Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4193
    Imperial Credits : 17865
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 39 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover Fri 29 Jan - 14:09

Episodes 5 & 6 of Magical Witch Puni-chan on Wednesday. The first one featured Puni-chan's and
    Testusko's class getting a substitute teacher who gives them a quiz. Of course this being Puni-chan nothing is normal about either the test,the substitute teacher or the ways that the students
    try to 'cheat'.Also poor Testusko gets it again, this time from the in-coming missile! Laughing
    The second episode is a date parody where Puni-chan and Testusko try to help their gang leader
    friend with her love life. And since Puni-chan is involved of course it doesn't go the way you'd expect.
    (Plus what the heck was with that Lenin statue?)

Episode 5 of Ikki-tousen on Thursday. Yeah, this had the start of the Ryomou vs. Ryofu
    battle but had to wait for the ending almost for it to happen. Also Ken'u gets her first brief
    appearance. The main plot was about Hakufu recovering from the previous battle and trying to
    apologize to the leader of the gang she beat because she feels responsible for him being in the hospital(even though she had nothing to do with it). And once more her dragon is awakened when
    she gets involved in another one on a dozen fight.

(btw: so according to Wiki at one point in Dragon Destiny Hakufu and Ryomou end up
    working at a Catgirl Maid Cafe but lose the jobs because Ryomou is too clumsy....Ryomou in
    catears.... Cool )
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 39 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael Fri 29 Jan - 15:56

But Minako is high maintenance, too. Laughing

AFAIK Hakufu and Ryomou working at a Catgirl Maid Cafe was only mentioned in the anime. I dunno about the manga. It's been too long and even though I finished it it doesn't meant I read it. Embarassed Razz

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler
    I looked into it due to the title and curiosity. It's basically super robot (parody) + Penguin Empire guys (stereotypical Japanese all-black suited mimions) + Hi-Ero particle power. Somewhat hilarious with no other good points.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Mon 1 Feb - 14:09

Utawarerumono-Itsuwari no Kamen ep.17
    The first revelation of the world's secrets; took long enough.
    Haku was once the adjustment test subject. Then the disaster that turns humans to slime. It appears only to be local and or infecting slowly. Since the slime attack other humans, humans feared each other. War broke out ...anarchy and then orbital bombardment on other colonies. His brother somehow survived. The demy humans are called decoys here. Honoka & Anju are his genetic reincarnation of his wife & daughter
    Next ep.: Invasion
    We get to see a glimpse of the others in Hakuoro's country.

Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans ep. 17
    After the massacre last time the worker revolt starts for real in all Dort colonies.
    They size the mechas and weapons, factories etc. A huge Gjallarhorn's Arianrhod fleet awaits to intercept. The workers try to fight with their shuttles but they have been setup and become easy target practice. It's the Regulatory Bureau's regular scheme to rid of rebellions. "Peace" is easily restored
    The trapped mercs try to leave the colony but all space ports are closed.
    Kudelia realizes her powerlessness and that she has to rise up now for her voice to have weight later. It's a mystery why they didn't get caught yet despite going around in their dressing. The news reporter spot them and Kudelia & the mercs arrange a "show" while using the reporter's shuttle to escape. Turbine is well after all the increased nightly services his harem demanded last time. However, he's too well known and can't act without endangering the Teiwaz organization.
    Gjallarhorn's Gaelio Bauduin arrives in his family's antique mecha ASW-G-66 Gundam Kimaris. Kudelia calls up Nobliss Gordon, her fake benefactor and intrigator who set them up, to arrange the broadcast bypassing cencorship. He's game for some reason (boring life?).

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Mon 1 Feb - 14:38

So...ummm...in Mobile Suit Gundam- Iron-Blooded Orphans my college alma mater turns into a colonial power house? lol!

My alma mater is named DORT COLLEGE btw!

Friday episode 40 of Sailor Moon. The Tsukino family take a trip to a country hot springs.
    Of course it all goes south when a youma is awakened and attacks. Fortunately the rest of the Sailor Senshi show up before Usagi has to reveal her alter ego to her family.

Saturday episode 10 of Please Teacher!. The misunderstandings continue. Kei has a talk with
    Ichigo that Kiyoshi wintesses and misunderstands then when he tries to make up with her Mizuho
    shows up and he has to chase after her. Finally after making up with his "wife" he has another
    seizure.
    In the final minute we get a look at the mystery girl from Kei's pass(next week the reveal...I'm betting it's a younger Mizuho).

Sunday episode 4 of Umi Monogatari. Marin and Kanon go on a treasure hunt. Kanon's anger
    unleashes the ghost of a dead pirate crew(with a rather sexy female captain).They also meet up with
    Marin and Urin's friends. This episode also solidifies Kanon and Marin's friendship as after she looses
    the bracelet that allows her to breath air Kanon gives Marin hers that allowed her to breath the water.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Wed 3 Feb - 14:10

Saw episode 4 of Cat's Eye on Monday. In this episode the antagonist is a female thief nicknamed
    'Lupin's Bride'. So obvious reference to Lupin The Third. Although I doubt the character was
    supposed to be Fujiko. It would be interesting if that was the case, though I think it was meant more as a homage.
    (Subbed)

Ended Aria:The Animation Tuesday with episode 13. This one had the gang celebrating the
    new year.Though I had to kick myself at the end because I turned it off before the epiloge.
    Also saw the final installment of I'm Sorry Venice. It was interesting to see how the visit
    to Venice added to the anime.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Thu 4 Feb - 15:06

Laughing I dunno where this will lead. Laughing

Btw. the new Utawarerumono map is all about Yamato~China. I'm pretty sure Hakuoro's country in the original is in Japan but since there are lots of uncertain features I can't be sure, though.

