Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+7
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
Schwenkdawg
mitsuki lover
AlexT
JGZinv
11 posters

Random Thought

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2853
    Imperial Credits : 19282
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Random Thought - Page 6 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by Almael 8/4/2009, 11:07 am

AlexT wrote:FarCry 2.
    Maybe I will try it one day, but I doubt after having played crysis. If only Mass Effect would work... Although I have a newer graphic card than needed it just crash to windows once I pushed the new game button. For some reason I can't play Star Trek Legacy anymore, too. I'm sure it's because of vista as it worked before for XP.

AlexT wrote:
    Not for shotgun - usualy ppl do not adress shotgun as rifle...

but friends insist so looks like i'm going in about 16th this month.Smile
    Anyway, for normal use I think a holograhpic sight is good enough. It's easier to see and target than a scope for quick shots.
    Well, I guess hunting ducks is safer and more comfortable than wandering in the woods. Hmm, there should be clouds of mosquitos over the waters. Good luck, Mr Hunter. Razz
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4327
    Imperial Credits : 18295
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 8/5/2009, 2:10 pm

Yeah,shotguns shoot shells.They do a lot of damage too just ask Jesse James and his gang about Northfield,Minnesota.They made the mistake of raiding the town during hunting season when all the men and boys had their
    shotguns and rifles out.Also I believe there was a hardware store next to the bank the James Gang tried to rob.
    Result town of Northfield routed them by a mile.
    On to other things:I had my yearly doctor visit yesterday.Did ok.Now the fun part which is waiting for the bill...yuck!!!!
    lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11769
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach 8/6/2009, 1:52 am

I'am just glab that we got those two american out of North Kora hands and hope I hope other three (dump) americans are set free from Iran next few months.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12936
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv 8/10/2009, 6:14 pm

It's raining cats and dogs here... and hailstones....

Poor cats and dogs.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12754

Post by AlexT 8/14/2009, 3:36 am

Watched "G.I.Joe" movie - what a #%^*, don't waste your money. I almost fell asleep Sad
    Starting next week i'm officialy on vacation. cheers Finaly i can finish a few drawings and paintings. And tomorow the hunting season starts.

In other news - i came across this anime: Voice of a distant star. Nice one, but what's even more interesting - it was written, directed and produced entirely by 1 man- Makoto Shinkaion on his macintosh. I got curious and decided to investigate it a bit and found out that he used photoshop and Adobe After Effects for it. Strange, who would use photoshop for anime? And AAE is nightmare. Not like it's impossible, but it probably taken tons more time than using specialized anime software... Actualy 99% of japan animation market uses same software package, at least since 1995 till 2006 (now there's just alternatives) and photoshop and likes are only used for backgrounds and static stuff. Good thing i happen to have it Smile I should probably make a short article about how anime is made for forum, some ppl might be curious since i never seen any real information on the net, just guesses.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/14/2009, 6:13 am

Laughing
    You finally got to see it, although, I'm pretty sure I mentioned to you before.
    He has another nice anime, too. Wink

Well, the japanese have the best tech about 2D graphics. Completely amazingly genius even in the eyes of freaks, but they seem not to use these anymore, since changing to 3D.
    Most graphics are in some vector form. IMHO photoshop isn't ideal but it's popular among casuals, not for precise and perfectionists like me.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/14/2009, 8:32 am

Almael wrote:Well, the japanese have the best tech about 2D graphics. Completely amazingly genius even in the eyes of freaks, but they seem not to use these anymore, since changing to 3D.
    Most graphics are in some vector form. IMHO photoshop isn't ideal but it's popular among casuals, not for precise and perfectionists like me.
    "She and her cat"? Being perfect is not always good - there must be a hand of artist in drawing, there's a reason everyone don't like much 3D in anime
    Spoiler:
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/14/2009, 11:14 am

