Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Kin of the Stars

Please sign in to post.

Kin of the Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kin of the Stars

A community for the fans of Crest of the Stars, Abh culture, anime, technology, science fiction, video games, and friendly conduct.

+7
lymhfeubdach
tanis1lionheart
Almael
Schwenkdawg
mitsuki lover
AlexT
JGZinv
11 posters

Random Thought

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Number of posts : 542
    Imperial Credits : 12506
    Registration date : 2009-03-18

Random Thought - Page 26 Empty Re: Random Thought

Post by AlexT 11/16/2012, 11:31 am

The hard work period seemed to be finally over but before i began to think about some rest it seems i'm going to europe next week...
    I wanna go back to office work Sad
    "Building safer future through superior firepower" Twisted Evil

Weird stuff with that Raptor that crashed to the highway btw...Guess we'll never know why it happened
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 2849
    Imperial Credits : 19030

Post by Almael 11/16/2012, 1:57 pm

AlexT wrote:i'm going to europe next week...
    Have a safe trip and welcome back to the free world. Very Happy

"Building safer future through superior firepower" Twisted Evil
    "World Peace through New Order!" Twisted Evil
    Spoiler:

Weird stuff with that Raptor that crashed to the highway btw...Guess we'll never know why it happened
    After months it will be declared "Nothing wrong with the bird it's pilot error" And the unit commander took command just yesterday.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Number of posts : 4215
    Imperial Credits : 17935
    Registration date : 2009-04-10

Post by mitsuki lover 11/16/2012, 4:23 pm

I feel like pulling my hair out,again! Evil or Very Mad
    I found out that one of the dates for one of my Swiss ancestors has to be off by about
    5 or 6 years or else her putative father wasn't her father.
    She supposedly was born in 1690 but he DIED in 1684.So I'm thinking the date for her birth is off.The problem is since they were Mennonites there wouldn't be a baptismal/christening date given for her since like all Anabaptists Mennonites don't believe in Infant Baptism,they believe solely in Adult or Believer's Baptism.

Oh...as far as Southern Belles go...as long as they're from either North Carolina or
    Virginia... lol!
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/19/2012, 2:32 pm

Raining again today.
    I been thinking of how all the things we think we know about Thanksgiving:the Pilgrims,the Mayflower,etc.are probably mostly myths created mainly by New Englanders.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/20/2012, 2:21 pm

Imho dates like birth after a parent's death is more problematic.
    Date problems are still common in most countries, though.
    Yeah, I know virgins comes from Virginia. lol!

Well, actually, many things are some kind of "lies" for good or worse.
    I don't bother to list or discuss them as it might turn out bad or for the worse.

Sniffing the mil forums a bit:
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?219504-China%92s-New-J-31-Stealth-Fighter-Takes-Off-on-Maiden-Flight
    The chinese already are flying their second stealth fighter design.
    It looks like a cross between F35 and Mig29, so I guess it will replace the Mig as a fighter (not ground pounder).

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?218203-Indonesian-New-Stealth-Trimaran-Destroyed-In-Flames
    Indonesia just build a stealth ship but it soon went up in flames! o.O Reminds me of some royal swedish galleon sinking just after leaving port for the first time.

Looking at the budget and comptroller reports, really, the F35 is nearly double as costly as the F22 and still no end. The new zumwalt destroyer costs more than a sub and nearly as much as a carrier. These cost overruns are just amazing.
    Looking around, a thought I've had for a long time got confirmed. So called classified info are more to keep the (our) public in the dark than enemy expert. Experts know their stuff anyway and can easily deduce new things with a glance. For example there is less info on the F22 these days than before (after censorship of public reports like negative evaluations) but you can a lot more on public chinese sites. Really, some I haven't seen before. Makes me want to do my own nerdy report just to show how easy it is to uncover stuff. Apropos nerd
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20325517
    BBC says nerds are "in" now. It seems to me that some people think being a bit technical like playing computer games makes them nerds. Duh. I think a nerd should be at least on the level of a McGyver (imho highschool level science interested guy) or better.

