Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17933
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 34 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 3/11/2022, 3:32 pm

MLB is going to start later because they finally just came to an agreement between owners and players.

At least they came up with an agreement, maybe they should send the negotiators to Russia to try to make one between Russia and Ukraine while they're at it; it probably be more successful than the negotiators they have working now.

Kammie Harris continues to embarrass America with her stupidity. "I'm standing here..."
    And then again the whole Biden non-Administration trying to make everything about Putin now...

It's still chilly here. It says it's 40 above but cold.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/14/2022, 3:32 pm

The whole " Let's cancel everyone and everything that's Russian or remotely associated with Russia" is, I think going to get worse. If there's anything we should have learned from WWII it's that we should never ever punish a people because of their religious or ethnic associations.

I got my birthday present from my sister in Alaska today. Have to wait until Thursday to see what it is.

I've been sorting my anime collection according to alphabetical order so if and when I get the rest of my collection into DVD cases I can re-sort them in order.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/16/2022, 12:34 pm

I worry that with the current conditions of the world we could be preparing for the coming rise of the Anti-Christ and False Prophet. It seems that our world is in the position where anyone with a reasonable sounding plan could simply come in and lure the world into a false sense of security that his leadership is what would solve all the world's problems.
    Add that to a savvy religious leader supporting him and people willing to listen and be led...
    As we've already seen even Americans will not question mandates but will turn on their fellows if they perceive that there is even the tiniest remote possibility of even made up danger to themselves.

Then again the current state of the world makes me pessimistic for the future right now. So that's why I can see us going from mandates to wear masks and get vaccinated for a virus that is around
    99% survivable even without masks and vaccines to the point where 666 could be mandated to be put on people's right hands or foreheads.

Then again I probably am overstating the current situation.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/18/2022, 12:56 pm

Yeah, I can get rather paranoid at times, then again considering the times we live in...

I changed my avvie again and this time it's one of the ladies from the LOTR movie trilogy.

Since yesterday was my birthday I went and got some more comics to celebrate and came back with the following:

1.Lady Pendragon vol.3 #1
    2.Aquaman #54
    3.Aquaman Vol.11 #57
    4.Aquaman Vol.12 #60
    5.Legion of Super-Heroes vol.1 #4
    6.Thor Vol.1 #318
    7.Thor Vol.1 #320
    8.Avengers vol.1 #202
    9.Daredevil vol.1 #221
    10.Ironman Vol.1 #183
    11.Ironman Vol.1 #184
    12.Dr.Strange vol.1 #29
    13.Dr.Strange vol.1 #30
    14.Dr.Strange vol.1 #72
    15.Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #460
    16.Walt Disney's Comics & Stories #471

Comments: 1) The character of Jennifer Drake/Lady Pendragon is interesting. She's a Christian who struggles with her faith when she comes face to face with the new reality when Magick starts to replace Science and all the characters that she thought were myth like Merlin and Morgana turn out to be real. Actually it comes to the point where she doesn't know what she believes any more.

2)Both DC and Marvel were rather Awesome before their respective Managements (tm) start to go Woke.

3)The older I get the more I enjoy comics, cartoons,manga and anime. I think some of that has to do with the fact that I realize it's overly childish to harp on things when you can be enjoying.

4)I wanted to get another Moon Knightas well but forgot about it..oh!well...

5)The Disney comics I got as a way to refresh from reading all those Superhero comics so I don't get burn out.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19028
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 3/19/2022, 3:54 pm

Happy Birthday! cheers

Yeah, This is the new normal geopolitics for the next 50 years.
    Russia will become more like North Korea. At worse they might not only be more aligned with China but worse be subservant. That would put us not only closer to WWII but to the worse damage possible.

Anyhow, currently time works in Ukraine's favor but the outcome is not certain yet. Although, for a little while it seemed the Ukraine was making progress by going for a neutral solution (as expected). But seeing how russia is literally shipping more equipment through the Japan strait.... things don't seem to end any time soon. I mean I do expect Putin to buy time to get his hands on Odessa and consolidate territorial gains in order to keep them later.

