Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

5 posters

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4207
    Imperial Credits : 17909
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 7 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 2/6/2017, 3:51 pm

So season 2 of the live action Moribito sounds like it starts where the anime left off.
    I wonder if we'll ever see an official license of the live action series...probably not. How many books are there?

Friday episode 19 of X this was mainly the backstory of Karen. Though it doesn't go into how
    she wound up in her...um...current 'profession'.Any way she witnesses Aoki and Yuto making a
    date to fight. Inventing Aoki over she drugs him in order to take his place. Part of it is because she
    loves him and the other part is she knows he told her he went to get a divorce at the place where
    Yuto worked so he could protect his family.

Saturday episode 11 of Vividred Akane and the girls go to the rescue of Rei, even though she
    still thinks they betrayed her.Akane finally gets through to her after breaking down the glass barrier.
    The others arrive and also tell Rei they want to be friends.
    In the meanwhile Professor Isshiki has determined that Rei is from another dimension and acts as a
    beacon for the Alone.
    The Raven appears and reveals that it's all been a test but that even though they didn't kill Rei
    like 'she' wanted they still fail and swallws Rei up.

Great scene: Agami telling the bridge bunnies at the UDF to ignore the fact that Akane and the others have just entered HQ without orders.

Sunday episode 23 of Blassrieter The final battle begins. Malek goes off to confront
    Xargin while Mei Fong and Shito face off against the UN planes with Sasaha trying to finish off
    the ISIS program. Elea decides that she doesn't like the Commander being her new 'room-mate'
    and exists the computer mainframe. When the ISIS program is finished Sasaha sends Elea with it to
    Joseph.
    He arrives just as Xargin as defeated Malek.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 7 Empty Re: The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread?

Post by mitsuki lover 2/8/2017, 3:05 pm

Do they all feature Balsa?

Monday re-watched episode 3 of Gad Guard raw. This has one of the best jazz OPs and
    EDs outside of Cowboy Bebop. The main story was introduction of the rich girl and her
    Technode Messerschmidt. The secondary part had Hajiki being chased around Night Town by
    the gang.
    And Catherine is still hanging around because she's pissed that Hajiki mislaid her precious Gad
    so she's making life as miserable as possible for Hajiki and his boss.

Tuesday episode 12 of Wizard Barristers and so the whole thing with Shimzu's father wanting
    Cecil to defend him winds up to be basically a trap so that he and the prosecutor(who was secretly
    in league with him) could charge her in open court as being the one who killed his son.
    Fortunately Ageha and her brother have a trump card in the Chief Justice who willingly testifies to the whole plot.
    Makusu then attempts to use magic in open court forcing Cecil and Hotaru to respond.
    After he's subdued and sentenced the judge allows Cecil's use of magic as permissible but warns her
    to be careful about it in the future.
    The ending includes Cecil and Hotaru working on a case together while teasing each other that they'll
    outdo the other. At the very end Cecil and Moyo are together and Cecil tells her about a dream she had and asks:"What are you?"
    "You won't tell anyone but I'm..." and at that point the show ends.
    So interesting that Moyo is about to fess up that she's really Lucifer to Cecil when it all ends but we really don't get to hear her confess it.

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/10/2017, 3:40 pm

Wed. episode 2 of Akame Ga Kill Tatsumi meets the rest of Night Raid and is teamed up with
    Akame as his first mentor. Leone tells Tatsumi about Akame's background. Later when the rest are
    gone on another mission Tatsumi goes on his first mission with Akame and Leone.
    And then he gets really bad news: his next mentor will be MINE! Laughing

The Akakill minisode was about either Akame or Leone fixing lunch. Poor Tatsumi RIP!

Th. episode 4 of NOIR After their current assignment Mirielle and Kirika head for the beach.
    But someone has betrayed their position and so they have to shoot their way out.
    Meanwhile the head of the mercenary company that was behind an attempted coup is visited by
    his daughter.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/13/2017, 3:38 pm

Friday episode 19 of X ummm...it does look like Arashi really does have feelings for Sorata after all considering the way she goes gunning for Fuma at the end after Sorata's injured.

