Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+7
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
Schwenkdawg
mitsuki lover
AlexT
JGZinv
11 posters

Random Thought

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2853
    Imperial Credits : 19282
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Random Thought - Page 10 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by Almael 11/12/2009, 8:01 pm

JGZinv wrote:
    Running it through a machine converter isn't a problem, been doing that for years.
    Usually when coupled with what I know of Japanese and the subject I can work out
    a reasonably accurate translation.
    Great!

JGZinv wrote:
    Any chance you can extend your trial by resetting a registry key, system clock, or editing a file somewhere?
    It appears to be some hidden entry either in the registry or system folders. I dunno.
    I couldn't verify any changes from my manipulations in the registry (using western, kanji, japanese code searches since all are being used there)
    In any case, re-install doesn't work. But this is probably the only time I'm thankful it was programmed for a japanese system. After restart in japanese system it reseted(?), afterwards it also reseted after restart in normal system. *very happy*
    Now I got to be very careful about the date everytime I use it. -_-

Here are your ocrs. The three bad pics got about 50-75% recognized, I used the original and a manipulated version. So you will find 2-3 results. Just look them up and complement before fill-up the errors yourself.
    The last three got around 100% success rate, except titles. The program doesn't like quick font (size) changes.
    Mark the texts to see better the ones it recognized. Also vertical text lines are copied from top to bottem and right to left. The program recognized most of the formats but check to be sure. Smile
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12936
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv 11/12/2009, 10:56 pm

awesome.. thanks for the work. ^_^

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/13/2009, 1:55 pm

You're welcome. Smile
    It actually took more time to reset the program than doint the ocr.
    So you are done with Dual except translation?

Hmm, AlexT was going to report on some russian expos but it seems he made another impression. Random Thought - Page 10 Icon_twisted
    I don't mind destroying weapons but couldn't it have been done with less flares? Random Thought - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

I just found some nice Tifa game and somehow I ended up looking for new artbooks. Nope, not about FF7, but Youkikaze. I already own the FAF at war book, but it seems there is another called "blue & purple".
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 11/13/2009, 7:14 pm

Well there's always more to translate.. but it would appear that Dual isn't being revisited by it's creators any further although they mention it here and there.

So this is largely trying to get information from old resources... manga and so forth that I spent a small fortune on back when the DualFans was several hundred members strong. After we got displaced with the site and forums gone... we never had the manpower to do much with it.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12754

Post by AlexT 11/15/2009, 7:13 am

Almael, if you're talking about that project related to Seikai game it seems they slowed down at some point. But it's been some time since i last checked, maybe there's some progress...
    Edit: I found it and checked - the last message in forum is from the guy who visited us at A.N. and he tells em that some people from A.N. would aid. Nothing new since then Sad But i see that they translate many games - SNS appeared to be not the easiest because of tons of text involved so i guess they just put it on hold until they're done with other games.

Btw, i remember i asked but it was some time ago... Is there some free engine capable of making simple quest games? You know - when there's a background and a character that can move across the screen, touch things or talk to other characters. I know Flash is capable of simple stuff like this...
    I wanted to make at least 1 such interactive scene - it's fun and is a lot easier than making short animation for example since whatever animation is there it's looped.

Almael wrote:I don't see more efficiency between an open pipe and one behind a removeable cover. Also as a ship owner, you should know how much work you got to put in into maintaining and cleaning.
    It's just simpler to clean a clean inside. I guess you know how it is
    to have to clean in the military and the pratical tricks used. Random Thought - Page 10 Icon_wink
    Moreefficiency comes from quicker maintenance/repair access. Also you have to design a ship with those panels in mind which mean you either leave a lot of unused space behind them or you need to apply extra calculations on design stage.
    When we first received that rusty wash-tub it was in sorry state, we'd probably never took it if it wasn't the only way to pay a debt. But maintaining mechanical part was actually easier than working on interiors (all the panels and stuff) so i can easily assume that purely utility or military ship is easier to maintain without all the "ergonomic" stuff Wink It ate so much money i think it's time to seel it and buy some used millitary patrol ship - at least no interior works Very Happy

I agree, but that's because the military wants to cramp everything in the smallest possible hull. For interstella spaceships you deal with so much mass and space the small additional luxury design for the crew is neglegible.
    For example the guy i know who work at antonov (he's actualy working in autocad and such designing mechanical stuff) says it's a lot cheaper and easier to design millitary transport plane than civilian airbus - all those panels and materials etc. When ergonomics is priority you have to do a lot of extra design to figure out how to hide all the machinery, pipes and stuff so that it doesn't cross or show in places reserved for people.