Gate season 2 ep13-15
    Our group is on its way to finish the fire dragon once and for all.
    Just like before the show has cut off lots of the things that makes it interesting (politics details, Pina's troubles etc.) and more about cute/moe and relationships.
    Compared to the manga/novel I don't feel like wanting it but can't stop now.

I'm going to watch Fate Stay Night-Unlimited Blade Works from 2014. I didn't before due to Fate Zero (among other Fates) being rather boring/disappointing, hence, interest was pretty low.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Fri 5 Feb - 14:19

I think Saber is the only real reason to watch the Fate Stay Night franchise. I mean isn't she meant to be a female version of King Arthur?

Wednesday finished with Magic Witch Puni-chan the first part was centered around the school
    athletic festival, which of course gets turned into a real live war thanks to Puni-chan and her sisters.
    In the second one Puni-chan's little sisters use a spell to turn them into teenaged versions of themselves so they can get even with her.

Thursday episode 6 of Ikki-tousen this ebegins the Big Fighters' Tournament. There's a nice
    symmetry to it as it begins with the battle between Ryomou and Ryofou that started last episode and ends with the start of the one between Ryomou and Kan'u. And after the humilation that Ryofou
    did to Ryomou the latter was really pissed off.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Fri 5 Feb - 15:08

Well, it's just your preference which probably is the most liked one, too. If you haven't noticed all the girls around Shiro are each representing a stereotypical type. In the game/novels (haven't played) you can follow paths leading to the three main girls with various different ending each ways. Each results in a different development of Shiro. If you want to be spoiled read
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate/stay_night_characters
    So the original anime is referred to the "Fate" path. The "Unlimited Blade Works" is the path that fits my theory about Archer and Rin. And the "Heaven's Feel" is the evil/hellish path leading to the perfect housewife Sakura.
    So far AFAIK the first two are covered in anime plus some more.
    "Fate Zero" is about the previous war and revelation of each of the character's background. So it's kind of a must see in that regard but anything else is boring, although, the fights are majorly better made.
    "Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya" it's an alternative story I glimpsed on it but wasn't too interested.

So my theory is that Archer=Hero Shiro and Rin are connected in the future and his soul came back to her as a servant. Note they are the only ones wearing matching colors.

Fate Stay Night-Unlimited Blade Works
    Think I'm going to enjoy this one. The show uses 3D CGI for things, sets and FX stuff. It's basically all about the unseen story parts augmented by alternative  story parts. The show is less harsh/real or rather it's "cleaner". I don't mean just the blood and gore etc. stuff. Minus point. Action scenes are more realistic, though.
    Ep.00
    Rin is more socialized and befriended. She has a semi-friends three-girl clique. She shows more facial expressions (less poker face) for good or bad.
    Rin fails to summon Saber because her father's magic set her up by setting all the clocks in the house one hour back (as seen), hence, she missed her magic peak hour. But in the anime it's said to be an hour ahead. -_- There was no reason given in the original but implied that Saber was already given due to her scabbard being inside Shiro. It makes no sense or why her father would prep this.
    Anyway, Archer seeing her being a child takes command of the operation. I think he called her Bimbo in japanese raw. Enragedforcing her to spend one command seal to make him obey her every command (forever)...(he's her slave for eternity)
    Archer has jumbled memory due to her failed summoning so we still don't know who he is. His first job is to clean up the house. Archer keeps addressing her with "kimi" (like "honey") until she tells him her name.
    They get to a vantage point where he tells her he can make out every tile on the bridge. In the orginal he said every screw.
    Rin says she fights for the sake of fighting which surprises and pleases Archer. Rin's panic over Shiro dying is cleared by her saying she wouldn't be able to face her (Sakura (or Fujimura)).
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Sun 7 Feb - 14:44

Gate ep.16-17
    Our heroes reach the Elves hideout. The fire dragon gets killed. The battle only lasted about 10 minutes including the follow up fight.
    Background story & battle cut again.
    Somewhat different the anime shows the latest field ration packs with self heating feature and it seems modernized Pzf 3-T rpg. This part was probably inspired by what happened in Gaza were the users "forgot" to extend the impact fuzz, turning it into a proximity fuzz, for armored targets.
    Lelei shows bloodlust! Well, not as scary as in the manga.
    Phantom II fighters chatting mixed up fox-2 and fox-3 with short-range missiles and guns...from what's been said none of these would have any effect other than anti-tank weapons.