Saturday episode 12 and ending of Vividred Operation the girls prove their friendship for Rei and the birth of Vivid Red. The epilog where Akane sees Rei's parrot and realizes she's returned from her world was sweet.

Sunday episode 24 and ending of Blassreiter Welp in Amanda's defense at the end it has been something like five years after the time skip since she last saw her brother Malek.
    Two Elea's for the price of one was worth it. Laughing

This weekend start on Omamori Himari and Kiddy Grade. Cool
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/15/2017, 2:22 pm

Episode 2 of Lain on my Raw Monday this week. A girls' night out at the Cyberia turns into a night of terror.

Tuesday started Suzuka this reminded me a bit of a certain other anime that was based around a single guy winding up living in an apartment building owned by an older female relative that was turned into an all girls dormitory. At least Yamato was warned about it by his aunt!

So...Saotome is pretty much Saotome even when she's drunk but Megumi turns into Saotome on
    steroids when she's drunk! Laughing

Suzuka may have been a bit pissed when Yamato messed up with adjusting the height of the high jump bar but easily forgave him.

Of course they start their relationship with the classic boy enters the wrong room trope.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19012
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Post by Almael 2/16/2017, 4:12 pm

Anime these days seem to be cheaply made: low grade character drawing with better BG to hide the fact
    There are exceptions more or less:

"Super Lovers", a yaoi show with classic manga drawing flair; sometimes the face is only a featureless mask when expression is unimportant.
    I haven't seen much to say about the story other than it's about average

"Kuzu no Honkai"
    based on the manga. Seems to be aimed at the mature audience but covers both teen and adult relationships. I guess it's aimed more toward the female audience as it's mostly from the view point of the heroine.

ZERO - Dragon Blood, live action
    looked it up out of curiosity. It's the x-th show in the Garo Makai Knight universe. Seems they invested quite a lot of effort in making the costumes.
    The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 7 Over_Time_grope
    The Dragon Knight is obviously based on classic manga/anime design. It's too bad his darkness theme somewhat ruins the look.

The Ubiquitous What Are You Watching Thread? - Page 7 0YoF67H
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/17/2017, 2:39 pm

Wed. watched episode 3 of Akame Ga Kill it starts off with Tatsumi being assigned to
    Mine. They're sent out to scout the capitol which turns into a shopping trip for Mine! Laughing
    Later the entire Night Raid is sent to asissinate one of the relatives of Prime Minister Honest.
    (This episode introduces Honest and his puppet kid emperor.)
    In the Agakill episode the gang goes to the hot springs to relax.

Th. episode 5 of NOIR a bottle of Scotch Whiskey holds an enigmatic clue that leads Mirielle and Kirika to a crypt in a local cemetery and the key to the organization that is after them.
    This is the last episode I have seen until episode 13 so episodes 6-12 and then 17-26 are what I haven't seen.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/18/2017, 11:36 am

Noir: Looks like you're missing the major battle that followed. And pretty much all the background stories from here on. I guess the few last episodes will be enough if you get them.

