Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

5 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17933
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 9/23/2016, 5:15 pm

Wed. episode 8 of Moribito, this was interesting the way that the swordsmith was patient and willing to listen to both sides of the story. It may have been slow for those who perfer a lot of action,
    but still a nice look into how Balsa became Balsa. Also the people who were hunting her came across as
    not bad men but simply men doing a job, just like she was.

Th. episode 24 of Devil Lady, this is more of a quiet and reflective piece: that is the first several minutes,until the American soliders rumble in. It's also pretty much of a clip show with Jun
    remembering some of the good and bad times she's had.
    Her memories of Katsumi are the most melancholic part of the episode.

I wonder if Chiyoko remembers Jun's words. It would've been nice if there could've been a sequel
    about the impact Jun had on Chiyoko.

Tonight I finish what I have of Angel Tales with episode 7, a sweet little bit of puppy love (well if it had been Nana it would be a bit literal Laughing but it's our favorite shy little monkey
    Momo.)
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 9/26/2016, 1:53 pm

Well all done with what I have of Angel Tales for this time around. I still don't get the whole
    reasoning for Ran putting on those glasses when the older angels are teaching the mini-trio. Unless
    she's been watching Please Teacher! and thinks that's the way teachers should look! Laughing

Overall not a bad dub, almost as good as the original. It didn't hurt matters that Kari Wahlgren,
    Michelle Ruff and Wendee Lee were all in it.

Saturday episode 4 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica this is the follow up to Mami's death and it's pretty grim,especially for poor Madoka. Homura continues to try to prevent her from making the decision to sign a contract with Kyubey and seems to work. Meanwhile Sayaka makes her own fateful decision.Poor girl, her own problem was she wasn't emotionally as stable as Madoka.
    btw: The Witch we don't see in episode 4 was that Mami's Witch form?
    I think the hints are that: 1. we see Mami's image on the tv screens and 2. the minions that Madoka
    enounter all have halos signifying a recently deceased person.

Sunday episode 4 of Blassreiter, XAT tries to contain the Demonaic Infection but Beatrice is
    one step ahead. Elea tries hard to get Joseph to use his Demonaic form more and Jill starts going
    downhill.
    Meanwhile Maleck's best friend Johan betrays him in order not to be bullied himself by the racist
    bullies.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/28/2016, 1:31 pm

Robotech on Monday. I watched the episode where Lisa tries to get her dad and the other
    Earth leaders to sit down and talk with the Zentraedi by showing them samples of the comparison of
    Zentraedi and Human DNA. This is also the one that starts the Max/Miriya love story going.

On Tuesday saw episodes 9 & 10 of RWBY Dr. Ooblick takes the girls out to an abandoned city to look for Grimm. The first day he asks Yang,Weiss and Blake why they want to be Huntresses.
    They can't sleep so end up talking it over.
    Later they find that Ruby has gone missing and also discover that there's an underground city
    because the surface had been overrun by Grimm.
    Meanwhile Ruby had been captured by a familiar criminal element...
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 9/30/2016, 5:36 pm

Wed. episode 9 of Moribito, Balsa and Chagum are surprised by a group of kids wanting to get some rice milled; the Star Reader Shuga gets into trouble and then meets Tanda.

Th. episode 25 of Devil Lady, basically Jun gets raped/seduced ,whichever one you perfer to call it, by Asuka and then sent straight to Hell (literally)whilst Asuka has 'her' apotheosis and turns into an "Angel of Light" proclaiming 'herself' "the Child of God".

In the meanwhile Katsumi's friends think they're escaping but only end up in Asuka's trap.

Tonight X episode 1.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/3/2016, 1:57 pm

Friday watched episode 1 of X subbed, like everyone who has seen both the movie and tv series totally better than the movie.

Saturday episode 5 of Madoka Kyoko's first full episode and Kyubey tempts Madoka to make a contract when he mentions that only another magical girl can break up the fight.
    Fortunately Homura shows up in time.

Cool way she has of tossing her hair around.

Sunday Blassreiter episode 5. And Jill turns into a full fledge Demonaic as XAT is trying to transport her to a safe place. I think next week ends the Gerd story arch.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19028
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 10/5/2016, 10:51 am

Macross Delta
    In the later part the songs are better but same few songs overall.
    The end was so-so nothing unexpected from what I have seen before I left.
    Overall nice graphics but average story. OK characters. A conservative show.
    Humans have already beaten all the powerful in the galaxy. Nothing's left.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/5/2016, 1:18 pm

RWBY Season 2 episodes 11 & 12 on Tuesday. The girls foil Thornwicke's plans but not until
    he manages to release the Grimm into the city.
    Nice ending overall to the season and now on to volume 3 and Season 3 next week.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/7/2016, 6:00 pm

Finished the dub of Devil Lady which wasn't bad and so next week will be watching
    Lupin III vs. Detective Conan:The Movie before going on to what I have of You're Under Arrest.