Btw. I recommend you this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=beau+of+the+fifth+column

We both share the exact same view and mostly same opinion. Only our knowledge and experience differ. He more of a nerd than me seeing how he reads tons more on analysis. I do that as needed but mostly rely on my own experience and those first hand witnesses/acquaintances (like him).

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/21/2022, 12:52 pm

You mean WWIII. We already had WWII. Then I know how easy it is to make a typo when you happen to be in a hurry and your hand out races your mind.

Interesting enough the Donbass area was apparently only recently settled,recently being the 1860s.

I think a shorter war is in the Ukraine's best interest and a longer one in Russia's. The longer it goes the more likely we are of seeing Ukrainian forces ending up making retalitory strikes against Russian and Belarussian targets.

OTOH a longer war would mean more Russians revolting against the war and the Oligarchs.

Really at this point the American and Canadian governments are no different than the Russian.

Of course the stupidity of the whole anti-Russian movement may be even worse than the war since it targets innocent Russians including animals. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/23/2022, 12:52 pm

My order for vol. 2 of the official RWBY manga and S 8 of the anime has just been sent. I wonder if they ran out fast or if this is another result of the supply chain to do caused by a severe case of
    Bidencomy.

In Los Angeles they are already at $6 a gallon for gas.

I think that most of the people running the country don't realize that a lot of people do not live in big cities and other urban areas and so do not have easy access to alternative forms of transportation.
    Add to that the fact that Winter weather and unexpected Spring and Summer rains can make travel impossible or near so.
    Than again they seem to be also ignorant of the basic facts of farming and ranching, that gas and oil are important not only for tractors and pick ups but also for fertilizer,etc.
    I guess they must believe that food grows some how magically.
    I guess that is another sign we are officially a Plutocracy and neither a Republic, Democracy or Oligarchy.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/25/2022, 12:59 pm

We now no longer have Roots Sports, instead we have a local sports network that broadcasts misc. sports along with local high school and college games.

Random Thought - Page 34 1f62b

I miscopied the USPS code for my order from Right Stuf. I inadverntly put the same string of numbers down twice so the first time I checked it didn't have anything on it. After going back and checking again, I crossed out the portion that was a repeat and tried again. It worked this time. I should be able to get my package on Wednesday.

My theory is that team RWBY will turn out to be the new Four Seasons Maidens. Or at least that is the way it looks so far. If so then obviously Weiss is the Maiden of Winter, Ruby Summer, Blake Fall and
    Yang Spring. At least that is the way I see it.
    I'm probably wrong. Then again there's what? Two more Seasons/Volumes to go?

Depression Joe is predicting a harsh cold Spring with Famine or at least less food for everyone.
    Also he thinks he can beat President Trump in a fair election.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/28/2022, 3:21 pm

Re-reading the Vampire Hunter D novel The Stuff Of Dreams. Very surreal as D finds himself in a dream within a dream situation.

So could everything that's been happening in Ukraine for the past eight years be because of one word:
    COAL?
    If so it would explain more than enough of what's happening and why Kiev doesn't want the Donbass region from declaring itself independent of the rest of the Ukraine.
    Just a theory, might be wrong.

It is finally getting to feel more and more Springish around here, though it still is a bit nippy in the morning.

The American Men's Soccer team had a premature celebration after their last win...though it wasn't their fault, someone gave them the wrong banner.Fortunately they got the right banner which was thanking the fans for their support; the wrong one was celebrating getting into the World Cup.

I hate to ask this but will Biden even be alive in 2024? It seems like everything is predicated that he will be, though considering his mental condition...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/30/2022, 12:46 pm

Episode 2 of Actually I Am is one of the funniest anime episodes of all time. What with Nagisa's revelation that she's a Lilliputian sized alien and the reactions of Asahi and Youko... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    I think Nagisa's been reading too much manga though if she thinks bonking Asahi on the head with a hammer is going to make him loose his memory.
    Though my favorite scene has to be when they're in the classroom and both girls are sitting with their hands around their knees facing the blackboard and Asahi comments on them being a depressed alien and vampire.

