Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+2
lymhfeubdach
Jinto125
6 posters

Seikai Wikia Page Developments

spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12503
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 6 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by spoor356 10/12/2016, 12:17 pm

I'll see what strings I can pull to get you some of the data back, though obviously I cannot guarantee success. On that note, well I'll see about creating a back up I suppose of some of the articles, though I am wondering how best to go about that.

Talk to you later if I can get some more information or make the updates for you.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Seikai Wikia Page Developments - Page 6 Empty Re: Seikai Wikia Page Developments

Post by Almael 10/12/2016, 10:44 pm

Over a decade of collection, backed up on numerous drives but to no avail...
    Burning discs are still best for back up if only 1 TB disc would be affordable these day three years ago. I know they exist even back then...
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/12/2016, 11:01 pm

I'll see if I can pull any resources like I said . . . I mean . . . Sorry.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/13/2016, 1:29 pm

Currently editing my user page Very Happy heh-heh
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/13/2016, 1:35 pm

"Mad Historian"? That's good. Laughing
    I think those people are usually called weirdos.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni_Monument
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/13/2016, 2:36 pm

Right, you may want to edit yours sometime, as I develop the fictive history of myself.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/13/2016, 9:30 pm

I wonder should I really do it...
    I guess I will create a linked page on it wouldn't hurt.

Edit: There you go. Added an alternative disambiguous link at the top of the header of my page.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/14/2016, 9:42 am

Ah, so I suppose his interviews with Mr. Raven are classified. Heh-heh. Well I'll get back to the normal work then. Time to refine Ramaj's page and touch up the other material. I still need to edit the other Operation Phoenix pages for the fleets. I hope you do not mind I removed "ragtag" from these articles and simply called them emergency ones. Feel free to review and provide feedback please.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/17/2016, 2:07 pm

Overhauled the Operation Twin Thorns page.

Updated and overhauled the Battle of Kemal.

Preparing for Battles of Mairal and Elkon Gates article, let me know if you have any feedback before I write it.

As an aside, why does it feel like Mairal was like the Abh version of the Battle of Fredericksburg? I mean to be fair Kemal seemed similar, but at least there, there were three enemy fleets trounced entirely from what I can see.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/17/2016, 3:38 pm

Well, due to the sords serving as chock-points all the battles are somewhat similar.

If I were to compare the tactical/strategic options available, the "terrain" etc. and the resulting decisions/movements there are other better ones.
    Operation Chariot is similar to the attack carried out by the attack ships: breaching the door (not really since it's only that part)
    The way forces converge is very common e.g. the Battle of Vienna where allied forces were split into two armies (if I remember right).
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/17/2016, 3:53 pm

No problem, as an aside I realize the edits I've made make Kemal and Twin Thorns long articles now, which , is suitable for the a historical entry I hope.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/18/2016, 4:42 pm

Created the "Battles of Mairal and Elkon Gates" page. Review as needed and we can try breaking it up if you feel that's the most appropriate thing. It has the outline so far, but the introduction and battle template are ready. I will work on it further soon enough.

I will need to return to Ramaj's page. I don't know if I informed everyone of the update to Kufadis's page, so I will put that here.

Will return to Mr. Raven's page later.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/19/2016, 11:10 am

The Battles of Mairal and Elkon Gates is done. It's slightly longer than the page for Operation Phantom Flame, but shorter than the Aptic Campaign page. Review the details as you may like, I feel it flows as it should.

I still need to take time to edit Duhir, Lexhue, Ramaj, Kotoponi, and Debusec's pages. I may do that after I create the stand of the guard. Might need some aesthetic changes for the campaign box so we can note that Operation Phoenix includes the three last engagements of the Lakfakalle Campaign. Nesting those articles will be fairly difficult.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/19/2016, 1:24 pm

They should be separated. Even though they are part of one campaign they take place at different, far off sites. And are not connected even on the planning level as both are under different commands.
    So just move the parts necessary and rename.

I don't see a problem in the campaign info box template. All you need is add-up the * to create nested listings.
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/20/2016, 11:27 am

Hello there,

So blasted browser keeps locking up on some pages so I will paste some resources here for me to use later today or tomorrow:

http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Gemudeiju [Ship]

http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Salim_system

http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Bundeiju

http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Guderusu [Partial Fleet]

Battle of Dinin Gate (ディニン門)

I am currently Editing Snow Crystal to make it more robust and include engagements that I had previously conflated with the Lakfakalle Campaign. Will take some work, but seems like some items are over looked. For instance, the order of battle for Snow Crystal was missing the 1st and 5th Fleets, even though there is an article for the 5th fleet. Time to flesh those out as it seems these are the key battles I keep alluding to for Kotoponi's effort to break herself out. I didn't read much on them until today.