Ep.01 & 2
    Note, the used command seal left a bruise on Rin's hand. This wasn't shown in the Fate Stay Night or Fate Zero anime.
    Seeing her bruised hand, Shiro questions Sakura whether she was violated by Shinji again. Major hint!
    Rin observes a blond guy talking to Sakura. He looks different but I bet it's G████████!
    Note, Archer gives Rin the necklace back she dropped after healing Shiro. Note, Shiro takes the necklace after waking up and runs home. It's never shown Archer retrieving it! ... Ergo it's the one Archer/Shiro took a long time ago...
    Shiro uses one command seal to stop Saber from fighting Rin! In the Fate Stay Night anime Rin uses one command seal to save Archer, hence, she got one left (this buggeg me the first time around). So both have two left here,
    Ep. 3
    Ilya shows up calling Shiro "Oniichan". Major hint! This time the implication's lost in translation.
    Both Heracles' eyes are red. Heracles knows asian martial fighting. Well, these days even 10000 BC Eurpeans know it. Laughing
    Shiro's magic circuit feels Archer's A-rank noble phantasm activation! The arrow is a sword used by G. in the Fate Stay Night anime.
    Ilya is impressed by Archer's attack and retreats. Heracles' regeneration phantasm activates when dead and needs three days for full (mana) recovery. This is new! Nope, there's no stupid jumping-in action by Shiro, although, he does drag Saber away in time.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Mon 8 Feb - 14:46

I wonder if I have space I should look into Fate/Stay Night, it's one of those titles I have been on the fence about.

Friday episode 41 of Sailor Moon Sailor Mercury takes centerstage in this one as Ami's crush
    returns to warn her and the other scouts that Mamoru is back using a crystal that seals people.
    They meet up and Ami tries to protect him,unfortunately she fails and Mamoru captures him in the
    crystal. Then Sailor Mercury uses her bubble attack to confuse Mamoru again( the first time it failed)
    this time it works and she manages to grab the crystal from him and break it freeing everyone that was trapped inside.
    Most of the rest of the Sailor Senshis (sans Mars) show up and Sailor Moon uses her 'Moon Healing
    Exhalation' on Mamoru. It begins to work but Queen Beryl steals him away before the Senshis can do anything.
    Next week Minako takes center.

Saturday episode 11 of Please Teacher!. Well I was wrong about it being Kei's memory and the Mystery Girl(tm) being Mizuho. It turns out instead to be ICHIGO! scratch
    I guess they must have some sort of connection after having the same condition and her fainting
    before he did. Anyways Mizuho some how is able to use the tech in her ship to enter Kei's mind
    and have a talk with him. He doesn't seem to remember her at first but then she's able to remind him.
    When he eventually wakes up again he's in his old bedroom with his aunt trying to wake him up(this part was kinda creepy...I mean she does try to climb into the bed!)
    Later Kei meets up with his friends on the way to school and someone asks about the what he has in his hand. It turns out that Mizuho left him a box of chocolate pochy as a farewell gift.
    At the end we see Mizuho and Marie watch from the other side of the tracks before beaming up to their ship.

Sunday episode 5 of Umi Monogatari. This starts out with tourist coming on the island and
    Kanon her mom and the girls sell trickets to them. Later there is a eclipse. During this time Marin
    sees a red circle around the sun and says something that drives Urin away.
    Wanting to apologize Marin and Kanon go look for her. They meet up with Oshahami, Kanon's
    classmate who takes an automatic dislike to Marin simply because her boobs are larger than hers.
    Meanwhile Warin and Samu go to a sunken shrine under the sea and see it covered with red glow.
    On the surface Urin reaches a point overlooking the sea and tosses in her beads and then the string
    that Kanon made to tie the ring around her neck.
    She puts the ring on her hand and is surprised when it starts to glow and fits.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Mon 8 Feb - 15:39

You shouldn't expect too much story depth in the "Fate/Stay Night" franchise. It's all about relationship and mostly about moral, ideals, different view points about life and wishes & desires, commitment.

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen ep18
    Most useless episode yet with one important part.
    Yamato's emperor has decided to invade Tusukuru! Soldiers embark on monstrous sailing ships Obviously, the girls aren't happy seeing them off. Kuon won't leave her room. While propaganda says they are successful Oshutoru/Oshtol/Ukon tells Haku they got trouble. He blames on the bad cooperation of the generals.
    Even Munechika is struggling, in fact it's a stalemate. However, their supply line's been cut and it's only a matter of time...all in all it coomes down to sending Haku to deliver the supplies. Oshutoru also wants him to help Kiuru (blond ninja boy) who's part of reinforcement.
    At home everyone has layed out food to bait Kuon... After much struggling to tell her his mission in front of her room...she's not there.
    The girls tell him to go after her while going to prepare for departure... His way of searching is ineffective and he ends up waiting at a women's bath house(s) but for some reason no woman would stop to talk to him. Laughing
    At home the girls bug him with all kinds of problems which he brushes off. While he's reluctant Karura meets up with him. (nothing to see here) He gets drunk, rants and talks endlessly he heart off. Hidden at the stairs is...
    He wakes up in the stall. He was obviously thrown down there last night as we can see the outline in the roof. Outside everybody's gathered around Kuon.

Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans ep18
    The mercs face off the huge Gjallarhorn fleet. Kudelia holds her speech which is presumably broadcasted all over the solar system. She admits her ignorance of the suppression through the solar system. She tells and shows the truth.
    Gjallarhorn determines her ship as the source of the broadcast. At the same time Kudelia reveals her ships been surrounded and challenges Gjallarhorn to dare shoot her ship down. All the mercs are sweating... Laughing
    When the fleet's about to fire away the Regulatory Bureau calls in at the request of the African Union. (That's some lightning fast burocracy. Usually it takes days...)
    They meet up with turbine who tells them they got to change plans now that they are the #1 wanted. The (enemy) masked guy from the Montag Company contacts them and proposes business but actually wants to join for rights on half-metal. Whatever it means they would get it all.
    To everyone's surprise, Mikazuki identifies the masked guy as McGillis Fareed the moment he sees him. (Even I have no clue what kind of voodoo he used!)
    The commander of the Outer Earth Orbit Regulatory Joint Fleet is a woman...imagine from Victory with a hand for theatrics. On Earth the politicians see Kudelia as nothing but a plaything in their games.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Wed 10 Feb - 14:15

Monday saw the dub of episode 22 of Kiddy Grade. Colleen Clickenbeard as Eclaire did a good job.
    Monica Rial as Lumiere took awhile to get used to. The VA for Tweedledee I thought was a bit low but
    she and Tweedledum were on for only a minute or less.
    This was the episode that reveals Eclaire's past relationship with Chevalier. It also reveals all the corrupt dealings of the Noblesse.

Tuesday re-started what I have of Excel Saga with episode 1. Noticed a couple of things I hadn't before: 1) when Pedro is shown wheeling the wheelbarrow he actually has some Puuchuus
    riding around in it. 2) Menchi shows up the first time when Excel is suffering from hunger cramps.
    And speaking of Puuchuus...next week our favorite anemic Space Princess (tm) shows up.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Thu 11 Feb - 14:38

Ep. 4
    Ilya wants to take revenge against Shiro (for taking Kiritsugu away from her). Kuzuki sensei doesn't pause when seeing Shiro. Poor Sakura-chan can't find any reason or allies to turn Saber away from staying with Shiro. But both conspire without talking to each other while staying silent and then to stay over.
    Meanwhile Rin hunts the golem skeletons and the witch's (Caster) poison that destroys love.
    Ep. 5
    Rin's horrified face at Shiro's world class ignorance and stupidity. She gives him some good experience as her target for her shooting. Rin and Shiro become allies after the incident with Rider.
    Ep. 6
    Unlike the Fate Stay Night anime, Archer tells Shiro only Saber has free will to hve a wish with the Holy Grail. Archer has no interest because he had a fullfilled life.
    Shinji offers to ally with Shiro. Shiro is kidnapped by Caster in his sleep. Saber meets Assassin Sasaki Kojirou. He's a fake hero (as Japan doesn't have a true hero like Arthur but lots of famous warriors e.g. the 47 samurais).

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Fri 12 Feb - 14:30

Ep.7
    Archer saves Shiro, defeats Caster but let her go. Shiro and Archer argue about their different views.
    Shiro tries to go after her so Archer decides he could as well kill him.
    Ep.8
    Shiro's dream have the same scenery as Archer's memory/Rin's dream.
    Shiro copies Archer's style while training with Saber....
    Shiro has a lunch date with Rin getting everyone's attention... Shiro
    Rin used a command seal forbidding Archer from attacking as long as they are allied.
    They skip class together. Shinji activates the field.
    Shiro uses a command seal to summon Saber who appears a la Terminator (except being nacked).
    Shiro is calling the shots with Rin following it...
    Caster and her mimions show up, and kill Rider saving everyone.
    Rin is surprised at Shiro's composure and he tells her he's used to death. Yes, Rin is a weak girly girl here! disregard everything she experienced in Fate Zero.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Fri 12 Feb - 15:07

Wednesday episode 7 of Kiddy Grade: Eclaire and Lumiere along with Armbuster are assigned to
    take a young heir of the Rosenfeldt family to his family's estate in order to be inducted as the new
    head.
    After they arrive though they learn that the Noblesse aren't thrilled about the new heir taking over because he is also part Commoner.
    Eclaire, Lumiere, Armbuster and Timothy(the heir) are forced to wear isolation suits at the reception.
    Later some of the hotter headed young Noblesse challenge Timothy and Eclaire to a race; the stakes
    being if Timothy looses he is to give up all his rights.
    During the race the Noblesse cheat,meanwhile Armbuster is watching and sending pictures back to
    Lumiere.
    Eclaire and Timothy win despite the cheating and Timothy's grandfather reveals himself and is
    happy to have him take over.
    Later at GOTT HQ Eclaire is a bit pissed that she wasn't informed of the plan.

