Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+2
lymhfeubdach
Jinto125
6 posters

Seikai Wikia Page Developments

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17867
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 10 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by mitsuki lover 6/17/2019, 3:22 pm

Though Effect and Affect in fact mean two different things.
    UMie
    UMie
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Number of posts : 11
    Imperial Credits : 3768
    Registration date : 2019-04-24

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 10 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by UMie 6/20/2019, 3:25 am

There will be slight delay (1-1,5 weeks) with the updates schedule.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 6/21/2019, 1:05 pm

Ok. Best to take your time and get it right.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 7/8/2019, 7:36 am

Umie, if you can please join the discord channel. See https://kinofthestars.catsboard.com/t242-discord-server-now-open
    We have lots to discuss about the wiki and your new article. But keep the forum updated, since it's easier to keep track of important things here. Discord is only for discussion that are not necessarily to keep track.

I've cleaned up the wiki of recent spam incursions.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/10/2019, 12:52 pm

Are you going to do bios of the rest of the Bosroil bridge crew any time soon?
    Just wondering.
    UMie
    UMie
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by UMie 7/13/2019, 11:20 am

Almael wrote:Umie, if you can please join the discord channel. See https://kinofthestars.catsboard.com/t242-discord-server-now-open
    We have lots to discuss about the wiki and your new article. But keep the forum updated, since it's easier to keep track of important things here. Discord is only for discussion that are not necessarily to keep track.

I've cleaned up the wiki of recent spam incursions.
    I will see if i can. I am on business trip until the 31 of July, so it might have to wait until that. Feel free to roll back any changes, if you want. I have the code of the articles, they can be republished after any necessary corrections.

mitsuki lover wrote:Are you going to do bios of the rest of the Bosroil bridge crew any time soon?
    Just wondering.
    I would love to, but with recent spike of work-related activities i can't even finish what i have already promised (i did fast analysis on http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Battle_of_Lakfakalle page recently). Should be somewhat easier in August, hovewer, since i will be mostly working remotely.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/14/2019, 1:11 pm

Very well.
    It's fine so far. It's just that the changes are wide ranging so there's confusion about the facts. So me and others expect this to be resolved without need to do changes or only minor ones. It would be nice to have references listed.

I've been cleaning up spamms and started blocking spamming accounts indefinitely.
    If anybody feels he or she has been unjustly blocked you may file a protest and it'll be checked and unblocked if confirmed.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 7/26/2019, 7:36 am

Looks like my account blocking efforts are having some effect. It's nearly two weeks without any bot or suspected accounts being made. Until now they used to come every two or even multiple times a day.
    I hope this will last for months.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 7/26/2019, 3:13 pm

Cross fingers.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/2/2019, 11:39 am

Spams are back. Looks like I can't expect more than that. As they work like clockwork and at most about 1/3 is likely by a human who checks on things if they go wrong I'll have to check more often now. *sighs*

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/2/2019, 12:49 pm

This is why I keep posting here even when I'm the only one doing any posting. It seems the bots and other spammers have field days when forums have infrequent postings.
    UMie
    UMie
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by UMie 8/11/2019, 2:41 am

Ok, i am back. Will start working on updates from tomorrow. You should be able to see me in the Discord as well since tomorrow.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/11/2019, 9:35 pm

Roger that.
    UMie
    UMie
    3rd class crewman
    3rd class crewman

Post by UMie 8/12/2019, 2:27 pm

Ok, i have joined the Discord. i plan to be present since Tuesday from 16:00 to 19:00 GMT on the regular basis. I will likely be present from 9:00 to 14:00 GMT as well, but may have to switch my attention for other things.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/18/2019, 5:11 pm

I think I'll start adding more original japanese writings to articles to improve reference and verification checks.
    It will be a slow going progress at best since I would be forced to look through all the dictionary materials.

It would be nice of those of use who reread the whole saga at this time can provide novel references to the articles.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/25/2019, 12:50 pm

I think it be nice if people posted both here and on Discord.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/2/2019, 3:26 pm

Yeah, but discord is more convenient for smartphones so I guess that's one reason.

Anyhow, recently I've got a reply on options how to deal with spams. I'm undecided yet mostly due to my limited time. I'm just not sure yet how to handle the management. None of the options are perfect but some will have immediate effect; especially the password like option where you gotta get it from some page. Capcha is another but technologically already outdated. Today's tech can defeat it (if they wanted to).
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/30/2019, 4:14 pm

Hundreds of spam over the holydays!

Anyhow, updated entries for the new J-Novel translations. This now includes Bots2 to be out Feb.22nd 2020.
    Also entry for the new "Seikai Complete BD-box" that cam out this xmas.
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Publications
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Media

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:17 pm