Now the bird that really needs some culling from hunters is the Canada Goose.It seems that they're turning out to be more and more of a nuisance.
    btw:Did anyone else read about that old woman in Colorado that got mauled to death by a bear?She seems to have been one of those daft people who treated wild animals like pets or children and kept feeding the bears even though she was warned time and again not to.
    She wasn't popular with her neighbors either as the bears got so used to being fed by her that when she wasn't they started to look for pet food in THEIR houses.(She fed them dog food.)
    On another issue:I was reading in the paper today a review of Ponyo.It got pretty much panned.Then again the dub does feature Miley Cyrus so what did Disney expect?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/14/2009, 1:20 pm

[quote="AlexT"]
    "She and her cat"? Being perfect is not always good - there must be a hand of artist in drawing, there's a reason everyone don't like much 3D in anime[spoiler]
    No, not that old one: The Place Promised in Our Early Days
    The reason why 3D isn't good enough is resolution and detail not artistic flair.If 3D uses artistry as you meant it, it definitely will look good at one angle only but not any other. That's why turning people's 2d into 3d never works well because most people are not apt in imagining 3D to make good designs.

AlexT wrote:
    However! Even though it's vector based - all characters are drawn by hand - with tablet. It's still all about strokes like when you draw on paper, nothing changed - good old hand art.
    That's because it's quicker and more convenient, not because hand drawing is better. I bet anytime they will always use curve tools to fix some of their drawings.

Awaiting your presentations.Wink

mitsuki lover wrote:Now the bird that really needs some culling from hunters is the Canada Goose.It seems that they're turning out to be more and more of a nuisance.
    btw:Did anyone else read about that old woman in Colorado that got mauled to death by a bear?
    Well, I think crows are worst.
    Ya, heard it awhile ago, but I thought it was a guy...

mitsuki lover wrote:
    On another issue:I was reading in the paper today a review of Ponyo.It got pretty much panned.Then again the dub does feature Miley Cyrus so what did Disney expect?
    I haven't read it, but I found it amusing how the media had been refering to it.
    lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Post by lymhfeubdach 8/15/2009, 1:34 am

Again, I just wish the whole health care miss would just died down, it cause more problems then solutions.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/16/2009, 6:33 pm

Wow, since when health care became a problem? I probably missed something on CNN, was on hunting Sad

Back from hunting
    Spoiler:
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/16/2009, 7:48 pm

Spoiler:

Oh well, so I'm ready to post the last part of SNS4 chapter 8, but no one around to review it properly.
    Anyway, with this SNS4 is practically available in whole in english. Chapters 3&4 are still missing, but if you want to know the content just look at the summary by natsumi.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/16/2009, 9:33 pm

Almael wrote:Of course people get scared if you drive some black vehicle with black windows, wear black suits, shoes , and glasses, and call each other by the alphabet. jocolor
    Ah, wait I meant camouflage.
    No black cars - who do you think we are, some bandits? Very Happy The cars was all "green": we had few UAZ and heavier stuff these http://desantura.ru/forums/uploads/post-201-1154698978.jpg, http://rstcars.com/oldcars/specialtech_brdm_174058_0.jpg. They was quite noisy though
    I myself just had my old jeep though - not much exotic in this one :1
    Spoiler:
    Oh well, so I'm ready to post the last part of SNS4 chapter 8, but no one around to review it properly.
    Anyway, with this SNS4 is practically available in whole in english. Chapters 3&4 are still missing, but if you want to know the content just look at the summary by natsumi.
    Great! This is great to hear. I must confess - i did my best not to read the translation because i wanted to read the whole thing. I'm a person that get's excited quickly and i want as much of excitement from SNS 4 as i can get without waiting ... Not when i'm on vacation (around 20+ days long) - it's time to read Smile
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/17/2009, 11:09 pm

AlexT wrote:
    No black cars - who do you think we are, some bandits? Very Happy
    No, bandits are cool, but pirates are better. Razz Twisted Evil

AlexT wrote:
    The cars was all "green": we had few UAZ and heavier stuff these http://desantura.ru/forums/uploads/post-201-1154698978.jpg, http://rstcars.com/oldcars/specialtech_brdm_174058_0.jpg.
    Good old donkeys and frogs, eh?

AlexT wrote:
    It's a lot tougher for police snipers for this reason i guess.
    No, they don't shoot as far and their rifles are more precise than military.

