Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+7
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
Schwenkdawg
mitsuki lover
AlexT
JGZinv
11 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17935
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 29 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 3/11/2013, 2:06 pm

I've been watching parts of The Bible on History Channel and so far I think it earns about a
    B- grade.Just so/so so far.They do take a bit of license with the actual stories.Then again it's
    for television so some things had to be toned down a great deal.Though the ages of the actual
    people are changed around a lot.For example Lot was closer to being in his late 70s or early 80s
    at the time Sodom and Gomorrah were judged.Last night I saw the episode that ends with David and
    Bathsheba.The good thing here was that they showed how David tried to con Uriah into sleeping with
    Bathsheba after she got pregnant by David.
    Any way next week I think starts with Solomon.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19030
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 3/12/2013, 2:02 pm

Well, in recent years I saw some good "new" bible research or history or archaeologic documentations. I learned a lot of "new" things but don't ask as it's hard to get it all back to mind. I'm not sure I saw the one you refer to, but I saw one about the rise of David and his exploits...

DIYRockets has published a new challenge and prizes
    "Design an Open Source 3D Printed Rocket Engine that Could Carry Nano-Satellites into Space"
    http://www.openspaceuniversity.org/#!rocketchallenge/c22xk
    http://www.openspaceuniversity.org/#!courses/c17b1
    Well, they forgot to say something about the type of fuel.
    My guess is it will come down to solid fuel e.g. warfare missiles.
    Because of that I think it's futile. Billions have been invested in creating today's super warfare missile engines. I doubt the public can outdo these generally very simple (held) designs. The cost is just saved by cheap fuel and material.

Now, that the conclave has commence I'm free to discuss heretic stuff Laughing
    Ok, so Nostradamus was (roughly) right about Benedict XIII and Japan's tsunami. According, to people's interpretation the next pope will be a roman. He's somewhat young and will reign long with an iron fist. He will weaken the (Holy) Seat and cling to his post.
    Hmm...

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/13/2013, 1:44 pm

Actually it's Benedict XVI.
    Looks like the Bishop (or is it Archbishop?)of Milan that is one of the ones in the lead along with the one from Brazil.I doubt we shall see an North American Pope in our life times.A Latin American or African Pope might be more likely,but then again the Africans tend to be more conservative so wouldn't be as popular with the more liberal elements.

On other news,it looks like they say now that Mars had conditions that could have supported life
    once upon a time.That doesn't mean that THERE was life on Mars at one point merely that conditions could have supported life at one time.A lot of difference between the two.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/13/2013, 3:33 pm

Oops Embarassed

So it's Franziskus I. (Jorge Mario Bergoglio). That's was way too quick.
    He's an Argentinian born of Italian parents. Hmm...typical prophesies not quite on the money but not wrong either.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/13/2013, 3:59 pm

Laughing

I just was going to say they announced a Pope but you beat me to it.
    Interesting it be Francis.
    I wonder if he has a thing for St.Francis of Assisi one would assume so.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/13/2013, 5:47 pm

Well, I happened to see the smoke on (lunch) TV just before the bells rang. Then things went chaotic. Laughing

The choosing of a name is also a declaration of a "policy". So I'm pretty sure he follows the spirit of St.Francis of Assisi. But how it will turn out only time will tell. Anything could go wrong or right.
    For some reason I feel exited in historical terms.
    Also I bet Obama will go visit him.

Edit:
    According to the latest info he's actually a citizen of both Argentina and Italy, now also including Vatican.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/15/2013, 1:42 pm

Could be because of his parents being from Italy originally.I wonder if any of his Italian relatives
    showed up.

So far he does seem to be taking a more humble tack then previous pontiffs,even asking for the people to pray for him before offering his first official pontifical blessing.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/16/2013, 9:39 am

Sadly our world is not perfect. Angels won't survive long and as my philosophy teacher would argue: Angels don't have citizenship. A criminal has more rights than a (homeless) Angel.

I hear there's gonna be Jurassic Park 4. Now this is something to be curious about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21226068
    What Japanese history lessons leave out
    One of the best article on BBC. Must read!!
    Imho most others have embarrassing errors. *ahem*
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/18/2013, 1:56 pm

It's interesting that it took the writer going to school in Australia to actually begin to learn the truth of Japan during WWII.
    I wonder what will happen when the movie EMPEROR comes out over there.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/18/2013, 4:07 pm

Well, that's how things are in certain advanced first world countries.
    The majority are like that regarding certain issues. Imho, actually, there's no exception.... I just know too much.

Apropos, recently after years of the journalist's death his research is being released
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21768668
    Nixon, the traitor
    The discussion has come up again.
    One thing is for certain, american historians are not accepting the facts or the words of a dead president, hence, it's not going to find its way into wikipedia.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/20/2013, 1:54 pm

Or it could all have been in LBJ's head.Considering he was infamous for making up stories,it wouldn't be odd if it turned out to be another LBJ tall tale.Unless they find collaberating evidence among Nixon's papers.But for now it should be taken with a large grain of salt.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/20/2013, 5:16 pm

There are no longer living witnesses so it's all a thing of opinion.
    But I wouldn't wonder about anything, though. Frankly, it would be a wonder if there are no such things. It's all "typical" behind the scene politic dealings...