AFAIG with the whole Chris Rock/Will Smith thing:
    I think too many people have been focusing on Smith's reaction to the joke and enough about whether or not Rock had the right to tell it in the first place. I looked up Alopecia and it's not a funny thing to joke about as hair falls off in clumps.It's a auto-immune disease and there's no cure.
    That said Smith did apologize, but his reaction was understandable.
    Also Denzel Washington talked to him about it. Denzel Washington is turning out to be one of the most mature celebrities around(and I'm not just talking about his age).What I admire about him is he is willing to stand up about and talk about his Christian faith in a industry where being either an outspoken Christian or outspoken Conservative is sometimes deemed a career ender.

Now if we had that kind of maturity in politics these days...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/1/2022, 12:28 pm

TBS has a new cooking contest series on Thursday nights at 9 pm Eastern and Pacific called:
    Rat In The Kitchen. Every week six chefs complete as a team to win money, but the catch is one of the chefs is trying to sabotage the others.
    If at the end of the episode the team correctly guesses who the Rat is they win the money; IF OTOH, the Rat is successful and the team guesses wrong he or she gets to keep whatever money they've earned through sabotage.
    Yesterday was the premiere and the Rat won, mainly because it turned out to be the one contestant no-one ever suspected and he did everything in such a subtle way that no-one would have guessed.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/4/2022, 12:46 pm

Rain today.

I think there are other ways to show that you disagree with the current direction of the Walt Disney Co., other than boycotting.

Let's face it the more "The Agenda" (tm) drives out real story telling the more unwatchable things will get and the more the ratings will tank. Then again Disney isn't the only place where Agenda is usurping the place of quality story telling; so even if you can make Disney family friendly again there's still a whole lot of "agenda" driven Hollywood out there to combat.

Of course the real problem is the people who are driving the agenda don't really care about content or story telling as long as their precious little "agenda" is carried out. The funny thing is if this were about Christians trying to subtly put Christian content into cartoons or live action series the people who are now crowing about how they're secretly putting LGBT+ content in Disney would be the first to protest about " separation of Church and State" and how such an agenda was "bad" for Disney.
    In other words the Agenda is being run by Hypocrites.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/6/2022, 1:02 pm

I keep forgetting that BD players can play scratched discs that DVD players can't, which is why I was so surprised and delighted when my PSME fansub played without any troubles. Then again even the second disc of K'ONthat I had to replace because it was scratched from the factory still only had only about 20 seconds or so where it was really bad.
    I suppose if I had tried it on a DVD player it wouldn't have played at all.

Gov. Inslee has decided he doesn't want any new gas cars after 2030, so he's banning them. I suppose that old gas cars are ok then as he didn't say anything about them. Then again a new gas car would be cheaper than a new electric car so some more of Elitist wanting their way whilst us peasants have to make do.

Wonder when people are going to realize we don't have to obey Government when the laws and rules they make up are nonsensical.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/8/2022, 12:36 pm

So far on TBS' new cooking competition Rat in the Kitchen: Rat 2- Team 0. I think it might have been a bit obvious when the guy who turned out to be the Rat deliberately dropped a pan in the oven. I mean the guy did say at the start that he was a physical trainer, so you would think he wasn't going to be a klutz like that. But the other contests were too focused on one or other of the women competitors.
    Four of them were so certain it was the one gal that they were probably too oblivious to what was going on.

Tonight I re-watch the Cutie Honey live action movie, or in other things the movie that made bubble wrap sexy! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think that the Biden people really would love a war with Russia just so it would get people from noticing the crappy condition they've put the country into the last year and a half.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/11/2022, 3:28 pm

Windy today and yesterday. Had to walk back to the PO after getting home because I found a piece of mail that didn't belong to us and was put into our box by mistake.

I'm wondering when they're going to cancel Ensign Chekov now that they're canceling everyone and everything Russian.

I was wrong before about the bubble wrap: Honey uses garbage bags when she realizes she's unable to transform and doesn't have any clothes to wear.

Still thinking about getting the live action tv series.

Disney should get out of politics and stick to what it does best: family centered entertainment.
    Ironically Walt Disney himself was known to be on the Conservative side.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/13/2022, 12:42 pm

I think we need to be a bit leary of anti-ethanol propaganda as much of it seems to come from the Big Oil and Gas companies that don't want the competition.
    I'm not saying there aren't some truths that are pointed out but that before people believe everything
    they ought to check out the source.

