Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19020
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 30 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 1/13/2015, 2:30 pm

As long as I have a running computer or DVD burner it will be fine. My old PSGM backups are crap, though, especially since I didn't do another backup refresh like I did for KOR.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4211
    Imperial Credits : 17921
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 30 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 1/14/2015, 2:25 pm

Yeah we need to get around to discussing how to do that since it is January now and I am as confused as ever.I think I was born that way. Laughing
    I just checked and it looks like next to impossible to find a copy of KOR these days.Either
    they're just the OVAs and movies or else the tv series is really up there.I only found one instant where
    it was below $90,most seem to be up around $199 and more. Neutral
    Now if someone would just please invent time travel and I could go back about 11 years and write a
    note to myself NOT to use paper towels or kleenex whilst cleaning discs...

Anyhow:

Tuesday:episode 4 of Magic Knight Rayearth,the girls and Mokona continue their journey in the
    woods and come across a not too friendly village.The reason for the villagers hostility is made clear when the soceress Alcyone arrives.Hikaru attempts to fight her while Fuu tends to a fallen Umi,but she doesn't do too well.Finally Umi recovers and Mokona grants her her new ability to summon the
    Water Dragon which defeats Alcyone.
    But this ends up draining her further and Fuu wishes she could help Umi get her strength back which
    Mokona does but giving her her new healing ability.
    Later a little boy from the village tries to leave his thanks in the form of lily flowers to the girls but his mother picks him up and runs away.Mokona picks up one of the flowers and presents it to
    Hikaru and they walk off to continue their jounrey.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/14/2015, 9:01 pm

Sure thing. I have been clocking back and forth my up transfer rate and it seems the most I can get us 25kb/s. It seems it's throttled by my ISP. So transfers will take quite long.
    Well, the all-in-all Cots/Bots box collection wasn't much cheaper either with roughly similar total episode & movies numbers.

I've found a documentation about the beginning of AKB48 (2012). Now a lot of things makes sense to me.

It appears many more documentations have been made since the Earth quake relief promotional one.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/16/2015, 2:36 pm

Just in case I also started a thread over at Tenchiforum to see what other options people can give.

Wed.:episode 3 of Kaliedo Star Season 2:New Wings,this is the actual beginning of season 2.
    Leon starts out by looking like a real douchebag in the way he treats Sora.Her confidence is pretty much
    shot and the others try to encourage her.Then during the show's big finale a new mystery acrobat appears and tries to upstage Sora.

Th.:episode 00 of Spice And Wolf Season 2.Basically Nora reunites with Holo and Lawrence and they go over their adventures with each other.Later Holo either gets really soused or really sick since she faints and Nora helps Lawrence carry her to bed.
    While she's sick Holo has a series of dreams that reveal her mental state concerning her feelings about Lawrence.
    Then Nora and Lawrence come to sit with her and she's surprised that Nora isn't shocked at seeing
    her ears.
    Afterwards the two girls have a good laugh much to Lawrence's confusion but he catches on and it ends with all of them laughing.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/17/2015, 10:01 am

Sailor Moon ep.14
    Part 1
    Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity does a major attack with the Silver Crystal against Queen Metalia's weak point. However, it has no effect. Endymion tells her to prey and not think. Laughing
    The Senhi's power awakens and gather toward the Crystal Tower on the Moon. Under the power's beam and with Sailor Moon's prayer the Crystal Tower regrow to its original shape. Lunar remembers Queen Serenity telling her to come here and pray whenever the situation is dire. Then the power of the Moon will protect them.
    Lunar prays (!) and the Moon unleashes it's enormous brightness which repels Matalia. Sailor Moon does another concentrated attack which vanquished Metalia at the cost of her brooch. Her energy expended she loses consciousness...
    Artemis gasps at the sight of Lunar's human form with the spirit of Queen Serenity at her side...but it's only an illusion.
    Before their eyes the Silver Milenium takes shape again. Endymion wonders if everything is saved and back to normal. He does his thing again to awaken Usako. Serenity awakens and they hug each other. 😊 (cute cats watching!)
    It's then that Usagi notices the others missing and panics. Endymion uses his connection power to search the Earth for them.
    Part 2
    [...]
    Queen Serenity bequeaths a new brooch for Usagi. It can hold the Silver Crystal. It's another power up. Sailor Moon sends healing energy to the Earth which raises everything back from the darkness. The gang awakens in Tokyo and are reunited.
    [imagine "It's a new day" (classic song) without the song]
    First time Usagi wakes up early (praises) ... but forgot to do her homework. (gets scolded) Laughing It's a typical day! Rei senses the Darkmoon! but doesn't know it yet.
    Usagi and Mamoru become a public distraction Laughing when P-chan and Chibiusa fall on them from the sky. (classic Usagi vs. Usagi battle) Chibiusa points a gun at Usagi demanding her Silver Crystal.

