Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4205
    Imperial Credits : 17901
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 4/28/2023, 12:32 pm

A little four year old child had to remind Biden where he'd been last week.

So looks like the Biden family is not going to recognize the existence of Hunter's bastard daughter any time soon.
    At least when Cleveland was confronted about having a bastard child he owned up to it and admitted to paying child support.

Good Spring day today.

I'm going to check to see if Girls Und Panzer: Das Finale pt. 4 and RWBY vol. 9 are listed as being out yet when I order High School of the Dead tv series in a few weeks. I doubt it though as it sounded like RWBY vol. 9 wasn't coming out until later in the year, and depends on when Warner's gets the ok to release pt. 4 of GUP:TF from Japan.

I hope it doesn't turn out with either of them to be another EVA deal where after Amazon acquired it you had to have Amazon Prime to get it type of thing.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/1/2023, 3:29 pm

Speaking of Samurai Jack: it has to be one of the best and greatest non-Disney cartoons of the early 21st century. Despite the simple art work and animation and story telling, it does have epic depth to it that a lot of more recent live action series lack. It's also straight forward,again something that many shows today lack.
    Given the right actor and proper CGI work it could be a pretty good live action movie....if it were done right and without any hidden agenda. Just saying.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/3/2023, 1:13 pm

Since the blu ray of High School of the Dead tv won't be out until July, I decided to switch things around and since the anime of Parasyte costs nearly $70, I think I will get the live action movie set instead.

Also the RWBY/JLA movie.

Today at the barbershop there were two men and a woman ahead of me, at the barbershop where I go everyone has to sign in, except the first customer. Any ways: the woman signed in second and after the first man was finished she should have been next, except the man who signed in third got up and took her place. The barber tried to tell him the woman was ahead of him but
    he insisted that he had been waiting in his car before she showed up and so he was actually second. But what can ya do?....

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/5/2023, 3:22 pm

So tommorrow is the big day with Chuckles finally getting crowned. It's going to be on at about
    5 a.m. so doubt too many Americans will be watching. Also they sent Jill Biden....Jill Biden?
    Couldn't they have sent a more responsible member of the Biden family like Major? Random Thought - Page 2 1f60b Random Thought - Page 2 1f615

All this wouldn't have happened of course if his granduncle Edward hadn't decided to abdicate " for the woman he loved." So Harry shouldn't be too down about being a Spare, after all his Great Grandfather was one as well.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/8/2023, 12:49 pm

It's warmer today but cloudy. We might get some more rain on the way later on, at least that's the way it feels like.

From what I understand both Andrew and Harry were at Charles' coronation but they were seated in the nose bleed section. A nice way of saying: "You may come to my coronation, but you will be seated where
    no-one will be able to notice you and your presence cannot interrupt the ceremony." or to put it in other terms, it was Charles' way of notifying his brother and son that the two of them were still persona non grata in the royal family despite outward appearances to the contrary.

At least Meghan wasn't there. She and Kamala Harris are probably two of the most unpopular women
    living today. I think even Delilah and Queen Jezebel rank higher in likeability and popularity then those two.

And speaking of Kammie Harris....can that woman make a speech without sounding like she's either talking to two year olds or on Sesame Street? (Although even a two year old might end up feeling she's being condescending to them and then even Elmo can talk better.)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/10/2023, 12:40 pm

RFK, Jr. publicly says he suspects the CIA was behind his uncle's 1963 assisination. If this were even five years ago, I think I and most people would think he was crazy. Now adays it doesn't appear to be as crazy as it might sound. Especially when you consider everything that the Deep State has been accused of doing in the past few decades.
    That the CIA would use Oswald as a patsy doesn't seem now to be that too far fetched. If true then a lot of history of the past 70 years would have to be carefully looked at, not just the JFK murder but also those of MLK and RFK as well.
    Then Watergate and the 2020 election. All this, of course, if RFK,Jr. is correct about the CIA involvment in his uncle's death!
    It gives one pause to wonder how much we can trust not only our own government but it's intelligence gathering apparatus as well. And just whom they are working for. scratch scratch scratch
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/12/2023, 12:53 pm

Today looked up photos of the town in Rhineland-Palatinate where some of my maternal grandpa's maternal ancestors were from. Some of them were Swiss, so the hills must have reminded them of
    the home they had left behind.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/15/2023, 12:30 pm

Re-reading a short biography on Bach.

