Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+7
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
Schwenkdawg
mitsuki lover
AlexT
JGZinv
11 posters

Random Thought

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19030
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Random Thought - Page 16 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by Almael 2/12/2010, 6:26 pm

Biden? Who is that? Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_twisted

AlexT wrote:mistuki, maybe you should be afraid - i bet C.I.A. is already on the way to you Very Happy Tell em the aliens sent these visions to you!

But it will sell...maybe it's buyers are already among us Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_eek
    So, who's going to buy iPad? Come out! Random Thought - Page 16 Suspect
    No no. It's men in nice and clean suits, from some organization with an abbriviated name that I forgot.

Aliens of course, but since they are in hidding and keep it secret, they are not counted in the statistics. Rumor has it that ipad's claimed features are purposely understated to to prevent humans from getting interested. Just now someone says it has a safety that degrades someone brain if it lands in the wrong hand.

Warning do not read this if you find it offending. You have been warned. Laughing
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12506

Post by AlexT 2/13/2010, 8:23 pm

I was always surprised how is it possible to declare that a certain country won't be getting iPods (along with much more useful goods) as part of the sanctions. Maybe there's a connection? So you might be right - they're all working with aliens Very Happy There must be a mind control chip inside every iPhone - it would make sense why people pay 2-3 times more for less functions compared to a decent PC

Spoiler:
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/14/2010, 8:59 am

AlexT wrote:I was always surprised how is it possible to declare that a certain country won't be getting iPods (along with much more useful goods) as part of the sanctions. Maybe there's a connection? So you might be right - they're all working with aliens Very Happy There must be a mind control chip inside every iPhone - it would make sense why people pay 2-3 times more for less functions compared to a decent PC
    It's either owned by others or centrally rule by someone.

There are people who fear mind reading, and they tell people to use aluminium covers to block. But that actually amplifies reading. Laughing

Spoiler:
    US power suit pic
    japanese power suit pic
    I forgot to mention that the nasa robot mechanism is based on Da Vinci's robot mechanic design. Wink

Seem like Australia is popular these days.
    Speedy elephants: walking or running? We do know they fear mice for real, though. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17935
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 2/15/2010, 1:21 pm

Actual Mind Reading is a carnival trick where certain words are used to give clues to the 'mind reader'.Of course there is The Amazing Kreskin who's been doing it for decades and so has honed it to an art.I don't think anyone has actually figured out how he manages to do it.
    As far as Da Vinci goes,someone published a book that contains his actual notebooks in English.Our library has a copy.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/16/2010, 8:00 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Actual Mind Reading is a carnival trick where certain words are used to give clues to the 'mind reader'.

As far as Da Vinci goes,someone published a book that contains his actual notebooks in English.Our library has a copy.
    No comment. Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_razz
    Heh, Popsci happens to have an article on this. Tsk, they got some useless article called scary science.

The Da Vinci code! Laughing

Meteorite has organic matter. Seems like we got a publishing season recently...

@AlexT: I've posted some more details on the cat design.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 2/16/2010, 3:31 pm

Interesting article in fact. The results may be devastating. The real "fear factor" here is more dangerous than bomb itself. Instead of searching for some terrorists certain countries will just wipe out everything and everyone seen as possible threat.. counter terrorist groups will get loud, blowing stuff here and there, sweeping entire blocks...KOS(kill-on-sight) as default rules of engagement, personal Predator for every suspicious guy with a suit case, global controll, sensors, cameras even in toilet, image recognition databeses with every one's face...
    Anyway - peace lovers will scream for green light for CIA and corporations will hire PMC/PSC even more - everyone get's work in a new world Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_neutral
    ____
    I started watching Firefly recently - never seen the Series, only movie. All that wild west c... stuff i mean was weird at first and still is, i just don't get it - space ships and ancient pistols and rifles that shoot with a strange blaster-like sound for some reason.( "In the land of peacemakers - beretta is a king") Very Happy World is more or less believable - horses may be quite useful even on new terraformed planets, but all the rest - society, low tech levels, poor education of people doesn't help realism. Sometimes it's like watching 2 different movies... But everything that happen on the ship or in space is usually fun.
    Still - movie was much better and show what series should have been from the start.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/16/2010, 4:22 pm

