Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4203
    Imperial Credits : 17897
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 32 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 12/1/2021, 1:58 pm

Pi and Rho should be the next China Virus variants. Have fun with the Pi variant 'cause it goes on forever! Or should it be called The Virus of Pi?
    Actually Omicron should be Nu and the next should be Xi, except for the stupid WHO that wants to kiss Xi's butt.

(Chinese dictator not Greek letter.)

On the bright side it looks like Omicron isn't as bad as Delta. More contagious but it appears that people who got it got over it after a day or two of staying home.

Meanwhile Secretary Peter "Butthead" wants everyone including farmers to drive electric to help drive down the cost of gas. Except nobody but the rich can afford EVs and the cost of re-charging them is higher than the cost of a gallon of regular gas.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/3/2021, 1:52 pm

Yes, Taiwan is a sovereign nation. It's more properly called : The Republic of China. We need to go back to a two China policy and recognize that fact, although at this point in time it be hard to get the ROC back in the UN to act as a counterpoint to the PRC.

Then again if the Palestine Authority can have a seat in the UN why not the Republic of China?

It's hard to believe it's almost Christmas. I think it be better if we concentrate more on the religious aspects of it then on the overly commercial parts.

Still waiting for Amphibia part 3 to drop at Disney XD nights the way The Owl House season 2 did. I know they're supposed to be for kids but they actually are better written and acted than some of the live action shows on the major networks.

Gripe: They keep calling Attack On Titan opening that Rep. Gosar turned into a meme: a Cartoon! Random Thought - Page 32 1f636
    Random Thought - Page 32 1f611
    Myself I would have used Tokiko from Buso Renkin (as I think I said before), I mean there's nothing more awesome than a meme where you use her catchphrase: "I'll Slaughter Your Guts!"
    lol!

Next week I plan to place my Christmas order.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/6/2021, 7:29 pm

Let's call it what it is:The Republic of China on Taiwan. There are two separate China's: one free and democratic and the other tolitarian and communist.

Welp looks like we got a new minister for our church finally! Very Happy

Though if things go well he'll only be part time.

Friday is the day I order my Christmas present for myself.

If it weren't for Tech Tv originally airing their anime block: Anime Unleashed after Thunderbirds I wonder if I would be an anime fan today. Tech tv one of the best little networks that ever was. Random Thought - Page 32 1f483
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/8/2021, 1:57 pm

The real problem with the Wuhan Flu/China Virus/Covid 19 is that Government has become overly addicted to the added power so of course they'll use any excuse to not give it up and let people go back to living their lives as normally as possible. Australia is a good example, even though there is no real threat from people who test negative they still lock up any one in what are essentially internment camps if they simply had contact with a person who might have been infected. They also prevent people from going no farther than 5 kilometers from home.
    This of course is no guarantee that it will stop the virus from spreading; but Australia is doing it because it makes them feel like they're in charge and that's the problem. If we had less government
    involvement at this stage and simply allowed people to make up their own minds about what to do,
    perhaps we wouldn't be so paranoid.
    Admittedly early on travel bans and quaratines of people traveling from infected areas did make sense along with shutting down the border; but now with the virus so ubiqitous they no longer make any sense.
    I'll end my rant by noting nothing that Biden is doing now makes much sense since his government is also letting infected illegals in and not even testing them for the virus or stopping them from entering the country. The fact of the matter is we are going to see higher rates of infection as long as the lunatics in charge of our government continue to have one rule for citizens and legal aliens and another for illegals.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/10/2021, 1:45 pm

I should point out that $77 is still $2 cheaper than what it cost for me to order my first (cheek swap) DNA kit from FTDNA.

I still can't believe it's Christmas in two weeks. Time has gone fast.

We have a small artificial tree that takes only a few minutes to set up; we also have a larger one that is more complicated because it has so many moveable branches that it is hard to put together and take down.
    We're going with the former since it's easier.

