Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4213
    Imperial Credits : 17925
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 24 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 6/6/2014, 2:18 pm

Wednesday Act 17 of PGSM:Poor Usagi finds out that Mamoru's girlfriend is really nice and so really hard to hate.
    The substory centered around Rei and Minako meeting at the Catholic
    church where Rei's mom is buried.When Rei asks what Minako is doing there she replies that she likes to go there "when I need to think about
    things".
    This is also the first episode where we get to see Minako's transormation into Sailor Venus,which makes even the double transformations in
    Wedding Peach rather inhibited by comparison! Laughing 
    Venus ends up by giving Mars the riot act when she fails to go after
    the youma because she's more worried about Venus' condition.

I also had my usual PGSM related dream,though usually it centers around Ami/Sailor Mercury,this time I dreamt I was married to all five of the Inners plus Queen Beryl!what a weird harem! Laughing 

Thursday episode 6 of Pumpkin Scissors 'A Fruitful Time.
    I think though a better title might have been:'3 Men,To Women And A Baby Laughing basically Olan finds a baby and the squad tries to take care of it while looking for the mother.It had the required baby pees in
    the face scene.Also the fun part was seeing Alice and Stecchin making
    faces at the baby.Especially Alice.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19022
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 24 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 6/7/2014, 8:09 pm

Mahouka ep10
    Still a fill in episode and more about relations etc.

I just noticed after a little review I forgot to put up Moldiver on my list needing a media refresh. What a blunder. It's too bad vhs is deteriorating.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/9/2014, 1:33 pm

Can you get it on DVD?

Friday:Cutie Honey episode 12.This one had pirates and mermaids in it! Cool 

Saturday:Sakura Wars episode 6 and the offical intro of Kohran.
    I always love the scenes where she's telling Ichigo and Sakura how she
    keeps in tune with her koubou and Sakura's being way too literal in her
    thinking. Laughing 
    Also a new threat emerges.

Sunday:Silent Mobius episode 20 ' Love' and the emotional
    roller coaster ride begins.This is the one where Genossa murders Roy.
    The scene where Katsumi goes berserk at finding Roy dead is the one I always remember the most,that and Rally's comment to Mana which in the dub was translated as:"Now our greatest enemy has been born!"

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/11/2014, 1:46 pm

Monday re-watched episode 12 'Disordered Diaries' of Samurai Champloo. I always love the
    'gotcha' ending where it's revealed that Fuu knew that Mugen and Jin might sneak a peek at her diary so she faked the entire thing. Laughing 
    Of course Mugen's whole:" I just remembered I can't read." schtick was funny.

Tuesday episode 1 'Mink's Journey' of Dragon Half.And yeah as deranged and hilarious as
    advertised.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/13/2014, 7:05 am

Moldiver is available on DVD in the states, there's also Blueray in japan. Anyhow, the price ranges I see are pretty wide and diverse. -_- I guess I will leave it to later.

Blade and Soul ep.9
    The proprietress shows her true colors. Here, she reveals her evil plotting in taking revenge against Alka. Scary woman. She's keeping some part of her dead husband in a box. We don't get to see what it is, though.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/13/2014, 2:26 pm

Wednesday: PGSM Act 18.More of Venus and Mars,plus the big reveal at the end that Minako only has half a year left.
    Usagi's feelings for Mamoru continue to grow even though she knows he's engaged now.And only 2 episodes left.I really should've gotten the entire series when I had the chance.

Oh...well...C'est la vie. rabbit 

Thursday: Pumpkin Scissors episode 7 'The One Who Leads And The One Who Follows. Alice gets stuck with a blind date from Hell while
    the rest of the squad are investigating a cache of illegal arms.Great Scene:
    when Alice's 'date' is interrupted by Mercury and she takes off in the coach
    to help out her squad. Laughing 

While her other beau that showed up in the end certainly made up for everything she had to go through. Cool 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/16/2014, 1:47 pm

Friday episode 13 on Cutey Honey,thought it was kinda weird watching the 13th episode on the 13th. Laughing 

Saturday episode 7'Tasty Order' on Sakura Warsand the
    introduction of Kanna.