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 11/20/2012, 8:42 pm

Almael, maybe as cost rises the numbers will decrease... I mean the actual amount of those that will be built. I gues It's more about tech superiority these days..
    Just arrived to Poland, tired as hell. Hope i won't sleep on all of the meeting planned for tomorow

Any fresh thoughts on Isralel conflict?
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/21/2012, 2:34 pm

It's no real secret that Hamas wants Israel destroyed.I mean the whole goal of the radical Moslems has been the destruction of Israel.
    Some days I wonder if we aren't really in the Last Days and if all this won't be leading up to
    Armagedon.
    Yeah,pretty much of a pessimist when it comes to the Mideast,especially these days.I don't see anything positive coming out as long as Hamas controls The West Bank and Gaza Strip.To me the only
    real solution is and always has been a One State Solution in which everyone,Jew,Christian,Moslem and Druze is treated as an equal citizen of Israel.
    The Two State is no Solution.
    AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 11/21/2012, 5:14 pm

Well, i guess you can't find solution if you're the only one interested in it
    So for now it's good old "Paise the Lord and pass the ammunition" Razz
    Israel are the weird bunch, rich ones though

I think i'll be coming back sooner.
    The end of the world is near they say Shocked Wanna celebrate my birthday before it happens Laughing
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/21/2012, 9:30 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:
    Some days I wonder if we aren't really in the Last Days and if all this won't be leading up to
    Armagedon.
    Armageddon is a real existing place there so it will happen. lol!
    War is the only certainty here or we all die out before it becomes peaceful there.

AlexT wrote:
    I think i'll be coming back sooner.
    The end of the world is near they say Shocked Wanna celebrate my birthday before it happens Laughing
    A bit early, but congratulations!! cheers bounce bounce cheers
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/23/2012, 4:48 pm

I did say I was pessimistic about the whole thing.And now in Egypt Morsi looks like
    he is just doing the same thing as Mubarak. Evil or Very Mad

Any hows,only a month to Christmas left.

I still need to get my doctor's appointment made,but plan on doing it after the New Year so there won't be any holidays to worry about(I have to get it a month ahead
    with the doctor,wish they did it like the dentist so I could make the appointment
    after my last one.Oh..well..)
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/24/2012, 12:36 pm

Well, just as predicted. History just repeats for that region until the people change their mentality or way of thinking.
    All hail the brotherhood! All hail Kane! Twisted Evil

Japan is going to change its prime minister again. That office changes like fashion. Laughing Then again a fashioned pm has to leave. Duh.

The chinese government found a way to deal with dangerous food they grow their own for their own government employees. Nice!

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/26/2012, 2:48 pm

Which country changes PMs more often,Japan or Italy? scratch
    I think there must be a revolving door in both Rome and Tokyo.

China is going to dominate the Far East for the next 50 years or so unless the U.S.,
    Japan and South Korea get serious about countering Beijing.Don't see that happening now though.

Basically we need something like NATO for the Far East that would include the U.S.,
    the Philippines,the Republic of China(Taiwan),Japan and the Republic of Korea(South Korea) to counter the China threat.Though not going to happen is the way I think.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 11/26/2012, 8:37 pm

Italy still holds the record but if Japan keeps this up for another decade it will be close. I knew japanese politics was cumbersome and bad due to their ways.... I'm even more disappointed the way they deal with their populace as of recent times. Fukushima really revealed all that is bad: hardly any real support for the people, no rebuilding in sight, and more cloak and dagger policy. It's swim or sink for the people on their own. Now it seems, they simple start ignoring the problems, as if it can solve things. Just like with "some" [numerous] social issues. Nice on the outside but poor and dysfunctional inside. It's a sad state.

