Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4193
    Imperial Credits : 17865
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 11/30/2009, 4:00 pm

Finally Kashimashi:Girl Meets Girl yesterday episode 1!
    I actually did like it;what was interesting was all the foretelling early on,such as when Hasunu tells Yasuna that everyone has always thought he looks
    'like a girl'.Also male Hasunu certainly had a rather high pitched voice.
    Another interesting thing was that we never see male Hasunu eyes,they're always covered by his hair.It's only after the aliens restore him to life and
    he's a she that we see her eyes for the first time(is female Hasunu's hair shorter than when she was a he?)Next week should be interesting as the episode preview talked about how she has to adjust to being a girl now.
    "Wait!You Mean I Have To Wear A Skirt?!"(female Hasunu in next preview for ep.2 "The Girl Discovers She Is A Girl"
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 6 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 12/2/2009, 1:01 pm

Started Chobits yesterday night.Kept wondering who Chitose was until the credits for the Japanese version rolled on at the end.It was 'Belldandy'!
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12640
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Post by JGZinv 12/2/2009, 3:30 pm

Now watching Ranma 1/2 - up through the 50's so far.... seems like the grandfather of all harem animes.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 12/3/2009, 12:11 pm

Maybe, Ranma introduced a lot aside from the other classics.
    Urusei Yatsura is a bit older but had similar influence, and definitely the example for lecherous characters or forceful girls.
    Anyway, I think I will look up 'Kimi ni Todoke'. It may not be great but it should entertain a bit.
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11610
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Post by tanis1lionheart 12/4/2009, 9:56 pm

MSG 0079

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/4/2009, 10:01 pm

I was a larger fan of 0080 and 0083 myself.

tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by tanis1lionheart 12/4/2009, 11:16 pm

JGZinv wrote:I was a larger fan of 0080 and 0083 myself.
    Which one of those was '08th MS Team'?
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/5/2009, 1:04 am

Ah you got me, should have been 8th MS team and 0083 Stardust Memory.
    Course then there's Gundam Wing... G Gundam....

0080 was the one about the little boy that befriends a Zeon pilot, and the neighbor and the piltot duke it out at the end. He ends up like "hamburger."

tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by tanis1lionheart 12/5/2009, 5:17 am

JGZinv wrote:Ah you got me, should have been 8th MS team and 0083 Stardust Memory. Course then there's Gundam Wing... G Gundam....
    0080 was the one about the little boy that befriends a Zeon pilot, and the neighbor and the piltot duke it out at the end. He ends up like "hamburger."
    Ahh, 'War In The Pocket'. That's another great, if screwed up, mini-series.

The only series in MSG I go by UC year is 0079; the first one. Sort of a tribute to it.

I hated G Gundam; it's down there with SD Gundam for me.
    Wing I used to LOVE, but after I watched the older series it didn't really hold up too well.

Gundam 00 was pretty epic I thought.
    And I freaking L-O-V-E Turn-A Gundam, it's one of my top 3/5 of the franchise. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I really wish it would get a proper English release.

I'm just now starting to watch other series like 'igLoo' and what not.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/5/2009, 11:25 am

Hahaha!
    I watched the older ones first so all the non-UC series never found much love in me.
    0083 Stardust memory, 08th MS team, Turn A, Victory, F90, orginal Gundam are best.
    Still looking forward to Unicorn.
    Hmm, Igloo isn't a series but one of the aniversary special animation some time back.

Edit:
    newer Unicorn OP
    newer Unicorn ED
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by tanis1lionheart 12/5/2009, 1:18 pm

Almael wrote:Hahaha!
    I watched the older ones first so all the non-UC series never found much love in me.
    0083 Stardust memory, 08th MS team, Turn A, Victory, F90, orginal Gundam are best.
    Still looking forward to Unicorn.
    Hmm, Igloo isn't a series but one of the aniversary special animation some time back.

Edit:
    newer Unicorn OP
    newer Unicorn ED
    I thought Igloo was like a side mission to the UC line?

