going to be soon.

So the Senator from Arizona that replaced McCain called a reporter a "liberal hack" and the media has kittens.

Thinking of waiting until next month to get my next bunch of comics.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/20/2020, 1:57 pm

European Space Agency is now experimenting to see if they can get oxygen from moon rocks.

Supposed to start warming up later on in the week here.

Finally announcement that Neon Genesis Evangelion final reboot movie is releasing soon in Japan.
    The trailers are out now. Unlike the others it won't be 4.0 or 4.44 but 3.0 + 1.0.

So wonder when the DVD and BD are going to come out. Also when is RWBY vol./season 7 going to come out on DVD and BD.

Final season of Agents of SHIELD supposed to be out some time this Summer. So three things to look forward to.

Niners vs. Chiefs for Superbowl.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/22/2020, 2:22 pm

Re-reading LOTR hence the new avvie is LOTR related. (Is that Eowyn?)

The Rohirrim are basically Tolkien's version of the Saxons.

Grey day today little or nothing happening right now.

Should be learning the name and colors for Seattle's NHL team any day now.

In case people missed it: Congress passed the new trade deal with Canada and Mexico. Something that people might of missed because something or other else was also happening at the time.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/24/2020, 4:18 pm

So 23andMe won't let anyone download their DNA on to their site if they took a test from a different company. Seems to me a lot of BSing coming from the company, in other words they seem more interested in making sure the people who test with them buy their kit. That seems fair and all but it still doesn't give a good excuse as to why people who took a different DNA test can't download at their site.
    As I said seems to be nothing but a lot of BS going on there.

And speaking of BS, the whole impeachment thing now seems to be one long bit of BS. Why do they need new testimony and evidence when the Democrats could have called for it when they ran the show in the House?

Nearly done with The Two Towers now and should get into The Return of the King by Monday.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/26/2020, 5:58 pm

Star Trek - Picard Ep.1 Remembrance
    is now airing!

SPOILER !!

SPOILER !!

SPOILER !!

Read at your own sorry and regrets!

You have been warned!

You can only blame yourself.

Last chance!

Spoiler:

A few surprises, well, maybe only half. At least one twist. Some weaknesses but not bad, worth a note at best. A few points on the detail choices I would criticize like the archive with items left behind by SF officers. It used to be (I believe) in the novels to be the planet of retired SF officers (Scotty's retirement home). All in all it's good. I'm satisfied and want more.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/27/2020, 2:14 pm

Not Lal though since she died.

RIP Kobe Bryant and daughter. One of the icons of the NBA. Hard to believe he's gone.

Rain has melted some of the snow so it looks more like early March or late February now than it does late January. Though snow is still in the forcast but temps are going to be in the high 30s and low to mid 40s for the next while.

Star Wars:Resistance had a satisfactory ending, still wish they had decided more than the two seasons but with The Mandalorian they probably wanted to focus more on the live action series than the animated ones. Like the fact that Tam finally saw the error of supporting the First Order, especially when she saw the bombardment of the planet. Some great action sequences as well. And Tam telling Kaz at the end that he's always been brave was a good ending.

Watched the final hour of Wonder Woman movie. More like a MCU than DCEU movie in some ways. Wish they'd do a Captain America meets Wonder Woman movie as that would be cool.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/29/2020, 2:12 pm

Christopher Tolkien had no good words for the movies made from his father's books. He basically thought they took too many key elements out and so ruined the entire plot.

Bernie needs to look to what some of his supporters and campaign workers are saying. He needs to purge the more radical element from his campaign as they're sounding like Bolsheviks and Jacobins.

Two or three weeks and the pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training.

Interesting it seems that when Alex Ross was working on DC's Kingdom Come he painted in the Monkees as the Monkeemen on one page. He did the same thing when he did a project for Marvel where he painted the Monkees in a crowd seeing watching Galactus. You can tell Michael Naismith because of his green toque.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/31/2020, 2:13 pm

It's still a toss up between Airi and Ritsuko as to which is my favorite character on Those Who Hunt Elves.

Rain today and they say we're supposed to get a wind storm by Saturday night.

Looks like Romney is the only GOP Senator thinking of voting yes on the question of witnesses and evidence. So now we see more reasons why he lost in 2012.

So let me get this straight in Virginia now you need to go through a lot of red tape just to own a hand gun, but if you want to become an abortionist all you need do is take a course in how to become a physician's assistant. Kinda backwards if you ask me.

Then again we're talking about Northam and company. See what happens when you remove statues of Confederates you get stuck with stupid.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/31/2020, 7:26 pm

Dunno why Romney is doing this but I doubt anything changes...

I'm still not sure how it's gonna play out in Virginia. For the immediate time I don't see it having much effect, though. You still can inherit guns from your parents. So it only affects new (fancy) guns you wanna buy and own. At least for few generations.

The international evacuation effort has concluded since today (china) and no flights are permitted out and into china.
    I feel for those who are stuck. (1000 americans, canadians and the rest)
    Heck, I dunno if the chinese even organize & distribute food for them. They are probably going to be fine for a week if they have stocked normally. By myself with a (really)full fridge I could get by for two at most (with some cut backs). But that's hardly enough. Such crisis usually lasts up to 6 months. The scale we face now hasn't been observed yet....

