Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+7
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
Schwenkdawg
mitsuki lover
AlexT
JGZinv
11 posters

Random Thought

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12460
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Random Thought - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by AlexT 7/23/2012, 6:11 am

I suspect mosquitos do not come from outside (it's too high for them) - they probably have a base somewhere in my appartment - it's the only way to explain why i see their "scouts" even during the winter, when windows are shut for good. Shocked
    So as you can see Admiral - we're dealing with major infestation here, direct action (even using flyswatter) is not effective - the enemy is able to receive reinforcements at alarming rate. The only chance is to eliminate them all at once thus i had to authorize the use of chemical weapons bounce

P.S.It's one of those "Raid "things that emit some smell which mosquitos do not like i guess, it's not like i'm using mustard gas or something Very Happy
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18984

Post by Almael 7/23/2012, 11:39 am

Priority: WISP
    Security level: Commander's eyes only
    Encryption: Cinderella

Contents:
    Your Sitrep has been received and reviewed.
    As field commander you are authorize to act at your discretion according to ROE.

Enemy scouts must not return with valuable information.
    Make this your utmost priority.

INTEL predicts a 500% increase in enemy activity within the coming weeks.
    Ground Combat and Raid Patrols have been dispatched in surrounding areas.
    Expected effect on enemy activity is 25%.
    New spider bots have been sent but may not make it to you.
    Further reinforcements will not be available at this time.
    Operation Rain, the bombardment of enemy bases has been delayed.
    INTEL doesn't expect it to be successful.
    We recommend you sit tight and wait for winter to come.
    Reinforce your perimeter. Thw use of skin nanobots for defence is authorized. You may intensify deployment of the RAID device at your discretion.

The production of an electronic sonic warfare device has been completed the week before.
    It has been made available for field test, but we are unable to determine its usefulness yet.
    It should be available at your local storage shade.

SF Command will determine further actions upon your compromised position and possible infiltration. A new base of operation is being considered at this time.

Good luck, Commander.

Admiral of Operations, KOTS warfront
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17869
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 7/23/2012, 2:22 pm

I just generally try to swat the buggers with my hands and see if I can be fast enough to at least discourage them from buzzing me.If all else fails I fall back to covering myself with all my blankets at night,after awhile they tend to stop or else I finally fall asleep.
    The most annoying thing to me about mosquitoes is the buzzing sound they make when they're flying around you.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/25/2012, 1:04 pm

How can you sleep under blankets without overheating or choking.
    Mosquitoes don't really serve anything other than feeding fish and dragonfly... their metamorphing/bloodsucking isn't that necessary other than increase their survival. I wouldn't miss them if they are gone, but I guess we will be gone before them.

It seems "tombraiders" are eager to scavenge Mona Lisa's skeleton. silent

I see the women soccer olympics are already underway. I wonder how the japanese will do this time, and when do we get to see a manga about it. Laughing In any case, it would be a rare female soccer manga.

Assats moves his troops from the borders to fight inland. Looks like he's gonna fall fast. And the rebels say they control all the way to turkey (, their supply route). If that's not a confession...
    Turkey closes the border but allows trucks, lorries (+goods) to pass.

Edit:
    The technical description to the cracking of agrippa are now available:
    http://www.crackingagrippa.net/submissions-toc.html
    Still can't believe how these bloody noobs nerdy people couldn't figure it out for 20 years. Although I could tell with a glance how basic it is, some confirmation was needed. Perhaps they never ever looked up what cryptography is.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/25/2012, 2:19 pm

My parents left for Seattle today.
    So I am by myself until Friday.

Mariner Nation is trying to cope as best as possible with the loss of Ichiro to the
    dreaded Yankees,though they did give him a nice round of ovation on his first Yankee at bat(so surreal).What's hilarious is when A-Rod came up to bat he was of course
    booed lustily(they still haven't forgiven him for taking the money and running when
    the Rangers offered it to him in '01! lol! )What a difference and only shows how
    classy Ichiro is. king
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 7/26/2012, 5:25 pm

Thanks to your precise instructions the mosquito problem was almost eliminated, admiral Very Happy
    For now i just i turn on the smelly thing for about an hour - they do not return after that and i can breathe normal air again. But i'll try to get one of those electric things in the future.

The heat is back Sad
    I never liked summer, but i dislike hot summer even more. It's not that i'm not used to it, just never liked it. SOmehow it affect my motivation - i can perfectly do what i "must", but once i get back home after a hot day - i don't feel like doing anything except for watching tv etc. Too bad cuz i have tons of small creative projects at home that need doing, all waiting for the winter i guess...