Log Horizon 2 ep.12-13
    The gang is back together yada yada
    Log Horizon 2 ep.14
    The story has moved to the (western japanese adventurers &) China server where a former Tea Party member, Kanami, is making her way to Yamato the Japan server.
    Kanami = Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7
    Leonardo (Frog Ninja) = Frog hero from Chrono Cross(?) I think
    Coppelia (NPC Maid) = ?Ryomou from Ikki Tousen
    Erius Hackblade (most famous, last remaining NPC Hero) = Gourry Gabriev from Slayers
    ...an illustrious party..maybe Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/19/2015, 3:11 pm

There's this new anime Assassination Classroom, about some weird octopus humanoid with godlike powers. He destroyed the 80% of the moon and threatens to destroy the Earth in a years time if a certain class of students fail to assassinate him.
    Well, it's all about the effort!
    The manga was supposed to be bad but I still am curious.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/19/2015, 4:44 pm

Feb. is coming up fast and so as soon as I get Cardcaptor Sakura and paid I will order Set 1
    of Sailor Moon Crystal,no problem with spoilers though since I already read the entire manga
    and it seems to be following it pretty faithfully.

Friday:Ghost Sweeper Mikami episode 10:Meiko loses one of her Shikigami and asks Mikami to help her look for it.Unfortunately it's the one that has shapeshifting abilities so Mikami has to use her
    special glasses that help her spot Supernatural beings.
    Then to make matters worse:Okinu gets stuck in the middle of a bunch of lecherous figure skating
    male otakus,Mikami finds herself surrounded by a group of fawning old people and Tadao accidently
    stumbles on a Yakuza funeral.
    Ironically the Shikigami comes home on its own:it fell in love with a drifitng balloon! Laughing

Staurday:Girls Und Panzer episode 4:The exhibition between Oorai and St.Gloriana girls' schools begins.At first it looks like using Miho's strategy Oorai Girls' School might actually pull out
    an upset,but the Student Council VP proves too trigger happy and they have to retreat into the city.
    They're able to 'destroy' a couple more St.Gloriana tanks but the VP's trigger happiness again causes
    problems as she causes the 'destruction' of one their own tanks by firing too quickly.
    Finally it's down to just the girls in Team Anglerfish.They manage to take out a couple more St.Gloriana tanks so the exhibition comes down to them and Darjeeling's tank.Both fire at the same time but Miho loses.Afterward they are forced to do a flower dance on board a truck for losing.
    Later they meet Hana's mother who is aghast that her daughter would be part of such a thing.
    Mako goes back home by herself and the others meet her there.

I'm going to add Darjeeling to my list as my favorite GUP characters.Rather cool the way she can sip tea and give commands at the same time.Wonder if they gave her a British accent in the dub?

Sunday:Full Moon episode 7: Mitsuki finally makes her singing debut.However she has a run in with one of the other girls from the audition and the girl insists that she only got it because of her looks.This makes Mitsuki down and she goes on the building roof where Takuto finds her.He musses her hair up to get her attention and tells her not to worry about what other people say,just do her best.
    On stage she sings her heart out with "Myself" and both Ms Oshige and the producer are delighted.
    Takuto adds some wings and the two of them think it was the other who had the idea.
    Afterward people are seen streaming to buy the CD.
    Note:This is when "Myself" replaces "New Future" as the ED for the series.(Both with lyrics by
    myco)
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/20/2015, 1:49 pm

Well, if anything changes in the remake of Sailor Moon I'm pretty sure tons of other fans will complain to no end. The risk is just too big and since SM is popular enough to turn a buck even without changes...