That said Biden's hopping on the ethanol band wagon is too little too late. Actually we should have developed alternatives to gas and oil for fuel sources long before now, but as I said above the Big Oil and Gas companies don't want the competition.

Watched the classic John Wayne Western Stagecoach on Turner Classic yesterday night. It also featured Andy Devine and John Carradine and was directed by the great John Ford.
    The movie they showed before it was the Harold Lloyd silent classic Safety Last, this was the silent with the iconic scene where Lloyd is hanging on for dear life on to a clock on the side of a building.

Walt and Roy Disney are probably shaking their heads at the way their descendants are running the company they founded.

As I pointed out before Walt Disney was pretty conservative.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/15/2022, 12:44 pm

It snowed today.

So Blue States have started to ban any gas powered vehicle made 2030 and later from being sold.
    Good luck with that,especially since people in Blue States who live in areas that border Red States are going to just cross State Lines to get the latest gas powered model vehicles.Also it doesn't say anything about oldergas powered models.

Gov. Abbot of Texas is doing what "President" Joey is supposed to be doing: make the border safe.
    So far he's made deals with the governors of two Mexican States that border Texas to tighten up border control on their side.

Right now it doesn't matter who wins or looses the war in Ukraine as the big losers continue to be the Ukrainian people.

The Team finally scored a win on yesterday's ep. of Rat in the Kitchen so the tally stands at
    Rat 2 and Team 1.

I should have mentioned I'm watching the dub of Ai Yori Aoshi.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/18/2022, 12:28 pm

Since like Melty Lancer I only have the first three episodes of Gatekeepers 21 next Sunday I will start S8 of RWBY.

Still cold and windy here.

I think we may be in for a cold Summer as well.

Keep thinking of how Ragnarok is supposed to start when there's a year with two Winters and no Spring. The moment I start seeing eight legged horses is the moment to start worrying!

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/20/2022, 12:47 pm

Tenchi Muyo turns 30 this year! Random Thought - Page 34 1f60a

Though the thought that are sweet little Sasami is now 740 is a bit of a shocker! Random Thought - Page 34 1f632

Clear and warm today. Spent forty minutes outside doing the raking. The first time since the weather
    changed to windy and rain and snow, but now it's warming up and clearing up; although they say more rain is in the future.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/22/2022, 2:49 pm

My sister from Alaska is here and we've been doing some cleaning around the house.

Rat in the Kitchen now stands at Rat 3 and Team 1. Chef Ludo loves to confuse the contestants by showing how to do something while he speaks French! Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz

Looks to be warmer today.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/25/2022, 2:11 pm

Went to a book sale in town and got the following titles:

1.Brothers And Friends: The Diaries of Major Warren Hamilton Lewis ed. by Clyde S. Kilby and
    Marjorie Lamp Mead

2.La Belle France, A Short History by Alistair Horne

3.Agincourt: The King, The Campaign, The Battle by Juliet Barker

4.Washington's God by Michael and Jana Novak

5.The First Rumpole Omnibus by John Mortimer

6.Jeb Stuart: The Last Cavalier by Burke Davis

7.Elizabeth: A Study In Power & Intellect by Paul Johnson

8.The Spanish Armada: The Great Enterprise Against England, 1588 by Angus Konstam

All but the Rumpole one are either history or biography, so you can say I geeked out on history. Surprisingly despite the titles all of the history and biography I bought are very readable. I got the biography of Stuart because I have already a couple other books that Burke Davis wrote: one about
    President Jackson and the other about the final days and aftermath of the Civil War. He's basically the Southern version of Bruce Catton but maybe a bit better.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/27/2022, 12:38 pm

Reading Brothers And Friends now. It's always interesting to get a more intimate look at someone famous like CS Lewis.

Since my sister has been here we've been busy cleaning house and pulling down the fence to one of our gardens. Now that it's down the deer will be happy.

The next thing is to get rid of the compost pile.

Both the Left and the Right are wrong about limiting the age of politicians. It's not about age but rather whether or not a politician is able and capable of doing their job. IIRC Moses was in his 80s when God called him to lead Israel out of Egypt, so it wasn't about age but about his willingness to lead.

