Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

5 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4201
    Imperial Credits : 17893
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 31 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 1/15/2020, 2:01 pm

Got my copy of Revolutionary Girl Utena:The Black Rose Saga in the mail yesterday.

What's your take on the new Madoka series? Do you think Aniplex has gone to the well one time too many with it or is it worthy of the franchise?

Wonder if we'll be getting the re-worked Seikai BD.

Monday re-watched episode 10 of Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Meiko loses one of her shikikami and asks Mikami and company for help; unfortunately the shikikami turns out to be Mokola who happens to be a shape shifter. Mikami, Tadao and Okinu all end up in embarrassing ,and in the case of Tadao dangerous situations.

Tuesday episode 6 of Himouto! Umaru-chan Taihei has the day off; Kirie, Taihei and Umaru play a video game version of the classic game: The Game of Life, Kirie fictional life sucks. Umaru's birthday and she gets presents from her classmates including a fish from Kirie. Taihei remembers at the last moment and Umaru finds him decorating their apartment when she gets home.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 31 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 1/17/2020, 2:06 pm

Wed. ep. 30 of KOR Kurumi falls for a popular athlete, but when everyone interferes she gets pissed. Then it turns out Madoka was trying to do both of them a favor by having him ask her out on a date before he leaves.

Th. episode 1 of Those Who Hunt Elves the Elf Hunters are in a village that is being attacked by pirates and lend an hand to defeat the pirates, but then when Junpei asks the local elf to strip...
    I don't know which I like better right now Ritsuko or Airi. Airi's pretty calm and cool and collected and definitely the brains of the outfit but Ritsuko is just so durn adorable with her firearms that she ought to be the NRA poster girl! Cool Cool Cool
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/20/2020, 1:50 pm

Fri. ep. 5 of Omamori Himari Kuesu intro. After Himari gets jealous when she finds Shizuku and the other girls trying to "help" Yuuto develop his Light Fairy ability she goes into full cat-girl mode and refuses to talk to him for a full week. Later after they make up and are heading home from shopping they encounter Kuesu who attacks Himari.

Sat. ep. 7 & OVA 3 of Ikki-tousen: Dragon Destiny Nanyo is attacked by the same girl who ambushed Ryomou when she was looking for the Dragon Jade; Kenyu and her friends are ambushed while at a festival and Kenyu is forced to surrender.
    The OVA has Goei make the girls cosplay and in-joke about Goei ( Inoue Kikou) being "only 17"... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sun. ep. 7& 8 of Season 6 of RWBY Team RWBY, Oscar and Qrow learn that the old lady is the legendary Huntress: The Grimm Reaper; they get to Argus only to discover the way to Atlas is blocked by the military; Oscar runs off.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/22/2020, 2:16 pm

Monday watched the raw of episode 4 of Fushigi Yugi Decided to re-watch what I have of it subbed following my re-watch of Himouto! Umaru-chan dubbed.

And speaking of which,Tuesday episode 7 of Himouto! Umaru-chan, Taihei episode. Nana takes Taihei and Umaru out to dinner to thank them for inviting her out; Umaru and Slyph find an old candy store; Kirie's brother comes over.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/24/2020, 4:11 pm

Wed. ep.31 of KOR When a rumor starts that Madoka and Yusuuka are a couple Kyousuke gets worried and then when they go to a tourist attraction that is popular with young suicides he races there to stop them. It turns out though that Yusuuka wanted Madoka to help him prep for the coming martial arts tournament; but when he sees Hikaru glomping Kyousuke he looses the match.

Th. ep.2 of Those Who Hunt Elves Celcia turns herself into a dog to spy on the Elf Hunters; when they find the first part of the spell she finds out she can't turn herself back to normal and has to accompany the Hunters.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/27/2020, 2:07 pm

Friday episode 6 of Omamori Himari, Shizuku vs Kuesu; when Himari sees Kuesu kiss Yuuto she gets jealous and determines to get a kiss from him as well. Afterwards when Rinko shows up to give Yuuto his supper she is surprised to find an overly affectionate Himari.

Saturday episode 8 and OVA 4 of Ikki-tousen: Dragon Destiny Kenyu surrenders freeing her friends and is taken to reveal what she knows of the Dragon Jade; Hakufu arrives and fights a brain washed Kenyu and appears to die later.
    The OVA was more Goei perverted sillinesss as she makes the girl do a striptease version of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Sunday episodes 9 And 10 of Season 6 of RWBY Oscar returns telling the others he had to think things over; Jaune has an unexpected encounter at Pirrha's statue. Later the gang comes up with a plan to steal an aircraft but it goes south when Blake is ambushed by Adam.

