Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+7
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
Schwenkdawg
mitsuki lover
AlexT
JGZinv
11 posters

Random Thought

JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 681
    Imperial Credits : 12686
    Registration date : 2009-03-17

Random Thought - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by JGZinv 6/16/2009, 8:16 pm

I'm a bit like that...

Trying to fix other people's comps today, so my rig is offline.
    I do believe Windows Vista is the worst OS since ME. Not sure who'd win the crown.
    Vista is soooooooooooo friggen slow. ME would crash 97 times, but it might get there.

3.2 Ghz P4 with a gig of ram, and one of my old 333 MHz 256 KB ram comps running Win 98 could beat this thing. Oy vey.

Been trying Win 7 beta for my htpc, it's ok... not sure I'd like it for a main comp unless I gutted a few more annoying "features" out of it. Popping up every two minutes to ask if I want to allow something is annoying. There's less of it in 7 than Vista... but still.

AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12504
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by AlexT 6/17/2009, 6:52 am

JGZinv wrote:
    I do believe Windows Vista is the worst OS since ME. Not sure who'd win the crown.
    Vista is soooooooooooo friggen slow. ME would crash 97 times, but it might get there.
    Not a single problem with Vista for almost 2 years now...compared to ME, 98 and even XP it's excelent OS and performance only grew (i do benchmarks and tweak stuff a lot, so i'm not newbie).
    Just don't use ancient hardware to run stuff that wasn't designed for it. Vista = 2 cores and 2gb ram minumum.
    Single core CPU has major problems running OS that assume you can process at least 2 threads at time. P4 do have hyper threading but it only make things worse when it's trying to act like 2 real cores under real 2 core load.

Windows 7 is so fast and light that netbooks can run it. So i think you'r using wrong hardware to measure OS performance.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19028

Post by Almael 6/17/2009, 12:04 pm

Well, faster comps are always making some slowness away, but can't really solve the software problem, however, newer comps come with better adjusted updates.

IMHO Vista is s**t, it has more inconveniences than gains. I see a bluescreen once every week, and often it changes my resolution whenever I open the lid. I assure you these has been confirmed on several new comps, so it's not due to old comp. Although, the newer less capable one doesn't crash as often as the faster older one, but still same problem.
    And most importantly I can't cheat in games! Not that I do cheat because I'm bad but sometimes I want to rush through a game.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 6/18/2009, 7:56 am

Almael wrote:Well, faster comps are always making some slowness away, but can't really solve the software problem, however, newer comps come with better adjusted updates.
    No, it's not about faster comps - it's about technologies. Vista gets more FPS in games with modern hardware than XP - it's proven fact. XP core is not capable in effectively utilizing 4 core processors, high speed memory, GPU etc etc.
    Vista is only slow for old computers that are unable to offer enough memory or GPU for it's Aero (if it's slow - turn down aero!) but otherwise it's very stable (not a single crash in 2 years). Same experience for everyone i know who used Vista. Of corse those are up to date average configurations with 2 core CPUs and 4 gb of ram.
    Driver mechanism is better in Vista, native support for a lot of stuff too - you need tons of updates for XP to get it where Vista is (though Vista need updates too)
    Ever tried installing/using tablet with XP? Wi-Fi? Bluetooth? Handheld device synchronization, usb drives and connect sata on the fly? Evil or Very Mad
    I usualy only hear complains about Vista from ppl who use only basic functions PC, never update their Vista, use outdated software.And most problems are caused by users themselves or incorrect configuration of hardware.
    BSOD on Vista? You probably have broken ram, misconfigured timings/chipset PL parameters, FSP, maybe old PSU or capacitors on motherboard are old and provide incorrect voltages to cpu/ram... many reasons. geek

Anyway, here's something for you to watch Almael lol!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WA90u0f0Y&feature=channel
    lymhfeubdach
    lymhfeubdach
    Rear Flyer
    Rear Flyer

Number of posts : 116
    Imperial Credits : 11519
    Registration date : 2009-03-24

Post by lymhfeubdach 6/19/2009, 1:46 am

I'am just going be glad when this week is over, the times they have going in to work in crazy. Mon. it from 5:30to11:00 then next day from 2:00to 11p.m and today 1:00 to 10:00p.m.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/19/2009, 6:57 am

Good for you.
    Day to day shifting worktime is the worst. On the other side, working at a small store is even worst when there is nobody else. Here it's normal to work 16 hours a day all year, and no day off.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/21/2009, 2:51 pm

AlexT wrote:
    No, it's not about faster comps - it's about technologies.