Thursday episode 7 of Ikki-tousen: The tournament continues. Ryomou and Kanu
    continue where they left off, but Ryomou at first gets the worst of it. Kanu looks to having an easy
    win but Ryomou recovers and Is finally able to get a submission hold on Kanu; at least for a little bit.
    Hakufu and her cousin arrive just in time to see Kanu recover from the submission hold and beat
    Ryomou.
    Hakufu challenges Kanu and looks again like Kanu has the upper hand,then Hakufu's Dragon awakens
    and she starts taking Kanu apart.
    Somehow Kanu survives and is able to beat her.As this is going on Ukita is watching everything on the water tower. When Hakufu is beaten she makes herself known and jumps off leaping a couple of big glaring holes and causing the water to spill out.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Mon 15 Feb - 14:11

Friday episode 42 of Sailor Moon this gives a bit of Minako's backstory and shows her when she was still Sailor V in London. It has involves a bitter sweet reunion with her beloved "Big Sister" a young policewoman she met in London. The bitter part is that her "Big Sister" is possessed by the latest Youma. Usagi and Luna help Minako escape but when the Youma catches up to them, Minako refuses
    to hurt it because she realizes it's really her beloved "Big Sister".
    Sailor Moon uses her 'Moon Healing Escalation' on the Youma freeing the woman.
    Afterwards Minako finds the locket that has a picture of her, her "Big Sister" and the young man they both loved and realizes she shouldn't have been jealous.

Saturday episode 12 of Please Teacher! this basically serves as the official ending even though there are 13 episodes. In it Mizuho is sentenced for disobeying orders and thinks she won't be able to see Kei again. However much to her surprise she is allowed to return but things aren't like they used to be. Everyone seems not to remember her; this especially hurts when it comes to Kei.
    When she asks him to help her move in to her old apartment he agrees,and they even trip over the same bit of the threshold again, but Kei still acts like he doesn't know her.
    It's only when she gets depressed and he shows her the Pochy box that she realizes he does
    in fact remember.
    The rest of the episode show various scenes with the main characters including that of Kei and
    Mizuho's home life where they act like a normal married couple (including arguing).

Sunday episode 6 of Umi Monogatari in this episode the eclipse continues as Marin and Kanon
    look for Urin. The ring on Urin's finger meanwhile transform into the shape of one of the butterflies.
    Marin and Kanon reach the cliffs overlooking the sea just as the eclipse ends. But they are surprised when they both start to transform. A masked priestess watches overhead.
    A mysterious blonde haired girl arrives from the sea(really Matsoumoto The Turtle's daughter as
    seen in the web promo).
    Kanon,her mother Matsoumoto and Marin finally find the missing Urin under some trees. They all
    go home.
    Later while eating Kanon gets a phone call from Suzuki to watch the news and she sees her wave to her on tv but she's also pissed to see Kojima walk by with Ohashima in tow.
    That night Urin gets a visit from Matsoumoto's daughter, she uses the power of Senda to turn her back into a turtle.
    Urin then allows Senda's butterflies to take her back to the cliffs where she dives into the ocean again while saying one last "Sayonara".
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Wed 17 Feb - 14:08

Monday no anime but watched the Dr.Who episode Time Heist instead.
    Liking Clara as the Doctor's Companion very much (although I spoiled it for myself by reading
    what happens to her later on).

Tuesday episode 2 of Excel Saga. The Puuchuu invasion begins. Excel has a new temp job
    delivering newspapers. Menchi manages a brief escape ( Very Happy ) but runs into Excel ( Crying or Very sad ).
    Hyatt arrives at ACROSS HQ. Mix well and serve. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Fri 19 Feb - 14:01

Wednesday episode 8 of Kiddy Grade,after a planet suddenly explodes killing everyone living on it
    Eclaire and Lumiere are assigned to look into what really happened. With the help of Tweedledee and
    Tweedledum they track down the corporation behind the explosion, but nearly too late.

Thursday episode 8 of Ikki Tousen, Hakufu's latest opponent in the tournament turns out to be
    Genjou. But when Goei turns up and starts to root for him instead of her, she gets distracted and he
    readily beats her. Next is Ryoumo's turn and she handily handles him; however her next opponent is too strong for her.

Meanwhile Chikyuu and Ryofu are trapped but manage to escape. Also Goei reveals the reason she
    hired Genjou to beat Hakufu.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Fri 19 Feb - 15:01

Gate ep.18
    After coming back Itami gets suspended for two weeks, a pay cut, and stripped of his command for abandoning his mission and go by himself to kill the dragon.
    In return he gets all kinds of commendations from locals, lords, and the MoD. He's reassigned for resource scouting mission. These are mixed crewed. He is teamed up with his harem only.
    They go to the city of Rondel for Lelei's master (sage) examination. Everyone's gets treated as Rory's escort, and Itami as the manservant (stuffed into a storage room). Laughing Note Lelei's big sister Arpeggio!
    Meanwhile a banket is held in the Empire more or less to officially welcome the Japanese ambassador (Vice PM) and the Dragon's head. The Emperor falls ill after the toast.
    This episode is in part better drawn, in part worse and has an extra camping scene. However, it's a mess time wise. The story has been rearranged and has made huge leaps and bounds compared to the manga/novels. Because of the leaps I had to go and check!
    The manga had the Coup d'etat first and had them go on a side adventure with zombies before reaching the city of Rondel. I just realized the anime pretty much didn't explained lots about the deities, magic, elves etc..
    You miss out at least 50% if not more here. At this point it's around vol. 19 (chapter 52/3) of the manga and the 3rd novel or about half way not counting the gaidens.