Seirei no Moribito, live action
    season 2 ep.3
    In exchange for their horse Balsa and Asla found refuge with some normad in their camp.
    Asla, born with the mark, reveals it was her mother who make her take their god Taluhamaya from a headless female mummy (Sada)...
    The camp is suddenly covered by some fog, Balsa investigates and engages the ninja like shamans. She wins but the fight prompts the nomads to banish them. They move toward New Yogo.
    Elsewhere, Shihana, Sfal's daughter cuts Tanda and Shikisa loose as it's clear they are worthless hostages. The old shaman Sfal of the Kashal, a Rota, tells them the "thrut" behind the Talu's god:
    Once there was Sada Taluhamaya, a beautiful woman of the Talu ancestors, with supernatural powers. As such other clans/tribes sought to posses her and killed her clan/parents. She fled into the forest and found a mystical tree which connects to other realms.
    There this evil god who feeds on anger, hatred and despairs merged with her. She used his power for revenge, conquer and dominate the lands, and suppress the Rota.
    Shikisa accuses the Rota of making that up. Tanda agrees to find Balsa under the condition that he can work on freeing Asla from the god.
    Balsa and Asla have settled in Shirogai, a border town in New Yoga, and sell plants gathered in the mountains. Here, Balsa seeks refuge at Masa's home, the owner of a weaving/clothing material business and an old aqcuaintance. She hires Balsa right away to keep her from running.
    Meanwhile, representative of south Rota complain about inequal tax compared to the north who are plaque by some sheep disease. They accuse Ihan, king Yosam's brother, of providing supporte to the Talu [due to his past lover Torishia (Asla's mother)]. They demand the purge of the Talu. Yosam reprimands Suan, their uncle, as this has no relation to the issue at hand. In exchange for the tax Suan demands to open the port to the Talsh Empire and allying with them. [Obvious move to take over power] Suan says this will avoid war and bring wealth, and not suffer New Yogo's fate. [He obviously already made deals behind the scene] Suan reveals news of the sinking of New Yogo's ship, hence, implying Chagum's death. [Therefore, neither an alliance nor the help of New Yogo's god would be possible.]
    The New Yogo counsel conclude it was a trap set up by the Sanga-Talsh. The Sangal demand surrender in exchange for the captives. The emperor tells them to ignore it in order to force the enemy's move. He orders the army to prepare. [only the Holy Sage worries about the Chagum and Shuga] The emperor intends to use Chagum's sacrifice to rally the kingdom for war. The Holy Sage realizes the emperor had already arranged for Chogum's assasination by the hunters.
    [The prisoner's are well fed! Luxurious if you ask me.] Chagum being depressed and negative gets rebuked by the hunters (royal ninjas) for being a kid. They remind him of the reality they face now. This forces Chagum to take up his responsibility.
    Balsa asks Asla whether she would want to live happily with Masa or still want to seek revenge. It's also where Jiguro left Balsa behind one day Once Shihana got the information where to find Balsa she betrays her father and Tanda. She seems to plan to use Asla's power to unite Rota. She messages Balsa to meet her in Rota or the hostages will die.

Next episode: it's war on all fronts

Valvrave the Liberator ep.1-2
    Well, it looked like another Gundam Seed esque show so I was and am still not so eager watching it but I have decided to give it a chance. So I'm going to watch it at a slow pace as with "Soukyuu no Fafner". I guess I will finish in a year perhaps. So far its story elements seem like a mix of Gundam and the Tekaman Blade/Orgun esque and space Vampire.

Youjo Senki
    Alternative WWII with witches (again) but this show's protagonist is a twisted one. I dunno if it's worth watching yet.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo
    Just like with "Is that a zombie" season continues but it's seems to get old if you know what I mean. I think the difference is it lacks a story not to mention a story arc. Anyway, it's still funny, only less than before. However, it seems the show is bend on introducing all the Maou's general one after another. So far we got two defeated. At this pace it's gonna be 3 seasons or they have to cramp the last few.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/19/2017, 7:07 pm

I Am a Hero (2016)
    movie of the manga of the same name.
    A zombie movie with typical blood flowing a la japanese. I feel guilty finding more than a few scene funny. Some of those mass scenes are well timed. Dunno how many times they shot it to get this done, though.
    PV: Be warned - blood and gore!

It seems the french are making a movie named "Parasite X". Alien life form invades earth... the monster are lie from resident evil and other typical japanese monster creature. Parasite is a very often used manga/doujin title for horror and such...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RB0c-YneGg
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/20/2017, 1:59 pm

Well now that I got the entire series of NOIR as well as the entirety of Kiddy Grade
    I am able to see both from start to finish. Very Happy

Friday episode 21 of X. This was pretty devastating in terms of deaths as Yuuto, Karen and
    Satsuki all die. Satuski's was the most tragic since unlike the other two her death wasn't caused by
    battle, instead for some reason the Beast began to show signs of conscience and jealousy of
    Satsuki's relationship to Yuuto. Even Kanoe was taken aback at the horror of seeing Satsuki dead, and that woman is pretty stoic when it comes down to it.
    I think it has to do with Satsuki being the youngest of the Seven Angels/Dragons of Earth just like
    Yusuriha is the youngest of the Seven Seals/Dragons of Heaven and so everyone else may have felt
    protective about her.