Japan is on the downhill economically and socially. I don't see them able to bring up the necessary effort. S.Korea is of no significance. All the rest can't work together. I don't see any chance of opposition. Even if they all get together, economically and resourcefulness can't keep up. China could just flood them with soldiers with knives and still win.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DF-21
    look at the DF21 range. China has supreme sea control. Only subs can penetrate and they will be meet with hundreds of fast stealth missile boats. Japan is the only one who could attempt air superiority but I don't see it holding out for longer than a week. I doubt anyone has more ammo for more than a months worth. Until enough US forces come it will be too late. And that ability is still 15-25 years in the future at best. Isreal's iron dome is a must have now to counter artillery, but without air support or denial it won't last long either. And it's still too expensive. It must cost about 30 times less to make it ideal. Artillery mining and antiship missiles are best to prevent chinese troops from gaining ground. But these are very vulnerable to air attack and there's not much space to move around either.

AFAIK(I'm not following mil stuff unless there's some interesting tech involved) little number of bad reports that are no longer available to the public:
    http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2008/09/download-infamous-rand-air-pow.html
    http://www.dodbuzz.com/2012/04/10/the-f-22s-new-normal.htm

"How does the F-22A compare a quarter century later?" by Stevenson
    They just show the reality of AF superiority. In short the military situation is very bad on nearly all areas.
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/28/2012, 2:38 pm

I'm currently reading Jesse Ventura's book DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODicans.It's interesting how he points out that the two major parties are similiar to street gangs.Some points I disagree with,but it's refreshing to read. Cool
    mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 11/30/2012, 2:43 pm

Finish the book.Don't agree with everything but it is rather thought provoking.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/1/2012, 3:27 pm

Random Thought - Page 26 385998_276782489024051_100000769064762_723729_879770475_n
    Twisted Evil

There's a new word in a certain movie: dognap
    I bet it's gonna be a word of the year. Laughing

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/4/2012, 1:16 am

lol!

Well only around 19 days before the world ends.Anyone going to party on the 21st? jocolor

Seriously though the way things are going it does feel sometimes that the world might has well end.
    Well,maybe not until I get a chance to order Blood-C and volumes 2-5 of the Sailor Moon manga,or the Wedding Peach manga.
    I mean the world can't end before I can add the lovely face of Ami/Sailor Mercury
    gracing the cover of SM #2 to my manga collection! lol!

I don't know but think I'll buy the manga for my birthday and Blood-C in January.
    I also need to make my doctor's appoinment in January to renew my medication(I would have done it earlier but it doesn't run out until March).
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/7/2012, 4:17 pm

Of course there's gonna be a party. Besides, the Obama administration already declared it will permit the continuation of the world. Razz

Don't see a problem with your choices. Very Happy

Well, I tracked down some more gov docs for my yearly self-education or rather I tried to do so. As it turns out many public ones that show some mismanagements or state and such are not available at all. It seems nowaday the "wikileak fear" serves to keep them off the eyes of mortal taxpayers. The news only make a note with ambigious summaries at best. >_>

As to the secession petition
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_State_Petitions_for_Secession
    looks like about a million in total have signed numerous versions of it or about 0.35%. We need a prison island or state. Twisted Evil

As to egypt, I predict the rebellion will end soon with 80% "voted" approval rating.

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 12/7/2012, 9:53 pm

Looks like i'll be celibrating new year at home after all Very Happy
    Thanks for congratulations, it was one quiet birthday actually, hopefully new year will be louder.

Almael, guess you're right about China and stuff, though i still think it's all about economy right now, not war in it's classical form. China is not what it was 10 years ago - people minds are changing. Had a chance to talk to few - they kinda remind me of us (post ussr ppl) - same opportunistic bunch Very Happy But i also had impression they are looking into the future more often now, unlike us who half-stuck in the past.
    I already kinda feel "obsolete" after last 2 visits to Europe Very Happy

Btw., speaking of Chinese soldiers with knives - there's an old ussr army joke about 2 american soldiers talking:
    - I heard russians got troops called "Desant" (~elite paratroopers in rus.) to beat one of those we need 3 of our marines!
    - And i heard russians got "Spetsnaz" (SpecOp) - for each of those beasts we need 5 of ours!
    - But i heard the worst of it - there are soldiers called "Stroybat"* - those are such animals - they don't even give them weapons!