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen ep19
    The gang makes a stop at Atui father's territory habor where they go shopping. Her father comes running... When he questions about Haku's relationship Atui tells all kinds of (troublesome) tales. The other girls aren't helpful leading to more misunderstandings. Haku gets dragged onboard for questioning.
    Atui reveals she has been training her father's men since she was small...having them wear "pretty boy" fashion. (It's her harem.) Kuon accounts the technological magic mysteries of the distant past (cars, trains, aircrafts, starships). According to her research she believe they're not just stories. She tells Haku that if Tusukuru becomes serious Yamato would lose the war. She's worried about her friends and believe she's the only one who can end the war.
    The drama Atui's father makes when they separate... Kuon shows them a safer route. They are being watched by Aruru and Kamyu...only Kokopo notices something. She runs wild when spotting Mukkuru dragging the gang only along. Eruru leads the chase to Munechila's camp. Mukkuru is superfast & agile and disappears in the woods unnoticed just before reaching the camp. With Kuon gone the rest of the convoy turns around and backtracks.
    Basically the Yamato troops are being harassed and were left with just enough food so they won't die. The generals hold a meeting where Dekoponpo forces Munechila to lead the attack.

Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans ep19
    Note the new graffitis on the bridge. Funny lady Carta's fleet forms a blockade. The mercs use a ship as shield to break through including using their implants to control both ships.
    When the shield ship explodes it disperses nano-mirror chaffs cutting communication of the fleet. For some reason they also lose optical sight...(all military fantasy here). The fleet fires missiles to burn the chaff away.
    The merc ship crashes into/slid-around the station ship and flings off. The station goes into free fall. Meanwhile, somewhere the gang sneaks into earth orbit with a shuttle but are discovered by Gaelio and Ein. Turbine's women arrive in disguised mechas. Some enemy 6-machine team making some dance and gets obliterated by the masked guy's (Monday) red machine. Duh. Monday returns to space.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Sat 20 Feb - 18:15

Gate ep.19
    Zarzol is onto starting a war. Pina's pleas fall on deaf ears.
    Meanwhile,... so now they are explaining about the elves and the working of world... Note, the writings are similar to hebrew even though using different kinds of letters. There are similarities to the bible eventhough in very different dressings.
    Lelei show's off her laptop making Arpeggio more jealous. So Arpeggio figures she would best get married... Itami's in trouble again since he did spend three nights with Lelei. Therefore, Lelei's claim is most accepted. Arpeggio and Lelei fight if off which ends in a tie. Just then an assassin appears to kill Lelei but is saved by Pina's people. They are to bring Lelei back as the only citizen involved in the slaying of the fire dragon.

Gits - the new movie
    Young Kusanagi meets a girl.
    AD 2029.3, After War continuing from Arise.
    The situation: the struggle between nations and corporations for supremacy. Cybernization poses a problem for governments to control information.
    Maj. Kusanagi is requested by the government to resolve a case. Her unit is a "separatist" unit in "competition" with Aramaki's Public Safety Section 9. She more or less talks about needing a new system to investigate and pass judgement.
    Her rival is Lt Col. Kurutsu who offers her services to corporations. The dialogue more or less implies the idea of setting up a network for the system (cyberbrains) and sort people appropriately (?).
    The rivalry is also about the trend of privatization of the military (->mercenaries): currently from defense "ministry" to "agency". (new!)
    Togusa is being picked on as usual. Kusanagi's pep talk: she calls the team members parts and reminds them of their "value".
    updated stealthy helicopters (not really); kind of updated SMGs (a bit more like Sol Bianca=>Star Trek); the suits looks a bit like from Gantz; guy crushed by a Logikoma. RMC remotely controlled gun (a la certain movie). (new!)
    While the Op goes on ...they find themselves tricked. Someone (Fire-Starter) used Kusanagis' "body" double as an extra to hack and manipulate the Op. It's all a diversion while the PM gets killed in a secret meeting. Kurutsu is among the victims. (Why?) Kusanagi comes to see her corpse and intends to take revenge.
    Aramki visits the scene in a (superficial ST esque) holodeck. 0.o
    It's revealed Kusanagi's body was designed by Dr. Kusanagi which is uniquely intended for growth. She's an outcast who modifies her own parts. Beginning with next generation cyber bodies can no longer be upgraded. Cyberbrain standards change, hence, they can't use newer prosthetic. Similar to Windows where new device drivers are no longer made for older systems. It's not like it's not possible but just forcing consumers to upgrade and buy new stuff. In other words it's purely an economic, profit and or consumer control issue. Therefore, the PM & corporation were negotiating a slow down of development to keep production going on for old models to stay alive.
    Nearly all of unit 501 work for Harimadara they want to take revenge on their own. Kurutsu envisioned a future in the net "the third world". Kusanagi doesn't understand yet.
    Sandwich etc. food for cyborgs only. Cyborgs feeling observed and from different people... Reverse pyro simulation to reconstruct the scene. I don't think this is possible with lower than Star Trek tech level.
    Vice-Minister Kitahara Youko was hacked from which they learn of the enemy spy/base submarine ship (imagine Starship Operators + Kiddy Grade + Stargate Thor's ship). Kusanagi wants to take it (as her new home base?). The enemy's loaded with latest tech! Poor Logikomas are nothing but insects in comparison to the enemy tank (mix of quadpod + Macross Destroid). Surprise! ....
    Overall it's a good movie that is refreshing compared to the last few. As seen there's a bunch of new updates to the original world. Imho they aren't really new as they even existed back then.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Sun 21 Feb - 16:58