Sunday episode 21 'Dark Side of the Moon' on Silent Mobius.
    Having seen it before I can now see that the entire Lucifer Hawk attack
    at the Labyrinth was a playact that the possessed Katsumi had arranged
    with Genossa to get her friends off balance so they wouldn't suspect that she had betrayed them.
    Though there were clues throughout that Katsumi wasn't entirely beyond
    hope.I mean a good indication was at the end where she could have simply killed Lebia but she doesn't.I think that she did what she did to
    get over her loss of Roy but in a way she did it also to get back at
    Genossa.In other words she wants to forget but not forgive and that's
    probably why she was still redeemable in the end.There was something in her that was still human and wanted to reach out for help from her friends.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/17/2014, 7:21 am

Yeah, that part of Silent Moebius with Katsumi wasn't so obvious.

Got my collection of Jormungand together. cheers
    Now, I'm curios about the censored parts of the show.
    Alex, you gonna like this. It's the other "Black Lagoon" show but different.
    It's about an arms merchant and her troops of mercs, dealing with everyday "problems" and her true goal of "World Peace"

Mahouka ep.11
    The nine-school competition starts and we finally get to see the other school council members show off their abilities.
    With this the show already covers 4 whole manga series of this universe. Only one left which I doubt will be covered in the supposedly last one or two episodes.
    Rumiko Takahashi could learn from this fast pacing.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/18/2014, 1:26 pm

That whole scene where she does a quick flip and tosses the knife at the
    hidden Lucifer Hawk was cool. Cool 
    Interesting enough Katsumi is the one that I got all the time on
    Silent Mobius personality quizzes even though Yuki is my personal
    favorite.(I also always get either Sailor Mercury or Sailor Neptune on
    Sailor Moon quizzes.)

Well got the confirmation that part 1 of Madoka and Sailor Jupiter
    plushie are on their way.Next I'll order part 2 and Murder Princess.
    The movies for Madoka(the first two)are also listed at Rightstuf now but I understand best to see the series first.

Monday re-watched GITS:SAC 2nd GIG.It was the one where Section 9 is used as a decoy to bring out some portable nuclear devises but they don't know they've been used until the end.

Tuesday finished Dragon Half with episode 2.This was more of a
    DBZ parody with the main plot being centered around a fighting
    tournament.
    And now next week on to Inuyasha:The Final Act....mmmmm...
    KAGOME! Laughing  queen 

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/20/2014, 1:29 pm

And now only episode 20 left of PGSM and then I shall be done with this round of SM,though can't wait for the new DVDs to get out and Crystal to priemere in another
    2 weeks. Very Happy Cool 
    Though have to wait awhile before ViZ comes out with the DVDs.

Thursday saw episode 8, Burning Snow of Pumpkin Scissors.This was a good cat and mouse
    game episode where the squad has to deliver some important supplies in less than 24 hours while being
    chased by a group of bandits.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/22/2014, 12:14 pm

Hmm, I was pretty sure Pumpkin Scissors was old but it's 2002+.

Anyway, looking around for good anime to watch I found only horror anime. WTH.

"Pupa"
    This show is pure horror. If you are underage, have a faint heart etc. STAY AWAY!
    It's a short anime so everything is down to the most essential which is mostly a collection of disturbing events and revelations. It's not so exceptional and is censored but the concentration of it creeps me out at times.

"Brynhildr in the Darkness"
    Girls augmented with mystic powers have escaped and try to hide from the secret organization. It also involves some aliens.
    It looks like a typical school romance-harem show but it's actually quite a kill them all show. It's censored but still lots of blood and gore. If it weren't for the overall story, the suspense, the tragedies I wouldn't think it's worth watching.

"Black Bullet"
    The world is in a (post) global disease disaster where humans are still fearing new outbreaks. It's very similar to Shingeki no Kyojin=Attack on Titan.
    It looks like a kiddy harem show with some adventure but don't get deceived by its looks. In part it's a kill them all show with lots of blood and gore. It has a strong discrimination sub-theme.

Today's continuum 3rd season final! After the last few messy episodes I hope this one is really good.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/23/2014, 1:45 pm

Episode 14 of Cutey Honey on Friday.And now it looks to getting really dark after the death of
    Honey's room-mate and best friend who was killed by Sister Jill.Reminded me of the death of Kasumi
    in Devil Lady with Honey being just as devastated as Jun.Not only that but the entire school
    was destroyed in the process.

