Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+6
Diaho
Ekuryua
tanis1lionheart
Schwenkdawg
AlexT
JGZinv
10 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19004
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 21 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by Almael 1/14/2014, 7:07 pm

Well, I don't see anything really recommendable right now.

3. Log Horizon is more immersed and more like a normal fantasy story. But it's also very noobish/childish. I mean the stuff they want to teach people ..you gotta go trough them by the time you start choosing a game character. Even people who never played games would know at least that much if they think about it. It's kind of a useless "how to play guide" and on the story part...is there anything yet?
    SAO is like Half Prince only a decade later and covers several fantasy/game worlds.
    Then again Half Prince kind of focuses more on the gender issues and less on the game. SAO is more about the game, although, it totally fails in the details and it's more about the "why" people are playing. Anyway, the novel versions are the best for both.

As far as romance go the last best imho was Hatsukoi Limited. The school theme is everywhere so I can't say it's out of proportion. Laughing

BL: Yeah, the twins were something else. It think the OVA was season 3. I saw the manga long (like 5 years) before season 3 so I knew it wasn't up to it but the Maid was still worth watching. Only the ending or the way she ended up was not satisfying. It's like they wanted to kill the show once and for all. Just when Eda started to be more interesting.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4203
    Imperial Credits : 17897
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 21 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 1/20/2014, 2:55 pm

Ok so I got Blood-C:The Last Dark last week,came sooner than I expected. Very Happy 

Yesterday re-watched Silent Mobius:The Motion Picture 1 I still only need the second movie to have the complete collection.
    The odd thing is unlike a lot of other anime movies the movies actually came before the series.
    This really was total fun. Cool 
    Though Katsumi is a bit more emo in the movie than she is in the series.
    The seiyuu who played her in the movie could really contend for the title of
    "Anime Scream Queen".

that said,as I said it is really a great movie.Though I happen to be bias since the series is what got me into anime and is my favorite anime series.
    And someon *Koff* Funi*Koff* needs to bring it back from the land of the OOP with a classy re-release of both movies and the series.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/22/2014, 8:59 am

"The Pilot's Love Song"
    The beginning was nice reminded me of "Mahou Shoujo Tai". (MST OVA is way better)
    But it's actually more of a typical school (romance) than the bait it played out there.
    It's about a world where there's only 3 continent and people try to look for the edge of the world. They got WWII-esque tech: aircrafts + floating continent-ship. The world-map/view is like from the middle age a la Larry Niven's Ringworld.
    The tech & design is like gundam + final fantasy. Character & story-wise seem superficial gundam inho. Main male character is superficial char bg-story but Shoukei's from Twelve Kingdoms way better; also Char is 10x smarter and more capable...
    Only the world story has potential but you don't see much. And the most likely antagonist only gets one or two screenshot in 3 episodes for some seconds...
    This show looks like another dragging one...12 eps that's worth 3.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/22/2014, 2:51 pm

Yeah I have trouble with spelling foreign names like that,and how good is
    Kill la Kill ?

I am nearing the end of Bubblegum Crisis,Tokyo 2040 as well as
    what I have of Bubblegum Crisis as next week is episode 26.

Ordered Momo:The Girl God of Deathalong with renewing my
    Gotanime membership for the year from Rightstuf.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 1/26/2014, 4:04 pm

Samurai Head Hunters
    BBC's Samurai history documentary is good but this british documentary is in a league of it's own. To sum it up it's about the dark secret of the trade. If you are looking for fighting techniques, strategy, and tactics this is not it. It does go into the warrior's handbook, though. And it's not about history either...not a single word on the most important decision in Japan's history. The example story takes place just before the Tokugawa shogunate. This is definitely a must see episode but be warned it's uncensored truth.