I also found pictures of the cast on Google and Arryn Zech (Sp?) really does look like Blake except with tats instead of cat ears. Also Lindsay Jones = another red head! Cool Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/29/2020, 2:01 pm

Monday ep. 17 of Kaleido Star, when Sora finds herself along with Ken, Jerry (aka Mr. Policeman) and Kate unwittingly held hostage by a bank robber, she puts on the performance of her life; Jerry proposes to Kate who accepts.

Tuesday ep. 8 of Himouto! Umaru-chan Christmas and New Years with Umaru and the gang.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/31/2020, 2:06 pm

Wed. ep. 32 of KOR, Kyousuke's birthday and when everyone seems to forget it he winds up first self-hypnotizing again and then time slipping; but when the Kyousuke from the other time line unexpecting joins the party the surprise is on everyone else!

comment: I wonder if November was picked for Kyousuke and Hikaru's birthday because isn't that the actual birth month of the seiyuu who played Hikaru?

Th. ep.3 of Those Who Hunt Elves, An army of skeletons attacks the town the Elf Hunters are in and Junpei is at first mistaken for one of them; Airi makes a deal with the local Elf that if they beat back the skeletons that the Elf will voluntarily strip for them but if not then Airi will do the stripping.When a giant skeleton arrives Airi tricks the Elf into drinking a potion that turns her into a giantess and thus stripping unwittingly! Laughing Laughing Laughing

and this is why Airi is an Oscar winning actress...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/3/2020, 2:49 pm

Friday episode 7 of Omamori Himari Himari and Kuesu battle this time alone so they can't be interrupted and Himari is wounded by one of Kuesu' magic bullets barely making it back home.
    Shizuku, Liz and Rinko are shocked to learn of Kuesu and Yuuto's betrothal (although the former two have to look up what a betrothal is on the internet).

Saturday episode 1 of Ikki-tousen: Great Guardians Ken'u and the other girls from Seito are surprised to find their waitress and waiter at the Chinese restaurant turn out to be Hakufu and Koukin; Ken'u is pissed when her yuri daydreams of making out with Ryuubi are continuously interrupted and starts a fight with Hakufu. The fight is interrupted by the arrival of Chuubo who claims to be Hakufu's younger sister.
    Comment: Horie Yui plays Chuubo according to Wiki.

Sunday episodes 11 & 12 of Season 6 of RWBY while the rest of team RWBY and team JNPR face off against Cordovin in the mech, Blake and Yang fight Adam. Cordovin turns out to have been short sighted as the Grimm attack a near defenseless Argus.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/5/2020, 1:55 pm

Monday re-watched the Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth OVA. Really bittersweet story about a Bohemian musician who plays Japanese songs in honor of her French and Japanese grandparents who were separated because of prejudice.

Tuesday re-watched episode 9 of Himouto! Umaru-chan dubbed. Kirie's attempt to make Valentine's Day chocolates for Umaru; Umaru accuses her brother of eating her pudding; Slyph and Umaru at an anime store.

When done with it I am going to re-watch the sub of Fushigi Yugi.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19002
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 2/7/2020, 8:17 am

Haven't watched a lot recently.

Kyokou Suiri ep.2-4
    So it has become a mix of detective-, magical girl-like problem solving (no magic) and social interaction show.
    I like it, the art, the script and dialogues. Probably the only show now I feel like to keep following. I'm sure this is something for you, too, Mitsuki.

Mugen no Juunin - Immortal ep.15
    Honestly, I lost track cause I kind of already read the manga like over a decade ago. Interest is low now but it seems the show has just moved to parts unknown. Will try to track it.

As for the others, well, not really following but for some I'm just curious enough to have a look sometimes.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/7/2020, 4:13 pm

Ok, got it written down. Not too many anime these days grab my attention so thanks.

Wed.KOR ep. 33, the gang go Orienteering looking for wild mushrooms. Master tells everyone of a special mushroom that only grows once every tenth year and if you eat it you have to tell the truth. Hikaru wants to have Kyosouke eat one so she can hear him tell her how he really feels because of a dream. Kurumi is pissed at Hatta and creates a look alike. Ends up getting Kyosouke in trouble and he has to rescue Hikaru with Madoka's help.