AlexT wrote:
    But i was good with 12g anyway - still lots of ducks got away, even 12g is not as easy as people think.
    Yeah, you have to shoot as far as pistol have to, not like in a room. And the recoil...

AlexT wrote:
    At least everyone had regular 2 shell hunting rifles this time - i liked it, it's classic, i hate when people bring crazy stuff to hunting (i.e. machine guns, rocket launchers and radios for calling in artilery strikes ;D j/k)
    Campers and event festival fans. jocolor

AlexT wrote:
    Some are larger like finger, some are much smaller. I seen stuff in my life, but i hate leeches, maybe spiders as well - just can't get used to em. Random Thought - Page 6 Icon_wink Can cook and eat em, but hate seeing em Random Thought - Page 6 Icon_razz
    You're not alone on this planet.
    So, do they seem more tasty than worms or other insects to you? IMHO At least their intestine is kind of more safe that is if they don't have some blood disease.

AlexT wrote:
    Well i was , but i get back to normal very quickly, i get hungry quick for the same reason, never bothered to figure out why, but i guess i'm just like regular Abh in this aspect Random Thought - Page 6 Icon_wink Some joke about it saying that i got one of those long parasite worms inside me that eat everything i eat Random Thought - Page 6 Icon_eek Need to check it out....
    I doubt you have those. If so you would know when you ass tickles.
    These parasites have long sectional bodies. Every now and then they shed some sections of ful of eggs. They are harmless if you get enough food, but in 3rd world you would die of hunger.
    The worm parasite of a dog are the worst. They can nest anywhere (by accident) and grow big and kill you....imagine alien larve but with less excitement.

AlexT wrote:Great! This is great to hear. I must confess - i did my best not to read the translation because i wanted to read the whole thing. I'm a person that get's excited quickly and i want as much of excitement from SNS 4 as i can get without waiting ... Not when i'm on vacation (around 20+ days long) - it's time to read Smile
    Still need to remove notes and the like, then re-edit for the wiki. This can still take hours to finish. Besides I would like some parts reviewed to make sure I'm not overblowing or missing the point. The english text may look smooth and simple, but it was hard to convert and transform it to fit like that.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/18/2009, 8:40 pm

Almael wrote: No, bandits are cool, but pirates are better. Razz Twisted Evil
    Why is it bandits are cool? I never found their "work" to be any romantic. as for pirates - seems like being one is profitable these days. I can't believe they just give money to those and they keep capturing new ships. Companies should realy hire some security for those ships or just give crews some AKs :-1
    Almael wrote:Good old donkeys and frogs, eh?

Funny - i didn't hear people calling em this way. That BRDM is pretty cool as 4x4 - any day you want one - let me know, - it's just around 10k$ here, without any weapons or millitary radio though (it's is ancient and suck anyway). Smile

You're not alone on this planet.So, do they seem more tasty than worms or other insects to you? IMHO At least their intestine is kind of more safe that is if they don't have some blood disease.
    I don't eat insects often Smile Only i tried some worms once, but i'd prefer snails any day (they are often easier to find than worms anyway). But i know you can eat em or cook many insects - they are good source of protein and once you fry em or even make soup with em they are almost ok.
    However if i'll go to any restaurant and someone offer me to eat something that look terrible - all i need to know is that it's safe to eat and other people eat it everyday.I can easily eat it then. I'll just stop thinking about it completely until it's too late to regret, always works for me. Wink
    Btw, maybe you can tell me if following "food" story is true or false?
    One of my friends told me a story about his russian friend who visited Japan. He ordered some kind of octopus which was very expensive. It looked like it was alive, but since they came for exotics they just eat it.... when restaurant personel seen it - it turned into scandal. it appears he wasn't supposed to eat that octopus and only his...well - whatever that octupis eat for breakfast Wink They was so upset with the loss of that critter...

I doubt you have those. If so you would know when you ass tickles.
    These parasites have long sectional bodies. Every now and then they shed some sections of ful of eggs. They are harmless if you get enough food, but in 3rd world you would die of hunger.
    The worm parasite of a dog are the worst. They can nest anywhere (by accident) and grow big and kill you....imagine alien larve but with less excitement.
    I remember kind of story about em i heard couple of year back: I know these worms was often sold here as ultimate solution for weight loss in form of some pills. And even though many young women know what it is - they still used (and maybe still do?). At least i heard it from more than few sources. Women are a bit crazy about their weight here, mostly because we have few fat people.