Saturday re-watched episode 8 This Is Revue of Sakura Wars. The old Shinguji family retainer was an interesting reminder of Sakura's background. I love the way Sakura deals with his
    appearance,shows how sweet she is.This also shows her work ethic as she doesn't quit trying to get
    the dance routine down and then Sumire overcomes her pride to help.

Also part 1 of Madoka arrived today so will order part 2 later in the week.

Sunday episode 22 Crying on Silent Mobius. Rally continues to show how cool she is. Cool Very Happy 
    It's interesting that she figures that Ganossa would use Katsumi to get to the data concerning
    Project Gaia which is why she orders Mana to be on the alert.
    Yuki certainly should have been a bit less rash when they find Katsumi in the ruins as she did have
    that precognitive dream only a couple hours before of that very situation happening.Looks like everyone was caught off balance or why did either Kiddy or Lum Chiang grab her and stop her from
    running to Katsumi...or maybe it was something that couldn't be helped in that it was fated that
    she'd run up to her?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/25/2014, 1:43 pm

On Monday re-watched Stellvia episode 7.Forgot how much a gem it is. Very Happy 

Tuesday finally started Inuyasha:The Final Act.The art work and
    animation is amazing.
    So Sango can tell the Real Miroku from Fakes now.Poor Miroku... Laughing 
    Though he deserved it.
    And Poor Kagome having to be stuck after school to do the make up
    test.
    That of course led to one of the more memorable "Osawuri!"/"Sit Boy!"
    moments. Laughing 
    Kikyo looks like she's loosing strength.I wonder if any of that had to do with the whole Fire On The Sacred Islandmovie.And how much of a time skip was there between the last movie and the starting of The Final Act?
    Kagura really stood out in this episode but too bad they kill her off in the next one.I thought she'd last a bit longer than two episodes before
    Naraku kills her.
    RIP my favorite villian. Crying or Very sad 
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/27/2014, 7:43 am

"Baby Steps"
    A sports anime about tennis. I dunno but it seems different to your common sports anime. It's a bit more fun I think.
    Maybe it's similar to Suzuka & Over Drive, but not like Prince of Tennis. As far as sports/martial manga/anime I'm leaning more towards Adachi's & Rumiko's. *shrugs* Don't expect too much besides about sports (tennis), though.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/27/2014, 1:47 pm

PGSM Act 20 on Wednesday, the saddest ending I've seen of any
    episode of the ones I have.So Kunzite had planned on making Mercury
    his for awhile it seems.
    This is also the episode where Makoto discovers that Mamoru is in fact
    Tuxedo Kamen.(It's like the scene in the Code Name Sailor V
    manga where Minako goofs and changes from Sailor V to Minako where
    the Chief Police Inspector can see her.)
    BTW:Unlike the other discs there was no problem with this one,it played perfectly from start to finish.Also unlike my original DVD Player my current one was able to play all of them without problems other than that stated.
     Very Happy 

Pumpkin Scissorsepisode 9 'The Woman in the Mist'.
    This was more of a Oreldo episode.In it he meets a woman who is missing her childhood friend who went off to the war but never came
    back.There's some connection to what looks like a brothel or bar.
    In one scene Martis and Stecchin any up tailing Oreldo to see what
    he's up to.Kinda goofy scene actually.In the end Oreldo finds out that
    the guy was killed and tells her.
    Alice only has a couple of scenes in this one.
    Overall pretty melancholic episode.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/28/2014, 5:32 pm

Knights of Sidonia
    From the creator of Biomega...Tsutomu Nihei
    It's about a human ark/colony spaceship that fled the earth thousands of years ago after an alien attack. Now fallen into forgotten memory this is all people know about.

That was fast. Last time I saw the manga completed was just 15 months 11 days 22 hours ago. Laughing Well, it's typical for his stories...dark, dystopian, blood & gore. It might not be for everyone, though.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/30/2014, 1:40 pm

Friday,episode 15 of Cutey Honey.Now it's getting even more personal as Panther Claw attacks
    the dojo owned by the father of Honey's journalist boyfriend.Sister Jill herself seems to be taking more
    personal hands on approach than the earlier episodes.

Saturday episode 9 ' The Girl Called Cassowary' on Sakura Wars. Maria's background as
    she seems to be suffering from lack of self-confidence.And then Ichigo gets abducted and she and
    Sakura go after him.