*("stroy.bat" is short for construction/building batallions famous for being the only soldiers in army with no weapons assigned)
    __
    As for Brotherhood of Nod - few games scared me as much with their villains as that good old Kain for some reason. Maybe because it didn't feel all that much made up and unrealistik at all Neutral
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/8/2012, 3:29 pm

With rpgs lying around over there it should be loud enough. Laughing

Well, economy, sure, but also military power. China had always imperialistic ambitions. After all, the chinese regular & nuclear forces need to expand to counter the numerous wooden boats of the other asian countries who harass them all the time.

I'm hearing the SU-35S is going to be fielded including by the chinese.
    It appears to be quite something but I haven't followed it to be sure.

AlexT wrote:
    Btw., speaking of Chinese soldiers with knives - there's an old ussr army joke about 2 american soldiers talking:
    - I heard russians got troops called "Desant" (~elite paratroopers in rus.) to beat one of those we need 3 of our marines!
    - And i heard russians got "Spetsnaz" (SpecOp) - for each of those beasts we need 5 of ours!
    - But i heard the worst of it - there are soldiers called "Stroybat"* - those are such animals - they don't even give them weapons!

*("stroy.bat" is short for construction/building batallions famous for being the only soldiers in army with no weapons assigned)
    lol!
    Spetsnaz are great allies to have but I advise to stay away from the Spetsnaz-skaya (vodca)combination. Their eyes will have the kind of look people only see once in their life. Laughing And it does take 4-5 other Spetsnaz to hold one back. *->only living witness* Wink
    I would say they are on the level of french's legionnaires. Both have unpublished death counts during training. Followed by old green berets and people from the "lone wolf" course.

As for Brotherhood of Nod - few games scared me as much with their villains as that good old Kain for some reason. Maybe because it didn't feel all that much made up and unrealistik at all Neutral
    Well, Kane is perhaps Joseph D. Kucan's best role other than Sheridan in Babylon 5, North&South... He's authoritarian when being evil. Laughing
    Since I like Natasha, I feel scorpion tanks are scarier.

--------------
    Looks like the egyptian army gets policing power. They can make arrest without martial law in place or other judicial hurdle. Pretty sure, Sultan Morsi planned all this since the killing of copts that sparked the fall of Mubarak.

AlexT
    AlexT
    Kilo-commander
    Kilo-commander

Post by AlexT 12/10/2012, 2:47 pm

As 'm interested in quality sound (in music, games, movies etc), i came across this interesting information... since you're into jets a lot Almael, can you confirm is is true?

"The Air Force, when training new pilots for combat, sets up a hearing profile manually. Basically, they put them in a huge sphere that is full of hundreds of speakers, and they play a "ping" noise through each one. The pilot then indicates the exact direction that it appeared to come from. By repeating this hundreds of times for each speaker, they can build an exact profile of how that particular pilot positions sound. They do this so that they can load that profile into the jet's computer when they fly, so that target acquisition and missile warning beeps can appear to be coming directly from the source, and allow the pilot to react more naturally. I believe NASA does the same kind of thing, but I do not know much about that."

Once i was impressed with binaureal recordings for headphones (you can find a lot of them on youtube) that not only produced extremely realistic positioning effects in horizontal plane, but vertical also. Since then i try to read all the news a about it waiting till there's true binaureal experience, at least for games
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/10/2012, 8:51 pm

Well, aircrafts are part of aeronautics and astro stuff for me. Nowaday I'm looking it up when I hear something new but I don't really follow it anymore. I know more than a mortal needs to know about it. geek Laughing

As far as binaural sound goes, I have heard it being research since ever for mil applications, mostly for determining shots and artillery. Nowaday, it's for detecting and tracking stealth. I heard the soviets had it since Firefox. Laughing Soldiers already have boxes that can detect shot positions. But I haven't heard it being used for pilots yet.

binaural simulation room 1993 passw: binaural
    According to this paper, it's been in the works for about 80 years by now. Surprised
    I seriously doubt its practicality due to the noise in a jet fighter.
    Or it will make them all deaf.

