Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4193
    Imperial Credits : 17865
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 27 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 8/14/2020, 3:24 pm

I'll try again on Wednesday with Discord.

Re-read The World of Kryptonyesterday.Nice '80s take on Superman's planet of origin.
    But how long is the Kryptonian year and how many months does it have? Some of the months seem rather long like 72 days compared to Earth months.

MARVEL'S Agents of SHIELD ended its seven year run on Wednesday night. The only things I hated were no Ward and Coulson and May didn't wind up together. Otherwise not a bad ending.

So next Wednesday I can watch Banner of the Stars earlier.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/17/2020, 3:09 pm

Saw a bit of the Caps/Islanders game on USA yesterday. Also watched Avengers: The Age of Ultron.

DC is having their own fan con over the internet called DC FANDOME. It's rather an interesting way of getting by all the problems with COVID-19.

It looks like for now that having Internet cons is going to be the wave of the future.

Interesting thing about K'ON! season 1: the Yui's seiyuu sings the opening while Mio's sings the closing theme. I love Mio's seiyuu's voice it's a nice alto.

Getting around 100 here. Hot for here.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/19/2020, 12:48 pm

Thanks Almael for the help at Discord. Now that things are straightened out there I should be going there at least once a week on Wednesdays.

My cousin's former son-in-law bought our pickup yesterday so we should have a lot more space in our garage for now.

Thinking of watching Hogan's Heroes on Metv Wed. nights at 10 now that Marvel's Agent sof SHIELD is finished for good.

The DNC convention seems to be a bust as people are either bored watching it or else not paying any attention to it at all. Hope the GOP does better.

From what I read at Townhall Dr. Jill Biden had the best speech so far; maybe the Dems should chuck her husband and nominate her and Tulsi Gabbard instead.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/21/2020, 3:08 pm

Dropped by Discord first but no-one seemed to be on. Must be one of those days.

Check back on Monday then.

The whole Dem convention seemed one long WTF moment. And seriously they had Clinton lecture Trump on the proper use of the Oval Office? Talk about being both tone deaf and completely un-self aware.
    Kinda like having Henry VIII hand out marital advice.

I have a feeling that DC Fandome is going do better. At least the comics industry knows how to hold conventions.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/24/2020, 3:16 pm

The Russian pranksters hit Kamala Harris this weekend.

President Trump's younger brother Robert died and they had his funeral and memorial service in the White House.

Picked up at Friends of the Library sale Saturday: Tales of Edgar Allen Poe, What Is My Cat Thinking?, Baa Baa Black Sheep S1 two set DVD, three CD set of Classical Guitar music.

It seems to be going to be a weekly thing for now.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/26/2020, 1:04 pm

Switched from Elektra to Asuka for avvie.

Was going to order Season 2 of Haruka Nogizaka's Secret today but Rioghtstuf was temporarily out so guess I'll wait. If it isn't available next time I check I think I'll go with Kare Kano.

So you can't have hay rides or other fun stuff if you own a agri-tourist business now in Washington State, because of the virus.

At least they haven't banned going out doors altogether yet.

Saw part of First Lady Melania Trump's speech. Sounded pretty good.

Twins are for now at the top of the AL Central and Mariners have hopped over the "Strangers" and Angels to third in the AL West.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/28/2020, 12:50 pm

Trying to activate my new debit card. It's not as easy as in the past it seems. A lot of information.

Different security number as well.

SJWs are ruining sports. Why can't we have games without a lot of politics involved? Y'know this entirely weird concept of having sports just for the fun of having sports. Like they did when we were growing up.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/31/2020, 3:32 pm

Saturday our church had a yard sale to help pay for needed work on the drive way. I ended up buying two DVDs and a BD.
    The DVDs were: X2:Xmen United and the live action Daredevil the BD was the live action
    Green Lantern movie.
    Yeah, I know not exactly Oscar winning caliber here but do movies have to always be top quality to be enjoyed?

We're having our dryer worked on so hopefully it'll get done tommorrow or some time this week.

Got my new debit card and had to go to the bank to get it activated because of problems trying to activate it over the phone. I miss the days when all you had to do was go to the bank and stick it into the ATM and it automatically activated itself.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/2/2020, 12:58 pm

Handyman came today to work on our dryer and also install a new light in our kitchen.

Twins came from behind to win 3-2 against the White Sox yesterday. Keep it up! cheers

Mariners/As canceled because of COVID 19 results from a couple of players on the As traveling team.