CBS said they would provide ST Picard pilot for free for a limited time on youtube.
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/01/watch-the-first-episode-of-star-trek-picard-free-on-youtube/
    I thought I would share it but when I tried it wasn't available... probably only lasted a few hours.

Anyhow, my uncle fell and lost consciousness so now he ended up with pneumonia in the hospital and for a time it looked bad. I dunno much since I'm not getting a lot of information on my end. Not much I can do anyway and from the start it's unlikely I'll get the opportunity to meet him again alive.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/3/2020, 2:59 pm

I feel for you as the same thing happened to an uncle of mine in Arizona. Just heard from my step-aunt and it sounds like they're waiting for him to be able to walk and swallow water and then get ready to put him in assistant living or extended care or something similar.

Yeah, a lot of people who do business in China are probably going to be stuck there for awhile at least. I have a cousin on my dad's side who does business there and other parts of Asia. Hope he wasn't there when the Wufu (as they are calling it) struck.

Congrats to both the Niners and Chiefs for having one of the best Superbowls ever and this time it really lived up to the billing as the Chiefs didn't get the go ahead score until the fourth quarter.It could've gone either way for much of the game.

At half time I turned the station to watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. They had one poor French Bulldog mix who was born with a cleft lip.

Got my new comics today, including two more Doom Patrol and two more Incredible Hulk, also another Star Trek (DC) and a Daredevil plus Supergirl from '95 and
    Superman. The Daredevil has Elektra on the cover which was the main reason I bought it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/5/2020, 10:46 am

Well, he's passed away. I don't know all the details since nobody bothers to inform the guy stuck at the end of the world. Being in the hospital might have worsen it or other unknown factors played a role. Anyhow, the funeral date is finally set and it's in 2 weeks. My parents and aunt etc. will be attending so they already bought their flights. Obviously, I won't go not like I could. *sighs*

Some governments are considering another combined evacuation effort but it's not likely as massive as last week's if ever. Most countries aren't able to handle the influx of so many needing quarantine anyway. So I believe if anyone it's most likely americans only.
    Currently, there is some concern about the production of medicine around the world as Wuhan is a major supplier of medical ingredients. China has forced re-opening and increased production yesterday but how long they can keep up...
    Meanwhile, missing supplies for other industrial sectors are taking effect around the world. It will be a while before the situation stabilizes and alternative sources have increased their production enough to cover it.

Currently, things are contained but still spreading in other region of china. It's been confirmed it can infect within the nose, mouth and stomage not just the lungs. And it's infectious while having mild cold symptoms. No vaccine has been confirmed yet. Even if it takes at least 3 months for the first batch but most likely 6 month.
    So the problem is it's likely to stay, become endemic and remain a danger to the world.
    I think this will impact china's economy as foreign companies are going to be wary about their supply line.
    I doubt this will put an end to their grand ambitions, though.

Star Trek-Picard ep.2
    Spoiler:
    It's intriguing. I kind of like it except for the technobubble that make no sense and forced elements. It doesn't feel quite "natural" "authentic" scifi. Btw. Picard can't figure out/like classic scifi novels. lol
    But hey it's the rattled lone on the war path old guy type of story.
    gotta love this classic intro https://youtu.be/xgBo7eWQlHY

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/5/2020, 2:12 pm

Sad to hear it.

We had our first acknowledged Wufu patient in Washington State about a week ago.

So we're probably looking at about a year or two before some sort of vaccine is even testable.
    Wonder if they would consider fast tracking it.

So now I have to play the same old yearly dance with Washington's Apple Care. Meaning frustrating time trying to log into my account to just see about renewal notice. I agree with my mom, I wish they'd just send it in the mail.

Mainly light drifting snow right now. Can't believe only a few days ago it was sunny and around 50.

So appears that my West Asian DNA includes Armenian and Assyrian.

My comics purchase for the month:

1.Star Trek #20 June 1991 DC
    2.Showcase 95 #1 January 1995 DC (Supergirl, Alan Scott GL & Argus)
    3.Superman #5 May 1987 DC
    4.Doom Patrol #6 March 1988 DC
    5.Doom Patrol #7 April 1988 DC
    6.Spider-Man 2099 #1 November 1992 Marvel
    7.Daredevil:The Man Without Fear #2 November 1993 Marvel
    8.The Incredible Hulk #373 September 1990 Marvel
    9.The Incredible Hulk #374 Ocotber 1990 Marvel

I'd like to get the more recent issues of The Immortal Hulk just to see how Peter Parker deals with having the Hulk possess Spider-man.

Only 16 days before the first Spring Training games begin.

Unofficially it looks like the new Seattle NHL team will either be the Sockeyes or the Kraken.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/7/2020, 8:06 am

The 12-18 month time for the vaccines is already fast tracked. Faster is possible if human and animal trials are skipped. That would cut a few months. In any case, we are looking at it roaming free for as long as two years.
    The good news is it's still in the lower corner but leaning toward the deadly side.
    Random Thought - Page 24 China-coronavirus-contain-promo-1580431440996-articleLarge-v7
    Frankly, it's a minor step toward any direction since everything is an exponential rate/equation.
    Let's hope it won't mixed up with a worse type and become a more dangerous strain. Due to the number of cases the likelyhood of it happening is high, though.