Anyway, here's something for you to watch Almael lol!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WA90u0f0Y&feature=channel

No, it's about a relyable system which also mean long term use, management and trouble shooting. As you always change to new hardware everytime you run into problems you never do the trouble shooting or management, hence, you don't understand or see the problems there are.

Oh, that's Acid's harem ship. Now that he is gone so is his harem....So we need a new harem. Who wants to be the new harem master? Twisted Evil Hmmm...

I have been looking for some of the old (holy) resources on the net only to find them gone forever. Sad No ScriptClub, Anna's, etc...It's all gone! Sad Only two are left....Doi's & Adachi's.
    Of course the o-so-great internet-archive has no bit of them. Evil or Very Mad
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 6/21/2009, 5:22 pm

Yeah I've got thousands of links... better than half are dead and gone sadly.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/21/2009, 7:13 pm

While I was tracking down the last chapters of Shin KOR3 I found that Rob's page got banned. What's going on here? Evil or Very Mad
    At least Unitoba is alive, one of the servers. cheers *tries to check other servers*

Hmm...I need to refesh all the novels. Oh and there are some new KOC chapter over the last ...years.

Edit: They even banned berkeley!, but it's still alive, though.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/23/2009, 2:27 pm

I found a note of reviving a scriptclub-esque server, I was happy that I discuss it too much and spilled the beans of being a former member. Now, I have been 'asked' to provide the incrediens. Well, I told them I could provide some.
    I actually had good connections in certain exclusive circles in the past and hence have more treasures. The problem is I do wish to share but I can't quite trust these guys yet.
    1. They don't have a running server yet.
    2. Their so called security measures is against the spirit of free sharing of the bygone Scriptclub. Who knows if they actually keep it all for themselves.
    3. So called trustworthy core members are so called trustworthy subgroup leaders. They seem 'new' to me, though.
    4. The future of this archive is uncertain...they haven't talked anything yet about how to secure its existence.

So I think I will sit back and watch. Anyway, I have been going through the first back-up discs and realized how much have been lost in these short years. Too back I wasn't a collector all this time. Of all the 1TB on scriptclub I have just 0.05%. 2/3 are my own uploaded stuff. -_-
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 6/23/2009, 2:38 pm

I found a note of reviving a scriptclub-esque server, I was happy that
    I discuss it too much and spilled the beans of being a former member.
    Now, I have been 'asked' to provide the incrediens. Well, I told them I
    could provide some.
    I actually had good connections in certain exclusive circle

Honestly I have no clue what you are talking about... a translation group?

I set myself on fire plugging extension cords together. Had the sense to unplug
    the cords before it caught some gas cans and highly flammable insulation on fire too.
    I'll live...

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/23/2009, 2:47 pm

JGZinv wrote:
    Honestly I have no clue what you are talking about... a translation group?

I set myself on fire plugging extension cords together. Had the sense to unplug
    the cords before it caught some gas cans and highly flammable insulation on fire too.
    I'll live...
    Oh, no honorable scars? lol!

Scriptclub was a server which provided scripts and translations of any and I mean any series for free. A service from fans for fans. I joined it pretty much when I started out as an anime fan. Scriptclub was closed around 2006. After about a decade of service.
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 6/23/2009, 3:50 pm

Ah that is a shame...

Wish I could get a group to help translate the official Tenchi doujinshi or Dual manga.
    There's a lot of text in the doujins, but the mangas are really short. At one time I got a couple
    pages converted over with help from a proofreader. Had some others get about 10 pages
    converted... but they've vanished on me.

As to the fire... I rigged up a 8 ft PVC tube and an air compressor so I could blow ceiling fluff insulation back up to the roof which I am fixing. The extension was so I wouldin't have to go over to the wall each time the thing ran low.

Well I had just got my gloves off, put the two ends together and it 'cuted my thumb. Burst into flames larger than you see associated with welding.... I dropped the cord which hit the ladder I had them tied too... and managed to scoot around it to get to the wall to unhook it. I got a flash blister and some spark type marks, and of course the thumb. But I'm really fortunate to not have been in worse shape.