If you look at modern ships like the old french stealth frigates or american stealth or LCS, they are all cleaner now.
    Yes, but it mostly comes from their stealth part Smile

Is that your enlightment from psychology classes? Does this apply to me and is it good?
    Well, if i remember right those who prefer round shapes and simplicity are people driven toward Order. And naturally those who like sharp shapes, visual disorder are closer to Chaos Wink

You are not going to end up destroy all the social bubbles trying to create a good world, are you?
    "Some men like a fishin' some men like the fowlin'
    Some men like to hear the cannonball roarin'
    But me? I like sleepin...'" Wink

Spoiler:

Last edited by AlexT on 11/16/2009, 3:46 am; edited 3 times in total
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/15/2009, 8:36 am

AlexT wrote:
    Almael, if you're talking about that project related to Seikai game it seems they slowed down at some point.
    Nothing new since then Sad
    Yes. Well, most games they do have already been translated into english by others. Senki has not been done by any, so I dare say they probably don't know how to get the text out etc. They certainly don't lack programming skill, it's just they have probably never done real japanese game cracking by themselves.
    It's fine, I'm already half done with the script extractor. I'm just too lazy now to finish the other half(only need copy and modify), and I'm less motivated to create the character-coversion list. (I need only to make screenshots and use OCR then just list them up; 25% ready; 75% to go)
    As to amount of text, although, I said it's not that a complex rpg, if 1/4 of the script is text then there is more text than one Seikai novel, about 300+ pages worth.
    -_- honestly, that's too much work for one person.

I know Flash is capable of simple stuff like this...
    I wanted to make at least 1 such interactive scene - it's fun and is a lot easier than making short animation for example since whatever animation is there it's looped.
    Well, flash is best if you are going to make long and complex animation, because it saves you to redo all pictures. Instead you reuse or combine pieces just like good old 2D games.
    You have to code quite some, though.
    I don't know if there is any other with interactive options. Maybe microsoft's Silverlight can, but you need more programming skill.

------------
    Edit: Since the FAF seemed to have come back to life, I have been search for the products.
    Well, they removed all the infos and only display the images.
    I found out they are finally selling now the seal I'm usig as my current avatar. Looks like my graphic is a bit off. Oh well, I still hvae more seals they still are not selling.
    Then I started to look for the PC game for the xth time and found out they are selling an 360 Xbox version now. Still it's difficult to find the PC game. Random Thought - Page 10 Icon_evil (I want my battle fairy girl! Very Happy )

While surfing I drifted to this old Simulator again.
    Some other pics:
    G. in the dark
    G. lit version

Edit:
    Looks like I will be busy chasing aliens on Planet Fairy, the Galactic Empire or the Alliance around the Milkyway. Random Thought - Page 10 Icon_twisted
    lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11769
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach 11/28/2009, 3:22 am

Sounds like you guys keep things busy, while just be working like crazy, even thou my hours starting get cut because it been so slow. Just people right watch their money and worry going to have a job in the future. Me just taking it one day at time, plus revisiting my show star trek, for some odd reason past week just wanting to watch star trek and get the blue-ray dvds.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 11/28/2009, 3:47 am

Love the gundam pictures there... except it's the same link.

Too bad they didn't keep the statue... it'd be great for a theme park or something.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/28/2009, 8:07 am

Argh, I though I copy and paste the 2nd...
    Gundam lit.
    video
    @JGZinv: Anyway, what came out of your trying to get those Gundam game pods? It seems they have build up the net to include Korea and Hong Kong.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 11/28/2009, 3:46 pm

Lt. S and me never did anything further with it. I found the manual, and could translate the differences between it and the jap/chinese version if I wanted to.

I'm looking at maybe starting a game store locally in the future, so who knows...

Hong Kong was already part of the Gnet when we looked at it. I don't think Korea was though.
    It'd be nice if I knew how much each pod would cost.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/29/2009, 9:59 am

Hmm, according to wikipedia the net had become spread a lot. (taiwan, singapore)
    It uses the System N2 based on now older hardware, so those are not a problem, but the custom pod itself. I don't see any price management within the company shareholder reports, althought, they advertise it....
    Not even in the recent lecutre presentation is cost or price mentioned anywhere.
    I guess the only way to get to know the cost is to go and ask the company directly. It sure is an opportunity to get a hold of these as the first in northamerica....but due to cost it should be in a big city. 5 USD a game is quite a lot for casual players. It might be good to lower prices at first. In any case it's a longterm investment.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 11/30/2009, 5:13 pm

Down sick so I'll be off a couple days.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/2/2009, 1:57 pm

Get well soon!
    We will hold the fort.