I also watched episode 10 of Moribito on Wednesday, it was interesting how Chagnum was able
    to teach Toya and the others a lesson; it was also interesting to see how understanding and forgiving he was of the men who were running the rigged game.
    I think he would make a good ruler.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/7/2016, 10:14 pm

Alderamin on the Sky ep.13
    I thought it was ending but seems to continue. So far it's a low level sort of Logh. Not much yet.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/10/2016, 1:42 pm

Firday episdoe 2 of X people are starting to question whether or not Kamui is the real Kamui because of his behavior.

Saturday episode 6 of Madoka Sayaka's behavior has Madoka concerned so Madoka does something radical that reveals the truth behind Soul Gems.

Sundah episode 6 of Blassreiter Gerd's last race.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/12/2016, 6:05 pm

Monday I watched an episode of Gundam Seed Destiny, it was a battle episode.

Tuesday episodes 1 and 2 of season 3 of RWBY.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/12/2016, 11:02 pm

Doesn't seem like there are many interesting shows this season. Or am I missing something...
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12549
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 10/13/2016, 11:52 am

We probably just need to jointly visit FunnyJunk and check out the latest GIFs on the anime threads. That's how I am able to keep track of any shows now.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/13/2016, 1:22 pm

Hoho. Nice site but these I don't have the time to go through all of that junk. Laughing
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/15/2016, 5:00 pm

Hmmmm.....

Anyhows I watched episode 11 of Moribito on Wednesday, Saya ends up in the spirit world when she drinks something called Flower Wine and Tanda goes in after her, but discovers he can't get out without help. It all ends up that Saya's upset over a marriage match because she loves Toya and
    she thinks he agreed to let her marry someone else because he doesn't feel the same way.

Th saw the movie: Lupin The Third versus Detective Conan this was a real Laughing fest
    from start to finish.
    Though you have to have seen the tv special (which I hadn't) to get some of the references such
    as Fujiko and the submarine!
    (So she and Ai have been longtime friends...)

Friday epsiode 3 of X The Dragons of Earth make another move, this time stealing the
    Holy Sword and murdering Kotori and Fuma's dad in the process. Though really this episode seems to be a lot about fate with a lot of people discussing it.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 10/16/2016, 1:19 pm

So far my hunting for this season:

3-gatsu no Lion
    A slice of life anime about a boy who lives alone in an "empty" flat. Partly simple Shoujo-esque art with background painting. The OP, ED immediately piqued my interest. There was a french song in ep.1 (instrument only in ep.2). So I guess the OP/ED were somewhat imitating french.

Bloodivore
    Well, horror survival. This world has some secret the inhabitants don't know... In this world it seems people got some kind of sickness which turn some into semi-vampires while others are dormant or normal. And there seems to be some secret organiyation conducting experiments with hemomancers (from hemoglobin? ). Sor far simplistic. So I'm only curious about the secret.

Occultic;Nine
    Another fast talking, mind-twisting show. It requires some concentration to follow. I don't mean the extremely well endorsed girl and her blazing ray gun. I don't think this is for me.

Shuumatsu no Izetta
    At first glance a magic show (actually witch) in an alternative WWII war setting.
    Beautiful background art matching european countryside setting, otherwise average art.
    Princess Ortfine of Eylstadt(=Tyrol) is on a secret mission to negotiate with Britannia in Westria(=swiss?)
    So the Germanians are looking for her... So far this one is most interesting.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/17/2016, 1:57 pm

Saturday episode 7 of Madoka this is the one where we get into Kyouko's background.
    Sayaka stubbornly refuses to listen to her. Also Hitomi tells Sayaka that she wants to confess to
    Kyosuke but tells her that she realizes that Sayaka also has feelings for him and gives her time to
    confess before she does.
    hmmm....it doth look like Sayaka becoming a witch had a lot to do with her own stubborn selfishness as much as anything else.

Sunday episode 7 of Blassreiter Maleck's friend Johann hangs himself and Maleck becomes
    susceptible to Beatrice's offer. Amanda is unable to comfort her brother.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/19/2016, 1:08 pm

I watched Yukikaze raw on Monday, and then on Tuesday saw episodes 3 and 4 of season 3 of
    RWBY. IIRC isn't Schnee the German word for snow? I may be wrong.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/21/2016, 2:19 pm

Wed. saw episode 12 of Moribito, it was about Chagum challenging a bully who called his father names. Unfortunately it happened during a festival and Balsa warned him strictly not to go since they
    were supposed to be dead. Winds up Chagum defeats the bully by letting for the last minute and then
    side stepping and the other boy fell off the ring hence loosing according to the rules.
    But the kid starts whining and Balsa ends up fighting the father. She handedly tosses him out the ring
    even though he was larger and heavier (comes from her being a professional fighter).