Surfing for singing contests I found a nice AKB48 vs. classics cheers bounce Embarassed

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/21/2015, 2:35 pm

Most of the changes in the Mixx version of the manga seem to have been the Angolization of the
    Inners names.For some odd reason that didn't happen with the Outers,they kept the Japanese names.
    Kinda inconsistent policies it seems to me.

Monday:Buso Renkin episode 19: Gouta and Tokiko get separated from Kazuki and wind up having to fight in a cemetery the Warrior Alchemist with the Secret Pathway buso renkin.Gouta finally
    comes up with a clever way of defeating him by using cloth from his scarf.
    Meanwhile Kazuki is running to reunite with Gouta and Tokiko and comes across Captain Bravo.

Tuesday:Magic Knight Rayearthepisode 5:The girls finally find the lake they're looking for but
    it looks improbable as it is only two dimensional.Then Hikaru climbs to the top of a rock pile and
    discovers that it's an illusion.
    Following Mokona they jump in and find themselves in a cavern where they're apparently separated.
    Each one has to face something precious to herself:Hikaru an image of her dog,Umi her parents and
    Fuu herself.
    At first they seem to be over their heads but then Princess Emaurade appears to each of them and they have the courage to fight on.
    Recovering the Escudo they find that they've been standing by each other all the time.And then
    the socereress appears to take it from them but working together they defeat her.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/22/2015, 4:09 pm

World Trigger ep.14
    The top black trigger users of the two top Border Branches fight it out!

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso ep13
    Koari has been admitted to the hospital so Kousei gives his best in completing his part of their agreement ...playing piano and overcoming his trauma.

I found the 100303 AKBINGO! SPecial Episode 73
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1m08ii_100303-akbingo-sp-episode-73-eng-sub_shortfilms
    It's so nostalgic. It's a special showing the 20 best "scenes" (=most unsightly for an idol) this covers also the 10 eps from AKBingo 1:59 and 26 eps from AKBingo 0:59 for a total of 109 episodes. This is where Yurina is being established as the untouchable queen.
    Btw. in 100407 AKBINGO! ep. 78 and 100414 AKBINGO! ep. 79 is where Yurina wins the 10 vs. 1 battle proofing her right to the Title. Admittedly 4 of the challengers don't count but the rest did their best.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/23/2015, 3:11 pm

Well I finally scheduled Feb. 9 as the day to order Set 1 of Sailor Moon which is interesting since Set 2 comes out the next day.

Wed. episode 4 of Kaleido Star:New Wings.Rosetta is upset that her mom wants her to leave the
    Kaleido Stage and ends up jumping on the trapeze but doesn't know how to get off.So Sora bounces
    on the trampoline to get on with her.I don't know why no-one realized that that was her mother considering they have the same orange hair and facial look.You can tell what Rosetta will look like as an adult just by looking at her mother.
    Also Mai is acting rather tsundere.She even barks like a dog every time Sora tries to make friends. Laughing Laughing

Th.:Episode 1 of Spice And Wolf Season 2.This one starts out with Holo's dream from episode 00.Later on they meet a young apprentice.Most of it is re-hashing their past expierences with Holo and Lawrence at times arguing or Holo giving Lawrence a bad time of it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/24/2015, 10:47 am

Parasyte ep.14
    Shinichi confronts the detective and reveals his secrets. The detective's still clueless about his situation, though. From here on out it will be more rough & cruel.
    So far it has been following the manga closely, although, it's taking its sweet time, though.

Log Horizon 2 ep.15&16
    Disappointingly the show has return to the main gang with more random stories. Well, it wouldn't be a problem if the show is somewhat more interesting, hence, would generate interest in the details. Doing the reverse here isn't good imho.

Mayuyu meets the Mangaka of Hentai Kamen, the famous super popular & hilarious series.
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jqry1_aidol-mayuyu-birthday-special-akb-to-xx-ep46-140220_people
    This is an interesting episode of AKB to XX. It was shot before Mayuyu was elected #1. It shows the mangaka's studio, too. The funny thing is everyone knows what they are talking about saying that he's famous in their generation but Mayuyu is completely clueless. She's born one year after the manga came out. Laughing She also gets to show off her special drawing skill. Shocked She might be better than me or at least she's on the same level. And I'm pretty good if I may say so but then again I probably didn't draw as much as she did when I was small. *shrugs*
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/26/2015, 3:05 pm

Yuki Yuna Is A Hero comes out April 10! Very Happy

Friday:Ghost Sweeper Mikami episode 11:Mikami and gang investigate a haunted train.