Saturday episode 1 of Omamori Himari I thought this was interesting in that the entirety of
    Yuto's "Harem" is seen in the prologue.IIRC Lizlet is actually one of the first people we see,which
    is interesting since she doesn't show up until episode 3. And it's still hilarious the way that Rinko
    tries to compete against Himari and winds up loosing.
    Next week everyone's favorite loli water snake demon Shizuru arrives, You Know! Laughing

Sunday episode 1 of Kiddy Grade. This was the reverse of NOIR where I had seen the
    beginning but not the ending; I had seen the ending but not the beginning of Kiddy Grade
    so this was new to me.
    Soooo....the girls have some sort of back history with Armbuster. It be interesting to see since
    Ecalire seems to have a negative reaction when learning they were going to team up with him.
    What did he do to so piss her off like that?

I watched the dub because I had already seen the sub of the bit that I had watched before.
    Colleen Clinkenbeard as Eclaire did her usual good job.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/20/2017, 4:44 pm

I don't quite remember but let me guess Armbrust sacrificed his partner. Unlike Lumiere, Eclair doesn't forget. Maybe he's forgiven but not forgotten...

Since, there's not much anime, korean, japanese shows for me to watch I looked into chinese one. I don't do often since they are kind of weird, with some century old country side uncivilized chinese specific stuff, and bad scripting.
    Sword Master (2016) is an example of bad scripting: It's about two rivals who suffer the ugly truth of the martial world. The intro is bad because until far into the story it was not obvious there are two main characters until you see them face to face. Other than that it's a total mix/imitation of various movies and stuff. The romances lovers/enemies are just decoration and to show some moral point but otherwise could have gone as well without.
    Anyway, so I finally found a reasonable good enough show "The Legend of Chusen" (also a mix of all kinds of sources but far less obvious). However, it seems to be an unending show (guessing 100+ episodes) so I doubt I'm gonna watch more than a few episodes just to get some insight.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/22/2017, 2:28 pm

Monday I re-watched episode 6 of Sakura Wars for my raw monday night episode.
    I always get a kick out of how they show the difference between what Kohran actually means and
    Sakura's naive literal understanding. Laughing
    Though it does get darker as the episode goes on.

Tuesday episode 2 of Suzaku. This introduces Yamato's friend Yasanobu the self styled
    ladies men. It was pretty lol! hilarious the way Yamato tries to protect Suzaku's virtue by saying she's an ugly old woman with a bad mouth so his friend won't try to take advantage of her.
    And then she ends up hearing what he said because...she was standing right there when he said it!.
    So for the rest of the episode he's pretty much in the doghouse with her.

The more I watch the more I'm certain that Suzaku has to be either a straight Melancholic or a
    Melancholic/Phlegmatic blend by the way she acts. First she's pretty much a perfectionist, second is the way she holds a grudge against Yamato and third is the way she didn't want to leave home to come to Tokyo for school.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/24/2017, 2:04 pm

Youjo Senki ep.7
    The show gets better after episode 3. In this episode the Empire invades Norway through the Orose Fjord (Ofotfjord). This is obviously a WWII event relocated to WWI due to Tanya's interference with history.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Narvik
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/24/2017, 2:18 pm

Wed. episode 4 of Akame ga Kill Night Raid is sent on a mission against the serial killer Zunto the
    Decapitator who was a former executioner who went mad. Unfortunately for Tatsumi who is teamed with Akame, Zunto has Imperial Arms that a) allow him to hypnotize his opponent into thinking they're looking at the person they love the most, and so Tatsumi thinks he's seeing Sayo! and b) it also allows
    Zunto to literally read his opponent's mind.
    Fortunately for Tatsumi Akame comes just in time to save him.
    However Zunto then uses it on her but is surprised when she's able to resist the hypnosis.
    Dying he asks why she was able to defeat him and she replies: "Because I love that person
    so much I want to kill them." (her sister Kurome)
    The Agakill minisode was about Night Raid having a tv informercial. Laughing