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen ep20
    Munechika faces off Benawi! The Yamato general can't use her mask's power due to Urutori's people's power. This time we got a clearer indication of Tsukuru on the map. Hokaido is part of Tsukuru while most of enlarged Korea is Yamato.
    With Kuon's help Haku's group tries sneak into the enemy fortress to set fire to the provisions but a kekkai prevents them from using magic. They are asking each other back and forth what to do. -_- When they find no options and decide to go home and Haku jumps on the idea Kuon immediately suspects his motive. Kuon convinces him after a lengthen torture... using Kuon as hostage to enter the fortress. Kurou stops them just short of their objective. Kurou easily beats Atui and the sword master. He confirms that Kuon is Hakuoro's child but it won't stop him killing the enemy. Also he thinks she's just playing around. While Kuo engages in chit-chat Haku moves ever so slightly... but Kurou isn't fooled. Despite Kuon's intended trickery of holding back before it's hopeless. Haku uses Hakuoro's fan which surprises Kurou. Kurou is caught in the explosion but to everyone's horror he survives. Munechika fights Benawi to allow them to escape. She's no match yet he lets her go. The emperor has died suddenly (and the invasion is called off).

Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans ep20
    The mercs have landed near some island. They can see the (crescent/debris) moon. Mikazuki's name appears to be the same as the moon??? Another example of things thrown at us in this show without explaining or any apparent logic. After a good start with some nice changes since the UC shows it's has long turned out to be no different from those long drawn shows these days.
    The kids are of course amazed at the sight of nature but miss civilization, cities, fancy stuff. Makanai, the master of the place (and ex-major-political leader of the Oceanian Federation) gives them a live flounder (currently being "farmed" and sold at high price). The martians who've never seen a fish wonder about its value as food. Atra is upset because she had to prepare (kill it) the food .
    Makanai wants them to help him return and get elected president of Arbrau which would help Kudelia's goal. They are just political playthings. Orga and Biscuit argue over "daring" for more and wanting a simple happy life. Makanai is using Carta Issue's fleet to force them into action.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Mon 22 Feb - 15:01

Benawi would do something like that as he is so noble a character.

Friday watched episode 43 of Sailor Moon. It starts out with Naru's mom's jewelry shop being robbed. Sailor Moon shows up to stop the robbery,but then the other Sailor Senshi show up as well and instead of helping her start fighting with her.
    A photographer flashes a pic and the news gets in the paper that the Sailor Senshi have a following out.
    Meanwhile the news reaches the Dark Kingdom and Kunzite devices his latest trap.
    Later it seems like the other Sailor Senshi have it in for Usagi as they relentlessly attack her non-stop; however it is rather shown that they were only really just trying to help her get stronger by
    training as a unit.
    They see the pic in the paper and Usagi decides to send a note to the photogapher to meet.
    When she arrives the photographer turns out to be the latest Youma. The rest of the Sailor Senshi are watching as the Youma and Kunzite attack Sailor Moon. Usagi is on the point of dying and
    Venus and Jupiter want to get into the fight but Mars and Mercury hold them back.
    Mars shows the others Moon's Crescent Moonstick and tells them Usagi gave to her as she didn't want to become overly dependent on it. But then even she and Mercury can't hold back as it looks like Moon really needs rescuing. So they all join in the fight. Kunzite escapes but the Youma proves she can be even more formidable on her own.
    Finally Mercury uses her Bubble Defense to create a smoke screen and it helps confuse the Youma enough for Moon to use her Healing Escalation on it and it is exorcised from the photographer.

Saturday episode 13 of Please Teacher. This basically wraps up loose ends from episode 12.
    Mizuho's mother and sister arrive again and Kei sneaks out as Mizuho and her mother start to have another quarrel. He's way laid by Mizuho's sister who demands he take her for a walk. On their way he meets one of Kei's friends and he somehow manages to get rid of her and the two boys go talk in the park. While they're doing it Kei's friend is teleported to the empty school gym equipment room and Kei finds himself face to face with his mother-in-law.
    She teleports them to the hotel Kei and Mizuho had their honeymoon at and they meet Kaede and
    her boyfriend exiting. Kaede runs away embarrassed but her boyfriend is teleported to the same place as Kei's other friend.
    Mizuho's mother than gets them a room and begins to seduce Kei ( or appears to).
    Mizuho finds her sister who tells her what's happening and she gets pissed at Marie who is forced to
    teleport them to the room.
    Mizuho's mother leaves and Kei and Mizuho get around to finally consummating their marriage.
    Later in the epilog it's shown that a rumor has been spreading about Kei and Mizuho. The rumor even reaches them and they are both shocked.
    In the end it is revealed that Ichigo is behind the rumor. Laughing Cool