In other news - i finaly learned that animation package and trying to make some test animation. Found it to be very exciting Very Happy
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/19/2009, 1:36 pm

I think the parasites you were talking about are tapeworms.They had an episode of House involving a girl who literally couldn't feel a thing and in one scene House had to remove a tapeworm from her.He was disappointed because it wasn't a record breaker.
    I was watching the most recent episode of Merlin on NBC Sunday and in one scene Merlin and his mentor Gaius were eating some sort of beetle because there was a curse on the crops.
    Gaius said that beetles were supposed to taste like chicken but they both gagged when they were trying to eat them.Don't think too much acting was needed in that scene.
    People it seems will eat anything if they have to,except liver.Liver is scientifically proven to be unedible.I'd rather eat worms or a Klingon targ.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/19/2009, 2:31 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I think the parasites you were talking about are tapeworms.
    House had to remove a tapeworm from her.He was disappointed because it wasn't a record breaker.
    Correct. Well, they do secret some stuff, and they do cause you to go to the toilet in order to spread their eggs.
    Still, I don't think a normal sized one is anything small.

mitsuki lover wrote:
    Gaius said that beetles were supposed to taste like chicken but they both gagged when they were trying to eat them.Don't think too much acting was needed in that scene.
    Laughing The most they would taste edible would be protein taste (some larva) and honey taste(some ants).
    Btw. crab blue blood is being used to get rid of germs. One reason being because those are one of the most alien lifeforms on earth.

mitsuki lover wrote:
    Liver is scientifically proven to be unedible.I'd rather eat worms or a Klingon targ.
    Hah, tell that to all those liver delicates from goose ect.

AlexT wrote:
    Why is it bandits are cool?
    I never found their "work" to be any romantic. as for pirates - seems like being one is profitable these days.
    Dunno, but obviously many humans do since they like gangster games, music, movies,
    support or promote it in one or another way. *->clueless alien*
    Pirates have always been fishers and traders, just look at
    mediterreanian history, Sinbad, Malaysia, Philippines, pacific
    people...canibalism was just one other occurence.

AlexT wrote:
    I can't believe they just give money to those and they keep capturing
    new ships. Companies should realy hire some security for those ships or
    just give crews some AKs :-1
    No good, because it would come to a fire fight, and pirates have RPGs.
    The asian malaysian pirate are even worst. It's normal for them to have
    big stuff and kill whole crews. They have been doing so for a very long
    time. Btw. when they are young most go to the temple for study. This is
    also normal culture...

AlexT wrote:
    Funny - i didn't hear people calling em this way.
    Just some joke about nicknames.

AlexT wrote:
    That BRDM is pretty cool as 4x4 - any day you want one - let me know,
    - it's just around 10k$ here, without any weapons or millitary radio
    though (it's is ancient and suck anyway). Smile
    Nice, but no thanks, a Unimog might be more convenient, though.

AlexT wrote:
    I don't eat insects often Smile
    Only i tried some worms once, but i'd prefer snails any day (they are
    often easier to find than worms anyway). But i know you can eat em or
    cook many insects - they are good source of protein and once you fry em
    or even make soup with em they are almost ok.
    Yah, many do like snails, I guess there isn't much of a difference to
    austern. I just don't like their slim, but I admit it's easier to
    prepare than insects, except larvas and such of cause.

AlexT wrote:
    However if i'll go to any restaurant and someone
    offer me to eat something that look terrible - all i need to know is
    that it's safe to eat and other people eat it everyday.I can easily eat
    it then. I'll just stop thinking about it completely until it's too
    late to regret, always works for me. Wink
    Smile
    That's the right attitude, as for me I have good judgment and knowledge
    to apply to my taste. So I know by looking if it does me good or not,
    evenso I rarly refuse a new experience.

