Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+3
JGZinv
Lt Light Ark
tanis1lionheart
7 posters

Random Thought

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4195
    Imperial Credits : 17867
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Random Thought - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by mitsuki lover 8/28/2017, 2:07 pm

Yeah having sound makes a lot of difference, especially in trying to learn language on the internets.
    Listening to how the words are actually pronounced makes a whole lot of difference. Before I could only guess in my head as to the sound.

Nautilus got me stumped because the only two I know about are Captain Nemo's ship and the first
    nuclear submarine that successfully navigated under the North Pole.

We certainly could use some of the rain here. about an inch or two. Hard to look at other people suffering from too much rain when you have had too few.

Of course everything is going back to Katrina in comparison.

Pretty exciting second half to the Vikings game yesterday. Just goes to show that it's always the score at the end that counts, no matter how far ahead you are if you end up loosing no one really cares that you were up 24-3 at half time.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 18982
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 8/29/2017, 3:17 pm

Scientist (yet again) conclude the hurricane being an example of what's to some. The weather chaos is definitely a result of 2016 over usage emissions. It's too clear after looking at the data. Anyway, so evacuation orders were given for the southern parts. I guess this will have long term influence like Katrina did or perhaps more so due to larger area affected.

So NKorea shot a second time in a row in the mornings over North Japan. Since no forces reacted and intercepted them people are extremely nervous and doubtful. From point of view the military didn't want to waste million buck missiles when it's clear the missiles won't hit. Note that "land" is just half way on the missiles' path so they were far high up over land when they passed. Altitude estimated to be 550 km (space). Actually, that's too far to intercept from the sides. They obviously calculated this.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 8/30/2017, 1:52 pm

So far it seems they're testing for distance and not accuracy. Just because Kim keeps talking about
    targeting Guam doesn't mean they have the accuracy to actually hit Guam.
    Even then it would be a rather short war, since the US would be able to retaliate within seconds of any
    such attack.
    And this is why neither side attacked the other during the Cold War; both the US and the USSR
    knew that the minute a nuke was launched and hit either Moscow or Washington DC the other
    side could retaliate with devastating effect.
    Or does Kim know that little factoid?

Re-reading The Ultimate Spider-Man short story collection edited by Stan Lee copyrighted

I still don't know about the new movie.
    I guess it would be worth the watch simply for the scenes with Tony Stark in them.
    And speaking of which. I seem to becoming a bit of an Ironman fan more and more.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 8/31/2017, 3:32 pm

Yep, not to mention reliability. The missiles still explode shortly after launch.

More discussions came up about
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/aug/25/how-could-the-sonic-attack-on-us-diplomats-in-cuba-have-been-carried-out
    Reporters are puzzled about this etc. Well, such a weapon is actually on sale for some time. It's selling point is that it targets the brain so even earplugs will not work.
    and here old stuff explanations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFm3J1cTSv4

With rain still keep raining in TX it's getting from bad to worse. At this point I have no doubt it's becoming worse than Katrina. If only it would have stopped on last Saturday it would have worked out. I hope people can still get out before their area gets flooded, too.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/1/2017, 1:44 pm

Amen.

Lot of people need help and lot of people giving it.
    Did you see the video of a bunch of guys with monster trucks helping a stuck national guard truck
    out of the water?

Also don't forget about the animals. Lot of pets and strays that lost their homes are getting evacuated to different parts of the country to find new homes,including eastern Washington.

That reminds me, in the manga of Inubaka:Crazy for Dogs in one volume they go down to
    a city where there was a big earthquake and there're a bunch of homeless dogs that need rescuing.
    So fiction kinda resembles real life at times.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/4/2017, 1:48 pm

Happy Labor Day. Very Happy

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/6/2017, 1:39 pm

It's been so smokey here in the Inland Northwest that several outdoor games have had to be cancelled. The playoffs in the Northwest League short term A league between Spokane and Vancouver
    have had to be moved to BC for the entire series.
    Also an outdoor concert by the Spokane Symphony had to be cut off midway through because it was just too bad for both the audience and the musicians.
    I don't think we've had anything like this before up here; it's even worse than when they used to
    burn the grass in north Idaho.

So MLB is winding down and I don't know which to look forward to more now: NHL or NFL.
    With the Vegas Golden Knights now in the NHL it makes hockey even more interesting to be watching. Since Idaho is in the Knights broadcast area, I wonder if we'll get any of their games
    locally since we're in eastern Washington.
    But seriously I'd be only interested in picking up the Minnesota/Vegas games since I consider my
    first loyalty to the Wild.