Th. episode 6 of NOIR Kirika and Mirielle are hired to kill an old man who once was a
    KGB operative responsible for a genocide. Now he tries to atone for the past by living humbly
    and helping the poor and needy of his city.
    Kirika finds and befriends the old man's cat and then the old man thus making the assignment
    harder.
    And then Mirielle does some further research on the internet and learns that when he was a boy
    the old man was the lone survivor of a massacre prepertrated by the same people who had hired
    them!
    Realizing they have got themselves involved in the middle of a blood feud Mirielle asks Kirika what they should do and the latter agrees to go forward.
    In the end they didn't really need to kill him as he already was dying.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/25/2017, 10:21 am

ZERO - Dragon Blood ep.7
    Alice in her quest for the mysterious egg has tracked down Rei's base, a bar. She has made herself at home in the storage room/closet which surprises him. Rei is ordered to come to the secret Makai temple to help Makai mage Rekka to seal the dragon egg, hence, prevent it from falling into the ryuki's=dragon knight's hand. The dragon knight is a legendary hero long before the age of the makai knights who has been awoken from his slumber. For some reason he has turned against mankind. The ryuki easily kills and beats the makai knights and mages alike. Alice manages to seal the egg just in time with her hand (leaving a palm print), hence, making herself a target. Makai mage Kagome, in order to take revenge for her brother, tries to snatch Alice away but loses against Rei. Rekka intervenes in time but Kagome falls over, brought down by hunger. Kagome joints the gang and secretly disables Alice's protective bracelet magic. Alice is promptly discovered and kidnapped by the ryuki. Ryuki call the egg his child for some reason and Alice tell him she found it first under a tree, which he referred to as Nova. With Kagome's pixie radar the gang tracks down his hideout but are stopped by his guards. Alice gets sweet talk into unsealing the egg. The gang arrives but is overwhelmed. Kagome releases all her power blowing a whole into the ryuki. Both fall...

Seirei no Moribito
    Season 2 ep.4 & 5
    Chagum's assasination fails as the other guard (Jin) intervenes. They break out of the prison with a small number of people and try to escape on a raft. Chagum gets speared and the party is intercepted by an unknown ship.
    While accompanying a convoy with Masa's merchant son Balsa and Asla are attacked by a wolf pack which causes Asla to unleash the god's power. Witnessing this Balsa decides they go their own way. They get attacked by bandits. Among them is Jiguro and they unite. But they are soon met by hunters who are after Jiguro. Balsa and Asla seek refuge at the old witch's camp.
    Chagum tries to escape but to no avail. He's shown the ruins of a large mountainous city. Supposedly, a result of the Empire's wrath/invasion.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 2/27/2017, 4:44 pm

Seirei no Moribito
    Season 2 ep.6
    As it turns out the city is the holy city of the fallen Yogo Empire. And Araytan Higo is actually the Emperor who's now forced to work as a Talsh spy. Senna, the pirate girl, returns to her ship. Chagum is escorted to the Talsh Empire's capital Lahain where he's forced into submission to prince Raul [Ra-ul] (to spare his people). Chagum returns to his ship's crew for the return home trip.
    Meanwhile the New Yogo emperor gets reluctantly into an alliance with the Kambal Kingdom (the guy Balsa tried to assassinate at the end of season 1). In Rota, Ihan faces trouble with his brother king Yosam's terminal illness/death.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 2/27/2017, 4:53 pm

