Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+2
lymhfeubdach
Jinto125
6 posters

Seikai Wikia Page Developments

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12445
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 5 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by spoor356 10/1/2016, 5:41 pm

Ok. Your call then.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18924
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 5 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by Almael 10/1/2016, 8:20 pm

Well, for the sake of definitions let me draw up these relations of terms.

ranking or size of fighting
    --------abstract level
    War/conflict
    (battle)
    battle/campaign/invasion/expedition
    operation                (final line between strategy & tactic)
    battle
    ---------
    skirmish/clash/engagement (type definition: interdiction (strategic), intervention (tactical))
    ---------purely physical level
    action/combat/fighting/encounter

level of warfare
    -----------no rules
    Extermination War
    Total War/Unlimited War
    -----------rules
    War [(Limited/General) War/Progressive War]
    Containment/Economic warfare
    Boycott
    civil war

If there are other terms to consider just name them!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/1/2016, 8:35 pm

Here are some citations for use to dig, organize, disseminate, integrate, and represent with the wiki. And don't mind the inconsistent Tokyopop Baronh writting.

Spoiler:
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/3/2016, 10:28 am

It's really hard to follow the text sadly. I understand the layers or context of the battles. If you want the separate article for the Battle of Lakfakalle, which the stand of the guard will be linked within I think, then let's get started. We'll need to shorten Operation Phoenix, and I think I will need to remove the cross beside Ramaj, so that way that spoiler will appear really only in the main article.

Spoor's battle then should probably the 2nd Battle of Kryb, although it's position is different relative to the original. That avoids the problem of interdiction, intervention, or what have you.

Thank you for pointing out that someone else back in the Abh nation made the Aptic Campaign article. I never wanted it named that. Hopefully now since we agree on this, we can rename some of those articles, but that may require major copy and pasting.

I'll try to flesh out Ramaj today, but I am work and out of a lot of sleep due to a fuse box fire on Saturday that knocked out my power. Anyway, talk to you later.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/3/2016, 11:34 am

Luckily, Operation Phoenix does not have too many battle specifics for tactics or events as they unfold, so now I feel best creating the article of the Battle of Lakfakalle.

I have already moved the three invasion plans from Operation Phoenix over to Operation Snow Crystal. Snow Crystal is almost done, it needs some touching up which I will try to see to today, but I cannot guarantee it.

The Battle of Lakfakalle, I see there was a suicide attack on Febdash fortress. I must not fully understand positioning, but I will include what I can once more details come out.

I have used a place-holder name for now in the campaign box for the Lakfakalle Campaign, which I think we both agree will include the overall list for all the events prior to, including, and immediately following the Battle of Lakfakalle. It makes sense to include a human campaign in there. If we have its official name that would be grand, unless it's the second attempt of the same name Operation Hercules.

I will also try to write more colorful bios. Thank you again for all your time and help.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/5/2016, 10:20 am

It's fine just do it.

The problems with wiki(pedia) is if people hesitate information just gets lost forever. I rather have than not. You never know when what will becoming important in the future. So there are times I don't agree with the relevance criteria.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/5/2016, 11:59 am

Hello there,

Generally if I see it there, I will definitely keep it exactly there on that same philosophy, I'd rather have too much information even if it's more relevant elsewhere. All I did in the case of the plans against Hania was copy what was under Operation Phoenix and move it to Operation Snow Crystal. I hope you like it.

So the only thing I'd like is what should we call Spoor's action? Battle of Sord "XXXX", 2nd Battle of Lakfakalle, or something more colorful? I can start writing it once we get a title so that way we'll have more information.

Could I get more details on the Battle of Lakfakalle? I do not know how the suicide attack is staged. I saw that Lafiel was tasked with moving the memorial stones from another source, so perhaps we can flesh that out too.