The Princess and the Pilot / Toaru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku
    Because of the english name was different I didn't realized "The Pilot's Love Song /Toaru Hikūshi e no Koiuta" was related. I saw the novel a while back but did not know it was made into a movie. There are two other series in this universe. Imho better than Pilot's Love Song.
    The story is typical boys meets girl or rather street boy meets princess. The interesting part is the world itself. Sadly, the movie does not go into the details of the world. It's worth watching but may not be a keeper. The actions are alright, but inaccurate. I doubt the water fuel technology is realistic even in a hundred years.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 1/31/2014, 2:33 pm

Re-started Silent Mobius tv on Sunday.I really want Rally's limo. lol! 

Cool moment---when Katsumi awakens to her powers and after destroying the Lucifer Hawk she's standing there looking all tattered.

Monday re-watched episodes 11 and 12 of Neo-Ranga.

Tuesday finished off what I have of Bubblegum Crisiswith episode
    26 ofTokyo 2040.

Wednesday Hayate,The Combat Butlerepisode 13.

Thursday started Rosario X Vampire Capu 2.Yep,Moka and Tsukune are lost in their own little world when they're together.And
    Mizore and Kurumu start off acting like Aeka and Ryoko when it comes
    to Tsukune. lol! 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/3/2014, 3:22 pm

Ok so my re-watch of EVA has begun now with 1.01.
    Now this is WHY we love anime,I mean 1.01 has to be one of the best
    animated movies I've seen.So really Misato was bitch slapping herself instead of Shinji? I noticed in that scene he walked away before the slapping occured;though Rei DOES bitch slap him on the escalator. lol! 

Yesterday episode 2 of Silent Mobius "Decide" .
    I wonder if part of the reason Katsumi seemed to take the Lucifer Hawk on his offer was that she really DID want to learn something about her
    father Gigelf,and the other part might have been tactical on her part:
    she concluded the best way of offing him was to let herself be engulfed
    by him.
    Even Kiddy, was a bit surprised by that one!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/5/2014, 2:13 pm

Started my re-watch of episodes 1-3 of Melty Lancer yesterday. Cool 
    Also I got my notice in the e-mail today that my order for Mono:The Girl God Of Death has been confirmed.You might know it better as
    Ballad of a Shinigami.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/5/2014, 3:49 pm

Code Geass Akito the Exiled ep.2 OVA
    "already" came out after what? two years? ....Well, it's movie size.
    Any, Akito and his ragtag unit get send on another suicide difficult mission. Since they lack manpower, "Sailor Moon" Leila Malkal(Markar) accompanies them with some drones.... They use an Appollo-esque rocket to drop behind enemy lines. Serious excessive fantasy here: the size requirement dictates a 5x larger size or 125 larger volume. The investment there could easily be used to create a whole army. Even with regular soldiers that's a force to be reckoned. Manpower problem solved!
    Lots of action in the later part. There's probably no new moves you haven't seen before but it's still quite good.

For a hour long episode it feels short on content or events.
    It's a bit more lavish in terms of scene background pictures, also the standard screen play size seems upscaled, except for the credits...this seems to be a new trend as the japanese push for 4k TV. Upscaling isn't really good as you don't really get any more detail than what's originally there. It just blurres sharp details as any jpeg. There's only a little gain for mathematical structures (Wavelet compression) that get encoded into the compression by math's design.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/7/2014, 4:58 pm

Episode 2 of Rosario X Vampire Capu2 'Little Sister And A Vampire' yesterday.boy! no love lost between Moka and her sister there.Though I'm still wondering how Tsukune and the girls all fit into that
    hurdle in the gym.Mizore looked a bit cramped there.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/10/2014, 2:55 pm

Friday episode 19 of Black Lagoon.For a second I was wondering why Balailaka brought Rock along then realized she was using him as a translator.And yeah,Revy does swear in English in this episode.She says
    the F word a couple times.Probably to show her American street cred.

Saturday finally got around to seeing EVA 2.22.They certainly
    wretched up the comedy in this one from what it was in the first movie.
    I think it might have been intentional so as to make the events that followed a bit more poignant.