Funny how many people miss the meaning of Christmas especially since it's in the name of the holiday: Christ Mass or the Mass that celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/13/2021, 2:20 pm

According to the pop culture critic over at The Federalist the only three things that are good about the live action version of Cowboy Bebop on Netflix are John Cho playing Spike, the actor who plays Jet and of course the music of Yoko Kanno. Everything else is pretty much garbage. Apparently the actress who plays Faye isn't even interested in seeing the original anime.

In another article the same critic revealed what we pretty much all suspected about the whole female version of Dr. Who: it was basically a gimmick to please the overly woke crowd. It was so bad that the show started to bleed viewers after a few episodes. The article went on to say that this version is now (thank the gods of tv) apparently dead. Bad Wolf productions, the company of the man who originally brought the series back to tv is rumored to be interested in picking it up and hopefully get rid of all the garbage and return it to what it was always supposed to be.

If they do I wonder if they can get Peter Calpadi to revise the role of the 12th Doctor.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/15/2021, 1:53 pm

Went to Safeway and wound up getting my first ever box of Pocky. Hockey tonight. Random Thought - Page 32 1f60d Cool

So there seems to be some sort of war going on now between Fox News and Newsmax. Fox News used Townhall as their proxy this week to bash Newsmax.

It seems to me that most people don't really care about mask or vaccine mandates any more. I've been to Safeway several times without a mask on and no-one made a fuss. Guess all the "Karens" live either on the Coasts or else in the Beltway.

Yesterday the total from the tornado strike over the weekend hit 88. Most of it seems to have been in Kentucky as it is the State that is getting the most press.

Elon Musk is man of the year for Time.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/17/2021, 4:31 pm

I don't know if it was the Snyder Cut or the original but TNT aired Justice League yesterday night.

Re-reading the first three issues of Marvel's Voyager comic. Monday-Wed. re-read three of the Early Voyages comics that Marvel came out with. The idea of doing something involving Pike and a young Spock was rather interesting. The Chakuun, were especially an interesting alien race since they may be where the idea of the Centaur might have come from.

Wed. Watched most of the Anaheim/Seattle game on TNT. The Ducks won 4-1 so didn't miss anything once I decided to turn it off.

As the announcers kept saying, the Kraken are still trying to find who they are as a team.

For some reason my alarm went off at 4:55 today.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/20/2021, 4:15 pm

My plan, now that I have RahXephon the complete series plus movie is to watch the movie first and then the tv series.

I think I said that before already, but now that I have it I can make definite plans.

AFAIG with the Omicron variant, so far it seems to be a lot of hype. Though they're probably talking about clamping down because Government, meaning Big Swampy Government, needs an excuse to remain in control; even though just allowing people to live their lives normally would be the best thing to do.

After all it has gone from being: "We need to flatten the curve!" to "You need to trust us or else!"
    In other words BSG (Big Swampy Government) ain't giving up control of our lives any time soon!
    Also Big Pharma needs all that cash from us and if we use cheap available drugs like Ivermectin and HCQ, they won't be able to have the dough to bribe BSG with in order to manufacture more expensive drugs that we probably don't need because the cheaper and just as effective ones are still around.

Speaking of healthcare: my doctor decided to give up his clinic duties to concentrate on working in the hospital so right now I need to look for a new one. Since I don't have to go back until October, I can take my time for now.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/22/2021, 4:47 pm

It's past time to worry about variants and to realize Covid-19's here for good and we need to get used to the fact. It's time therefore to start talking about how to keep healthy so when we do get Covid-19 we don't need to go to the hospital.

Christmas in only three more days.... and no Joe...we don't need government permission to celebrate.
    Random Thought - Page 32 1f385 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Watched the Disney special: Mickey Mouse's Duck The Halls on Disney Channel as well as watching part of the Duck Tales marathon on Disney XD.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19004
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/24/2021, 1:37 pm

Merry Xmas, everyone! santa cheers

Have fun and enjoy the time you have.