Hard get to everything done at work and class, so I'll keep you posted as best I can.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/5/2016, 2:21 pm

In this case rather than colorful I prefer creative thinking:
    Relieve at dawn
    Escaping death
    The wild raven/Lashkau

Uhm, not certain on details:
    the enemy breaks through, the fortresses move in, firing their last rounds, attempting suicide and hope to take some with them
    I dunno which fortresseses : the dedicated sord or the attachment to the abriel ship... there are hundreds.
    pp187 is where these takes place
    Lameimar gave permission for last resort
    the fortresses crash into enemies appearing from the gate
    enemy fleet remaining 80% UMK; 20% Alkont & People's; 2 Hania ships
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/5/2016, 2:44 pm

That latter part of fleet proportion is vital. I can use that. I didn't need to know which or what fortress, I just needed an idea of what was happening. I didn't know it was an Abh kamikaze attack. That does make me wonder what Febdash was doing there, so I am trying to think how I would write it. I imagine the Guard's stand is separate from that attack.

As for the post Lakfakalle, all your creative names are colorful. I think then simply "Spoor's Arrival" may work. If not that, then "The Wild Ravens' Attack", 7th Rescue, Spoor's Rescue, Saving the Sacred Convoy, or the original name I gave 7th Fleet's Counterattack.

I think we're close to writing that one next. I'll have a lot for Lakfakalle by this afternoon.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/5/2016, 3:43 pm

It's a good death at the end of life. Seeing the young go for a future...

unnamed operative wrote:
    This is a good death.
    There's no shame in this, in a man's death.
    A man who has done fine works.
    We're making a better world.
    All of them, better worlds.

Laughing
    7th's appearance will do.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/5/2016, 4:11 pm

?_?

Anyway, I will try to add material to the Battle of Lakfakalle now.

I will remove the place holder name, and edit the templates to read "7th Fleet's Counterattack".
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/5/2016, 4:39 pm

*saving reference for Lakfakalle*

"grab them by the belt buckle"

Harold G. Moore; Joseph L. Galloway (1992). We Were Soldiers Once ... and Young — Ia Drang: the battle that changed the war in Vietnam. Random House. ISBN 0-679-41158-5. Retrieved February 10, 2011.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/7/2016, 1:57 am

Will have to find the name of that tactic. It's basically closing the distance to prevent the enemy from using its longer range weapons or because he has ammo or because he's a larger force. Thereby, taking away his advantage. Got to look at Alexander the Great vs. Persian King's battles.
    Edit: I guess it's basically a "frontal assault".

Well, I only made minor edits to the Battle of Lafakalle. Haven't time for the others. Created new article that where just waiting... You should be able to fill in. There's probably more that could go into. I'm just undecided or don't know.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/7/2016, 7:07 am

What's the new article? I will look in to it Very Happy I just hope you will continue to be up front and provide feedback.

Edit:

Hey, I noticed you changed the casualties.

"enemy fleet remaining 80% UMK; 20% Alkont & People's; 2 Hania ships"

So if that's the remaining fleet the total casualties would be the the subtracted value, unless those numbers were supposed to be the casualties. I won't change it until a reply is made, at least until the end of the day that is.

I want to thank you for the additions you made. Those other articles I'll likely need you to write those out.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/7/2016, 7:46 am

Just the hall of remembrance, hero memorial monument.

Oops, wasn't that fleet composition? Shocked Argh, I'm loosing my concentration at night too often.

Well, we'll see. Gotta go.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/7/2016, 11:33 am

Excellent, since you're a bit more adept in formatting and quotation, I really do want to include that quote, or an adaptation of it:

"This is a good death.
    There's no shame in this, in a man's death.
    A man who has done fine works.
    We're making a better world.
    All of them, better worlds."

I mean it does bear great resemblance to Charles Dickens, a Tale of Two Cities:

"I see the lives for which I lay down my life, peaceful, useful, prosperous and happy . . . I see that I hold a sanctuary in their hearts, and in the hearts of their descendants, generations hence . . . It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/7/2016, 10:06 pm

Np, just tell which one exactly you want.