Friday episode 22 of X it's finally revealed that Hinoto has another personality and that this
    alternate personality is the one who wants to destroy the Seven Dragons of Heaven. The alternate
    personality is also the one responsible for the earlier attacks on Kamui and his friends. Princess Hinoto
    decides to rid herself of it once and before by committing suicide; but now before Kamui and Sorata
    end up frozen.
    Kasunagi and another member of the Dragons of Earth attack Akio and Yusuriha. But just as it looks
    like Yusuriha is about to die Kasunagi switches sides after she reveals she knew he was a Dragon of
    Earth all along but still loves him.
    Sorata arrives in time to see Arashi attack Kusanagi and appear to take her place as a Dragon of
    Earth!
    (seems to be a lot of betrayal in this series...Fuma betrays Kamui and his sister...Hinoto betrays
    the Dragons of Heaven...Beast betrays Satsuki and now both Kasunagi and Arashi respectively
    betray their old sides and switch places..I think Satsuki and Yusuriha are the only ones who haven't
    betrayed anyone!)

Saturday episode 2 of Omamori Himari the gang decide to go to the beach. Himari asks
    Yuto to help her find a bathing suit so he decides to bring Ringo along to get a girl's opinion.
    While there Himari also decides she needs some western clothes and nearly cons Yuto into dressing her but he remembers in time: "You wear you school uniform all the time!" Laughing
    At the beach Ringo taunts Himari about how cats don't like water so Himari decides to ride the
    inflatable killer whale(" It's not a fish!").However she finds herself drifting out to sea and then
    Yuto shows up but just as they are about to go back in Shizuru causes a tidal wave to wash them to where she is.
    She and Himari fight but Shizuru appears to have to upper hand until Himari purposes wounds herself and the spell ends.
    Shizuru retreats but warns them she'll be back, you know!
    At the end of the episode Lizlet is seen.

Sunday episode 2 of Kiddy Grade Alv and Dvrger are introduced as they are commissioned to find a missing gravity bomb. Eclair and Lumiere are ordered to be their back ups. But when they
    get to the prison where the bomb is supposed to be they find it's a trap and Armbuster seemingly
    has betrayed them. Alv and Dverger leave Eclaire and Lumiere in the lurch and take their ship.
    But it won't leave without the girls and comes back for them.
    Later Armbuster is shown in an old warehouse finishing an apparent deal, but it's a sting and
    Eclaire and Lumiere are there for the bust.
    Just as the suspect thinks he can get away Alv and Dverger appear where he is and arrests him.

Ohhh....yeah...on Omamori Himari...great line: " You forget Ringo there is one of those
    so called monsters standing right before you." Himari to Ringo who seems to have forgtten
    what Himari was!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/1/2017, 2:34 pm

Monday re-watched Sailor Moon SuperS for my Raw Monday Nights episode. It was the one where the Scouts think that Chibiusa has a boyfriend and so go out of their way to try to get her to admit who he is.
    I rather love the scene at the resturant when all the other girls leave poor Ami sitting at the table so they can spy on Mamoru and Chibiusa,and poor Ami is telling the waiter:" I'll have the apple juice!"
    over and over again.
    Poor girl!
    And then at the end when Chibiusa shocks everyone when she tells them it's none of their business!
    Laughing

Tuesday episode 3 of Suzuka this episode introduces Suzuka's possible love rival for Yamato,
    Honoka. Totally the opposite of Suzuka, especially in the cooking department! Laughing
    Didn't help things when Yasnobu tells her that Yamato and Honoka were probably planning a date!
    Suzuka's jealousy rating went sky high and she spent the rest of the day giving him the cold shoulder. And then he gets a cold by waiting for her for five hours!
    (Idiot!)...didn't help things that Yasnobu and Saotome came over to eat all the food that Honoka
    had made for him!

btw: this episode shows why Suzuka takes all her meals with Ayano and Miho as she can't even operate a microwave properly!
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12533
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 3/2/2017, 2:48 pm

The Rewatch Campaign (Day 1)

The task for me in this thread and finally stepping up my paritcipation so I can develop it as a habit will be to rewatch and analyze some of the series I have seen before. Marzgurl put out a bit of a harsh review of Seikai, so I wanted to start there. This will ultimately cover four series in a random order as follows:

Crest/Banner of the Stars
    Gurren Lagann
    Kill La Kill
    Arpeggio of Blue Steel

There are a lot of series I have not seen that I want to catch up on, like Seraph of the End, the 2nd season of Free, Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. Anyway got to start somewhere, will start with someplace familiar.