Kenosha might end up being the turning or tipping point in the election one way or another.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/4/2020, 4:16 pm

Labor Day coming up on Monday.

Got my haircut today.

Twitchy had a good point about Jacob Blake:everyone's talking about him and treating him like a victim but nobody's talking about the real victim, his former girlfriend who he assaulted.

So Pelosi could've got her haircut in DC where it's actually legal but had to be Nancy Pelosi and get it done in San Francisco where it's illegal.
    Where's Nash Bridges when you need him? (Just because it be fun to see him call her "Bubba-ette"! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/7/2020, 4:23 pm

Our power was off for an hour and a half today and we just got the internet and telephone back on.

Going to check on season 2 of Haruak Nogizaka's Secret Wednesday on Rightstuf and if not yet available go with Kare Kano.

The dude in Portland who lit his feet on fire accidentally was probably trying hard to win a place in this year's Darwin Awards.

The again too many people these days seem to be working hard to get a spot on the Darwin Awards.

Saw most of the Stars vs. Golden Knights game yesterday on NBC. Didn't look good for Vegas.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/9/2020, 12:46 pm

Welp I guess I learned my lesson that when I get a new debit card I have to switch cards before ordering online. Actually I had to go to the bank to get it activated. As I have said before I really miss the times when all you need do to activate a new card was use it at the ATM machine.

One of the side effects of no fans in the stadiums for sports is unfortunately the umps can hear everything that's being said at MLB games. Unfortunate for the GM of the Nats as the head umpire through him out of the Nats/Braves game because of what he said.

I found something from Emerson that fits the times:
    "The spirit or our American radicalism is destructive and aimless: it is not loving; it has
    no ulterior and divine ends, but is destructive only out of hatred and selfishness. On the
    other side, the conservative party, composed of the most moderate, able and cultivated
    part of the population, is timid, and merely defensive of property."

Pretty much sums the times up.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/11/2020, 3:32 pm

So Joe Biden basically blew an interview with Jake Tapper on Dem. friendly CNN. Rolling Eyes

Ouch....that gotta hurt!

Fans in the stands weren't impressed by the whole NFL going Woke thing when it came time for the Chiefs vs. Texans game.

BTW:First weekend of actual NFL football and believe it or not the Vikes first opponent is those people from Green Bay.

We got one of those scam calls yesterday. Instead of the IRS they were claiming to be from Social Security.

And so it goes with these con artists.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/14/2020, 3:12 pm

I think I will temporarily ban myself from Discord, at least for this week because of the incident with the link at Astronerdboy's blog. I know I should have contacted him about it but I needed to vent too. For that reason I'm going to ban myself from Discord until it works itself out of my system, so say for this week.

We're getting a lot of smoke from the fires in central Washington over our way now. People are being told to stay inside. Though you do see people walking around outside still. Some of it can't be helped, especially when you need to get to the PO and other important places and you don't drive.

Watching the Rams/Cowboys game and they talked about California having the same problem. The riots aren't really helping matters either.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/16/2020, 1:04 pm

Mariners and Giants were called off because of bad air quality as a result of all the forest fires.

The actual news is getting weirder than what either The Onion or The Babylon Bee can make up on their own.

Biden said if elected it would be the "Harris-Biden" administration and Harris talked about the "Harris Administration". Didn't anyone tell them you don't say the Quiet Part out loud?

I think Black Lives Matter out lived its usefulness when they were blockading a hospital in LA and chanting they hoped the Sheriff's Deputies who were shot would die. Not cool.

Minneapolis has now seen an uptick in crime since they decided to defund and abolish the police. scratch scratch scratch scratch
    Gee wonder what could be the cause of all that.

Also Black police chiefs across the country are resigning because of negative reaction from the Left.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/18/2020, 2:24 pm

Went to the bank to day and found out everything was ok as far as my order goes; it was the first time I tried to order and goofed that was the problem and the clerk there told me I didn't do anything wrong. : cheers

Our computer is supposed to be picked up and looked up later today so don't know how long it will take to fix the front.

Read up on why getting Finnish is more accurate than German. Turns out because Finns are one of the more isolated groups in Europe.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/21/2020, 3:15 pm

Our problem with the computer turned out to be that there's two modes: computer and tablet, some how it got switched from computer to tablet.

Our church is starting on repairing the drive way and side walk this week.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 9/21/2020, 4:57 pm

Waiting for you to return.
    Yeah, I had trouble with tablets, too. They still aren't matured yet when it comes down to certain situations.