Yes, next year will be harsh with Omicron but it's unavoidable. And likely there could be an Ukraine war.
    I doubt omicron will end the pandemic because of the waves going around the world as well as infected wild animals.
    Ideally, everyone would be sick and recover at the same time within 4 weeks... only then would it be possible for it to end. Currently, full vaccination only is good for 1 month, with boosters 2 months. New vaccine adjusted for omicron will get mass production starting in march 2022. If you are vulnerable get boosted but remember
    It's pointless to get vaccinated when you are infected at the time
    As well as within 2 weeks after recovering. You would only put a high strain on your body making things worse.
    Let's hope there won't be a more deadly variant based on omicron...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/24/2021, 3:49 pm

From what I keep hearing the more infectious a virus becomes the less deadly it becomes, because it has to spread itself thin.

I doubt we will have a war in Ukraine as it seems that Putin right now is simply taunting Biden. I think what will happen is the Ukrainians will be pressured to put a Putin Puppet in place as President and then he will sign a treaty with Russia in order to keep Ukraine out of NATO. The other thing is that Ukraine will then "recognize" East Ukraine as part of Russia.

The Nativity scenes are wrong in that the Magi and Shepherds would have never met since the Shepherds came the night Jesus was born but the Magi not until two years later and Joseph and Mary were living in a house.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/27/2021, 4:31 pm

More and more looks like 1/6/21 was a set up by the Deep State Feds.

Amphibia S3 starts at 7:30 pm Monday January 10,2022 on Disney XD. They are pairing it up with The Ghost And Molly McGee.

Superman And Lois is set to start S2 on January 11.

Reading: No North, No South...The Grand Reunion of the 50th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Today's generation could learn a lot from those old Civil War veterans from both sides.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/29/2021, 4:24 pm

It go to 5 degrees this morning and right now is around 18 or 19 degrees. The good thing is that means it will warm up sooner or later.

In the '90s it sometimes got as low as the -40s at times in the Winter. I can remember walking in the fields going for the mail with our dog and it be so cold I could walk over the snow without falling in.

I don't think it will ever get that cold now, but it feels like it will get pretty cold this Winter.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/31/2021, 1:37 pm

Happy 2022.... I hope....Everybody! Random Thought - Page 32 1f378 Random Thought - Page 32 1f378 Random Thought - Page 32 1f378

Remember not to drink and drive unless you're drinking coffee or pop but not too much pop! or sparkling cider. Sparkling cider's a good way to drive in the new year.

Tommorrow is the annual Outdoor Hockey, this year it's the Wild vs. the Blues in Target Stadium in Minneapolis. Appropriate the annual outdoor NHL game is being played in the State of Hockey.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Though I think the actual State of Hockey is probably better than the State of the Union right now.

15 degrees again this morning when I went out to shovel. Where's Global Warming when you really need it?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/3/2022, 2:37 pm

Another snowy day here in Siberia America Southwest. lol!

One of my cousins came to take my mom to the dentist today. Talked about the death of legendary actress Betty White. Before she died she was asked if she made it to Heaven what was the one thing she hoped the Lord would say to her, and she is said to have answered: "Betty, here's Allen waiting for you."
    or something like because of the undying love she and her late husband Allen Ludden the host of Password had for each other. Random Thought - Page 32 1f495  Random Thought - Page 32 1f495  Random Thought - Page 32 1f495

For now Eva is over but I don't think we have yet to have the final last word. Although some are saying that 3.0+ 1.0: Trice Upon A Time brings it to an end finally. It may be Anno's last word but I doubt it will be the last word on or about Eva. Remember when everyone thought that End of Evangelion was the final say? Don't be too surprised if decades from now some maverick Japanese or American animation director decides to try a new take on the franchise perhaps using one of the alternate world manga as a template.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/5/2022, 4:30 pm

At least I have the complete series and movie for RahXephon as I don't know when I'll ever get the final Eva rebuild movie.

According to Biden it's 2020 again, so does that mean we get a redo with the election in November? Laughing

Only a month and then two things: my first dental appointment of '22 and pitchers and catchers start reporting to Spring Training, if there's going to be a Spring Training because of issues.