Th. Those Who Hunt Elves ep. 4, Rapier is an Elf who is also an outlaw martial artist with a cursed number. Junpei challenges her but even when the girls find out the number is not part of the spell he still wants to fight her. Turns out her sensei cursed her with the number( she has to fight 1,000 opponents to get it removed) to teach her the true Path of Fists. She finally gets the message when she fights Junpei and the number vanishes.
    Next episode looks to be a Ritsuko centered one.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/10/2020, 5:42 pm

Friday episode 8 of Omamori Himar Yuuto goes to talk with Kuesu; Himari gets visit from a messenger demon specializing in weapons, Kuesu and Shizuku freak out over her delivery method.

Saturday episode 2 of Ikki-tousen: Great Guardians Chuubo is kidnapped as part of a plot to make Hakufu step down as Nanyo Academy leader; Royomou thinks she sees Saiji again but finds a comatose Rofou instead.

Sunday episode 13 and the Adam minisode of Season 6 of RWBY After finally defeating the Grimm with help Teams RWBY and JNPR arrive at Atlas.

Next Sunday episode 13 of Utena and the beginning of The Black Rose Saga arc.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/12/2020, 2:04 pm

On Monday I had Sailor Moon on my schedule to watch, so I decided to re-watch PGSM since it had been awhile since the last time I'd watched an episode of the live action series. I ended up watching episode 14. It was fun. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    This is the one where Kunzite is trying to turn Usagi into a Youma. Some foreshadowing in that Sailor Mercury uses water to create a sword to fight Kunzite with ,later on when she is temporarily turned into Dark Mercury she uses an Ice Sword for her weapon against the other Scouts.

Tuesday episode 10 of Himouto! Umaru-chan Umaru and her brother get colds. Umaru goes shopping. When she's rolling around on the floor she accidentally spills cola on the floor and it short circuits the computer, this leads to her first time at a Manga Café. The other girls get cameos. A look at ten years prior.

I also saw the first short, in it Taihei comes home to find he's taken a step into The Twilight Zone when he finds himself in an alternate dimension with not one but three Umarus! (poor guy)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/14/2020, 1:53 pm

KOR episode 34 on Wednesday: the gang goes to visit the Kasuga's maternal grandparents; grandpa tells them how their parents met; Jingoro gets swept away during a storm and Madoka almost drowns but Kyosuke saves her.

Thursday episode 5 of Those Who Hunt Elves: The Hunters enter a town haunted by a Cat spirit who possesses stuff toys animals.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/17/2020, 3:59 pm

Friday ep. 9 of Omamori Himari Ageha returns; Tama the Nine Tailed Fox appears and wants to start with Himari but is fortunately too full.

Saturday ep. 3 of Ikki-tousen, Great Guardians Everyone is puzzled by the sudden return from the dead of Ryofou who is also amnesiac; also some of Ryomou and Ryofou's back story is revealed.
    Note: Ryomou basically tells the mysterious fortune teller that she's an atheist.

Sunday ep. 13 of Utena a recap of Utena's fights from the perspective of Dios.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/19/2020, 1:48 pm

Ordered Girls Und Panzer Der Film and Rin-neSeason 2 just now from Rightstuf.
    I figured that Season 1 is pretty much what I have of the manga thus far and probably some that I don't have so decided to order the second season.

Monday I re-watched episode 2 of Matoi is it my imagination or does Shingo, Matoi's dad look a little like a certain Spike Spiegel? At least he has got to be one of the coolest dads in anime. Also Clarus makes her big debut in fighting the Night and of course Matoi is still clueless as to what she's supposed to do and also embarrassed about the whole Magic Girl uniform disappearing and leaving her butt naked when the fights are over thing.

Tuesday episode 11 of Himouto! Umaru-chan and now only the ending and off to what I have of Fushigi Yugi.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/21/2020, 2:04 pm

Wed. ep. 35 of KOR Kurumi hypnotizes Kyosouke and things go wrong when Hatta and Komatsu use him to do perverted stuff for them; but when they tell him to take nudes of Madoka everything back fires.
    Note:This is one of the few times when Manami actually uses the Power.