Looks like it might cool down a bit as there are clouds outside now.

So they took a portrait of the King with his two heirs apparent: his son William and grandson George.
    It's interesting that in the series The Crown the actor playing William looks to have more hair than William has in real life!!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I noticed Harry isn't in any of the official royal family portraits of the King and Queen.

Despite being a sophomore team the Kraken have done pretty well in the playoffs.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/17/2023, 12:54 pm

Interesting that: 1) the investigation into Hunter Biden's finances as suddenly been pulled.
    2) the MSM isn't saying much about the fact that the Durham report pretty much
    was as expected a vindication of President Trump.
    3) Biden is refusing to say much of anything about either.

In other words another day that ends in y in Swampland.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/19/2023, 3:43 pm

Hot today in my part of the world.

I think if there were space aliens among us we wouldn't necessary know. The reason is simple: if aliens wanted to send a scouting party to Earth they would have to by necessity blend in. Basically, I think if there are space aliens they probably look so much like us that it would make no difference in appearance. Perhaps they would have subtle differences, such as odd eye colors or slightly different shaped noses or ears. But not large enough for the average human being to really take note.
    Also to be able to survive among humans they would have to have a similar bio-chemical system.
    Meaning that they would have to eat the same types of foods that humans can eat.
    And of course they would have to have vocal chords that could make it easy for them to speak any human language they would need to know to blend in with the local population.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/22/2023, 12:38 pm

The whole problem with American politics is that the Elite keep themselves in a bubble in the Belt Way. I think that not only breaking up the FBI and other alphabet organizations wouldn't be a bad idea. It wouldn't be a bad idea to do the same for all of the Cabinet level departments as well. Instead of having one department located in a centrally located place, have several sub-departments that would be HQed
    in different parts of the country.
    Each one would be independent of the others and be restricted to it's particular part of the country.
    For example Agriculture Midwest would be in charge of the Midwest, Interior Arctic would be in charge of Alaska, Labor Southeast would be in charge of the Southeast, etc. In other words each region of the country would be in a way independent of the other regions and would therefore be tailor made for the particular region it served.
    I know there are still a lot of problems with that but then again making each region independent of the others might not be a bad idea considering all the problems we are having.
    But like I said it's just an idea.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/24/2023, 1:02 pm

I got stung by a bee today while weeding grass.

My copy of the live action Parasyte movies came today.

I wanted to get the anime but the cost was too much.

Well, I really needed to get more live action to add to my collection...so there is that.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/26/2023, 3:33 pm

With Father's Day coming up next month I have to say that Tatsuou Saeki on Gingitsune (Makoto's dad) is one of my favorite anime dads. The guy is so phlegmatic and kind that nothing seems to ruffle him.

Speaking of holidays: Memorial Day Monday and there's going to be a lot of traffic.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm glad that there's no mail on Memorial Day as it's heck just trying to get across the street on normal days.

Whoever is the GOP nominee (*koff* TRUMP *koff*) everyone that votes GOP should be united to vote for. One of the problems with 2020 was anti-Trump Republicans. They're the ones that could
    throw the election (alongside any cheating and other fraud like in 2020). Seeing what the alternative has been like for the past couple of years, I doubt we can survive four more of Harris-Biden.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/29/2023, 12:54 pm

Happy Memorial Day!

Arlington originally belonged to Martha Washington who deeded it to her grandson George Washington Parke Custis. The latter's daughter Mary married a young US army lieutenant named Robert Edward Lee there. When Custis died it passed to the Lee family. After Lee chose to go with his native State of Virginia the Federal government confiscated the estate and evicted Mrs. Lee and their younger children, who then were forced to move to Richmond.
    They decided to bury the first Union soldiers in Mary Lee's rose garden to spite her husband and make sure they couldn't reclaim the estate.
    After the war one of the Lee sons ( IIRC either Custis or Robert, Jr.) inherited the estate after his father died. He was the one who legally deeded it over to the Federal government so it could be made into a National Memorial and Cemetery.

