Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4203
    Imperial Credits : 17899
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 28 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 10/9/2020, 1:32 pm

It looks like Joe should have picked Tulsi instead of Kamala for his running mate; at least Tulsi wouldn't have made a fool of herself the way Kamala has.

The problem with not having church on Sundays is that our congregation has a problem with low numbers. On our best Sundays we can get 50, on an average we get 30. Even choir has gone down over the last couple years I have been in it.

Been re-reading Superman:The Man of Steel published around 2001 and so it doesn't include the more recent reneditions in DC Comics such as the New 52 and Re-Birth narratives.

Vikings vs Seahawks on Sunday. My#1 team vs my #2.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/12/2020, 2:46 pm

Happy Columbus Day. Yeah, Indigenious Peoples Day doesn't sound quite right.

Interesting that the team formerly known as the Redskins as been sucking ever since they decided to not call themselves the Redskins.

The Vikings lost by only 1 point to the Seahawks yesterday. If they're two 1 loss games had gone one point the other way they would be 3-2 now instead of 1-4. The vagracies of the Football Gods.

And were people actually paying attention to the NBA at all this season? It seems viewership and interest in pro basketball has gone down quicker than the Titanic.

I blame it on too much Woke and not enough playing.

California is being California again and making even more weird rules about outdoor social gatherings that nobody is probably going to bother to read or obey according to Red State.

Saw one of the best political ads ever yesterday: the Republican running to replace Inslee as governor had one focusing on the fact that Inslee is a career politician who has done zilch for Washington State.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/14/2020, 1:15 pm

Did more leaf raking today. Rained yesterday really hard and toward night some high winds. We were lucky as we didn't loose power like others in the area.

Looks like McConnell is on the way to a landslide in Kentucky. The candidate the Dems picked to oppose him apparently has a large flip flop problem on the issues.

ACB should be confirmed without any difficulty as long as the Dems keep asking her inane and insane questions, which means they have no real chance of denying her a seat on the SCOTUS.

My own thoughts on COVID-19/Wuhan Flu have always been that it should be the local community and not the State or Federal Government that decides things like whether or not to lock down or if people should or shouldn't wear masks or whether or not to keep businesses, churches and schools open.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/16/2020, 3:28 pm

Have another colonoscopy in November but have to take Covid-19 test week before.

Looks like ACB sailed through her confirmation hearing. Even Feinstein said that McConnell handled the whole process well.

Windy right now.

Saw Spock's Brain I think on Monday on Heroes & Icons network for the Nth time. Favorite line: "Brain and brain...What is brain?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's up there with: "Shut up Wesley!"

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/19/2020, 3:12 pm

Saw Spectre of the Gun again yesterday on Star Trek. Point of interest, the Clantons were originally from Southeast Virginia. Ike and his boys belonged to a branch to migrated west.

A lot of leaf raking still.

Trump's in a good position to win re-election. In fact the polling company that predicted his '16 win is predicting a win in '20 but with some caveats.

We shall see; hope they are right.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/21/2020, 12:49 pm

35 degrees today. Some of the white stuff starting to fall and it's not even Halloween!

Gov. Inslee came out with more restrictions for colleges and university campuses in Washington State. So much insanity with taking away people's Constitutional rights as if that will do anything to stop Covid-19 from spreading.

Watched the last of the World Series Game 1 yesterday. Didn't realize it had started. Though the Dodgers won
    8-3. Corey Seager again gets bragging rights in the Seager family when he sees big bro Kyle of the Mariners.

Duck Tales and Big Hero 6 two of the best toons of the decade. Smile
    Big Hero 6 really Disney doing what if the Scooby Doo gang were superheroes and Scoob was a friendly robot.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/23/2020, 3:25 pm

People who don't know the difference between an actual animal and nickname given to human traffickers shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    Just saying if you don't know that coyote is also the nickname given to human traffickers who lead illegals cross the border and can't tell the difference between them and actual coyotes, welp you may want to rethink that whole vote thingie.

Biden should never play high stakes poker,he doesn't have the face for it. He kept making faces when Trump was talking in yesterday's debate.

snowing right now and it's not even Halloween yet!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/26/2020, 1:02 pm

Seahawks finally lost yesterday. Considering the ravaging the Vikings did of the Seahawks secondary the last time that Seattle was on Sunday night it shouldn't surprise anyone. Arizona simply saw what Minnesota was doing and took it up a notch or two.

Dodgers now lead in the World Series 4-2 hope they can seal the deal in Game 6.

No, Vice President Pence doesn't have to be in the Senate today for the confirmation vote of ACB. He only has to be there if there was a possible tie and looks like that's not gonna happen as the GOP have enough votes to pass it on partisan lines.

RWBY volume/season 7 should be coming out soon.

