Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19020
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 32 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 4/10/2015, 11:53 am

Today, "Knight of Sidonia" season 2 starts with the battle of the 9th planet arc. Very Happy

I stumble over the latest Korean show "Girl Who Sees Smells"/(Sensory Couple).
    Imho this is the best show airing now. Quite thrilling with good actors. Although, the script is typical for this kind of good show, not quite best there is, though.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4213
    Imperial Credits : 17923
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 32 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 4/10/2015, 2:14 pm

I think that must be an interesting condition to have. Imagine to be able to see music and hear colors.

Wed.:Kaleido Star: New Wings episode 15: Sora is allowed back but she's demoted from cast to
    crew, meaning she has to earn her way back into Kalos' good graces.I think though that they did it to be able to have a story arch dealing with the other side of the Kaleido Stage and highlight the people like Ken who keep it going.
    Also Ken probably happy to get more Sora time. Laughing
    But what the hell was Leon thinking at the end of the episode? Basically he looks like he's trying to
    rape Sora which is why she runs away from him. No wonder Yuri doesn't trust him.

Th.:Spice And Wolf Season 2: episode 12: So Lawrence basically ends up with both Eve and
    Holo pissed at him,not only that they both beat on the poor guy.Though the series ends happily with
    Holo and Lawrence about to continue their journey.
    Really needs a season 3 of movie or OVA to continue the story from where the series leaves off.
    I took a look at the wiki and there's supposed to be something like 17 volumes in the Light Novel series with the last one being the Epilog.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/13/2015, 1:41 pm

Rin-ne now officially joins the rest of the Takahashi canon as an anime. And yes, Yukino Satsuki
    our beloved Kagome is in it as Rin-ne's grandma Tamako. This should be fun. Laughing
    Didn't she play Tina in the Japanese version of Ai Yori Aoshi as well?

Friday episode 10 of Vividred Rei does some more spying for the Alone;this ends rather traumatically for both Rei and Akane after they've become close as they discover they're on opposite sides.
    Fun scene:When the mayonnaise explodes all over the kitchen!

Saturday session 18 of Cowboy Bebop, this is one of my personal favorites,especially the look on Fay's face when their watching the video from her younger self.

Sunday episode 7 of Princess Tutu, and so the coldly elegant and cruel Princess Kraehe is introduced.The Raven King basically plays on Rue's hidden jealous nature.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/15/2015, 1:25 pm

Full Metal Panic:TSR on Monday. The first dub I've seen in awhile.Not enough Tessa to really judge Hilary Haag by,though thought she did a good job with the prayer.Chris Paton as Sousuke was
    well...pretty much Chris Paton.Alison Keith though as Melissa Mao kept mispronouncing Sousuke and
    Kaname's names.Or it could be her accent.

Magic Knight Rayearth on Tuesday episode 17.Ferio remembers his sister and the knights have their final encounter with Inouva but in his ultimate form.I also took a peek at the sixth disc and found out that it has a couple extra interviews on it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/15/2015, 1:54 pm

GITS Arise-Alternative Architecture ep1
    Finally, a real real-world update to the GITS universe. This time it deals with social-economic ▇▇hadist issues.

Sidonia no Kishi - Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki ep1
    As before so far not much different from the manga, just a bit more compact. Graphically a bit better than before, though.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/16/2015, 12:42 pm

Girl who sees smell ep5. from yesterday.
    Finally getting to the main cases. But it seems the police still are slow at catching up... Well, ep.6 will air tonight. Lets see.

Edit:
    Girl who sees smells ep.6
    In ep.5 Choi accidentally gives her the wrong teddy (this siscon) & ended with him falls asleep on her in public. Here it starts with a nice scene where he sleep on her lab & wakes up, getting everyone excited and then she wakes up from her dream Laughing I just can't have enough of this funny/entertaining show full of suspension. Now, I guess all the people bad mouthing SSK will shut up. She didn't won awards for nothing.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/17/2015, 5:43 pm

Wed.: episode 16 of Kaleido Star: New Wings: Sora finally gets back in the spotlight in center stage but not the way she wanted to do it. Instead in the middle of the climatic scene of Romeo And Juliet Leon has another attack and strands May, grabs the ladder and climbs up to where Sora is stationed at top of the building sprinkling down cherry blossoms and snow flakes.
    Sora then finds herself being chased by Leon and then May across the trapeze,with the whole thing
    ending in her being tossed in the air by Leon resulting in a near perfect Angel Manuever.However just
    when she got back safely,Leon makes a leap and ends up falling.
    Later May wants to find out what it is about Sora and asks Layla to teach her.
    Also the rest of the gang to get Sora's spirits up give her a surprise treat: her own special show with
    everyone from Sarah to Marion and Jonathan and Ken helping out.