Decided to upgrade my stereo system a little with a good external DAC, was thinking about going after some real hi-end stuff at first, but in the enddecided to save a little and go for "inexpensive" 800$ model Embarassed
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/27/2012, 6:29 am

I understand your plight well. I wish the weather would be mild all year, but that's not possible in this universe.
    In summer it's best not to open your windows from 9am to 7pm because the heat and humidity come into your cooler home. Humidity makes it worse for your feeling and help molts in your home.
    It's better to open when the air is cooler at night.

Yeah, don't have that kind of money to spare either. Well, stereo has
    always been expensive for some reason, while sound/audio has become like dirt cheap for computers for many years. I guess the higher power parts cost a lot more. Maybe it's because not many buy, hence, higher prices, too.

The olympic security force rules of engagement is said to be shoot first ask later. They placed missiles and snipers on roof tops. There are also olympic lanes. I wonder if your change lanes will get you a missile for free. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/27/2012, 1:11 pm

It does sound a bit over the top though.Yes,I know security is important but I hardly doubt that
    we're going to ever have a repeat of '72.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 7/27/2012, 6:07 pm

The hunting season will open soon, and i still can't fix my Jeep - i guess its old and even its raw simplicity and reliability can't help forever. Neutral

Almael wrote:Well, stereo has always been expensive for some reason, while sound/audio has become like dirt cheap for computers for many years. I guess the higher power parts cost a lot more. Maybe it's because not many buy, hence, higher prices, too.
    It's not just about how many buy, there's actually a huge market out there, they just cost a lot more to make. I once thought brands just make a lot of profit, but after years of reading/talking to people from hi-fi industry i realized it's not that simple...
    ___
    Now i managed to catch cold in all this heat

Almael, maybe you have a pic (screenshot) of station dock (maybe with roil parked in there)? There was plenty of these but right now can't find it... Need it as reference for a little pic i'm making
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/29/2012, 6:35 pm

How did you get a jeep out there? Well, your area is as bad for machinery as asian jungle, half the time at least. Laughing
    Maybe taking it apart and cleaning cleaning it up may help but that's probably not feasible.

I see.
    You must have got the AC-cold (air conditioning). I think I got a bit of it, too. This comes from the quick changes we go through and the cold air from AC around us. Getting a cold in the desert.... *bleargh* :/

WE got luck. after I deleted all the show screenshot I only got the movie version left. And it's special rare ones, too.
    Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-070Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-096Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-100Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-104

Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-938Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-982Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-990Random Thought - Page 21 Th_Bots1Movie-991
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 7/29/2012, 7:53 pm

Almael wrote:How did you get a jeep out there? Well, your area is as bad for machinery as asian jungle, half the time at least. Laughing
    Actually Jeep (grand cherokee) is the cheapest 4x4 you can get\maintain here (though not very popular as all US cars because of low-tech or fuel consumption), but i had some experience with US vehicles so i stick to them (for 4x4 at least).
    Asian jungle? Shocked The guests from Europe are often surprised by average $ of cars they see on the streets here Very Happy
    What's even more surprising - the prices for cars here are about twice as high compared to US or more (because of taxes). Ford Focus for example starts at 20000$ ... Shocked

You must have got the AC-cold (air conditioning).
    I thought so, but i suspect the real reason was drinking the cold beer Embarassed

Yea, these pics are just what i need, thanks

Last edited by AlexT on 7/30/2012, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/30/2012, 1:59 pm

Looks like one of these days I will be going to move into the basement as my mom wants her younger sister to come live with us.I will be taking my DVDs and books,including manga,with me when I make the move.The only thing was when we were doing a bit of cleaning down there yesterday noticed it was a bit
    humid.Should I worry much about the humidity?
    I looked up several sites earlier in the morning and the concensus is that as long as you keep the discs dry and out of direct sunlight there's no problem.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/30/2012, 3:52 pm

I see. The prices figures since they are imported. I hear many "acquired" vehicles go to Polan maybe these are cheaper. *ahem*
    Well, your area has high temperature changes between winter/summer and in summer places turn to mud and all. So the wear is similar to asian as opposed to region with a mild climate.

You're welcomed.

I think it gets more complicated with each day as the world gets more connected and people get better informed. So we can no longer deceive the locals any more. On the other side we have been playing all and any sides anyway. Any enemy has been a "friend" at some point. We have been regularly backstabbing or insulting or offending or doing things behind allies' backs...all and any ways have been exploited since ever. It's not a question of if there is any other way but if people let us do it. And note the british and french are no better in this regard. Frankly, the russian and germans are historically the most reliable allies if you discount the nazis, stalin.
    As to news media, they are very manipulative (propaganda) these days...

Mitsuki, heat and humidity are bad. Also pressure is bad. You should get some boxes and put those water/humidity sucking bags inside.