Saturday:Girls Und Panzer episode 5:Oorai vs. Saunders.Miho discovers that Saunders is using
    a communications balloon to track Oorai radio signals.

Sunday:Full Moon episode 8: Myself appears to be a hit,but comments that Mitsuki overhears from the school's AV Club President make her question it and her talent.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/28/2015, 2:24 pm

Monday: Cardcaptor Sakura episode 6:Sakura has to deal with the Illusion Clow Card,but the
    trouble is it uses the image of her dead mother against her.

btw:Got Season 1 in the mail today! Very Happy Very Happy

Tuesday: Magic Knight Rayearth episode 6:The girls return to Presea's to have her forge their new weapons using the Escudo,but they're attacked by a gigantic caterpillar that keeps growing
    with each attack.

btw: people usually refer to it as Magic Knights Rayearth but it's singular not plural since
    Rayearth refers to Hikaru.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/29/2015, 2:48 pm

Escudo is best! better than Orihalcon, Adamantium  Embarassed

Btw. have you looked up Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle? It's pretty long (52 eps) like classic shows so it might not be for everyone. Imho Fushigi Yuugi is better but Tsubasa RC starts out interesting.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/30/2015, 2:25 pm

Yeah,I've looked it up.I think the more interesting parts would be when they interact with characters from the other CLAMP series.
    According to what I've read in Tsubasa Fuu,Hikaru and Umi are classmates of the Sakura of
    one of the dimensions visited.

Wed.:Kaleido Star:New Wings episode 5:Mia comes up with a new "Dracula" storyline for the
    Kaleido Stage and May and Sora get into a contest to see who will star in the show.

Th.:Spice And Wolf Season 2 episode 2:Lawrence is introduced to a mysterious young woman
    living in the old city.
    This episodes shows that Holo SNORES! Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/1/2015, 3:02 pm

Seiken Tsukai no World Break
    is airing! It's based on short novels, yet again about swords(wo)man.
    I'm going to watch a bit and see how it goes.

And I happen to come across the russian movie "Wolfhound" again. Remember the one about a Conan-esque story where the boy grows up to search for the killer of his clan. He's has a bat as companion. And there are cliches about asian/mongolic people.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/2/2015, 2:48 pm

Friday: Ghost Sweeper Mikamiepisode 12.The last episode I have.This has been a really fun series and IF I could I really would get the rest of it.I think this is worth it just to see how poor Tadao
    gets it in every episode. Very Happy Laughing
    Episode 12 he and Okinu do an errand for a sick Mikami and Tadao is given some pills that give ordinary
    people epser powers.Of course he abuses it right off the bat.And then there's this beautiful client who
    needs some demons exorcised from her lingerie shop and of course stupid Tadao uses up all the power
    before anyone realizes the whole thing is a trap and Mikami still sick has to come to the rescue.

Saturday:Girls Und Panzer episode 6.Oorai manages to win the game but Mako is taken away
    at the end over the protesting of Miho.

Sunday:Full Moon episode 9.Mituski tries everything she can think of to get Dr.Wakaoji to listen to 'Myself' but he seems totally uninterested.Later she Meroko and Takuto find him visiting
    the graves of Mitsuki's parents.Afterward she leaves a copy of the CD at the grave.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/2/2015, 9:30 pm

Seiken Tsukai no World Break ep.1&2
    It's a bit different from the novels and manga. It's essentially the same but the details have been shuffled a bit. So I guess the novels are best, then manga and so on. Our hero remembers two past lives, hence he is called a dragon. That's not literally as the description on the web might suggest. He gets sexually abused by his past&present to be lover/stranger and his past sister/stranger.
    The story&setting are a mix of medieval adventure + magic + paranormal + modern day civilization. I would say it's average so I don't feel that appealed. My guess is it will take awhile before it get's interesting.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/4/2015, 2:29 pm

Monday: Yukikaze episode 4. This is definitely one of those anime that you show to people who
    aren't into anime but like hard core military grade sci fi.