AlexT wrote:
    Anyway - peace lovers will scream for green light for CIA and corporations will hire PMC/PSC even more - everyone get's work in a new world Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_neutral
    ____
    I started watching Firefly recently
    But everything that happen on the ship or in space is usually fun.
    Still - movie was much better and show what series should have been from the start.
    Who says the firm needs approval? Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_razz

Firefly does have the typical american flair, just like Avatar for that matter. Well, I saaw some episodes but nothing memorable. Since everything is kind of low budget, it's no wonder that the dialogues shine through.
    Hmm, of the old and dead space scifi series you should go see:
    'Space above and beyond' was good but got canceled.
    "Earth Final conflic" ended too early
    "Alien Nation" it's ok
    "Time Trax" today's star trek Laughing
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 2/17/2010, 11:03 am

Who says the firm needs approval? Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_razz
    It could get worse when it's official Smile

Saw half these already, though it was some time ago. Sometimes various sci-fi series is a great cure for when mind is unsettled - unlike movies they are long distraction, escapism, a good addition to anime series. Random Thought - Page 16 Drunken_smilie
    Spoiler:
    I saw the new pics - it helps, will do new pic soon..
    I'll also be assembling new watercooling loop soon, i'll post some
    photos after i finish - it get's pretty exotic..
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/17/2010, 2:06 pm

Space Above And Beyond was created by two of the producers of
    The X-Files and was about Space Marines.
    Earth:Final Conflict kinda jumped the shark toward the end,at least IMHO.
    Alien Nation was based on the movie of the same name and was supposed to be Fox's Flagship Series and got rave reviews and all before they cancelled it.
    Time Trax was more like Time Cop then Star Trek in that the hero went back in time to stop the villian from changing history.And yes there was a
    Time Cop series as well.
    The original BSG was also fun if you don't mind lower budget than the current one.
    Larson also produced the '80s version of Buck Rogers.Speaking of low budget I think they re-used some of the same costumes as the original BSG.
    Actually there were a couple of fun Sci Fi shows from the '80s that I wonder how many other people remember like Mann And Machine,about a dectective who ends up partnering with a female android and Hard Time On Planet Earth,about an alien rebel sent to do time on Earth.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12688
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv 2/17/2010, 2:28 pm

a dectective who ends up partnering with a female android

Sounds like Blade Runner.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/17/2010, 2:54 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:
    Actually there were a couple of fun Sci Fi shows from the '80s that I wonder how many other people remember like Mann And Machine,about a dectective who ends up partnering with a female android and Hard Time On Planet Earth,about an alien rebel sent to do time on Earth.
    Nope. But I know Airwolf, Street Hawk, Red Dwarf, Space Rangers.
    I heard V was good but never saw it.
    There was also TekWar.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 2/17/2010, 5:03 pm

Airwolf!

and while we're at it... SeaQuest... until it got taken over by the bald captain and started using aliens because they wanted to combat another network's program on the same time slot. It was all downhill from there.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/17/2010, 7:13 pm

Did you know someone made an RC model that can shoot with the guns? It also had some jet engines build in, but I dunno if that worked, though.
    Heh, they remaked Knight Rider (bleh). I wonder if Airwolf will get one, too.

Yep, I remember SeaQuest was replace by some scifi series where people land on a second Earth. Somehow that one got quickly forgotten. Laughing
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 2/17/2010, 11:30 pm

Yeah there's been a lot of models that have been heavily modified... no doubt some guy from the the military was at his kids RC plane fair and had the idea of making the Predator drone.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 2/18/2010, 7:09 am

mitsuki lover wrote:Actual Mind Reading is a carnival trick where
    certain words are used to give clues to the 'mind reader'.
    Then it's not the real mind reading. The real one is quite possible i believe, already we see consumer-level devices capable of both - intercepting and sending signals to the brain to alter the senses, mostly muscle-function related, but it's the beginning. I guess it's only a matter of time. I doubt it will be ever possible at distance and without using some device you put on the head though...

Drones... i can easily imagine a larger plane loaded with many combat drones, like a drone carriers in games. These would be real scary cuz they'd hunt soldiers and smaller targets. It would reduce the need for infantry to a minimum and they'll still be main force for urban terrain, but drones would rule the field..
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/18/2010, 7:57 am

AlexT wrote:
    Drones... i can easily imagine a larger plane loaded with many combat drones, like a drone carriers in games. These would be real scary cuz they'd hunt soldiers and smaller targets. It would reduce the need for infantry to a minimum and they'll still be main force for urban terrain, but drones would rule the field..
    Yep, but if you flood the area with robots and drones you won't need soldiers. But administrators will be needed.