Sunday Umi Monogatari episode 7. The gang return from looking for Urin and find Matsoumoto's daugther in her turtle form. She acts apologetic toward her father. Kanon's mom
    prepares a meal for everyone and Kanon notices how lonely Marin looks without Urin.
    Marin decides to go back to the sea to look for Urin, who has meanwhil found the temple under the
    water. She reaches the inner sanctum and opens the chest there.
    Marin in the meanwhile as returned to the sea with Matsoumoto who tells Kanon to stay and look after his daughter.
    Marin and Matsoumoto meet Warin and Samu. Together they reach the temple.
    Kanon in the meanwhile is searching for the object that will help her breath underwater she finally
    finds it and dives with Matsoumoto's daughter.
    Ohashima is having a date with Koijima on a sight seeing boat and sees Kanon diving. This really pisses her off again.
    Kanon and Matsoumoto's daughter reach the others just as they are being attacked by the latest monster. Kanon having already transforms uses her fire power to free Marin before she's eaten.
    The monster is cleansed and turns out to be a dog that is sent back to the surface. The group
    finds Urin but too late.
    She rejects them and sends them back. However tears are seen in her eyes as she mutters
    "Big Sister" to herself.

btw: also got GITS:Arise Part 1 and Ikki-tousen:Dragon Destiny Vol.2 today. Very Happy
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Wed 24 Feb - 14:16

Monday watched the dub of Haibane Renmei episode 9. The rest of the Haibane return from their
    unsuccessful search for Rakka. Meanwhile she is still in the well when Toga come by and help her out.
    When they leave her alone she thinks she hears Kuu's voice. She follows it to the Wall and touches it.
    The Speaker finds her and chides her for being near the Wall. He leads her on the path out of the Woods.
    They rest and he tells her what it means to be Sin Bound.
    Later Rekki finds her. The others catch up and Rekki says Rakka's sick. She takes her home and has her lie in bed,she also has Kanna go get some medicince.
    Hikari wants to know why Rekki knows so much, but she won't tell.

Overall since I hadn't seen it for awhile it wasn't as bad dubwise. Then again the last time I tried watching the dub it wasn't too long after watching the sub,so the Japanese voices were still in my head at that point.

Tuesday saw Excel Saga episode 3. Excel tries to escape but is recaptured and thrown into a pit where she meets a mysterious prisoner in a mask. They exchange food ideas. Meanwhile Hyatt
    keeps wobbling and dying at ACROSS HQ. Finally Il Lapazzo decides to send her home with the assignment of finding Excel.
    Menchi is happy with his new circumstances but it's only temporary as Nabeshin frees the myserious
    prisoner and of course also Excel(as a second or third thought).
    Nabeshin goes badass and defeats an entire army of baddies but the mysterious prisoner(who turns out to be a beautiful blonde woman ) is half eaten by a serpent and then shot dead. Of course this
    pisses Nabeshin off and he finishes his job.
    Menchi is found by Excel and they make their way too civilization again only stopping to view the
    results.
    As they return they meet Hyatt going the other direction. She looks at the picture of Excel and Excel before dying again (this time on Excel).
    Pedro returns home only to find his 'best friend' now married to his wife.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael Wed 24 Feb - 14:19

Fate Unlimited Blade Works
    Ep.9
    Kirai gives Shinji a new servant (G.).
    Rin suspects Issei to be Castor's master. Shiro and Rin arguing in public gets attentions. For some reason he still doesn't get looks that kill from Rin fans.
    Rin threatens to do it her way so Shiro takes it on himself. Shiro denies when asked whether he will go and just "ask" about it. Shiro's strategy is asking Issei to strip. Laughing Meanwhile Rin stalks the blond guy who loiters around Sakura's home. Shiro shows up to tell her his finding and gets suspected for ulterior motives. She makes faces after hearing how he did it. She dodges when asked why she was there. Major hint! (She has the blood of a superb female mage.)
    Ep.10
    Rin dreams of Archer's sad heroic life. Shiro realizes he likes Archer's blades.
    Both find out about Kuzuki sensei's stay at the temple from Issei. Issei tells them Kuzuki sensei brought home his fiancee two weeks ago. The plan to raid at night but test him beforehand. Of course it backfires and Kuzuki easily beats Saber. With his back to the wall Shiro calls forth Archer's blades, surprising everyone. Kuzuki and Caster retreat. Rin finds his projection skill strange.
    Shinji meets up with G. and tells him about Kirei's favor. G. tells him he can't find humans of value in this world of plenty.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover Fri 26 Feb - 14:12

Wednesday episode 9 of Kiddy Grade, Eclaire and Lumiere are assigned to investigate a series of disappearances.

Thursday episode 9 of Ikki Tousen Goei takes Hakufu and Kouin to a hot springs, but it turns out to be none that restful a stay!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr - 14:57