The latest thing I looked up lately was the EEG scanner for pilots, to monitor if pilots are conscious or not, if they think about sex or other not work related stuff. Laughing The minimization was done by a taiwanese nat. university researcher and taiwanese chip makers.
    The USAF will probably be the first customer for their F-22/F-35.

----------------
    It seems the public has (finally) become interested in how social structures developed etc. Well, nothing new. We already had papers on how civilisation and social indexes are connected since the research on the mayans. It's not a coincidence. Noticed the mechanism representing the mayan calendar system? That's not some mechanical design normal geniusses would come up easily.

Anyway, I have been saying these days, nationalism and secession/founding of little nations are outdated. Another point of view is for example the ability and human resources a country needs to have to be well off. To make it short, for a country to have all the kinds of possible human resources and skills, educations and different kind of professions...I think a population has to be at least a 100 million strong. With that there will be enough tax money to support all necessary investment. I'm too lazy to do the numbers game now, though. I don't think I'm off that much either, though.

-----------
    Btw. I have been looking for a certain radio noise reduction circuity.
    One that's really good, is simple/cheap but delivers top class quality. I know it exists because I have seen it. I missed the chance to save a copy of it. :/
    If you know about one let me know.

Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/16/2012, 2:51 pm

These past days have been more shocking/horrifying than ever. I guess incidents involving young kids gets to everyone. It bothers me that some people start another "tribal" discussion....
    In any case, I doubt we will see any change. Statistically 9/10 of people have guns. Unless martial law comes into effect and house searches&collection become normal ... no way.
    Interestingly, I'm probably the only one in my clan without one.
    Then again, I guess "the guy without one being the most dangerous" may actually be true. Nah, just jk/ or is it? Twisted Evil

There have been a lot of discussion regarding the net and AI drones.
    Regardless of the drafted UN laws I'm pretty sure there's always some who won't sign on ... making it pointless...just like all previous such bans.
    Asrtechica referred to some german site here:
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/pain-continues-after-war-for-american-drone-pilot-a-872726.html

mitsuki lover
    mitsuki lover
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by mitsuki lover 12/18/2012, 5:21 pm

I noticed when ever someone in the media talks about Adam Lanza,the Ct. shooter they always mention how he
    was an,"awkward,shy,anti-social,socially inept,loner who loved violent video games,etc."
    Hmmm...doesn't that sound like approximately 90% of teen boys to you?
    I think once again we are seeing people jumping up and ready to scapegoat Pop Culture as the culprit.
    I mean how many have played Dynasty Warriors to date and NOT shot up an elementary school? scratch
    Instead of focusing on what he was in high school shouldn't the media and law enforcement instead be focusing on what his psychological behavior was like the DAYS before the shooting?
    And more importantly why did he even want to kill his mother in the first place.I think he had deep
    paternal issues and then when he killed her he simply wanted to get back at society as a whole and
    went looking for an easy target.
    Gaming had nothing to do with this.

Oh..and btw..I decided to take a break from Tenchi Forum until at least after Christmas,as I figure
    not much would be happening there any way for now.
    Almael
    Almael
    Imperial Admiral
    Imperial Admiral

Post by Almael 12/18/2012, 6:06 pm

Right. Yeah, I, too, noticed all the mean badmouthing after someone who can't defend himself anymore. To exaggerate it a bit, it's exactly those people who push someone to the limit of suicide or homicide....

I can only think of one reason why he would kill his mother: to spare her the aftermath of this. As to revenge on society, I can't figure how that has anything to do with "innocent" kids. You either take revenge on your equals or higher ups but kids... That's like kicking yourself.

Well, I wanted to be more active but doesn't look like I have the time.
    ----------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_gene
    Looks like the Stargate franchise has found the proof for the Ancient gene. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 5:22 am