British Government UFO files released
    Ufo archieve for download for free for a month.
    Well, I'm not interested since most are fakes or due to perception, but it's still interesting to see how people's view changed over time.

Edit:
    Australia gets its first Saint! Finally a light in a dark area. Laughing
    @AlexT: Does watercooling warm up your room better than air cooling or is it too cold to notice?
    Has anyone actually build a self circulating system yet. (water flows without pump)

Edit:
    Mr. Kopp has released some anaylsis on the new russian stealth fighter!
    Assessment Well, he says it's more maneuverable, but it doesn't look instable to me. Instability is important for being nimble. In other words the less likely a plane can fly the more nimble it is. So the best fighter is one you can't fly. Laughing
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 2/23/2010, 10:07 am

Almael wrote:Australia gets its first Saint! Finally a light in a dark area. Laughing
    First? Some other areas sure got more of em than the rest, must be something in the air Very Happy

@AlexT: Does watercooling warm up your room better than air cooling or is it too cold to notice?
    The amount of heat generated by a system is constant, it doesn't change with dissipation method. Since our summers are hot i do notice significant impact on room temperature, but air conditioning helps. Very Happy
    Has anyone actually build a self circulating system yet. (water flows without pump)
    It won't be effective. - modern PC watercooling systems use very high performance pumps - a tiny device capable of 700 liter per hour and 4.2m height...You need flow and pressure to fight waterblocks resistance with their micro-channel/nozzle structure... like here

Assessment Well, he says it's more maneuverable, but it doesn't look instable to me. Instability is important for being nimble.
    Well, now plane is part of the system, it's no longer matter of stand-alone specs but how well it works as part of, say, air-air defense complex as whole - supply, maintance, coordination etc. Millitary hardware gets more boring lately Smile
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/23/2010, 12:51 pm

AlexT wrote:
    The amount of heat generated by a system is constant, it doesn't change with dissipation method.
    Still the amount of IR given off could be felt differently.

Well, now plane is part of the system, it's no longer matter of stand-alone specs but how well it works as part of, say, air-air defense complex as whole - supply, maintance, coordination etc.
    Millitary hardware gets more boring lately Smile
    Yes, realistically the US has the biggest integrated military, although, far from perfect.
    The israelis are probably the only one that's on par. But given time China may become more of a threat than russia. Anyway, the article will force that war strategy will move into space or shipborn weapons. Emphasis will be set on long range bombardment.

Well, I think cost is the problem as to why there is not much new coming. All the new fancy tech is just too expansive.

Oxygen fuel cell It seem the 'blog' is BS. 1000 degrees is below fire temperature which is a given for catalytic processes. In the past fuel cell had 400 degrees or more so this one may be unrefined, but higher temps also means more efficiency in terms of thermodynamics.

On the other side this(2007) is said to be fundamentally new and better. Now available in battery size.
    The japanese decision to move away from hydrogen fuel for now is smart and considerate.
    The problem lies in storage tech still loosing too much fuel over time, hence, worsen global warming. Of course this doesn't mean hydrogen tech will die, just delayed. After all the cycle of hydrogen and electricity is most desireable.

Someone wants designing machspeed aircrafts again. Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4
    Well, looks nice but totally off: barely not enough fuel for any length; center of gravity will be hell of a problem.
    I think speed is prohibitive in the future as it always wastes exponentially more energy.
    Efficiency must be very high to justify.