I pretty much given up on the news these days, either way we seem to be doomed! Twisted Evil
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/8/2017, 1:31 pm

Need to go back to dentist on the 20th to get some fillings worked on... Crying or Very sad
    Also they decided to move me from every six months to having appointments every fourth month
    in order to monitor my gums etc.
    Still need to see the peridonist but money and transport are the two biggies.

They also found a couple swollen glands well doing a check of my jaws so have to tell the doctor about them on Monday when I have my appointment.
    Will be glad when October gets here and all these appointments are down and over.

Not been outside all day because of the smoke and need to rest those glands a bit.

Sending away for Monster Musume either Saturday or Monday so it will be my treat for
    September.
    We also have the Friends of the Library book sale at church on Fri & Sat.
    Speaking of which I'm joining,finally after twenty years of attending. Very Happy

Re-watched part 1 of The Emissary on DS9 yesterday night. Picard looks
    nervous when Sisko mentions he was on the Saratoga at Wolf 351.
    What I liked about the opener is that you actually get to see what was happening at
    Wolf 351 while the Enterprise D was trying to repair and get underway again after their own
    run in with Locutus and the Borg.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/11/2017, 1:58 pm

Doctor at 2:15 so won't be eating until after 3:00. Sad

Watched The Orville pilot yesterday and it was pretty impressive. Ok, some of the raunchier
    language aside,but then again it is a Seth MacFarland production.
    Nice solid Star Trek connections too.
    Can't wait to see the episodes that Jonathan Frakes and Robert Duncan McNeil directed.
    btw: Victor Garber as Admrial Halsey lent some gravitas.I hope that when possible they can
    bring him back as a recurring character,as long as there isn't a conflict with his DC's Legends of Tomorrow shooting schedule.
    Also Penny Johnson Jerald as the doctor. Great to see a familiar face from DS9.

Before that I watched the re-run of the pilot episode of Touched By An Angel on
    Metv. I always wondered how Tess got that sweet ride. Laughing
    What made it work while so many other Faith Based projects seem to fail IMHO was that
    it doesn't try to prove anything but starts from the premise that the supernatural exists,
    and that eg angels are real and goes from there.
    A lot of other Faith Based Projects try to start at the other end,ie trying to prove
    first and that's why they tend to falter.

That reminds me I finally got around to joining church yesterday to become a regular member.
    Except now I don't have an excuse to duck out of congregational meetings like before.
    Oh...well... Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/13/2017, 1:13 pm

Choir starts again tonight and this week we have our Friends of the Library book sale Th.-Sat.

Next week got to get my fillings worked on...fun! Twisted Evil

Everything worked out alright at the doctor except I have to go get another colonoscopy one of these days....yuck!

Apparently the polyp they find was pretty large and they want to see if they got enough of it.

Things Hillary has yet to blame her lost on:
    1. El Nino
    2.Irma
    3.Harvey
    4.Global Warming
    5.Global Cooling
    6.Chicken McNuggets
    7.The Onion
    8.Not getting tickets to Hamilton on election night
    9.cat allergies
    10.dog allergies
    11.Ishtar
    12.the lunar eclipse
    13.the Yankees
    14.the Dollar Tree
    15.too tight fitting shoes
    16.Mac 'n' Cheese
    17.Game of Thrones
    18.British don't vote in American elections
    19.Canadians don't vote in American elections
    20.French don't vote in American elections
    21.Americans (sadly)vote in American elections
    22.had to change grandkids diapers for Chelsea.
    23.stupid miners and steelworkers who really thought I was going to keep my promise and fire them all!
    24.Bill!
    25.Nobody told me that I had to win the stupid Electoral College! I mean why can't this be like
    Venezuela or North Korea and I can become Dictator for Life automatically?
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/13/2017, 10:05 pm

lol Oh yeah her new book. Sorry but no time to read it, although, I believe there'S plenty more to be heard.

"The Orville" was funny as advertised but not so much more, though. The Trek connection is certainly quite well done. The design looks like from a certain recent (few years old) space game and or some anime etc. In any case the characters are more closer to current young generation. I guess JJAbrams' success in that direction led to this characterization as opposed to the past ones.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/15/2017, 1:11 pm

It's going to be interesting to see how many people watch it just because CBS pissed them off with the way they handled the whole Star Trek:Discovery thing.
    Looks like it will be on Thursdays in tandem with the new season of Gotham. Since there
    isn't anything on Thursday that I watch any way,this could be a good chance to watch both.