AlexT wrote:
    One of my friends told me a story about his russian friend who visited
    Japan. He ordered some kind of octopus which was very expensive. It
    looked like it was alive, but since they came for exotics they just eat
    it.... when restaurant personel seen it - it turned into scandal. it
    appears he wasn't supposed to eat that octopus and only his...well -
    whatever that octupis eat for breakfast Wink They was so upset with the loss of that critter...
    Well, Korean and Japanese do eat a lot in raw for, so your friends didn't do much out of order. Laughing I dunno about this specific inert delicates, but both do eat small live octopuses, and live tentacles. A different variant of Klingon Gagh. Wink

AlexT wrote:
    I remember kind of story about em i heard couple of
    year back: I know these worms was often sold here as ultimate solution
    for weight loss in form of some pills. And even though many young women
    know what it is - they still used (and maybe still do?). At least i
    heard it from more than few sources. Women are a bit crazy about their
    weight here, mostly because we have few fat people.
    Without modern medicine you can't get rid of these, so I don't think it's a good idea.
    The same goes for the planned selling of medicine for cancer to make
    you slimmer. I wonder how they deal with the problem of lossing
    hair.....(that would be the hit jocolor )

AlexT wrote:
    In other news - i finaly learned that animation package and trying to make some test animation. Found it to be very exciting Very Happy
    It would be great if it does in some easy way, but I doubt it. For
    animation my thoughts are that game animation might be the best
    solution because you do it once and can apply any number of times.
    Again the japanese have the best computer character anymations
    available for a long time....it's outright discouraging to try to
    surpass them.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/20/2009, 6:17 pm

No good, because it would come to a fire fight, and pirates have RPGs.The asian malaysian pirate are even worst. It's normal for them to have big stuff and kill whole crews. They have been doing so for a very long time. Btw. when they are young most go to the temple for study. This is also normal culture...
    Yep. Such a convenient position to be in - traditions, history, religion... humans are experts in making excuses for what they do or how they want to live. And they always choose the easiest and most savage way. Very Happy Why work and develop when you can just steal and seize?
    Naturally society with higher level of evolution should either assimilate or destroy those stuck in stone age, the parasites on it's progressive body. The problem is - in current world nobody want to take responsibility. People who order to kill are not popular among those who see world through large plasma TVs on CNN. It's a miracle they didn't touch someone's "special" cargo by now or there would be one more empty place on the world's map. Someone is interested..

Almael wrote:
    It would be great if it does in some easy way, but I doubt it. For animation my thoughts are that game animation might be the best solution because you do it once and can apply any number of times. Again the Japanese have the best computer character animations available for a long time....it's outright discouraging to try to surpass them.
    Not really, or at least from what i read and see - there's nothing extra-ordinary going on, at least on average anime level. Anime was invented as cost-effective animation solution above all else, compared to western animation it was always faster to make. 15 frames per second vs 25 or 30, a lot of re-use of created content, many "still" scenes etc etc. No wonder western animation school consider anime to be "cheap" animation. But in the end - they invented great tool of storytelling that can step into something more mature than funny talking animals. Western school place motion above everything else while anime is focused on scene/key poses/design.
    Here is video i found - it's about actual Japanise Studio, the one that made Dragonball and many other anime. There's one of their animators explaining how he uses Retas Pro and how the whole thing is made. A rare video, i think you'll find it interesting:
    https://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Inside%2BToei%2BAnimation/video/x5kb9q_anntv-inside-toei-animation-pt1_shortfilms
    Note one thing - he's showing how to do inbetween fmare - it's rare and hard piece of work for actual anime, all the rest is a lot easier and faster. In other words - every time character turn his whole body is trouble. Anything that is done without change of angle or that moves partialy - is easy.
    Spoiler:

In other news - today i seen this movie "District 9". It's great. It may sound strange (considering it's sci-fi), but it's very realistic. A+ for for mercs Very Happy very realistic. Always bad of course - someone got to be ;1 I liked choise of equipment - cars and LAV - (light armored vehicles) are all real and not some "let's make shiny thing", weapons too except for that strange white...XM8 or what was that? Anyway - i want more sci-fi in this style, not typical hollywood c***.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/21/2009, 8:05 pm