Sunday episode 23 ' Life Again' on Silent Mobius.
    Yuki is still traumatized from the last episode and spends the entire episode being reassured by the others.
    So that woman in the bubble was the Real Katsumi? I always thought it was Rosa but the way the
    Red Haired Katsumi was reacting to her I think now it was the Real Katsumi and the Red Haired One
    was the Fake Katsumi or the Demon Sword Medium taking her form.Complicated.Interesting that
    Kiddy's foot just happens to hit the radio at that time...fate?
    And yes!This is the one where Rally shows her corporate raider side by staging a hostile takeover
    of the Tokyo Police Department. Cool Very Happy 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/2/2014, 1:35 pm

Episode 2 'Mad Dash' of Gatekeepers 21 on Monday. Ok...so Ayane has a red bra and
    Miu was wearing a blue one...sorry but can't help but notice in that final scene after they're drying off
    and picking up the crystalized Invaders after falling into the sea.That's also(to be serious now)the scene where Ayane tells Miu the Invaders are in fact infected humans.
    This episode also has the palmface scene where Miu flies into the road sign on the freeway and
    Ayane  Rolling Eyes  does a face palm like she can't believe that just happened.

Episode 2 'Kagura's Wind' on Inuyasha:The Final Act Tuesday.After seeing it I think that
    Kagura got a pretty good send off.A bit bittersweet seeing her dissolve and the last being the feather.
    A lot different from her introduction where she's pretty arrogant.In this episode she's humbled and
    even acts like she's a bit happy to die.
    Koga also makes his first appearance in this episode.He goes after some legendary claw and has to
    battle a three headed wolf made out of rock to get to it.And should I mention the fact the wolf is a giant and breaths fire?
    Meanwhile Kikyo is getting weaker...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/2/2014, 1:37 pm

I checked so Inuyasha Final acts is 3 years later. This the thing that irritated me the most for this installement (aside from So Sango smelling out Miroku).

Mahouka ep13
    The girls are praising Shiba Tatsuya for his tech skillz making the other guys jealous. Life is just mean to him.
    Looks like the show will be longer due to the tournament.

Knight of Sidonia(Cydonia) gets another season.
    Season 1 covered up to vol.7 (less than half) so season 2 is likely more cramped for the non-action parts. There's lots of fights later on I hope the story doesn't suffer.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/4/2014, 6:48 pm

Wednesday episode 1 'My Amazing Stage Debut' of Kaleido Star. If you notice that after
    Layla has her little snit and tells Sora the auditions are over,the two girls seated in front when they
    turn around are Mia and Anna!

Thursday episode 10 'Pumpkins And Scissors' of Pumpkin Scissors.Except for the opener
    the whole episode is basically a flashback to before the series begins as Stecchin tells Oland about
    the team's beginnings while stitching his jacket.
    So...uhm...Alice had braids?! Makes her look very Germanic. Cool 

Also I think her sister Elis didn't get the memo,but locking up a tomboy like Alice up in a room that
    has a balcony ain't gonna work! Laughing 
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/6/2014, 7:54 am

Don't remember that about Kaleido Star....

It depends on the type of braid, kind of. There's English and Russian braids...but don't really remember. Anyhow, one of Alice's sister is or was also a tomboy it's just that they are just more feminine minded I guess. They get some good scenes later on.

Blade and Soul ep.13
    Final battle with revived Arch-enemy Jill.
    Just when I thought the show was ending it gets a review for more....
    Well, all in all not much to see in this show. Only some interesting character stories at beast and good fight animation.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/7/2014, 2:14 pm

Friday Cutey Honey episode 16,this one was set in a casino and is the first time that Honey
    goes face to face against Sister Jill.