Progress, (Episodes 1 and 2 of Crest of the Stars)

I am now weighing how much different the VA work is between Crest and Banner I. Getting a budget together for the VAs seemed to do wonders to the quality for Banner I, albeit still stilted. Granted, with or without nostalgia goggles, the emotional impact of what happens to Jinto and the everyman-syndrome approach using him is fairly brilliant. I am starting to remember that whether or not I understood the politics, the gravity of the situation still captures me. I am glad to have sat through it. The 2nd episode was harder to sit through in part, but otherwise, I look forward to continuing my review of the series.

Progress (Episode 1 of Arpeggio of Blue Steel)

I am surprised that for me, I never noticed it was 3D until say episode 5, where the odd hair styles make the 3D really stand out. Revisiting episode one, I say the mix of styles is still alright. I am not sure the 3D alone was what drove people away from the series; but the expositional onslaught (ty Nostalgia Critic) may have had a big role. There's a lot more to take in here than perhaps what one would get from Crest of the Stars.

Talk to you later, I am working on the Wiki, editing stuff and posting barely edited song lyrics adapted for Seikai. Feedback is always lovely.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/3/2017, 11:27 am

There are a lot of 3D animes these days many are mixed, though. I think most were driven away because they got disappointment when comparing to the manga. I have skimmed through it but I can't tell there was that much of a difference. *shrugs*

While looking at tnew animes I found two shows that might interest you, Mitsuki.
    Soushin Shoujo Matoi
    Exorcist girl Matoi gets drawn into a war of higher dimensional beings called Gods and Nights.
    The art is similar to chibi girls for the teens and more simple than Bebob for the adults. It's mostly about the trouble of a young teen girl.

Gabriel DropOut
    Young angels and devils living in the human world and their reversed personality and actions.
    It's amusing. The art leans on the cute and chibi side. It's mostly about the funny side of things.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/3/2017, 4:37 pm

Thanks. Smile

AFAIG with 3D and regular mix in anime, I think that Blassreiter might've been one of the first to try it with rather mix outcome.

Wed. episode 5 of Akame Ga Kill and YES! at last our beloved villainess Esdeath doth make her
    official appearance! Cool
    Also introduced is Seyu a young member of the Guard who has a grudge against Night Raid because
    Captain Ogre was her mentor. Too bad it looks like she and Tatsumi could've made a good couple too.
    The Agakill minisode focused on Sheele and her glasses.

Th. episode 7 of NOIR An assignment goes awry in the Middle East and Kirika ends up being
    seriously wounded. Shows just how badass we forget Mirielle actually IS also what Kirika can do with a ID card!
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/4/2017, 5:32 am

Youjo Senki ep.8
    Tanyas' battalion is tasked to retake Arene city from the resistance. The Empire intends to level the city.
    Hmm, was there as case like this in WWI in I guess somewhere around Saarland? I doubt it...

coming soon
    Seirei no Moribito - live action
    season 2 ep.7
    spoor356
    spoor356
    Front Flyer
    Front Flyer

Number of posts : 215
    Imperial Credits : 12533
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by spoor356 3/4/2017, 11:48 pm

Hello!

Well time to update my progress.

Randomly, Crest of the Stars (Episodes 6 to Cool the Febdash standoff.

As I felt inspired to write lyrics or barely edit the lyrics the original writers provided just to narrowly suit the world I felt connected to; I ended up leaping from episode 1 and 2 of Crest of the Stars to 6 through 8. I suppose I wanted to revisit the standoff so I could try to capture the baron's quotes for lyrics. It's starting to set in how much of an improvement in the VA work a decent budget makes (CotS vs. Banner I) but again I'm already invested in the world and his paranoia and growing delusions of grandeur help wave away some of the horrible decisions he makes.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Episode 2)

I am reminded here of why I called this better than Kantai Collection since it is basically Dragon Ball Z, but with giant ships, which I insist remains incredibly awesome to witness. I suppose the backdrop of the not teenage, but still teenage looking protagonists may dissuade some people, though I am thoroughly enjoying my experiences through this again. I am saddened my first watch through of this show had to be while I was at a call center. Alas, now I can enjoy it now that I own it on DVD.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 3/6/2017, 7:15 am

Seirei no Moribito - live action
    season 2 ep.7
    This episode is a bit confusing as it seems a few details aren't explained. Btw. I'm now certain Asla is actually pronounced Asra.