Th.:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina:hmmm...
    I don't think I need to say much hear,except I stupidly turned off the machine before the end credits and thus missed the 'Haruhi Dance'....dumb me! Evil or Very Mad

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/20/2015, 1:31 pm

I'm getting rather impatient with the Post Office now.Still no package.If it doesn't come by the end of the week I will have to contact Rightstuf again to tell them.This reminds me of when I ordered
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica part 3 and the $10 blind box that ended up being Kaliedo Star:New Wings True Star Collection.It took just as long.There has to be a better way of doing things. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Anyways: Friday saw episode 11 of Vividred:The girls go rogue and decide to rescue Rei from custody.Then the Alone Messenger arrives and starts taunting everyone.Akane and the others are unable to defend her and the Crow ends up swallowing her whole and turns into a giant.

Saturday: Act 1 of Big O in any language R.Dorothy is still awesome and awesomely sardonic!
    Laughing
    BTW:Notice that the ED for Act 1 has Roger sitting alone.

Sunday: episode 8 of Princess Tutu plus in the studio extra.Ah! Another appearance by the ever sexy bad girl Princess Kraehe. Smile
    I love the way they're showing Rue's doubts about what she's doing early on.And the way that
    she's shocked when Mythos' heart comes alive is pretty cool.Plus a really epic battle versus The Knight who turns out to be Fakir.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/22/2015, 1:17 pm

It should be here by Friday if not I will wait until I get home from the library on Monday and e-mail
    Right Stuf about it.

Monday I watched Moonphase episode 5 dubbed.I do have to say that Elfriede is badass in any
    language. Cool
    Though Monica Rial's Hazuki sounded a bit more bratty than in the original Japanese,there was a certain lack of subtleness.OTOH she did have some great lines such as:"Did your blood just climb all the way to your brain and choke it to death?" and "This is underwear!"(the later when Kouhei is curious as to what Hiromi as bought for her.)

Tuesday watched episode 18 of Magic Knight Rayearth.Hikaru finally meets Rayearth. Cool
    So only two episodes left and we finally get to see the title Rune God at last.Zagato shows up and
    gives the girls the hardest fight of their careers as Magic Knights.The ending though was pretty epic.
    I'm glad they left finding Rayearth for the last few episodes as I think otherwise the whole series would have been a bit lamer.So having the final Rune God appear toward the end makes sense.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/22/2015, 1:30 pm

Well, good luck. From what I have been hearing the number of missing parcels is about 1%. Too high for my taste if you consider there's tens of millions parcels a day.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/24/2015, 1:32 pm

Girl who sees smells ep.7&
    After a good wild goose chase (leading us by the nose) we come to a dead-end. And what happens? A disappointing string of police failures leading to an obvious lengthening (boring) pace. Geez. And there I thought 16 episodes was going to be great. But at the half point now... although, the side stories/romance is taking up a sudden pace. It's a switch from the story arc to the romance part. And it's still suspenseful for some reason. Hmm.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/24/2015, 11:33 pm

Finally contacted Rightstuf and they checked and according to what they found it's been waiting to be picked up since March 30th. I don't know what the problem is,if the tag with the p.o.box went missing or something because they keep telling me it's not there,but according to the tracking it's supposed to be there. This is irratiting beyond grief.

Wed.:episode 17 of Kaliedo Star:New Wings.It starts off with the girls trying to help Ken get a date with Sora and then they run into Mr.Policeman who has woman troubles of his own.Then Ken,Sora and Mr.Policeman meet his girlfriend and she and Sora go into a mall followed by the guys.
    They all end up getting into the middle of a robbery and Mr.Policeman gets all tied up.
    Then Sora tells the crook that she's with Kaleido Stage so he dares her to do some stunts and he'll let everyone go.
    Ken's not pleased;Sora does it anyway.
    Of course this all gets captured on police surveillance which gets on the news,which Sarah is watching.
    She goes and tells Layla and Ms.Director who are still working with May.
    They all end up with the rest of the gang just as Sora's finishing up and being surrounded by a lot of
    fans.