Saturday Sakura Wars episode 10 ' The Kanna That Raises A Storm'. This was a pretty
    cool Kanna episode.The main part was a typhoon was expected over Tokyo any time and Kanna
    was the only one not freaking out.Instead she's sure that the storm will blow over.
    The really fun part was when she dragged Sumire up to the top with her.I loved the ending with Sumire
    having to serve everybody lunch! Laughing 

Sunday Silent Mobius episode 24 'Hell Road' OOPS! I guess that really was
    Rosa in the bubble in episode 23.
    Lum Chiang makes a terrible substitute for Yuki as a tea lady(she spills coffee all over Kiddy's
    paperwork  Rolling Eyes ).
    And speaking of Kiddy...the gal can't cook to save her life as Ralph ends up fixing breakfast after
    she burns everything.
    Rally is at her awesome badass coolest as she goes to face Genossa and Rosa for one last time. Cool 
    And Genossa must have figured it was time for his move since with the temporary seduction of
    Katsumi,the abduction of Nami,Rally diverted out of the way and Yuki still in trauma there would
    be only 4 effective operatives left at the AMP.
    And speaking of Yuki ,she has yet another of her premotion dreams at the start.This one of Katsumi killing Kiddy.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/9/2014, 2:00 pm

Monday I"s Pureepisode 2. Really embarrassing moment there when Iori walks in on Itsuki and
    Ichitaka after going for soda pop and Itsuki's still only wearing her underwear! Laughing 
    Though the school trip kind of made of for it,if it weren't for the fact that Ichitaka had to go home to be with Itsuki after her apartment burned down.
    And for a bonus the 'Delusional Diary' extra featured the boys peeping into the girls' changing room.

Tuesday Inuyasha:The Final Act episode 3.Sango got back at Miroku real good in this one by
    rubbing his buttLaughing 
    The main plot was about the gang dropping by a Fox Temple where they were involved in some sort of contest and Shippo gets involved(unfortunately Inuyasha wasn't into the spirit of things... Laughing )
    In the present day Kagome and her friends were visiting a high school.She also has a dream where she's just whizzing through her homework and gets interrupted when Inuyasha shows up on her window.
    Finally Sesshomaru learns the true power of Tensaiga.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/10/2014, 12:33 pm

Black Bullet ep.13
    The final episode is left open to a seemingly new arc. So I'm kind of unsatisfied.

Mahouka ep.14
    It's actually a season 2 episode with a new OP/ED. The competition continues with the boys group being in danger of forfeiting after an instigated accident. The Triade has bet a lot against the school so they caused this accident. Tatsuya is forced to replace the players despite not being an official player. This gonna be interesting.

Sailor Moon - Crytal ep.1
    Sailor runs over Luna, bumps into Mamoru & gets ridiculed about her bad test score..., and finally rescues her friend's jewelery shop.
    Better colored and more detailed art. The character arts is closer to the manga than classic anime. They kind of look more like models. Not quite my taste. Story wise it's been paced faster compared to the original. The Background images are watercolor arts, simple but nice, typical classics. While the flashback are more movie quality. In return the characters are vary detailed and all. The OP/transformation are all 3d CG, typical for TV shows not as good as movie 3D CG, although, more detailed than past intances.
    Sailor V gets a lot more attention in society. And Tuxedo Kamen didn't get to do his rose attack!?! Overall, it's an improvement. I don't quite like the 3D CG transformation even though I do understand the reasons.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/11/2014, 1:41 pm

Wednesday:Kaliedo Starepisode 2 'My Amazing And Lonely Challenge'. This one picks up right
    after the end of episode 1 with Sora still trying to get to grip with the existence of the Spirit of the Stage.Layla challenges her to do the famed "Golden Phoenix" or go home.Sora works hard and is
    ecouraged by her new friends Mia and Anna.On the day of the test she fails but for one minute everyone watching is dazzled to see a vision of the "Golden Phoenix" and so Layla lets her stay,
    grudingly so.
    This episode also introduces the wacky former Kaleido Headliner turned dorm mom. Laughing 

Thursday:Pumpkin Scissorsepisode 11 'The Quiet Quickening'.A newspaper reporter's
    investigation into Section 3 leads to Alice's kidnapping.Worse the people who kidnap her show that
    they're keeping her family under survelliance as she is soon pictures of her older sisters.
    And this episode confirms that it's supposed to take place in either a alternate version of Germany or some other German speaking country since the paper is in German.

BTW:Cardcaptor Sakura is coming out August 5 and the first movie August 26.
    Sailor Moon:Crystalcomes out November 11.The DVD only version is 30.99 at Rightstuf. Very Happy 
    I also got confirmation for my order for Madoka part 2 and so only need to order part 3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/16/2024, 7:25 pm