Also I think both Feinstein and Biden have dementia or in her case rumor of dementia so that could be a factor.
    I think what we need is definite term limits and not age limits.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/29/2022, 12:45 pm

It now stands at Rat 4 and Team 1 for Rat in the Kitchen, this time everyone was focused on a contestant who claimed to be a part time botanist and not a cook because he didn't know how to do certain things. It's always easy to tune in on the one contestant that seems out of place or acts suspicious when so far it's just the opposite: mainly it has been the quieter ones.

The reveals are always fun when you get to see the faces of the contestants and they realize they were wrong.
    Though I hope we will see more episodes where the team out wits the Rat and wins.

TNT is into playoffs for the NBA Championships and starting on the 5th or 9th the Stanley Cup,while TBS has MLB.

I'm also watching USFL football. Hopefully this time it works.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19028
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 4/30/2022, 2:59 pm

The war is not going well for russia. Actually, there's nearly no difference from before. To summarize so far.
    As predicted russian loses hit about the 10% mark after the first month resulting overall troop mission-kill of about 40-50%. Putin was realist enough to order a retreat etc. And NATO jumped in with full support as predicted.
    Congrats!
    And as expected the current goal is to push out the russians altogether. No compromise. Hence, there won't really be peace talks before that.
    Putin and co realized with they couldn't achieve their goal for 9th May as is and started thinking about nukes (rather than gas as predicted). I believe this is very much real. More than ever since the war started. I believe this was the reason he wanted to widen the war to Transnistria in order to justify the use of nukes to his people. Anyhow it failed and he fumed on thuesday. Russian aircrafts also probed NATO defenses. Meanwhile, NATO nuclear subs met in Scotland as a show of force. It's not over.
    Anyhow, currently russian forces hardly made any progress. Before I expected the Ukraine to try to cut their supply lines (they are trying) but it can't be done if they don't move. If nothing changes in a month the Ukraine will deploy the new NATO heavy weapons. So I expect them to start pushing the russians out. If things go well maybe two months will do. Not certain about Crimea, but with NATO support it's within possibility. (Not necessary in NATO interest)
    In the first month damage in the Ukraine amounted to more than 1 trillion. Janes said last month this year's global spending has reached 2 trillion. My prediction for the war is around 5-6 Trillion total.
    Meanwhile despite all the sanctions and blackmail, tankers went dark and kept supplying through middleman tankers. Also people opened accounts with Gazprom directly to pay russia. The big economic issue is coming up soon, too. (Russian oligarchs are dying mysteriously, too.)
    That said lets hope the war ends soonish in August without nukes. Otherwise it either could go on for years or worse.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/487121863240187915/969948713999040542/ukraine_war202204292000GMT-crop2.png

Things are wild.
    In the computer world as well. It appears AMD will dominate the scene more than I expected with their coming Zen4, Zen5, Zen6, RDNA3, RDNA4. This second round is more intense than I expected two years ago. And this will go on for at least 3 more years. The competition turned out great for us consumers. So I'm excited even though I wished this happened ten years ago (as should have been). That said if you need a new computer any one of these is good. If you can't wait don't bother holding things up because everything is moving fast. It's not worth to wreck your nerves. I personally am eying Zen5 or (Meteor Lake/Luna Lake) because that generation comes with AI/ML (machine learning) which is key for future applications. So you can't get wrong having them for future proofness. Besides cost of new DDR5 RAM should become affordable at that time, too.

Last edited by Almael on 5/3/2022, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : video tag)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 5/2/2022, 3:28 pm

The Russians are saying what has happened before was merely a feint, the real purpose was to, they say, keep the Ukrainians busy while they (the Russians) go into Donbass to help their client Republics there, or so they say now.

I still don't see why we should bother with Ukraine, after all we didn't bother when the Soviets invaded Hungary and later Czechoslovakia. Why should the Ukraine be any different?

It's interesting to note that despite government pressure the Christian Church in Iran is one of the fastest growing in the World today. Another group that has rapidly grown there is the Nones. I think it has to do with decades of Islamic Theocracy repressing the people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 4:55 pm