It seems in mocern times one gets more streess over the holidays.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/2/2009, 3:31 pm

It's not so much that... relative brought it with them before Thanksgiving... gave it to me... oh how I wish for sleep.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 12/3/2009, 10:34 am

Everyone wanna sleep it seems, me included.
    It's something about weather i think... everyone around look sleepy and tired.
    At least they finally finished working on my car and i'll get it back soon. Though i must say after all the stuff happening on our roads i'm not sure if i wanna drive a lot anyway, unless i get something well armored Wink Ah, is hould have bought that army hummer when i had the chance Very Happy

A couple of random thoughts for our "politics & millitary club":
    Spoiler:
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/8/2009, 8:02 pm

Almael on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 pm wrote:
    If you want some armored car then forget the hammer. A class 4 security car is good enough.

Spoiler:

So today Branson introduced a new Virgin Spaceship called Enterprise, another first with that name.
    Looks like he got lots of virgins to give away. Random Thought - Page 10 Lol

Well, at least all are space virgins and will get their baptism of sorts.
    But by definition non can call themselves an astronaut if they don't complete at least one orbit. So what will the new fancy word for them be?
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/8/2009, 8:08 pm

HNAPs?

High Non Atmospheric Pilots

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4327
    Imperial Credits : 18295
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 12/9/2009, 12:18 pm

But it will take a lot of moola just to get up there.This isn't a cheap ride after all.
    btw:off-topic here a bit,I found a site that is dedicated to King Edward II and they had two pages about nothing but really weird Mediveal names.Apparently there used to be,and as Dave Barry would say "We aren't amking this up!",a place in England called 'Condom'!
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/9/2009, 1:49 pm

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/9/2009, 4:24 pm

I thought along the lines of 'mayspacer' Random Thought - Page 10 Icon_lol

Well, in those times the languages used aren't 'specified' so names from celtic origines were widespread, but later phased out because they are long or unchristian....

Hmm, nice lists there.

@AlexT: Isn't there a limit to the number of presidential terms a person can have in russia/ukraine?
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 12/10/2009, 10:17 am

Almael wrote:If you want some armored car then forget the hammer. A class 4 security car is good enough.

The only problem is such a cost a lot, starting at 200000 here used! And i came across offer of ex-millitary, probably UN medical/support hummers at around 21-23000$

Well, I haven't read the constitution yet, but I'm sure it's just a bit better than the UN in terms of powers of its institution. Nonetheless, major political decisions still need approval from each member nations. Europe only just streamelined the minor unimportant but essential administrator works.
    Same here, i believe it's for the better - the only thing EU lacked is unified government to make decisions fast - many things could stall if even some small country having doubts
    Spoiler:

@AlexT: Isn't there a limit to the number of presidential terms a person can have in russia/ukraine?
    2 terms in a row max. If someone else been president after then same person can apply again.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/10/2009, 11:05 am

AlexT wrote:And i came across offer of ex-millitary, probably UN medical/support hummers at around 21-23000$
    UN vehicles are leased or lend, the UN doesn't own them. So I doubt it's a real military HMMWV (that's what they are called), not the cheap hummer.

Edit: Read this Q&A

Spoiler:

2 terms in a row max. If someone else been president after then same person can apply again.
    I see so there is no real limit as long as someone is in between.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 12/10/2009, 2:15 pm

Almael wrote:UN vehicles are leased or lend, the UN doesn't own them. So I doubt it's a real military HMMWV (that's what they are called), not the cheap hummer.
    I see, well the obvious question is: "who said UN sold em" Very Happy Either it's salvaged/repaired one or illegally sold/bought/stolen whatever. I don't think it's much harder than buying or selling much more "important" stuff i seen being sold/bought...
    Anyway - that could be just civilian or military H1 without armor and stuff. Oh well - it's not very good anyway. Why they can't be bought is beyond me - i can buy BTR here - 15000$, no gun of course.

Spoiler:
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/10/2009, 3:50 pm

AlexT wrote:
    Oh well - it's not very good anyway. Why they can't be bought is beyond me - i can buy BTR here - 15000$, no gun of course.
    lol the HMMWV plans has been sold to the chinese for a reason.

Spoiler:
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/12/2009, 6:53 pm

Well picked up some movies.....

Monster vs. Aliens - a good rent/buy, definitely has it's moments.
    Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGq5cQ1aNf0

G.I. Joe - personally I thought it was a cheesy pathetic excuse for a relaunch movie.
    Transformers was a lot better, Iron Man miles above... and that's not saying much.

The International - At times a thought provoking movie, a bit on the "too easy" side,
    and a poor ending leaving you wondering why you just watched it only to have no resolution.

Star Trek (new) - Watching pending.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 9/21/2024, 12:33 am