Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4213
    Imperial Credits : 17923
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 17 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 6/8/2013, 12:55 pm

Rolling Eyes
    I got the name of the pink haired vampire girl wrong in Moonphase.It's actually Arte,short for
    Artemis and she turns out to be Hazuki's evil half-sister.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19020
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 17 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 6/9/2013, 1:33 pm

Gargantia ep9
    Shocking revelation!
    Well, not really. There were only two possibilities either the "aliens" are man-made or were aliens who invaded/transformed Earth and mankind wages a revenge war. As it turns out they are not only man-made but also human-hybrids.
    Looks like it's gonna be a short show.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/10/2013, 1:44 pm

Episode 2 'No Need For Princess' on Tenchi Universe yesterday.And we get another chance to see
    lil Aeka this time with lil Ryoko.Some how I think Aeka's story might be closer to the truth,I can't see Ryoko as the "innocent"type no matter how young she was when she and Aeka first met. Laughing
    The big fun was watching Mihoshi trying to get Aeka's attention and then spending half the time
    clutching onto her.Unlike the ending of episode 2 of the first OVA Aeka seemed to take everything
    in stride.I mean it ends with her saying:"Maybe I could use a vacation."
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/12/2013, 1:58 pm

Watched episode 2 of Rozen Maiden yesterday night.Shinku was definitely holding back in her fight
    against Hina-Ichigo as she realized she was still too immature to really take part in the Alice Game.
    That makes me wonder wheter or not Hina-Ichigo might have been one of the last dolls that
    father created before he died.That's also the reason why Shinku decided to take her on as a servant,really protege,as she realized Hina-Ichigo needs someone to mentor her to help her grow and become stronger.
    On the other hand that scene in the bathroom was hysterical.I mean it shows despite everything
    Shinku herself is still a bit naive about the modern world(also the episodes introduces Shinku's
    viewing addiction---Dectective Kun-Kun.Very Happy
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/14/2013, 2:36 pm

Aa Megame-Sama ep.16 on Wednesday.Never piss off a First Class Goddess,not even one as
    sweet as Belldandy.Laughing
    That and Marlier should have studied Megumi a bit more before deciding to 'move in' and take possession of her body.

Tsukuyomi ep.22 on Thursday.And now we know why Yayoi-sensei warned Hazuki about not
    seeing Houkei during the cleansing ceremony,he was really freaked out when he saw her at the end(nice way they did it too,only showing her hair flowing).
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/19/2013, 1:36 pm

Rozen Maiden episode 3.And now the villianess has finally been introduced.This also furthers the mystery behind the Dolls and the Alice Game when Tomoe tells Jun before receiving Hina-Ichigo she got a phone call asking 'Wind or Not Wind?'.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/21/2013, 2:22 pm

Moonphase episode 23,only three episodes left.I must say that Elfriede looks sexy in anything,even
    widow's weeds.Cool
    So looks like Hazuki is going back to keep everyone else safe.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/26/2013, 1:42 pm

Rozen Maiden episode 4.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/1/2013, 2:00 pm

Tenchi Universe episode 5 'No Need For Partners'.It had me lol! throughout.I especially enjoyed
    poor Kiyone's annoyance on finding Mihoshi still alive.
    Favorite qoute:"What happened to the scene I was in?"
    Kiyone after the bump.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/3/2013, 4:11 pm

Rozen Maiden ep.5.No new Dolls introduced but again Shinku's naive gullibility comes into play.
    Also get to see what happens when Nori gets mad...a thing that even Shinku declared was scary.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/5/2013, 1:51 pm

Ah!My Goddess Season 2 episode 9 on Wednesday night.First time watching an episode with Peorth in it so I had to read up the wikipedia article on her.This was a fun and bit silly episode with Peorth trying
    to get a date with Keiichi so she can steal him from Belldandy.

Yesterday(Thursday)saw episode 25 of Moonphase.Now only the finale next week and on to Squid Girl.Very Happy 
    This episode mainly centered around the Mido Antique Shop re-opening and everyone celebrating with a party.Really nice scenes toward the end with Kouhei and Arte and then Kouhei and Hazuki.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/9/2013, 1:28 pm

Suisei no Gargantia has already ended.
    As it turns out it's a social/cultural critical anime than scifi. Scifi is just a vehicle for it. The anime uses a number of scifi terms but the details reveal them rather as symbols for something more advanced; not to mention the disparity between the WWI ships and the 21/22th(?) century tech left behind. Anyway, the critiques seemed targeted at japanese society, though. They are still generally valid, though.
    Overall, not bad but you shouldn't expect too much either.