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_P1010879

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_P1010886

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_P1010884

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_P1010883

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_P1010887

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/23/2009, 4:16 pm

JGZinv wrote:Wish I could get a group to help translate the official Tenchi doujinshi or Dual manga.
    There's a lot of text in the doujins, but the mangas are really short. At one time I got a couple
    pages converted over with help from a proofreader. Had some others get about 10 pages
    converted... but they've vanished on me.

As to the fire... I rigged up a 8 ft PVC tube and an air compressor so I could blow ceiling fluff insulation back up to the roof which I am fixing. The extension was so I wouldin't have to go over to the wall each time the thing ran low.
    Hmm, I didn't expect the isolation material to catch fire that easily. The modern ones are supposed to resist to some extend.... You're really lucky, it could have spread or so. -_-

I think there are translation groups for those....I dunno, though, where they are. Google should be able to dig them out... hmm.

Yeah, scriptclub was were everyone put on the translations and transcript, and some more. But of course the stuff could be found somewhere else by the author's sites or other servers at the time, but those are all gone. fansub.net is still there as web and ftp server, but it's exclusive.

Edit: here are your translation groups:
    tetratranslations.
    Hentai-ENishi.com
    Quite a community....
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 6/23/2009, 4:31 pm

I didn't see anything Tenchi or Dual related there. Really need a adult warning on there.

I'm talking about this kind of stuff I need translated.

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_scan30001

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_StaffInterview

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_AzuKoma0

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_AzuKomaProgress1

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_TranslationProgress

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_TranslationCompleted

Random Thought - Page 4 Th_AIC5TennisManga1

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/23/2009, 4:47 pm

Aren't these from Newtype or some such? If so there *cough* should be a translation availble.
    Don't look complicated to get the comic part done....the text interview, well....
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 6/23/2009, 5:02 pm

They are from various sources.

AIC LOVE comics
    The Azumanga AIC collection 2
    Several Kajishima Masaki doujins
    AIC Press vol 1
    Dual! Graphic Data-File

The mangas were short stories, usually only a couple pages each, then there were a bunch of 4-komas.

mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17933
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 6/24/2009, 1:38 pm

When I was lurking around the Animenation Forums last week I read where the rumor has it that Vic Mignona plans on quitting the VA gig and going into full time ministry.Don't know if this has been discussed here lately.
    I also looked it up and found that well his fangirls might be sad the news doesn't seem to be drawing much in the way of weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Really most seem to have a more or less meh attitude to the rumor.
    Ok...so when it comes to FMA I happen to like Hawkeye.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 6/26/2009, 6:15 am

They say Michael Jackson died. Poor guy. This summer do not bring much luck to people for sure.
    New work began with almost complete loss of important cargo important cargo - plane got delayed. Had to spend a few more terrible days running between offices under the sun. Thankfuly it was solved and rest was smooth so far. And why air conditioners are never where they needed the most?
    Can't wait for the day whem i'm back home full time, drawing stuff. The day that never comes.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17933
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 6/26/2009, 11:43 am

Farah Fawcett also died.
    I see where they think that the train crash in D.C. was caused by faulty technology.Appears that the system couldn't tell that there was another train already on the track.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/26/2009, 1:43 pm

AlexT wrote:They say Michael Jackson died.
    Damn Jacko, leaving without a last performance. Where's ya professionality?! Evil or Very Mad
    *sigh* At least I'll get to see all the old music videos again.
    On the other side he won't do anything Bad anymore...

mitsuki lover wrote:Farah Fawcett also died.
    I see where they
    think that the train crash in D.C. was caused by faulty
    technology.Appears that the system couldn't tell that there was another
    train already on the track.
    *sigh* around this time all the great celebrities are disaapearing. one after another...

It seems the trains didn't have an autonomous distance sensor. Although this wouldn't have avoided a crash it would have cause the coming one to break, hence, reduce the impact somewhat.