Well it is interesting now that Hilary is calling for the elimination of the Electoral College, as before
    she was all for it. The whole "There's-No-Way-Trump-Can-Get-To-270" meme.exploding in her face.
    Of course if that ever happened we could end up in a one party state,since the more populous
    states would swing everything their way.

Interesting ending to the whole Hydra Cap story: it now appears that the whole thing was
    created by the living avatar of the Cosmic Cube because she mistakenly thought it would make
    everyone happy.
    So winds up the real Cap uses Thor's hammer to wipe the floor with Hydra Cap.
    Though one thing I think Marvel did right is that the people who died are still dead and there's
    still a lot of consequences that have to be faced.
    After reading all of that I think I would pick up the TPB once it comes out,just for the final fight
    between Captain America and the Hydra Captain.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/17/2017, 10:37 pm

Well, Discovery's coming next Saturday so we will see.
    Meanwhile, Orville ep.2   Portus and his egg with vulcan likeness weirdest combination. lol

Apropos latest Marina Sirtis talks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PuD3XWjaI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_NeiF76AZA

------------
    Looks like all the NKorea test firing over Japan is creating pressure on the military to display a show of force to shoot them down. I understand public unrest and insecurity but doing nothing is also a war tactic.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/18/2017, 1:58 pm

And the final scene between Bortus and Klyden when the egg hatches and it turns out to be
    female instead of male was something else.
    I suppose in a single sex species that would be an anomaly.
    Though it probably has to do something with the fact that when the buoy exploded Bortus got
    thrown off the egg thus changing the temperature.
    That happens in a lot of egg laying species: temperature can determine whether a male or female
    will hatch.

8:30 is such a weird time to premiere a full hour drama.

We finally got rain! Very Happy
    After about 80 days of no rain it was good to hear it pounding on the windows overnight.

oh yeah...did you notice yesterday's Orville was directed by Robert Duncan McNeil?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/20/2017, 1:25 pm

Back from the dentist and the novocaine is slowly wearing off. I had to have gas because I am a bit sensitive and without the gas the novocaine hurts like hell. So interesting factoid the new dentist
    is from Michigan and was talking a bit about the Lions. Unfortunately his wife is from Wisconsin and
    is a big Packers fan...
    You know like being from New Jersey or New York and being a Yankees fan and married to a
    Red Sox fan( sorry Cheers fans but the Yankees are the better of the two teams).

The Orville starts at its regular time tommorrow right after Gotham. Speaking of which
    this season Bruce finally dons the cape and cowl (kinda) to become Batman.

I feel sorry for the Mariners continuing their streak of play off less seasons but as a Twins fan
    I'm just rooting for the Twinkies to get the final wild card.
    Also since Spokane is in the Texas farm system I feel like I have divided loyalties in the AL West.
    I want Seattle to do well but at the same time I really want all those former Spokane Indian
    players on the Rangers to make it good as well.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/22/2017, 1:11 pm

My new debit card came in the mail today so I had to call in to get it all set. I had to do it twice since I can't remember my Social Security number and had to go find my card.

The two most memorable quotes from yesterday's The Orville episode: "About A Girl""Tell us about your penis."

" You see even though
    he's the best pilot in the Union Fleet,he's also a complete idiot!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think if this had been Star Trek the verdict would have of course been different.
    Also are Bortus and Klyden going to be honest when their 'son' gets old enough and tell 'him'
    about the operation? Or are they going to be like Klyden's parents and not let 'him' know
    until 'he' finds out by accident?
    I think the whole thing about Klyden coming from left field as it did was really good, it helped
    explain why he was so adamant about the surgery after Bortus had a change of heart.

Looks like Seattle is going to continue their streak of not making it to the MLB playoffs.
    Maybe someone should start a protest movement or something. They can invite Miochael
    Bennett from the Seahawks over and he can take a knee during batting practice until the Ms
    are let in the playoffs! Laughing

Finally: No, if you get rid of President Trump you do not get President Hilary Clinton.
    You do not pass Go or collect $200 either for that matter; what you do get is President Pence.
    My God! don't the anti-Trumpers on the far Left ever read the Constitution!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/25/2017, 2:03 pm

Discovered Gocomics they have some really great new titles to read.
    really enjoy Dragon Girl and Brewster Rockit and some others.
    But one of the main reasons to go there is because they also have older comics like:
    Dick Tracy,Alley Oop, Tarzan and Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
    good stuff! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Didn't watch Discovery because felt pretty much meh! why watch a show I'll probably
    never get a chance to see again? Instead re-watched Star Trek on Heroes & Icons.
    They reran "By Any Other Name" the one with the Kelvins in it.
    And the one that gave us the immortal line:" It's Green!" lol!