Have you seen Afterwar Gundam X?
    I thought it was pretty interesting. Had a 'Robotech: Season 3' (Masters or Generation, I forget which one) vibe.

Yeah, Unicorn is why I'm starting to watch all the UC series.
    I really hope to see it take off and have 5 more UC off-shoots.
    My only issue is it doesn't look as organic as the original, which I like.
    But they're a bit pricey to buy (I'm broke) and it's kind of a pain to find them online in English DUB.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/5/2009, 1:19 pm

I watched all of 00, but I thought other than about 4 episodes between the two seasons, (which were the "everybody work together for 20 mins and blast everything in sight! eps) it was not much more than a blend of Seed, Wing, and the original, with a ton of teen angst and enough correct/incorrect religious references to bury a Gundam.

Oddly enough I don't like Endless Waltz hardly at all. Wing 0 had a poor design, every other Gundam stole the show, ending was kind of meh. Heero needs to be smacked up side the head.

Char's Counterattack and the continuation of the original series pretty much stunk, nothing more than an excuse to kill everyone off, ruin any existing relationships, and have pilots make stupid decisions instead of being intelligent.

I've not seen... X gundam, Z gundam, the one in CG, victory, turn A, some of the others.

F91 was pretty decent, if not a little rehashed.

Seed had some ideas taken from alot of other series, it's a 1 time watch then forget for me.
    Didn't get to Seed Destiny, but read enough about it to realize I don't really care much.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/5/2009, 1:48 pm

I have watched Gundam X, Gundam Z, Char's Counterattack, Igloo and all CG specials.
    I haven't completely watched Wing, Gundam G, Seed, 00. Of these I may watch G for the various designs....

F91 was rushed because the higher ups didn't support it. But it's good. Try Gundam Crossbone. Wink

Gundam Victory is different because our author has matured and doesn't kill people off as before.
    Turn A Gundam is similar with an indepedent universe. A bit similar to Gundam X, too.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/5/2009, 1:54 pm

Only reason I "like" (that's sort of pushing it) G Gundam was they went beyond the normal plot
    that basically ever other Gundam title has, and the mecha were unique, if not outlandish.
    Yes it had no basis at all in reality and some really cheap moments, but it was different.
    The control system being tied to the pilot's body motion actually made sense, rather than a cockpit with levers, buttons, and knobs... which just wouldn't cut it for something that complex.

SD Gundam.... blah. It's the offspring of Pokemon and a very confused Gundam AI.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/6/2009, 3:43 pm

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 6 Icon_lol
    Anyway, according to latest news Unicorn is going into the air around february to march.
    From then it will be for sale and also a PSP/PS3 game it seems.
    The old promos can be found here.

When I last looked at it two years ago, I couldn't find the novels. But *crap* looks like I missed them by a month. The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 6 Icon_cry (Another one I missed by hair's breadth.)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/7/2009, 3:29 pm

I liked OO until the second part of the second season and then it seemed to be just kinda like "well let's throw the entire bathtub into the works" sort of deal.I rather wish that they had spent at least some time with Marina and the kids,at least explain how they escaped that last attack.
    I rather perfer Wing and Seed though.
    As far as new mecha goes,I want some day to get the new Eva movies.
    I also still need to get EOE.
    Every time I about to get it something happens.
    As far as what I'm watching currently,got to ep.2 of Kashimashi.Oddly
    Hazumu(and yes I will learn to write his/her name properly one day)seems to be not as freaked out by his/her situation as Tomari.In fact everyone BUT
    Tomari seems to be taking it in stride.Even Ayuki and Atusi(sp?)seem to take the sudden change in gender more easily than Tomari.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/7/2009, 3:35 pm

I'm kinda alternating between Turn A Gundam and Ranma now....

Turn A is... intriguing based on how they started, but it seems to be taking some liberties
    instead of being more accurate to how you'd think events would work out.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/8/2009, 4:11 pm

I feel like spoiling you both
    but I won't The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 6 Icon_razz
    @mitsuki: It will be a bit sad once you know the secrets.