I don't go in for mask hysteria and will not wear a mask if wearing a mask is mandated. I think it's up to the person's own decision whether or not to wear one and not the government. I will continue to do what I have always done---only wear a mask when and where required, other than that such as outdoors only if social distancing is impossible, but other wise no.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/28/2020, 12:49 pm

So Inlsee is having a snit because North Idaho isn't mandating mask wearing. Too bad he's the governor of Washington and not Idaho...which means none of his business what North Idaho does or doesn't do in regard to mask wearing.

Congrats to the Dodgers for outlasting the Rays in MLB's version of Survivor. Though I could've done with out all the SJW stuff in the owner's acceptance speech. Though he did start it out really classy by congratuating the Rays on a series well played.

Still have to wait to hear when my colonscopy is going to be.

I really need to get some more comics but every time I go by the second hand store I get my comics at it's closed.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/30/2020, 3:38 pm

I still haven't heard back about when my colonoscopy is supposed to take place. If I don't hear back form the hospital by Tuesday I'll ask when I go in for my Covid 19 testing on Wed.

Been raking more leaves. The snow got my behind on my raking.

I think the Dems are forgetting that in January there was this little thing called an Impeachment going on, which is why the President couldn't have acted any sooner on Covid 19 than he did.

Re-reading what I have of The Death of Clark Kent story arc in Superman comics.
    And the surprise that Conduit, the villain of the story was actually Clark's best friend from Smallville
    Kenny Braverman was probably the biggest twist and shock.

The cover of one of the comics has Lois Lane getting blown up. Very dynamic.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/2/2020, 2:06 pm

Going in for my Covid-19 testing on Wednesday. Next Monday I go in for my colonoscopy at 11:30, which means I don't eat anything at all after I start my prep on Sunday afternoon until I'm done with the operation. Wish it were in the morning so I could get to eating sooner...oh well! Neutral

I had to ask about getting the mail since the instructions include quarantining after getting the test and since we get the mail at the PO and I'm the one who gets it, I was told it be ok as long as I took the necessary precautions.

Can't wait for next Tuesday when everything is done with and all I have to worry about is the dentist and Christmas.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/4/2020, 1:42 pm

I'm in self-isolation now until Monday when I go in for my colonoscopy. The Covid test wasn't too bad, just stick a swap in your nostrils. Only took a few seconds to actually do.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/6/2020, 3:21 pm

At this point I think the level of voter fraud in some States is probably massive. Too many questionable results for an election that should have been decided days ago. Also Biden has the Dead & Zombie vote locked up.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I don't see a Biden/Harris administration being very popular and 2024 is stacking up to be a GOP landslide for the Presidency if Trump can run again if he looses this year.Trump could be the Republican
    Grover Cleveland. And remember after loosing to Harrison the first time the second time Cleveland basically slaughtered him because of the economy.

Maybe Secession ain't a bad idea.

Also term limit every politician from dog catcher to President and not just President. It be good idea and then we wouldn't have to have San Fran Nan in the Speaker's Chair again. Hey even some of her
    fellow Dems are questioning her leadership and some are even saying they need to get back to basics....who'd have thunk?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/10/2020, 12:23 am

On the Covid-19 front: I'm negative= Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The colonoscopy went well. They did find a couple of polyps and so are biopsying them now. Hope I don't have to go back until 2023.

Plumbing problems again.

Personally I think I would like to take a lid on the whole thing until 2030, just in case.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/11/2020, 1:57 pm

Cocaine Mitch is Senate Majority Leader again, bad news for Biden.

Working on trying to get bathroom unclogged. Will have to try suggestion to use mix of hot water and cooking oil to see if that works.

Got one piece of mail addressed to me with the words RETURN TO SENDER, DECEASED on it. Apparently I'm dead.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/13/2020, 2:11 pm

Plumbing problem solved. The plumber found out that it was, as feared, roots. He gave us a bottle of Copper Sulfate and said we need to put a bottle down every six months for the rest of the time we live here.

Joe Biden's Inaugral Speech:
    "I thank everyone for...you know... the thing... that you know..brought us all here... for you know...
    the thing....and I promise to do....you know...that thing...that you know...we...you know...that thing...so we can get...you know... the thing...that...you know...the thing...so we can...you know...do the thing...that we...you know did...that thing for...And we will...(reads part of Trump's Speech in 2017)...so...in...that thing...we will be..doing...the thing..."

Snowing again today. Will wait until afternoon to do any shoveling.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/14/2020, 12:29 am

Forgot to mention earlier but I put in my order for RWBY S 7. I wanted to also order S3 & S4 of
    UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie as wll but it was out of stock at the time, so instead I ordered part 2 of Eureka 7. I think watching the trailer for the first prequel movie at the start of the final disc of
    Banner of the Stars finally got to me. Very Happy Cool
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/16/2020, 4:10 pm

I actually wanted to get Eureka 7 because when the finale was run on the 'Toon Network I remember falling to sleep part way through. So this gives me a chance to see the whole thing without falling asleep again. Smile

Looks like Metv is adding some Looney Tunes on their schedule.