Ironically the monument they want to tear down was sculpted by the first Jewish cadet to ever graduate from VMI, it was also dedicated by either President McKinley or Taft (forget which).
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/31/2023, 12:45 pm

Seth Dillon the President and CEO of The Babylon Bee fired his VP of Marketing Gavin Wax on Twitter without clear reason.
    What has come out of it all is that The Bee is (unfortunately) being paid by the DeSantis camp, which explains a lot of their recent (equally unfortunate) attacks on President Trump.
    I still enjoy reading it and its sister site Not The Bee but avoid the anti-Trump articles.
    Though one would expect a humor site to be above the fray and be more rooting for all the GOP candidates and not just their own man.
    I think if the GOP loose to a demented old man and a woman who is dumber than dirt it will be largely the fault of people like Dillon.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/2/2023, 3:38 pm

Next month I have to make my doctor's appointment for the year. Unlike the dentist I have to make it
    the month or so before.

Read Conan The Outcast by Leonard Carpenter this past week.

Upcoming anime watching for June: I"S, Yukikaze and Mahoromatic.

I"S I have both I"S and I"S Pure, the others I have ep. 3 & 4 of Yukikaze
    and S 2 ep. 1-4 and Summer Special for Mahoromatic.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/5/2023, 12:43 pm

Our church officially voted to leave the United Church of Christ yesterday after the service was over.
    Good timing too since I watched Gutfeld on Fox News Channel Saturday night and they had a segment on how really woke the domination had gotten: the presiding officer had a video where he
    obliged for the fact that the domination's calendar featured a cartoon of children around the world with a couple of white kids and the kid on the top of the circle was a blonde girl! Random Thought - Page 2 1f615 scratch scratch scratch Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Interesting bit of history: most people think that the conquest of England was won after Hastings in 1066, but that was only the beginning. For one thing only that part of Southern England was under Norman control and for another the English Witan (which was the Saxon version of Parliament more or less) were the ones who actually picked who would be king. They chose Aethelred II's great grandson Edgar The Aethling instead because of the fact his father had been the beloved Edward The Outlaw who was the son of Edmund II called Ironside. Harold II's sons weren't old enough to challenge, IIRC.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/7/2023, 12:46 pm

I'm thinking of pre-ordering the High School of the Dead blu ray, but I think I shall wait until next
    Wednesday. The Girls Und Panzer, Das Finalept.4 and RWBY S 9 aren't out yet.

Looks like they've come out with yet another sequel to The Walking Dead this one is called:
    The Walking Dead Universe and apparently takes place in a zombie haunted NYC (then again it's
    NYC so how would anyone be able to tell the difference? Random Thought - Page 2 1f60b  Random Thought - Page 2 1f606 )

I wonder how long the zombie craze will last.

Speaking of which both Pence and Christie have announced for the GOP nomination. Even Nikki Haley is doing better than the former, which is a bad sign for Pence.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/9/2023, 3:49 pm

When I was watching Gingitsune yesterday I was reminded of how important it is not only to know and understand another language but also the cultural context.

Yesterday I came across a story at the Babylon Bee's sister site of Not The Bee about strange lights over Las Vegas and then some people called the police claiming that eight to ten foot tall creatures with saucer shaped eyes were standing in their backyard staring at them through their windows.
    IDK if it was real or not, the only thing I could think of at the time was what were the police supposed to do about the "aliens"? And also wouldn't that be more the jurisidiction of the Air Force any way?
    Sounds more like something up Mulder and Scully's alley than the local PD.

Rain today and yesterday night.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/12/2023, 2:46 pm

Found an article on the online version of the Las Vegas Journal-Review that talked about how Nevada seems to be one of the hot spots in the country for UFO sightings and alien abductions.
    So maybe the aliens were in Las Vegas looking for Rick Harris to sell something on Pawn Stars?
    lol! lol! lol! lol!

Seriously though these sort of things seem to have been happening in Nevada for decades.
    Which raises the question as to why certain places seem to attract paranormal activity and also why certain types of people seem to be targets of alien abduction and other paranormal happenings and not others.