Sentai is going all BD only after 2018, so I guess sooner or later I shall have to think about
    looking around for a BD player...yuck...didn't want to do it, but have to think about upgrading
    before it gets too late.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/26/2017, 8:20 am

Well, I watched "ST Discovery" so I'll bore you with my opinion.
    Overall it's good except for the Klingons. The new Klingons consist of 24 houses (+1 the dishonored house of the main villain here). He gathers and unite the Klingons to fight the Federation to protect their ways. This is in line with the current nationalism & xenophobia we see around the world for the past two decades... The new Klingons are like fashion people from some court. In fact it crossed my mind this looked like a chinese court drama written by westerners with no real relationship to reality. Anyways, in the end Micheal gets imprison for life for her crimes in this incident.
    My guess on how it will go on is she either gets pardoned or she joints Section 31-like Federation Homeland security whatever group. On the other side the nobody second-hand man of the villain rises to replace him and become a well known war general.
    As for the ship, it obviously took lots of inspiration from all kinds of places. It featured ringed saucer for more windows, obviously. An alternative throw away design. Since like me I'm guessing no sane engineer would sacrify precious internal volume for windows when human eyes are worthless out there. Not to mention increases danger, more maintenance, less efficiency, etc.

------------------
    My computer has a serious problem. It appears to have some faulty RAM sector(s). Gosh, this is serious trouble since this is my only working computer now. I will have to replace the RAM asap. Before that I need to save my data. Can't afford to loose the last scraps I have left. Products these days are near worthless crap. :/

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/27/2017, 1:51 pm

I don't know, that doesn't sound too encouraging and how do we know she wasn't already working for
    Section 31? As you know they tend to be pretty sneaking (just ask Sloan).

Yeah it does sound dumb to have so many windows. I think the Dominion on DS9 may have
    had the correct approach by having the Vorta and First using holographic projector type lens
    to see outside and to communicate with. Looks cooler too.

Well the only Houses I am aware of are: The House of Mogh, The House of Duras,The House
    of Martok and of course The House of Quark! Laughing Laughing

Like I said I wasn't interested in watching it because of the fact that it was only going to air once
    on CBS and so why bother?

AFAIG Sentai is offering to giveaway free BD players to anyone who buys $300 worth of product. Though you still have to buy $300 worth of product, so I don't get where the BD player is free
    since you have to buy something in order to get it.
    It's a nice gesture for those who don't have BD players...but $300? If I had that much to spend I would
    go and buy one on my own and not worry about spending my money on product in order to
    get it free.

Personally I will wait until I can comparison shop and get the right model for my needs.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/29/2017, 1:57 pm

Waiting for UPS to get here with some slippers my mom sent away for weeks ago. I think the problem
    is that they have a new driver for the route or a sub that doesn't know the route. Should have
    been here at least a couple weeks ago.

I think there are several times on Star Trek they could've used that devise that Dr. Finn
    used to get the bullets out of Alara on The Orville yesterday night.
    Like I say love the way they continue to tweak Star Trek tech on the show and come up
    with some of their own unique tech as well.
    So far though they haven't come up with transporters, but we'd miss Isaac piloting the shuttle
    in yesterday's episode if they did.

I wonder who the Union's going to get to man the bio-ship after they fix the thing. Probably not the same nitwits who have been running things for the past few centuries and think Captain Durell
    was some sort of god.

And when they retract the roof was one of the best FX scenes.