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 7/30/2012, 4:30 pm

Almael wrote:Well, your area has high temperature changes between winter/summer and in summer places turn to mud and all. So the wear is similar to asian as opposed to region with a mild climate.
    Sorry, i though you mean we have poor service/cars here. Smile Small stupid misunderstandings will never stop to haunt me unless i spend some time in a place where english is native and not the "universal language".

It's not just climate - our roads are treated with salt at winter that "eats" cars pretty fast... That's why i want Audi - it's made of aluminium, let's see if that will last Wink Btw, 90% cars come to Poland from Germany these days

Almael wrote:It's not a question of if there is any other way but if people let us do it.
    I hope they don't. The world's peace seem fragile now...

Anyway, will you continue your story soon? bounce
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/31/2012, 5:32 am

AlexT wrote:I hope they don't. The world's peace seem fragile now...
    Reminds me. Since you've read a lot of nietsche do you know where he said something about inventions, mad guys & how society views the process: idea <-you're crazy; built <- don't need it; everywhere used <- without us it wouldn't have been possible

Need a bit of your time for:
    Does this make any sense in russian? It's what Lafiel said in UMK lang.
    "Pan dongu zop koth ri ji. Neik go shek!" (Tokyopop translation may need some creative thinking)
    Also, please supply a description of the Abh ground force, Commander.
    It will be reviewed for next months army magazine (wiki). Very Happy
    You may supply a picture or illustration if you wish. There is no deadline for the pic.

AlexT wrote:Anyway, will you continue your story soon? bounce
    Yes.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/1/2012, 1:46 pm

Looks like Obama might be descended from America's first documented African slave,John Punch.It depends though if the John Bunch is verified as Obama's 9xs great grandfather was indeed the grandson of
    the said John Punch.That would be on his mother's side,all interesting but not relevant to the election.Though I suspect some on the left will try to make it so.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/1/2012, 2:32 pm

Since he's not K.O. who cares. Laughing And seeing as how W. B. got it a 2nd time my bet is 2:1 BO will stay. Not that I particular think any of them is the right choice...sad
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/1/2012, 4:36 pm

I have 2 internet connections at my home and i'm stuck with no internet for 2 days, had to use the mobile Evil or Very Mad

Almael wrote:Reminds me. Since you've read a lot of nietsche do you know where he said something about inventions, mad guys & how society views the process: idea <-you're crazy; built <- don't need it; everywhere used <- without us it wouldn't have been possible
    I didn't really read all that much, it's just even when you read books or play some games you can't miss Nietsche's qutoe here and there. I remember something that sounded like this but don't remember exactly now, i'll look into it...
    Need a bit of your time for:
    Does this make any sense in russian? It's what Lafiel said in UMK lang.
    "Pan dongu zop koth ri ji. Neik go shek!" (Tokyopop translation may need some creative thinking)
    Definately not in russian, maybe closer to ukraininan or polish, but not by much - even if there's connection it could be just very bad translation as it happens in anime, like in Last Exile-2 - there's a whole Russian nation in that anime and all talk with horrible accent so i couldn't understand half of it Very Happy

Also, please supply a description of the Abh ground force, Commander.
    It will be reviewed for next months army magazine (wiki). Very Happy
    You may supply a picture or illustration if you wish. There is no deadline for the pic.
    Since you asking me i suppose you don't expect facts, but my imagination? Smile I remember you once said there's no real mention of Abh ground forces (if they exist at all) except those mercs in Anime.
    I remember we once came to the conclusion that Abh ground force (if any) are concentrated around Intelligence as small black/spec ops teams, but it all depended IF it is possible to land on UMK controlled (and patrolled in space) planets unseen. If not then these teams only operate within Abh borders which means they are few. They sure exist, even though we only seen mercs in Anime... That situatiou surely was important enough to use such a team, but alas.. Sad

As for pic - i'd gladly doo it, i once tried to draw Abh armor, but wasn't very successfull. Embarassed I got a little better at it and will post a little illustration soon and if it works i'll try to draw that armor anew Wink
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/1/2012, 9:15 pm

AlexT wrote:I have 2 internet connections at my home and i'm stuck with no internet for 2 days, had to use the mobile Evil or Very Mad
    Do you know what happen then? My area got new cables some months ago, and they somehow forgot to reconnect me. I was patient so I waited but in the end I had to complain. I was offline for a months. :/

AlexT wrote:
    you can't miss Nietsche's qutoe here and there. I remember something that sounded like this but don't remember exactly now, i'll look into it...
    It's not so important but would be nice if you can find it.

AlexT wrote:
    Definately not in russian, maybe closer to ukraininan or polish, but not by much - even if there's connection it could be just very bad translation as it happens in anime, like in Last Exile-2 - there's a whole Russian nation in that anime and all talk with horrible accent so i couldn't understand half of it Very Happy
    I guess it's the typical japanese pronouciation problem like their engrish. But then again Exile2 has quite good engrish texts compared to other animes. I can translate their news papers and messages without much correction.