Tuesday: Magic Knight Rayearth episode 7. Fuu is really Cool in this episode. It also begins to show
    how she feels about Ferio.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/9/2015, 2:42 pm

Friday:episode 1 of Vividred Operation I was so obsessed with figuring out where episodes 3 and 4 were that I didn't enjoy it as much as I should've,I was more until wondering why they only had 2 episodes on the disc instead of four that I kinda got into a loop of overthinking.

That said I really did enjoy it a lot.
    Akane's fear of heights turned out to be a major plot turning point as she has to overcome it in order
    to save Aoi.

Saturday:episode 7 of Girls Und PanzerTeam Anglerfish visits Mako's sick grandma.Later the entire Oorai High Tankery
    team goes exploring a haunted ship and Mako freaks out!
    They also end up winning their next match.

Sunday:episode 10 'The Rules of Show Business' Mitsuki goes on a show hosted by a famous
    Enka singer and helps to remind the singer of her own earlier passion.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/11/2015, 2:18 pm

Monday: episode 10 of Black Lagoon.Roberta vs. Revy.And then Balalaika steps in and is the adult of the situation and shows her entire AWESOME! Cool Cool Cool Cool
    Even more fun the second time around.
    Especially the part where Balalaika makes them throw away their guns and punch it out.

Tuesday:episode 8 of Magic Knight Rayearth.A trapped wild puppy becomes a trap for the girls but especially for Hikaru who misses her own dog back on Earth.In the end she's forced to kill it after it reverts to it's true monster form and begins to attack Umi and Fuu(kinda like how Chuck Connors had to put down Old Yeller).
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/13/2015, 4:40 pm

Wed.:Kaleido Star:New Wingsepisode 7:another Rosetta episode.This time Sora has to help
    train her on the trapeze but May doesn't help matters so Sora takes her to a special place to train:
    a playground.
    Next week:LAYLA! Very Happy

Th.:Spice And Wolf Season 2 episode 4:So it seems the reason Holo was pissed at Lawrence
    was because he,in her view, wasn't taking their relationship as serious as she wished he would.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/15/2015, 1:07 pm

Sailor Moon Crystal ep. 15
    We get to see Rei's school and it's holding a fair. (Have we ever seen her school in such details?) The black moon sisters interfere and get beaten.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/16/2015, 2:23 pm

I've got my Sailor Moon viewing scheduled to begin in May,I should have parts 1 and 2 by then.

Friday:Vividred episode 2:Aoi and Akane attempt their first docking but it fails.Then there's a
    flashback to how they met and became friends.After this they're able to dock successfully.Meanwhile
    we see Rei shooting her arrow at the Alone which gives it an increase in power.Once fused Aoi and
    Akane are able to use their new combined form to defeat the Alone.
    The next day walking to school Akane and her younger sister Momo are surprised to see cars stopped
    on the way.
    Then someone points out a a large trench where the road should have been.
    Amagi Mizuha appears and tells them that is the result of yesterday's battle.

Saturday: Girls Und Panzer episode 8: Oorai High's new opponent is Pravda High.It's winter
    and snowing so the conditions aren't too good.In fact the tank crewed by the freshmen is having problems maneuvering so Mako gets permission from Miho to take over as their driver and Hana
    replaces her as driver of Anglerfish.
    At first it looks like Oorai is going to rout the enemy as they score early and easier.This leads
    Pravda to retreat toward the village but Miho senses something is not right.In fact it turns into a
    trap but too late Oorai falls into it.At first it looks like they're goners but Miho spots an large old
    abandoned church and orders the Oorai tanks there.
    Pravda begins bombarding the church but then as the Oorai girls argue over what to do a flag of
    truce appears...

Sunday: Full Moon episode 11: Mitsuki is being stalked by a ruthless paparazzi.At first she is able to avoid him by running into a tunnel and having Takuto chance her back to her normal form.
    But after the camerman sees Mitsuki emerge where Full Moon disappeared he gets suspicious of the
    connection between the two.
    Later he tries to trap Mitsuki in order to get her to tell him what she knows about Full Moon,but she
    runs into a dilapidated building and he follows.
    Running to the roof she nearly falls off but Takuto hears her whistling and comes to her aid in time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 9:21 pm