Th.:episode 1 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.Need I say more? Laughing
    Other than Kyon should be lucky that Haruhi doesn't carry around with her a certain notebook she used in one of her other lifetimes:geez just thinking that Haruhi is also Misa Misa is scary! Laughing Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/27/2015, 1:39 pm

Ok the mystery of the missing package as been solved and I should be finally getting it some time this week.What happened is instead of being labeled NEWPORT,WASHINGTON 99156 it got
    mislabeled NORTHPORT,WASHINGTON 99157.So hopefully it will be coming within the next
    few days.
    (Northport btw is close to the Columbia River and up toward CANADA! Mad )

Anyways at least that is taken care of now.

Friday:episode 12 of Vividred: I especially love the epilog after Rei leaves and Akane meets her
    pet bird.She knows Rei's back but we don't see her face.Overall this has been a lot better series than
    I was hoping,and would put it up there with Puella Magi Madoka Magica as worth watching.
    A real gem.

Saturday Act 2 of Big O: I still don't know how Roger was able to carry Dorothy like that when
    Datsun had trouble moving her in Act 1. Could be all that energy she used when Beck had her tied into Big Dorothy lightened her a bit?! Or maybe she just knew it was Roger and went limp to help him.And we have of course another great Dorothyism this time about Roger's fashion sense! Laughing

Sunday episode 9 of Princess Tutu:Just watching Rue's official transformation into Princess Kraehe this episode was painful.Though there's still some of Rue in her left.But she seems to have finally come to grips that she's supposed to be the series villianness.
    And can I help it if she's also my favorite character?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/27/2015, 2:10 pm

Good for you. I, personally, have never been able to recover any of my missing packages. Sad That's quite some mislabeling, I mean aside from a typo. Btw. kleptomania is said to be 0.6% within the general populace which coincides with the numbers for missing packets given by the post services. I guess for them it's like the ideal workplace.

Btw. I've been told Hanakimi 2007 is on nyaa for those who never saw it.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/29/2015, 1:29 pm

Well it hasn't come yet,but the clerk at the PO gave me the number for up at Northport and they said both packages were recieved and were shipped down here to Newport,so should be getting them hopefully tommorrow.

Monday I watched the dub for Madlax episode 16.I think the best thing about it was Kelly Manison's Vanessa Rene.

Tuesday episode 19 of Magic Knight Rayearth Zagato versus the Magic Knights, and it's not until the end when they manage to combine their powers that they're able to defeat him.So only the
    finale left.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/1/2015, 1:31 pm

I've called Northport twice and the second time the clerk told me that it has to go all the way down to Spokane and be sorted again before coming back up to Newport.I feel like somewhere they fell through the cracks.Anyways contacted Rightstuf again and told them they haven't come yet and asked about
    replacements if they don't come by Monday.

Wed.:Kaleido Star:New Wings episode 18:Sora is finally restated into the cast after the show's angel pretty much demands it.She teams up with Rosetta and May;May finally gets it when she hears the kids calling her name,and begins to realize the difference between herself and Sora.

Th.:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya episode 2:Haruhi gets a computer for the SOS Brigade;gets into trouble trying to pass out flyers dressed in Bunny Girl costume;Kyon learns somethings from Yuki.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/4/2015, 1:46 pm

My packages are now in Lincoln,Washington which is to the southwest of us.Homer should be writing this story up,I mean Odysseus thought he had problems he didn't have to deal with the bloody
    USPS!

Friday: Yeah! Started Sailor Moon,my total thoughts about it can be found at the Magic Girl Thread at Tenchiforum.Quite fun though from the manga I know it'll get darker.

Saturday: episode 3 of Big O and we meet Angel for the first time.This was a well crafted mystery with a twist featuring a monster electric eel.And Dorothy starts her (in)famous piano playing.

Sunday: episode 10 of Princess Tutu, is it wrong to love Rue/Princess Kraehe so much?
    (I was lurking Saturday at the Sailor Moon forums and discovered another Princess Kraehe fan! Cool )
    This was mainly about Fakir's background.It's interesting at one point before meeting Mytho, young
    Fakir is actually reading The Prince And The Raven.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/6/2015, 1:50 pm

Crystal ep.20
    Here we get to see Pu. And she's the same. *slightly disappointed* The scenes are slightly different, I think.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/6/2015, 4:41 pm

Devil Lady Monday dub: This was a pretty good dub,the actress who played Jun did an especially fine job of showing her gentle side.Too bad I didn't pick one that had Asuka in it though.As with
    Rimelda in Madlax I would have loved to have compared them.