Sunday episode 3 of Silent Mobiusand the official introduction of
    Roy.Loved at the end when he punches his supervisor in the face when he
    realized that he was the only one who could have given the gang the information concerning himself and Katsumi.I also loved Katsumi's reaction when they're in Tokyo Underground and he tells her to change
    clothes. lol! 
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/14/2014, 7:44 am

Buddy Complex
    Another disguised Gundam Seed show. It's about a high school boy being sucked and trown through time into a future human conflict (70 years from now).
    There's a way better more epic classic manga with a very similar story about a human-alien war. If only I could remember the title...I would go back to it.

Well, it's stupid and below the level of shows I would watch as a kid. Seems to be made for 6 year olds or so. The characters are like from your usual school romance show. The mechas are of the Super Robot Taisen ilk, and not the good ones either, but rather seemed to be made for 4 year old's: simple and rugged. "Super Robot Taisen OG the inspector" might be better but imho it's better you waste your time on those original games.
    The only highlight is the hero's mothership, kind of a simple mixture of Eureka 7's Gekko state ship and Spoor's Heirbyrsh.

Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa
    Finally came around to watch the 2nd movie. It's a continuation of the first movie. The first movie was only a rewrite of episode 7.
    The first movie changed the back story a bit and did give a glimpse of Sheryl's connection to the Mayan girl('s younger sister) from Macross Zero...as I have suspected based on her having the same name.
    Anyway, this time the differences are larger since it's become a complete change of the rest. So none of the team members are dead yet. It does deal with Sheryl's sickness. As a spy Sheryl is sentenced to death and imprisoned in Alcatraz. Luca gets assasinated. Grace becomes a victim of her Frontier Mishima allies who use technology to mind control the Vajra, take over the Queen...

There are new bugs. As before some new redesign of mechas and ships. There's a new VF-29 for Alto, really nice on features but the design is not sound. Brera's VF-27 from the show is better imho.
    All mechas seem to have complete glass cockpit now. There seem to be a lot of Sailor Moon themes, and some classic anime ads and signs can be seen. Micheal dresses up a la Basara Nikki etc....

Btw.
    The wind rises
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-11/the-wind-rises-u.s-tv-spots-streamed
    coming this weekend.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/14/2014, 2:56 pm

So I re-started PGSM on Wednesday.The only things I really hate about it are:
    1.Disc 1 doesn't have an episode menu like the other three discs so I have to fastfoward after
    episode 1 to get to the episode I'm watching.
    2.I don't have the entire series,it's just up to episode 20 so I miss the entire Dark Mercury
    arc! Evil or Very Mad 
    But what I do have I enjoy,especially the fight between V and Mars in that one episode.(this is before
    Minako becomes Venus)

Yesterday(Thursday)watched episode 3 "A Mother,A Child And A Vampire" of Rosario X Vampire Capu 2.
    Mizore and Kumuru's mom's did some major damage to the school.And the whole proxy war they
    were using their daughters to fight over Tsukune was because they still had a decades old feud
    over GIN'S DAD!!!!!
    Then when they saw what he looked like in the present they apologize to their children and Tsukune and Moka! Laughing 
    Loved the scene where Mizore and Kumuru are having their song dual.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/17/2014, 2:31 pm

Friday:Black Lagoon episode 20.So that girl Rock met in episode 19 turned out to be a Yakuza
    Princess.It also shows how deadly Balalaika is on her own.

Saturday:Neon Genesis Evangelionepisode 11.In any language Asuka is one self-assured girl! Laughing 

Sunday:Silent Mobiusepisode 4.Loved how everyone gets browbeaten by Mana after the fiasco at the beginning of the episode,especially Kiddy and Katsumi.Contrast that to the similiar scene at the end where after they've learned finally how to work as a team they get a lot of praise. Cool 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/19/2014, 2:48 pm

Finished what I have of Melty Lancer yesterday,which basically is the first half.It's only a 6 episode OVA series so I only have episodes
    1-3.But it's still  Cool especially Melvina.Interesting enough Lisa Ann
    Beley played her in the dub,she certainly has the knack for playing strong female leads.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/20/2014, 7:29 am

I kind of think Melty Lancer should have build some more on some of the characters...imho kind of short. Ah, my anime gun from AN. Very Happy

Pilot's love song
    Skimmed through up to ep. 7
    Well, took long enough to finally get to the interesting part.