Th. ep. 6 of Those Who Hunt Elves Mistress Annette tries to use the Forbidden Spell to avenge all the female elves the Hunters have stripped only to find out that it's the summoning spell that brought them to their world in the first place!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/24/2020, 3:32 pm

Fri. ep. 10 of Omamori Himari Yuuto and the girls discuss what they can do about Tama's threat; Sasa fixes Himari's sword for her; Himari runs away to fight Tama on her own but Yuuto and the others stop her and remind her that they're a team now.

Sat. ep.4 of Ikki-tousen, Great Guardians Evil magic beads that show a person's true personality to others causes havoc; Kenyu wants to use them to find out how Ryuubi really feels about her but it doesn't work on her since Ryuubi is the type of person who really is what she appears on the surface.

Sun. ep. 14 of Utena the Black Rose conspiracy begins.
    Comment: When they find out that the challenger isn't a member of the Student Council but Anthy's future sister-in-law both Utena and Anthy are stunned; they're even more stunned when she tells them her goal is to defeat Utena and kill Anthy.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/26/2020, 2:24 pm

Finally checked out the live action GITS movie today. Will watch it either tomorrow or Friday night before either Those Who Hunt Elves or Omamori Himari.

Monday I re-watched episode 29 of Gundam Seed:Destiny basically a flashback of what has happened previously in both Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed:Destiny including the heart wrenching death of Flay.

Tuesday finished my re-watch of Himouto! Umaru-chan dubbed. The beach episode came at the end.

Also my latest order from Rightstuf came in today.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/28/2020, 4:27 pm

Watched the GITS live action movie yesterday and enjoyed it.
    I give it between an A and A- . Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Despite all the criticism Scarlett Johansen did a good job as the Major, though one of the weird aspects was since the Japanese actor who played Aramaki did all his lines in Japanese it felt a bit surreal when they had an exchange of dialog between him and the rest of the cast. Though rather good background story.

Wed. ep. 36 of KOR When Kyosouke accidentally uses the power in front of Hatta and Komatsu they try everything to catch him doing it again on film.

Th. ep.7 of Those Who Hunt Elves the gang find themselves in an old manor house "haunted" by Mandrake Elves.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/2/2020, 1:59 pm

Friday ep. 11 of Omamori Himari After another defeat at the hands of Tama, the gang heads off to Noihara again to see if the Amakawa archives have any information they can use against her; Tama attacks a lone Himari.

Saturday ep. 5 of Ikki-tousen, Great Guardians A day at the beach nearly turns to disaster when a map that Komei discovers turns out not to be treasure map but rather a warning where sharks are most likely to attack; Ryofou's power starts to re-emerge.

Sunday ep. 15 of Utena The spotlight falls on Miki's twin sister Kozue.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/4/2020, 1:52 pm

Monday episode 7 of Sakura Wars Kanna returns and Sakura finally synchs with her Koubou in the midst of battle.

Tuesday episode 1 of Fushigi Yugi At the National Library Miaka and Yui discover the story of the Four Kingdoms and are transported into the book but when Yui finds herself separated from Miaka and back in the library she becomes the book's reader as Miaka's adventures begin.

Comment: It's not until she comes under Nakago's sway that Yui's character starts to change for the worse.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/6/2020, 4:22 pm

Wed. episode 37 of KOR In order to save a friend Madoka must challenge a sukeban leader (girl gang leader) to a duel using skateboards.

Th. ep. 8 of Those Who Hunt Elves To strip a dead Elf the Hunters must astro-project but when they find that their bodies are being cremated they have to act fast to prevent a premature funeral.

Comments: 1) This episode has a couple of Fourth Wall Breaking sequences mostly Junpei.
    2) Because of the astroprojection Celcia is shown in her true Elf Form for the first time since episode 2 or 3 surprising everyone because they're used to her dog form now.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/9/2020, 2:26 pm

episode 12 of Omimari Himari on Friday, the finale.
    comment: After they defeat the ogre it looks like Tama actually becomes a bit tamer, so it seems that he was controlling her making her more of a threat than really she seemed.

episode 6 of Ikki-tousen,Great Guardians on Saturday, Ryofou goes in search of her past.
    comment: Can't wait to see what Saiji is really up to. Also Hakufu really pisses Ryomou off.

episode 16 of Utena on Sunday, Nanami turns into a cow! Laughing Laughing
    comment: Seriously she turns into a cow! Then again we're talking about Nanami the series' butt monkey( with apologies to Chu Chu)the girl that weirdness follows constantly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 9:18 am