AlexT wrote:Since you asking me i suppose you don't expect facts, but my imagination? Smile I remember you once said there's no real mention of Abh ground forces (if they exist at all) except those mercs in Anime.
    I remember we once came to the conclusion that Abh ground force (if any) are concentrated around Intelligence as small black/spec ops teams, but it all depended IF it is possible to land on UMK controlled (and patrolled in space) planets unseen. If not then these teams only operate within Abh borders which means they are few. They sure exist, even though we only seen mercs in Anime... That situatiou surely was important enough to use such a team, but alas.. Sad
    Correct Commander, your abilities precedes you. Smile
    They are mentioned in Cots2/3 and the side stories about the revolt.
    Ground troops have their own command ship, something like the LHAs.
    I should put this into the wiki...
    There are certainly troops that hold bases and prisoner camps. And like Star Trek and (?) the crew also serve as troops when needed albeit not that well trained. I do believe entering ships are practically non-existent (any more) in actual battle, but it doesn't mean there are no such cases. It's very possible for this to occur very often at the special trade ports between the nations and the empire. Stealing infos or even smuggling who knows. Wink
    The various imperial intelligence agencies are active on imperial worlds as mentioned in Cots. They do research only, though. The empire does not really interfere.
    You can talk about anything. It will be reviewed then we will see how to put it into the wiki. The shoutwiki can have a forum so maybe this will make it worth for people to come and get active, too. I should talk to the staff about setting it up...

AlexT wrote:
    As for pic - i'd gladly doo it, i once tried to draw Abh armor, but wasn't very successfull. Embarassed I got a little better at it and will post a little illustration soon and if it works i'll try to draw that armor anew Wink
    Anything is fine as long as it makes sense. We don't wanna have 300s nakees. Laughing If you need my design suggestion/thoughts I could put some together, but I would like to have or see other perspectives.
    I will trust your experience in the field, Commander.

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/6/2012, 4:38 pm

I was sick for entire week, something that rarely happen to me, and what's worst - every time i thought illness is about to go away it returned, most of the time in form of temperature spikes, but the real problem was this "zombie" state when you can't or don't want to do anything but lay down and rest, can't think clearly etc. Didn't do anything usefull during this time, gotta catch up...

"I went to see the doctor
    He said you're pretty sick
    You got some real bad habits
    You'd better stop right quick" Laughing

Last edited by AlexT on 8/6/2012, 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/6/2012, 5:14 pm

Yeah, I know that well. I hope you get better soon.
    Take it easy and be careful for at least a week. Your body is still weak, and you may fall back or worse get into some accident.

To fight such sickness I have always a small amount of medication ready. Cans of soup for easy food preparation. If I'm already sick I found it most elevating to vomit or go to the toilet. I feel better afterwards because my stomach got rid of a difficult job as well as nausea feeling from the fluid. I think doing that cut off one or two days of being bed ridden.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/7/2012, 4:30 pm

Now's the third case I hear a London Olympic medal breaks. I think these were not only made of plastic, but of cheap brittle plastic.

Btw. I just heard Demonoid in the ukrain got shut down. It seemed to have happened for at least a week ago or so. *shrugs*

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/7/2012, 6:43 pm

Oh, and i though they're made of gold\silver\bronze Sad

As for Demonoid - yep, but since ukrainian ppl didn't have access to it anyway few know about it here... It's world conspiracy again torrents!

"They wanna have a war to keep us on our knees
    They wanna have a war to keep their factories
    They wanna have a war to stop us buying Japanese" Very Happy

There's a lot of talk about global warming recently, but this time with tons of facts... I always pay attention to this info because i hate when it's hot - i'd prefer global cooling instead...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/8/2012, 2:27 pm

I though demonoi only blocks some european countries. Access was fine in the states, though. Well, I hardly ever used it. The only thing I'm missing recently was someone's tutorial that was on MU. And he happens to be the only who did one, too. Sad

Laughing
    Remember anime fans were the first underground group on the net! There's no way to block the 1st/2nd gen. people. They have overcome more odds than not having servers. Wink <- 1.5 gen

Heh, people can talk all they want, the dice has been cast. It's not gonna be better only worse. The pace could be changed if people want to but I bet 10:1 it's not gonna happen in the next two decades. Just keep in mind most people who die of heat die because they could not cool down in the evening/night. Imagine the Basroil having heated up all its water, and still is heating up. Self ignition!

New stealth copter pics!

Last edited by Almael on 8/8/2012, 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/8/2012, 4:04 pm

More correctly 'the dice'.Dice is correct plural,also die,so literally The Die Has Been Cast.

It would depend though on how humid the place was where you were living,don't forget humidity would also have a great deal to do with why people wouldn't be able to cool down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 6:14 am