Edit:
    Atlantic plastic patch determined!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/24/2010, 2:27 pm

St.Crocodile Dundee? Random Thought - Page 16 Lol (NOT!)
    The Chinese bristle every time either someone from Taiwan comes to the U.S. or we do something to help the ROC.(Republic of China)
    I saw a show yesterday on National Geogrpahic Channel that showed how Crop Circles are made by pranksters.
    They even had a group of pranksters demonstrate with a rather difficult geometric shaped crop circle and they were able to do it.
    I guess the aliens will have to stick to lobotimizing Geraldo and Algore! Random Thought - Page 16 Alien
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 2/25/2010, 7:50 am

Still the amount of IR given off could be felt differently.
    I didn't think about it, actually it did felt different - when i only used passive radiator i felt a lot of heat and then when i added active one the same amount of heat felt "cooler" even though nothing changed ..but i thought it's my imagination. Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_eek
    Now i'm searching for most quiet/effective fans with the best bearing and it seems sony's S-Flex "hydrodynamic bearing" is the best tech around, too bad they have patent and it cost some $...but i'm getting one soon and excited to see how it works.
    Someone wants designing machspeed aircrafts again.
    "Wired were the eyes of a horse on a jet pilot,
    One that smiled when he flew over the bay." Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_lol
    mitsuki lover wrote:St.Crocodile Dundee? Random Thought - Page 16 Lol (NOT!)
    Why not? Maybe he cured crocodiles of cancer Smile

I saw a show yesterday on National Geogrpahic Channel that showed how Crop Circles are made by pranksters.
    I saw it a long time ago and was surprised how many people still thought those circles are made by aliens and are impossible to do by man hand (or feet for that matter) - it takes a lot of time to destroy a myth simply because for many it's easier to take it on faith than dig for facts and explanations And if some myths live long they become something else...but i guess UFO/aliens didn't make it there, was close though Very Happy

But "i want to believe " Sad
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/25/2010, 6:10 pm

Reptiles?
    Random Thought - Page 16 250px-V_2009_Intertitle

but i guess UFO/aliens didn't make it there, was close though Very Happy
    Why should they do that when they can just grab someone? Laughing You don't go lightyears just to leave some letters behind.

But "i want to believe " Sad
    I say we can. Laughing

Here's a one-eye animal bot: a bunny or a hare?
    Random Thought - Page 16 Snapshot20061029153352
    It's from a rare japanese robo series, I think....
    Edit: Info (not sure)

@AlexT: Btw. I heard Ночной Дозор / Notschnoi Dosor was a popular movie your area.
    Have you seen it?

EDIT:
    It's been only days since the first broadcast Gundam Unicorn, but already a wave of crazed posts are being sent. Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_cheers
    Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce Random Thought - Page 16 Dancing_figure Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce Random Thought - Page 16 Icon_bounce
    Laughing

Edit:
    On this site about robots is a nice article on Bleach plagiarism. ANN
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 2/27/2010, 5:47 am

Almael wrote:Here's a one-eye animal bot: a bunny or a hare?

It's from a rare japanese robo series, I think....
    Edit: Info (not sure)
    Looks nice, this "eye" idea is quite popular - a moving camera behind some glass cover, eats a lot of space though...

@AlexT: Btw. I heard Ночной Дозор / Notschnoi Dosor was a popular movie your area.
    Have you seen it?
    Night Watch - sure, it's about modern society with both light and dark supernatural beings (aka vampires, mages, warlocks etc) existing within it in secret, ruling over day/night according to ancient treaty. Sometimes i think it's closer to reality than one might think Very Happy
    Can't say it's something extraordinary, but both (2) movies are of pretty high quality, it were no cheap projects, (the second one had much larger budget though). But they'll let you dive into post-USSR atmosphere.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 2/27/2010, 4:26 pm

YT deleted your unicorn link btw...

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/27/2010, 5:20 pm

Try this link. link2 (Read reply!)

Waiting for Hawaii tsunami, but I doubt we get to see water receding, because it's an island and water is everywhere. If it where continent then there is no other water to fill, hence, water does recede.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/4/2010, 3:35 pm

News critique: Laughing
    israeli Ops leaked I wonder if that guy did it in order to be striped from combat duty.
    As to the recent dubai incident, it sounds very fishy to me. Sounds too much like a setup than professional blunder.

Luxury ship hit by 'freak' wave #2 Ahem, this 8 m wave is normal. I would expect all seaworthy ships to sustain sea state 7 which is 6-9 m waves. And this is even an expensive ship, I would expect sea state 8 certification. *shrugs*

---------------
    Recent natural catastroph have shown that we (the world) need more and better transport options as well as more supply reserves. So I wonder hypothetically, if we concentrate full buildup of a certain area for a certain time before shifting to another area then after a certain amount of time (2 centuries?) everywhere the degree of infrastructure and lifestyle would be the same. Would everything be better or not?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 6:43 am