Even though Youngkin hasn't been sworn in as Governor yet, a lot of people are blaming him for the pile up on I-95; the fact that the Governor can't do anything about it whether it's Northam or Youngkin seems not to matter to them.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/7/2022, 4:23 pm

And now today it is nearly 40 degrees with rain. Went out around 5:45 am to do some shoveling and found that the snowplow had left a gigantic berm. So spent a few minutes every half hour or so working away at it and got as much done today as I could. The rain makes it difficult to shovel and the size of the berm was like trying to dig up and move the Matterhorn.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/10/2022, 4:12 pm

Tonight, finally the Season 3 premier of Amphibia on Disney XD followed by The Ghost and Molly McGee. Never thought I'd be this excited about 'toons at my age, then again when you look out and see what's happening in the world it's good to have some form of escapism whether it's 'toons or anime.

Tommorrow is the Season 2 premier of Superman and Lois on theCW. And now we'll see how alt-Lois' daughter reacts when she discovers the woman who is her mother's doppleganger is married to the doppleganger of the man who killed her.

I think if I had a choice of streaming services I'd pick Disney+ not just for the 'toons but also because
    She/Hulk is one of those Marvel shows I want to see.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/12/2022, 3:43 pm

RIP Bob Saget best known for playing America's favorite dad, Danny Tanner on Full House. Ironically enough his actual stand up act was said to be raunchier than his clean cut character reputation from the show. Aside from that he was the first and most beloved host of America's Funniest Home Videos. Random Thought - Page 32 1f625 Random Thought - Page 32 1f62a

Amphibia Season 3 episode 1 thoughts:
    1) The girls have been missing for five months when Ann and the Plantars arrive back at Ann's home.
    2) Ann, Marcie and Sasha live in Los Angeles.
    3) This is the first episode to include Ann's father, her mother has been either seen or heard in at least three previous episodes in flashback form.
    4) The Buchoys are either Buddhist or else Ann's parents keep the Buddha statue and other memorbilia as a reminder of their Thai heritage.
    5) King Andrias is addicted to the book series Marcie has been reading and she seems to have lent him a copy.

The Ghost And Molly McGee ran previously on Disney Channel but it's the first time on Disney XD.

Superman And Lois Season 2 ep.1 the main thing here is that Lois and Natalie (alt-Lois' daughter) seem to be having problems at the first with each other. They only seem to have gotten to reconcile with each other only at the end. Also Clark starts to expierence some sort of seizures.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/14/2022, 4:07 pm

I went through and counted how many anime I watched per year from 2016 to 2020. Not counting Mondays, I averaged around 22 per year counting holdovers from the previous year. The total number I have watched in the last five hears has been 148.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/17/2022, 4:30 pm

Re-reading Doctor Who, The Sixties. Interesting that at the end of his life Patrick Troughton perfered to do American cons because he thought he'd be typecast by doing British ones.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/19/2022, 1:40 pm

I think the curse of collecting is not knowing when to stop and just sit back and relax and enjoy what you have. That is why I've decided to only finish certain titles like Girls Und Panzer when it comes to anime. I think I will switch to live action as I need to add more to my live action collection.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/21/2022, 7:43 pm

We have been around 30-40 degrees last couple of days here. Someone has been going around and clearing off the sidewalks,which is good.

AFAIG it looks like Putin is bidding his time with Ukraine waiting to see what Biden will do next.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/24/2022, 4:13 pm

I doubt Putin is going to invade Ukraine quite yet. I think he's still patiently playing it cool while waiting to see how Biden will react. Since Ukraine isn't part of NATO, NATO doesn't have any real reason to step in and neither has the US. Though I still think the whole thing will end with Putin forcing a Pro-Moscow
    President on the people of Ukraine. Though it's hard to read Putin right now. He might simply, again, be taunting a rather weak and lame Biden.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 9:49 am