Turn A has some story parts you may have seen in tenshi and other later series like Blue Gender. The ranma ova start after ranma's mother shows up, imho best part, but the anime never reaches the end of the manga...the rest has been covered by the movies.

Anyway, I'm using my conections to grab some unicorn novels, and some for the new scribclub project. A certain group is already soldering to do the novel translation.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/10/2009, 3:59 pm

After Ranma's real mother shows up or the ep where "mom" turns out to be a circus talent manager?

I'm almost done with turn A.... um how do they figure Endless Waltz was part of the UC (as seen when the Dark History was revealed)? 10,000 years and all we're back up to is combustion engines?
    Shouldn't there be tons of space debris all over? Where'd all the colonies run off too?

Seems like there's a lot of loose ends.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/10/2009, 4:13 pm

After.
    Ranma's mother is a great martialist and woman. She always carries a sword with her for a reason. Wink

I don't remember about Endless Waltz, but the reason why tech is starting over is because all tech has been destroyed. So they started anew from stone age. Same idea as in one captain future episode.(nanites eating metal)
    At one time the colonies broke free and went to the stars. It's said in one of the intros or so.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/10/2009, 4:23 pm

Yeah I'm up to like 46 of 50 eps.

But EW wasn't part of the UC history, just like G Gundam, Etc. (Yet the turn X has a "shining finger").

My point with the colonies being that, no one ever came back or tried to communicate with Earth or the moon? Where'd they go and did anyone survive? Were other worlds colonized?

With the stone age thing, I saw the bit about turn A spreading nanobots all over. But 10,000 years is a huge amount of time. We've done far more than the "earthrace" in the last 350 years.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/10/2009, 6:36 pm

JGZinv wrote:
    But EW wasn't part of the UC history, just like G Gundam, Etc. (Yet the turn X has a "shining finger").
    Yes, still they tried to connect all of them...

My point with the colonies being that, no one ever came back or tried to communicate with Earth or the moon? Where'd they go and did anyone survive? Were other worlds colonized?
    Well, the first thing I thought when it was revealed "my god they will come back and ..." lol
    (Like Macross 7?)

The news I hear now is that the Gundam 00 movie may feature aliens for the first time.

We've done far more than the "earthrace" in the last 350 years.
    The people on the moon got their own problems. Wink
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/10/2009, 7:13 pm

The ending was... kinda average I guess. Semi predictable. Rather sad for Sochie.
    Too bad the Willgame didn't drop on top of Guin, splatter him across a field or two.
    I can foresee wars starting again though, since everyone kept the technology.
    It's not weapons, but men that cause war however.

Oh well, back to Ranma.

I did watch all of 00 like I said, so the premise of something showing up alien ish is kinda interesting. In that universe we evidently don't have colonies that went off and are now returning.

Of course this all assumes it's not going to turn out like Martian Successor Nadesico and be some group we tried to get rid of and now they are ticked off.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/11/2009, 8:37 am

JGZinv wrote:
    Oh well, back to Ranma.
    The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 6 Th_RanmaOVA03-m001The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 6 Th_RanmaOVA03-m002
    Battle in the kitchen! Very Happy 3rd ova and 2nd time ranma's mother shows up.
    IMHO Akane's and ranma's mothers stories are one of the most entertaining aside from the long story arcs like when Akane went missing in the swamps.

I did watch all of 00 like I said, so the premise of something showing up alien ish is kinda interesting. In that universe we evidently don't have colonies that went off and are now returning.

Of course this all assumes it's not going to turn out like Martian Successor Nadesico and be some group we tried to get rid of and now they are ticked off.
    Yeah, I still consider this as rumor, althouth some say they are certain. Some claim connection to some jupitor incident in 00, with lights and all (dunno what)
    In crossbone Tomio created the jupitor empire who plotted to return. So something similar is still possible but unlikely because of less resources beyond jupiter....
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 12/11/2009, 1:03 pm

Ah so Ranma's mother is only in the OVA's?
    No wonder I couldn't find her listed in the TV episodes any where.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 1:06 pm