Magic Knight Rayearth on Tuesday ended. I really have to say Fuu is now my official favorite of the three Knights. Very Happy

And I checked again the packages departed from Seattle,the first yesterday at 7:21 a.m. and the
    second today.So hopefully they should both be here by Saturday.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/8/2015, 1:26 pm

Well Humanity Has Declined finally arrived yesterday,not bad for the wear and tear.The only
    problem was a minor one: the spine holding disc 1 was loose but it was easy to put it back in place.
    Don't know if it was a result of all the jolting around the past month or if it came from the factory that way.Still happy to finally get it.Sailor Moon part 2 and the Sailor Uranus tee should arrive some time this coming week.

Wed.: ep.19 of Kaleido Star:New Wings, this was another one that focused on Rosetta.Since she's the next Kaleido Star after Sora it makes sense that they give her a lot more face time
    this season.

Th.:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part 3: I noticed in the scene where Haruhi is having
    Kyon take photos of Mikuru that there's a few seconds there where you can actually see Mikuru's
    birthmark.I guess it's noticeable once you see the episode with 'Older' Mikuru and know what to look for.
    Plus the infamous scene where Mikuru answers Kyon's questions with:"It's a secret!" Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/11/2015, 2:17 pm

Watched a bunch of movies from various countries and some science documentaries.

Daniel Cordier's historic movie about his time in the Resistance.
    It's dry and lack more introduction for the uninitiated. You got to know the matter or have read the books to watch it which kind of makes it useless.

Another classic fantasy movie with (Claudia) Cardinale (I think). The french songs were simple but the lyrics were way too difficult for me.

A classic polish movie about Prussian war. I couldn't hear out the german in it at all.

Laron syndrome on the chase for longevity.

Rock for the Ages was funny and entertaining. Reminds me of 80's songs but cannot really put my finger on them.

Revenge of the warrior: way too realistic and brutal.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/11/2015, 2:31 pm

Friday:Sailor Moon episode 2: and yeah it is the original and not Crystal,ah! well as Elsa
    would say:"Let it go!" Laughing
    Doesn't matter as I'm still enjoying it.

Saturday:Big O Act 4: More Angel! Cool
    And this is the one where Dorothy has a breakdown and shows actual fear because she can't control the ancient Megaduse.

Sunday:Princess Tutu episode 11:And things start getting darker with Princess Kraehe's attempts to seduce Mytho.(Isn't so long to have her as my favorite character simply because of the
    fact that Misuki Nana plays her?)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/13/2015, 1:12 pm

Monday the sub of episode 7 of Ghost Sweeper Mikami,I chose this one because it introduces Maria and Dr.Chaos.And Maria is such fun to watch,being so literal and all.

Tuesday re-started Utawarerumono with episode 1. Smile
    Elulu... Cool

And finally got the news that my package left Spokane today and is on its way so should be either some time today or tommorrow. Smile Smile Smile Smile
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 5/14/2015, 1:28 pm

Such a long odyssey!

Kyoukai no Rinne
    is airing now from Rumiko Takahashi, It's about a girl who sees ghost. The art is the same as Ranma. The characters also feel more or less the same..basically the same schemes. Well, I'm not so impress and it's not as entertaining.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/15/2015, 2:45 pm

The odyssey is continuing has for some odd reason it was sent back to Des Moines and is on its way
    (again).As I stated over at Tenchiforum if it doesn't arrive soon I will have to ask Rightstuf for a
    replacement.

Well Yukino Satsuki is playing Rinne's grandma Tamako,so that ought to be something.(geez,she's gone from playing heroines to grandmas now..but at least Tamako is a young grandma! Laughing Laughing )

Wed.:episode 20 of Kaleido Star:New Wings,this really came down to Yuri vs. Leon, anf Sora finally(and literally)having to get between them to talk sense into them.Yuri may have been a jerk
    or even a bastard in the first season but Leon has been a bit of a douchebag in New Wings.

Th.:episode 4 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Haruhi is really down until after
    Ryoko disappears and then she's really into trying to solve 'The Mystery of the Vanished Classmate'
    (tm Haruhi Suzumiya).Also this is the one with Older Miruku.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 4:41 pm