After, turning down the european dealing Cyprus hopes on russian help. Hmm, lets see: some russian people have hundreds of billions in Cypris banks to avoid paying tax money to Putin...now Cyprus wants Putin to invest/rescue them. Hmm, it's so hard to guess what Putin will do. Laughing

Nato just released a handbook on cyberwarfare.
    "Tallinn Manual on the International Law Applicable to Cyber Warfare"
    Looks like the powers that be want to set the boundaries for legal procedures in an international court.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/22/2013, 1:57 pm

I finished reading Ann Coulter's book Mugged yesterday.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/25/2013, 1:59 pm

So the Rockies and Plain States seem to be having a Spring Blizzard.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12506

Post by AlexT 3/25/2013, 8:56 pm

How are you doing guys, is it snowing in your parts too? Cuz we got a whole damn disaster here. It's not like i expected to see grass when i got back home, but definately not tons of snow and paralyzed traffic everywhere. It was fun to watch all those little "i'm stuck in the snow" moments on the roads as i walked past em. But i like cold more than heat anyway.
    But It's scary to think what we'll get in a few years from here..

I usualy read all the news i can get when i get back but somehow i don't even want to see those headlines anymore so i get news from this topic here Smile
    But recently i'm more concerned about stuff that doesn't make it into newspapers, or countered by misleading information perharps. Abundance of information can be just as bad as lack/controll of it. You surround a real thing with 10 false stories and person will dismiss all of them. The age of liars is upon us..

As for Cyprus - really nice move. They'll tax money that mostly wasn't made by doing something good, so why care Wink
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/25/2013, 10:10 pm

Nice to have ya back.
    Well, I do have snow at my current place not much, though. I've seen a lot more snow in my childhood. So it's certainly better than at your place. You can blame the warm and moist air, and coming down with snow up in the north.

There are a lot of news I could mentioned or serve but they aren't in common people's interest. Razz
    I will think about them next time.

Well, the greek/cyprus example is scary in that s very small percentage of people actually bring the whole community down to its knee if not to its destruction. The Greek gave us democracy but it looks like also doom for civilization. Hmm, the power to give and take. Fair enough.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/27/2013, 8:48 am

Since around the 20th of March NASA has started to censor their publications. It's sad that they are no longer publish everything. Just hope there won't no misleading information.

I have been noticing a lot of free sites being taken down. I guess because many were in direct competition to the industry. It sound about right from my experience in the mod community. If you use game texture and sound in a mod it's likely you get sued. So many things have to be made from scratch. There has also been case eg 3D models that have been taken down because they were better than the originals.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/27/2013, 2:18 pm

No snow where we live but still not quite Springlike weather either as it hovers around 40 to 45.

Looks like the first independent space capsule is finally home.The Space X Dragon splashed down successfully off the coast of Baja California.I'm surprised that Almael didn't mention this.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/29/2013, 2:00 pm

Well, it's the third flight and 2nd supply run. The more interesting news is that the new flight plan has been introduced which cuts the meeting time from 2 days down to 6 hours. This saves 30 orbit rounds and fatigue to the astronauts.

I got another random one of those vegetarian and vegan discussions. I still find it kind of futile to deny milk and eggs as non animal matter (protein). Sure, it's not meat but it still claims animal "life". Then again an egg is legally not a life yet. Hmm...

The Nasa library is still offline. I really wonder how much is being censored.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/130325183900.htm
    Bacteria bio-battery
    Looks like I need to update some wikipedia articles....
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/29/2013, 3:33 pm

Having to get my triglycerides down I've read what they say to eat and not to eat.Apparently egg whites are good but egg yolks are bad.Then too I have to cut down on bacon.(I love bacon. Sad )
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/1/2013, 1:46 pm

It's April Fools Day again.Anyone get FOOLED today?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 4/2/2013, 5:40 pm

Nah, not much April's fooling around this year. The yahoo one was amusing, though.

Seriously, I wouldn't bother too much about food these days. You can't avoid taking in some bad stuff no matter what you eat. Of course you could have your own farm and all... As a city person I'm afraid I'm stuck.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/03/bullseye-from-1000-yards-shooting-the-17000-linux-powered-rifle/
    There is "new" computerized scoped rifle for uninitiated laymen to shoot up to 1000 yards. You squeeze and the rifle shoots when it determines the best moment to do so. It's like a game with autoshoot feature.

Despite all the north korean rhetoric, it's actually a good time to get rid of the problem once and for all. We certainly would gain more than them.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/3/2013, 1:55 pm

North Korea always loves to rattle sabres every few months or years that is certain.They know that
    Obama is a bit wishy washy so they probably aren't worried too much about what he will do.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 4/5/2013, 2:17 pm

Have you ever visited Listverse?Has it name implies it's a site with hundreds of different types of top lists.Your mileage may vary according to your beliefs on some of them.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12506

Post by AlexT 4/6/2013, 6:58 pm

I don't like the way NK rattle those sabres. There's something different about it now, they should not be underestimabed i guess.
    Anyway - a good display of what may happen when bunch of idiots are given dangerous toys.

Almael, what do you think about NK millitary? Not nuclear stuff, but usual soldiers, guns, tanks and stuff - just how much outdated it is in your opinion?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 6:16 am