Of course writers these days are influenced by all previous works from all over the world. You can't really avoid copying ideas whether you do it consciously or not.
    Unless you got lots of life experience or first hand stories or other life sources to draw on or extremely intelligent and creative. I think there are virtually non (famous alive).
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/8/2016, 12:01 am

Well since I do want to establish pages of the authors such as you, me, Jinto, and Mitsuki, hmm . . .

I would say, *rubs chin* well I did not realize your quote came from Serenity, that makes me sad. In any case, I would set it up like this since now Lakfakalle's article is pretty long.

I would choose Dickens and the source is "Purportedly, Lander Laburece serviceman during the evacuation, explaining the passing of the Empress to a child under his supervision." Something nice and tear-jerky. Razz

I've also updated Trife's and Kahyul's pages. I realize somehow I had a lot more to say about Kahyul than Trife, which is weird. I need to work on Neres next.

Anything you want to edit or want me to focus on?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/8/2016, 12:16 am

I'm certain there are passages quote-able within the novel from baron febdash as well as what Lameimar & co. think. They just need translated which may be ready at the end of the year. -_-;
    For a wiki always make notes of what need be done so you can go back and remember it.

Nice additions.

Nothing pressing comes to mind other than difficult template stuff. Well, generally the anime & character & episode articles are bare bone. I guess these need most work due to new fan interest. Otherwise you are free to snoop around. The wiki's big... anything could need work. I'm not worried about it growing since there's plenty more that could get in.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/8/2016, 7:21 pm

Well I mean quotes for the Battle of Lakfakalle. I will try to review my resources and include what may fit, or any apocryphal material that would fit.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/10/2016, 4:27 pm

Finally, "Spectacular Insanity" is done, more or less. I hesitate to use that phrase, since any article can change or be improved, but it finally has a lot of content for both Admirals Bebaus.

Now that leaves for me to work on Kenesh and Ramaj. Anyway, keep be abreast of projects I should focus (or embellish) on.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/12/2016, 12:33 am

*Notes to Self*

Get screenshots for Bebaus's plan of action
    Include screenshot of council of war prior to Aptic.
    Double back to first season to get more screenshots of Trife and Kahyul.
    Revisit Sufugnoff/Sufagnoff and collect images to replace broken links.
    Gather more material for 1st Fleet Phantom Flame and Admiral Spoor for website.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/12/2016, 10:26 am

If you rewatch the anime do make notes so you can write something into those anime articles. If only I didn't lose all those drives I would have stuff to add. Some are irreplaceable. ;_;

I have put the translation project back on track but the text appears to be more troublesome than expected. Morioka just had to make it more difficult than before.
    I don't expect the first half to have much for the wiki. Anyway, chapter 1 to be released in about two weeks depending on proof reading process and life matters.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/12/2016, 11:31 am

I feel daft for asking this but what anime articles? Do we have articles where we provide a full synopsis? I was approaching this as a faux-military historian and amateur biographer.

On any note, I will continue working on the material. What in particular are you missing since I've gotten the DVDs. I'll keep everyone informed.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/12/2016, 12:09 pm

Well, just take a look at these and navigate through the navigation boxes. Lots of work needed here.
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Seikai_no_Senki
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Anime
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Seikai_Novels
    There are some bugs in the wiki setup. I already addressed them and are supposed to be fixed already but still something not working right. The code within the article are (mostly) correct, though.

Well, from the top of my head I lost all my Seikai screenshot collection; all original japanese TV releases; all artbook-, doushinji-, book-, DVD-, LD-, VHS-, CD-, posters-, Magazines-, cover-, Danshou- scans; all the PC, PS, PS2 game backups & mods & translations; other Morioka novels... around 60+ GB.
    The TV releases had scenes not found anywhere for example:

Cots movie
      -the female communications officer from the base over Sufagnoff was a man
      -featured the UMK spy satellite

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:59 am