Ugh, I honestly haven't been checking on many of my state side memberships. Like my libraries' ones. I only noticed last week I lost my card for the Houston one some time ago. I also seem to lost accounts due to inactivities. *shrugs* Can't be helped. I wish to restore them but it seems impossible.

Interesting and intriguing, sounds like you can trace yours far into ancient times.

It seems to me Star Trek comics have been on the rise in "recent years/last decade" and seem kind of moving toward replacing novels or at last low level/short novels.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/7/2020, 4:25 pm

Yeah, haven't been to the book store at all for a long time, not able to get into Spokane main reason so don't know about the novel situation.

One of my fave Original Series novels is Mudd In Your Eyes because Mudd.

Yeah, it's surprising what you can find when you have your DNA tested. Though looking at a map of West Asia and Europe you can see how that could be. A lot of these regions are so close together.
    And then if you have ancestry from a centrally located European country like Austria or Germany, you can see how you may have gotten some Eastern European and even West and Central Asian.
    Also the fact that the Turks attacked Central Europe as late as the 16th century.

Last month I went to the library on Monday at 9:00 a.m. as per normal the first two weeks of the month but no-one was there so I don't know what's up whether they decided not come in on Mondays until later or what. So for now I've decided to give up on it. It's only an hour a week any way. Also not much to do there when I did get there. *Sigh* .
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/10/2020, 5:51 pm

H and I has new schedule starting Fridays:
    The District replaces Numbers.
    Saturdays Cop Block is replaced with War:
    7-8 pm Black Sheep Squadron
    8-9 pm Tour of Duty
    9-10 pm Combat
    10-11 pm The Rat Patrol two episodes
    11 pm-12 am 12 O'clock High
    All but Tour of Duty being WW2.
    Sundays Action replaces Westerns:
    11 am The Adventures of Superman
    12 noon Batman
    1 pm Wonder Woman
    2 pm Sheena
    3 pmThe Relic Hunter
    4 pm Beastmaster
    5 pm Mutant X
    6 pm Highlander
    7 pm War of the Worlds

I think Mutant X is the series a lot of people had wished The Gifted had been more like.

I also looked up that anime you recommended if it's as good as the trailer looks it be a must buy when it gets licensed for DVD and BD. I don't understand the part where she lost her leg but the loosing her eye to gain Wisdom sounds similar to what happened to Odin in Norse mythology.

11 Days until the first Spring Training games.
    Seems a lot of people go down to Spring Training because the games aren't as expensive.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/12/2020, 2:16 pm

So Felix is officially no longer a Mariner but a Brave. This is something that should've happened years ago when the Ms could've gotten something quality in exchange for him in a trade, but since he went to the Free Agent route they get nothing from Atlanta. Don't know how long he'll last with the Braves though. So it be interesting to see whether or not he has much gas left.

I haven't been to the library for a couple of months now. Main reason is that on Mondays when I generally go I haven't seen any cars parked in the parking lot at 9 when I usually come in,so don't know what's up whether they've decided to not come in until later or not until opening.

The Democrats seem to be doing all in their power to become a Third Party. Really if you are going to say that pro-lifers and moderate pro-choicers are no longer welcome in your party and also go with crazy ideas like $15-$22 min. wage and the New Green Deal, what do expect people to do? Not to mention the whole anti-gun thing.
    The fact is Townhall ran an article on how JFK ran in 1946 for Congress sounding very like a modern day Republican on Religious Liberty. He, of course, won.

That said I'm also tired of hearing other Christians say you have to vote their way to be considered a good Christian. That is of course garbage. It doesn't matter how you vote that makes a person a good Christian it's what's in their hearts.

ranting over for now.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/14/2020, 2:02 pm

So Virginian Democrats have basically taken the vote away from the people as they voted for what is basically an Anti-Trump bill that would make their Electors vote only for the winner of the popular vote,discarding totally the will of the people. E.g. if Virginians overwhelmingly vote for Trump but Bernie gets the popular vote then the Virginian electors would cast their vote for Bernie even though the majority of Virginian voters vote Trump. Of course if this same thing had been done when say Republicans were running Virginia and Obama was President we would be hearing a lot of cries about how unfair it was and how Unconstitutional it was; but since it's the D party, never mind.

When compared to the antics of the Democrats these days Ralph Nader actually looks more inviting as a candidate.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/17/2020, 4:07 pm

My remaining uncle on my mom's side died overnight. Got the call from my cousin-in-law today.

So now it's just down to my mom and last remaining aunt. All of my dad's family have already died and my dad was the last.

The Greatest Generation is dying away and soon will be all gone. I wonder what heritage those of us who are Boomers and Gen Xers are going to leave behind.

Re-reading Crisis on Infinite Earths TPB. The original and still the best of the whole Crisis lot.

MLB season starts with pre-season in 4 days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 4:06 pm