AlexT wrote:Why work and develop when you can just steal and seize?
    Naturally society with higher level of evolution should either assimilate or destroy those stuck in stone age, the parasites on it's progressive body. The problem is - in current world nobody want to take responsibility. People who order to kill are not popular among those who see world through large plasma TVs on CNN. It's a miracle they didn't touch someone's "special" cargo by now or there would be one more empty place on the world's map. Someone is interested..
    Yeah,
    No, you can't get rid of parasites and gaps in society. It's natural law. Parasite Eve ( Laughing )
    People have become reliant on others to do things and don't step up themselves for what they say. Simple example they like to talk nature etc put when they party they leave a mess.
    Hypocrites, no need to look further than your own mirrors, where you find nearly all answers to any problems. Anything else is in textbook or nobody wants to tell you.
    This is a man's world and we all swim or sink by the action of everyone.

Not really, or at least from what i read and see - there's nothing extra-ordinary going on, at least on average anime level.
    I meant computers.

Anime was invented as cost-effective animation solution above all else, compared to western animation it was always faster to make. 15 frames per second vs 25 or 30, a lot of re-use of created content, many "still" scenes etc etc. No wonder western animation school consider anime to be "cheap" animation.
    That was 30 years ago, not since the 80's. The better series have always used some high level techniques from time to time. Later the OVA destinction was introduce for those since later 80's or so. If you seen the classics you would know.

But in the end - they invented great tool of storytelling that can step into something more mature than funny talking animals. Western school place motion above everything else while anime is focused on scene/key poses/design.
    Well, they just used professional movie technology: story boards and design.
    They have been doing so since the 70's, that's like since ever.

Spoiler:

In other news - today i seen this movie "District 9". It's great. It may sound strange (considering it's sci-fi), but it's very realistic. A+ for for mercs Very Happy very realistic. Always bad of course - someone got to be ;1 I liked choise of equipment - cars and LAV - (light armored vehicles) are all real and not some "let's make shiny thing", weapons too except for that strange white...XM8 or what was that? Anyway - i want more sci-fi in this style, not typical hollywood c***.
    The theme sounds like series I know.

Edit:
    Yep, it's SAfrica alright. Those are not LAV, but riot cars made in SAfrica.
    You should go see some other nice SAfrican movies, nice theme about society, too.

You are too fixed on the XM8 rifle. Smile
    in posted footage the rifle looks like a modified Steyr or a later FAMAS G2.
    Both are nice but outdatet. (A Tavor TAR-21 with a longer barrel like the FAMAS would be better.) But it could be a L85A2 since it's SAfrica.
    Actually, it's the Vector CR21 made in SAfrica, of course.
    Hm, the mecha looks like a Macross design Zentrady command mech + typical antennas.
    the shuttle looks like the empire ships straight from Legends of Galactic Heroes or the later Homeworld 2 drones. Funny the ships would use thrusters while they have gravity control.

Random Thought - Page 6 Th_FAMAS_ChineseWomenSoldiers
    Surprised

Edit : An interesting bit of news on 'contractors'
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/24/2009, 2:08 pm

When I first saw the ad for District 9 I thought they were talking about the proposed new version of Alien Nation.On the more recent ads when they say,"They came here 28 years ago.."it even sounds like the beginning of Alien Nation.
    In other things:
    our town is doing a lot of street work this Summer so it is a pain to get anywhere on foot.Why they don't come up with alternate pedestrian crossings like they do for auto detours I don' know.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 8/25/2009, 9:13 pm

Almael wrote:
    Sounds like a powerful, all alowing tool.
    But yeah, nothing for us mortals.

Something like this would be great. Random Thought - Page 6 Icon_wink
    Already made something... just need to make it long enough. I tried traditional hand drawn approach and animated some Abh girl in photoshop. Smile It's easier than i expected and if i had vector tools it would be a lot faster due to less mess to clean and easy reshaping of existing lines. It become real easier if you follow rules described in "Animator's survival kit" - once character is designed in few key poses it's easier to re-draw parts to continue motion. So far i'm still not scared away.

