Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

2 posters

Manga University

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17867
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Manga University Empty Manga University

Post by mitsuki lover 7/22/2009, 2:38 pm

For anyone wanting to find a easy and fun way of learning Japanese there is a series of booklets out called Manga University.They are orange covered and each one deals with a different aspect of learning Japanese.
    For example the one I have is called:Kana de Manga and teaches the basics of hiragana and
    katakana.On the left side they have the hiragana symbol and on the right the corresponding katakana symbol.What makes it so fun and easy to study is that each page has a cartoon picture of an object or person with an object that starts with the letter that the symbol
    symbolizes.
    For example for the hiragana symbol for the letter Yo there is a picture of a fairy and the Japanese word for fairy yosei.Another example is that the katakana for Ku is accompanied by the word kujira Japanese for whale and a picture of a whale.
    Also each page has a place at the bottom where you can practice writing the symbol.There's also space in the back for more practice.
    So if you want to learn Japanese but are scared of all those more serious looking books and booklets out there why not take a stab at the
    Manga University franchise.And why not have fun while you learn? lol!
    tanis1lionheart
    tanis1lionheart
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 198
    Imperial Credits : 11610
    Registration date : 2009-05-06

Manga University Empty Re: Manga University

Post by tanis1lionheart 7/23/2009, 11:54 am

Heheh...

I've been using 'Rosetta Stone' & 'My Japanese Trainer (DS)'.

Bleh
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17867
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 7/24/2009, 1:58 pm

Yeah,I hear that Rosetta Stone is one of the best for learning on the computer.
    Manga University only costs $10 plus tax per booklet so its inxepensive.
    Actually when you get into it you find that katakana and hiragana aren't that hard to learn.It just takes time and a lot of reviewing.
    If a six year old Japanese child can learn them then anyone should be able to learn them.Just takes patience.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:43 pm