AlexT wrote:
    New work began with almost complete loss of important cargo important cargo - plane got delayed.
    NY?
    "You lost a another ship?" lol! Tsk, so much for your satelite tracking system. Get a spy phone! lol!
    Hmph, being stranded in a city like NY is fortunate compared to some other US cities, believe me.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 6/26/2009, 3:05 pm

Why, you don't like Michael Jackson? All that accusations are made up to get money from him. He's not that stupid to get caught like that even if he's pervert.

Speaking about perverts - - can Abhs change gender? Very Happy I mean - geneticaly - what if they feel like they are not male/female and want to correct things, is that possible with 100% effect?
    Almael wrote:

"You lost a another ship?" lol! Tsk, so much for your satelite tracking system. Get a spy phone! lol!
    Hmph, being stranded in a city like NY is fortunate compared to some other US cities, believe me.
    It was plane. not ship. Problem with customs. And it's New WORK (job). I was (and still) extremely tired as i wrote this. I'm not getting offered work in New York unfortunately (or fortunately?). Though it probably would be nice. Last time i saw NY was in "Prototype" game, but there was zombies all around and then it got nuked Shocked
    Anyway - It's bad when stuff gets missing - it's kinda my responsibility atm.
    What spy phone? All spies use regular cellulars, except ones in movies. Thankfuly i'm no spy and hopefuly never will be - that kind of work is not romantic and dull Cool
    JGZinv
    JGZinv
    Admin
    Admin

Post by JGZinv 6/26/2009, 4:39 pm

I bought a Jazzmaster today... she shall be shipped Monday.

94-95 Japanese '62 reissue with hard case. $600
    in aged white creme. Not the one I wanted, but still a pretty darn good deal
    and the seller had a good cause for the money.

Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 6/27/2009, 3:10 pm

AlexT wrote:Why, you don't like Michael Jackson?

All that accusations are made up to get money from him. He's not that stupid to get caught like that even if he's pervert.

Speaking about perverts - - can Abhs change gender? Very Happy I mean - geneticaly - what if they feel like they are not male/female and want to correct things, is that possible with 100% effect?
    Why are you interested?

No comment.

They can do as much as nowaday, but with better healing methods/technology. So it should look more natural. In any case, sexual orientation is not limited in the Empire. It's just if a person wants to do this or not. Btw. there was one such guy in the PC game version.

AlexT wrote:I'm not getting offered work in New York unfortunately (or fortunately?). Though it probably would be nice. Last time i saw NY was in "Prototype" game, but there was zombies all around and then it got nuked Shocked

Anyway - It's bad when stuff gets missing - it's kinda my responsibility atm.

All spies use regular cellulars, except ones in movies.
    Thankfuly i'm no spy and hopefuly never will be - that kind of work is not romantic and dull Cool
    Ho, ...hm..like in the resident evil movie.
    So it's stuff not some two-legged cargo. lol!

That's an experience spy for you. Razz
    We all know, no need to be shy Mr. Spy. lol!
    Besides, all cellphones could be tracked in the US, as they have the extra stuff build in.
    Of course, tracking works everywhere else, too, but without the extra stuff.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 6/28/2009, 8:49 pm

Almael wrote:
    Why are you interested?
    If you haven't noticed - i'm interested in anything weird or non-standard that can happen in seikai. Very Happy Ok, then why don't they modify their bodies even further then - why keep 100% humanoid form and not alter it to increase efficiency? Replace human eyes with spider like, 4 arms etc? Smile
    So it's stuff not some two-legged cargo.
    Two legged cargo? Shocked No, just equipment.

Besides, all cellphones could be tracked in the US, as they have the extra stuff build in.
    Of course, tracking works everywhere else, too, but without the extra stuff.
    I think all cell phones can be tracked using same method as GPS. US just have very fast way to get data from cell anthenas and get coordinates via triangulation (unless your own A-GPS tell em where you are anyway) or at least mark area around specific cell. It's usualy not too accurate, so i heard. But to be effective it need superior voice identification capabilities as well since i can walk into any shop and buy pre-paid phone/card without any registration or register it on any name. Or did i miss something, you must present your ID to get phone these days?
    But i always knew Iphones are dangerous Smile Imagine you also have 3G connection...it can send hiden data through it, alarming CIA/FBI every time you say "bomb" or "Allah" Laughing With modern and future technologies it realy sux to be a spy which is good - i hate spies and espionage. Send me back to times where i can swing my 2 handed sword geek

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 4:08 pm