And next week Cherize Theron!....oh!man! will they ever get the Shatner to appear? Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 9/29/2017, 7:21 pm

"Orville" is loosely technical and avoids technobubble. It's placed between SW and ST. So the technology is leaning more toward the magic on one hand while being less on some for the greater range of plot/action. Yep, the mini tractor tool could be in ST VOY futures but not in TNG.
    So far I think Orville is bringing classic Scifi on the screen but made so even kids would understand. Like the zoo (see Gantz or 60's novels), the colony bio(sphere) ship (see Rendezvous with Rama etc.). About the Captain God/dictator thing of a lost ship, I heard/read/seen this multiple times I don't remember the original source anymore. LoGH for example has that, too.
    The dome opening up was good as well as the view onto the inside. They said there were millions in an area of what 70 km? But it didn't look anywhere close imho. Also a ship flying at very slow sublight even for thousand of years, do you really need to ask where it comes from? OK, you ask for the name as a courtesy. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/2/2017, 2:08 pm

Yeah, I had Star Trek episode "For The Earth is Hollow and I have touoched The Sky"
    episode in mind for that one, although The Orville was able to do it better because of better
    FX.

This afternoon I have to start raking the leaves again. Finally getting to be Fall around here.

Saw a really gorgeous looking rainbow appear yesterday at 6 p.m.

This month I begin:
    Bubblegum Crisis,Tokyo 2040
    School Live
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Girls Und Panzers
    Monster Musume
    with BCG,Tokyo 2040 and GUP being the only ones I have seen in part or all of
    before.
    I also continue with K-ON! season 1.
    I also plan on ordering Flying Witch looks like a nice title to watch.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/3/2017, 12:49 am

Yeah, fall is already here, too. It's time I start stocking some canned food, I feel lazy to have to go the extra mile in the cold of winter.

In the latest "the Last Ship" it turns out the main villain, a scientist, claiming to able to cure the plants and save the world also has developed a drug which makes men docile and enslaves them to his will... Too simplistic but not unheard off. The same idea was used in Killjoys. Actually, I'm seeing many correlations in recent (scifi) shows. I guess the ideas are running out.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/4/2017, 1:49 pm

Unless it's Mutants and/or Inhumans. Laughing Laughing

Am I the only one who wished that McGarret and the rest of the 5-O team had shown up midway
    through Inhumans on Friday? I mean it was filmed in freakin' Honolulu so you expect
    McGarret and co. to show up! Laughing
    Any way I did enjoy it even with it's faults.Gotta love Lockjaw! If nothing else.
    And I wonder if it lasts long enough we might wind up seeing a certain mutant speedster
    since Quicksilver and Crystal wind up married in the comics.

The Gifted was also great fun.So The Mutant Underground is taking over from where
    the missing X-Men left off.
    I wonder how many noticed Stan Lee exiting the bar that they used as a rendevousz point?
    Looked like he shaved his stache.

I have already started looking at BD players online.
    They seem to run from $550 to $60, but I would like one of the less expensive ones.
    Don't really need all the bells and whistles,just one that would play all of my DVDs including the
    damaged ones(warped and scratched)as well as BDs (the few that I have are part of
    anime that were double sets:Black Lagoon;Spice And Wolf;Blood-c:The Last Dark;GUP:This Is The Real Anzio Battle!)

It does seem to be about the right time to upgrade since even the more recent less expensive
    models can play most if not all DVDs where before a lot of the older ones couldn't.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/6/2017, 6:19 am

Couldn't they come up with something else than "inhuman" like "the others" or so?

Discovery is actually on Netflix, too. So episode 3 Micheal "happens" to find herself on board of a Star Fleet Black Ops ships (black star badges). The ship is doing research on a bio life form which forms(in symbiosis with the universe) the fabric of the galaxy allowing instantaneous travel. Sounds like a variation of ideas from Macross Frontier and other animes.

Seal Team was so-so still very civilian noobish. It's main points are rather the private life side at home.

-------------
    https://japantoday.com/category/features/health/switching-to-e-cigs-would-delay-millions-of-deaths-study
    hmm, didn't they say not too long ago it was bad?

Looks like since the Japanese born british author won the noble prize there's interest in (re)printing his novel in Japan. Obviously nobody cared before. Laughing

https://japantoday.com/category/politics/u.s.-oks-missile-sales-to-japan-amid-n.-korea-threat
    Hmm, so the Japanese are buying america's most modern air-2-air missiles that are actually less advanced than their own AAM-4, the first in the world to have phased array radar on board. Looks like they were forced to appease Donald T. And just enough to arm a single squadron (or two) for a single sortie.

Looks like Catalanians will set themselves free no matter what. I have no doubt one way or another this is not gonna end well as wished for. The same for all the other now mounting their own initiatives around the world. Science papers also recently confirmed my hypothesis about nationalism, that it's the cause of the troubles (it's supposed to counter) in itself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 6:27 pm