Th. watched episode 33 of You're Under Arrest! since this was my first time with the series
    I didn't know what to expect but was Laughing throughout it. The episode was about a male idol who all the women and girls were gaga over except Miyuki and Natsumi( note: never piss Natsumi off!).
    Any way the guy was a real jerk and treated everyone else as though they were beneath him.
    So after finding out all his traffic tickets were some how disappearing from the precinct's computer
    M and N decide with the help of the Chief to get even....hilarity ensues as it results in one of the
    hysterical chases in tv history. The ending has our heroines getting their revenge.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/24/2016, 1:54 pm

Friday episode 4 of X following the attack on Kotori and Fuma's father and the theft of the sword another one of the Seven Angels appears. Also a mysterious organization makes it's appearance.
    They have someone in a stasis tube that they are studying.

Saturday episode 8 of Madoka bring hankies to this one as we say bye bye to Sayaka. Crying or Very sad
    Actually Kyubey's last words in the episode work better in Japanese than English as it's meant to be a pun on the fact that in Japanese the words for Magic Girl and Witch are similar.

Sunday episode 8 of Blassreiter. Maleck decides to take the pill Beatrice gives him and then
    becomes a Demonaic and kills the bullies who tormented Johann to commit suicide.
    Amanda steps in and stops the others from killing Maleck. In the meantime Wolf starts his own
    degeneration as he comes under Beatrice's control.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/26/2016, 1:08 pm

Watched Di Gi Charat Nyo! on Monday. The first one was about the old woman from the bakery
    stalking Puchiko and very badly at that! Laughing
    It ends with the baker creating new pasteries called 'Puchie' in honor of Puchiko.
    The second was the backstory of how and why Deijiko and Puchiko ended up on Earth with Gemma
    narrating, so things were shown from his perspective.

On Tuesday saw episodes 5 and 6 of season 3 of RWBY Penny and her partner win their match and Weiss and Yang also advance. Later Phyrra is selected by the Council to become the
    the next Fall Maiden. Finally Mercury and company frame Yang for deliberately attacking him after
    she had one their match.
    The way they hacked the video system it's hard not to blame anyone for thinking she did it when in fact Mercury was the attacker.

btw: what's with the play by play guy that looks like Captain Kangaroo?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/28/2016, 6:28 pm

Episode 13 of Moribito on Wed. and as Balsa feared one of her past enemies has learned that she and
    Chagum are still alive. He threatens to kill the first traveler who passes through a certain check point if she doesn't fight him but she tries to ignore him. That is until he makes good on his threat and
    attacks a teacher and her guide. Balsa winds up acting as body guard for them.
    The teacher tells her the story of the warrior who becomes a tiger because he was so ferocious that he lost all his humanity.
    Rather when she sees Balsa fight she is worried that she will become a tiger too. Fortunately the
    man lives and the teacher sends her guide to tell Balsa everything is ok.

Episode 34 of You're Under Arrest on Th. The chief is told to take a day off and goes and spends it at Tokyo Tower. Unfortunately there's a high wind of 64 mph reported for the area and
    he gets marooned on the upper observation deck when he chases a purse snatcher.
    The traffic division then has to come up with a plan to rescue him and the boy that's stuck on the outside of the observation deck with him.
    The problem being the winds are too high for even the Search and Rescue aircraft.

This is a two parter.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 10/31/2016, 1:44 pm

Episode 5 of X on Friday and finally got to see more of my favorite character and her inukami (not named Yoko! Laughing .... Inukami joke there.) Also Hinoto's younger sister shows her
    ability to enter her older sister's dream state and the Dragons of Earth make an unexpected attack.
    So far I can see why people love the series but hate the movie.

Episode 9 of Madoka on Saturday. Kyouko's plan of having Madoka see if she can reach
    Sayaka's witch form by talking to her doesn't sound like a bad idea but for some reason doesn't work.
    So Kyouko takes a last chance and sacrifices herself in order to save Sayaka.

Episode 9 of Blassreiter on Sunday. Amanda's taken off the case because of Maleck.This gives her time to reflect and think on her relationship with him and why she adopted him as her brother in the first place.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/2/2016, 1:51 pm

Omamori Himari confirmation was sent in today by Rightstuf so looks like my favorite sword swinging demon slaying Catgirl is on her way! Cool
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/4/2016, 1:40 pm

Monday I watched Full Metal Panic:TSR for my Raw Monday anime airing.

Tuesday saw episodes 7 and 8 of Season 3 of RWBY, it was interesting to see the flashback before getting back to the actual storyline.

Wednesday episode 14 of Moribito, so the whole history has been a lie!
    Wonder what's going to happen to Shagu now that he knows the truth.

Thursday episode 35 of You're Under Arrest! and Natsumi risks her life to help save the Chief who is still stuck on the top observation deck of Tokyo Tower.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 7:56 pm