Log Horizon
    Skimmed through up to ep. 20
    Like above... it took like 15 episode to reveal (imho obvious) secret about Rundel Haus not being an adventurer. And the show seems about to end when it's really getting interesting. Pft.

Mardock Scramble No3
    Dissapointing! Half of it is about gambling with amazing grace sung in the BG (in japanese?) The other half is where the story really continues.
    Well, overall the show is way too lavish on the visual lighting. I guess they went unnecessary over budget because of this. Story wise it's like your classic heroine story. It's good but could have been better if it was a larger show.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/21/2014, 2:32 pm

Yeah,they could have done more with the story as far as it goes with
    Melty Lancer,but it was only a six episode ova.

Wednesday I watched episode 2 of PGSM I think the whole
    Dark Mercury arc might have just been Ami working out her issues
    with Usagi because she really didn't want to be a Sailor Senshi to begin with.That said,I always thought her initial transformation sequence into Sailor Mercury was rather cool.It's the scene where Ami's falling from off the school railing into the pool.

Thursday episode 4 of Rosario x Vampire Capu 2.This was a Yukari
    episode in which she learns that you better be careful what you wish for as she wants to be older so Tsukune will notice her.The one thing
    I didn't like was that we didn't get to see Moka transform into her Inner
    Self or the fight.But that was mitigated by the fact that Yukari got to kiss Tsukune at the end. Cool cheers 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/24/2014, 3:23 pm

Friday episode 21 of Black Lagoon,what happened to poor Yuko(?)
    was pretty brutal.At least they didn't show the gang rape,which was pretty much hinted at from the way her clothes were disheveled in the
    bowling alley.And I thought that the "Vampire Twins" arc was brutal.
    Well,just three more episodes left.

Saturday episode 12 of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Misato's
    backstory.I don't know who looked more irked,Asuka because Ritsuko came with Kaiji or Misato because Kaiji came with Ritsuko! Laughing 

Sunday episode 5 of Silent Mobius,I still don't get what Mana
    was up to or if she was simply pissed at Katsumi and Lebia because
    they told her it was only for the field agents.Still the scene where she's
    standing on top of that roof in that dress sipping wine was pretty cool. Cool 
    Also seemed like a typical party where everyone goes into their own little group and the guys and gals end up segregated from each other,except for Roy and Katsumi who find an excuse for their own
    mini-date.
    Poor Ralph though!Gets thrown by Kiddy not once but at least TWICE!!!!
    or as Spike Jones famously sang:"You always hurt the one you love." Laughing 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/26/2014, 2:29 pm

Monday re-watched the Robotech episode 'Phantasm.
    I always love the 'magic bicycle' scene. lol! 

Tuesday:Blood-C:The Last Dark.Don't know why it got some
    bad reviews on internet anime review sites as I thought it was really
    great fun. cheers 

I only had two problems,both technical: 1.You can't turn off the
    sub if you want to watch it in raw Japanese and 2.During the scene
    where Fumito's Lieutenant is mocking Saya because she can't kill humans there was about 5-10 seconds of static.

What I loved about it was the way it played homage to the original
    Blood,the Last Vampire movie with the opening sequence on the train and also Saya returning to her original moody,brooding and
    near uncommunicative self from that movie.

I also thought that it was interesting that they spent so much time
    on Mana being around Saya which made me think that she could be
    Clamp's next heroine.That is if they ever think of following up on
    Blood-C that and the fact that the ending seemed to be a bit
    open ended.

Overall I give it an A+
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/28/2014, 2:45 pm

Wednesday:PGSM Act 3 and the introduction of Rei/Sailor Mars.
    My second favorite Senshi after Mercury! Very Happy 

Thursday:Rosario x Vampire Capu 2 episode 5 'Curry And A Vampire I thought this was a fun Mizore episode.I really  Laughing 
    when she tried to serve the curry she made to Tsukune the first time because it had turned into a big old block of ice:speak of frozen food!