Btw. in the last Continuum episode, the Hitler-time-traveller question came up:
    "If you could travel back in time would you kill someone who would cause the death of millions?" Kiera was bound to kill Julian but Carlos convinced her otherwise.
    Than after drinking some booze, she realized her "radical" action could have been the cause which radicalized Julian to become the monster. Shocked 
    Well, we are left to see how it will turn out next episode.
    From what I see Julian didn't want to be a pawn, a tool for someone else.
    Now, it seems the realization that he will be the leader has convinced him to go down that undesired path. *shrugs* We will see.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/10/2013, 1:37 pm

Reminds me of the season finale of Defiance when Marissa decides in order to bring Nolan back to life
    she has to fulfill her destiny.
    Back on topic:
    Rozen Maiden episode 6...and what a shocker at the end.I wonder if the whole thing with the
    broken clown doll was a Trojan Horse to get Shinku's Rosa Mystica without fighting.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/15/2013, 1:49 pm

And now I finally have War on Geminar part 1.Next on the list is Part 2 and then Rosario x Vampire
    Capu 2.Very Happy 
    October is of course going to be Sailor Moon,so I really need help with deciding on what to get
    September,November and maybe December.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/15/2013, 4:20 pm

Nolan & Marissa kind of remind me of Eureka's Jack Carter & Zoe... But without a Nathan Stark Defiance can't compete. Smile 

*gets cue*
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/17/2013, 1:33 pm

I re-watched Cutie Honey on Monday and enjoyed a lot more the second time since I wasn't trying to overanalyze everything,just sat back and enjoyed the B or Z grade movie greatness of it all.Very Happy 

Yesterday saw ep.7 of Rozen Maiden and have to say I feel sorry for that kid who keeps trying to
    tell Nori his feelings.She's such a ditz she thought he was a door to door salesman!Laughing 
    So because Hina-Ichigo draws her power from some of Shinku she's also affected by whatever
    happens to Shinku,though I wonder why it took so long to effect her.

And one more night before Squid Girl!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/19/2013, 1:33 pm

Squid Girl episode 1 yesterday.The episodes are split up into different skits with each one having a separate title.Poor Squiddy tries to take over the Lemon House Beach House as her headquarters for her 'inkvasion' of the surface world but only ends up waiteressing there instead!Laughing 
    She's also so dense that when Takeru,the younger brother of Chizuru and Eiko the owners of the
    Lemon House,puts a home made squid cap on his head with home made tentacles she really thinks
    he IS a squid person too!Laughing 
    Also Squiddy says some really bad sea puns all the times such as Inkvasion.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/20/2013, 8:42 am

Looking for some 3D anime I've found Tekken-Blood Vengeance. It looks like the same technology from Final Fantasy-Spirits within movie has been used to make this one. A lot of cg visual & effect similarity. Technically outdated, not so impressive but not looking outdated. Character animation is a bit lacking not as fluid as the FF movie. Story wise, well, not great but better than the american made live-movies imho.

Back on Continuum, Julian goes the way of Mandela (99% commonality: from radical to peaceful). Or so he tries to set up his people. Anyway, the Lancers, time travelers a la Observers from Fringe, are starting to take control. They easily overpower Kiera's high tech equipment. Now we got like 5 time traveler and 5 contemporary factions in the show (one for each major character). It does look chaotic, and yet I think the show's gonna end with the 3rd season.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/22/2013, 1:53 pm

I saw episode 8 of Tenchi Universe yesterday and have to say that Kiyone has moved up a bit further
    to the extent that if Aeka wasn't already my favorite,she'd be.
    And I have to wonder what the link with Moldiver is since the only way to stop Mecha-Washu was
    Kiyone reminding Mihoshi that it was time to watch Moldiver.Laughing 
    Reminds me of that famous line of Dustin Hoffman's from Rainman:"Five O'Clock,time for
    Wapner."
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/24/2013, 1:37 pm

This week's episode of Rozen Maiden was a bit bittersweet has it had to deal with an old man who
    had taken one of the dolls to replace his dead son.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/24/2013, 8:57 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I saw episode 8 of Tenchi Universe yesterday and have to say that Kiyone has moved up a bit further
    to the extent that if Aeka wasn't already my favorite,she'd be.