So now I know the decree or her orders at least now appear to consolidate her forces and prepare for a counter attack since there are multiple encirclements happening. Anyway, I'll keep updating here.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/20/2016, 5:07 pm

I've found out there are hardcoded links to wikia. I dunno who made those but I will hunt them down!
    Also related to this for future edits when linking to wikipedia or other wikis use this advanced linking (example):
    Code:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warship
    [[Wikipedia:Warship|warship]]

[[Wikia:Help:Tutorial 1|tutorial]]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Revan
    [[Wikia:c:starwars:Darth_Revan|Darth_Revan]]

Also Darth Revan in
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Abriel_Dusanyu
    needs be replaced with real world example.
    He reinforces particularly important fleets so that they will be too massive to defeat at the expense of leaving others greatly undermanned and at times under-supplied
    I'm thinking of how in WWI the french relied on their fortress defense line only to be ignored by the smarter Germans who simply bypassed and conquered the land behind.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maginot_Line
    (The same way I did in playing LoGH as Yang Wink see game play thread)
    Similarly, Japanese Island fortification and the counter island-hopping strategy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_hopping
    Maybe some other better example?
    Or as opposing example for millenia rulers have fortified castles (Edward I's fearsome Iron ring of colossal fortresses) and cities (Babylon) only to play no part in their defeat.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/20/2016, 6:59 pm

Alright, replaced all wikia links that should remain within the wiki.
    Fixed conflicting parameters due to dumb C-esque programming in Template Battle calling Template T with parameters '1' and conditional shortcut use of '1'. Duh.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/21/2016, 7:43 pm

Just a memo on a new possible feature.
    It's possible to use information within an info box to sort and list the article in a list or table.
    For example, listing all characters with blue hair. To do this the parameter "hair" and its value "blue hair" are use and sorted out. Obviously, stringent parameter nomenclatura has to be kept for this to work. (no C++ esque crap!)
    If you got an idea for application just come forward (link her as reminder).

And check out the variable bar feature!
    http://seikai.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Diaho
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/24/2016, 12:52 pm

I swear, I will eventually edit Eryuka's page at some point.

In the meantime, editing the Roil, Lauth, and soon the other classes to try to make the pages more uniform. Already messed up a little for the Lauth, but I will organize it later I guess.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/24/2016, 1:54 pm

Yeah, it's easy to mess up e.g. the categories so look them up first.
    Those category pages need a bit of definition text, too. Everyone got a reason to exist so be careful. I see some non-canon stuff/information. I think we should set the text color to say orange and made a note so people don't take think those as canon. The MegaWatt stuff for example. I dunno who came up with these but they are not one fro my scientific/technical analysis provided at my old Laburec Library site...

http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/seikai/Abh-Weapons.htm
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/24/2016, 2:27 pm

Hello there,

Ok, well we can use the notation of non-canon information. For a point of reference, I used Star Trek numbers for shield output to try to give a physical element to what these ships may be capable of. Feel free to remove them. I will try to access the website later when I am not at work.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/24/2016, 2:54 pm

You mean the numbers Graham Kennedy started providing @ www.ditl.org sometime around 2000? Well, they were very fandomish simple to begin with. I have long come to a better understanding of phaser/shield physics equations. (It seems to have made leaps & bounds or holes and data provided are not complete. My human mind is not powerful enough to give a better proximation than 80-90%) It's been lying around and gathering dust for years. Never came around to write more than the intro paragraphs to my 3rd handbook. Hmm need to check whether I lost some of it... ;_;
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Post by spoor356 10/24/2016, 4:19 pm

Well I would try using Memory Beta and Memory Alpha; however, I don't fancy attempting to establish a proxy to access Wikia. Luckily for us, wikishout is accessible at work, but wikia websites are not, which is madness for me. Anyway, I will try to give better numbers.

My rationale more or less was just to provide internal reference:

Roil-class maybe having half the shielding of a patrol type, or less. Comparable to say maybe a Oberth-class science vessel (Roil's aren't Defiants after all).

Then the age and such for the classes larger would be Byrsh, Lauth, Kau, in my mind, Ambassador, Galaxy, Sovereign outputs.

I haven't made edits for the other pages, so I will leave it be for now until I can review more information or if you want to revise the pages I have touched on the two classes (Lauth and Roil).
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/24/2016, 6:49 pm

Wikia being blocked hehe. Anyway, the only semi-canon Star Trek tech stats are from the TNG technical manual. Don't trust wikia alpha, nowaday it's going down the drain with JJ Abrams' crap being included as canon.

Yes, that works if you compare in terms of absolute energy output (all is relative as long as same tech is concerned). But not when it comes down to field strength... the ability or effectiveness to go against certain types so to say.

I think I wrote something about the background of the tech in the wiki. But suffice to say Morioka is an old school scifi fan or at least he is using those terms in an old fashion. For example, the electromagetic shields in seikai are based on associating electromagnetic waves. As light is also an electromagetic wave it works against laser.

I trust it's not too bad to immediate require action on my part.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/25/2016, 7:10 am

Note to self
    I just remember a few things
    2 years ago the wiki layout was change
    -possibility of creating dynamic frame art by using voodoo magic
    1 year ago #invocation activated
    -possible alternative article name in articles verses wiki file name
    needs work to get it to work

all-time problem template wrap-up forces line break after (certain) template call see wikipedia nightmare cleanup of 2005-9.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Advanced_text_formatting
    If need be use
    Code:

after quotation marks to prevent wrapping line breaks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 8:59 am