Their sister network H & I re ran Mudd's Women on Star Trek with Roger C. Carmel being the definitive Harcourt Fenton "Harry" Mudd. Like Kahn or rather "KKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNN!" or Q from STNG for that matter, it's hard to picture another actor playing the part. Even though he appeared on only two episodes: Mudd's Women and I, Mudd Carmel basically made the role his own.

The more lockdowns and mandates are announced the less I think the whole thing has been about Covid-19 and more seems to be about certain politicians trying to grab and keep themselves in power.
    In some States Covid-19 has been nothing more than an excuse for the unConstitutional power grab.
    Funny if the Right were to do it we'd be hearing screams about Dictatorship but considering where it's coming from: crickets.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/18/2020, 1:46 pm

The vaccines look like they're about ready. If Operation Warp Speed has done anything it has effectively
    burst the need for a nation wide lockdown or mask mandate, since the vaccines should be ready to go public before the next President (whoever that may be) is inaugurated.

Biden has named an Anti-Free Speech man to his staff.

Like I said before this is looking more and more to be less about Covid-19 and more about gaining and keeping power by the elite.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/20/2020, 4:25 pm

Still cold but much of the snow has melted away for now.

Read at Twitchy today about a woman in South Australia who asked if it was alright to walk her dog despite the lockdown there. Apparently it wasn't, though tell that to the dog. Some of these restrictions are nuts to say the least. Razz Rolling Eyes

Apparently the Founding Fathers forgot to put the part in the Constitution where it says the Main Stream Media have the automatic right to declare the Democratic Candidate the Winner.

I think if you take away the bogus 290 from Biden the reality of it it's an even closer race than the MSM has been saying. Right now I suspect the actual totals are some where around Biden 234 and
    Trump somewhere between 224 & 229. So in reality Biden only leads Trump currently by 5-10 electoral votes. If Trump's lawyers can prevail in their lawsuits and he can flip Pennsylvania then he would win re-election. Though even some on the Right are unfortunately saying it doesn't look like it's possible now.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/23/2020, 4:14 pm

RWBY Season 7 and Eureka 7 pt. 2 came today. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just a few more to get before calling quits on collecting. Shouldn't be too gluttonus or greedy when it comes to collecting anime. Need to sit back and relax and enjoy.

Recent poll has 52% of voters wanting a Special Counsel to investigate corruption allegations against
    Biden; what makes even more serious is that 32% of Democrats want the special counsel. Even more
    serious is the fact that a great deal of people who voted for Biden say that they would've voted for Trump instead if they had known about the allegations concerning Biden and his son Hunter. Enough to flip the election to Trump.

Snowed over night but looks to be slowly warming up.

Re-reading Fire Lord Parke Godwin's novel about King Arthur. He also wrote one about Robin Hood called Sherwood good reading.

We shouldn't forget about our heritage. It's important to keep these stories alive for future generations. I think that's one thing the Japanese do so well with anime and manga, they dig deep into their own heritage with its legends, myths and folklore. I think we need to do the same with ours, and not neglect it the way some have; it's part of what makes us who we are.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/25/2020, 2:03 pm

Re-watched Balance of Terror on ST and The Masterpiece Society on STNG
    yesterday night on H & I network. Balance of Terror is now probably most famous for Mark
    Lenard's first appearance on ST before his better known role as Sarek.

Rain and the snow is mostly melted now.

Biden should be called mostly elected the way Westley was called mostly dead. Or as the Sicilian would've had said: " Inconceivable!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Followed by of course Inigo's : "I think that word doesn't mean what you think it does."

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/27/2020, 1:48 pm

Trying to get the extra DVD player working. I think I have the cables in the wrong spot.
    As you know not a tech geek. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

So it looks like I'm genetically connected to the Norse settlers of Greenland.

Weather looks like it is settling down for now but still cold.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/30/2020, 4:37 pm

Welp, it was indeed the case of putting the cables in the wrong spots. It's working now.

Watching it snow again.

A lot of hype about the economy now...the bad kind...I think if I were Biden I would concede to Trump now...just 'cause Biden will be blamed for the bad outcome if things go south economically after January.

Though I still do not accept Biden as the winner, especially not with bogus 290. You have to think that someone in the press bumped that number up to make Biden look better than what it actually was or is.

Let's face it the day of fair and honest elections is over; it's now all about whoever the MSM wants to be President, the American people have no longer any say in the actual process... Free Speech is pretty much dead post-Trump.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/2/2020, 3:00 pm

Even many Democrats are questioning the fairness and honesty of the elections.

Decided that next year the anime I need to re-watch include:

1.Celestial Method
    2.Suzuka
    3.Arpeggio of Blue Steel
    4.Whisper of the Pleaides
    5.School Live
    6.Akame Ga Kill

But we shall see...

So far College football has been weird this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 9:34 pm