And I have to wonder what the link with Moldiver is since the only way to stop Mecha-Washu was
    Kiyone reminding Mihoshi that it was time to watch Moldiver.Laughing 
    Reminds me of that famous line of Dustin Hoffman's from Rainman:"Five O'Clock,time for
    Wapner."
    Took you long enough to come to your senses. Twisted Evil 
    In a way there's a connection, albeit superficial.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
    I was looking forward to this series but missed its start. Duh. Anyway, gonna catch up on it. I'm familiar with the manga ...it should be somewhat interesting.

Servant x Service
    Another specialized show, one without blood & gore and other ratings....
    It's about social skills. Doubtful, you will learn much from it. I mean this is a "clean" japanese anime. You would learn a lot more as a clerk in the states.

Btw. last Continuum episode hinted at an out-of-the-box solution. Well, it's simple (Vulcan) logic that's heretic to most people. Laughing
    What would you do if a historic figure strays off from course?
    The solution offered is to simply ignore the figure and replace it with events of equal impact, hence, taking it out of the equation.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/26/2013, 8:20 pm

That sounded like a cop-out really,if you think it through.It would also depend if we were talking about a really bad thing like the holocaust or 9/11 or a really good thing being altered.

Any way next week I start vol.6 of Ah!My Goddess:Flights of Fancy.I liked episode 12 of vol.3 since
    it showed Urd when she was in love.

Yesterday ep.2 of Squid Girl and Sanae finally gets introduced.I loved the part where Eiko decides she better return with the dog in a hurry because she thinks Squiddy might be torturing Sanae,not knowing it was the other way around.Though cute pics.Laughing 
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/29/2013, 6:58 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:That sounded like a cop-out really,if you think it through.It would also depend if we were talking about a really bad thing like the holocaust or 9/11 or a really good thing being altered.
    Well, surely, there are all kinds of different cases, but not really that many imho.

In this case it's just a string of inventions that changed the world. Anyone could do them in time or instead by many people. Contemporary events may be messed up but overall history could be nearly the same. The only difference is the perception (admiration/worshiping) of people toward the historic figure. For example if Johnson handled the Cuba crisis he will likely do the same thing, history would not change but people would see things differently...Or McCain and Obama not much difference either...Obama did hardly made anything he promised happened.

The holocaust is a big event but like everything every person did their part. Some have larger parts than others but frankly we are all replaceable in historic terms.
    Sure, different people do make different choices but likewise people think and  do likewise choices. For the same valued historic impact things will have to be done by similar people (or forced by). The only people that are difficult or not replaceable are people of extremes, once a century appearance, who have no equal like geniuses. But I'm not saying it's impossible. People with ambitions are most easy to replace.

History doesn't care how long things need to get to somewhere or about anything. It's us people who do care about things and who are affected by events. So the question about the importance of a historic person is what comes out of the affected people? Will it cause other important historic events that wouldn't have happened without? An example....I guess will have to be something that sets precedent and gets re-applied. (google;s 2nd hit: time travel -_- )  History repeats! A lot of history happens in the same way but were not connected. People tend to forget and never look at history. So it seems a  "Not yet". Hmm

Btw. last continuum episode true quote:
    Alec: "It can access into the geo-temporal matrix."
    Kiera: "Look, I may be from the future but it doesn't mean I speak the language."
    Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/31/2013, 1:47 pm

Laughing 

That reminds me that one of my favorite seasons of Power Rangers was Time Squad because of the whole time travel thing.

Saw Rozen Maiden episode 9 yesterday.I liked the way that it ended with the old man finally accepting his son's death and his wife finally coming out of her coma.It's interesting though how "Father" made the twins:one looks like a tomboy and the other is completely girly girl.Also they have the eyes reversed,one has the red eye on her left side and the other has it on the right and the same with the green eyes.And do they explain why the twins have two different color eyes?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/1/2013, 11:31 am

I don't know much about Power Rangers other than their colors. Razz 

The Two-colored eyes have become popular since a certain show (the title I don't recall now).
    Japanese associate a lot of character traits with colors: eyes, hair, costumes.
    It's normal for them so there's virtually no explanation to be found for us non-japanese. I haven't seen any such detailed explanation yet.
    I know red hair denotes an able/perfect person or a barbarian from the southern lands. I dunno where it comes from. I know the vietnamese people have genes for red hair. I have seen a bit of it but I'm not really sure how strong it is. It could be just a shade depending of how light is reflected. I haven't heard of any other people yet.
    I dunno about any of the other colors just have a hunch.

--------
    If there's an anime god: please give us a second season for
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/15/2024, 4:44 pm