It's interesting though that her curry,when she finally got it properly made acted as an antidote to the "Curry Zombie-ism" that hit everyone in the school.Though I think Neokome-sensei probably wouldn't have been
    affected like the others unless it was Fish Curry! Laughing (she wasn't in the episode so just guessing).

btw:Mizore wanted to serve the curry to Tsukune since she had the anniversary of their meeting marked....the little stalker!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/3/2014, 3:20 pm

Friday watched episode 22 of Black Lagoon getting used to Toyoguchi Megumi's English now.
    I really think after my first doubts that the way she speaks English really fits Revy's personality.Favorite
    line:"I brought you your prom date to you."
    Overall one of the gorier episodes.

Saturday episode 13 of Neon Genesis Evangelion.And for once Ritsuko gets center stage. Very Happy 

Also I see that 3.33 will be out some time this Summer or supposed to be.

Sunday Silent Mobius episode 6.Really great Kiddy episode.This is the one where she has to
    come to grips with the demon from her past has she fights Hardwire the Megadyne that killed her
    partner and nearly killed her too when she was still an ordinary policewoman.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/5/2014, 2:29 pm

Monday re-watched the GITS:SAC episode 'Chat,Chat,Chat.

Tuesday saw episode 1 of Momo:The Girl God of Death aka
    The Ballad of a Shinigami.I liked that we don't get to see Momo
    and Daniel until afterwe had gotten to know Mai and Koutou.I think that made the episode a lot more effective than otherwise.I also liked the fact that it is done in such a slow purposeful manner that you get to care what happens to Mai. Very Happy 
    I also liked that Momo threatened to take the kitten's life to show Koutou
    that he wasn't really angry at it but was using it to vent his anger for the lost of Mai.
    Also loved Momo's  Sad  at the end.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/7/2014, 3:01 pm

Wednesday episode 4 of Pretty Guardina Sailor Moon.I loved the way the girls hit on using
    Minako's 'C'est la vie' single as part of their attack.Nice choreagraphy as well. Cool 
    And next week is an Ami episode. I love you 

Thursday re-watched episode 6 of Rosario x Vampire Capu 2 'School Trip And A Vampire'
    which I had seen earlier last month.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/7/2014, 3:10 pm

It appears SM is in again so it's not just you. *Ahem*

Kara no Kyoukai - Mirai Fukuin, movie  cheers 
    Oh, bloody hell. As the title says it's about future seers. The movie is basically a discussion about the future & prediction, views thereof etc. Despite being kind of mundane story-wise you probably won't notice and get lead on and dragged along.
    It's kind of nice.

Nisekoi
    With nothing really good around I found this classic type of show. It's a mixture of good old recipes and genre. Maybe not great but you won't get disappointed.
    It's about a boy who meets his outrageous counter part and ends up being forced to be her boyfriend. The feeling is mutual so both struggle to keep up appearance.  bounce lol!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/10/2014, 2:07 pm

Can you be specific as to which SM we're talking about. I think you mean
    Sailor Moon but since Silent Mobius also has SM for initials
    it's a bit confusing as which you mean.

Friday:Black Lagoon episode 23 'Snow White's Payback'
    Looks like Rock's been taking stupid pills.I mean did he not read the
    memo that you don't piss Balalaika off?And boy is she strong,she took
    him by one hand and lifted him on top of that car hood like he was a
    rag doll.Now only the series finale left.

Saturday:Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 14 'Weaving A Story'
    This episode is worth it just because the fact it contains the famous
    "Rei's Poem" to start off the second half.If I remember they changed
    the part of the Eva going berserk in 2.22 with Asuka inside instead of
    Shinji in the episode.

Sunday:Silent Mobius episode 'Kagome,Kagome'
    A really good Nami episode.I like the ending where it turns out that the
    whole thing was all in her head.I also have to say the first time I saw
    this episode on Anime Unleashed was before I had ever seen a single
    episode of Inuyasha so I associated the name Kagome with the
    children's song and not with the character.Just like the first time I saw
    a character named Kaede was on Betterman.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 2:01 pm