Shihana, now seemingly allied with Ihan. (They are bound by their connection to Torishia) He visits the siblings announcing his intent to set things right.
    Meanwhile the lords of Rota unite against Ihan under Suan. Obviously, Shihanna is supplying them with information.
    Balsa, Tanda and Sfal have united and sneak into Ihan's crowning ceremony. Just when he is about to complete it Suan objects backed by the lords.
    Ihan says he's abinding the will of his brother. (as if that would ever work)
    While armed standoff chaos breaks out a Talu woman suddenly walks up... The Talu reclaim their land by calling out to their god... Asra sees a vision of her mother calling her ...
    She reaveals herself and the false statue covering the tree stem falls apart as she climbs into the Talu throne. The Rota try to stop her but get stopped by the god. Balsa calls to her trying to get her to her senes.
    Shihana beats Balsa and (poses as Torishia in Asra's vision) telling her to fullfill her destiny. Confused, Asra sees another vision of her mother and falls asleep. Ihan stops Shihana but lost argument to her. Balsa stops Sfal from killing Shiaha while she's distracted. Balsa jump-saves Asra as she falls into the other realm's water and onto the ground. (cut here)
    Meanwhile, Sada is revived. (That's it?)
    Balsa, Tanda, Shikisa transport the unconscious Asra back to Masa's place where she finally awakens. This concluds this arc. Balsa is told about Chagum's...

Valvrave ep.1-4
    After coming this far my opinion isn't changing much.
    The studentbody is similar to Ryvius and the story arc is similar to Gundam 00 & Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, L-Elf is similar to Heero only much more extreme while our heroes are rather typical. Other than the mechas and vampire theme the show is still missing things that actually sets it apart from the pack. It's not so bad but it all boils down to that.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 3/6/2017, 3:46 pm

Speaking of Dragonball, I've been watching some of the episodes of Super on Adult Swim
    Saturday nights. Goku is still pretty much Goku. Laughing

Friday watched episode 23 of X and so Arashi didn't really betray the Dragons of Heaven. She did what she did in order to protect Sorata. In the end it didn't work as during their duel she shows her
    true colors by saving him when a nearby building starts falling all around them. This makes Fuma realize
    what she was up to all the time and he is about to execute her when Sorata literally steps in the path of his Divine Sword.
    Next on Friday is the finale and then comes the prequel OVA.

Saturday episode 3 of Omamori Himari. This is the official intro to everyone's favorite blode
    tea enthusiast not named either Mami Tomoe or Darjeeling! Laughing
    When the gang find out how Shizuku(who decides to move in to keep a watch on Yuuto) is also a really good housekeeper Himari gets miffed. Then their teacher meets her and takes her to the
    tea shop Lizlet works at. One thing leads to another and Himari ends up working there.
    However she and Lizlet are suspicious of each other leading to the former using a spell to make everyone go away,leaving just Yuuto and the girls.
    Lizlet and Himari fight and then Himari realizes Lizlet isn't a demon but something else and looks for the object that is her real body. She is about to destroy it when Yuuto steps in and Lizlet
    decides to show her thankfulness by becoming one of the gang!

Sunday episode 3 of Kiddy Grade, Eclaire and Lumiere are ordered to escort a prisoner.
    But the police official who goes with them is very unsure of allowing 'children' on such a dangerous
    assignment. Worse they're being hunted by a group of mercenaries who are out to free the prisoner.
    During an attack Eclaire is wounded but she and Lumiere wind up showing their worth to the police official who changes his mind about them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 4:36 am