Perhaps the study of the Native American folklore and mythology of Nevada would give a clue for why it seems to be happening currently in Nevada, and also is there any evidence of other encounters both in the ancient past and more recently (the former based on mythology and folklore).
    And no I'm not advocating for the Ancient Astronaut theory here, I'm just wondering if by studying folklore and mythology of the region might have some clue to what's happening now.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/14/2023, 12:45 pm

As expected the whole Aliens-In-The-Backyard in Las Vegas was pretty much a hoax, the cops who answered the call must've been pretty pissed because they told the people who made the call not to call them again if they see any other aliens in their backyard.

Though I still think that the study of folklore and mythology wouldn't be a bad idea in trying to understand what's going on here. After all nearly every culture around the world has stories about giants, including cyclopes.

Pre-ordered High School of the Dead Blu Ray today. Since I have the OVA and know who survives from it, coming to the actual series and seeing how it begins is gonna be interesting.
    Also how do they meet up with Alice and her dog?

Jury Duty starting on July 10. We have a call in system which basically means I don't have to go to the courthouse unless I'm called. Mainly both sides tend to settle things out of court because of cost and time it takes, so it's pretty rare to have an actual jury trial. Mostly it's calling in on the designated date each week until the last week. I've done this before and only had to sit on a jury once.
    It's mainly the suspense each week of not knowing whether or not you have to end up going to court.
    Then again I think it's better than what they have other places where you do have to come in every day and sit and if you're not chosen come back every day....
    At least with our method your life isn't too disturbed.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/16/2023, 3:36 pm

I hope I can get an early August appointment for the doctor. The one thing about having epilepsy that turns out to be good is that it means I need to make a doctor appointment once a year, even if I don't want to. This is because I need to have my blood levels checked each year when I get my medicine
    renewed. I suppose if I didn't have to do this every year, I would be like everyone else and avoid seeing the doctor as much as possible. The problem with that is, when you avoid doctor's appointments you may end up getting a rather nasty surprise.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/19/2023, 3:21 pm

I should have added to my comment about ep. 22 of Akame ga Kill that it also shows the friendship between Wave and Tatsumi even though they're on opposite sides.

Then again the ironic thing about most wars is that sooner or later soldiers on both sides realize that
    except for the politics of the thing they might have been friends with each other.

I think that's because when you go through the same common suffering and miserable conditions and
    are equally home sick a sort of bond would necessarily form. It's why in real life Confederate and Union soldiers would from time to time have informal truces and swap stories, papers, coffee and
    tobacco.

Then again once you meet the enemy face to face and learn he's not the devil you've been warned about, but rather a normal guy like yourself, it becomes hard to shoot him in battle. This is why
    fraternizaton is always frowned upon.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/21/2023, 12:39 pm

It's getting easier and easier to pick out which on the Right are pro-Desantis, they're usually the ones who point out that Trump can't win if nominated. They also tend to point out how disasterous the 2022
    election was for the GOP even though they won back the House. (Granted a small majority but a majority nonetheless and you got to take your victories where and when you can and McCarthy as Speaker is a win for the GOP.)

According to what I found at Myheritage yesterday one of my 4x great grandmas on my paternal grandpa's side may have had the maiden name of Lincoln. If true I wonder what Lincoln family she came from...not holding out any hope she may have been related to Old Abe. Wonder how many Lincoln families there were in the South.

Doesn't quite feel like Summer here yet. Was cloudy and still feels like it might rain some more later on.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/23/2023, 3:16 pm

Medievalists.net is an interesting blog all about the Middle Ages. One article I read described some of the top mistakes movies make about the Middle Ages. Another had some of the interesting nicknames of various rulers. One Byzatine Emperor had the nickname The Sh*t because the story goes when he was being baptized as an infant he sh**ted into the cup of baptismal water. But the context was that he was an Iconoclast and didn't like seeing people kissing the Icons during Mass.
    So his enemies named him something outrageously obnoxious (and probably invented the story to go with the name.)
    Then again one of the Spanish kings was named The Slobberer...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 7:07 pm