We had got some heated discussions lately (SCOTUS, COVID)
    It seems to me people are less concerned about SCOTUS now than last time yet imho this is the most important issue of the (half) century. *sighs*

This might interest you
    https://www.inverse.com/science/viking-dna-study

On other news, Germany and EU for that matter are going into lockdown again soonish. Although, last week it was said to take another 6-9 weeks to become critical. It already is for some cities. I'm in a higher risk region so not so happy. *sighs*

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/23/2020, 1:12 pm

Nothing in that article really that doesn't already match with history. Viking itself is a verb and not a noun as most people think. And it does make sense that there be some non-Viking DNA in suspected Viking graves since they did travel as far as the Mid-East.
    Also the Celts of Ireland had names to distinguish the various Vikings.for example the Danes were Dark or Black because of their hair color while the Norse were White again because of their hair coloration.

It might help to explain where some of my unexpected Balkan DNA may have come from though.

For now it looks like the Senate is a lock to confirm the new SCOTUS nominee. It's pretty certain that it'll be a woman and a Catholic since the top two on the President's list are Catholic and women.

Lock downs can't go on forever there will come a time when people are going to want to get back to a form of normality no matter who is President. Basically so many people are ignoring the guidelines now that lock downs probably no longer matter in any case.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/25/2020, 12:48 pm

So reporter for the New York Times wrote an entire story based on a piece she found in the Babylon Bee obviously without understanding it's SATIRE! lol!

Actual MLB playoffs are now starting.

White House Press Secretary McEnany really owns the mind of "that reporter from Playboy" now, as he's become obsessed with her calling him that.

Are we sure we aren't in some SNL skit now? scratch
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/28/2020, 3:34 pm

Re-reading Custer and the Battle of the Little Bighorn a well written pictorial biography of Custer.
    Easy reading, though some historical errors: 1856 and not 1860 was the first Presidential election with a Republican candidate; 1860 was the first time a Republican won.

I think apathy is more to be worried about then Covid-19 right now.

So far the Vikings are perfect; 0-3...hopefully thinks look up soon. They only lost by 1 to Tennessee yesterday so that's an improvement in the right direction.

Biden's ads seem to be indicating the Dems are overly desperate as the polls keep showing the race being too close to call in many areas.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/30/2020, 3:41 pm

Got my new Family Origins 3.0 from FamilyTreeDNA. Interesting enough the most significant change has been that I now have 2% from the Balkans and Greece. This result seems to be not only much better but also much more accurate and the Balkan results seems to agree with other results I've seen from other companies.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/2/2020, 3:37 pm

My full results on the updated FTDNA MyOrigins:

47% Great Britain

25% Ireland

14% Central Europe

12% Scandinavia

2% Greece and Balkans

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/5/2020, 3:09 pm

I think for now I will limit my visits to Discord to Wednesday as I have more time on the computer usually on Wednesdays.

Here's an interesting sports question: Would you rather be a fan of a team that makes it regularly to the playoffs but looses in the first round or of a team that never makes it to the playoffs at all but has a good regular season record?

Yesterday while going to church as I was rounding the corner just before getting there I realized I forgot my mask. Fortunately they have extras. This is an example of why I detest and hate mandates so much: not only are they one size fits all but they never take into account the human factor.
    People shouldn't be punished for being forgetful or for loosing or misplacing things; it's not a crime, but there are some people who would turn it into one worse than even murder if they could.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/7/2020, 12:43 pm

More Covid-19 cases where I live. Not too strange consider how many people either pass through the county on a regular basis or work or live out of county.

Basically people need to get used to the fact that Covid-19 is here to stay. Pandemics and epidemics operate in cycles. Some times the number of cases of infection go up and some times they go down.

What I hate though is the "We're-All-Gonna-Die!" attitude, as I think I mentioned before. Just live your lives as normally as possible and don't worry. Everyone will die some day or other so why make things worse by concentrating on something like Covid-19? You're more likely to get killed by a drunk driver than you are from Covid-19.

I'm not saying we should take a cavalier attitude toward it, just that we need to keep things in perspective. If you test positive do self-quarantine for the recommended time period, but otherwise
    don't be so obsessed by it that it runs your life.

In the end the best way to get through this is proper diet,exercise a good hygiene routine that includes proper dental hygiene and if you're religious and believe in God pray and trust that your life no matter what is in good hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 11:44 am