You should go see some other nice SAfrican movies, nice theme about society, too.
    The last ok movie i saw it was Blood Diamond i think. If you're talking about older times (movies and reality) - disctrict 9 is definately a bit too"futuristic" - close to today but not like the past. I heard stories about Africa even since i was a kid. One of my uncles already served there as millitary adviser before i was even born.

You are too fixed on the XM8 rifle. Random Thought - Page 6 Icon_smile
    Nope Smile I just call every new shiny plastic toy i see XM8 for some reason Razz
    Ah, that CR21... it's not widely spread - bullpup stuff if i remember correctly? And like every bullpup it's expensive, problems with ammunition etc. I don't think that continent needs high-tech weapons today or tomorow. If it can last anywhere as long as M4 then whoever uses it is in trouble. My bet is on AK, as always.
    Steyr and FAMAS are not outdated - it's not even their time... Unless you talking about covers of weapons magazines then yes, if we're talking about practical usage...
    Speaking of which - i have photo of US soldier in iraq with M14. Very Happy Someone said they don't use em at all for some time. If only it was more reliable then any M4 c***. As long as "Colt defenses" holds monopoly over assault rifle contracts - US won't have any decent guns. And I see wonderful samples in Future weapons on discovery every day...
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/26/2009, 8:33 am

AlexT wrote:
    The last ok movie i saw it was Blood Diamond i think. If you're talking about older times (movies and reality)
    One of my uncles already served there as millitary adviser before i was even born.
    Well, they are old, don't remember the names, though.
    Must be very long ago.

AlexT wrote:
    Nope Smile I just call every new shiny plastic toy i see XM8 for some reason Razz
    Ah, that CR21... it's not widely spread - bullpup stuff if i remember correctly?
    My bet is on AK, as always.
    Steyr and FAMAS are not outdated - it's not even their time...
    Laughing
    Actually, most small arms produced in SAfrica is a copy from someone else. in this case it's the israeli Tavor they copied.
    Nope, I meant what I said, those two are technically outdated. They can't compete in terms of design, maintainance, relyability, precision. Both were done in the 70's, the tech available today is from the 90's.
    As to old will be the future I will bet on these:
    Korobov from 1965. G11 , caseless ammunition, telescopic ammunition, and aerodynamic ammunition.
    Btw. anything interesting on that munition development table?
    Does this say anything interesting?

AlexT wrote:
    Speaking of which - i have photo of US soldier in iraq with M14. Very Happy Someone said they don't use em at all for some time.
    correct.
    It was used in vietnam as a sniper rifle and still is used as parade weapon.
    Until the end of the war it was use by the Svietnamese army. The US army switched early on to the AR15/M16. The Svietnamese army got some M16 as test and only in the last weeks of the war.
    It was taken out of service after the war, but now got into service again as a sniper weapon.
    The problem was that it's a heavy battle rifle with just 7+ rounds and no automatic.
    IMHO true battle rifles are best on the battlefield.

AlexT wrote:
    Future weapons on discovery every day...
    Well, discovery channel tends to exagerate things to make them interesting. They don't really lie but it's often not correct either.
    But i still watch, although most they show isn't new at all.

Random Thought - Page 6 Cute20catmp5tb0
    You know the israelis sell their corner shot complete with a kitty.
    lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Post by lymhfeubdach 8/26/2009, 6:38 pm

Sometimes, I question if I have life at all. I see my friends and coworkers moving in life expect me. I want change; for example, I want put car and go back to school.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/27/2009, 9:53 am

Well, it's different for everyone, but I think the important thing is that you can do what want and is important to you. Life does not always offer happiness but if you are content most of the time it's good enough. Of course you can try hard to follow others or satisfy other's opinion but then you are chained to society.
    In other words freedom to express yourself and live as you want is most important. Of course in return you have to respect others.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/28/2009, 8:55 am

Some interesting pieces of news today:
    Can Bill Gates stop hurricanes? The idea is to cool the ocean to prevent storms from forming.
    Well, IMHO since the ocean are the coolling liquid on starship Earth I doubt it works.

The moonrock in the dutch national museum is Fake.
    This is going to cause a stirr. Either someone stole it before given to the Dutch people or all 1st landing samples were fake (doubtfull).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 9/20/2024, 8:46 pm